PDA

View Full Version : FCS Kickoff: NDSU @ Montana Aug 29th

Pages : 1 2 [3]

IBleedYellow
September 1st, 2015, 03:25 PM
Did anyone not mention that we had the ball with like 2 minutes left and we ran 2 consecutive pass plays?

Pretty much everyone.

Grizalltheway
September 1st, 2015, 03:29 PM
BTW, where's that NoDak5Evr guy?

ursus arctos horribilis
September 1st, 2015, 03:38 PM
Someone uploaded it to youtube

pm

centennial
September 1st, 2015, 08:32 PM
The coaches will learn BUT running the clock out are the basics. I would expect a high school coach not to **** it up.

I said it plenty of times last year when we had a lot of close calls- the quality of coaching has gone down. Not only that the coaches didn't take Montana seriously enough to actually have some trick plays or non vanilla, a specialty from the Bohl. Nothing to keep Montana from stacking the box. I saw a little too much NIU going on. I can understand- each and every coach on that staff wants to make their mark on the program. Following what Bohl did exactly isn't a recipe for job satisfaction.

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2015, 11:39 AM
BTW, where's that NoDak5Evr guy?

I wouldn't hole your breath.....

From Nodak on Bisonville

I'm taking a long break from the fighting, I didn't say anything outwardly arrogant or cocky. I spent the entire game surrounded by drunk assholes. It was miserable. I never made a score prediction nor did I say much more than I figured we would probably be able to quiet the crowd pretty quickly so I don't have much crow at all to eat.

My last week there was just BS on top of BS so don't hold your breath for me to get back into that anytime soon.

Don't worry....I'm sure he'll be back the second NDSU starts winning again with his good ol snark

BisonBacker
September 2nd, 2015, 11:53 AM

From Nodak on Bisonville

Don't worry....I'm sure he'll be back the second NDSU starts winning again with his good ol snark

He won't be able to stay away from the political board that long xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2015, 11:56 AM

From Nodak on Bisonville

That's pretty weird cuz the last week on here was no different than anything prior. He did only say that one thing but everyone knows what he's been like for years and what was coming and maybe we should have just let it go cuz he does have crow to eat over that one alone but it would have been worse for sure. Hell I thought it was a little off that he didn't show up for one thing we were doing so he must have not been comfortable with things which is really just too bad. I did not and still don't harbor any ill feelings to the guy.

344Johnson
September 2nd, 2015, 12:19 PM
That's pretty weird cuz the last week on here was no different than anything prior. He did only say that one thing but everyone knows what he's been like for years and what was coming and maybe we should have just let it go cuz he does have crow to eat over that one alone but it would have been worse for sure. Hell I thought it was a little off that he didn't show up for one thing we were doing so he must have not been comfortable with things which is really just too bad. I did not and still don't harbor any ill feelings to the guy.

fact. I'll go ahead and just assume had NDSU stopped Montana on the goal line that he'd be here right now.

Grizalltheway
September 2nd, 2015, 12:26 PM

From Nodak on Bisonville

I won't deny the drunk part, but that's the only negative comment I've heard from either side regarding the opposing fans, before, during, or after the game. xconfusedx

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2015, 12:40 PM
I won't deny the drunk part, but that's the only negative comment I've heard from either side regarding the opposing fans, before, during, or after the game. xconfusedx

Yeah, none of the people that did show for stuff seemed to feel they were disrespected or had a bad time at the game so it does seem a glass is 1/2 full type mentality or at least sour grapes. Odd he expects a higher caliber of respect than he gives though if this is what he is trying to portray? Christ I texted and called but we just never met up at all but I did make an attempt. As I said, I feel bad that he wanted to disassociate with it all.

Silenoz
September 2nd, 2015, 12:52 PM
I'm taking a long break from the fighting, I didn't say anything outwardly arrogant or cocky. I spent the entire game surrounded by drunk assholes. It was miserable. I never made a score prediction nor did I say much more than I figured we would probably be able to quiet the crowd pretty quickly so I don't have much crow at all to eat.

My last week there was just BS on top of BS so don't hold your breath for me to get back into that anytime soon.

Hah, as if anyone is buying any of that...

BisonTru
September 2nd, 2015, 01:08 PM

We sat in a section of almost exclusively Griz fans and spent most of the evening at Stockmans packed full of Griz fans. And the fans were great! There's no fan base Id like to meet up with in Frisco more than the Griz.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2015, 02:04 PM
We sat in a section of almost exclusively Griz fans and spent most of the evening at Stockmans packed full of Griz fans. And the fans were great! There's no fan base Id like to meet up with in Frisco more than the Griz.

Man it kinda sucks that a lot of members from here were at the game and we didn't get to grab a beer. I also missed Professor Chaos and unless I met him and he just didn't say it was him then it kinda sucks. I'd have liked to talk to some of you fellers for sure.

Did get to meet bootfitter and his wife and kids and the dude is a pleasure to be around. Also got to hang with all the cohorts from last year that took care of us like family when we were in Fargo. Bisonoline even went to the trouble of bringing me some damn fine meat products and Cajun supplies. Glad I got to see my old friends, wish I had collected a few more of you though.

BisonTru
September 2nd, 2015, 02:27 PM
Man it kinda sucks that a lot of members from here were at the game and we didn't get to grab a beer. I also missed Professor Chaos and unless I met him and he just didn't say it was him then it kinda sucks. I'd have liked to talk to some of you fellers for sure.

Did get to meet bootfitter and his wife and kids and the dude is a pleasure to be around. Also got to hang with all the cohorts from last year that took care of us like family when we were in Fargo. Bisonoline even went to the trouble of bringing me some damn fine meat products and Cajun supplies. Glad I got to see my old friends, wish I had collected a few more of you though.

I wanted to wander a bit through the Griz tailgating, but we just ran outta time.

I did randomly stumble upon Citdog at Stockmans. He happened to be hanging out with a buddy of mine.

Professor Chaos
September 2nd, 2015, 02:35 PM

Yeah, we walked around the Griz lots by the stadium but didn't catch up with you all (at least I didn't think we went by your space based on the map you put up). We hit up the big Bison setup north of the stadium where the media guys did their pregame show and then went to the bball arena and took a walk through the Griz hall of fame (or whatever it's called) there. We were downtown both Friday and Saturday night and talked to a ton of Griz fans but AGS didn't come up so we may have crossed paths and didn't know it, haha.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 2nd, 2015, 02:40 PM
Griz going to have a letdown for the Poly game?

Silenoz
September 2nd, 2015, 02:42 PM
They beat us last year so I doubt it

Grizalltheway
September 2nd, 2015, 02:43 PM

Doubt it, but I do expect it to be a another hard-fought W if we get it. Looks like it's going to be a soaker, so it'll be interesting to see which offense it affects more.

Daytripper
September 2nd, 2015, 02:44 PM

It will be tough to maintain the focus and intensity they had for the Bison. I see a let down.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2015, 02:45 PM

I don't think so. I think Poly can take us without any sort of let down if they play to their potential and execute as well they do at times. They are as good as any top 10 team on any given if they put it together.

Then again, depending on the defense we run and how close to potential we run they could get stomped as likely as they could lay a stomping.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 2nd, 2015, 02:49 PM
Doubt it, but I do expect it to be a another hard-fought W if we get it. Looks like it's going to be a soaker, so it'll be interesting to see which offense it affects more.

Rain might affect the passing game, especially the timing.

Poly is hoping for rain I'm sure.

Professor Chaos
September 2nd, 2015, 02:50 PM

They beat us last year so I doubt it

I don't think so. I think Poly can take us without any sort of let down if they play to their potential and execute as well they do at times. They are as good as any top 10 team on any given if they put it together.

Then again, depending on the defense we run and how close to potential we run they could get stomped as likely as they could lay a stomping.
You guys know more about your team than me but the vibe I got from the celebrations both in the stands and on the field last Saturday is that win meant of a hell of lot to everyone involved in the program (as it should considering the hurdles it's had to overcome in the last few years). I don't see how it's possible not to have a slight let down after that. I don't think it means the Griz will come out and lay and egg but I can't imagine they'd have the same intensity this week as they did last week.

dewey
September 2nd, 2015, 03:16 PM
Here is a link to a letter from the NDSU president to the Missoulian.

http://missoulian.com/news/opinion/mailbag/griz-football-missoula-welcoming-to-nd-visitors/article_19601eac-30c9-584e-8f75-be21a65a54fd.html

It would be nice to have each other on the schedule more often.

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2015, 03:37 PM
You guys know more about your team than me but the vibe I got from the celebrations both in the stands and on the field last Saturday is that win meant of a hell of lot to everyone involved in the program (as it should considering the hurdles it's had to overcome in the last few years). I don't see how it's possible not to have a slight let down after that. I don't think it means the Griz will come out and lay and egg but I can't imagine they'd have the same intensity this week as they did last week.

Well, maybe we judge let down differently? That win did mean a lot. The intensity will be very, very high this week in that stadium for this game. I would rate the NDSU game a little behind a Bobcat game but near a playoff level type game and we will have that for Cal Poly and EWU as well so when you get to that sort of area it's hard for me to say it's a let down. That LB corp and D Line want to prove something from last year I'd think so I just don't think they will let down but as I said we don't have to for Cal Poly to get us.

ursus arctos horribilis
September 2nd, 2015, 03:41 PM

http://missoulian.com/news/opinion/mailbag/griz-football-missoula-welcoming-to-nd-visitors/article_19601eac-30c9-584e-8f75-be21a65a54fd.html

Dewey

Ah man, that is a damn nice letter from him. Something he mentioned that we haven't even talked about was how cleanly and respectfully this game was played between the teams.

Silenoz
September 2nd, 2015, 04:20 PM
Well we haven't had a whole lot to be excited about for awhile

I can also tell you that, even though a lot of people are down on NDSU, especially their defense, that was still one mean, tough team that we played. We're not going to be seeing much if any of that in the Big Sky. So even if we don't have 100% intensity this week, I don't think it's needed at nearly the same level to play with Cal Poly.

No disrespect to them or anything, they're a good team. But they're obviously not NDSU.

There's also precedent here. We have similar intensity against MSU (a big reason why we routinely destroy them), which is virtually always followed up with destroying our first playoff opponent.

Grizalltheway
September 2nd, 2015, 04:43 PM
Well we haven't had a whole lot to be excited about for awhile

I can also tell you that, even though a lot of people are down on NDSU, especially their defense, that was still one mean, tough team that we played. We're not going to be seeing much if any of that in the Big Sky. So even if we don't have 100% intensity this week, I don't think it's needed at nearly the same level to play with Cal Poly.

No disrespect to them or anything, they're a good team. But they're obviously not NDSU.

There's also precedent here. We have similar intensity against MSU (a big reason why we routinely destroy them), which is virtually always followed up with destroying our first playoff opponent.

Agreed, and as for the bolded part, I doubt NDSU will see such a dynamic, athletic offense the rest of they way, and will be back to their old ways on defense, especially once they get CJ Smith back.

Bisonoline
September 2nd, 2015, 04:47 PM
Ah man, that is a damn nice letter from him. Something he mentioned that we haven't even talked about was how cleanly and respectfully this game was played between the teams.

He hit the nail on the head. We went for ice cream after our pizza get together. We got up to the window and we were informed that someone had already paid for our ice cream. All I can say about the weekend is WELL DONE MISSOULA!!!! It was a weekend I will never forget.

Kabooom
September 2nd, 2015, 05:43 PM
Well, maybe we judge let down differently? That win did mean a lot. The intensity will be very, very high this week in that stadium for this game. the NDSU gam I would ratee a little behind a Bobcat game but near a playoff level type game and we will have that for Cal Poly and EWU as well so when you get to that sort of area it's hard for me to say it's a let down. That LB corp and D Line want to prove something from last year I'd think so I just don't think they will let down but as I said we don't have to for Cal Poly to get us.

Understood...

I'm Personally Jaded by witnessing the Silvertips go down in flames against Bison in BOTH Camellia Bowls. Bison had a running back by the last Name of Hatchet or maybe I'm just remembering that he Hatched right through our DL and Secondary...Big dose of running...

Also remember all the Junior College transfers that started on Montana's team who couldn't make the trip because they were ineligible at the time due to NCAA Rules...

Then 2003 was supposed to be redemption ....Right???...HA!

NDSU has the same brute machine today with a 2015 tag on it, Oversized Rebuilt Plow Engine with a NFL prospect at the wheel...

So yeah last Saturdays Griz win over the Bison probably wasn't the biggest win for the Program, but it was for this Fan.

BisonFan02
September 2nd, 2015, 05:50 PM
Understood...

I'm Personally Jaded by witnessing the Silvertips go down in flames against Bison in BOTH Camellia Bowls. Bison had a running back by the last Name of Hatchet or maybe I'm just remembering that he Hatched right through our DL and Secondary...Big dose of running...

Also remember all the Junior College transfers that started on Montana's team who couldn't make the trip because they were ineligible at the time due to NCAA Rules...

NDSU has the same brute machine today with a 2015 tag on it, Oversized Rebuilt Plow Engine with a NFL prospect at the wheel...

So yeah last Saturdays Griz win over the Bison probably wasn't the biggest win for the Program, but it was for this Fan.

http://www.startribune.com/former-minneapolis-high-school-ndsu-football-star-paul-hatchett-dies/209280391/

Paul Hatchett.....and it is really sad deal all around...but you are right. He's one of the best RBs in NDSU history.

Bisonator
September 2nd, 2015, 05:56 PM
Understood...

Paul Hatchett was one of the Bison's all-time greats. He should have been in the NFL but went down a bad path after he left NDSU. He passed away a couple years ago.

NDSUSR
September 4th, 2015, 09:29 AM
I got $100 that NDSUSR doesn't pay within a month if he loses the bet. Any takers? xlolx

Where you at? I see you lurking. No reply? Welching on a bet?

Mr. C
September 4th, 2015, 09:42 AM

Dewey
What a classy letter. Having lived the Washington-Grizzly Stadium/Missoula experience, I can echo his sentiments.

Mr. C
September 4th, 2015, 09:46 AM
Thought I would pass along a link to the College Sports Journal column on the Montana-North Dakota State game.

http://www.college-sports-journal.com/index.php/ncaa-division-i-sports/fcs-football/843-montana-s-perfect-day-results-in-38-35-upset-of-north-dakota-state

This would easily rank among the top regular-season FCS games that I have seen.

Bisonator
September 9th, 2015, 01:50 PM
Montana's president sent Bison fans a letter too: http://www.inforum.com/letters/3834502-letter-ndsu-bison-football-fans-were-class-act

ursus arctos horribilis
September 9th, 2015, 02:35 PM
Montana's president sent Bison fans a letter too: http://www.inforum.com/letters/3834502-letter-ndsu-bison-football-fans-were-class-act

That's cool, I'm glad he returned the favor and made a statement that many in Missoula would have liked to make to Bison fans.

veinup
September 10th, 2015, 09:47 PM
i hope the presidents exchanged handjobs as well just to put a ribbon on the love fest

ursus arctos horribilis
September 10th, 2015, 09:52 PM
i hope the presidents exchanged handjobs as well just to put a ribbon on the love fest

Well, now I'm getting what veinup stands for. You and friends don't have to take things that far my man. Just try a pat on the back or tip of the cap next time.:)

BisonFan02
September 10th, 2015, 09:56 PM
Well, now I'm getting what veinup stands for. You and friends don't have to take things that far my man. Just try a pat on the back or tip of the cap next time.:)

Just the tip? :D