PDA

View Full Version : Marshaun Coprich suspended

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 22nd, 2015, 07:39 PM
He has to be suspended for a game or two, if not what kind of message are you sending to your team?

This here for sure.

He deserves a 2nd chance but some punishment needs to be given.

OSBF
May 22nd, 2015, 09:05 PM
Had a chance to listen to the sports talk call in show on local radio this evening. Even the host was not suggesting any sort of suspension given that it was a non=violent crime. And then he goes on........."what are you gonna do, suspend him for Iowa?"

Whole town has gone bat****.

BisonFan02
May 22nd, 2015, 10:13 PM
Had a chance to listen to the sports talk call in show on local radio this evening. Even the host was not suggesting any sort of suspension given that it was a non=violent crime. And then he goes on........."what are you gonna do, suspend him for Iowa?"

Whole town has gone bat****.

At least he didn't hop up on a table and yell "FHRITP" like Jameis Winston did...that's worth a half game suspension I guess. Stealing crab legs cost him some time during baseball season as well. Oh the humanity!

NDSUSR
May 22nd, 2015, 11:35 PM
ISUr will will take your FBS 2 strike transfers and your convicted felons. Nice precident.
Spack is a chump. Its embarassing and the NCAA should step in. How embarassing.

OSBF
May 23rd, 2015, 06:23 AM
ISUr will will take your FBS 2 strike transfers and your convicted felons. Nice precident.

THIS right here.

I've been saying EXACTLY this for the last 4 years or so.

This is embarrassing for ISU and the MVFC.

OSBF
May 23rd, 2015, 08:25 AM
Look at the back of the t-shirt I pulled out to put on this morning

What a Joke

Didn't know if I'm supposed to laugh or cry

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20743&stc=1

Gordon Shumway
May 23rd, 2015, 09:36 AM
The timing of it seems very odd. Within a very short time of him admitting he did it the coach goes "Yup, good enough...no suspension anymore". At the very least the timing is off/bad, is it not?

At the very least it would seem to beg the question of what would have happened if he plead not guilty. Would that have been the trigger to get him suspended? I know that sounds kind of silly, but if it weren't the case, then it seems the outcome was predetermined.

clenz
May 23rd, 2015, 03:49 PM
On a semi related note.

The ISU board is drooling at the idea of bringing in Marcus Loud. For those unaware he was, shockingly, just kicked off Mizzou for repeated violations of team rules and is rumored to have been in some serious grade trouble as well. But, according to the ISU board, nearly a direct quote, "you can never have too much talent, even if a criminal"

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
May 23rd, 2015, 03:54 PM
On a semi related note.

The ISU board is drooling at the idea of bringing in Marcus Loud. Fir those unaware he was, shockingly, just kicked off Mizzou for repeated violations of team rules and is rumored to have been in some serious grade trouble as well. But, according to the ISU board, nearly a direct quote, "you can never have too much talent, even if a criminal"

Maybe ISU though it could get state funds for running a halfway house.

centennial
May 23rd, 2015, 04:40 PM
I wonder who would win between ISU and Illinois..?

Rollbird5
May 23rd, 2015, 04:56 PM
On a semi related note.

The ISU board is drooling at the idea of bringing in Marcus Loud. For those unaware he was, shockingly, just kicked off Mizzou for repeated violations of team rules and is rumored to have been in some serious grade trouble as well. But, according to the ISU board, nearly a direct quote, "you can never have too much talent, even if a criminal"

Seriously? There are 5 replies on that thread with only one guy saying to go for it and even that comment I couldn't tell if it was sarcastic or not. Not exactly "drooling" over the guy.

Also from my point of view on the situation with MC it seems that everybody who actually knows the whole story and situation, which is basically nobody on here including me, seems to not have a problem with it and how spack is dealing with it. So I'm going to trust the ones who actually do have the whole story such as our coaching staff on the matter. Hopefully the whole story comes out so we can then each make proper judgments of our own

Rollbird5
May 23rd, 2015, 05:00 PM
Here's a Twitter reply from Randy Reinhardt one of the reporters who writes on ISU football. @Pg_Reinhardt: @biggiep71 @chadsquach Based on what I have heard but am not at liberty to totally reveal, I have no issue with Spack's decision.

There's an example of one guy who knows more information than what is publicly told and has no issue with the decision.

Redbird Recon
May 23rd, 2015, 06:22 PM
THIS right here.

I've been saying EXACTLY this for the last 4 years or so.

This is embarrassing for ISU and the MVFC.
Then why do you even go to games? Isn't contributing to something you're morally opposed to hypocrisy?

NoDak 4 Ever
May 23rd, 2015, 06:26 PM
Seriously? There are 5 replies on that thread with only one guy saying to go for it and even that comment I couldn't tell if it was sarcastic or not. Not exactly "drooling" over the guy.

Also from my point of view on the situation with MC it seems that everybody who actually knows the whole story and situation, which is basically nobody on here including me, seems to not have a problem with it and how spack is dealing with it. So I'm going to trust the ones who actually do have the whole story such as our coaching staff on the matter. Hopefully the whole story comes out so we can then each make proper judgments of our own

so he did nothing? That would be about the only scenario which would change my opinion.

clenz
May 23rd, 2015, 07:11 PM
so he did nothing? That would be about the only scenario which would change my opinion.
This

He admitted to selling drugs. If he didnt do it why did he plead guilty?

Oh, wait i know. I read it on the isu board. It's because he is black and even though there is zero proof he did it Illinois hates black people.

Reading that thread is pure gold, honestly

BisonFan02
May 23rd, 2015, 07:25 PM
This

Oh, wait i know. I read it on the isu board. It's because he is black and even though there is zero proof he did it Illinois hates black people.

I refuse to go over there, but did they seriously drop the race card?

clenz
May 23rd, 2015, 07:34 PM
I refuse to go over there, but did they seriously drop the race card?
In ways that would make Jesse and Al stop and go "daaaaaaamn".

Our very own Recon, in a response to a ISU fan that feels the same as the rest of us that goes by the screenname of RedbirdMBA, said

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/23/d47723db27c446f185d2a67b51873be4.jpg

So, not only are they playing the race card they are being pretty racist as well...

So...thats redbirdfans in a nut shell.

When i get to a computer ill give a run down of why he is innocent and did nothing wrong, according to redbirdfans

NDSUSR
May 23rd, 2015, 11:17 PM
This

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/52774898.jpg

Redbird Recon
May 24th, 2015, 12:25 AM
Context: The poster was saying he was "unsatisfied" with the lack of info the public was given from Spack and/or Coprich. I alluded to a speech by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. I never played the race card. I'm not saying race played a component it this ordeal. If you found my comment in poor taste, I apologize. I was mocking an over zealous poster, not commenting on the issue.

Look, we had a kid selling drugs. He no longer is a member of the football team or a student at the university.

Was Coprich involved? Obviously in some capacity. From everything I've heard, he pled guilty so he could do this "first offenders" probation thing and put it behind him.

Does it embarrass the school? Sure. Does it embarrass the kid? Sure. Why did Spack immediately dismiss one starter and not another? We'll probably never know.

I'm not outraged he wasn't suspended. I wouldn't have minded if he was. I worked for Coach Spack for 2 years. I found him to be an honest and fair man. He's suspended good players before for various reasons. Why he didn't this time, I couldn't tell you. I will say he isn't blinded by talent. He had Michael Dyer in his office pleading, and he turned him down.

If we're really being honest, suspending Coprich 2 games likely doesn't change the outcomes of those games.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 24th, 2015, 07:16 AM

If he ends up doing nothing, then I agree.

What a read over on the Redbird fan board......xchinscratchx

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 24th, 2015, 07:22 AM
Context: The poster was saying he was "unsatisfied" with the lack of info the public was given from Spack and/or Coprich. I alluded to a speech by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. I never played the race card. I'm not saying race played a component it this ordeal. If you found my comment in poor taste, I apologize. I was mocking an over zealous poster, not commenting on the issue.

Look, we had a kid selling drugs. He no longer is a member of the football team or a student at the university.

Was Coprich involved? Obviously in some capacity. From everything I've heard, he pled guilty so he could do this "first offenders" probation thing and put it behind him.

Does it embarrass the school? Sure. Does it embarrass the kid? Sure. Why did Spack immediately dismiss one starter and not another? We'll probably never know.

I'm not outraged he wasn't suspended. I wouldn't have minded if he was. I worked for Coach Spack for 2 years. I found him to be an honest and fair man. He's suspended good players before for various reasons. Why he didn't this time, I couldn't tell you. I will say he isn't blinded by talent. He had Michael Dyer in his office pleading, and he turned him down.

If we're really being honest, suspending Coprich 2 games likely doesn't change the outcomes of those games.

Big frickin deal.....that is not the point. Spack, as of now anyway, is giving the impression that it is OK to sell drugs and nothing will happen to your standing on the team.

clenz
May 24th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Big frickin deal.....that is not the point. Spack, as of now anyway, is giving the impression that it is OK to sell drugs and nothing will happen to your standing on the team.
Yep.

The precedent is now selling drugs doesn't warrant a suspension. I have to believe that possession arrests now mean you don't even need to have a meeting to discuss the incident with the coach.

Then again, ISU set the precedent that getting charged with a felony and pleading down doesnt warrant a suspension.

Daishon Knight was charged with felony assault of a woman and resisting arrest in 2013 before he got to campus. He plead guilty to battery and resisting arrest. He got a similar deal as Coprich (24 mo dismissal and community service). He was reinstated shortly after that deal was announced as well......didn't miss a single game. Well, i take that back. He did miss an exhibition game against an NAIA team that he would have only played 10 or 15 min in anyway.

http://m.pantagraph.com/sports/college/basketball/men/isu-s-knight-pleads-guilty-to-misdemeanors-reinstated-to-team/article_5aba6c22-47da-11e3-aa0d-0019bb2963f4.html?mobile_touch=true

This is just SOP at ISU

NoDak 4 Ever
May 24th, 2015, 09:37 AM
They aren't deep thinkers in Illinois. I got this banner ad on one of my webpages today.

http://ds.serving-sys.com/BurstingRes/Site-6220/Type-0/bb825e78-fdb9-4d8e-8cbb-40a1f64648ce.gif

They seem to only be able to communicate in emoji.

clenz
May 24th, 2015, 09:42 AM
Newest argument....

Weed is legal in Colorado and Washington so that means this shouldn't even be an issue in a state in which it's still illegal

OSBF
May 24th, 2015, 10:05 AM
Then why do you even go to games? Isn't contributing to something you're morally opposed to hypocrisy?

So let me get the jest of what you're saying here.

I have to be OK with a convicted FELON tarnishing the ISU brand that many folks have invested so much time energy and effort building in order to be a fan?

How about violence against women. Spak and Muller and Lyons obviously have no problem with that either. I do.

I have the audacity to think its a bad thing when DI athletes knock around chix.

That makes me not a fan?

You're a real piece of work, but, unfortunately, very representative of the depths to which the fanbase has sunk.

I'm sure the Town of Normal town council is very pleased with the aura surrounding their business partner that's receiving millions of taxpayer dollars being funneled into a dirty athletic program disguised as "tourism" $$$.

OSBF
May 24th, 2015, 10:10 AM
Yep.

The precedent is now selling drugs doesn't warrant a suspension. I have to believe that possession arrests now mean you don't even need to have a meeting to discuss the incident with the coach.

Then again, ISU set the precedent that getting charged with a felony and pleading down doesnt warrant a suspension.

Daishon Knight was charged with felony assault of a woman and resisting arrest in 2013 before he got to campus. He plead guilty to battery and resisting arrest. He got a similar deal as Coprich (24 mo dismissal and community service). He was reinstated shortly after that deal was announced as well......didn't miss a single game. Well, i take that back. He did miss an exhibition game against an NAIA team that he would have only played 10 or 15 min in anyway.

http://m.pantagraph.com/sports/college/basketball/men/isu-s-knight-pleads-guilty-to-misdemeanors-reinstated-to-team/article_5aba6c22-47da-11e3-aa0d-0019bb2963f4.html?mobile_touch=true

This is just SOP at ISU

You didn't even mention the saddest part of that entire episode.

The ILS "fans" on valley talk or whatever the hell its called these days flat out embarrassed themselves.

Turns out "we didn't know the whole story".................sound eerily familiar?

She deserved it, she had it coming,she was asking for it

It is very depressing for me to see a place I LOVE as much as I love ISU to be reduced to this

OSBF
May 24th, 2015, 10:16 AM
Guys just don't waste your time going to RBF and reading that crap.

The entertainment value may be pretty high, sorta like watching the poo flingin' monkeys at the zoo, but in the end, you're stupider for watching.

Redbird Recon
May 24th, 2015, 10:19 AM
So let me get the jest of what you're saying here.

I have to be OK with a convicted FELON tarnishing the ISU brand that many folks have invested so much time energy and effort building in order to be a fan?

How about violence against women. Spak and Muller and Lyons obviously have no problem with that either. I do.

I have the audacity to think its a bad thing when DI athletes knock around chix.

That makes me not a fan?

You're a real piece of work, but, unfortunately, very representative of the depths to which the fanbase has sunk.

I'm sure the Town of Normal town council is very pleased with the aura surrounding their business partner that's receiving millions of taxpayer dollars being funneled into a dirty athletic program disguised as "tourism" $$$.
I'm not saying that at all. I get your stance. Guilty, innocent or other, it's bad seeing our SA's in the paper for criminal things. My question is why your wallet doesn't follow your posting. You go to games. Why continue to feed the thing with your dollars if you're so against it? In a small way, you're paying Spack's salary. Seems two-faced to me.

clenz
May 24th, 2015, 10:19 AM
Guys just don't waste your time going to RBF and reading that crap.

The entertainment value may be pretty high, sorta like watching the poo flingin' monkeys at the zoo, but in the end, you're stupider for watching.
I was at a zoo yesterday. Saw monkeys flinging poo. That's actually less disgusting than the constant defending of criminals by ISUR

OSBF
May 24th, 2015, 10:35 AM
I'm not saying that at all. I get your stance. Guilty, innocent or other, it's bad seeing our SA's in the paper for criminal things. My question is why your wallet doesn't follow your posting. You go to games. Why continue to feed the thing with your dollars if you're so against it? In a small way, you're paying Spack's salary. Seems two-faced to me.

So only those OK with felony drug dealers and domestic abusers should go to ISU games?

You may actually be onto something there.

I'm pretty sure the Normal Town council person that runs a counseling service for domestic violence is so proud of her affiliation with an institution that doesn't care about DV.

Perhaps the town of Normal should end their financial relationship with ISU as well.

centennial
May 24th, 2015, 10:49 AM
https://cdn.content-network.net/Mun/popcorn/31.gif

OSBF
May 24th, 2015, 11:02 AM

Dude, I have to give you a ton of credit for having the balls to come here and engage, knowing full well you're going to get your ass handed to you.

When a guy is on the wrong side of something and still puts up the good fight that shows real conviction.

I can respect that.

semobison
May 24th, 2015, 05:54 PM
I think the penalty is about right for the crime committed, deferred sentence for a couple of years. I am amazed at some of you hardliners, you must have watched reefer madness too many times and had nightmares. All this talk about drugs and drug dealers... Wooo... Weed has been intrenched in the college scene since the 60's. I knew some quality individuals and athletes who sold a LITTLE reefer in college to get a little extra beer money etc.... Coprich was busted for selling about 50 bucks worth of weed, went to court and justice has been served. The Drug that causes by far the most trouble in todays society is alcohol. It just happens to be legal. That being said I think the right thing for Spack to do would be to suspend Coprich for a game or two.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 24th, 2015, 06:06 PM
I think the penalty is about right for the crime committed, deferred sentence for a couple of years. I am amazed at some of you hardliners, you must have watched reefer madness too many times and had nightmares. All this talk about drugs and drug dealers... Wooo... Weed has been intrenched in the college scene since the 60's. I knew some quality individuals and athletes who sold a LITTLE reefer in college to get a little extra beer money etc.... Coprich was busted for selling about 50 bucks worth of weed, went to court and justice has been served. The Drug that causes by far the most trouble in todays society is alcohol. It just happens to be legal. That being said I think the right thing for Spack to do would be to suspend Coprich for a game or two.

Big deal. Last time I checked it was illegal. More than likely this is not the first time he has pedaled weed, he just got caught this time.

The "system" gave him his sentence...fine but Spack needs to do something to let his team know that doing crap like that is not acceptable.

semobison
May 24th, 2015, 06:14 PM
Big deal. Last time I checked it was illegal. More than likely this is not the first time he has pedaled weed, he just got caught this time.

The "system" gave him his sentence...fine but Spack needs to do something to let his team know that doing crap like that is not acceptable.

It does not matter if you think he has been doing this for a while...Oh wait, lets charge him again because you think he has PROBABLY been doing this for a while......NOPE sorry, there can be only charges for the crime where they have evidence and he has already been sentenced. 50 bucks of weed, first offense, the penalty fit the crime!

clenz
May 24th, 2015, 06:45 PM
It does not matter if you think he has been doing this for a while...Oh wait, lets charge him again because you think he has PROBABLY been doing this for a while......NOPE sorry, there can be only charges for the crime where they have evidence and he has already been sentenced. 50 bucks of weed, first offense, the penalty fit the crime!

He plead guilty to 9 grams. He was charge with significantly more than that.

I don't care how much it was, or what your view of weed is.

It IS still illegal. Selling it IS illegal.

To lift a suspension less than 2 hours after he pleads guilty to committing a crime of selling and illegal drug is just asinine

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 24th, 2015, 07:16 PM

More than likely he has done it before..... The justice system gave him is punishment and I'm fine with that. But he should be held accountable to his team.

As posted on BV, many college players have probably rolled their sleeves up and worked for extra money, not pedal something that is illegal.

semobison
May 24th, 2015, 07:43 PM
More than likely he has done it before..... The justice system gave him is punishment and I'm fine with that. But he should be held accountable to his team.

As posted on BV, many college players have probably rolled their sleeves up and worked for extra money, not pedal something that is illegal.

I cant disagree with you on this post. Lynch F'd up, but you do realize this is going on in every campus in the country and I would guess there are at least a few weed smokers on every college football team in America, ours included!

clenz
May 24th, 2015, 07:49 PM
I cant disagree with you on this post. Lynch F'd up, but you do realize this is going on in every campus in the country and I would guess there are at least a few weed smokers on every college football team in America, ours included!
It doesn't matter if it's happening everywhere. Coprich was the one dumb enough to sell to someone he didn't know. Turns out it was a cop. He got caught. The legal system did it's part. No qualms there. The issue I, and pretty much everyone else, has is the way ISU handled it

semobison
May 24th, 2015, 07:57 PM
It doesn't matter if it's happening everywhere. Coprich was the one dumb enough to sell to someone he didn't know. Turns out it was a cop. He got caught. The legal system did it's part. No qualms there. The issue I, and pretty much everyone else, has is the way ISU handled it

As I have stated all along, I think he should be suspended for a game or two.

centennial
May 24th, 2015, 08:01 PM
Just want to say I live in CO. Most jobs have a drug test and DO NOT allow you to consume weed. Consequently, as an engineer I cannot consume even if I wanted to (which I don't). Kids need to live in the real world and even though weed is less harmful than alcohol the stigma will take a decade or more to go away. In the meanwhile dealing weed is illegal and not punishing offenders for a game or two sets a bad precedent.

Hammersmith
May 24th, 2015, 09:28 PM
This is not passing judgment one way or the other, just information.

For the record, not a convicted felon. While he was charged with selling 10-30 grams(a class 4 felony), he pled down to selling 9 grams(a class A misdemeanor). The news report stating felony was in error. The reporter must have been using the felony term from a previous report and didn't catch the change.

Here's a link to an Illinois law firm that describes the different classifications:
http://www.myillinoisdefenselawyer.com/il-criminal-charges/drug-distribution/

So, charged with a felony, convicted of a misdemeanor. Carry on.

penguinpower
May 24th, 2015, 09:32 PM
I am also an engineer and this stuff is serious when it comes to safety in a plant and when designs are made that can affect the public. You bring up some good points.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 24th, 2015, 10:57 PM

For the record, not a convicted felon. While he was charged with selling 10-30 grams(a class 4 felony), he pled down to selling 9 grams(a class A misdemeanor). The news report stating felony was in error. The reporter must have been using the felony term from a previous report and didn't catch the change.

Here's a link to an Illinois law firm that describes the different classifications:

What the team can/should do is completely independent of what the courts did/will do.

He sold a felony amount and got pled down. That doesn't mean he didn't sell a felony amount.

NDSUSR
May 24th, 2015, 11:40 PM
ISU is the lauging stock of FCS. That's a hard title to get, but its Illinois... Nuff said.
They will suck in 2015 as Karma kicks in. Nothing against MC, but the program is severely broken.

OSBF
May 25th, 2015, 07:36 AM

NO, he plead guilty to a class 4 felony, which under a 2013 law linked to earlier in the thread, allows him to stay out of jail as he has a perfectly clean record free of any priors AND he keeps his nose clean for 24 months.

Hammersmith
May 25th, 2015, 10:53 AM
NO, he plead guilty to a class 4 felony, which under a 2013 law linked to earlier in the thread, allows him to stay out of jail as he has a perfectly clean record free of any priors AND he keeps his nose clean for 24 months.

Okay, you're right. The news reports saying he pled guilty to 9 grams are incorrect. I should have rechecked the court records before I posted that. They've now been updated with the guilty plea. My bad.

On a side note, I wonder if it was better for him to take a guilty plea for the felony instead of pleading down to a misdemeanor? With the felony, it gets completely wiped from his criminal record after two years. I wonder if the misdemeanor would have stuck with him even if it was a lower offense?

OSBF
May 25th, 2015, 11:35 AM
Okay, you're right. The news reports saying he pled guilty to 9 grams are incorrect. I should have rechecked the court records before I posted that. They've now been updated with the guilty plea. My bad.

On a side note, I wonder if it was better for him to take a guilty plea for the felony instead of pleading down to a misdemeanor? With the felony, it gets completely wiped from his criminal record after two years. I wonder if the misdemeanor would have stuck with him even if it was a lower offense?

I dunno about that, but these things really never go away completely. Certain background checks will pick it up. The felony may go away in that he will be able to vote, but I'm pretty sure he will never pass a background check to teach or work with kids or get most govt/public sector jobs.

This law passed in ill in 2013 has its merits in that it keeps non violent perps that are extremely likely to not re-offend out of the already overcrowded DOC.

And it pads the felony conviction rate for the local prosecutors office.

It keeps you out of jail and you start over with a "clean slate" in 2 years

BUT, man, you're pleading guilty to a felony. You stand there in front of the judge and say, yep, I did exactly what they said I did.

I just dunno

semobison
May 25th, 2015, 12:52 PM
I dunno about that, but these things really never go away completely. Certain background checks will pick it up. The felony may go away in that he will be able to vote, but I'm pretty sure he will never pass a background check to teach or work with kids or get most govt/public sector jobs.

This law passed in ill in 2013 has its merits in that it keeps non violent perps that are extremely likely to not re-offend out of the already overcrowded DOC.

And it pads the felony conviction rate for the local prosecutors office.

It keeps you out of jail and you start over with a "clean slate" in 2 years

BUT, man, you're pleading guilty to a felony. You stand there in front of the judge and say, yep, I did exactly what they said I did.

I just dunno

If his sentence was deferred for 2 years, which is what I thought I understood, the charges will be dropped from his record if he stays out of trouble in that 2 year time. I may be wrong but that is how I have always understood a deferred sentence!

Redbird Recon
May 25th, 2015, 01:09 PM
I'm pretty sure he will never pass a background check to teach or work with kids or get most govt/public sector jobs.
You bring up some well-rounded points, but I'm pretty sure if you hooked MC up to a lie detector, you'd find that he truly thinks he'll have a long, illustrious career in the NFL. Now is that short-sighted and a tad foolish? No question.

I'm with you though. A quick Google search will forever put him in a poor light. On the flip side of that, he is from California. I'm probably over-assuming here, but in 5-10 years will this even be noteworthy on the West Coast?

From the fragmented stories I've heard from different sources, I think a couple game suspension would have been fair. As I mentioned earlier, the real issue was with Oshay Dunmore who was dismissed immediately.

Redbird Recon
May 25th, 2015, 01:19 PM
ISU is the lauging stock of FCS. That's a hard title to get, but its Illinois... Nuff said.
They will suck in 2015 as Karma kicks in. Nothing against MC, but the program is severely broken.
If the program is severely broken, I can't even image what fixed would look like.

OSBF
May 25th, 2015, 02:54 PM
If the program is severely broken, I can't even image what fixed would look like.

There are a lot of programs that win that are not respected, conversely, there are very highly respected programs that by your definition probably aren't "winners"

I just wish ILS would embrace this path that they've chosen and just stop already with this charade. Stop saying you're gonna do it the right way. Muller, get off your bible thumping soapbox. ENOUGH talking about morals and ethics and integrity, because the entire athletic program is bankrupt of all 3.

Embrace your inner Oakland Raider and Miami Hurricane, tell everybody that asks that you're gonna do whatever it takes to win no matter how slimy it is.

Yes, son, A program can win a lot of games and still be very very broken.

OSBF
May 25th, 2015, 02:56 PM
I'm pretty sure if you hooked MC up to a lie detector, you'd find that he truly thinks he'll have a long, illustrious career in the NFL. Now is that short-sighted and a tad foolish? No question.

ILS should have taken this opportunity to assist him in getting started with that NFL career.

OSBF
May 25th, 2015, 02:59 PM
If his sentence was deferred for 2 years, which is what I thought I understood, the charges will be dropped from his record if he stays out of trouble in that 2 year time. I may be wrong but that is how I have always understood a deferred sentence!

How does he answer the question "have you ever been convicted of a crime" or "have you ever been arrested/convicted of a crime involving drugs" on a job application?

This is never going away for him.

Redbird 4th & short
May 29th, 2015, 09:33 PM

clenz likes to see what he wants to see and think what he wants to think, prefers facts, and unverified info, and other viewpoints to stay out of his way. Here are facts .... 7 total posts, 5 different posters only 2 of 5 expressed interest in whether or not we should look into .. thread died very quickly from lack of interest.

and his very specific reference to Timmy's post said EXACTLY this: " don't think you can ever have to much talent. If he's not a total goof or criminal go for it. Can you imagine our 4 DE's on the field at the same time in a radar front? Now THAT would be fun to watch!!!"

It did NOT say "even if he is a criminal" .. it said the opposite .. right clenz ??

Maybe you did it on purpose .. maybe you did it on accident. But nobody drooled over this kid, and the thread died very quickly. And you misquoted the one poster you quoted.

Nice objectivity !!

NDSUSR
May 29th, 2015, 10:12 PM
No, we all just accepted the fact that ISU likes drug dealers on their team. No more, no less.
Its your program, own it.

Redbird 4th & short
May 29th, 2015, 10:22 PM
There are a lot of programs that win that are not respected, conversely, there are very highly respected programs that by your definition probably aren't "winners"

I just wish ILS would embrace this path that they've chosen and just stop already with this charade. Stop saying you're gonna do it the right way. Muller, get off your bible thumping soapbox. ENOUGH talking about morals and ethics and integrity, because the entire athletic program is bankrupt of all 3.

Embrace your inner Oakland Raider and Miami Hurricane, tell everybody that asks that you're gonna do whatever it takes to win no matter how slimy it is.

Yes, son, A program can win a lot of games and still be very very broken.
OSBF .. you need help and are completely full of crap. You clearly have an axe to grind and have obsessed over Spack for 4 years. Does he take chances on kids, yes. But the idea that his program is broken and undisciplined could not be further for the truth. And you say he never held Shelby Harris accountable .. anyone remember our last game in 2011 hosting UNI. We are fighting for our playoff lives and Spack suspended Shelby Harris for what many described as he biggest game of Spack's tenure. As it happens, we lost in double OT against Top 5 UNI and got screwed out of playoff bid.

Speaking of Shelby Harris and this 1 game suspension, lets do a little stroll down memory lane on the other side of field that same game.

clenz, do you recall a certain DB who went out partying the week before this same game, got involved in a big fight involving many people that spread from the house to a store parking lot, and was eventually knifed with a wound that required surgery. Within hours of this all surfacing, Coach Farley completely swept this under carpet and went public the very next morning and immediately defended his player. He didn't give it a few days to let police figure out what all happened, because most people had fled the scene before police showed up. So Farley just declared his innocence despite being involved in a mob action that spilled from house to a tore parking lot. I guess when your 5'9" and 166 lbs DB from UNI, there are different rules and standards for being involved in mob action fights compared to 6'5" 260 lbs DE from ISU.

I was proud of Spack for suspending Harris for the biggest game in Spack's tenure. After the game (great game by the way, though we lost heart breaker), i asked a few ISU players about the UNI DB .. to a man, they allsaid he was a complete punk, and a foul mouthed trash talking dirty player. By itself, that don't mean much. But doesn't surprise me that he was involved in the fight .. aka mob action. Farley declared his innocents before he police were done investigating. He played the very next game against ISU .. Shelby Harris did not.

Huge huge huge game for ISU.

Redbird 4th & short
May 29th, 2015, 10:27 PM
No, we all just accepted the fact that ISU likes drug dealers on their team. No more, no less.
Its your program, own it.
and Coach Bohl hits and has relationships with college cheerleaders half his age .. own it .. is his hall of fame induction coming soon ??

p.s. why are you so quick to defend clenz on this topic and then switch topics .. very odd

NDSUSR
May 29th, 2015, 10:29 PM
and Coach Bohl hits and has relationships with college cheerleaders .. own it .. is his hall of fame induction coming soon ??

Said cheerleader was over 18. NOT A FELONY LIKE DEALING DRUGS.
Moral and ethical crime, but not ILLEGAL..
Nice deflection though. You may want to review your personal morals and ethics for backing a drug dealer not getting even a slap on the wrist.

Redbird 4th & short
May 29th, 2015, 10:48 PM
and by all means .. you can have OSBF and all pat each other on the back bashing ISU.

Seriously .. get a life and find something less toxic to do with all this free time you obviously have.

p.s. I happen to agree a 1 game suspension is probably warranted and I have posted as much on our board. At same time, I realize there is more to this case than has been made public. And I ttrust Spack to do the right thing when the dust settles.

p.s.s. there is a reason charges were dropped (more to be follow, but as RB recon hinted, Dunmore was immediately kicked from team around same time) and there is a reason Coprich couldn't fight it (it costs money !!!).

Some advice .. move on and get a life.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 29th, 2015, 10:51 PM
and by all means .. you can have OSBF and all pat each other on the back bashing ISU.

Seriously .. get a life and find something less toxic to do with all this free time you obviously have.

p.s. I happen to agree a 1 game suspension is probably warranted and I have posted as much on our board. At same time, I realize there is more to this case than has been made public. And I ttrust Spack to do the right thing when the dust settles.

p.s.s. there is a reason charges were dropped (more to be follow, but as RB recon hinted, Dunmore was immediately kicked from team around same time) and there is a reason Coprich couldn't fight it (it costs money !!!).

says the guy who was still posting to the ticket thread on Redbirdfan 3 months after the game.

Redbird 4th & short
May 29th, 2015, 11:11 PM
Nice deflection ?? Me ?? No, you deflected. I questioned clenz clearly mis-representing the DE Loud thread .. clearly, right ? Then you deflected topic to Coprich and Spack's integrity .. right ?? To which I basically said .. ok, let's talk about coaches and integrity.

But you just defended your legendary coach dating a college cheerleader and then NDSU looking the other way when hiring/retaining him. So if you ask me which is worse ... a 20 year old selling 10-30 grams of marijuana to a consenting adult (by the way, it was not a cop .. it was a sleezy low life informant) or a college coach shacking up with a college cheerleader ?

Suppose it was your 18 year old daughter you sent off to college and got pursued by a Coach, and then also your 21+ year old son who bought marijuana from 20 year old Coprich.

Who would you be more pissed at .. the coach (college employee) for sleeping with your 18 year old daughter (student) .. or 20 year old Coprich for selling your 21+ year old son marijuana .. or more likely, your own son for buying marijuana ?? . So now which do you think is worse ?

keep hanging onto drug dealing marijuana like it is no different than meth, heroin or cocaine. There is a difference. There is also a difference between driving 9 mph over th speed limit, which almost no cops will bust you for, and driving 39 mph over .. right ???? One is way way way more dangerous.

NDSUSR
May 29th, 2015, 11:13 PM

1. If you agree he got off and deserved a suspension then stfu.
2. Charges were not dropped.
3. He plead guilty, don't blame Dunmore. Innocent people don't plead guilty, they go to trial.
4. I will move on when I feel like it. Until then I will post my opinions freely.

ISU and Spack deserve the bashing. Deal with it.

NDSUSR
May 29th, 2015, 11:15 PM
Who would you be more pissed at .. the coach (college employee) for sleeping with your 8 year old daughter (student) .. or 20 year old Coprich for selling your 21+ year old son marijuana .. or more likely, your own son for buying marijuana ?? . So now which do you think is worse ?

You are a sick ****.

Redbird 4th & short
May 29th, 2015, 11:19 PM
says the guy who was still posting to the ticket thread on Redbirdfan 3 months after the game.
you're confused and also seeing only what you want to see. I restarted the Frisco Ticket topic to prepare our fan base for this coming season .. learning and planning exercise. Simple as that.

But please, keep looking down your nose at the entire world thinking you are above it all and are somehow responsible for NDSU being 4 time national champions. You are a pompous jerk who seems to take credit for what the athletes on the field are accomplishing. You have nothing to do with their success, yet wear it on your sleeve like you're one of the players.

I have encountered very few people as arrogant and full of themselves as you. Nor been so obvious about it. If this is the "look" you are going for ... keep it up.

and good luck this fall .. I'll keep looking for you name in the box score on saturdays.

Redbird 4th & short
May 29th, 2015, 11:25 PM
You are a sick ****.
nope, the college coach who had relationship with student cheerleader is a sick **** .. right ? And you dismissed it compared to the Coprich charge. Which I very strongly disagreed and put it in perspective for you. This is what happens when you like to be so judgmental about things you know very little about yet carry on and on and on as if you know something. Then as soon as someone punches back .. you cry foul.

Get a life .. move on.

p.s. sure nice that Bohl got a 2nd chance, huh ? look forward to his HOF induction at NDSU.

NDSUSR
May 29th, 2015, 11:29 PM
you're confused and also seeing only what you want to see. I restarted the Frisco Ticket topic to prepare our fan base for this coming season .. learning and planning exercise. Simple as that.

But please, keep looking down your nose at the entire world thinking you are above it all and are somehow responsible for NDSU being 4 time national champions. You are a pompous jerk who seems to take credit for what the athletes on the field are accomplishing. You have nothing to do with their success, yet wear it on your sleeve like you're one of the players.

I have encountered very few people as arrogant and full of themselves as you. Nor been so obvious about it. If this is the "look" you are going for ... keep it up.

and good luck this fall .. I'll keep looking for you name in the box score on saturdays.

You should really put the bong or bottle down and go to bed. When you start posting about 8 year olds, you have had enough.
Show me a single post where I took credit for anything. No? Nothing?

I dont like dirty programs or people who reference 8 year olds. Call it arrogant all you want.

NDSUSR
May 29th, 2015, 11:30 PM
nope, the college coach who had relationship with student cheerleader is a sick **** .. right ? And you dismissed it compared to the Coprich charge. Which I very strongly disagreed and put it in perspective for you. This is what happens when you like to be so judgmental about things you know very little about yet carry on and on and on as if you know something. Then as soon as someone punches back .. you cry foul.

Get a life .. move on.

p.s. sure nice that Bohl got a 2nd chance, huh ? look forward to his HOF induction at NDSU.

Please show me a post where I defended Bohls adultry? No? Nothing?

Redbird 4th & short
May 29th, 2015, 11:51 PM
1. If you agree he got off and deserved a suspension then stfu.
2. Charges were not dropped.
3. He plead guilty, don't blame Dunmore. Innocent people don't plead guilty, they go to trial.
4. I will move on when I feel like it. Until then I will post my opinions freely.

ISU and Spack deserve the bashing. Deal with it.
1. no
2. guess I meant reduced
3. trials require lawyers, lawyers require money .. pleading down charges happens all the time on minor first time offenses
4. agreed ... and I'm free to say get a life and move on.

Redbird 4th & short
May 30th, 2015, 12:10 AM
You should really put the bong or bottle down and go to bed. When you start posting about 8 year olds, you have had enough.
Show me a single post where I took credit for anything. No? Nothing?

I dont like dirty programs or people who reference 8 year olds. Call it arrogant all you want.
You brought up that she was 18 years old ..I then referenced this 18 year old girl twice but typo'd my 2nd referenced, then quickly corrected it. But it is very clear, you and i were both referencing the same 18 year old cheerleader the entire post.

The taking credit for players post was directed at ND 4 ever, not you. I thought I quoted him, but guess not.

Hammersmith
May 30th, 2015, 12:16 AM
1. no
2. guess I meant reduced
3. trials require lawyers, lawyers require money .. pleading down charges happens all the time on minor first time offenses
4. agreed ... and I'm free to say get a life and move on.

Check the court records. Charge wasn't reduced. Didn't plead down. Was arrested for selling 10-30 grams(class 4 felony), plead guilty to selling 10-30 grams(class 4 felony).

By the way, people are going to call you a sick **** when you bring up hypotheticals involving sex with 3rd graders. You might want to go back and look at one of your previous posts. I suspect you meant having sex with a person's 18 year old daughter, but you typed 8 year old daughter. It kind of changes the effect of your post a tiny bit. [/sarcasm]

edit: he posted his corrected message while I was confirming the court records

Professor Chaos
May 30th, 2015, 12:19 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-5HVl-fBEe9M/Uf7rRXet-mI/AAAAAAAAAKI/mYJgJA1apY0/s1600/cococaine+is+one+hell+of+a+drug.jpg

You obviously bought from someone more serious than Marshaun...

Hammersmith
May 30th, 2015, 12:21 AM
You brought up that she was 18 years old ..I then referenced this 18 year old girl twice but typo'd my 2nd referenced, then quickly corrected it. But it is very clear, you and i were both referencing the same 18 year old cheerleader the entire post.

The taking credit for players post was directed at ND 4 ever, not you. I thought I quoted him, but guess not.

Quickly is less than 5 minutes. Quickly is not over a half hour and nine posts later. Heck, you responded to his posts three times before you finally went back to check and realized your mistake.

Redbird 4th & short
May 30th, 2015, 12:29 AM
Please show me a post where I defended Bohls adultry? No? Nothing?
Lot of bashing of Spack's integrity over the Coprich issue coming from at least 2 Bison fans. Then I bring up Bohl's issue and you put in very large bold letters that what Coprich did was illegal and what Bohl did was only immoral or unethical. This on the heels of all the posts that keep saying there are no shades of grey when it comes to illegal .. of course there are. There has to be varying degrees of seriousness of crimes. Coprich is 20 years old. Bohl was about 40 years old at the time. I could care less the cheerleader was 18 and technically legal.

So did any of you object to Bohl being hired in 2003 .. or retained for 10 years ? And did you express support to keep him longer in 2014 ? While knowing all the rumors out there. Or did you stick you heads in sand, cheer your team onto victory and brag about all your national championships.

So spare me all the judgement on Coaches and integrity.

Redbird 4th & short
May 30th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Quickly is less than 5 minutes. Quickly is not over a half hour and nine posts later. Heck, you responded to his posts three times before you finally went back to check and realized your mistake.
i corrected within 10 minutes as soon as I notice it ... but again, i was clearly referencing the 18 year old cheerleader .. that was the entire point I was making. Referenced it twice but only typo'd it once.

So what does it matter how log it took to correct a typo ??

Nice smoke screen.

correction .. time flies, just noticed time stamp and it did take me half hour to correct .. but again, I correctly referred to 18 year old first time in same post and her being 18 was entire point of the exchange.

Redbird 4th & short
May 30th, 2015, 12:56 AM
Done for now. Feel free to return to your ill-informed bashing of ISU and Spack .. don't let facts or lack of information stop you from jumping to wrong conclusions. Nor the glass house some of you live in ... fire away.

Lehigh'98
May 30th, 2015, 08:49 AM
I agree he should have some time off (as I said a game or two) so don't know if that is settled or not but if they let him off that one and are leaving it up to the court system then so be it but not how I'd have done things.

You and NoDak keep talking about felony conviction as if it means something. It doesn't. It's a marijuana beef, so honestly all I got to say is BFD.

If it was a violent crime felony I'd be able to go with you as that would have some teeth but trying to sell this as something big is not gonna work on me...I ain't some dumbass you two are gonna roll over with some silly bull**** like that.

You are talking about a dollar amount and that doesn't change what the actual crime was or standing up with the "sold to a cop" thing...who gives a **** who he sold it to as long as it was an adult. It's akin to a speeding ticket, as I've mentioned, if I'm throwing in my opinion on it...and it appears I am.

BTW, how many decent, productive members of society do you think you deal with daily that have had a felony conviction? I know it may not be a ton but there are certainly some. Did they deserve a break to try and make their way in life or you think your zero tolerance bull**** works everywhere?

I think it's pretty dumb to act as if the courts can't take care of this thing without having to dump a kid down further on something like this. You can justify how special you and your school is all you want but it's complete bull**** if you ask me. But feel holier than thou all you'd like to, it is your prerogative.

+1,000,000,000

NoDak 4 Ever
May 30th, 2015, 09:23 AM
Lot of bashing of Spack's integrity over the Coprich issue coming from at least 2 Bison fans. Then I bring up Bohl's issue and you put in very large bold letters that what Coprich did was illegal and what Bohl did was only immoral or unethical. This on the heels of all the posts that keep saying there are no shades of grey when it comes to illegal .. of course there are. There has to be varying degrees of seriousness of crimes. Coprich is 20 years old. Bohl was about 40 years old at the time. I could care less the cheerleader was 18 and technically legal.

So did any of you object to Bohl being hired in 2003 .. or retained for 10 years ? And did you express support to keep him longer in 2014 ? While knowing all the rumors out there. Or did you stick you heads in sand, cheer your team onto victory and brag about all your national championships.

So spare me all the judgement on Coaches and integrity.

God damn, I go to bed and you throw a ****ing tantrum. Sorry I missed this.

We had a guy sell drugs once. You know what happened? He was dismissed immediately - no hearing, trial, nothing. Gone - go ****ing deal with your own problems, you aren't on the team any more.

Deflecting by mentioning something that happened when Bohl was at Nebraska is ineffective.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
May 30th, 2015, 01:35 PM
We need to freak out less about a Weed conviction. We sound old and crotchety. Nonviolent crime let it go.

Bisonoline
May 30th, 2015, 08:44 PM
We need to freak out less about a Weed conviction. We sound old and crotchety. Nonviolent crime let it go.

I really don't think its about the weed. I think the angst is more about a TOTAL LACK OF GOOD JUDGEMENT. He basically told the university and his teammates to FO. That he will do what he wants regardless if his actions show the university in a bad light.

Rjones61
May 30th, 2015, 10:09 PM
In my opinion, Coprich should have to sit the first game or two. For all we know, this may be the case within the team. However, it's not that big of a crime.

Sounds to me that Bison fans are more pissed that they still have to play Coprich than anything.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 30th, 2015, 11:23 PM
I really don't think its about the weed. I think the angst is more about a TOTAL LACK OF GOOD JUDGEMENT. He basically told the university and his teammates to FO. That he will do what he wants regardless if his actions show the university in a bad light.

Quite the drama there oline. BTW, young dudes do dumb ****, you know that. Hell you watched old dudes do dumb **** last September. A lack of good judgment is how every single lesson I ever learned came to fruition. I don't believe he's told anyone to piss off and so forth after his arrest or am I wrong on that one?

gotts
May 30th, 2015, 11:57 PM
Ursus, have you heard anything on the truckload of Midol that's supposed to show up for the board?

Bisonoline
May 31st, 2015, 01:07 AM
Quite the drama there oline. BTW, young dudes do dumb ****, you know that. Hell you watched old dudes do dumb **** last September. A lack of good judgment is how every single lesson I ever learned came to fruition. I don't believe he's told anyone to piss off and so forth after his arrest or am I wrong on that one?

His actions basically showed he had no regard. This isn't like some kid using a fake ID to get in to a bar.
Drama? Naw just amazed at the abject stupidity.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 31st, 2015, 01:25 AM
Ursus, have you heard anything on the truckload of Midol that's supposed to show up for the board?

Yes, it's back ordered. We're gonna have to work on this drug free.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 31st, 2015, 01:46 AM
His actions basically showed he had no regard. This isn't like some kid using a fake ID to get in to a bar.
Drama? Naw just amazed at the abject stupidity.

The way you took that and spliced it together with only some indignant intolerance and a small amount of tape and bailing wire is good stuff. Saying this isn't some kid using a fake ID to get into a bar...why...what's the difference then? That fake ID dude broke the law. Hell maybe if we added up all the drinks some underage folks have consumed maybe we could come up with a felony number. This crime is akin to using a fake ID...not a big deal at all.

I mean anytime young people make mistakes it is because they don't respect the school, their team mates, and the coaches right? Holy ****.

The over reactions by some of you are highly entertaining.

Thank you. xlolx

HEY FELLA'S, GET A LOAD OF THIS MOUNTAIN!!

http://timemanagementninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Molehill.jpg

JayJ79
May 31st, 2015, 02:18 AM
Yes, it's back ordered. We're gonna have to work on this drug free.

check with Coprich, he can probably hook y'all up with stuff to help you relax

Bisonoline
May 31st, 2015, 10:22 AM
The way you took that and spliced it together with only some indignant intolerance and a small amount of tape and bailing wire is good stuff. Saying this isn't some kid using a fake ID to get into a bar...why...what's the difference then? That fake ID dude broke the law. Hell maybe if we added up all the drinks some underage folks have consumed maybe we could come up with a felony number. This crime is akin to using a fake ID...not a big deal at all.

I mean anytime young people make mistakes it is because they don't respect the school, their team mates, and the coaches right? Holy ****.

The over reactions by some of you are highly entertaining.

Thank you. xlolx

HEY FELLA'S, GET A LOAD OF THIS MOUNTAIN!!

http://timemanagementninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Molehill.jpg

Good points indeed. Except Coprich isnt a regular student. The school is paying his bills. Well may be not the pot bills as some have been saying hes just sellng some to get some. LOL

(ps I have no issues with weed and think it should be legalized)

ursus arctos horribilis
May 31st, 2015, 01:48 PM
Good points indeed. Except Coprich isnt a regular student. The school is paying his bills. Well may be not the pot bills as some have been saying hes just sellng some to get some. LOL

(ps I have no issues with weed and think it should be legalized)

I hear ya man but I also don't buy into that "it's a privilege" thing a whole bunch. It is a bit of a privilege but it is also a privilege to the school to have these young guys willing to devote many hours of hard physical labor to a craft that bring a great deal of interest to said school. I know I probably don't need to tell you that, you actually played for a couple of schools but I'd bet you'd agree with my sentiment on that matter. It is a privilege for both parties.

To me they ARE exactly like any other student. I get sick and tired of the false outrage every time a student that happens to play football brings about so much vitriol but any other student wouldn't mean **** to anyone. It's just flat out hypocrisy no matter how anyone wants to try and bargain with themselves that it is different.

As I've maintained all along he should get some punishment from the team but I'd think it is up to them to handle.

You last ps there is exactly my feelings and I won't be guided by the fact that it has not yet been legalized. I think it should be legal as well so I can't act like it is some big deal just because laws in state's are running behind where I am at...and a lot of the country is at. If I don't think it's a big deal I can't turn around and pretend it is because the law is archaic. It would be disingenuous for me to hold someone to something I do not personally believe in.

BTW, I thought I did good with that picture.:D

underdawg
May 31st, 2015, 06:16 PM
In my opinion, Coprich should have to sit the first game or two. For all we know, this may be the case within the team. However, it's not that big of a crime.

Sounds to me that Bison fans are more pissed that they still have to play Coprich than anything.

Ha-ha! I predict coach will say he misses two games---Morgan State and South Dakotaxlolx

Bisonoline
May 31st, 2015, 08:40 PM
I hear ya man but I also don't buy into that "it's a privilege" thing a whole bunch. It is a bit of a privilege but it is also a privilege to the school to have these young guys willing to devote many hours of hard physical labor to a craft that bring a great deal of interest to said school. I know I probably don't need to tell you that, you actually played for a couple of schools but I'd bet you'd agree with my sentiment on that matter. It is a privilege for both parties.

To me they ARE exactly like any other student. I get sick and tired of the false outrage every time a student that happens to play football brings about so much vitriol but any other student wouldn't mean **** to anyone. It's just flat out hypocrisy no matter how anyone wants to try and bargain with themselves that it is different.

As I've maintained all along he should get some punishment from the team but I'd think it is up to them to handle.

You last ps there is exactly my feelings and I won't be guided by the fact that it has not yet been legalized. I think it should be legal as well so I can't act like it is some big deal just because laws in state's are running behind where I am at...and a lot of the country is at. If I don't think it's a big deal I can't turn around and pretend it is because the law is archaic. It would be disingenuous for me to hold someone to something I do not personally believe in.

BTW, I thought I did good with that picture.:D

The picture is outstanding!
I have also never understood why people seem to want their pound of flesh from any athlete who screws up. I wonder what they would think if everyone wanted them to lose their jobs if they did something stupid. The higher standard BS is even more prevalent with social media crawling up everyones butt.

NDSUSR
May 31st, 2015, 09:30 PM
So did any of you object to Bohl being hired in 2003 .. or retained for 10 years

Maybe you should visit BV and look it up yourself. The quick answer id yes, many had HUGE reservations about Bohl.

- - - Updated - - -

also don't buy into that "it's a privilege" thing a whole bunch.

Bull****. You know better.

NDSUSR
May 31st, 2015, 09:32 PM

We bast that at their best. Why worry? Coprich was not a factor in the game at all.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 31st, 2015, 09:55 PM
Maybe you should visit BV and look it up yourself. The quick answer id yes, many had HUGE reservations about Bohl.

- - - Updated - - -

Bull****. You know better.

No, the bull**** is what you got going but it's good comedy man. I appreciate your efforts for sure.

Rjones61
May 31st, 2015, 10:11 PM
We bast that at their best. Why worry? Coprich was not a factor in the game at all.

He got more yards than Terrence West did. Isn't 106 rushing yards unprecedented against the NDSU defense?

underdawg
May 31st, 2015, 10:20 PM
SIU's Macolm Agnew had 117 yards in Fargo (5.6 ypc) just last year

Rollbird5
June 1st, 2015, 07:03 AM
He got more yards than Terrence West did. Isn't 106 rushing yards unprecedented against the NDSU defense?
The threat of Coprich getting the ball led to Tre getting a couple big runs as well

clenz
June 1st, 2015, 08:22 AM
David Johnson
2014: 28 carries 138 yards (4.9ypc) also teams leading receiver with 2 catches for 36 yards
2013: 12 carries 142 yards (11.8 ypc) 1 TD 1 reception 24 yards
2012: 17 carries 85 yards (5.0ypc)1 TD 2nd leading reciever with 4 catches

Oh...Here is the QB play he dealt with in those games. Coprich and Crockett got great QB play to lighten the focus...DJ...well... you decide

QB play vs NDSU
2014: 7-20 93 yards 0 TD
2013: 12-33 128 yards 1 TD 1INT

So...his last two years saw him going for 280 yards on 40 carries (7.0 YPC) all while his QBs went a combined 19-53 (35%) for 221 yards

Imagine the numbers DJ would have put up if Carnes could throw the ball...or Sawyer been allowed to run the same system that Carnes was.

clenz
June 1st, 2015, 09:35 AM
To reply to a couple things...I'm not going to quote everything so I'm doing this off of memory.

Some Redbird fan wants to bring up Varmah Sonnie getting stabbed up. To steal a line from Redbird fans - "there's more to it". Unlike ISUr fans I'm actually going to share what the rest of the story is:

There was a group of people, roughly 10 of them based on police investigation, that belonged to a gang in Waterloo. This group of 10 is/was also wanted in some fights that occurred in Waterloo about the same time. They found their way over to Cedar Falls. Varmah was at a party in a private residence. While that party was going on this group of gang members harrased the gas station you referenced. Varmah was not at the gas station. After causing a fight in the gas station they started looking for parties to crash. They ended up getting to the house that Varmah was in. The people at the party wouldn't let them in the house and that's when the gang members attacked the house. During that time Varmah ended up getting stabbed...inside the house which his was already in, by guys who illegally entered the house and assaulted multiple people in the house. That fight spilled back into the Kwik Star lot...but Varmah did not follow there as he was already stabbed. A quick courts search show the legal issues he had while at UNI was two speeding tickets and a single tinted window ticket. Clearly a menace to society.

Clearly, getting stabbed by gang members crashing a private party one might be at is FAR worse than selling an illegal drug.

Redbird fans keep bringing the suspension/dismissal of Shelby Harris up like it is some sort of gold star on the program. Why do we/you continue to ignore that prior to coming to ISU Miller was kicked off of Wisconsin for assaulting and robbing a drug dealer. I suppose that was him doing his good dead and getting those horrible drug dealers off the streets right? Well, you went from one guy getting kicked off a team for assaulting a drug dealer to another being reinstated because he admitted to being a drug dealer.

I know, I know...there's more to the story and he is black and couldn't afford to fight it. If I was innocent I would work something out with my lawyer to be able to afford it so I don't have to plead guilty to a felony I didn't commit.

Oh, don't point at the Dunmore dismissal anymore please...already been pointed out he was given about 5 strikes at Oregon before they booted him and ISU took, yet another, FBS transfer with legal issues.

Changing the topic to a UNI player getting jumped and stabbed and then changing it to a ethical, not legal, issue issue that happened to a coach before he got to NDSU are both poor attempts at deflection. You don't care if what Bohl did was actually legal...your words..."I could care less the cheerleader was 18 and technically legal."....also I think you meant "couldn't care less. Fact remains that one action is legal one action is not. There is a MASSIVE distinction there, even if you don't want to see it. Also, not shocking that an ISU fan wouldn't see a distinction between an illegal activity and a legal one. Quite telling, really.

I'm now past the legal issue of the case. He admitted to being a felon and the court accepted that. The issue at this point is the repeated "ability" of ISU to not take any action against their players when they commit crimes. Remember, this isn't a one time deal at this university recently.

I will quote ursus because it gets to the larger point

I agree he should have some time off (as I said a game or two) so don't know if that is settled or not but if they let him off that one and are leaving it up to the court system then so be it but not how I'd have done things.

You and NoDak keep talking about felony conviction as if it means something. It doesn't. It's a marijuana beef, so honestly all I got to say is BFD.

If it was a violent crime felony I'd be able to go with you as that would have some teeth but trying to sell this as something big is not gonna work on me...I ain't some dumbass you two are gonna roll over with some silly bull**** like that.

You are talking about a dollar amount and that doesn't change what the actual crime was or standing up with the "sold to a cop" thing...who gives a **** who he sold it to as long as it was an adult. It's akin to a speeding ticket, as I've mentioned, if I'm throwing in my opinion on it...and it appears I am.

BTW, how many decent, productive members of society do you think you deal with daily that have had a felony conviction? I know it may not be a ton but there are certainly some. Did they deserve a break to try and make their way in life or you think your zero tolerance bull**** works everywhere?

I think it's pretty dumb to act as if the courts can't take care of this thing without having to dump a kid down further on something like this. You can justify how special you and your school is all you want but it's complete bull**** if you ask me. But feel holier than thou all you'd like to, it is your prerogative.

The felony conviction is a "big deal"...it's a felony conviction. I've already said, I'm all for legalizing pot BUT the fact is that it ISN'T legal so we can't judge/adjudicate things based on what we *think* should be legal. There are plenty of non-violent crimes, should they all be lifted since they don't hurt anyone else? To keep it in the drug world, should meth and crack be legal? I mean, it's nonviolent to produce and sell it. Pedophilia? Technically it's a nonviolent crime to take and possess pictures of underage children. I understand there is grey area, but a felony conviction is still a felony conviction. Is selling weed as bad as other felonies? Nope. I'm not dumb enough to say it is. It's still illegal, and still a felony in the current legal system.

The thing with selling to a cop is that it isn't a "he might not have done it thing". The fact it was to a cop makes it an undeniable crime, which is why he plead guilty....not because he's black or can't afford an attorney.

Taking all of that out of that, it doesn't make him a bad person. It doesn't mean he can't/won't be a productive member of society. At this point I'm past Coprich and more into ISU being a complete ****ing sham if it does nothing on this. He admitted to selling the drugs illegally and right after he does that Spack decides "Yep...I know he did it but I don't care. No suspension for him". It's not holier than thou to look at ISU and see how they handle things and go "Wait a ****ing second, something seems really off about this.".

Playing college football IS a privilege. If it wasn't than everyone on that campus would be on a full ride. Yes, the university is getting a lot from the hard work he puts in but they are giving him a free education, which is something that probably 19.5k of the 20k students at ISUr aren't getting. It's something that probably 90+% of college kids nationally aren't getting. He's one of about 100 on the campus that get to put that uniform on. 100 out of 20k. That's .005% of the student population. To say it isn't a privilege means it then becomes a right. No one has the "right" to play football at the D1 level. You get the privilege to do so. They aren't like any other student. They (all athletes) become the fact of the university to the public at-large. My time at UNI was not the same as David Johnson's....not fair, I wasn't on campus the same time as DJ. My time on UNI's campus wasn't the same as LJ Forts and Eric Sanders (both were on campus the same time I was for various portions of it). I brought zero media attention to UNI. I had zero "fans". I had zero children looking up to me as a role model. My actions did not reflect, right or wrong, the university at all. I was not used to promote the university and athletic department. I did not have nearly 100K invested in my by the university (ISU tuition rate is 28K for in state and 36k non-resident...holy ****, BTW. I thought UNI was high at 14k)

They are "just a student" but they are much more than that. Also, I would assume that if someone on the political debate team, robotics team, or whatever team there is on campus that is for the "general" student population they would face some sort of suspension as well.

It doesn't have to be a full year, but to have him plead guilty to selling an illegal drug (again, it doesn't matter what the personal thoughts on the topic are...it is still illegal) and then immediately lift his suspension is just a very bad precedent. I will promise the only reason it was lifted, or he wasn't booted instantly, was because of who he is. If it was some back up lineman that isn't going to see the field he would be gone and ISU fans would be praising him for "not putting up with any crap and going against what people thing ISU does with criminals". I guess the old thought of "as long as your talented it doesn't matter what you do" still rings true.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 1st, 2015, 11:31 AM
I'll skip that clenzy. I'd rather not read one way too long post to several different poster all in one fell swoop. It would be a better read if you just quoted you wanted to reply to as you came across it my friend.

In the couple of lines I did read I saw a whole lot of the same thing so I'll assume we've already the argued the points.

centennial
June 1st, 2015, 12:40 PM
Clenz is right ^ ISUr has set a bad precedent. What is inconsequential is if weed should be legal, or what our opinion is towards non-violent crimes. Even more inconsequential is if Bohl slept with a 19 year old girl at Nebraska(that is still following him around)..

clenz
June 1st, 2015, 12:55 PM
I'll skip that clenzy. I'd rather not read one way too long post to several different poster all in one fell swoop. It would be a better read if you just quoted you wanted to reply to as you came across it my friend.

In the couple of lines I did read I saw a whole lot of the same thing so I'll assume we've already the argued the points.
Before your quote was all towards Redbird fans and the lame attempt at pointing out a UNI player that got mugged wasn't suspended and Bohl legally slept with a co-ed

After the quote was to you/general.

clenz
June 1st, 2015, 01:09 PM
Clenz is right ^ ISUr has set a bad precedent. What is inconsequential is if weed should be legal, or what our opinion is towards non-violent crimes. Even more inconsequential is if Bohl slept with a 19 year old girl at Nebraska(that is still following him around)..
This is my issue at this point.

Had Spack come out after the plea deal and said "We are pleased that the legal system worked itself out. Now that we know exactly what happened we have moved from the indefinite suspension to a suspension of 2 games" this whole thing is already dead.

Instead it's yet another time ISU has said "being convicted doesn't matter because he's talented".

ursus arctos horribilis
June 1st, 2015, 01:11 PM
Before your quote was all towards Redbird fans and the lame attempt at pointing out a UNI player that got mugged wasn't suspended and Bohl legally slept with a co-ed

After the quote was to you/general.

Cool. I'll stick with the fact everything we are discussing and our opinions are inconsequential. The school and his community are the ones that have the inside track on what to do. The rest of us are just opinion machines that mean nothing in the process.

centennial
June 1st, 2015, 01:30 PM
Cool. I'll stick with the fact everything we are discussing and our opinions are inconsequential. The school and his community are the ones that have the inside track on what to do. The rest of us are just opinion machines that mean nothing in the process.
All I am saying is it is inconsequential what we as a board support weed (this includes me). The point being made is maybe Brock Spack is too focused on winning rather than producing well rounded student athletes. I am not discounting anyone's opinions. I hope the best for Marshaun, I realize that kids make mistakes, my problem is the discrimination between teammates based on talent and a lack of accountability.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 1st, 2015, 01:46 PM
All I am saying is it is inconsequential what we as a board support weed (this includes me). The point being made is maybe Brock Spack is too focused on winning rather than producing well rounded student athletes. I am not discounting anyone's opinions. I hope the best for Marshaun, I realize that kids make mistakes, my problem is the discrimination between teammates based on talent and a lack of accountability.

I'd say that is a pretty ****ty label for you, clenz, or anyone else to put on someone knowing as little we all do. I don't know the story and even when we do know most of it there can be things that Spack sees that none of us will ever see...i.e. how to work with young guys as individuals etc.

I've not gotten the impression that Spack is not a pretty genuine fella but then again who knows? Just ain't trying to go with the stupid old message board tricks that seem to take over every thread about an opposing team since our own teams are just the best ****ing thing ever and we are better people because we follow this or that team. Some less than favorable crap happens at all schools and it gets dealt with by the law which is what should happen. The rest is bull****.

Dumb, but funny, bull****.

clenz
June 1st, 2015, 02:36 PM
Oddly enough, the SEC just put a rule in place saying you can't take a trasnfer on your programs if they'd have serious issues at another school and used the quote "Playing college football is a privelege, not a right"

ursus arctos horribilis
June 1st, 2015, 02:47 PM
Oddly enough, the SEC just put a rule in place saying you can't take a trasnfer on your programs if they'd have serious issues at another school and used the quote "Playing college football is a privelege, not a right"

Oh I'm not saying it isn't popular. It's been bandied about and picked up for years by a lot of people. That doesn't change the fact that it is no more a privilege to the players than it is the universities.

I don't buy into that chicken ****. You get to use the players to benefit your university like they are indentured servants and then say it is their privilege? I ain't your rube is all I got to say that bull****.

AshevilleApp2
June 1st, 2015, 03:43 PM
I'd say that is a pretty ****ty label for you, clenz, or anyone else to put on someone knowing as little we all do. I don't know the story and even when we do know most of it there can be things that Spack sees that none of us will ever see...i.e. how to work with young guys as individuals etc.

I've not gotten the impression that Spack is not a pretty genuine fella but then again who knows? Just ain't trying to go with the stupid old message board tricks that seem to take over every thread about an opposing team since our own teams are just the best ****ing thing ever and we are better people because we follow this or that team. Some less than favorable crap happens at all schools and it gets dealt with by the law which is what should happen. The rest is bull****.

Dumb, but funny, bull****.

Nice!

Redbird 4th & short
June 1st, 2015, 07:22 PM
On a semi related note.

Clenz .. you never did own up to your lie above. So please respond to my original post calling you out. Really undermines your credibility and objectivity when you spew BS like this.

clenz likes to see what he wants to see and think what he wants to think, prefers facts, and unverified info, and other viewpoints to stay out of his way. Here are facts .... 7 total posts, 5 different posters only 2 of 5 expressed interest in whether or not we should look into .. thread died very quickly from lack of interest.

and his very specific reference to Timmy's post said EXACTLY this: " don't think you can ever have to much talent. If he's not a total goof or criminal go for it. Can you imagine our 4 DE's on the field at the same time in a radar front? Now THAT would be fun to watch!!!"

It did NOT say "even if he is a criminal" .. it said the opposite .. right clenz ??

Maybe you did it on purpose .. maybe you did it on accident. But nobody drooled over this kid, and the thread died very quickly. And you misquoted the one poster you quoted.

Nice objectivity !!

thread hasn't moved since either .. look for yourself if you want to see how full of BS clenz is: http://www.redbirdfan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7745

Redbird 4th & short
June 1st, 2015, 07:31 PM
This is my issue at this point.

Had Spack come out after the plea deal and said "We are pleased that the legal system worked itself out. Now that we know exactly what happened we have moved from the indefinite suspension to a suspension of 2 games" this whole thing is already dead.

Instead it's yet another time ISU has said "being convicted doesn't matter because he's talented".
please provide specifics about "yet another time of being convicted" .. specifics ??

Here are some specifics ... Shelby Harris was suspend for the 2011 UNI game. Your thug played. He wasn't mugged .. who ever reported he was mugged ?? Be specific. Did you make up that BS too ?? . He left the party and went to the store parking lot because he was looking for a fight. No different than problems Shelby Harris went thru. Your guy played. Our guy was suspended, and eventually dismissed.

You spew a lot of BS that has no basis in fact. Give specifics .. cite sources. Or stop spewing your BS.

Redbird 4th & short
June 1st, 2015, 07:38 PM
Dunmore transferred to ISU from Oregon and was touted as possibly the best football athlete ISU has ever seen. He's gone because of Spack's integrity. No headlines there, huh ? Yet he is gone even though there were no headlines. Noone would have known the better if Spack hadn't kicked him off.

And the team GPA has gone up every semester during Spack's tenure ... EVERY single semester.

You guys want to carry on about coaches and integrity ? Glass houses folks .... oh wait, ND 4ever decided Bohl gets a pass .. statute of limitations or something. There is no doubt which is worse .. 20 year old selling weed to a 21+ year old, or a 40+ year old coach shacking up with 18+ year old student.

Holier than thou .. what hypocrisy !!

clenz
June 1st, 2015, 07:55 PM
please provide specifics about "yet another time of being convicted" .. specifics ??

Here are some specifics ... Shelby Harris was suspend for the 2011 UNI game. Your thug played. He wasn't mugged .. who ever reported he was mugged ?? Be specific. Did you make up that BS too ?? . He left the party and went to the store parking lot because he was looking for a fight. No different than problems Shelby Harris went thru. Your guy played. Our guy was suspended, and eventually dismissed.

You spew a lot of BS that has no basis in fact. Give specifics .. cite sources. Or stop spewing your BS.
You can google the incident. From the days after the fight. ..

Police Chief Jeff Olson told the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier on Monday that Sonie attended a private party after the game. He says some people crashed the party, and a fight started when they refused to leave.
http://thegazette.com/2011/11/14/unis-sonie-stabbed-after-others-crashed-party

Public record. He was in a private residence at a private party. Gang members from Waterloo, which were linked to other incidents that night, barged into the party, started a fight and stabbed Sonie.

Redbird 4th & short
June 1st, 2015, 08:01 PM
but when people bash ISU and our coach, a reality check is appropriate. lot of people spewing a lot of derogatory comments towards our school and program. If you knew Spack and his program, and what he demands of his players .. you would come away with a much different opinion than the nonsense you get here.

We had 2 FBS transfers last season ... one is role model who wouldn't say sh-t f he had a mouthful. The other crossed a line and was dismissed with no fanfare.

so when someone looks down their nose and bashes my coaches integrity, then let's have a balanced debate. And you don't get to decide Bohl's indiscretions and 2nd chance aren't relevant. Otherwise those people can stop bashing our coach and questioning his integrity. The hyporcrisy from Bisonville is off the charts. He was in his 40's when it happened.

clenz
June 1st, 2015, 08:04 PM
Our guy also has zero criminal history, and zero history of violence. First time offender, right? Wait, that doesn't apply here because he was never charged because he didn't do anything. If you ever watched him play you'd know he was good at running his mouth but not at actually doing any hitting.

Miller was already kicked off a team for assault.

Talk of integrity all you want, but integrity would be not bringing kid after kid thats been kicked off a previous team for assault or drugs . It would be levying a suspension against a kid who pled guilty to a felony. In other aspects of the athletic department it would be suspending a kid who beat the **** out of a woman.

It would be taking a ****ing stance against illegal activity, even if it meant sitting your best player, or passing on a FBS transfer that has been kicked off of his last team.

Illinois State has no integrity. A good GPA doesn't change that.

clenz
June 1st, 2015, 08:07 PM
Glass houses? The only player getting busted for selling drugs was immediately booted from UNIs team. His roommate was also booted from the team for being home. Just by being in the house he got charged with possession, which was dropped and removed from his record within 4 days of the arrest.

They were, by far, the two best WR on that top 5 ranked team. Gone. No questions asked. No other legal issues at any point while at UNI. None after, actually either.

That's taking a stand. That's integrity.

Rollbird5
June 1st, 2015, 09:17 PM
Glass houses? The only player getting busted for selling drugs was immediately booted from UNIs team. His roommate was also booted from the team for being home. Just by being in the house he got charged with possession, which was dropped and removed from his record within 4 days of the arrest.

They were, by far, the two best WR on that top 5 ranked team. Gone. No questions asked. No other legal issues at any point while at UNI. None after, actually either.

Sounds like the coach didn't make a very good decision with the roommate's situation to be honest

clenz
June 1st, 2015, 09:25 PM
Sounds like the coach didn't make a very good decision with the roommate's situation to be honest
Likely not BUT the precedent was set that getting busted with drugs isn't going to be tolerated within the UNI program.

Set the precedent that no one player is above the team. It's why names weren't on the back of uniforms for any UNI sport until 2013-2014. Even still coaches at UNI don't like it but realize it is a recruiting tool with some kids.

Haven't had an issue since

NDSUSR
June 1st, 2015, 11:28 PM
but when people bash ISU and our coach, a reality check is appropriate. lot of people spewing a lot of derogatory comments towards our school and program. If you knew Spack and his program, and what he demands of his players .. you would come away with a much different opinion than the nonsense you get here.

We had 2 FBS transfers last season ... one is role model who wouldn't say sh-t f he had a mouthful. The other crossed a line and was dismissed with no fanfare.

so when someone looks down their nose and bashes my coaches integrity, then let's have a balanced debate. And you don't get to decide Bohl's indiscretions and 2nd chance aren't relevant. Otherwise those people can stop bashing our coach and questioning his integrity. The hyporcrisy from Bisonville is off the charts. He was in his 40's when it happened.

Take off the rose clored glasses for ****s sake. ISU is a ****ing joke. Your program is typical of Illinois. Your coach is a joke, your program is a joke and 2015 will be a joke. Bohl has NOTHING to do with ISUs PR issues, but keep hitting it like Coprich hitting a joint and maybe someone will believe you.

Convicted felon, drug dealer. No penalty. Yes, Spack is a joke.

OSBF
June 2nd, 2015, 07:20 AM
No different than problems Shelby Harris went thru.

Seriously dude. HE BEAT UP A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spak suspended a DI football player that beat the **** out of a GIRL for ONE game and then let him back on the team.

"problems Shelby Harris went through"

What a joke

You can't even own that its bad to knock girls around

clenz
June 2nd, 2015, 08:59 AM
The Des Moines Register article was the best, when this happened. They actually detailed what happened, not just his stats like the Currier (which was picked up by the national rounds). It was originally found here: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20111113/SPORTS0207/111113002/1095/Update-UNI-football-player-stabbed-abdomen-officials-confirm

Through the power of message boards, though, quotes from that article are saved...

"He had surgery. Nothing life-threatening," Northern Iowa athletic director Troy Dannen said Sunday afternoon. "I visited him in the hospital this morning. He was in good spirits, but he's sore. Very sore."

A series of disturbances occurred late Saturday night and early Sunday morning in Cedar Falls, including a fight involving 15 to 20 people at the Kwik Star convenience store at 2019 College Street, near campus, according to the Cedar Falls police department.

The police department dispatched seven squad cars to the Kwik Star at 1:02 a.m. Sunday, and an employee at Kwik Star confirmed there was a fight in their parking lot of the store.

Dannen said the incident involving Sonie occurred at a private residence Sonie was visiting after the football game, rather than at the Kwik Star. Dannen said he received an e-mail from Jeff Olson, the Cedar Falls Chief of Police, with information about what happened.

A spokesman at the Cedar Falls police department said all of the disturbances Saturday night and early Sunday morning are related to the same case, which is under investigation. No arrests or charges had been filed as of early Sunday afternoon.

"I have a preliminary report that there was a group of people walking through a neighborhood and stopped at the house that Varmah was at and were asked to leave. That same group was involved at other residences as well," Dannen said.

"It doesn't sound like anything prompted it, other than somebody walked through the neighborhood and tried to be where they're not supposed to be. Varmah was at a private home and had been, and had not been at a bar.

"By all accounts the group that was involved had been involved in some other instances in that same general area throughout the night. It doesn't sound like anything was targeted at football or anything was instigated by Varmah or anything else.

So...again...why would someone who was a victim of gang related activity inside a private residence need to be suspended?

But yeah, you're right. Being stabbed by gang members in a private residence is the same as beating the **** out of a girl....same exact thing.

The sad thing is that you, and most of redbird nation, truly believe that

Bisonator
June 2nd, 2015, 11:52 AM

It's a couple posters that have an issue, most don't really give a **** what or how ISU deals with their issues! You comparing something that's illegal to something that's not is not helping your cause! Either get over the fact that some have differing opinions on how it should be handled or stay off the interweb!xlolx

clenz
June 2nd, 2015, 01:40 PM
Here's the fun part -

There are 3 legit players that Redbird fans could bring up as "UNI in a glass house" but they aren't smart enough to figure out who they are. Also, the funny thing is, even those three players were suspended, lost their scholarship, or were booted from the team...All happened in about a 12 month span

If by tomorrow morning they haven't figured it out yet I will post the players, the arrests, and the punishments.

OSBF
June 2nd, 2015, 02:03 PM
Here's the fun part -

There are 3 legit players that Redbird fans could bring up as "UNI in a glass house" but they aren't smart enough to figure out who they are. Also, the funny thing is, even those three players were suspended, lost their scholarship, or were booted from the team...All happened in about a 12 month span

If by tomorrow morning they haven't figured it out yet I will post the players, the arrests, and the punishments.

You've kinda hinted around the edges here of where I stand with all this sort of crap.

It happens EVERYWHERE.

Kids are kids, and sometimes they make very poor choices, for which there are(should be) consequences

For me, the bigger deal is that the institutional responses are appropriate and consistent

That's all I ask, act accordingly and be consistent

OSBF
June 2nd, 2015, 02:11 PM
Here's the fun part -

I think his name was victor Williams? is that 1 of the 3?

clenz
June 2nd, 2015, 02:13 PM
You've kinda hinted around the edges here of where I stand with all this sort of crap.

It happens EVERYWHERE.

Kids are kids, and sometimes they make very poor choices, for which there are(should be) consequences

For me, the bigger deal is that the institutional responses are appropriate and consistent

That's all I ask, act accordingly and be consistent
At this point that's where I'm at as well.

The legal system played out. Marshaun plead guilty. He is facing his legal ramifications right now.

The institutional responses by ISU, across the board, are wildly inconsistent with it's own policies/enforcement history and peer enforcements

clenz
June 2nd, 2015, 02:15 PM
I think his name was victor Williams? is that 1 of the 3?
Already mentioned. He was one that got "wrongfully" busted with Johnny Gray but still kicked off the team.

These instances happened in the 12 months following that incident. UNI really did hit a rough patch. Johnny was arrested and charged, Victor was arrested though never charged. Then there were 3 other players in the next 12-24 months that had issues. Late 08-early 2010 was a rough patch for UNI.

I can't make it much easier...I've narrowed down the time frame as well.

Bisonoline
June 2nd, 2015, 02:53 PM

You might want to put it in perspective. He was chasing tail. He wasnt selling it.

clenz
June 2nd, 2015, 02:54 PM
You might want to put it in perspective. He was chasing tail. He wasnt selling it.
I have an uncle that is pushing 60...his wife is something like 40

Is that also immoral?

ursus arctos horribilis
June 2nd, 2015, 02:58 PM

Is that also immoral?

1/2 your age plus 7 is the morality line.

Professor Chaos
June 2nd, 2015, 03:01 PM
What about if you're 14? xrotatehx

ursus arctos horribilis
June 2nd, 2015, 03:05 PM
What about if you're 14? xrotatehx

Then you have your whole life ahead of you. You seem much older than that so well done!

clenz
June 2nd, 2015, 03:12 PM
Is that the official morality line though?

I've always heard that but never saw an "official" stance on it.

That gets dicey...

18 year olds can go to 29, by the age rule ((age*2)-7)
BUT a 29 year old can only go to 21.5

Also, I can still morally get those who can't legally buy beer yet! **** yeah!

Trumpster
June 2nd, 2015, 04:28 PM
Is that the official morality line though?

I've always heard that but never saw an "official" stance on it.

That gets dicey...

18 year olds can go to 29, by the age rule ((age*2)-7)
BUT a 29 year old can only go to 21.5

Also, I can still morally get those who can't legally buy beer yet! **** yeah!

Order of operations? My god man
Young ≥ ½*Old +7
Young – 7 ≥ ½*Old
(Young – 7)*2 ≥ Old

Trumpster
June 2nd, 2015, 04:41 PM
Right...

(Age*2-7)
18*2=36
36-7

(Age/2)+7
29/2=14.5
14.5+7=21.5

Doesn't add up, does it?

Do you even attempt to read? The phrase assumes you as the older person.
They say half your age and plus 7. Not twice their age and minus 7.

(Age*2-7) ≠ (Age/2)+7

Redbird 4th & short
June 2nd, 2015, 09:18 PM
Seriously dude. HE BEAT UP A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spak suspended a DI football player that beat the **** out of a GIRL for ONE game and then let him back on the team.

"problems Shelby Harris went through"

What a joke

You can't even own that its bad to knock girls around

what do you really know about that incident ? seriously, what do you KNOW ? I will tell you it didn't happen and that is why it was dismissed and there is no record of it. The very same court system that knew of his entire prior record dismissed that allegation and NOTHING ever happened in court. But it did in FACT cause Spack to kick him from team while the allegation was swirling.

hint .. guess what happens in some pale skinned suburban homes when their little girl "grows up" and parents find out, and they are so disappointed to learn who the dark skinned significant other was.

So again, please tell everyone what you KNOW happened there. Because here are facts supported by public records, or lack thereof ... There was no plea and there is no record in courts for a very good reason. NOTHING happened.

Shelby Harris had issues (college student issues like underage drinking, driving w/o license, minor auto accident he didn't report, and got into a couple fights), which Spack dealt with by suspending him 2 different times before dismissing him from team for something it turns out he didn't do. One suspension was for the biggest game of Spacks tenure to that point in 2011 against UNI. He suspended his all conference DL against UNI knowing the game was critical for ISU's playoff chances. The same DL who was later suspended and then eventually dismissed from team over the allegation that never made it to court because it was completely dismissed and stricken from record.

Yet you have been carrying like it is fact. When in fact, it was dismissed entirely from the record. And the mere allegation caused Spack to kick him from team because of what it looked like, and because of Shelby's track record. So Shelby was guilty until proven innocent for something he didn't even do .. and the presumption of guilt won out. And his career at ISU was done. Yet he stayed in school, kept working out, and got himself drafted into the NFL a year later. The coaches told the NFL scouts all about the "allegation", which was dismissed and stricken from the records.

Now here you are again spewing your hatred toward Spack for something Shelby didn't do. So again, what do you really KNOW happened regarding this girl and Shelby during late 2012 that caused him to be dismissed in Jan 2013 ??? And why is there no record of this in McLean County court records when Spack kicked Shelby from team in January 2013 ??

Redbird 4th & short
June 2nd, 2015, 09:27 PM
It's a couple posters that have an issue, most don't really give a **** what or how ISU deals with their issues! You comparing something that's illegal to something that's not is not helping your cause! Either get over the fact that some have differing opinions on how it should be handled or stay off the interweb!xlolx
that makes no sense. they can have differing opinions, bash my school and coach. But if I have differing opinions, I have to get over or stay off this nuetral site fan board ?? What sense does that even make ? Does that mean I can stay but only if I agree and bash my school and coach .. like OSBF ? Really ?

Redbird 4th & short
June 2nd, 2015, 09:48 PM

so like when he kicked Dunmore and a buddy from team ? that kind of integrity ?

speaking of integrity, clenz .. you never did admit to completely misrepresenting the DE Loud thread. You keep avoiding me on that one .. care to fess up to getting it completely wrong, in a strangely lame attempt to smear our entire fan base ??

come on ... you can do it !!! I mean, come on .. you were completely wrong on that one .. right ?? And it does undermine your credibility, especially the longer you pretend it didn't happen .. right ??

Redbird 4th & short
June 2nd, 2015, 10:07 PM

Is that also immoral?
interesting point .. you obviously thought it thru carefully. So if we learned today, that your current coach was shacking up with a 18-20 year old student .. you're good with that ? Because at some point, if they marry, then 30 years from now, it won't sound so bad any more when you compare their ages.

Got it .. you're sense of morality and ethics are in tact.

Redbird 4th & short
June 2nd, 2015, 10:35 PM
You can google the incident. From the days after the fight. ..

Police Chief Jeff Olson told the Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier on Monday that Sonie attended a private party after the game. He says some people crashed the party, and a fight started when they refused to leave.
http://thegazette.com/2011/11/14/unis-sonie-stabbed-after-others-crashed-party

Public record. He was in a private residence at a private party. Gang members from Waterloo, which were linked to other incidents that night, barged into the party, started a fight and stabbed Sonie.

So as of 7:15am the morning after, the reporting said the stabbing occurred in the KWIK parking lot, not the private residence. So when did the stabbing get moved back to the private residence ? Point being, Sonie went to the KWIK parking lot for a reason .. probably that he was a willing participant. Then he changed the story, presumably when that fact started raise questions of why he left the private residence .. clue 1, story changed .. clue 2, no witnesses.

FYI, Farley granted is pardon at same time as this article early sunday morning before any investigation happened. Remember, there were no witnesses were being questioned. Then his story about where he got stabbed changed later .. why ??

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/update-varmah-sonie-stabbed-after-others-crashed-private-party/article_b9e6c01c-0e0f-11e1-8b7c-001cc4c03286.html

ursus arctos horribilis
June 2nd, 2015, 10:41 PM
intact.

Redbird 4th & short
June 2nd, 2015, 10:45 PM
The Des Moines Register article was the best, when this happened. They actually detailed what happened, not just his stats like the Currier (which was picked up by the national rounds). It was originally found here: http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20111113/SPORTS0207/111113002/1095/Update-UNI-football-player-stabbed-abdomen-officials-confirm

Through the power of message boards, though, quotes from that article are saved...

So...again...why would someone who was a victim of gang related activity inside a private residence need to be suspended?

But yeah, you're right. Being stabbed by gang members in a private residence is the same as beating the **** out of a girl....same exact thing.

The sad thing is that you, and most of redbird nation, truly believe that
yes, the power of message board and the internet. the very first article that came out 7:15am sunday morning said that Sonie said he was stabbed in KWIK parking lot. The story changed later. Police also admitted no witnesses were held for questioning in original article as well . so we are relying on Sonie's version of events .. and it changed. Easier to say you were mugged if your still in private residence, then if you got to KWIK parking lot with the muggers.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/update-varmah-sonie-stabbed-after-others-crashed-private-party/article_b9e6c01c-0e0f-11e1-8b7c-001cc4c03286.html

and just like I called out your dis-credited source OSBF for the slander and defamation he is committing.. show me 1 single article or 1 single court record about Shelby Harris beating the crap out of a "girl". You think her parents were bought out or just decided to forgive and forget ??

clenz or OSBF ... Show me 1 shred of any evidence that OSBF alleged about Shelby Harris beating the crap out of a "girl". Surely there is some article, some court record .. something besides OSBF carrying on and on about this allegation that was completely dismissed and stricken from police and court records.

Or stop spewing your completely unsubstantiated lies and allegations in public while you hide like a coward behind your ability to post anonymously.

until then .. you have no credibility and should be ashamed of how easily you are lead astray .. all so you can bash a rival school and coach.

Get a life and find something less toxic to do with your free time .. such high moral standards you claim, while you quickly accuse, and in some case commit slander and defamation with so little regard for facts.

p.s. the irony of people who expect me or anyone to allow this bashing to go on and not dispute what I know not to be true. Note, i did not dispute the rest of Shelby's record (underage drinking, driving w/o license, leaving scene of minor accident, and then 2 fights), nor did I question Spack dismissing him from team.

gotts
June 2nd, 2015, 10:52 PM
Slow down and take a breath, hombre.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 2nd, 2015, 11:07 PM
Slow down and take a breath, hombre.

Yeah, his hypersensitive nature is making me start to go the other way.

Redbird 4th & short
June 2nd, 2015, 11:10 PM
just playing catch up and responding in kind .. please show some appreciation for people who like to deal in facts.

Bisonoline
June 2nd, 2015, 11:20 PM
interesting point .. you obviously thought it thru carefully. So if we learned today, that your current coach was shacking up with a 18-20 year old student .. you're good with that ? Because at some point, if they marry, then 30 years from now, it won't sound so bad any more when you compare their ages.

Got it .. you're sense of morality and ethics are in tact.

WTF are you talking about?

ursus arctos horribilis
June 2nd, 2015, 11:36 PM
WTF are you talking about?

That one was way out in left field to me as well.

18-20 yr. girls are attractive for the most part so drop the morality BS. It ain't illegal it's not really even that shameful to most people as far as I've ever known. Holy Christ it was the average age of nearly every Playboy centerfold since it's inception.

Hey a 40 yr. old guy is banging some 20 yr. old? Good for him if he can put up with the cultural differences.

PantherRob82
June 3rd, 2015, 12:51 AM
WTF. Why did I read these last few pages? xlolx

TheKingpin28
June 3rd, 2015, 01:13 AM
Hey a 40 yr. old guy is banging some 20 yr. old? Good for him if he can put up with the cultural differences.

This

OSBF
June 3rd, 2015, 07:42 AM
hint .. guess what happens in some pale skinned suburban homes when their little girl "grows up" and parents find out, and they are so disappointed to learn who the dark skinned significant other was.

Now here you are again spewing your hatred toward Spack

REALLY?????????????????

I had to re-read this a couple of times to be sure I was seeing what my brain was telling me I just saw

You played the race card?????????? SERIOUSLY

So you're saying he got in trouble because the big bad black man knocked around the tiny little white girl from the suburbs but had he been white, no problem?

I have no personal opinion of spak as I don't know him

I neither "hate" as you say nor "like" the man

I know it appears he's 1 hell of a football coach and sometimes uses questionable moral/ethical methods to get there

I don't have much use for convicted felons or girl beaters, but what the hell, that's the way ILS rolls these days

clenz
June 3rd, 2015, 08:28 AM
REALLY?????????????????

I had to re-read this a couple of times to be sure I was seeing what my brain was telling me I just saw

So you're saying he got in trouble because the big bad black man knocked around the tiny little white girl from the suburbs but had he been white, no problem?

I know it appears he's 1 hell of a football coach and sometimes uses questionable moral/ethical methods to get there

I don't have much use for convicted felons or girl beaters, but what the hell, that's the way ILS rolls these days
Same guy that believes Marshaun plead guilty and was arrested because he was black.

I mean...are you really surprised?

UNIFanSince1983
June 3rd, 2015, 01:23 PM
Why is this still going on?

Why are you people continuing to argue morals? This is asinine.

clenz
June 3rd, 2015, 02:16 PM
We are now 1.5 hrs past the deadline for ISU fans to actually find the UNI athletes that have had actual legal problems at UNI...you know, the whole glass house thing.

1. Zach Davis, back up QB - Got a OWI in 2009. and was suspended. His DUI is no longer on his record because he completed 1 year of probation....still got suspended. He never finished his career at UNI. Between this suspension and some issues with him being a grade A douche nozzle he left the team before the end of his career....and there was zero effort to change his mind by the coaches.

2. Misha Danilov, starting OL - was a passenger in a vehicle that was pulled over in July of 2009. During that stop both drivers were given tickets for "possession of drug paraphernalia". 3 days later, July 23rd 2009 he plead NOT GUILTY to the charge. He was suspended, made public, August 25th 2009 for the season opener vs Iowa State. In December of 2009 all charges against him were dismissed....he was still suspended though...not even possesion of dugs...possessions of things that could be related to drugs.

Here's the one I really thought you would have picked up on..

3. Evan Tecklenburg - 1. First arrest happened in late 08ish on an OWI. He was suspended, per university policy, for that arrest. In July 2009 he was the driver of the vehicle that Misha Danilov was in. He was also cited for possession of drug paraphernalia. That was strike two for him. He LOST HIS SCHOLARSHIP and was suspended multiple games. Again, didn't even have drugs on them. To be honest, it happened about 600 feet from where I was living at the time...they were busted for having roach clips and papers. He entered a written plea of not guilty the same time as Misha, turns out Evan is the one that it actually belong too so Misha had his charges dropped and Evan requested a trial...some evidence showed up and he changed his plea to guilty in Dec 2009. Spring 2010 rolls around he is pulled over once again for OWI. He is instantly booted from the team.

Tecklenburg should have been booted LONG before he was. He had too many flags coming out of HS - multiple speeding tickets, leaving the scene of an accident, etc... I was all for letting him go after his second incident. Twice in 8 months you find yourself in cuffs and you don't belong on a D1 football field anymore.

JSUBison
June 3rd, 2015, 02:45 PM

xlolx

OSBF
June 3rd, 2015, 03:13 PM

offseason blues

BisonTru
June 3rd, 2015, 03:25 PM
http://www.wjbc.com/2015/06/03/isu-ad-coprich-paying-a-price-following-drug-arrest/

Local radio interview with the ISU AD. Talks MC at the 3' mark.

clenz
June 3rd, 2015, 03:49 PM
http://www.wjbc.com/2015/06/03/isu-ad-coprich-paying-a-price-following-drug-arrest/

Local radio interview with the ISU AD. Talks MC at the 3' mark.
And at this point if "paying the penalty to the football team and university" doesn't include a suspension then there is something wrong with the universities policy.

But, as already been pointed out, we all know the ISU policies are broken to let athletes stay on the field

Sycamore62
June 3rd, 2015, 04:22 PM
Man, Ive been too busy lately to see a wonderful thread like this.

Ill let you in on a secret. You all have players smoking and dealing weed.

Id probably suspend in for the Oct 31 game

clenz
June 3rd, 2015, 04:25 PM
Man, Ive been too busy lately to see a wonderful thread like this.

Ill let you in on a secret. You all have players smoking and dealing weed.

Id probably suspend in for the Oct 31 game
Believe it or not, no one is oblivious to this.

The difference is - and there is a difference - any player currently doing it at UNI is smart enough to not sell to a cop. The first one to do it has about a 2% chance to stay on the team.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 3rd, 2015, 04:34 PM

The difference is - and there is a difference - any player currently doing it at UNI is smart enough to not sell to a cop. The first one to do it has about a 2% chance to stay on the team.

Oh well then as I said before you are obviously a better person because you follow a team with smarter criminals and if they get caught you do a much better job preparing them for life with your lessons you dole out. xlolx

Sounds to me like they got it handled so I'll trust that they will make the best decisions they can knowing what they do about the situation.

Redbird 4th & short
June 3rd, 2015, 05:57 PM
REALLY?????????????????

OSBF ... so you have nothing to support your claim that Shelby Harris beat up a girl .. newspaper article or court record .. anything ??

you and clenz are sure slow to responding to being called out for BS. and so quick to accuse or prone to believe anything anyone spews, so long as it fits the picture you want to paint of ISU and Spack.

but why let truth and facts get in the way of a good bashing.

clenz
June 3rd, 2015, 07:35 PM
I'll research to prove your guy innocent when you can prove the uni player guilty.

Also, if he didn't do anything why was he suspended and booted? Seems strange, no?

Sycamore62
June 3rd, 2015, 10:16 PM

It wasn't a cop. It was a controlled buy. Probably a guy who got busted and looking at real prison time started telling the police he could buy some weed off of a guy.

Its also a class 4 felony in illinois to lie to the police or have a fake ID

Redbird 4th & short
June 3rd, 2015, 10:54 PM
I'll research to prove your guy innocent when you can prove the uni player guilty.

Also, if he didn't do anything why was he suspended and booted? Seems strange, no?

already explained this .. he was on thin ice and spack couldn't have known that the charge would eventually be dismissed and all records expunged.

OSBF is good at scouring court records and articles ... he has nothing to substantiate that Shelby beat up his girl friend or assaulted her in any way. 100% dismissed and expunged, but Spack had already kicked him from team due to prior team violations.

I hope facts matter at least somewhat to people here who just love to bask ISU and Spack because he like FBS transfers.

Early in Spacks tenure at ISU, we were playing Northwestern and a journalist decided to look into all the ISU FBS transfers. Here is that article and journalist conclusion .. note, he was looking for dirt obviously.

http://www.insidenu.com/2010/9/9/1677050/are-isus-fbs-ers-bs-a-look-at

PantherRob82
June 4th, 2015, 12:27 AM
Spack was late on his rent once and ISU turned a blind eye. Turns out his landlord was black and couldn't afford a lawyer to prove the rent was late.

Typical Redbirds. xcoffeex

BisonBacker
June 8th, 2015, 04:52 PM
haven't read the whole thread and won't waste my time. Just a pathetic read in the news on how ISU handled this whole situation. I guess student code of conduct means nothing at ISU.

centennial
June 8th, 2015, 05:17 PM
haven't read the whole thread and won't waste my time. Just a pathetic read in the news on how ISU handled this whole situation. I guess student code of conduct means nothing at ISU.
Can we just let this thread die?

BisonBacker
June 9th, 2015, 01:48 PM
Can we just let this thread die?

I've been pretty inactive on the site. That was my first and only comment in the entire thread. Just getting in my xtwocentsx

REALBird
June 10th, 2015, 03:25 PM
Spack was late on his rent once and ISU turned a blind eye. Turns out his landlord was black and couldn't afford a lawyer to prove the rent was late.

Typical Redbirds. xcoffeex

WTF????????

ursus arctos horribilis
June 10th, 2015, 03:46 PM
WTF????????

Dude, come on...

NDSUSR
June 10th, 2015, 11:58 PM
Seriously... How stupid are redbird fans? Or are they all just high?

PantherRob82
June 11th, 2015, 12:14 AM
WTF????????

Dude, come on...

xlolx

BisonFan02
June 11th, 2015, 08:03 AM
xlolx

WTF?!?!?+??!27$!($?

:D

BisonBacker
June 11th, 2015, 09:34 AM
xpopcornx

Redbird 4th & short
June 13th, 2015, 08:34 AM
Same guy that believes Marshaun plead guilty and was arrested because he was black.

I mean...are you really surprised?

clenz .. that makes no sense whatsoever

osbf .. i never said or inferred Shelby got in trouble or targeted simply because he is black. The reference to his race was simply my speculation as to why the girl made up the story under pressure from parents. Fact is, the relationship was consensual .. and Shelby did not "beat up a girl" .. no matter how many times you say it.

In fact, he was 100% exonerated and all court and policy records were expunged .. right ? No records or articles anywhere ? Despite all the other court records on all the other stupid college student stuff he did. Spack couldn't know for sure what happened initially, so he dismissed him ... for something it turns out he didn't even do, because of his track record doing stupid college student stuff.

OSBF ... Still waiting for a shred of evidence from you. If it happened, why is there nothing out there .. no newspaper article, no court records, no nothing .. yet you keep shooting your big mouth off making slanderous unsupported claims .. just so you can bash Spack some more.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 13th, 2015, 08:48 AM
clenz .. that makes no sense whatsoever

osbf .. i never said or inferred Shelby got in trouble or targeted simply because he is black. The reference to his race was simply my speculation as to why the girl made up the story under pressure from parents. Fact is, the relationship was consensual .. and Shelby did not "beat up a girl" .. no matter how many times you say it.

In fact, he was 100% exonerated and all court and policy records were expunged .. right ? No records or articles anywhere ? Despite all the other court records on all the other stupid college student stuff he did. Spack couldn't know for sure what happened initially, so he dismissed him ... for something it turns out he didn't even do, because of his track record doing stupid college student stuff.

OSBF ... Still waiting for a shred of evidence from you. If it happened, why is there nothing out there .. no newspaper article, no court records, no nothing .. yet you keep shooting your big mouth off making slanderous unsupported claims .. just so you can bash Spack some more.

actually, since this is a somewhat printed medium, it would be libelous.

NDSUSR
June 13th, 2015, 11:16 PM
Puff puff pass......

Then.....

http://static.caloriecount.about.com/images/medium/funyuns-onion-flavored-rings-29070.jpg

NDSUSR
June 13th, 2015, 11:19 PM
actually, since this is a somewhat printed medium, it would be libelous.

Why is it that Nodaks always know the difference between slander and libel?

ursus arctos horribilis
June 13th, 2015, 11:32 PM
Why is it that Nodaks always know the difference between slander and libel?

Well, it's probably something you'd need to know or be familiar with in his profession.

NDSUSR
June 14th, 2015, 12:28 AM
Well, it's probably something you'd need to know or be familiar with in his profession.

I mean North Dakotans as a whole. They all seem to know the difference. Its kind of weird.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 14th, 2015, 01:59 AM
I mean North Dakotans as a whole. They all seem to know the difference. Its kind of weird.

Oh hell, I didn't even pick up on that. xlolx

Gotcha now.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 14th, 2015, 08:39 AM

It's all our book learnin'

clenz
June 14th, 2015, 03:06 PM
When you spend as much time on the Internet trolling, hating commenting, flaming, etc... you naturally learn it because it becomes a necessity as a fan base to avoid legal issues down the road.

It's actually what those petitions NDSU players got paid to forge signatures on was about a year or two ago..

PantherRob82
June 14th, 2015, 10:46 PM
The reason Coprich got off was because he was actually white like that NAACP lady in Spokane.

GoneFishing
June 15th, 2015, 08:09 AM
The reason Coprich got off was because he was actually white like that NAACP lady in Spokane.
That is funny!

clenz
June 18th, 2015, 08:52 AM
I know this thread needs to die, but I have an honest question for those ISU fans right now.

Should Antonio Allen have been kicked off Indiana's team? I mean, the legal system hasn't played it out yet. For all we know he was charged with shady evidence and set up because he is black and an athlete - the two things cops target most. Maybe he was trying to pay the bills and this was a one time thing he had never done before and wouldn't ever do again.

I know I wrote those with a sarcastic tone behind them, but I'm genuinely curious. All of the reasons given for not rushing to judgement on a nearly identical situation should apply here, right?

For those that haven't heard...

http://www.kwwl.com/story/29351091/2015/06/18/big-10-football-player-charged-with-dealing-heroin

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. (KWWL) -
A Big 10 football player has been kicked off his team and now faces serious charges.

He's accused of dealing heroin and cocaine.

Antonio Allen led Indiana in tackles last year and was expected to be a key player on this year's team. He was arrested within a block of the football stadium in Bloomington.

Court documents show Indiana State Police worked with an informant who bought drugs from Allen twice.

"I'm an IU graduate. We're all Hoosiers around here. We all get behind our teams and want them to do good. He's 20 years old. Now that he's an adult, he's going to have to answer for these charges and it's very sad," said Sgt. Curt Durnil, Indiana State Police.

If he's convicted, Allen faces 10 to 30 years in prison on each charge he faces.

It's interesting to see how Allen is being called an adult by everyone talking about him, yet Coprich was/is called a kid even though he is older and married.

Bisonator
June 18th, 2015, 12:05 PM
I know this thread needs to die, but I have an honest question for those ISU fans right now.

Should Antonio Allen have been kicked off Indiana's team? I mean, the legal system hasn't played it out yet. For all we know he was charged with shady evidence and set up because he is black and an athlete - the two things cops target most. Maybe he was trying to pay the bills and this was a one time thing he had never done before and wouldn't ever do again.

I know I wrote those with a sarcastic tone behind them, but I'm genuinely curious. All of the reasons given for not rushing to judgement on a nearly identical situation should apply here, right?

It's interesting to see how Allen is being called an adult by everyone talking about him, yet Coprich was/is called a kid even though he is older and married.

Your equating weed to heroin and cocaine?

clenz
June 18th, 2015, 12:24 PM
Your equating weed to heroin and cocaine?
Alleged...

What I'm getting at is the legal system hasn't proven anything against him yet. That was the biggest thing for ISU fans. The courts hadn't played out. The informant was unreliable. There's more to the story.

I was assume ISU fans would take the same approach to this...they would have to...right?

ursus arctos horribilis
June 18th, 2015, 01:18 PM
clenz, you try real hard to have the last word on everything and prove yourself correct or whatever you'd like to think of it as.

Let's just say you had the last word on this one and that you are most definitely the most correct opinion on the matter...you good now?

Cool, good win!xthumbsupx

clenz
June 18th, 2015, 02:02 PM
clenz, you try real hard to have the last word on everything and prove yourself correct or whatever you'd like to think of it as.

Let's just say you had the last word on this one and that you are most definitely the most correct opinion on the matter...you good now?

Cool, good win!xthumbsupx
My wife describes me as a puppy with a bone...

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20141129170322/youtubepoop/images/e/ed/Drugs_are_bad.jpg

http://www.happydogphoenix.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Dog-with-bone-2-500x380.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
June 18th, 2015, 03:44 PM
It's not the way I would describe the personality disorder but if that's how she rationalizes it then it's fine by me.xthumbsupx

Rollbird5
June 18th, 2015, 06:02 PM

Police found a Colt .45 handgun, 47 grams of cocaine, 13 grams of heroin, three half-smoked blunts, he sold twice to an informant with the firearm, and also was selling mephamphetamines. Two level two felonies and also the mephamphetamine charge, as well as possession of cocaine and heroin, so I would say that's a tiny bit worse than the isu situation so I'd say his dismissal is appropriate.

Redbird 4th & short
June 18th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Alleged...

What I'm getting at is the legal system hasn't proven anything against him yet. That was the biggest thing for ISU fans. The courts hadn't played out. The informant was unreliable. There's more to the story.

I was assume ISU fans would take the same approach to this...they would have to...right?
clenz ... guns, heroin, cocaine, etc .. and now you want to give guy benefit of the doubt ? And compare this to Coprich selling small amount of weed.

i don't think you could possibly be more blatant in your bias against ISU. And your not even smart or self aware enough to read your own posts and see something so obvious .. and then keep posting your nonsense like your helping society or something.

p.s. still waiting for you to fess up about your complete mis-representation of the Redbird thread on Marcus Loud DE.

PantherRob82
June 18th, 2015, 11:38 PM
clenz ... guns, heroin, cocaine, etc .. and now you want to give guy benefit of the doubt ? And compare this to Coprich selling small amount of weed.

i don't think you could possibly be more blatant in your bias against ISU. And your not even smart or self aware enough to read your own posts and see something so obvious .. and then keep posting your nonsense like your helping society or something.

p.s. still waiting for you to fess up about your complete mis-representation of the Redbird thread on Marcus Loud DE.

LOfnL......YOUR not smart? xlolx xlolx xlolx

*you're

I don't feel the need to correct grammar on a message board, but that is hilarious. Too good, man.

NDSUSR
June 18th, 2015, 11:43 PM
Lol...

Redbird 4th & short
June 19th, 2015, 07:02 AM
LOfnL......YOUR not smart? xlolx xlolx xlolx

*you're

I don't feel the need to correct grammar on a message board, but that is hilarious. Too good, man.
oh man .. you really got me there.

and nice follow up point from ndsusr

p.s. might be time to think about growing up children

clenz
June 19th, 2015, 08:26 AM

I'm not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt.

Both were arrested on felony drug charges.

One was apparently only arrested because he was black and had never done it before and we needed to wait until the legal process played out until we had an opinion.

For all we know he didn't sell what he's accused of and the guns weren't his.

We really should wait until the legal system plays out, right?

Or is it because he isn't your player you think there's no reason to wait.

How long until he's in a ISU uniform for a year being defended as a "kid who made a mistake and deserves another shot" then gets in legal issues at ISU again and defended because racism and "he's a good kid"

Professor Chaos
June 19th, 2015, 08:42 AM
http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah120/tplesuk111/GetABrain_zpskxgqbkij.jpg

BisonFan02
June 19th, 2015, 10:23 AM
http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah120/tplesuk111/GetABrain_zpskxgqbkij.jpg

Looks like that guy had a bitchin' time in Frisco tailgating. xlolx I wonder if he had tickets or was led astray by a Bison fan.

Redbird 4th & short
June 20th, 2015, 08:48 AM
I'm not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt.

Both were arrested on felony drug charges.

One was apparently only arrested because he was black and had never done it before and we needed to wait until the legal process played out until we had an opinion.

For all we know he didn't sell what he's accused of and the guns weren't his.

We really should wait until the legal system plays out, right?

Or is it because he isn't your player you think there's no reason to wait.

How long until he's in a ISU uniform for a year being defended as a "kid who made a mistake and deserves another shot" then gets in legal issues at ISU again and defended because racism and "he's a good kid"
clenz . you said the situations were "nearly identical" and then asked ISU fans to explain if the Indiana kid deserved same lenience or benefit of doubt as Coprich, which can only infer you mean at comparable stages of each case.

Couple clarifications .. first.. I didn't say Coprich was targeted because he was black. Others inferred it COULD have played a role. The main issue of race was that couple of others (not me) commented that the McLean County law enforcement and legal system might not give him a fair shake because he is black .. SHOCKING ?? Not really. But it does the beg the question why it took several weeks to arrest him. My only further speculation was that Coprich may have been more willing to settle because of this and possibly didn't have funds to defend himself, and was also eligible for first time offender program. It's not at all a stretch for someone in this situation to plea in this way.

Second .. you may have lost track of. I certainly have defended Spack's integrity and the level discipline within his program, including his ability to deal with FBS transfers and problem kids looking for 2nd chance - Shelby Harris is a prime example no matter how many times OSBF tells you Shelby "beat a girl" and can't offer I shred of corroborating info. But I also said here and many times on redbird fan board that I believe Coprich should get a 1 game suspension. And I'm not happy in this instance with the explanations offered regarding Coprich's extenuating circumstances.

But back to your false choice/comparison .. no, the situations are most certainly not identical. They don't even compare on any level. It goes back to my speeding analogy. There is a HUGE difference between some how goes 10 mph over speed limit and one who goes 30 mph over .. right ?? Of course there is. They both may be guilty, for sure ... but there is no comparison. Ad to that the guy who is caught speeding the first time going 10 mph over and the guy caught for 3rd time going 30 mph over .. right ?? of course there is a difference. And the consequences should most certainly reflect this.

p.s someone please check my punctuation, I know some here thinks thats the real point.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 20th, 2015, 01:34 PM
clenz . you said the situations were "nearly identical" and then asked ISU fans to explain if the Indiana kid deserved same lenience or benefit of doubt as Coprich, which can only infer you mean at comparable stages of each case.

Couple clarifications .. first.. I didn't say Coprich was targeted because he was black. Others inferred it COULD have played a role. The main issue of race was that couple of others (not me) commented that the McLean County law enforcement and legal system might not give him a fair shake because he is black .. SHOCKING ?? Not really. But it does the beg the question why it took several weeks to arrest him. My only further speculation was that Coprich may have been more willing to settle because of this and possibly didn't have funds to defend himself, and was also eligible for first time offender program. It's not at all a stretch for someone in this situation to plea in this way.

Second .. you may have lost track of. I certainly have defended Spack's integrity and the level discipline within his program, including his ability to deal with FBS transfers and problem kids looking for 2nd chance - Shelby Harris is a prime example no matter how many times OSBF tells you Shelby "beat a girl" and can't offer I shred of corroborating info. But I also said here and many times on redbird fan board that I believe Coprich should get a 1 game suspension. And I'm not happy in this instance with the explanations offered regarding Coprich's extenuating circumstances.

But back to your false choice/comparison .. no, the situations are most certainly not identical. They don't even compare on any level. It goes back to my speeding analogy. There is a HUGE difference between some how goes 10 mph over speed limit and one who goes 30 mph over .. right ?? Of course there is. They both may be guilty, for sure ... but there is no comparison. Ad to that the guy who is caught speeding the first time going 10 mph over and the guy caught for 3rd time going 30 mph over .. right ?? of course there is a difference. And the consequences should most certainly reflect this.

p.s someone please check my punctuation, I know some here thinks thats the real point.

When you are calling other people dumb etc. and make a dumb mistake it gets pointed out because it's funny to see. That was the point which you apparently missed. I'd like you to be clear on what was intimated going forward just so you know.

Don't worry, I make those sorts of mistakes all the time. Try not to take things so personally, it's a bit effeminate in it's passive/aggressive styling.

Redbird 4th & short
June 20th, 2015, 05:32 PM
When you are calling other people dumb etc. and make a dumb mistake it gets pointed out because it's funny to see. That was the point which you apparently missed. I'd like you to be clear on what was intimated going forward just so you know.

Don't worry, I make those sorts of mistakes all the time. Try not to take things so personally, it's a bit effeminate in it's passive/aggressive styling.
i didn't miss it the irony of the typo or the post .. just found it to be a stupid response and yet another evasive smoke screen

And why do you presume I'm being defensive .. not at all being or feeling defensive. Just sparring with a couple of idiots who like to bash my school and coach, with no regard for facts or being accountable for what they say.

as for your observation about me being effeminate and passive/aggressive .. just a tad presumptuous and condescending, you think ?

clenz, ndsusr and osbf are full of crap, and refuse to be held accountable or respond specifically when I call them out for their BS .. nothing personal.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 20th, 2015, 05:38 PM
4th and bitchy, at it again.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 20th, 2015, 06:03 PM
i didn't miss it the irony of the typo or the post .. just found it to be a stupid response and yet another evasive smoke screen

And why do you presume I'm being defensive .. not at all being or feeling defensive. Just sparring with a couple of idiots who like to bash my school and coach, with no regard for facts or being accountable for what they say.

as for your observation about me being effeminate and passive/aggressive .. just a tad presumptuous and condescending, you think ?

clenz, ndsusr and osbf are full of crap, and refuse to be held accountable or respond specifically when I call them out for their BS .. nothing personal.

It just seems a bit hypersensitive is all. I could be wrong. You went to the trouble of editing to throw that last line so it seemed a bit like the ol' Pass/Agg move there is all. Being overly sensitive just makes you an easy target for trolling so do as you wish.xthumbsupx

NDSUSR
June 20th, 2015, 10:07 PM

Where and when did you call me out? Coprich is a drug dealer. Dont we all agree?

Thundar
June 20th, 2015, 10:40 PM
I can't believe people are still arguing about this, what's done is done. He needs to keep his nose clean from here out, unless ISU is totally without discipline he has to be on a short leash

gotts
June 20th, 2015, 10:42 PM
Remember that one time when we all discussed this civilly?

Yeah, me either.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
June 20th, 2015, 11:08 PM
I can't believe people are still arguing about this, what's done is done. He needs to keep his nose clean from here out, unless ISU is totally without discipline he has to be on a short leash

Indeed xthumbsupx

I'm looking forward to seeing Coprich play this year. Hopefully he keeps himself straight thus proving what happened recently is nothing more than a really dumb isolated screw-up.

NoDak 4 Ever
June 21st, 2015, 12:18 AM
Indeed xthumbsupx

I'm looking forward to seeing Coprich play this year. Hopefully he keeps himself straight thus proving what happened recently is nothing more than a really dumb isolated screw-up.

I was a dumb kid.

I rear ended my friend lightly while cruising Broadway in my mom's car. I never sold weed to a cop.

344Johnson
June 21st, 2015, 01:53 AM
I was a dumb kid.

I rear ended my friend lightly while cruising Broadway in my mom's car. I never sold weed to a cop.

Damn near did the same tonight.... The car thing not the weed thing.

This dude probably shouldn't be on the team anymore

clenz
June 21st, 2015, 08:35 AM
I hope there's a cut out Mr. Mackey at ever road game right behind the ISU bench.

Be real funny if someone did it to him in Normal

Redbird 4th & short
June 21st, 2015, 09:36 AM
It just seems a bit hypersensitive is all. I could be wrong. You went to the trouble of editing to throw that last line so it seemed a bit like the ol' Pass/Agg move there is all. Being overly sensitive just makes you an easy target for trolling so do as you wish.xthumbsupx
hypersensitive is probably better way to describe my posts. But I didn't come here to make friends or do light hearted banter., nor do I intend to stay. I read this thread and took issue with people who have no problem bashing the integrity of our school, our FB program, and our coach .. but you will note I only took issue with the people who misrepresent facts or jump to conclusions with little info. Check my posts .. just calling out the people with misinformation or illogical reasoning to rationalize another reason to bash ISU and Spack.

So I just look at it as simply punching back. And find it very amusing that people who don't like to be held accountable for what they say, would rather dwell on me punching back, than the point being argued .. which is just another smoke screen to avoid being held accountable. That is why I took the punctuation post the way I did .. just another smoke screen.

Bottom line .. the ISU bashers here just want to think what they want to think no matter what really happened. Trust me, Spack has his critics over on Redbird fan board over his tenure at ISU. But it was nearly unanimous there that OSBF is not credible or objective, and has some agenda or vendetta with Spack. People who know him and his identity there even called him out, and wondered what his problem is.

So he stopped posting for most part, then comes here and makes lots of friends and disseminates misinformation that gets eaten up with no one fact checking. Case in point .. Shelby Harris being falsely accused of beating a girl ... and OSBF could care less that it did not happen. Doesn't fit the picture he wants to paint of Spack and ISU football. Then people like Clenz, NDSUSR, and ND 4ever eat it up and pile on. Then are dismissive and evasive when you try to argue facts or reason.

not personal for me at all .. just punching back for my school.

PantherRob82
June 21st, 2015, 10:57 AM
oh man .. you really got me there.

and nice follow up point from ndsusr

p.s. might be time to think about growing up children

I really did. Let me explain it to you: you told someone else they weren't smart while doing one of the least intelligent things possible.

Also, I agree we should grow up children. Leaving them small seems mean. UNLESS you meant:"grow up, children". I'm not sure why you think improper grammar is mature, but your entire existence on this message board for the past year shows that maybe you need to grow up. It's a message board, don't get so worked up. ;)

PantherRob82
June 21st, 2015, 11:01 AM

Not knowing the proper usage of a word is not a typo.

PantherRob82
June 21st, 2015, 11:06 AM
hypersensitive is probably better way to describe my posts. But I didn't come here to make friends or do light hearted banter., nor do I intend to stay. I read this thread and took issue with people who have no problem bashing the integrity of our school, our FB program, and our coach .. but you will note I only took issue with the people who misrepresent facts or jump to conclusions with little info. Check my posts .. just calling out the people with misinformation or illogical reasoning to rationalize another reason to bash ISU and Spack.

So I just look at it as simply punching back. And find it very amusing that people who don't like to be held accountable for what they say, would rather dwell on me punching back, than the point being argued .. which is just another smoke screen to avoid being held accountable. That is why I took the punctuation post the way I did .. just another smoke screen.

Bottom line .. the ISU bashers here just want to think what they want to think no matter what really happened. Trust me, Spack has his critics over on Redbird fan board over his tenure at ISU. But it was nearly unanimous there that OSBF is not credible or objective, and has some agenda or vendetta with Spack. People who know him and his identity there even called him out, and wondered what his problem is.

So he stopped posting for most part, then comes here and makes lots of friends and disseminates misinformation that gets eaten up with no one fact checking. Case in point .. Shelby Harris being falsely accused of beating a girl ... and OSBF could care less that it did not happen. Doesn't fit the picture he wants to paint of Spack and ISU football. Then people like Clenz, NDSUSR, and ND 4ever eat it up and pile on. Then are dismissive and evasive when you try to argue facts or reason.

not personal for me at all .. just punching back for my school.

You said you were leaving a long time ago and are still here. That shows exactly how worked up you are. The length of your posts confirms it.

In what world do you think that repeatedly typing you the same rebuttal to this situation makes any kind of difference? Punching back for your school? xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 21st, 2015, 11:09 AM
I haven't read the latest on this. Did Spack suspend him for any games? Or are there no consequences for his drug dealing, as it pertains to the team?

PantherRob82
June 21st, 2015, 11:23 AM
I haven't read the latest on this. Did Spack suspend him for any games? Or are there no consequences for his drug dealing, as it pertains to the team?

Spack sent him to Schnucks for a 6 pack of Woodchuck Cider and he is now cleared to play.

JayJ79
June 21st, 2015, 03:28 PM
I was a dumb kid.

texting while driving is bad enough. now you're having buttsex while driving? for shame

NoDak 4 Ever
June 21st, 2015, 03:28 PM
texting while driving is bad enough. now you're having buttsex while driving? for shame

It was 25 years ago so there wasn't much else to do.

veinup
June 21st, 2015, 06:54 PM
In my opinion selling illegal drugs, regardless if he's had a "big issue" in the past, is punishable by dismissal.

If he was selling crack or something maybe, but we're talking about a relatively small amount of weed here. No big deal IMO.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 21st, 2015, 07:42 PM
If he was selling crack or something maybe, but we're talking about a relatively small amount of weed here. No big deal IMO.

Isn't it sort of a big deal....it is illegal to do so?

NDSUSR
June 21st, 2015, 10:30 PM

I do agree, but the law is the law. He knew that when he sold it. Not something I would jeopardize my future nfl contract over.

veinup
June 22nd, 2015, 09:44 AM
you're both right, of course he broke the law, made a stupid decision, etc. no arguing that.

i'm just looking forward to the day when marijuana isn't so unjustly demonized. selling pot to an adult IS a crime, i understand, but it SHOULDNT be. that's the thing that frustrates me about this case. compared to drunk driving for example, which plenty of students do, isn't treated nearly as harshly as selling weed when it's a far more severe crime. the kid broke the rules, i'd give him a game or two suspension and that's it. sad to see so much controversy over such a minor crime in this day and age.

clenz
June 22nd, 2015, 10:43 AM
you're both right, of course he broke the law, made a stupid decision, etc. no arguing that.

i'm just looking forward to the day when marijuana isn't so unjustly demonized. selling pot to an adult IS a crime, i understand, but it SHOULDNT be. that's the thing that frustrates me about this case. compared to drunk driving for example, which plenty of students do, isn't treated nearly as harshly as selling weed when it's a far more severe crime. the kid broke the rules, i'd give him a game or two suspension and that's it. sad to see so much controversy over such a minor crime in this day and age.
It doesn't matter if you think weed *should* be legal. That's not the legal precedent. I think I should be able to drive 80MPH on my way to and from work, doesn't mean that the speed limit should be 80 instead of 65, and 55 on some parts.

Drunk driving is an automatic suspension, at least at UNI - at least 10% of your season no questions asked on your first offense, with the coach/AD having the ability to add more depending on the facts of the case. I can't speak for other schools.

Having worked in the family service field with kids in broken homes with rampant drug abuse it's not a "minor crime" in a lot of cases. By selling to the vast majority of people that buy weed are spending the little money they have on drugs rather than proper food, clothing, housing, bills, etc... that makes a huge impact on kids. That's not always the case, obviously. The ripple impact of each transaction isn't as small as we'd like to think.

He was suspended for 11 days during non-football time and within a hour or two of taking the "guilty deferred judgment" plea was completely reinstated to the team and, as of now, faces no game time suspension for said actions.

The issue any of us has had isn't that he sold weed, other than that it's illegal. The issue is the apparent lack of punishment for the crime by the university, especially when the university is known (widely known to other MVC all sports fans) to give extremely light punishments, if any at all. It's also that the punishment isn't existent because of who he is. On this very thread ISU fans admitted if it was a back up OL he should be gone and Spack would have dismissed him.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 22nd, 2015, 10:51 AM
It doesn't matter if you think weed *should* be legal. That's not the legal precedent. I think I should be able to drive 80MPH on my way to and from work, doesn't mean that the speed limit should be 80 instead of 65, and 55 on some parts.

Drunk driving is an automatic suspension, at least at UNI - at least 10% of your season no questions asked on your first offense, with the coach/AD having the ability to add more depending on the facts of the case. I can't speak for other schools.

Having worked in the family service field with kids in broken homes with rampant drug abuse it's not a "minor crime" in a lot of cases. By selling to the vast majority of people that buy weed are spending the little money they have on drugs rather than proper food, clothing, housing, bills, etc... that makes a huge impact on kids. That's not always the case, obviously. The ripple impact of each transaction isn't as small as we'd like to think.

He was suspended for 11 days during non-football time and within a hour or two of taking the "guilty deferred judgment" plea was completely reinstated to the team and, as of now, faces no game time suspension for said actions.

The issue any of us has had isn't that he sold weed, other than that it's illegal. The issue is the apparent lack of punishment for the crime by the university, especially when the university is known (widely known to other MVC all sports fans) to give extremely light punishments, if any at all. It's also that the punishment isn't existent because of who he is. On this very thread ISU fans admitted if it was a back up OL he should be gone and Spack would have dismissed him.

It is a ****ing minor crime. Enough of your trying to blow this up into some grand deal like you have been it looks pretty unsavory.

Redbird 4th & short
June 22nd, 2015, 07:49 PM
I really did. Let me explain it to you: you told someone else they weren't smart while doing one of the least intelligent things possible.

Also, I agree we should grow up children. Leaving them small seems mean. UNLESS you meant:"grow up, children". I'm not sure why you think improper grammar is mature, but your entire existence on this message board for the past year shows that maybe you need to grow up. It's a message board, don't get so worked up. ;)
your still on this typo, and are lecturing me about not getting so worked up ... really ?? It was a typo, because I very well know the difference. Do i strike you as someone who struggles with the english language ? Now you really got me so worked up ... so up you'res buddy !!!

JayJ79
June 22nd, 2015, 09:56 PM

Same could be said about alcohol. Even more broken homes with rampant drug abuse in the form of alcohol.

PantherRob82
June 23rd, 2015, 08:30 AM
your still on this typo, and are lecturing me about not getting so worked up ... really ?? It was a typo, because I very well know the difference. Do i strike you as someone who struggles with the english language ? Now you really got me so worked up ... so up you'res buddy !!!

xlolx

Redbird 4th & short
June 24th, 2015, 09:23 PM
let's put this announcement here:

FCS ADA Announces Academic Progress Rate (APR) Award Winners .. MVFC Winner: Illinois State

http://www.nacda.com/sports/div1aaada/spec-rel/062415aab.html

http://www.goredbirds.com/news/2015/6/24/FB_0624155814.aspx

NDSUSR
June 24th, 2015, 11:10 PM

FCS ADA Announces Academic Progress Rate (APR) Award Winners .. MVFC Winner: Illinois State

Once you lose credibility, nothing you say matters. Pass that along to ISU Admin.

Pant8her
June 24th, 2015, 11:37 PM
It is a ****ing minor crime. Enough of your trying to blow this up into some grand deal like you have been it looks pretty unsavory.

Sorry I am not going to read through alot of bickering, but as I understand the law a "minor crime" is less than a Felony conviction. If you want to think of it in a mathmatical solution I would propose we use three as a base number to an exponent of X, where X is the level of crime.

.................................................. ...:X>y
Crime>No Crime:.............................1>0
Speeder>not caught speeding:...........1>0 or 2>1
Misdemenor> Caught speeding:..........1>0 or 3>2
........Doing illegal narcotic> drunk driver:....2>1 or 3>2
Felony>Misdemenor:........................2>0 or 4>3
Class 3>Class 4:..............................1>0 or 5>4
Class 2>Class 3:..............................1>0 or 6>5
Class1>Class 2:...............................1>0 or 7>6

So
3^0=1
3^1=3
3^2=9
3^3=27—end of misdemenor level (minor crime)
3^4=91........Class4
3^5=243......Class3
3^6=729......Class2
3^7=2187.....Class1

Now I might be in the minority but following the math model I would expect that a responsible institution should help teach students a lesson before they get into the real world. So if your score is a 9 or lower a reprimand and as a student athlete probable pull from the start of at least one to three games (this would give a little bite to the team rules and show up in the athletes record). A score of 27 some sort of suspension of priveldges, as a student: bar them from using university resources or activities, again as a student athlete a minimum of a one game suspension depending on the sport (in this case football or say 10% of starts-again more meat to the punishment) then you get your second chance... A score of 91, suspend the student for at least one semester or student athlete at least 30% of games suspended including barring from practicing with team (shows you mean buisness) then you get second chance barring that you are not already on your second chance.

I think you understand where this is going, now this is my opinion and I tried to remove any bias in determining what is a minor crime. Also how the student or student athlete works with the respective institution.

I am sure this has been argued until everyone is blue in the face (fingertips for typing), but as far as Illinios State is concerned this case is closed and I hope that this thread will be closed soon as well.

Peace

NDSUSR
June 24th, 2015, 11:39 PM
Sorry I am not going to read through alot of bickering, but as I understand the law a "minor crime" is less than a Felony conviction. If you want to think of it in a mathmatical solution I would propose we use three as a base number to an exponent of X, where X is the level of crime.

.................................................. ...:X>y
Crime>No Crime:.............................1>0
Speeder>not caught speeding:...........1>0 or 2>1
Misdemenor> Caught speeding:..........1>0 or 3>2
........Doing illegal narcotic> drunk driver:....2>1 or 3>2
Felony>Misdemenor:........................2>0 or 4>3
Class 3>Class 4:..............................1>0 or 5>4
Class 2>Class 3:..............................1>0 or 6>5
Class1>Class 2:...............................1>0 or 7>6

So
3^0=1
3^1=3
3^2=9
3^3=27—end of misdemenor level (minor crime)
3^4=91........Class4
3^5=243......Class3
3^6=729......Class2
3^7=2187.....Class1

Now I might be in the minority but following the math model I would expect that a responsible institution should help teach students a lesson before they get into the real world. So if your score is a 9 or lower a reprimand and as a student athlete probable pull from the start of at least one to three games (this would give a little bite to the team rules and show up in the athletes record). A score of 27 some sort of suspension of priveldges, as a student: bar them from using university resources or activities, again as a student athlete a minimum of a one game suspension depending on the sport (in this case football or say 10% of starts-again more meat to the punishment) then you get your second chance... A score of 91, suspend the student for at least one semester or student athlete at least 30% of games suspended including barring from practicing with team (shows you mean buisness) then you get second chance barring that you are not already on your second chance.

I think you understand where this is going, now this is my opinion and I tried to remove any bias in determining what is a minor crime. Also how the student or student athlete works with the respective institution.

I am sure this has been argued until everyone is blue in the face (fingertips for typing), but as far as Illinios State is concerned this case is closed and I hope that this thread will be closed soon as well.

Peace

Damn Mate, you need a girlfriend.

Redbird 4th & short
June 25th, 2015, 06:58 AM
Once you lose credibility, nothing you say matters. Pass that along to ISU Admin.
every time you post, you further prove my point .. not that you would ever recognize it about yourself.

Clue coming .. I didn't say it, the ADA said it. And even then, your mind is completely shut to facts and reality. You have effectively stuck both index fingers in both ears and started yellng lalalalalalalal, I'm not listening .. same old from you.

ursus arctos horribilis
June 25th, 2015, 11:52 AM
every time you post, you further prove my point .. not that you would ever recognize it about yourself.

Clue coming .. I didn't say it, the ADA said it. And even then, your mind is completely shut to facts and reality. You have effectively stuck both index fingers in both ears and started yellng lalalalalalalal, I'm not listening .. same old from you.

I think it's great news and it's obvious that Spack might not please all people on how he handles situations he is intimately familiar with it should also be pretty easy to see that he's doing a great job in this regard...and has been for years now.

It is something to be proud of for sure.

PantherRob82
June 25th, 2015, 04:34 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?169987-JMU-Coach-Withers-dismisses-three-players

Just selling, I mean stirring, the pot. :)

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 25th, 2015, 04:45 PM

I wonder if Coprich will stay "clean" now?

gotts
July 27th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Presented without comment:

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/625678199536676864

NoDak 4 Ever
July 27th, 2015, 12:17 PM
Presented without comment:

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/625678199536676864

Who is surprised by this?

Professor Chaos
July 27th, 2015, 01:29 PM
I would've been if you would've told me that when this story first broke. As time went on with no announcement however I slowly came to expect this.

I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it. Spack will run his program how he sees fit. If he's making the right decision he won't have to worry about it either and if it's the wrong decision here it'll come back to bite him sooner or later.

UNI Pike
July 27th, 2015, 01:59 PM
Wonder what Coprich has in that safe deposit box... Pictures? Recordings?

Bisonator
July 27th, 2015, 02:01 PM
I would've been if you would've told me that when this story first broke. As time went on with no announcement however I slowly came to expect this.

I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it. Spack will run his program how he sees fit. If he's making the right decision he won't have to worry about it either and if it's the wrong decision here it'll come back to bite him sooner or later.

I agree. I would have thought Spack would have sat him for 1 game at least.

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 27th, 2015, 02:59 PM

No....not now. Slap on the wrist must have really hurt.

Hopefully the kid learned a good lesson.

NoDak 4 Ever
July 27th, 2015, 03:00 PM
No....not now. Slap on the wrist must have really hurt.

Hopefully the kid learned a good lesson.

Did he even get that?

Bison Fan in NW MN
July 27th, 2015, 03:06 PM
Did he even get that?

Looks like nothing....probably couldn't go to the weight room for a week.

No need to hash this all out like on the previous pages but geez.....1 or 2 game suspension would have sent a good message to the team from the coach. I'm sure Spack can look himself in the mirror.......???

JayJ79
July 27th, 2015, 04:35 PM
Wonder what Coprich has in that safe deposit box... Pictures? Recordings?

really good weed?

Sycamore62
July 28th, 2015, 09:14 AM
maybe he should have hit his girlfriend? it's a class A misdemeanor rather than a Class 4 felony.

clenz
July 28th, 2015, 09:34 AM
maybe he should have hit his girlfriend? it's a class A misdemeanor rather than a Class 4 felony.
I want so badly to not comment anymore...but this one is absolutely set up on a tee for someone to hammer given how a certain school that wears red treated a certain student that might play a sport involving a round, orange ball, and a assault charge....

someone do it for me.

underdawg
July 28th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Looks like nothing....probably couldn't go to the weight room for a week.

No need to hash this all out like on the previous pages but geez.....1 or 2 game suspension would have sent a good message to the team from the coach. I'm sure Spack can look himself in the mirror.......???

Just heard he'll have to set out the September 12, Morgan State Game--it's a travesty!

Yote 53
July 28th, 2015, 03:59 PM
Pfft, Joe Glenn would have kicked this kid off the team a long time ago. I suppose that is why ISUr is a winning football team and USD is a losing football team. Still, at least we can say our coach has some morals. Joe sent a couple players packing for shooting a BB gun out of their dorm window. Flat out said that's not the type of people we are here and not the kind of program we're running. Guess we know what kind of program Ill State is running.

Jackal
July 28th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Pfft, Joe Glenn would have kicked this kid off the team a long time ago. I suppose that is why ISUr is a winning football team and USD is a losing football team. Still, at least we can say our coach has some morals. Joe sent a couple players packing for shooting a BB gun out of their dorm window. Flat out said that's not the type of people we are here and not the kind of program we're running. Guess we know what kind of program Ill State is running.
Yeah, i'm sure that's why USD has a losing football team.