PDA

View Full Version : Ingle Martin to start in GB?

kardplayer
November 20th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Reports out of Green Bay are that Aaron Rodgers broke his foot and is out for the year.

Now, its not like Brett Favre to miss a game for injury, but if he did, Ingle is the #3 QB...

monmouthhawk
November 20th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Ingle Martin is a very capable qb and he can punt too! He may do okay - never know

DinoDex200
November 20th, 2006, 02:04 PM
I was wondering if they might bring in another QB to backup Favre, and not put that kind of responsibility on a rookie...we'll see, though.

AppGuy04
November 20th, 2006, 02:07 PM
I'd love to see Ingle get his chance, but I think Favre with start just to keep the streak alive

OhioHen
November 20th, 2006, 02:19 PM
ESPN Radio is reporting this afternoon that Favre is "okay" and will play this week.

walliver
November 20th, 2006, 03:54 PM
When Ingle finally gets to play and the announcers will call him a University of Florida quarterback.:D

UNHWildCats
November 20th, 2006, 04:00 PM
I was wondering if they might bring in another QB to backup Favre, and not put that kind of responsibility on a rookie...we'll see, though.

Im sure they will bring in someone this week to slide into the #2 slot on the chart. Unlikely they will throw Martin in there.

bison95
November 20th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Let him play if needed, It's not like the Pack are going to win anyway!!!:( :bawling: :bawling:

I would rather see them lose with Martin than with anybody else:rolleyes:

UNHWildCats
November 20th, 2006, 04:27 PM
at 4-6 its not like there toally out of the playoffs. last year Miami was 3-7 i believe and finished 9-7 just missing the playoffs

Peems
November 20th, 2006, 06:18 PM
just on monday night countdown mort said favre will probably start, and they didnt even mention the name ingle martin.

FUOneTime
November 20th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Article on ESPN says Rodgers definitely out for the year, Favre not practicing but should be OK to start, and Martin is his backup for the time being.

Game is Monday night against the Seahawks, so that gives GB a couple extra days to find someone to bring in to back-up Favre. If they don't (which I think is highly unlikely considering there's no doubt about Rodgers), I fully expect Martin to see SOME playing time which would be freaking suh-wheat.:thumbsup: :hurray:

Coastal89
November 21st, 2006, 11:57 AM
According to a report on Sports Center this morning Favre is out for the season. Martin is slated as the stater as of right now.

bison95
November 21st, 2006, 12:02 PM
According to a report on Sports Center this morning Favre is out for the season. Martin is slated as the stater as of right now.

Stay off the bottle in the morning, it helps! Trust me:nod: :nod: :nod:

Favre is fine, Martin may or may not be #2, today the Pack signed former Viqueen, Aint, and St. Cloud St. QB Todd Bauman.

jwfgeol
November 21st, 2006, 03:20 PM
http://www.packers.com/team/depth_chart/

Packer's depth chart has Bouman 2nd and Martin 3rd.

UMass922
November 21st, 2006, 03:36 PM
http://www.packers.com/team/depth_chart/

Packer's depth chart has Bouman 2nd and Martin 3rd.

This is correct. NFL Live just reported that the Packers signed Bouman to backup Favre, and that Martin will remain the 3rd QB.

citdog
November 21st, 2006, 05:34 PM
I hate Dingleberry Martin and he still sucks! Don't make me revive the thread!

Mr. C
November 21st, 2006, 10:13 PM
Really kind of an inappropriate place to put that, Citdog. Like him, or not (and I had a chance to get to know him well enough to know he is a really good guy), how many players have the chance to make an NFL roster? And most of us around the SoCon root for players from the SoCon family when they move on to the CFL, NFL or whatever. I know he played for Furman, but he's not wearing purple anymore. It's safe to like him.

:D :rotateh: xlolx :cool: :nod: :nod: :D

NoDak 4 Ever
November 21st, 2006, 10:19 PM
Word is Green Bay signed Todd Bouman out of Division II St. Cloud State University. They passed on the CS guy. Guess Bouman does have NFL experience so that counts for something. Go Huskies!

SCSU = 1 of the 4 schools I went to.

VT Wildcat Fan53
November 22nd, 2006, 12:32 PM
What is the latest word on UNH's David Ball? He has played hurt all year so he hasn't shown the dominance he displayed as a jr.

OL FU
November 22nd, 2006, 01:09 PM
Really kind of an inappropriate place to put that, Citdog. Like him, or not (and I had a chance to get to know him well enough to know he is a really good guy), how many players have the chance to make an NFL roster? And most of us around the SoCon root for players from the SoCon family when they move on to the CFL, NFL or whatever. I know he played for Furman, but he's not wearing purple anymore. It's safe to like him.

:D :rotateh: xlolx :cool: :nod: :nod: :D

Citdog is trying to make the "I am the most obnoxious homer list"
I say let's not give him the pleasure.

OL FU
November 22nd, 2006, 01:10 PM
What is the latest word on UNH's David Ball? He has played hurt all year so he hasn't shown the dominance he displayed as a jr.

Since he is not Ingle MArtin or a Green Bay Packer, you might want to ask that on a different thread. :eyebrow: :nod:

citdog
November 22nd, 2006, 02:17 PM
One more comment like that Fu and i'll be forced to revive my famous thread about dingleberry.

OL FU
November 22nd, 2006, 02:18 PM
One more comment like that Fu and i'll be forced to revive my famous thread about dingleberry.

You have to put in the I-AA's in the pros forum:thumbsup:

The Dude
December 3rd, 2006, 11:51 AM
Looks like Ingle may be punting today because the starting punter may miss the game due to a death in the family. I don't get that game here, but someone who does should let us know if Martin punts.

Should Ryan not be on hand Sunday, third-string quarterback Ingle Martin will assume the punting responsibilities. Martin punted 89 times at Furman, averaging 37.7 yards with 33 punts inside the 20-yard line.

"I'll be honest, I've been impressed with Ingle Martin," McCarthy said. "I didn't realize he was that good of a punter. Doing it in a game is a different story. We're all aware of that. He definitely has some natural punting talent and ability."

http://www.packers.com/news/stories/2006/12/01/2/

kardplayer
December 3rd, 2006, 06:47 PM
He didn't punt. The regular guy made it to the game - punted twice.

Eyes of Old Main
December 16th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I'd really like to see him get his chance, but I think it'd be best for him to be a backup for several years so he can ease into things a la Phillip Rivers.

He'll need to be as good as Rivers to live up to all the "second coming of Peyton Manning" stuff.

Smendy
December 20th, 2006, 04:56 PM
The only way Ingle gets a shot to start is if Brett Farve tears an ACL in the teams' 15th game....Brett wouldn't come out any games in garbage time to give Rodgers some snaps in 2005's lost season and Aaron was a 1st rounder...

He definitely won't come out for Martin. Plus, amazingly, the Packers are still in the playoff hunt, I think barely.

furpal87
January 1st, 2007, 04:24 PM
Hey , at least he got to kneel down at the end of the game last night, relieving Favre.