PDA

View Full Version : Hey Grambling....

3rd Coast Tiger
November 20th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Good Luck in your RED jerseys this weekend.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/photo/2006-11/26489936.jpg

Regards,

Notre Dame Football

3rd Coast Tiger
November 20th, 2006, 11:05 AM
Marketing 101 says..... xlolx

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Marketing 101 says..... xlolx

And what's Drug Test Tampering 101 say...? :nono:

gram4life
November 20th, 2006, 12:11 PM
And what's Drug Test Tampering 101 say...? :nono:

see this is what I'm talking about. SMH

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2006, 12:17 PM
see this is what I'm talking about. SMH

You can thank your buddy 3rd Coast Tiger from his lame attempt at smack talking that encouraged my remarks, though it's all up in the air until the truth comes out...

Good luck to Grambling this week against Southern. :thumbsup:

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Regards,

Notre Dame Football

Notre Dame is on TV each and every week of the year...

They're no different than an NFL team that changes their jersey two weeks a season...

Grambling is on TV once, maybe twice (this season)...

Your comparison lacks and misses the point of that "dead horse" subject...

Perhaps that CFO of yours can figure this one out..:read:

gram4life
November 20th, 2006, 12:22 PM
You can thank your buddy 3rd Coast Tiger from his lame attempt at smack talking that encouraged my remarks, though it's all up in the air until the truth comes out...

Good luck to Grambling this week against Southern. :thumbsup:

Gramblings colors/3rd Coast Tiger have nothing to do with you lying.

3rd Coast Tiger
November 20th, 2006, 01:08 PM

They're no different than an NFL team that changes their jersey two weeks a season...

Grambling is on TV once, maybe twice (this season)...

Your comparison lacks and misses the point of that "dead horse" subject...

Perhaps that CFO of yours can figure this one out..:read:

:rotateh: it TT!!!
:rotateh: it TT!!!

3rd Coast Tiger
November 20th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Oh and by the way, the CFO is out this week so me being the lowly Controller will have to figure this one out.

3rd Coast Tiger
November 20th, 2006, 01:33 PM

But Terror.... You had to say this about the very same matter:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15645

Trust me, I'd do the same for any team. I called into the Houston sports radio show against the Texans wearing Battle Red for their Green Bay Packers ESPN game a few years ago when all these fans wanted it to happen. Why? Same reasons I express criticism for Grambling doing what they are for NBC game against Southern.

Hypocrisy at it's best. :thumbsup:

gram4life
November 20th, 2006, 02:02 PM
But Terror.... You had to say this about the very same matter:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15645

Hypocrisy at it's best. :thumbsup:

hmm..

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2006, 05:50 PM
3rd Coast,

Difference between Notre Dame and the Houston Texans are this...

Texans aren't on national television each week. They're game typically gets shown to the two cities involved unless it's a big name they are playing. If the Texans get picked up by NBC or ESPN, than they better not wear anything other than the usual jersey. CBS and FOX games are regional games at best, unless it's in the second half of the doubleheader or what not, which is where you won't see the Texans. This is me being the Texans fan that I am, all the way from NOLA where I can't watch my squad!

Notre Dame is on national television each week. No questions about it. NBC or ABC, sometimes even ESPN.

Any intelligent football fan would be able to differentiate the Fighting Irish TV situation from that of the Texans.

3rd Coast Tiger
November 20th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Like I said, hypocrisy at it's best.

You go from saying your arguments stands for any college team even up to the levels of THE premiere professional football league (NFL); then you go with it is different for a "particular" college team that gets exposure on a weekly basis on national tv "each and every week" to "if a professional team gets picked up by NBC or ESPN, than they better not wear anything other than the usual jersey". :confused:

Long story short, you said Notre Dame is no different than any NFL team only to come back with the Houston Texans (an NFL team) is different.

What is it going to be? While you're at it please define the word "any" for us anti-smart or as you put it "un"intelligent football fans? xlolx

TexasTerror
November 20th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Like I said, hypocrisy at it's best.

You go from saying your arguments stands for any college team even up to the levels of THE premiere professional football league (NFL); then you go with it is different for a "particular" college team that gets exposure on a weekly basis on national tv "each and every week" to "if a professional team gets picked up by NBC or ESPN, than they better not wear anything other than the usual jersey". :confused:

Long story short, you said Notre Dame is no different than any NFL team only to come back with the Houston Texans (an NFL team) is different.

What is it going to be? While you're at it please define the word "any" for us anti-smart or as you put it "un"intelligent football fans? xlolx

3rd Coast, your just trying to stir the pot some and rattle some cages.

Probably trying to make up for some sort of deficiency. It it because the "SLC wants Texas Southern" as you suggested elsewhere? You know, Texas Southern, that team that draws less than every team in the SLC...

17 Texas State 12886
29 McNeese St 10882
37 Sam Houston St 9469
39 Northwestern St 9061
51 Stephen F Austin 7686
66 Southeastern LA 5961
** Central Arkansas 9814 (would be 34th)
-----------------------
Texas I-AAs
69. Texas Southern 5,676
71. Prairie View 5,329

Perhaps because your trying to grab my attention so I'll call my legislator(s) in Texas and work with the student governments I have contacts with to protect your institution from being snatched up during system consolidation due to the inability of your administrators to run your school for years?

Maybe, so it'll take my attention away from the other fallacies of logic that exist in the SWAC where 'Classics' take care of the athletic departments, when in fact, most SWAC schools start off the year 1-9, 2-10 and 0-13 in basketball because they have to go on the 'Gag Us Guarantee Game Tour', because the football teams just aren't 'cutting the checks' right...

The world may never know...:twocents:

gram4life
November 20th, 2006, 10:23 PM
3rd Coast, your just trying to stir the pot some and rattle some cages.

Probably trying to make up for some sort of deficiency. It it because the "SLC wants Texas Southern" as you suggested elsewhere? You know, Texas Southern, that team that draws less than every team in the SLC...

Perhaps because your trying to grab my attention so I'll call my legislator(s) in Texas and work with the student governments I have contacts with to protect your institution from being snatched up during system consolidation due to the inability of your administrators to run your school for years?

Maybe, so it'll take my attention away from the other fallacies of logic that exist in the SWAC where 'Classics' take care of the athletic departments, when in fact, most SWAC schools start off the year 1-9, 2-10 and 0-13 in basketball because they have to go on the 'Gag Us Guarantee Game Tour', because the football teams just aren't 'cutting the checks' right...

The world may never know...:twocents:

When you don't have an answer just change the subject huh. LOL

3rd Coast Tiger
November 20th, 2006, 10:38 PM

Now that's the Terror I've grown to love! :thumbsup:

When we're talking sports..... right on que.... it's time to talk about my university's academic leadership. :thumbsup:

So while your contacting your legislator, give State Representative Ruth Jones McClendon (District 120) who's on the Appropriations Committee who is a Texas Southern alum that currently serves as our 2006 Ms. Homecoming. Ruth would love to talk to you about that little topic and laugh in your face. While your at it talk to Royce West who IS the Subcommittee on Capital Funding for Higher Education. Both Ruth and I talk weekly and Royce and I talk monthly. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

By the way, if you don't get a call back from Ruth's or Royce's staff, let me know so I can give you their personal cell phone or home numbers.

You've got to come better than this. : smh :

3rd Coast Tiger
November 20th, 2006, 10:45 PM

I almost forgot this comment...

Last summer, the chairman of our Board of Regents asked me to sit in on a conference call with him and our athletic director to weigh the pros and cons with the Southland Conference's commissioner and others from the conference's end on thoughts of the conference moving it's headquarters to Houston and officially inviting Texas Southern into the conference (thoughts of three conversations I had with Teresa Phillips and Tennesee State came to mind).

What's next Terror? Aggravated perjury? This is fun.

gram4life
November 20th, 2006, 10:59 PM
I almost forgot this comment...

Last summer, the chairman of our Board of Regents asked me to sit in on a conference call with him and our athletic director to weigh the pros and cons with the Southland Conference's commissioner and others from the conference's end on thoughts of the conference moving it's headquarters to Houston and officially inviting Texas Southern into the conference (thoughts of three conversations I had with Teresa Phillips and Tennesee State came to mind).

What's next Terror? Aggravated perjury? This is fun.

You know he is just going to change the subject again. LOL

TexasTerror
November 21st, 2006, 07:15 AM
As it relates to the jerseys, I've made it clear that it's ridiculous to wear a non-traditional jersey on a nationally televised game if you have limited national exposure, like Grambling does.

Same reason Texans don't go 'Battle Red' on national TV. Same reason SHSU doesn't come out wearing 'black' for a nationally televised basketball game. Those teams just don't get enough consistent marketing with the national televised community to do anything different.

Notre Dame is a branded image. We all know Notre Dame. They're on TV and everyone has access to them weekly. They're no Grambling or SHSU. They get by far more coverage than the Houston Texans, pending stupid draft decisions (that actually make sense!)...

Your failure to see my point and trying to make it seem like hypocrisy is your ability to go in circles with me about something we're not communicating properly amongst each other over our board where conversation is typically hard to get across, especially sarcasm...

Couldn't of been too many pros on that front...on either end...

Would not raise the level of competition for the SLC as an addition of UCA and A&M-CC did for the conference...

TxSo would not be able to compete with the SLC in the major sports of mens' basketball and football. TxSo wouldn't even be able to compete in baseball, a sport they've had success with in the SWAC nor would they softball, soccer, tennis, golf or cross country. SLC lacks bowling and TxSo would compete for individual titles, but not for team titles in T&F...

Facility-wise, TxSo would not bring to the conference a respectable football venue nor baseball/softball facility or soccer field. TxSo would have one of the better basketball venues however...

Panther88
November 21st, 2006, 07:42 AM
I don't think the Terrorist has valuable knowledge of those of us who sit behind these terminals 3rd Coast! xlolx

I'm in hicksville (huntsville) damn near every single week visiting relatives. I'd REALLY hate to put a buzz into a few guys' ears on that current squad because they are TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO accessible. :thumbsup: LOL! I already know what those two <b>really</b> think about their "alums" lol but I'm not @ liberty to speak on it in this setting. :D

*singing Jermaine Dupree's* Boy I think they liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike meeeeeee... boy I think they liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike me!!!!

ROTGDF....LMMFAO!:D

This is terrific! :hurray:

Panther88
November 21st, 2006, 07:44 AM
As it relates to the jerseys, I've made it clear that it's ridiculous to wear a non-traditional jersey on a nationally televised game if you have limited national exposure, like Grambling does.

Same reason Texans don't go 'Battle Red' on national TV. Same reason SHSU doesn't come out wearing 'black' for a nationally televised basketball game. Those teams just don't get enough consistent marketing with the national televised community to do anything different.

Notre Dame is a branded image. We all know Notre Dame. They're on TV and everyone has access to them weekly. They're no Grambling or SHSU. They get by far more coverage than the Houston Texans, pending stupid draft decisions (that actually make sense!)...

Your failure to see my point and trying to make it seem like hypocrisy is your ability to go in circles with me about something we're not communicating properly amongst each other over our board where conversation is typically hard to get across, especially sarcasm...

Couldn't of been too many pros on that front...on either end...

Would not raise the level of competition for the SLC as an addition of UCA and A&M-CC did for the conference...

TxSo would not be able to compete with the SLC in the major sports of mens' basketball and football. TxSo wouldn't even be able to compete in baseball, a sport they've had success with in the SWAC nor would they softball, soccer, tennis, golf or cross country. SLC lacks bowling and TxSo would compete for individual titles, but not for team titles in T&F...

Facility-wise, TxSo would not bring to the conference a respectable football venue nor baseball/softball facility or soccer field. TxSo would have one of the better basketball venues however...

You're making yourself look much worse Terrorist. lol Just stop and drop out of the convo.

Don't start a battle that you <b>will not et cannot</b> win.

I'll have some pix for you to see soon. :)