PDA

View Full Version : FCS Kickoff: NDSU @ Montana Aug 29th

Pages : [1] 2 3

centennial
May 22nd, 2015, 12:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFjXs77VIAAQpF_.jpg:large

100 days to go till football season starts. Match of the FCS heavyweights. Can NDSU make it 5 championships in a row?
http://www.gogriz.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112014aac.html
http://www.gobison.com/news/2014/11/20/FB_1120144407.aspx
http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2014-11-20/north-dakota-state-montana-be-2015-fcs-kickoff-game-espn
https://twitter.com/SwanyND/status/601467757582897152

Mattymc727
May 22nd, 2015, 01:12 PM
Now that's a great poster. If I didn't hate you guys like King Joffrey, I might hang it in my room.

Uncle Rico's Clan
May 22nd, 2015, 02:17 PM
This match-up is going to be great, I'm already so excited for the game. It's nice to see two of the premiere programs in FCS meeting on ESPN to begin the season.

MR. CHICKEN
May 22nd, 2015, 02:42 PM
...DAT BIZON....LOOKS....ON DUH SISSY SIDE......COODN'T FIND UH...MAN-UP.....LOOKIN 'BIZON.......WHIFF BEASTLY...IN IT'S EYE...xconfusedx...AWK!

AH'M THINKIN'......DUH GRIZZWOLDS.....ARE HOLDIN' DERE SIDES....xlolxxlolx...OVER DIS POSTER...xnodx....BRAWK!

AmsterBison
May 22nd, 2015, 02:43 PM
This match-up is going to be great, I'm already so excited for the game. It's nice to see two of the premiere programs in FCS meeting on ESPN to begin the season.

Can't beat Wash-Griz as a setting either. Hopefully, there won't be any forest fires this year.

No_Skill
May 22nd, 2015, 07:27 PM
...DAT BIZON....LOOKS....ON DUH SISSY SIDE......COODN'T FIND UH...MAN-UP.....LOOKIN 'BIZON.......WHIFF BEASTLY...IN IT'S EYE...xconfusedx...AWK!

AH'M THINKIN'......DUH GRIZZWOLDS.....ARE HOLDIN' DERE SIDES....xlolxxlolx...OVER DIS POSTER...xnodx....BRAWK!

That's the head of the mascot. The same one Lee Corso put on twice ... BRAWK!

Is that an actual promo put out by ESPN?

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 22nd, 2015, 07:40 PM
Cool poster!

Drive for 5 starts in Missoula!

Hammersmith
May 22nd, 2015, 08:40 PM
That's the head of the mascot. The same one Lee Corso put on twice ... BRAWK!

Is that an actual promo put out by ESPN?

Pretty sure it's a fan-made photoshop. Definitely a photoshop. Don't think it came from within the athletic dept.

Drblankstare
May 22nd, 2015, 09:26 PM
It's definitely cool but no way that came from ESPN. I'm assuming their would be copyright issues with using the throne...... On a side note, there's no way Jon Snow is Ned Starks son right? I mean he's def a Targareyan...... Whoops, I thought this was Westeros.com my bad

BisonFan02
May 22nd, 2015, 09:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cci2cKe.gif

gumby013
May 22nd, 2015, 10:54 PM
R + L = J

Confirmed, in my head.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 23rd, 2015, 10:45 AM
R + L = J

Confirmed, in my head.

That's what I concluded after my eyes cleared up from reading 4000 pages in 2 months.

centennial
May 23rd, 2015, 05:21 PM
Here is an article about NDSU's offense/defense. Slightly old, Coach P has put more wrinkles/ some spread. Carson Wentz will be doing more progressions at the line this year. D will be the unknown..
http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2014/8/26/6005585/craig-bohl-wyoming-north-dakota-state-football-offense-defense

BisonFan02
May 23rd, 2015, 07:26 PM
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/11204016_10153376236579532_8206348012446583428_n.j pg?oh=9a42846a9be2d008928d93a7c2277dc6&oe=55FF1F8F

Sundog
May 24th, 2015, 08:58 PM
https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/11204016_10153376236579532_8206348012446583428_n.j pg?oh=9a42846a9be2d008928d93a7c2277dc6&oe=55FF1F8F

Oh my, that was a sweet, sweet day.

Sundog
May 24th, 2015, 09:16 PM
Sep 2003
NDSU 25, Montana 24
NDSU first game in 20 years vs. Div IAA (FCS)
Bison score 23 unanswered points in second half
Montana misses winning field goal as time expires

Grizalltheway
May 26th, 2015, 04:58 PM

Boo, hiss, and **** you. :D

Grizalltheway
May 26th, 2015, 05:01 PM
Can't beat Wash-Griz as a setting either. Hopefully, there won't be any forest fires this year.

Wouldn't count on it. Pretty bad snow year for most of the region.

Bisonator
May 26th, 2015, 06:59 PM
Can't wait for this game and the season to start. GO BISON!!!!

centennial
May 27th, 2015, 07:58 PM
UM fans, what offense are you running this year? Where do you match well vs NDSU? What would be the concerns?
Wish I could go see the game in person..

344Johnson
May 27th, 2015, 08:16 PM
UM fans, what offense are you running this year? Where do you match well vs NDSU? What would be the concerns?
Wish I could go see the game in person..

Might be able to go if I want. Aunt lives in Missoula and it looks like the best FCS stadium.

I think any offense has a reasonable chance of playing with the defense in Fargo this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 27th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Might be able to go if I want. Aunt lives in Missoula and it looks like the best FCS stadium.

I think any offense has a reasonable chance of playing with the defense in Fargo this year.

Your pessimistic attitude aside.....the Bison defense will surprise people this coming year. Their best friend will be the Bison offense keeping the other team's defense on the field.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 27th, 2015, 08:52 PM
Your pessimistic attitude aside.....the Bison defense will surprise people this coming year. Their best friend will be the Bison offense keeping the other team's defense on the field.

Funny because we've had pretty decent defenses the last few years but our offense could rarely sustain and give them an opportunity to rest for any length of time. Our defenses would have been seen as much better had the offense helped out a bit more. I am pretty sure what you said will be exactly what Griz fans can look forward to. Hell even if we can't look forward to the O holding onto the ball to control the clock I am hopeful we can score at a better pace. Just a little bit more help from the offense would make us a much better team overall. Don't count on seeing that early against a solid bunch of roughnecks like the Bison though.

344Johnson
May 27th, 2015, 09:03 PM

Yeah, did you watch the playoffs last year? Teams adjusted. The defense... You know.... The one who lost a lot... I expect them to give up plenty of points.

That's okay. They probably won't be bad but the 11 or 12 points a game thing is probably not happening again this year.

All streaks must come to an end

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 27th, 2015, 09:05 PM
Funny because we've had pretty decent defenses the last few years but our offense could rarely sustain and give them an opportunity to rest for any length of time. Our defenses would have been seen as much better had the offense helped out a bit more. I am pretty sure what you said will be exactly what Griz fans can look forward to. Hell even if we can't look forward to the O holding onto the ball to control the clock I am hopeful we can score at a better pace. Just a little bit more help from the offense would make us a much better team overall. Don't count on seeing that early against a solid bunch of roughnecks like the Bison though.

I'll be watching the Griz/Bison game on TV....:(...and I'm looking forward to seeing the new offensive scheme the Griz have this year. I'm sure there will be quite a few mistakes between the Griz offense and the Bison defense because both units will have new players making starts.

The Griz defense played decent last year but gave up 280 yards rushing. IMO, they will have to improve on that to win the game. The Bison also had the ball for almost 40 minutes, so the Griz offense needs to stay on the field also.

It should be a great game in probably the nicest FCS venue.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 27th, 2015, 09:14 PM
Yeah, did you watch the playoffs last year? Teams adjusted. The defense... You know.... The one who lost a lot... I expect them to give up plenty of points.

That's okay. They probably won't be bad but the 11 or 12 points a game thing is probably not happening again this year.

All streaks must come to an end

Ya, I have missed one home game in over 10 years....xrolleyesx..... yep...I did see the playoffs.

As I have posted in other threads, this defense will probably not hold teams to 11-12 points/game but even if they give up 20 points/game, that is still considered a "good defense".

And what streak? UNI ended one last year.

344Johnson
May 27th, 2015, 09:22 PM
Ya, I have missed one home game in over 10 years....xrolleyesx..... yep...I did see the playoffs.

As I have posted in other threads, this defense will probably not hold teams to 11-12 points/game but even if they give up 20 points/game, that is still considered a "good defense".

The defense in the playoffs didn't hold teams under 20. If the valley is as good as I hear it is, they will have plenty of trouble. Too much unproven to assume the defense will do much.

Bisonator
May 27th, 2015, 09:30 PM
The defense in the playoffs didn't hold teams under 20. If the valley is as good as I hear it is, they will have plenty of trouble. Too much unproven to assume the defense will do much.

Why do you care? I mean its not like you're a fan so why don't you go spend sometime on a Notre Dame board??

344Johnson
May 27th, 2015, 09:55 PM

344Johnson
May 27th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Why do you care? I mean its not like you're a fan so why don't you go spend sometime on a Notre Dame board??

Because I live here and have to deal with it everywhere I go and my dad is very passionate so I follow.

I spend time on a ND board as well. Thanks though. I take it you don't watch football on Sundays because that's not FCS ball?

Bisonator
May 27th, 2015, 10:09 PM
Because I live here and have to deal with it everywhere I go and my dad is very passionate so I follow.

I spend time on a ND board as well. Thanks though. I take it you don't watch football on Sundays because that's not FCS ball?
Maybe its time to move out of Daddys basement and get on with your life. I'm sure you could find something around South Bend to make you happier.

Sure I watch NFL games, what's that have to do with college ball?

344Johnson
May 28th, 2015, 12:40 AM
Maybe its time to move out of Daddys basement and get on with your life. I'm sure you could find something around South Bend to make you happier.

Sure I watch NFL games, what's that have to do with college ball?

Don't live at home. For the record, I occasionally sleep in the basement in my parents house when I'm at home.

And Sunday ball has much to do with FCS ball as Notre Dame ball does, considering neither Notre Dame, nor professional teams, play against FCS teams.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 28th, 2015, 06:30 AM

I'm talking about the season as a whole. Ya, the defense gave up more points in the playoffs compared to usual but the "usual" was pretty hard to compete against. The '13 defense was probably one of the best in the history of the FCS....tough to compete against that. Plus, the Bison faced some pretty good offenses.......you're not going to have 3 and outs all the time against them....xeyebrowx

Now, if this year's defense takes a small step back, as in 6-7 more points/game given up, that will still be a good defense IMO.

centennial
June 2nd, 2015, 06:55 PM
Some videos from the CO school of mines-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMLQHHGE3wM

Game against CSU pueblo-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBfFW-N4_rg

Bob Stitt interview-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7kmzGuymNQ

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 14th, 2015, 11:50 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Another version of the spread.....I think I have seen about a dozen versions of the spread in teams that I have watched the Bison play.

This game will come down to execution and mistakes (TOs).

If the Bison defense cannot rise to the occasion they will be in trouble. If Montana cannot stop the run they will get pounded.

BisonBacker
June 15th, 2015, 08:44 AM
I'm curious about our defense and our RB Dunn. Two key things to watch from NDSU's perspective. Like always the game will be won and lost in the trenches.

UncleBuck
June 15th, 2015, 12:32 PM
74 days.

I'm not too concerned about the Bison offense.

But eager to see who the next men up will be on defense.

Just 74 long days.

BisonFan02
June 17th, 2015, 08:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Y2dbN1k.gif

Meanwhile in Missoula...... xlolx

centennial
June 17th, 2015, 09:30 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Another version of the spread.....I think I have seen about a dozen versions of the spread in teams that I have watched the Bison play.

This game will come down to execution and mistakes (TOs).

If the Bison defense cannot rise to the occasion they will be in trouble. If Montana cannot stop the run they will get pounded.
It's going to be hard to run a new offense against a good team. I do like some of the plays he runs.

Twentysix
June 18th, 2015, 08:15 AM
Does anyone know of an alumni gathering spot (bar) for ndsu games in San Diego?

I see the place in OC and the other place in LA but I'm not interested in driving that far.

coover
June 18th, 2015, 11:25 PM
I'd like to wish both the Griz and the Bison well in this game and I hope the Bison don't beat up the Griz too much as they have a game the next week against Cal Poly.

The game will be advantageous to my guys from San Luis Obispo the next week when we visit UM for our first game of the year with knowledge gained from the NDSU - UM game, while UM will have little knowledge of the new Mustang schemes. Of course, that does not mean Poly will win. The better team will probably win, knowledge or not. But what I am suggesting here is to not overlook us. I expect the Mustangs to be better than most folks think.

NDSUSR
June 18th, 2015, 11:44 PM
Bison by 21. Its not a guess, its a fact.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 19th, 2015, 12:02 AM
Bison by 21. Its not a guess, its a fact.

Could happen but I got a c note if you are laying that down.

NDSUSR
June 19th, 2015, 12:54 AM

Spread is 15. Make it 16 and its on.

Bisonoline
June 19th, 2015, 12:57 AM
Spread is 15. Make it 16 and its on.

Guess that 21 is no longer fact?

NDSUSR
June 19th, 2015, 01:03 AM
Guess that 21 is no longer fact?

Its a fact, but wagering 6 over the spread is for suckers. Money is money.

Bisonoline
June 19th, 2015, 01:31 AM
Ive always found it funny when people get there cheeto all puffed up talking about how their teams going to kick the other teams azz. Then when somebody calls them on it they want to start talking about points.. LOLxthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
June 19th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Ive always found it funny when people get there cheeto all puffed up talking about how their teams going to kick the other teams azz. Then when somebody calls them on it they want to start talking about points.. LOLxthumbsupx

Seems like a decent guy but for some reason just wants to be an ass here for the most part, I don't get it but I'm willing to play along with his facts if he wants.

BisonFan02
June 19th, 2015, 11:42 AM

I'm in, except replace the c note with Grizo buying me a NA beer. :D

Silenoz
June 19th, 2015, 12:20 PM
But what I am suggesting here is to not overlook us.

Is anyone doing that?

ursus arctos horribilis
June 19th, 2015, 12:33 PM
Is anyone doing that?

My exact thought. Why would this even be on his mind. Sort of silly to even say.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 19th, 2015, 12:34 PM
I'm in, except replace the c note with Grizo buying me a NA beer. :D

He won't show. I'll buy it though brother so we can pretend he did something.

Southern Bison
June 19th, 2015, 02:46 PM
Has he made it out of Montana yet on his way to FL??

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
June 19th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Has he made it out of Montana yet on his way to FL??

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I would think so but I'm hoping for a thread update soon so we know what has been going on. He forgets things. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
June 19th, 2015, 03:30 PM

Really? He was too much of a lightweight to last until I got to Fargo last year, I was hoping to meet him.

BisonFan02
June 19th, 2015, 04:23 PM
Really? He was too much of a lightweight to last until I got to Fargo last year, I was hoping to meet him.

You probably did....just forgot to look down. :D

caribbeanhen
June 19th, 2015, 07:59 PM
Have you Boasting Bizun Breathen ever stopped to think about why the heck you've won 4 in a row? or does it not matter your playing JV teams?

centennial
June 19th, 2015, 08:43 PM
Have you Boasting Bizun Breathen ever stopped to think about why the heck you've won 4 in a row? or does it not matter your playing JV teams?
JV? Who is playing JV teams? FCS is certainly not JV. Delaware might be JV though..

NDSUSR
June 19th, 2015, 11:34 PM
Alright so its $100 Bison -21 lock it in Usrus. Put up or STFU.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 19th, 2015, 11:59 PM
Alright so its $100 Bison -21 lock it in Usrus. Put up or STFU.

You were the one that needed to come around on that slick. I'm in from the first time you mentioned it. Glad we finally forced you to stick to your claim but it appears you are there now so good for you, we have a wager.

NDSUSR
June 20th, 2015, 12:11 AM
You were the one that needed to come around on that slick. I'm in from the first time you mentioned it. Glad we finally forced you to stick to your claim but it appears you are there now so good for you, we have a wager.

Its on like Donkey Kong. I will PM you my paypal so you dont have t bounce a check! Bwahahah

"We forced"? Come on man, Im not that easy. Its an iffy bet, but I made it and I still like it. :)

ursus arctos horribilis
June 20th, 2015, 12:25 AM
Its on like Donkey Kong. I will PM you my paypal so you dont have t bounce a check! Bwahahah

"We forced"? Come on man, Im not that easy. Its an iffy bet, but I made it and I still like it. :)

I like it as well. My tone has not changed, yours has. Doesn't matter we're there, good enough. I was sort of hoping this would all happen in person but will take care of it however need be, if need be. As will you, I'm sure.

NDSUSR
June 20th, 2015, 12:27 AM
I like it as well. My tone has not changed, yours has. Doesn't matter we're there, good enough. I was sort of hoping this would all happen in person but will take care of it however need be, if need be. As will you, I'm sure.

Tone schmone..... Some nights a few cocktails, other nights not so much.

Im sure we will meet up this year at some point. :) I can hold out for the cash.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 20th, 2015, 12:33 AM
Dandy.

BisonFan02
June 20th, 2015, 12:42 AM

Tone schmone..... Some nights a few cocktails, other nights not so much.

Im sure we will meet up this year at some point. :) I can hold out for the cash.

Dandy.

Come on bros..... :D xlolx

centennial
June 20th, 2015, 01:09 AM
Lol. It would be embarrassing if Montana lost by 21 in their home..

PantherRob82
June 20th, 2015, 06:15 AM
I got $100 that NDSUSR doesn't pay within a month if he loses the bet. Any takers? xlolx

NDSUSR
June 20th, 2015, 11:04 AM
I got $100 that NDSUSR doesn't pay within a month if he loses the bet. Any takers? xlolx

Yes. Its a bet.

centennial
June 20th, 2015, 11:08 AM
You just got played.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 20th, 2015, 11:09 AM
You probably did....just forgot to look down. :D

http://media.giphy.com/media/14xFtRMKKza7WU/giphy.gif

Old Gregg
June 20th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Yes. Its a bet.

Is that Baileys you drink? I love Baileys too!

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 21st, 2015, 11:18 AM

Not to this Bison team.

21 does seem like a stretch considering it is a home game for the Griz.

Question for Griz fans: Has Montana ever been a -15 point underdog in any home game in the past?

If the Griz can limit the Bison running game, they have a good shot at winning. But the passing game should also be a strength for the Bison in '15.

I'm more excited about this season compared to any other in the recent Bison run. New faces on defense but mostly to see how this offense does and how teams try to defend it. OL is going to crush defenses this year.

caribbeanhen
June 21st, 2015, 01:50 PM
so after 4 street bison fans are trying to tell us they are more excited about this team than any of the other ones. geez can anyone see how weird this is starting to look?

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 21st, 2015, 02:15 PM
so after 4 street bison fans are trying to tell us they are more excited about this team than any of the other ones. geez can anyone see how weird this is starting to look?

Go troll somewhere else

caribbeanhen
June 21st, 2015, 02:23 PM
Go troll somewhere else

not going anywhere..... just like the Bison apparently...

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 21st, 2015, 02:27 PM
]not going anywhere[/B]..... just like the Bison apparently...

As I can see with your worthless posting on almost every Bison related thread.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 21st, 2015, 03:10 PM
not going anywhere..... just like the Bison apparently...

Why should they? The school has a smaller enrollment than Delaware. The only thing they have is a superior football organization.

No reason they should waste money on the move just because your school can't keep up.

When all the division's shift, will Delaware go down to DII?

Catsfan90
June 21st, 2015, 03:26 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/21/097ad6dac625713fbb79f844f70b6b02.jpg

Old Gregg
June 21st, 2015, 03:32 PM

Old Gregg believes that the Bison of North Dakota will lose to the Delaware Alumni KC Keeler. Good luck Bison! I know you need none.

veinup
June 21st, 2015, 06:50 PM

especially on national television xrotatehx :( xrotatehx

centennial
June 21st, 2015, 07:24 PM
Old Gregg believes that the Bison of North Dakota will lose to the Delaware Alumni KC Keeler. Good luck Bison! I know you need none.
Do you know the score from the semifinals last year where SHSU coached by KC Keeler played NDSU?

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 21st, 2015, 07:41 PM
Do you know the score from the semifinals last year where SHSU coached by KC Keeler played NDSU?

:Dxthumbsupxxthumbsupx

The best part of that game was in the 3rd quarter or early 4th when the Bison ran the same A gap run right up the middle something like 6-7 times in a row. SHSU knew what was coming and still couldn't defend it....xlolx

Thundar
June 21st, 2015, 08:51 PM

The best part of that game was in the 3rd quarter or early 4th when the Bison ran the same A gap run right up the middle something like 6-7 times in a row. SHSU knew what was coming and still couldn't defend it....xlolx

They then proceeded to play god bless Texas on the PA

The shsu fans looked crushed

Bisonoline
June 21st, 2015, 11:42 PM
They then proceeded to play god bless Texas on the PA

The shsu fans looked crushed

That was a classic!!!!

Bisonoline
June 21st, 2015, 11:47 PM

Yeah. Our OC was calling some pretty strange stuff. In my section there are a lot of former players and we all were yelling---RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!!
After each run we would yell RUN IT AGAIN. And they did---right on down the field. So when we scored we all looked at each other and we mentioned we hoped the OC learned something on that drive. LOL

Hammersmith
June 22nd, 2015, 12:51 AM
That was a classic!!!!

I still can't believe I didn't get that when it started playing. I'm such a moron.

Hammersmith
June 22nd, 2015, 12:53 AM
Yeah. Our OC was calling some pretty strange stuff. In my section there are a lot of former players and we all were yelling---RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!!
After each run we would yell RUN IT AGAIN. And they did---right on down the field. So when we scored we all looked at each other and we mentioned we hoped the OC learned something on that drive. LOL

Was it someone in our section who looked up to the coaches' box and saw them laughing(or at least grinning) after that set of plays?

NoDak 4 Ever
June 22nd, 2015, 10:35 AM
Was it someone in our section who looked up to the coaches' box and saw them laughing(or at least grinning) after that set of plays?

I heard that Polasek was basically screaming "GO GO GO" into the headset.

Silenoz
June 22nd, 2015, 12:05 PM
Not to this Bison team.

21 does seem like a stretch considering it is a home game for the Griz.

Question for Griz fans: Has Montana ever been a -15 point underdog in any home game in the past?

If the Griz can limit the Bison running game, they have a good shot at winning. But the passing game should also be a strength for the Bison in '15.

I'm more excited about this season compared to any other in the recent Bison run. New faces on defense but mostly to see how this offense does and how teams try to defend it. OL is going to crush defenses this year.

I would bet the only time we've been the 'dog at home in the last 20 years (until now) was against EWU in 2013. Maybe ASU in 2009. And possibly FBS Idaho the few times they visited.

As to the losing by 20 at home... we already pulled that off against Northern Arizona. That was embarrassing. Losing to NDSU would be nothing compared to that.

PantherRob82
June 22nd, 2015, 02:57 PM
Yes. Its a bet.

Ok, it's a bet if we change the time to 15 minutes instead of a month. ;)

ursus arctos horribilis
June 22nd, 2015, 03:05 PM

I thought you were getting your ass handed to you on that one and as it turns out you made a very funny point out of that. xlolx

Don't know if that was planned or you lucked into it but it's good either way.

NDSUSR
June 22nd, 2015, 05:04 PM

You made a bet. Live with it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 22nd, 2015, 06:09 PM
Maybe this has been answered.....I'm assuming there might be some student tix available, when or does the UM release them to the public?

ursus arctos horribilis
June 22nd, 2015, 07:09 PM
Maybe this has been answered.....I'm assuming there might be some student tix available, when or does the UM release them to the public?

There won't be any student tix available I'd bet but I think it's in July if there were. Seems like they might hold student tix until later though. I can't be sure but those are usually released the Wed. or Thurs. right before the game but I could just be talking out my ass on this as I am not sure on the matter...just going off what I have heard in the past.

Old Gregg
June 22nd, 2015, 07:20 PM

I don't recall the score...Nevertheless, that was the previous coach's team who moved on to GSU. KCK did a great job of pulling that team together after learning a new O and taking them to the semi-finals. Hey---He did win a National Championship in his second year with the Hens! I like the Bison and wish you more success and more Baileys! My money man at Edwards Jones is a NDSU grad and I never want him to lose!

caribbeanhen
June 22nd, 2015, 07:55 PM

weirdly overmatched Sammy looked for a semi-final, they didn't stand a chance

Bisonoline
June 22nd, 2015, 08:21 PM
I still can't believe I didn't get that when it started playing. I'm such a moron.

Oh yeah. When that started playing we all just looked at each other in disbelief and then we all busted out laughing. It was great.

veinup
June 22nd, 2015, 08:26 PM
There won't be any student tix available I'd bet but I think it's in July if there were. Seems like they might hold student tix until later though. I can't be sure but those are usually released the Wed. or Thurs. right before the game but I could just be talking out my ass on this as I am not sure on the matter...just going off what I have heard in the past.

that was the case when i was at UM not so many years ago.

Bisonator
June 22nd, 2015, 09:24 PM
Did Stitt change the defense at all? I see NDSU doing what they want offensively again. Hopefully they finish with TD's this year. Given its the first game and we will have a bunch of new starters on defense Montana might score more points but there are lots of unknowns with that matchup. Should be a fun game to watch!

PantherRob82
June 23rd, 2015, 08:37 AM
I thought you were getting your ass handed to you on that one and as it turns out you made a very funny point out of that. xlolx

Don't know if that was planned or you lucked into it but it's good either way.

"I love it when a plan comes together."

AmsterBison
June 23rd, 2015, 10:23 AM
This should be an awesome showcase for the FCS. Two programs, alike in dignity, nursing ancient grudges, looking to break out in new mutiny... it's almost Shakespearean. :)

Uncle Rico's Clan
June 23rd, 2015, 11:55 AM

I know UM changed things up a little bit in anticipation of this game, since it will be played before classes start. Students were able to reserve/purchase their tickets for this game towards the end of the spring semester, and they will also be made available during the summer orientations. Also, UM recently started a season ticket option for students.

I'm not saying their won't be extra student tickets available, I just think the UM athletic department is trying to make an extra effort to get as many students into the game as possible.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 23rd, 2015, 12:32 PM
I know UM changed things up a little bit in anticipation of this game, since it will be played before classes start. Students were able to reserve/purchase their tickets for this game towards the end of the spring semester, and they will also be made available during the summer orientations. Also, UM recently started a season ticket option for students.

I'm not saying their won't be extra student tickets available, I just think the UM athletic department is trying to make an extra effort to get as many students into the game as possible.

I don't know but there aren't many opportunities for anyone else to get student tiks are there? I mean they are almost always gone even for games not near this magnitude aren't they?

GetEmGriz
June 23rd, 2015, 12:51 PM
I don't know but there aren't many opportunities for anyone else to get student tiks are there? I mean they are almost always gone even for games not near this magnitude aren't they?

Most games see student tickets sell out. Probably the only ones that don't sell out are the Northern Colorado type games. For a game as big as this, you can forget about your chances at any leftover student tickets being released to the public. This one will pack in the students.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 23rd, 2015, 12:53 PM
Most games see student tickets sell out. Probably the only ones that don't sell out are the Northern Colorado type games. For a game as big as this, you can forget about your chances at any leftover student tickets being released to the public. This one will pack in the students.

Is school back in then as well?

GetEmGriz
June 23rd, 2015, 04:09 PM
Is school back in then as well?

The fall semester officially starts the Monday after the game, so students will be in the process of moving in the week leading up to the game. Most students should be back on campus by Aug. 29.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 23rd, 2015, 04:11 PM
The fall semester officially starts the Monday after the game, so students will be in the process of moving in the week leading up to the game. Most students should be back on campus by Aug. 29.

Oh hell, even further reason to forget about those tiks.

Uncle Rico's Clan
June 24th, 2015, 10:31 AM
An article from the Missoulian addressing attendance and preparation for the game:

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/football/um-expects-record-crowd-for-clash-with-north-dakota-state/article_41a6323a-5ec4-5f34-b97f-e3a4a9e6c929.html

NoDak 4 Ever
June 24th, 2015, 10:35 AM
I'm hoping for that July 20 sale. I only need one ticket so that increases my chances.

caribbeanhen
June 28th, 2015, 07:48 AM
As I can see with your worthless posting on almost every Bison related thread.

may I inquire what happened to that National message board for college football fans of 1-aa schools?

if the answer is I'm on it..... let it soak in sunshine!

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 28th, 2015, 02:13 PM
may I inquire what happened to that National message board for college football fans of 1-aa schools?

if the answer is I'm on it..... let it soak in sunshine!

That is the highlight of your day, troll.

Let it soak in.....

caribbeanhen
June 28th, 2015, 05:02 PM
That is the highlight of your day, troll.

Let it soak in.....

don't flatter yourself now, your no highlight trust me

Milkman
June 28th, 2015, 07:09 PM
What about my highlighter? seriously I'm looking for it. Do you have it?

Bisonoline
June 28th, 2015, 07:31 PM

And you are? xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
June 28th, 2015, 09:21 PM
What about my highlighter? seriously I'm looking for it. Do you have it?

You probably used it coloring your Avatar, that thing is glowing in the dark

caribbeanhen
June 28th, 2015, 09:25 PM
And you are?

Caribbean Hen. nice to meet ya

Milkman
June 28th, 2015, 09:32 PM
You probably used it coloring your Avatar, that thing is glowing in the dark
That's where I left it! Thanks man!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 28th, 2015, 09:44 PM

Like I said, highlight of your day troll.

caribbeanhen
June 28th, 2015, 09:59 PM
Like I said, highlight of your day troll.

How could you know this? Why do you sound so sure? You are the winner! remember humility always wins in the end.....

Bisonoline
June 28th, 2015, 10:11 PM
How could you know this? Why do you sound so sure? You are the winner! remember humility always wins in the end.....

Then victory eludes you at every turn.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 28th, 2015, 10:21 PM

Troll

Grizalltheway
June 29th, 2015, 02:50 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/21/097ad6dac625713fbb79f844f70b6b02.jpg

In 2015, 24 men in New Hampshire have mistaken their toasters for penis pumps...so far.

centennial
June 29th, 2015, 09:08 PM
Caribbean is a good dude. Let's not get hurt about every small jab. He just wants Delaware to be good again..

McNeese75
June 30th, 2015, 08:46 AM
Caribbean is a good dude. Let's not get hurt about every small jab. He just wants Delaware to be good again..

I feel his pain xnodx

AmsterBison
June 30th, 2015, 11:25 AM
I feel his pain xnodx

The pain makes it all the more sweeter when things turn around... something that old Bison fans should know very well from the down years.

caribbeanhen
July 5th, 2015, 10:50 AM
Then victory eludes you at every turn.

Your judgement won't be the one that matters

caribbeanhen
July 5th, 2015, 11:01 AM
I feel his pain xnodx

I think the pain has long since passed, kind of numb to it at this point but all is not lost because I do enjoy FCS football regardless if my team is good or not so good.

There is alot that can be learned on this site to anyone who is willing to read and absorb as the majority on here are not only witty but very well versed and I do like posters with versatility....

At this point though, as the Bison enter 2015 looking for a 5th strait and only getting better according to boasting Byeson in the NW, it makes one start to question what kind of aberration are they running up there in Fargo?

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
July 5th, 2015, 11:35 AM
At this point though, as the Bison enter 2015 looking for a 5th strait and only getting better according to boasting Byeson in the NW, it makes one start to question what kind of aberration are they running up there in Fargo?

Ya know i don't think that there is anything fake or unreal about it. It is hard to recruit great players to a place like Fargo but easy to recruit good players with the right attitude that can be made into great players. With a winning tradition behind the players it becomes less impossible. In such a small town atmosphere it isn't as hard to remove "some" of the distractions that plague successful programs. Add into that a community that has nothing else to do but get on the crazy bandwagon. Everyone in Fargo who isn't a fighting Whoix fan is all in at this point.

AmsterBison
July 5th, 2015, 02:59 PM

The offense might be better, but the defense is getting a complete rebuild so we'll have to wait an see if the team is as good as last year (much less than 2013 team.)

Bisonoline
July 5th, 2015, 03:13 PM
Ya know i don't think that there is anything fake or unreal about it. It is hard to recruit great players to a place like Fargo but easy to recruit good players with the right attitude that can be made into great players. With a winning tradition behind the players it becomes less impossible. In such a small town atmosphere it isn't as hard to remove "some" of the distractions that plague successful programs. Add into that a community that has nothing else to do but get on the crazy bandwagon. Everyone in Fargo who isn't a fighting Whoix fan is all in at this point.

You were doing pretty good till the last points. If the whole community were behind the Bison there would have been WAY MORE than just 2000 more season ticket requests X 4 avg request = 8,000 tickets with a metroplex population of 250,000.
But you are correct that Fargo still has a small town feel.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 5th, 2015, 03:15 PM
I think the pain has long since passed, kind of numb to it at this point but all is not lost because I do enjoy FCS football regardless if my team is good or not so good.

There is alot that can be learned on this site to anyone who is willing to read and absorb as the majority on here are not only witty but very well versed and I do like posters with versatility....

As always, you are a troll.

Your smug BS is old.

344Johnson
July 5th, 2015, 03:26 PM

I think it has more to do with being a football school first and foremost and I think the location thing helps NDSU a lot more than it hurts.

Here you get to be the big show in town. The rest of the country is FBS first and foremost. As much as I have come to love giving NDSU a hard time, the area puts out a fair bit of talent that can play football at this level. Minnesota and Wisconsin and Nebraska miss a few guys then those guys end up here.

UND is a hockey school. That helps NDSU tremendously. Their building is nice, but it's small and they don't fill it up. SDSU is stuck in brookings. If they were in Sioux Falls I'd guess they'd be way more primed for success. Same with USD. Their respective locations kill them. That's not meant to be an insult to Vermillion or Brookings. But small town America is probably going to be more difficult to draw fans and players to.

At NDSU, football players for good and for bad are essentially celebrities. The fanbase is not limited to alums like I get the feeling a lot of FCS schools are stuck with.

The run is likely coming to an end which is fine and I'll get attacked for saying it, but overall it's good for FCS football. The same team winning every year takes away from the legitimacy of the level of football.

Tl;Dr version: a lot of NDSU fans will take a micro approach to looking at what has happened the past 5 or 10 years but I think a macro approach does a substantially better job that explains things.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 5th, 2015, 03:43 PM
I think it has more to do with being a football school first and foremost and I think the location thing helps NDSU a lot more than it hurts.

Here you get to be the big show in town. The rest of the country is FBS first and foremost. As much as I have come to love giving NDSU a hard time, the area puts out a fair bit of talent that can play football at this level. Minnesota and Wisconsin and Nebraska miss a few guys then those guys end up here.

UND is a hockey school. That helps NDSU tremendously. Their building is nice, but it's small and they don't fill it up. SDSU is stuck in brookings. If they were in Sioux Falls I'd guess they'd be way more primed for success. Same with USD. Their respective locations kill them. That's not meant to be an insult to Vermillion or Brookings. But small town America is probably going to be more difficult to draw fans and players to.

At NDSU, football players for good and for bad are essentially celebrities. The fanbase is not limited to alums like I get the feeling a lot of FCS schools are stuck with.

The run is likely coming to an end which is fine and I'll get attacked for saying it, but overall it's good for FCS football. The same team winning every year takes away from the legitimacy of the level of football.

Tl;Dr version: a lot of NDSU fans will take a micro approach to looking at what has happened the past 5 or 10 years but I think a macro approach does a substantially better job that explains things.

No it doesn't.

It says that the team has produced quality teams that have rolled up their sleeves and just were better than the rest of the competition. Better at recruiting talent, better at sustaining success, better at coaching, better at game planning.....

344Johnson
July 5th, 2015, 04:02 PM
No it doesn't.

It says that the team has produced quality teams that have rolled up their sleeves and just were better than the rest of the competition. Better at recruiting talent, better at sustaining success, better at coaching, better at game planning.....

What do you say about Mount Union and Wisconsin Whatever in D3 or NAIA or whatever level that is? It's not good. A dynasty is good and fun up to a point.

At some point, people are going to think less of the collection as a whole, and the team/school winning. The perception would eventually turn into "NDSU is afraid of playing FBS." Or "Yeah, they won again, but they don't play anyone."

Whether or not that is true is not important. The perception is.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
July 5th, 2015, 04:08 PM
Well said 344 Johnson but remember though the fan base for other sports may be smaller NDSU has a great tradition with all sports. Example Wrestling has been top 25 in the country for the last couple years and they are now in the big 12.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 5th, 2015, 04:11 PM
What do you say about Mount Union and Wisconsin Whatever in D3 or NAIA or whatever level that is? It's not good. A dynasty is good and fun up to a point.

At some point, people are going to think less of the collection as a whole, and the team/school winning. The perception would eventually turn into "NDSU is afraid of playing FBS." Or "Yeah, they won again, but they don't play anyone."

Whether or not that is true is not important. The perception is.

Same goes for D3 Mount Union and UW-Whitewater. Other coaches say they need to pick up their game when comparing themselves to those schools. It doesn't matter what level the competition is. When I see a team dominate for any length of time, it says to me that the coaching staff has really done their job and got quality talent.

Just look at the recruits NDSU is getting. Other schools in the Valley or even some FBS teams have offered the players the same scholarship. Why did those kids choose NDSU over the other school? I see it as the coaching staff giving those kids the best information on NDSU the school and NDSU the program.

Look at the school you cheer for the most Notre Dame. Their fall from FBS prominence has to do with very poor coaching staffs IMO. ND has had good football players over the couple of decades but their coaching has been poor or very mediocre.

344Johnson
July 5th, 2015, 04:13 PM
Well said 344 Johnson but remember though the fan base for other sports may be smaller NDSU has a great tradition with all sports. Example Wrestling has been top 25 in the country for the last couple years and they are now in the big 12.

Wrestling is doing well but they still can't compete with the big dogs. Wrestling also doesn't have a huge number of teams. And it's great that they will be getting to call themselves Big 12 but it's not like they invited NDSU. It's a conference merger. They wanted more teams. Still awesome for the wrestling team and I'll probably go to a few duals when the big schools are in town.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 5th, 2015, 04:18 PM
Wrestling is doing well but they still can't compete with the big dogs. Wrestling also doesn't have a huge number of teams. And it's great that they will be getting to call themselves Big 12 but it's not like they invited NDSU. It's a conference merger. They wanted more teams. Still awesome for the wrestling team and I'll probably go to a few duals when the big schools are in town.

Are you kidding me?

Wrestling is competing with the "big dogs" and doing very well. Steven Monk took 3rd last year at 165 and would have been a national champion if Taylor, one of the best college wrestlers ever, had not been in his weight class.

This year NDSU had 2 AAs.

Wrestling does compete with the 'big dogs" and does very well.

344Johnson
July 5th, 2015, 04:21 PM
Same goes for D3 Mount Union and UW-Whitewater. Other coaches say they need to pick up their game when comparing themselves to those schools. It doesn't matter what level the competition is. When I see a team dominate for any length of time, it says to me that the coaching staff has really done their job and got quality talent.

Just look at the recruits NDSU is getting. Other schools in the Valley or even some FBS teams have offered the players the same scholarship. Why did those kids choose NDSU over the other school? I see it as the coaching staff giving those kids the best information on NDSU the school and NDSU the program.

Look at the school you cheer for the most Notre Dame. Their fall from FBS prominence has to do with very poor coaching staffs IMO. ND has had good football players over the couple of decades but their coaching has been poor or very mediocre.

I don't disagree with what you are saying. NDSU has been better than the rest lately.. But it doesn't reflect well on the division in my opinion.

Notre Dame has gotten hurt badly by television. They had a unique advantage of being on TV every week. That advantage is gone. They are a very difficult school to be successful at for coaches.

Kelly is a great coach. Dude has done awesome everywhere be has been...and I don't think a championship is unrealistic in the next 5 or 10 years. Notre Dame did have three not so good coaches in a row though. Davies, Willingham, and Weis.

344Johnson
July 5th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Are you kidding me?

Wrestling is competing with the "big dogs" and doing very well. Steven Monk took 3rd last year at 165 and would have been a national champion if Taylor, one of the best college wrestlers ever, had not been in his weight class.

This year NDSU had 2 AAs.

Wrestling does compete with the 'big dogs" and does very well.

Individuals on the team do well. Look at dual scores rather than what an individual does. I'm guessing you didn't wrestle growing up and might not understand how duals work.

We regularly got our ass kicked in Jamestown by the big schools. We still had kids win state or place highly... But as a team we were irrelevant in the team title picture.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 5th, 2015, 04:45 PM
Individuals on the team do well. Look at dual scores rather than what an individual does. I'm guessing you didn't wrestle growing up and might not understand how duals work.

We regularly got our ass kicked in Jamestown by the big schools. We still had kids win state or place highly... But as a team we were irrelevant in the team title picture.

Actually, I did wrestle.

You might not understand wrestling as a whole either. Go and look at dual scores. NDSU has beaten top 25 schools in duals. As I have said, NDSU competes very well with the "big boys".

OK State is the class of the Big 12 and will continue to be so. The best wrestler in the state of ND, Ryan Blees, went there last year. OSU will continue to get the best wrestlers but teams like NDSU can compete and beat them. Wrestling has only 9.9 scholarships. Not all of the best kids can go to OSU, Penn State, Iowa, Minnesota. That is why college wrestling is so great. Kids from smaller schools do very well and win NCs, as do smaller schools with their placing in the NC tourney. NDSU will compete very well against Iowa State, Oklahoma and W. Virginia in the Big 12. Ok State will be a tough nut to crack but NDSU will raise their game.

344Johnson
July 5th, 2015, 04:51 PM
Actually, I did wrestle.

You might not understand wrestling as a whole either. Go and look at dual scores. NDSU has beaten top 25 schools in duals. As I have said, NDSU competes very well with the "big boys".

OK State is the class of the Big 12 and will continue to be so. The best wrestler in the state of ND, Ryan Blees, went there last year. OSU will continue to get the best wrestlers but teams like NDSU can compete and beat them. Wrestling has only 9.9 scholarships. Not all of the best kids can go to OSU, Penn State, Iowa, Minnesota. That is why college wrestling is so great. Kids from smaller schools do very well and win NCs, as do smaller schools with their placing in the NC tourney. NDSU will compete very well against Iowa State, Oklahoma and W. Virginia in the Big 12. Ok State will be a tough nut to crack but NDSU will raise their game.

Call me when they beat Iowa, Minnesota, Oklahoma State, etc or keep the dual within 10.

Beating a Wyoming or Boise is great. But I'm talking the big dogs... We aren't currently remotely close to beating them. Again, it's great that the wrestling team is doing well. But they aren't going to beat those schools. Nothing wrong with having a few individuals do really well and overall not being able to beat the teams who can cherry pick recruits.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
July 5th, 2015, 04:52 PM
So they wanted the conference but not the conference Champion???

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 5th, 2015, 04:55 PM
Call me when they beat Iowa, Minnesota, Oklahoma State, etc or keep the dual within 10.

Beating a Wyoming or Boise is great. But I'm talking the big dogs... We aren't currently remotely close to beating them. Again, it's great that the wrestling team is doing well. But they aren't going to beat those schools. Nothing wrong with having a few individuals do really well and overall not being able to beat the teams who can cherry pick recruits.

I know you just like to argue......

Call me when Notre Dame beats Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Oregon......

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
July 5th, 2015, 04:56 PM
If your not competitive as a team until your top 10 in the country then you expect a lot. I'm pretty dang happy with top 25 and upward progress. Great coach. Good things happening.

344Johnson
July 5th, 2015, 05:05 PM

Call me when Notre Dame beats Alabama, Ohio State, Florida State, Oregon......

Notre Dame has literally beat all of those teams. In fact, they beat Florida State just a few years ago.

Doesn't change the fact that you are upset for whatever reason that NDSU is not a powerhouse in wrestling. They are good. But they aren't going to be bringing home team titles anytime soon.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
July 5th, 2015, 05:12 PM
Notre Dame has literally beat all of those teams. In fact, they beat Florida State just a few years ago.

Doesn't change the fact that you are upset for whatever reason that NDSU is not a powerhouse in wrestling. They are good. But they aren't going to be bringing home team titles anytime soon.

Nobody said that they were upset we haven't won a D1 national wrestling title. Just that, unlike UND, NDSU isn't a one trick pony. Mens basketball, wrestling, track, and football have all performed well. Historically womens basketball has done well though not of late.

UND reaps the reward of only caring about hockey.

And you kinda skipped my comment about the wrestling conference merger. So the big 12 wanted the conference but not the conference champion NDSU??

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 5th, 2015, 05:16 PM

Beat? In antiquity? LOL

Now you are changing the narrative to being a "powerhouse". Epic fail on your part. I have said they can and do compete with the "big boys" and you try to further your argument with a different narrative now.

Let me explain this to you:

NDSU compete well against the big boys.

So, success, in your eyes, means that the wrestling team needs to win a team title in wrestling to be successful. So far from the truth. In your eyes, a team like Cornel must not be any good or be able to compete with the "big boys" because they do not win a team title.

If knew anything about college wrestling, Cornell is a powerhouse.

Despite your opinion, NDSU is a good wrestling team at the D1 level.....top 25. IMO, Kish can take them to a top 10 team. Being a consistent good team doesn't mean you have to win a NC regularly. That must mean U of M is not very good either, by your definition....xrolleyesx

Upset? I enjoy going to NDSU wrestling matches and will continue to do so. And will enjoy watching them become a top 10 team.

344Johnson
July 5th, 2015, 05:19 PM
Nobody said that they were upset we haven't won a D1 national wrestling title. Just that, unlike UND, NDSU isn't a one trick pony. Mens basketball, wrestling, track, and football have all performed well. Historically womens basketball has done well though not of late.

UND reaps the reward of only caring about hockey.

And you kinda skipped my comment about the wrestling conference merger. So the big 12 wanted the conference but not the conference champion NDSU??

I don't think it made a difference that NDSU was in the conference. They lost automatic qualifier status as a conference. They needed more teams. If it was about NDSU they would have invited NDSU and maybe SDSU or something.

It'll be fun to see the real Big 12 schools on campus.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
July 5th, 2015, 05:26 PM
No real need to respond except to say read Bison Fan in NW MN (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/member.php?7756-Bison-Fan-in-NW-MN) above ^^^^ xcoffeex

344Johnson
July 5th, 2015, 05:33 PM
Beat? In antiquity? LOL

Now you are changing the narrative to being a "powerhouse". Epic fail on your part. I have said they can and do compete with the "big boys" and you try to further your argument with a different narrative now.

Let me explain this to you:

Since you are fixated now on Notre Dame, I'll play along.

Notre Dame and Ohio State don't play often. 3 times in the last 20 years. And 5 overall. Ohio State won those 3 games. Awww shucks.

Florida State and Notre Dame have played 8 times. Florida State is 6-2 against the Irish with Notre Dame's recent win in the 2000's(earlier I claimed a bowl victory, got it confused with a game against Miami).

Alabama and Notre Dame have played 7 times, and only once since 1987. Alabama won the recent game and that one was a buttwhooping.

Notre Dame and Oregon played once. In 1976, the Irish win 41-0. None of these opponents have a particularly large sample size.

Big dogs, powerhouses, same f'ing thing. Teams capable of winning national titles. NDSU can't beat them in wrestling. That's okay. We still will put some guys out on the mat who can beat their guys.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 5th, 2015, 05:35 PM
Since you are fixated now on Notre Dame, I'll play along.

Notre Dame and Ohio State don't play often. 3 times in the last 20 years. And 5 overall. Ohio State won those 3 games. Awww shucks.

Florida State and Notre Dame have played 8 times. Florida State is 6-2 against the Irish with Notre Dame's recent win in the 2000's(earlier I claimed a bowl victory, got it confused with a game against Miami).

Alabama and Notre Dame have played 7 times, and only once since 1987. Alabama won the recent game and that one was a buttwhooping.

Notre Dame and Oregon played once. In 1976, the Irish win 41-0. None of these opponents have a particularly large sample size.

Big dogs, powerhouses, same f'ing thing. Teams capable of winning national titles. NDSU can't beat them in wrestling. That's okay. We still will put some guys out on the mat who can beat their guys.

Epic fail.

Keep going, this is entertaining.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 5th, 2015, 05:37 PM
Hey, 344: You have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to NDSU wrestling and their Big 12 entry.

Read the 2nd part of post #148

344Johnson
July 5th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Hey, 344: You have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to NDSU wrestling and their Big 12 entry.

Read the 2nd part of post #148

I read it. I don't recall saying NDSU isn't good either. Are they going to start beating the top teams? No. I hope they do, and when it happens I'll be happy to admit I was wrong.

They'll likely continue to get beat convincingly by schools like Minnesota, Iowa, etc because when push comes to shove, those schools will have better wrestlers in their lineup.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 5th, 2015, 09:25 PM
I read it. I don't recall saying NDSU isn't good either. Are they going to start beating the top teams? No. I hope they do, and when it happens I'll be happy to admit I was wrong.

They'll likely continue to get beat convincingly by schools like Minnesota, Iowa, etc because when push comes to shove, those schools will have better wrestlers in their lineup.

National Duals vs the Gophers the Bison lost 26-9 with 3 wins in the 10 weight classes....hardly a convincing defeat. A convincing defeat is when everyone gets stuck or majored.

Can the Bison beat the upper level teams? Eventually I think they can once in a while. The traditional wrestling powers will always get the 'blue chip" guys but other guys develop at different rates and that is a great thing in college wrestling.

Small school guys are always going to be at the top.

Bisonator
July 5th, 2015, 09:55 PM
Jfc what does this have to do with the Bison/Griz game? Do you guys think other FCS fans want to listen to you argue about wrestling?

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 5th, 2015, 10:00 PM
Jfc what does this have to do with the Bison/Griz game? Do you guys think other FCS fans want to listen to you argue about wrestling?

Big deal. It is how the conversation evolved.

344Johnson
July 5th, 2015, 10:04 PM
National Duals vs the Gophers the Bison lost 26-9 with 3 wins in the 10 weight classes....hardly a convincing defeat. A convincing defeat is when everyone gets stuck or majored.

Can the Bison beat the upper level teams? Eventually I think they can once in a while. The traditional wrestling powers will always get the 'blue chip" guys but other guys develop at different rates and that is a great thing in college wrestling.

Small school guys are always going to be at the top.

Okay. I honestly don't think we are that far apart in view points. It's more a difference in what we would consider different levels of success.

See, to me, a convincing defeat would mean one team makes it very clear they are better. Everyone getting pinned or majored would be an embarrassment.

Regardless, I don't see NDSU getting into that echelon but you do and that's fine. If they do I will be very happy. If I could choose which sport NDSU did amazing at it would be wrestling. If we ever could keep our best kids in state we'd have a pretty damn good team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 6th, 2015, 05:34 AM
Okay. I honestly don't think we are that far apart in view points. It's more a difference in what we would consider different levels of success.

See, to me, a convincing defeat would mean one team makes it very clear they are better. Everyone getting pinned or majored would be an embarrassment.

Regardless, I don't see NDSU getting into that echelon but you do and that's fine. If they do I will be very happy. If I could choose which sport NDSU did amazing at it would be wrestling. If we ever could keep our best kids in state we'd have a pretty damn good team.

Fair enough.

Grizalltheway
July 6th, 2015, 09:15 AM
The offense might be better, but the defense is getting a complete rebuild so we'll have to wait an see if the team is as good as last year (much less than 2013 team.)

Getting things back on track, it should be interesting to see your new look D against Stitt's new offense, which is about as different as you can get from the one that played in Fargo last year.

Grizalltheway
July 6th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Big deal. It is how the conversation evolved.

I normally don't care that much about threads drifting off topic, but you two do really need to get a room.xcoffeex

dewey
July 6th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Getting things back on track, it should be interesting to see your new look D against Stitt's new offense, which is about as different as you can get from the one that played in Fargo last year.

Agreed. The new OLB's and safeties for NDSU will surely be tested against a new offense. I am very interested how Montana does defensively against what appears to be a very potent NDSU offense this year with a quarterback that will be significantly more experienced then the Grizzlies saw last year.

54 days to go!

Dewey

NDSUSR
July 6th, 2015, 12:31 PM
Since its derailed anyway.
Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/132682007

Bisonator
July 6th, 2015, 08:37 PM

Question is how well will the team have the new offense down for that first game? I'm looking forward to seeing which team can get there "new" pieces working in sync first. I think our offense is going to score plenty though. ;)

Grizalltheway
July 6th, 2015, 08:46 PM
Question is how well will the team have the new offense down for that first game? I'm looking forward to seeing which team can get there "new" pieces working in sync first. I think our offense is going to score plenty though. ;)
Could be. Despite losing Wags ad Takai, our defense should still be very stout, especially LBs and secondary.

Bisonator
July 6th, 2015, 09:00 PM
Could be. Despite losing Wags ad Takai, our defense should still be very stout, especially LBs and secondary.

I know NDSU had to settle for 5 FG's last year and the Griz certainly had something to do with that but I didn't see your defense as being "stout" most of the game. It seemed like we moved the ball up and down the field between the 20's at will. Our 3 RB's averaged 5+ yards a pop. I expect our Offense to be even better then last year's.

Professor Chaos
July 6th, 2015, 09:27 PM
I was impressed as hell with one of your safeties last year. Hermanson was his name maybe (or somethingelse-son). That guy could hit like a ton of bricks but did it with solid form tackling. Is he back?

mvemjsunpx
July 7th, 2015, 12:56 AM
I know NDSU had to settle for 5 FG's last year and the Griz certainly had something to do with that but I didn't see your defense as being "stout" most of the game. It seemed like we moved the ball up and down the field between the 20's at will. Our 3 RB's averaged 5+ yards a pop. I expect our Offense to be even better then last year's.

The Griz only being able to run 48 offensive plays was definitely a factor there. I really doubt the #-of-plays disparity will be anything like it was last year.

Grizalltheway
July 7th, 2015, 10:29 AM
I was impressed as hell with one of your safeties last year. Hermanson was his name maybe (or somethingelse-son). That guy could hit like a ton of bricks but did it with solid form tackling. Is he back?

Graduated, unfortunately.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 7th, 2015, 11:41 AM
The Griz only being able to run 48 offensive plays was definitely a factor there. I really doubt the #-of-plays disparity will be anything like it was last year.

This has been my contention all along. OUr D was much better than shown last year it's just that they did not have an offense that they could count on for some support in their times of need. Our offense (if better, even a little better) will make our defense seems many strides better this year and hopefully puts up points at a good clip as well.

I don't know at all what to expect though cuz sometimes we come out in the first game looking like we are already at mid-season form and sometimes it looks we could have used another couple weeks practice. It's early though so I have to think we will be quite a bit better under Stitt cuz hope won't allow me another thought.

Grizalltheway
July 7th, 2015, 11:51 AM
This has been my contention all along. OUr D was much better than shown last year it's just that they did not have an offense that they could count on for some support in their times of need. Our offense (if better, even a little better) will make our defense seems many strides better this year and hopefully puts up points at a good clip as well.

I don't know at all what to expect though cuz sometimes we come out in the first game looking like we are already at mid-season form and sometimes it looks we could have used another couple weeks practice. It's early though so I have to think we will be quite a bit better under Stitt cuz hope won't allow me another thought.

Bingo, and I think that's part of what makes NDSU's defense so dominant. When you have an offense like theirs that can just grind down and control the clock, it gives them a lot more time to rest than most defenses. Not to say they aren't talented, but that's a huge advantage and they use it well.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 7th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Bingo, and I think that's part of what makes NDSU's defense so dominant. When you have an offense like theirs that can just grind down and control the clock, it gives them a lot more time to rest than most defenses. Not to say they aren't talented, but that's a huge advantage and they use it well.

Yeah, I don't think we've done that since 07-08-09. Would be nice to see a bit of that again.

Talented is what we all seem to have. Talented and tired ain't as good as talented, rested, & refreshed.

Professor Chaos
July 7th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Yeah, that's one thing I think goes unnoticed by most football fans who view NDSU's success from afar. They see the number of points given up and yards allowed near the top of the nation every year and see the number of points scored and yards gained that's above average but nowhere near the national leaders and think that NDSU is carried by their defense and that the offense is just along the ride. The truth is the defense's best friend has been a ball control offense that consistently is at or near the top of the national rankings in time of possession. It's tough to score when you have the ball 10 minutes less on average than the opponent does, especially against a good defense.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 7th, 2015, 06:14 PM
Having a dominant ground game that eats up clock is definitely a benefit for the defense.

Plus the coaches have recruited great players to fit their defensive philosophy in regards to the Tampa-2.

centennial
July 7th, 2015, 08:45 PM
This game could go two ways- Griz keep up with the Bison(new defense not doing well).
New offense for the Griz, the game is over before they settle down and start moving the ball.

mvemjsunpx
July 8th, 2015, 08:09 AM

Well, the Griz get back some key players they should've had last year & didn't. That's also something to be hopeful about. They also won't be breaking in 5 new starting O-Linemen this year.

Professor Chaos
July 8th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Well, the Griz get back some key players they should've had last year & didn't. That's also something to be hopeful about. They also won't be breaking in 5 new starting O-Linemen this year.
You should see an improved NDSU O-line from last year too. Last year NDSU had 4 new OL starters and the lone returner was moving from RT to LT. They're all back but one this year and the last starting OL spot will hopefully be occupied by a 2013 starter who sat out all last year due to injury (although he was still banged up for spring ball so hopefully he can kick his injury bug).

Just for reference that revamped 2014 O-line paved the way for 280 rushing yards against the Griz D last year. ;)

ursus arctos horribilis
July 8th, 2015, 10:52 AM
It's nice to see a decent discussion going on fella's. We had a bit of a problem a few pages back but it's recovered quite nicely. Good work.

GetEmGriz
July 8th, 2015, 02:23 PM
I really see this game being a low-scoring one, similar to the score in Fargo last year. Montana's defense should be just as good if not better than last year's defense. Montana's defense will have its hands full with the Bison offense, but then Montana does have a good situation with getting to go up against a relatively young defense. It'll probably take a few quarters for both teams to figure each other out, and the winning touchdown will be decided sometime in the 4th quarter.

BisonTru
July 8th, 2015, 07:58 PM
I really see this game being a low-scoring one, similar to the score in Fargo last year. Montana's defense should be just as good if not better than last year's defense. Montana's defense will have its hands full with the Bison offense, but then Montana does have a good situation with getting to go up against a relatively young defense. It'll probably take a few quarters for both teams to figure each other out, and the winning touchdown will be decided sometime in the 4th quarter.

I don't see the Griz holding the Bison under last years total. Our offense was clicking pretty well by the end of the year/playoffs. The Griz defense may be a bit better than last year and playing in Missoula won't do our offense any favors. However with very few offense players lost from last year I expect a few more TDs this year. Also Stitts quick spread offense and willingness to go for it on 4th could put their defense back on the field with little rest and possibly a short field.

The Griz offense vs. the Bison defense is the more unknown matchup. I'd expect mistakes from both sides of the ball. The Griz are installing a whole new offense and the Bison will have some inexperienced OLBs and safeties. Could be some big plays from either side.

My take: If Stitt can get his offense rolling early and often this could be a close exciting game. If not, I see the Bison walking away with a double digit victory.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 8th, 2015, 08:27 PM
I don't see the Griz holding the Bison under last years total. Our offense was clicking pretty well by the end of the year/playoffs. The Griz defense may be a bit better than last year and playing in Missoula won't do our offense any favors. However with very few offense players lost from last year I expect a few more TDs this year. Also Stitts quick spread offense and willingness to go for it on 4th could put their defense back on the field with little rest and possibly a short field.

The Griz offense vs. the Bison defense is the more unknown matchup. I'd expect mistakes from both sides of the ball. The Griz are installing a whole new offense and the Bison will have some inexperienced OLBs and safeties. Could be some big plays from either side.

My take: If Stitt can get his offense rolling early and often this could be a close exciting game. If not, I see the Bison walking away with a double digit victory.

I agree with the last sentence. Offenses are not going to be running efficiently the first game of the year, especially a newly implemented one.

mvemjsunpx
July 8th, 2015, 11:05 PM

I don't see it being low scoring at all. The Griz are gonna try to run 100 offensive plays. We don't know exactly how efficient this new Montana O will be right away, but more plays=more total points. Also, on paper, NDSU looks to be more of an offensive team this year.

5dimes has the over/under at 46 right now. People should be betting the farm on the "over" with that number.

nevadagriz
July 9th, 2015, 12:23 PM
A new fast paced offense against ndsu scares the hell out of me. If you go three and out the first 3 drives or dont hold the ball for atleast a few minutes ndsu will be up by two scores and the defense will be gassed by mid of second qtr.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 9th, 2015, 12:38 PM
A new fast paced offense against ndsu scares the hell out of me. If you go three and out the first 3 drives or dont hold the ball for atleast a few minutes ndsu will be up by two scores and the defense will be gassed by mid of second qtr.

Some interesting things about Stitt's offense in the past couple years. Even though it is a fast paced offense it averaged about 150 ypg rushing. It also had a TOP over opponents to the tune of 32-28 so that is something you wouldn't expect with an offense like this.

3rd down conversions are not great at about 40% but 4th down conversitons are at nearly 70% and since he goes for it a lot I guess we can hope it will help us hold the ball a little more.

It's gonna be problematic against NDSU for sure. They are f'n well coached and defensively they stay where they ought to be in an uncanny fashion but this offense is not what you think it is either in the fast paced variety. This game will be good for both of these teams either way it turns out cuz it probably exposes where some work needs to be done cuz any weakness will be expoloited promptly.

BTW, I'm not implying that the Griz will have a TOP advantage over NDSU so don't jump ahead there.

nevadagriz
July 9th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Thanks ursus i have watched some video of his offense however can't get a feel for tempo or play selection. I hope to see some extended drives early.

Bisonator
July 9th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Some interesting things about Stitt's offense in the past couple years. Even though it is a fast paced offense it averaged about 150 ypg rushing. It also had a TOP over opponents to the tune of 32-28 so that is something you wouldn't expect with an offense like this.

3rd down conversions are not great at about 40% but 4th down conversitons are at nearly 70% and since he goes for it a lot I guess we can hope it will help us hold the ball a little more.

It's gonna be problematic against NDSU for sure. They are f'n well coached and defensively they stay where they ought to be in an uncanny fashion but this offense is not what you think it is either in the fast paced variety. This game will be good for both of these teams either way it turns out cuz it probably exposes where some work needs to be done cuz any weakness will be expoloited promptly.

BTW, I'm not implying that the Griz will have a TOP advantage over NDSU so don't jump ahead there.

How does Stitt's offense compare to an EWU's or ISUr's??

NDSUSR
July 9th, 2015, 02:09 PM
Fast paced Montana offense will only hurt Montana. 3 and out in 1 minute, then leave the defense on the field for 10 minutes every series.
You guys never learn. :)

ursus arctos horribilis
July 9th, 2015, 02:23 PM
How does Stitt's offense compare to an EWU's or ISUr's??

Well, as far as production it seems similar number wise. EWU has way better rushing #'s than you would think as well but I think Stitt goes about it a little differently in that his teams have appeared to do a better job at splitting time but ISUr definitely does that as well for the most part I think.

But, this is only looking at the numbers he's done in the past so no idea on what will actually happen this year.

AmsterBison
July 9th, 2015, 02:37 PM
Fast paced Montana offense will only hurt Montana. 3 and out in 1 minute, then leave the defense on the field for 10 minutes every series.

Well, Stitt is more of a four-and-out guy.

344Johnson
July 10th, 2015, 08:26 AM

Fast paced offense only hurts if they are not moving the ball well. No huddle can be really great if you catch the defense with the wrong personnel out there.

caribbeanhen
July 10th, 2015, 09:06 AM

so says the guy in the middle of an argument, nice one smuggles

NDSUSR
July 10th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Fast paced offense only hurts if they are not moving the ball well. No huddle can be really great if you catch the defense with the wrong personnel out there.

And you really foresee this happening?

344Johnson
July 10th, 2015, 01:52 PM
And you really foresee this happening?

Uh ya? Happens in the NFL.. Happens to Nick Saban... Happens to everyone.

Wouldn't rule it out especially early in the season

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 10th, 2015, 05:15 PM
so says the guy in the middle of an argument, nice one smuggles

As always, troll.

caribbeanhen
July 11th, 2015, 10:46 PM
As always, troll.

I'am actually concerned about you............... Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 12th, 2015, 12:51 AM
I'am actually concerned about you............... Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

Again...troll.

Bisonoline
July 12th, 2015, 01:00 AM

So you are saying there is hope for you? Hmmmm but of course thats just your opinion .xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
July 12th, 2015, 09:11 AM
So you are saying there is hope for you? Hmmmm but of course thats just your opinion .xthumbsupx

there is always hope it springs eternal

I-AA Fan
July 12th, 2015, 09:53 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20956&stc=1

It may have been a while, but you are not the only team with 4 of those things ...and who needs a king when you have an emperor (penguin that is) ;). YSU ...One for the Thumb tour starts in September.

Bisonator
July 12th, 2015, 10:19 PM

It may have been a while, but you are not the only team with 4 of those things ...and who needs a king when you have an emperor (penguin that is) ;). YSU ...One for the Thumb tour starts in September.

Has Bo had a blow up yet? Oh and how's his cat doing??:D

BisonFan02
July 12th, 2015, 10:25 PM

Sweater vests and cars

dewey
July 12th, 2015, 10:35 PM

Nice looking picture and post but NDSU has 12 National Championships not 4:-) How come it took so many years to get those 4, lol!

Dewey

NoDak 4 Ever
July 12th, 2015, 10:38 PM
Nice looking picture and post but NDSU has 12 National Championships not 4:-) How come it took so many years to get those 4, lol!

Dewey

They didn't have enough money to pay the players in the other years.

I-AA Fan
July 13th, 2015, 06:39 AM

Not sure but ticket sales are doing pretty well

BisonFan02
July 14th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Call me crazy, but it is starting to look like my pops and I might make the drive out to Missoula for the game...ticketless. xlolx

Grizalltheway
July 14th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Call me crazy, but it is starting to look like my pops and I might make the drive out to Missoula for the game...ticketless. xlolx

You won't regret it. Hit Yellowstone and Glacier while you're out here.xthumbsupx

I-AA Fan
July 14th, 2015, 04:25 PM

Dewey

Maybe YSU simply wanted to dominate an entire decade, but still allow others some recognition. Perhaps you want them to give back the '92 and '99 national finalist trophies?

ursus arctos horribilis
July 14th, 2015, 05:23 PM

Don't think it's crazy at all. Where there is a will there is a way and I've been in this position before and we get it done so don't think this will be different.

BisonFan02
July 14th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Don't think it's crazy at all. Where there is a will there is a way and I've been in this position before and we get it done so don't think this will be different.

I ain't skeered. :D

Grizalltheway
July 20th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Looks like the remaining tickets for this puppy sold out in a few minutes. I managed to snag a couple online. xrotatehx xthumbsupx

IBleedYellow
July 20th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Looks like the remaining tickets for this puppy sold out in a few minutes. I managed to snag a couple online. xrotatehx xthumbsupx

My Dad and I got two tickets! URSUS, BE READY TO TAILGATE MY FRIEND!!! :D

NoDak 4 Ever
July 20th, 2015, 10:11 AM

I was on hold for almost 8 minutes before it connected. I thought I was screwed but managed to get 4

- - - Updated - - -

My Dad and I got two tickets! URSUS, BE READY TO TAILGATE MY FRIEND!!! :D

This.

Professor Chaos
July 20th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Was able to grab 4 online right as they opened up this morning as well. Very impressed with the Griz ticket site, was hardly any lag and I'm sure it was getting pounded. Hopefully the upgraded NDSU ticket site is able to hold up just as well in a couple weeks when single game sales start there.

IBleedYellow
July 20th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Was able to grab 4 online right as they opened up this morning as well. Very impressed with the Griz ticket site, was hardly any lag and I'm sure it was getting pounded. Hopefully the upgraded NDSU ticket site is able to hold up just as well in a couple weeks when single game sales start there.

So far the new NDSU website is nothing short of terrible.

putter
July 20th, 2015, 10:40 AM
Did Stitt change the defense at all? I see
NDSU doing what they want offensively again. Hopefully they finish with TD's this year. Given its the first game and we will have a bunch of new starters on defense Montana might score more points but there are lots of unknowns with that matchup. Should be a fun game to watch!

Yes but the difference COULD be if the kids can pick up the new offense. Montana's defense was pretty good last year,but, when you spend that much time on the field you wear down which happened a lot last year

NoDak 4 Ever
July 20th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Singles are available on the website. I repeat, singles are available on the website. Get yourself in the building!

BisonFan02
July 20th, 2015, 02:41 PM
I got my 4 tickets.....good to go.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 20th, 2015, 02:48 PM
I got my 4 tickets.....good to go.

It seems everybody did. Good job Bison Nation!

Professor Chaos
August 3rd, 2015, 03:29 PM
Brent Musburger and Jesse Palmer will be on the call for ESPN.

In other words, the dirty old man and the bachelor. If there are any hot Griz co-eds in the stands you can bet Brent will point them out for Jesse.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 3rd, 2015, 03:39 PM
Brent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hg7CxBdJHk

Personally I think he was hot for Dee Dee.

TheKingpin28
August 3rd, 2015, 03:42 PM
Brent Musburger and Jesse Palmer will be on the call for ESPN.

In other words, the dirty old man and the bachelor. If there are any hot Griz co-eds in the stands you can bet Brent will point them out for Jesse.

QFT

This gave me a good laugh

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 7th, 2015, 08:36 PM
Bump

Let's get some score predictions on here. Game is getting closer! Would love to be at this game but too busy with work.

IMO: Bison win 35-14

Grizalltheway
August 7th, 2015, 09:14 PM
24-21 Good guys.

centennial
August 7th, 2015, 09:56 PM
35-10

dewey
August 7th, 2015, 10:19 PM
I say NDSU 31 Montana 17

Dewey

NoDak 4 Ever
August 7th, 2015, 11:13 PM
Brent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hg7CxBdJHk

Personally I think he was hot for Dee Dee.

She's not a bad looking lady herself.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 17th, 2015, 01:29 PM
Does Montana have a plan B if the smoke is unbearable to play in?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 17th, 2015, 01:34 PM
Does Montana have a plan B if the smoke is unbearable to play in?

It's been way worse than this little inversion and they play the game so not sure whet a plan b would be. This ain't nothing. Can't even taste it yet.

BisonFan02
August 17th, 2015, 01:46 PM
It's been way worse than this little inversion and they play the game so not sure whet a plan b would be. This ain't nothing. Can't even taste it yet.

You guys should build a dome..... :D xlolx

Bisonator
August 17th, 2015, 02:01 PM

Do you think it will effect the TV coverage at all?

Milkman
August 17th, 2015, 02:10 PM
Can't taste the smoke huh? well that's a problem.http://www.fromcalculustocupcakes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/soup-pork-key-lime-124-1024x894.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
August 17th, 2015, 02:30 PM

NO, there will great shots of the smoke. No worries.

RootinFerDukes
August 17th, 2015, 03:04 PM
hell.. it might give them something to talk about other than the FBS playoffs and how great ohio state is as a program.

tomq04
August 17th, 2015, 03:05 PM
Griz hold 20-17

BisonFan02
August 17th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Griz hold 20-17

I'm really not ready to make a prediction one way or the other yet, but the Griz are not going to hold NDSU to only 17 points.

Bisonator
August 17th, 2015, 03:20 PM
NO, there will great shots of the smoke. No worries.

Awesome!:D

ursus arctos horribilis
August 17th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Awesome!:D

Honestly, it's not that bad. About every other day it settles in a bit for a few hours then it's gone. Hopefully things get under control in the next week and we get rid of it all anyway. It would no affect an game viewing and so forth...unless it got much worse.

veinup
August 17th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Griz hold 20-17

i pray for this highly unlikely result.

RootinFerDukes
August 17th, 2015, 04:31 PM
Just set my dvr to record this. I'm a little bummed I won't be able to watch this live due to someone visiting that day.
I noticed college game day and college scoreboard air that day. I'm assuming they're either reruns or will just be talking about the BCS elite instead of the only game in NCAA football that weekend?

Grizalltheway
August 17th, 2015, 04:31 PM
i pray for this highly unlikely result.

Good to have you back, Mr. Sunshine and Rainbows!

Although you were unfortunately right about the EWU games last year.

Grizalltheway
August 17th, 2015, 04:38 PM
I'm really not ready to make a prediction one way or the other yet, but the Griz are not going to hold NDSU to only 17 points.

I certainly wouldn't bet on it, but I honestly think our defense will be better than last year, when they held you to 22 in Fargo.

The biggest key is if the new offense will be able to sustain enough drives to keep the D off the field for a while.

BisonFan02
August 17th, 2015, 04:53 PM
I certainly wouldn't bet on it, but I honestly think our defense will be better than last year, when they held you to 22 in Fargo.

The biggest key is if the new offense will be able to sustain enough drives to keep the D off the field for a while.

Yeah...and the Bison broke their single game record of FGs with 5 of them that game. I wouldn't bank on a repeat of that with this year's Bison O. That said, I have absolutely NO clue how good the Bison D will be, and the Griz could absolutely turn this into a shootout in Missoula.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 17th, 2015, 04:57 PM

This here.

I'll be surprised if they do not have 17 by halftime.

Bison OL will be fun to watch. I think they dominate the Griz defense.

Grizalltheway
August 17th, 2015, 05:15 PM
Yeah...and the Bison broke their single game record of FGs with 5 of them that game. I wouldn't bank on a repeat of that with this year's Bison O. That said, I have absolutely NO clue how good the Bison D will be, and the Griz could absolutely turn this into a shootout in Missoula.

Well I wouldn't mind seeing that at all. Win or lose, I hope it's a fun one to watch and the teams put on a good show for the country.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 17th, 2015, 05:20 PM

From the word I've gotten early I don't know that our O will be in shootout form right off the bat. I do hear they are having trouble some with our D though which looks decent so far. We can not have them on the field for 40 min. is the basics and as I would not bank on our D holding you to FG's all the time I would also not bank on your O having the ball that much either.

For a defense to have been on the field as long as they were last year and do what they were able to do actually impressed me against you guys.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 17th, 2015, 05:21 PM
Well I wouldn't mind seeing that at all. Win or lose, I hope it's a fun one to watch and the teams put on a good show for the country.

I have rarely seen a game that involves either UM or NDSU not be very worthy of a watch. With both, it's gonna be real good to watch I think.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 21st, 2015, 07:30 PM
Line still Bison -15?

NDSUSR
August 21st, 2015, 08:11 PM
North Dakota State
Montana

-15½ -120
+15½ -120
+450
Over 46 -120
Under 46 -120

BisonFan02
August 21st, 2015, 08:18 PM
Line still Bison -15?

0.0% chance I would touch that one....

Drblankstare
August 21st, 2015, 08:22 PM
I came away from last years game, really impressed with what the Grizz D was able to do. They gave up yards and spent a lot of time on the field, but they really showed resolve when they had to have a stop. Their offense did them no favors. I suspect they will have more sucess this time against a less experienced Bison defense.

Gut feeling is that it will be close and entertaining.