PDA

View Full Version : Championship Game up for bid

Pages : [1] 2 3

AmsterBison
January 16th, 2015, 11:30 AM
I've read that the championship game site is up for a bid. Anybody know when that decision will be made?

Rooting for Frisco myself. :)

Laker
January 16th, 2015, 11:34 AM
I don't know when it will be decided. I heard on the radio a couple of days ago that the new Vikings stadium would be a potential site and that a bid would be put in.

dewey
January 16th, 2015, 11:37 AM
The game is scheduled to be in Frisco Texas next year (2016 game) then the contract is up.

http://starlocalmedia.com/friscoenterprise/news/fcs-championship-game-a-big-draw/article_c58aee8e-982c-11e4-b36a-c7c8f5f1db74.html

Frisco and Toyota Stadium hosted the championship game for the first time in 2010 and are in the second year of a three-year contract with the Southland Conference and NCAA. The contracts are awarded in three-year increments; the current agreement runs through the 2016 game.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/sports/Frisco-Hosts-Other-National-Championship-Game-288094721.html
Frisco holds a contract with the NCAA to host the game through 2016.
NBC 5 has learned city leaders are already planning a pitch to extend the deal through 2018.
Dewey

AmsterBison
January 16th, 2015, 11:40 AM
Just to be clear: Frisco does a great job and their stadium is really nice.

dewey
January 16th, 2015, 11:43 AM
Just to be clear: Frisco does a great job and their stadium is really nice.

100% agreed! The stadium and tailgating lots around are fantastic.

Dewey

Catsfan90
January 16th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Now, how do we get other networks to bid?

Daytripper
January 16th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Let's keep it in Frisco. Anybody who has been to the Natty there knows it is a great venue. And like AsterBison said, Frisco does a great job.

yorkcountyUNHfan
January 16th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Put me down as one vote for Vegas

bluehenbillk
January 16th, 2015, 12:13 PM
I don't know when it will be decided. I heard on the radio a couple of days ago that the new Vikings stadium would be a potential site and that a bid would be put in.

Minnesota,, outdoors, in January? Way to kill attendance.

Professor Chaos
January 16th, 2015, 12:19 PM

Minnesota,, outdoors, in January? Way to kill attendance.
Pretty sure they must've been referring to the CFP Championship. A venue like the new Vikings stadium is getting the Super Bowl and the Final Four. I doubt the FCS Championship is even close to their radar.

Oh, and it will be indoors (just with a lot of plexiglass).

http://static03.mediaite.com/sportsgrid/uploads/gallery/new-vikings-stadium/tempstadiumscreens-014051313-nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Hammerhead
January 16th, 2015, 12:28 PM
The new Vikings stadium will have curtains to block the upper decks so the stadium won't look empty with just 20,000 fans.

http://prod.images.vikings.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/VIKINGS/assets/images/imported/MIN/photos/clubimages/2014/12-December/tempmls-4-120414--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

Bisonator
January 16th, 2015, 12:41 PM
They should keep it down south where there is usually nicer weather. I don't think a northern spot in January would help attendance at all. People like to make a vacation out of it. Frisco is a great location but I don't think trying other locales would be a bad idea. Definitely needs to be located near a major travel hub IMO.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 16th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Princeton's Stadium because it's like an hour from my house and I would go every year :D

NoDak 4 Ever
January 16th, 2015, 12:51 PM
Wherever it is, it better guarantee it's not as cold as it was this year. Dammit, if I'm traveling south I want it to be warmer!

melloware13
January 16th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Tulane's new stadium could be one to consider. 30,000 capacity, New Orleans, brand new, and a neutral site for FCS teams.

Daytripper
January 16th, 2015, 12:57 PM
If I had to choose a place other than Frisco, well, I'll take New Orleans all day long. French Quarter before and after the game!

UNH Fanboi
January 16th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Tulane's new stadium could be one to consider. 30,000 capacity, New Orleans, brand new, and a neutral site for FCS teams.

That sounds great, but the question is whether they would actually bid for the game. It could come down to Frisco, Mecca and Missoula again.

Daytripper
January 16th, 2015, 01:04 PM

I concur. Yulman Stadium it is! Now let's figure out how to persuade them to bid for the game.

344Johnson
January 16th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Vegas, New Orleans. Frisco, Meh. Been there too much.

Daytripper
January 16th, 2015, 01:23 PM

It is easy to complain about others' suggestions.

IBleedYellow
January 16th, 2015, 01:34 PM
It is easy to complain about others' suggestions.

Especially when you're a troll like Johnson is.

BisonTru
January 16th, 2015, 01:35 PM
The new Vikings stadium will have curtains to block the upper decks so the stadium won't look empty with just 20,000 fans.

http://prod.images.vikings.clubs.nflcdn.com/image-web/NFL/CDA/data/deployed/prod/VIKINGS/assets/images/imported/MIN/photos/clubimages/2014/12-December/tempmls-4-120414--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?width=960&height=720

If the Vikings Stadium got the bid and NDSU made it, it would set a record attendance. If not pull the curtains down like above doesn't look too bad. Tailgating will be hurt, but I'd probably just bar hop before the game. If it was in Minneapolis, I'd probably attend regardless of the teams.

SingForever
January 16th, 2015, 02:01 PM
Why don't they have it in Fargo so that they can have FOUR HOME GAMES INSTEAD OF ONLY THREE where the opposing team is at an unfair disadvantage!!!!!!

thebootfitter
January 16th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Well, *****, if that's the primary consideration, let's have it in Timbuktu. Ever been there? Could be fun. ;-)

Edited to add: That's funny. I included a "bad" word in my post, but spelled it with an '!' instead of an 'i' and I got censored.

Bisonator
January 16th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Why don't they have it in Fargo so that they can have FOUR HOME GAMES INSTEAD OF ONLY THREE where the opposing team is at an unfair disadvantage!!!!!!

Let's be honest here, no matter where it is if NDSU's in it it's a home game!:D

citdog
January 16th, 2015, 03:09 PM
A return to Charleston would be a good thing. There is the problem of an ncaa boycott because we choose to fly the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia on the Confederate Soldiers Monument on the State House grounds. The Medal of Honor Bowl just drew 13k for an All Star game at General Johnson Hagood, CSA, Stadium and we all know JUST how exciting those games are.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
January 16th, 2015, 03:09 PM
From a logistic standpoint, I think Lucas Stadium in Indy would be good. Indy is the home of the NCAA and maybe you could do a three title game weekend. The problem is, it's an NFL stadium and wouldn't play well on TV.

Honestly, there is not a perfect location. The reality is you can't find a happy medium between 2/3 of FCS being in the eastern 3rd of the country and the teams out west.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 16th, 2015, 03:12 PM
From a logistic standpoint, I think Lucas Stadium in Indy would be good. Indy is the home of the NCAA and maybe you could do a three title game weekend. The problem is, it's an NFL stadium and wouldn't play well on TV.

Honestly, there is not a perfect location. The reality is you can't find a happy medium between 2/3 of FCS being in the eastern 3rd of the country and the teams out west.

I think soccer stadiums are the right size. KC already has the DII game now under wraps.

Daytripper
January 16th, 2015, 03:39 PM

Lucas Oil Stadium is too big. 20-30k is the perfect size and Frisco fits the bill.

gumby013
January 16th, 2015, 03:50 PM

And the players will love the Lutefisk Bowl before the big game.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 16th, 2015, 03:53 PM
I just saw something from the Vikings. Turns out they are bidding for the big game, no word about the FCS game. Can't do both so probably not.

Mocs123
January 16th, 2015, 05:00 PM
I would love to see it come back to Chattanooga. I went to almost all of them while they were here.

thebootfitter
January 16th, 2015, 05:35 PM
I would love to see it come back to Chattanooga. I went to almost all of them while they were here.
Yeah, I wonder what venues would virtually guarantee sell outs just because there enough FCS fans willing to go -- either enough in the immediate vicinity or a solid enough and easy enough destination to pull FCS fans in.

I can say that if the championship game were held within a couple hour drive of me, I would be very likely to go, even if my team wasn't in it. I'm not sure there are enough such fans around the country like those of us on AGS who might do such a thing though.

Missoula, maybe? They're pretty big FCS fans there. Bozeman and Cheney are "relatively" close. (But January?)

Maybe Fargo? I think the fan base there would produce at least a few thousand additional fans, even if the Bison didn't make it, and there's a few other FCS schools in relatively close proximity. The dome would help a bit, but still... Fargo in January?

I can't think of any other local fan bases who might show up in significant numbers. Anybody else know of any?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 16th, 2015, 06:10 PM
Yeah, I wonder what venues would virtually guarantee sell outs just because there enough FCS fans willing to go -- either enough in the immediate vicinity or a solid enough and easy enough destination to pull FCS fans in.

I can say that if the championship game were held within a couple hour drive of me, I would be very likely to go, even if my team wasn't in it. I'm not sure there are enough such fans around the country like those of us on AGS who might do such a thing though.

Missoula, maybe? They're pretty big FCS fans there. Bozeman and Cheney are "relatively" close. (But January?)

Maybe Fargo? I think the fan base there would produce at least a few thousand additional fans, even if the Bison didn't make it, and there's a few other FCS schools in relatively close proximity. The dome would help a bit, but still... Fargo in January?

I can't think of any other local fan bases who might show up in significant numbers. Anybody else know of any?

When I went to the DII championship game in KC, there were a ton of Northwest Missouri State, Pitt State, and Emporia State fans there. No to mention myself and my friends, none of who had a rooting interest.

Sitting Bull
January 16th, 2015, 07:47 PM
I like the Tulane stadium suggestion.

Others on my list:
Charleston SC (Citadel stadium)
Boca Raton FL (FAU stadium)

caribbeanhen
January 16th, 2015, 08:03 PM
I saw about 25,000 people walking around today with nothing to do, can herd them all into a stadium..... bring it Puerto Rico and I'll show you a tailgate! Caribbean style....

Bisonoline
January 16th, 2015, 08:06 PM
I saw about 25,000 people walking around today with nothing to do, can herd them all into a stadium..... bring it Puerto Rico and I'll show you a tailgate! Caribbean style....

Never heard of work?

ngineer
January 16th, 2015, 08:19 PM
They should keep it down south where there is usually nicer weather. I don't think a northern spot in January would help attendance at all. People like to make a vacation out of it. Frisco is a great location but I don't think trying other locales would be a bad idea. Definitely needs to be located near a major travel hub IMO.

Very important. I have not been to Frisco, but from what I've seen on TV and Internet, it looks like a very nice venue and not too far from Dallas. While weather can be problematic in Dallas in January, chances are it will be decent 'football weather', but not brutal.

344Johnson
January 16th, 2015, 08:26 PM
Especially when you're a troll like Johnson is.

Right! Never change anything! Same place every year for eternity!

Bisonoline
January 16th, 2015, 08:59 PM
Right! Never change anything! Same place every year for eternity!

Go bitch to the Rose Bowl. Bettter yet, STFU.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
January 16th, 2015, 09:01 PM
Lucas Oil Stadium is too big. 20-30k is the perfect size and Frisco fits the bill.

Lucas Oil Stadium actually looks pretty good when they use curtains to close off the upper decks. There's plenty of soccer stadiums outside of Frisco. If nothing else, I think the game should move around every few years.....

Bisonoline
January 16th, 2015, 09:22 PM
Lucas Oil Stadium actually looks pretty good when they use curtains to close off the upper decks. There's plenty of soccer stadiums outside of Frisco. If nothing else, I think the game should move around every few years.....

For some reason Indiana just does ring---destination. Plus why move the game? Just to move it?
Ive actually enjoyed Frisco much more the last few years after learning the area.

344Johnson
January 16th, 2015, 10:07 PM
Go bitch to the Rose Bowl. Bettter yet, STFU.

I'll put you in the FRISCO FOREVER camp. Which is fine I guess. Nice and close to Kansas for ya.

I've been to all the tourist stuff in Dallas.... Ready for something different.

Bisonoline
January 16th, 2015, 10:10 PM
I'll put you in the FRISCO FOREVER camp. Which is fine I guess. Nice and close to Kansas for ya.

I've been to all the tourist stuff in Dallas.... Ready for something different.

Kansas? You are exceedingly more ignorant than I thought. But I shouldnt be surprised.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 16th, 2015, 10:13 PM
Kansas? You are exceedingly more ignorant than I thought. But I shouldnt be surprised.

He forgot the Ar.

lionsrking2
January 16th, 2015, 10:17 PM
Not sure if Tulane would consider bidding or not but Yulman Stadium would be a perfect fit for the FCS championship game. They claim 30k seats but there's really only about 22k, but not a bad seat in the house. There's plenty of club space and a number of suites for big spenders. The only drawback is the press box isn't big enough due to the NIMBY's in the area who complained about the stadium design, but otherwise it's an awesome facility for the size. Tailgating around the Tulane campus is quality also, not to mention New Orleans being a great vacation destination.

344Johnson
January 16th, 2015, 10:44 PM

Ah shoot. Thought I was quoting nd4e. Not that Arkansas is any better.... Well... Maybe a bit.

He forgot the Ar.

Kansas is honestly the second worst state I've ever been in.... Trails only Nebraska.... How you all don't put shoot yourselves is a great example of the triumph of the human spirit

Go Lehigh TU Owl
January 17th, 2015, 02:41 AM
For some reason Indiana just does ring---destination. Plus why move the game? Just to move it?
Ive actually enjoyed Frisco much more the last few years after learning the area.

Indianapolis is known for being a great event host. I think the Indy 500 created that culture, the Final 4's built upon it and the Super Bowl cemented it.

I still think having a "Championship Weekend" with D2, D3 could be cool.

WestCoastAggie
January 17th, 2015, 07:26 AM
Move the Game to Atlanta

PantherRob82
January 17th, 2015, 08:05 AM

The TV coverage is packaged with other championships, otherwise I doubt anyone would cover it.

caribbeanhen
January 17th, 2015, 08:07 AM
Never heard of work?

ask the 25,000 people I was referring to because they weren't working, since you don't have one I'll provide you with a clue...

I'm talking about cruise ship passengers.......

Houndawg
January 17th, 2015, 08:19 AM
A return to Charleston would be a good thing. There is the problem of an ncaa boycott because we choose to fly the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia on the Confederate Soldiers Monument on the State House grounds. The Medal of Honor Bowl just drew 13k for an All Star game at General Johnson Hagood, CSA, Stadium and we all know JUST how exciting those games are.

The military version of the Chicago Cubs.

LuckyKat
January 17th, 2015, 08:33 AM
I'm wondering with Houston Being out done by Greater Dallas Hosting both Championships games this year my take a stab
We have BBVA Compass Stadium right Down town,(Houston Dynamo Soccer and Texas Southern Home Field), KATS played their a couple of years ago, and its not to Shabby
http://aviewfrommyseat.com/photos/MarkBerg-20120927231547.jpg

dewey
January 17th, 2015, 08:51 AM
Here are the things that IMHO should be considered for a possible new FCS site.
1. 20-30 K seat stadium. Anything more might just look and feel empty when you get two teams that don't travel well.
2. A major airline hub.
3. Large enough surrounding area for hotel, food and attractions for the fans traveling to the game.

Taking a look at the list of professional soccer teams here are some decent possibilities.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_soccer_clubs_in_the_United_States
Dallas
Houston
Orlando
Kansas City
Denver
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Other cities.
Las Vegas
Phoenix
Chattanooga

Dewey

PantherRob82
January 17th, 2015, 08:58 AM

The TV coverage is packaged with other championships, otherwise I doubt anyone would cover it.

marenlee
January 17th, 2015, 09:06 AM

Oh I'm sure the other bajillion sports networks out there would love to cover it (NBCSports, CBSSports, FS1, etc). But there isn't much viewership on those channels. Sadly ESPN2 is way above those based just off perception. But now with the FCS Championship no longer competing with bowl games, I wish they would move it to ESPN. But I'm sure the ACC and BXII have something to say about that when it comes to their B-Ball coverage. It does make me curious as to how the 1.4 million viewers on ESPN2 stacks against the regular season NCAAM basketball game in the same time slot on ESPN.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 17th, 2015, 09:14 AM
ESPN has a contract with the NCAA through 2023-24 for all their championships.

MR. CHICKEN
January 17th, 2015, 09:28 AM
[QUOTE=LuckyKat;2209373]I'm wondering with Houston Being out done by Greater Dallas Hosting both Championships games this year my take a stab
We have BBVA Compass Stadium right Down town,(Houston Dynamo Soccer and Texas Southern Home Field), KATS played their a couple of years ago, and its not to Shabby
http://aviewfrommyseat.com/photos/MarkBerg-20120927231547.jpg

CAN YOU DIG IT
20508.......KEELER WOOD.....ALREADAH......COMES WHIFF......ORANGE SEATS.........BUK...BUK...BUK...BRAWK!

BisonTru
January 17th, 2015, 09:31 AM
ESPN has a contract with the NCAA through 2023-24 for all their championships.

Does anybody know what ESPN pays for that contract?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drblankstare
January 17th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Vegas would be intersting, but it really does seem that Frisco takes pride in hosting this event.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 17th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Does anybody know what ESPN pays for that contract?

it was $500 million. Started in 2011-2012, I believe.

BisonTru
January 17th, 2015, 09:46 AM
it was $500 million. Started in 2011-2012, I believe.

Does that include any bowls or march madness?

marenlee
January 17th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Does that include any bowls or march madness?

Bowls are not NCAA. And March Madness (NCAA) is a separate contract with CBS/Time Warner. Funny how that works...

NoDak 4 Ever
January 17th, 2015, 10:01 AM
No need to be so cryptic about my information. Here's the link.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/7357065/ncaa-espn-agree-tv-deal-2023-24

It was a welcomed sight for us who got ESPN3. It's the reason they have shown a lot more now. Doesn't look like ESPN is going to give it up, they had an 11 year contract starting in 2001.

WestCoastAggie
January 17th, 2015, 11:29 AM
Here are the things that IMHO should be considered for a possible new FCS site.
1. 20-30 K seat stadium. Anything more might just look and feel empty when you get two teams that don't travel well.
2. A major airline hub.
3. Large enough surrounding area for hotel, food and attractions for the fans traveling to the game.

Taking a look at the list of professional soccer teams here are some decent possibilities.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_soccer_clubs_in_the_United_States
Dallas
Houston
Orlando
Kansas City
Denver
San Francisco
Los Angeles

Other cities.
Las Vegas
Phoenix
Chattanooga

Dewey

The new Birds Nest where the falcons will play in 2017 will also be home to a new MLS Team and the stadium will have a configuration appropriate for the FCS Title Game

NoDak 4 Ever
January 17th, 2015, 11:37 AM
I think with the growth of FCS football in the west, you will see the committee work towards a more central location. I doubt if it would be so far east anymore.

BlueHenSinfonian
January 17th, 2015, 12:08 PM

I went to the '03 game in Chattanooga and thought it was a very nice venue. I'd have no issues with it moving back there, and it's an easier drive for all of the east-coast teams (who need to do their part and reassert themselves as the perennial powers of the FCS world).

Outside of that, what about Florida? They could do it at FAU in Boca Raton:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/FAUStadium_night.jpg

Or at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c1/Citrusbowlmiddle.JPG/1024px-Citrusbowlmiddle.JPG

Or at UCF's stadium in Orlando:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/62/Bright_House_Networks_Stadium_from_Student_Section %2C_Sept._15.jpg

marenlee
January 17th, 2015, 01:43 PM
It was at the Citrus Bowl in the 1979. Whopping crowd of 5k there.

FargoBison
January 17th, 2015, 05:24 PM
Only real decent alternatives I've seen so far are New Orleans and Houston. That said who knows if they would even bid.

No way the game should be in Missoula or Fargo or Chattanooga. Needs to be in or near a major city. So much easier for travel that way.

LuckyKat
January 18th, 2015, 08:27 AM
Spoke to our AD last night at a Basketball Game,
hes tight with the Southland Commissioner, Says Frisco will lock it back up,,,

rokamortis
January 18th, 2015, 08:46 AM
The new Birds Nest where the falcons will play in 2017 will also be home to a new MLS Team and the stadium will have a configuration appropriate for the FCS Title Game

Atlanta is a great location since it is a major air hub. Also the new stadium will have a retractable roof - so ideal for a January game with unpredictable weather. Would there be any potential conflict for Saturday NFL games?

http://www.sbisoccer.com/2014/11/releases-including-configuration.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPKP7FaiqEE

http://cdn.sbisoccer.com/images/2014/11/NewFalconsStadiumMLSEndzoneview-NewAtlantaStadium.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
January 18th, 2015, 08:54 AM
Spoke to our AD last night at a Basketball Game,
hes tight with the Southland Commissioner, Says Frisco will lock it back up,,,

I can believe this. There's no real reason to leave Frisco.

Catsfan90
January 18th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Atlanta is a great location since it is a major air hub. Also the new stadium will have a retractable roof - so ideal for a January game with unpredictable weather. Would there be any potential conflict for Saturday NFL games?

http://cdn.sbisoccer.com/images/2014/11/NewFalconsStadiumMLSEndzoneview-NewAtlantaStadium.jpg
Wow, that stadium is gorgeous!

BlueHenSinfonian
January 18th, 2015, 03:14 PM

Fitting that the Falcons will be playing inside of a giant sphincter.

Bisonoline
January 18th, 2015, 05:53 PM

Whats the crime like it the stadium area?

Go...gate
January 18th, 2015, 08:10 PM
Princeton's Stadium because it's like an hour from my house and I would go every year :D

I second the motion!!

Go...gate
January 18th, 2015, 08:13 PM

A great city. My late parents loved to visit there. Nice place to hold a championship football game!

rokamortis
January 18th, 2015, 09:44 PM
Whats the crime like it the stadium area?

I don't live there but I don't think it is too bad. It is downtown in a large tourist area near lots of hotels including some large conference hotels.

Bisonoline
January 18th, 2015, 11:52 PM
I don't live there but I don't think it is too bad. It is downtown in a large tourist area near lots of hotels including some large conference hotels.

NWTF had their convention there about 8 years ago. People said it was the worst they have ever seen. Gun fire was heard every night. Nobody from the area came to the convention. Vendors lost a lot of money. They said they would not be going back to Atlanta.

citdog
January 19th, 2015, 12:23 AM
Atlanta is a crime ridden cesspool but we're not supposed to notice those things anymore.

Bisonoline
January 19th, 2015, 12:32 AM
Atlanta is a crime ridden cesspool but we're not supposed to notice those things anymore.

Thats what I heard. Ive driven through there a few times and it sucked.

marenlee
January 19th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Thats what I heard. Ive driven through there a few times and it sucked.

I was in that area last year visiting the Georgia Aquarium and general sightseeing. That area of Atlanta is just fine as long as you stick to downtown. All in the same area you have Olympic Park, Aquarium, the Coca-Cola factory, and many cool restaurants..

rokamortis
January 19th, 2015, 08:24 AM
I was in that area last year visiting the Georgia Aquarium and general sightseeing. That area of Atlanta is just fine as long as you stick to downtown. All in the same area you have Olympic Park, Aquarium, the Coca-Cola factory, and many cool restaurants..

I was in the same area a few years ago for a conference and went back to check out the aquarium with family. That area seems to be pretty safe with lots of nice hotels and tourist spots.

Catsfan90
January 19th, 2015, 12:59 PM
Every city has bad parts. Is Atlanta especially bad or something?

Also, what about Arizona? The Phoenix area is really up and coming for tourism, and IRRC there are a lot of new stadiums in that area.

stevdock
January 19th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Every city has bad parts. Is Atlanta especially bad or something?

Also, what about Arizona? The Phoenix area is really up and coming for tourism, and IRRC there are a lot of new stadiums in that area.

I'd love for it to be in Arizona, but I think the only stadiums in the state that would be big enough for a football game would be the Arizona Cardinals, ASU and U of A stadiums. And I think most of those would be too big. I don't recall any soccer stadiums down there, and all of the spring training sites would be way too small.

Pard4Life
January 19th, 2015, 01:36 PM
Just hold the title game in San Diego or Florida every year... let's face it, attendance at the NCG is depends on the team... since NDSU has a lock on it, at least send them someplace warm.

Pard4Life
January 19th, 2015, 01:38 PM
I went to the '03 game in Chattanooga and thought it was a very nice venue. I'd have no issues with it moving back there, and it's an easier drive for all of the east-coast teams (who need to do their part and reassert themselves as the perennial powers of the FCS world).

Outside of that, what about Florida? They could do it at FAU in Boca Raton:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c7/FAUStadium_night.jpg

Or at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c1/Citrusbowlmiddle.JPG/1024px-Citrusbowlmiddle.JPG

Or at UCF's stadium in Orlando:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/62/Bright_House_Networks_Stadium_from_Student_Section %2C_Sept._15.jpg

Ah the irony... both used to be FCS, and one still belongs there! :D

tomq04
January 19th, 2015, 04:25 PM

I'm in Spokane and there is no way I'm driving over the pass to get to Missoula in the winter.

thebootfitter
January 19th, 2015, 05:33 PM
I'm in Spokane and there is no way I'm driving over the pass to get to Missoula in the winter.
Yeah, that's why the formula of a relatively major transportation hub down south is probably a better bet.

Catbooster
January 20th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Roads might be bad that time of year, and flying is not cheap or direct from many places.

Catsfan90
January 20th, 2015, 01:03 PM
If it was in Montana I would go regardless of who was in it. Its my #1 place I have always wanted to visit.

achrist70
January 20th, 2015, 02:25 PM
I would say Florida International's stadium in Miami would be nice, FAU in Boca Raton and maybe Central Florida's but that may honestly be a little too big

ISUMatt
January 20th, 2015, 06:43 PM
I'm now biased, Frisco is the ****!Gorgeous city, great surrounding eats and bars, plenty of parking, top notch facility, I hope it stays there for awhile!!

ISUMatt

Bisonoline
January 20th, 2015, 07:21 PM
I would say Florida International's stadium in Miami would be nice, FAU in Boca Raton and maybe Central Florida's but that may honestly be a little too big

Miami? Been there for the Orange bowl. Will not go back. 8 lanes of traffic at complete stand still at 11pm? Plus car was broken in to. No desire to see that city again.

Bisonoline
January 20th, 2015, 07:22 PM
I'm now biased, Frisco is the ****!Gorgeous city, great surrounding eats and bars, plenty of parking, top notch facility, I hope it stays there for awhile!!

ISUMatt

Me too. I will go back next year whether we are in the game or not.

ValleyTalk
January 20th, 2015, 08:02 PM
I've said it once and I'll say it again, the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, OH. Perfect sized venue known for hosting the OHSAA state championships, as well as two HS, and two college teams. Best yet, it is slated for a $23 million dollar renovation.

It seats around 23,500.
http://www.timesreporter.com/storyimage/OH/20140723/SPORTS/140729737/AR/0/AR-140729737.jpg

caribbeanhen
January 20th, 2015, 09:01 PM
c' mon now, Miami is no different than NDakota. haha

dewey
January 20th, 2015, 09:24 PM
I've said it once and I'll say it again, the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, OH. Perfect sized venue known for hosting the OHSAA state championships, as well as two HS, and two college teams. Best yet, it is slated for a $23 million dollar renovation.

It seats around 23,500.
http://www.timesreporter.com/storyimage/OH/20140723/SPORTS/140729737/AR/0/AR-140729737.jpg

That sounds like a great location. I like the idea of playing in a smaller to medium sized stadium because if the FCS Championship game was in the new Atlanta Falcons stadium the crowd wouldn't even fill half the stadium and thus look empty.

Dewey

Lehigh Football Nation
January 21st, 2015, 08:56 AM
How important is weather in folks' consideration?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 09:00 AM
How important is weather in folks' consideration?

Northeast Ohio in January doesn't sound like a fun weekend.

It's obviously always a crapshoot but the last few years in Frisco were very nice. This year, not so much. I would like the better odds of good weather in Texas, however.

Pards Rule
January 21st, 2015, 09:15 AM

THIS!!!!! I was APPALLED at the brushoff coverage the game got!! ESPN2 couldn't WAIT to break away after the game to show a fricking mundane midseason b-ball game bewtween Baylor and TCU rather than trophy presentation!!

Pards Rule
January 21st, 2015, 09:16 AM

You and me both LFN!!

ysubigred
January 21st, 2015, 09:30 AM
Louisville KY in Jan is a decent place to play football. Very central to East and West ~ North and South. Great area lots to do awesome airport etc.. The stadium is a bit large but very top notch!

http://www.stadiumbleachers.com/images/portfolio/DC10A0DF6B415EB17D4C55B6.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cd/Papa_john's_cardinal_stadium.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3180/2871846858_2d1578c2a1.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 09:39 AM
I see a lot of different ideas but nobody has said anything bad about the current venue. In fact, everybody is quite happy with it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 21st, 2015, 09:43 AM
I see a lot of different ideas but nobody has said anything bad about the current venue. In fact, everybody is quite happy with it.

This here. Frisco has done a great job. IMO, the location does not need to change.

dewey
January 21st, 2015, 10:37 AM
It will be interesting to see who submits bids for the FCS championship game. I would love it if Frisco Texas continues to host the game. Everything there has been phenomenal.

Dewey

Wallace
January 21st, 2015, 10:50 AM
I see a lot of different ideas but no NDSU fan has said anything bad about the current venue. In fact, NDSU fans are quite happy with it.
Fixed it for you xthumbsupx

Daytripper
January 21st, 2015, 10:54 AM

As much as it pains me to say it, NDSU fans' opinion hold more weight on this issue. They have been to Frisco 4 years in row. What no one else has mentioned, that is a BIG PLUS for fans with kids, is that there is a LegoLand nearby......

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 10:56 AM
Who has said anything negative about Frisco?

Daytripper
January 21st, 2015, 11:04 AM
Who has said anything negative about Frisco?

Nobody. But it seems some want to move the game. Why fix what isn't broken, though?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 11:06 AM
Nobody. But it seems some want to move the game. Why fix what isn't broken, though?

Anyone who has been there seems to like it.

Of course our resident bitch, Ralph, has to do some pot stirring. Hopefully he can work in something about starting AGS to the conversation.

Wallace
January 21st, 2015, 11:32 AM
Anyone who has been there seems to like it. Of course our resident bitch, Ralph, has to do some pot stirring. Hopefully he can work in something about starting AGS to the conversation.
STFU you anonymous POS and read the thread.

PantherRob82
January 21st, 2015, 11:44 AM

And Illinois State, and Sam Houston State, and Delaware and EWU, and fans of other teams who have attended....

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 11:49 AM
STFU you anonymous POS and read the thread.

I'm hardly anonymous. Enough people know me, and not for bad reasons, and you read the ****ing thread.

Wallace
January 21st, 2015, 11:54 AM
Reread this post bitch and try to use your "education" to understand it.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 11:56 AM
Reread this post bitch and try to use your "education" to understand it.

Once again, drawing further attention to yourself you relentless troll.

You are insinuating that only Bison fans enjoy the current site. If you have ever been there you would see that everybody to whom I have been in contact (many MANY more than you) from all of the assorted fanbases involved love the current venue and city.

You come from a place of zero knowledge in this regard.

dewey
January 21st, 2015, 12:30 PM
And Illinois State, and Sam Houston State, and Delaware and EWU, and fans of other teams who have attended....

Also Towson.

Dewey

Wallace
January 21st, 2015, 12:36 PM
Once again, drawing further attention to yourself you relentless troll. You are insinuating that only Bison fans enjoy the current site. If you have ever been there you would see that everybody to whom I have been in contact (many MANY more than you) from all of the assorted fanbases involved love the current venue and city. You come from a place of zero knowledge in this regard.
You give another ignorant example of bad NDSU fans. Read the thread and my fix of your putrid post. It is laughable that you think so much of your contact with a limited amount of friends and think it qualifies as anything more than your sorry opinion. Zero knowledge is what you probably (and your "friends") have about any other host of the NCAA Division I football championship game.

Frisco is okay but it could be much better in another, more central and vacation-friendly location.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 12:40 PM
You give another ignorant example of bad NDSU fans. Read the thread and my fix of your putrid post. It is laughable that you think so much of your contact with a limited amount of friends and think it qualifies as anything more than your sorry opinion. Zero knowledge is what you probably (and your "friends") have about any other host of the NCAA Division I football championship game.

Frisco is okay but it could be much better in another, more central and vacation-friendly location.

Please, tell me one. Almost everything suggested has been in the east. Also, having never been to Frisco, how can you compare?

Daytripper
January 21st, 2015, 12:40 PM
It is about as central as you can get. Just about equal distance from east and west coasts. As far as vacation friendly is concerned, there is a lot to do in DFW area . I guess we could try to get it in the vacation hotspot that is Kansas.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 12:47 PM
It is about as central as you can get. Just about equal distance from east and west coasts. As far as vacation friendly is concerned, there is a lot to do in DFW area . I guess we could try to get it in the vacation hotspot that is Kansas.

It was in the 60's all last week. Way warmer than Texas was.

I went to the DII game in KC a few weeks ago. It is in a nicer area of town but doesn't compare to the ease and comfort of Frisco.

Daytripper
January 21st, 2015, 12:49 PM
It was in the 60's all last week. Way warmer than Texas was.

I went to the DII game in KC a few weeks ago. It is in a nicer area of town but doesn't compare to the ease and comfort of Frisco.

Weather is always a crap shoot in north Texas.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 12:52 PM
Weather is always a crap shoot in north Texas.

It's less of a crapshoot than Kansas xthumbsupx

clenz
January 21st, 2015, 12:55 PM
Louisville KY in Jan is a decent place to play football. Very central to East and West ~ North and South. Great area lots to do awesome airport etc.. The stadium is a bit large but very top notch!

http://www.stadiumbleachers.com/images/portfolio/DC10A0DF6B415EB17D4C55B6.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cd/Papa_john's_cardinal_stadium.jpg

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3180/2871846858_2d1578c2a1.jpg
I absolutely love this city.

Also you are correct on the mid point. I ran a geo mid point about a year ago based on stadiums. The geographic venter of the FCS world is only about 30 miles SE of Louisville

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dewey
January 21st, 2015, 12:57 PM

Kansas specifically Lebanaon Kansas is the geographical center of contiguous US. I do not think there is a LOT to do in that area though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_center_of_the_contiguous_United_States

The geographic center of the contiguous United States is the center of 48 U.S. states (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/U.S._state). It has been regarded as such by the U.S. National Geodetic Survey (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/U.S._National_Geodetic_Survey) (NGS) since the 1912 additions of New Mexico (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/New_Mexico) and Arizona (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Arizona) to the United States (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/United_States).

It is located about 2.6 miles (4.2 km) northwest of the center of Lebanon, Kansas (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Lebanon,_Kansas) at http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/55/WMA_button2b.png/17px-WMA_button2b.png WikiMiniAtlas
39°50′N 98°35′W / 39.833°N 98.583°W / 39.833; -98.583 (Geographic Center of the Contiguous United States) (http://tools.wmflabs.org/geohack/geohack.php?pagename=Geographic_center_of_the_cont iguous_United_States&params=39_50_N_98_35_W_region:US-KS_type:landmark&title=Geographic+Center+of+the+Contiguous+United+S tates), which is approximately 12 miles south of the Kansas (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Kansas)-Nebraska (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Nebraska) border. While any measurement of the exact center of a land mass will always be imprecise due to changing shorelines and other factors, the NGS coordinates are recognized in a historical marker in a small park at the intersection of AA Road and K-191 (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/K-191_(Kansas_highway)). It is accessible by a turn-off from the U.S. Route 281 (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/U.S._Route_281).

http://www.kansastravel.org/geographicalcenter.htm

Finding a place to play near Lebanon might be tough...however it is the cetner of the US, LOL!!!! I actually drove through Lebanon a few years ago on the way to go spring turkey hunting.

Hey Nodak can I stay at your house as it looks like there are not very many places to stay?

Dewey

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 12:58 PM
So what happens when 15,000 people show up to a 55,000 seat stadium?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 12:59 PM
Kansas specifically Lebanaon Kansas is the geographical center of contiguous US. I do not think there is a LOT to do in that area though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geographic_center_of_the_contiguous_United_States

The geographic center of the contiguous United States is the center of 48 U.S. states (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/U.S._state). It has been regarded as such by the U.S. National Geodetic Survey (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/U.S._National_Geodetic_Survey) (NGS) since the 1912 additions of New Mexico (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/New_Mexico) and Arizona (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Arizona) to the United States (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/United_States).

It is located about 2.6 miles (4.2 km) northwest of the center of Lebanon, Kansas (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Lebanon,_Kansas) at http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/55/WMA_button2b.png/17px-WMA_button2b.png WikiMiniAtlas
39°50′N 98°35′W / 39.833°N 98.583°W / 39.833; -98.583 (Geographic Center of the Contiguous United States) (http://tools.wmflabs.org/geohack/geohack.php?pagename=Geographic_center_of_the_cont iguous_United_States&params=39_50_N_98_35_W_region:US-KS_type:landmark&title=Geographic+Center+of+the+Contiguous+United+S tates), which is approximately 12 miles south of the Kansas (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Kansas)-Nebraska (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Nebraska) border. While any measurement of the exact center of a land mass will always be imprecise due to changing shorelines and other factors, the NGS coordinates are recognized in a historical marker in a small park at the intersection of AA Road and K-191 (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/K-191_(Kansas_highway)). It is accessible by a turn-off from the U.S. Route 281 (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/U.S._Route_281).

http://www.kansastravel.org/geographicalcenter.htm

Finding a place to play near Lebanon might be tough...however it is the cetner of the US, LOL!!!! I actually drove through Lebanon a few years ago on the way to go spring turkey hunting.

Hey Nodak can I stay at your house as it looks like there are not very many places to stay?

Dewey

Sure, we'll ride in together!

I actually had to look it up on a map. I had no idea where that is.

dewey
January 21st, 2015, 12:59 PM

Exactly! At least in a 20K-30K seat stadium it will look full.

Dewey

clenz
January 21st, 2015, 01:04 PM
I don't want the game at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium.

Just pointing out I love the city and it really is as close to the geographic center of the FCS world as you can get

Daytripper
January 21st, 2015, 01:04 PM
Would fans travel if it was in a soccer stadium in Cancun? Maybe charter a cruise ship xnodx

Wallace
January 21st, 2015, 01:09 PM
Please, tell me one. Almost everything suggested has been in the east. Also, having never been to Frisco, how can you compare?
Talking out of your ignorant flapper again. STFU. I have been to Frisco multiple times the same as I have been to Fargo. Never saw you either place but then I try to ignore idiots.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 01:12 PM
Talking out of your ignorant flapper again. STFU. I have been to Frisco multiple times the same as I have been to Fargo. Never saw you either place but then I try to ignore idiots.

Plenty of people have seen me in Frisco and I was ****ing born in Fargo.

OK then, expert. Tell me one stadium that would fit your criteria.

Just one.

Wallace
January 21st, 2015, 01:20 PM
OK then, expert.
At least you remember what Kolpack's article headline said about my first visit to the Fargodome (the Bison's first D-I game). Keep your smack off the discussion board. xdrunkyx

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 01:22 PM
At least you remember what Kolpack's article headline said about my first visit to the Fargodome (the Bison's first D-I game). Keep your smack off the discussion board. xdrunkyx

Once again, you start the ****. You still didn't answer the question.

Wallace
January 21st, 2015, 01:26 PM
Once again, you start the ****. You still didn't answer the question.
once again the point flies over your head and reading comprehension was not part of your "education"

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 01:28 PM
once again the point flies over your head and reading comprehension was not part of your "education"

You said.....

So what place is more central and vacation friendly despite everybody's positive experiences?

I guess I should be thankful you're here and not ****ting all over the fundraising thread this year.

Wallace
January 21st, 2015, 01:34 PM
So what place is more central and vacation friendly despite everybody's positive experiences?
I guess I should be thankful you're here and not ****ting all over the fundraising thread this year.Many choices in this thread given that the epicenter of the FCS is in Kentucky. Your use of absolutes is over your head I guess. On fundraising, I have never hindered that at AGS and tell me who has given more. Once again, take your profane smack off of the discussion board and stay on topic.

clenz
January 21st, 2015, 01:36 PM
Plenty of people have seen me in Frisco and I was ****ing born in Fargo.

OK then, expert. Tell me one stadium that would fit your criteria.

Just one.
Hell, I drank with him. But I hide behind a fake screen name too.....apparently

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 01:42 PM
Hell, I drank with him. But I hide behind a fake screen name too.....apparently

That's his go-to insult. That and you didn't create AGS.

ysubigred
January 21st, 2015, 01:57 PM
I don't want the game at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium.

Just pointing out I love the city and it really is as close to the geographic center of the FCS world as you can get

Louisville is about to get an MSL team. I'm not sure if they are building them a stadium or what? I'm not sure what will happen when/if NDSU ends it's championship run? I believe that the 20K Frisco stadium will look awful empty to. I'll go out on a limb and say NDSU fans would travel to the friggen moon to watch their team, 95% of other FCS teams no so (sadly). Louisville does have slugger field (AAA baseball stadium).

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2195/2065510273_286fc5c543_z.jpg?zz=1

Bottom line: I'm not sure what the argument is with a stadium looking full or empty? Almost every game you watch on ESPN that don't involve P5 teams or conferences are empty especially after Nov 24th. The championship game needs to be closer to the center of the 1FCS world.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 21st, 2015, 01:58 PM
That's his go-to insult. That and you didn't create AGS.

Neither did he. 89hen did the heavy lifting on this place...but as far as building it...that is fully on the backs of the membership. Not Ralph.

Thing about Ralph is this. You want to buy him at his actual value and sell him at what he thinks he's worth.

I'm sure it is not lost anyone that he comes in on the attack with you due to the fact you were trying to do something as far as helping AGS out again this year. The timing is always pretty obvious. Much like an insolent child we'll endure for a bit but I'll sit him if he keeps it up.

Please Ralph, continue.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 02:02 PM
Neither did he. 89hen did the heavy lifting on this place...but as far as building it...that is fully on the backs of the membership. Not Ralph.

Thing about Ralph is this. You want to buy him at his actual value and sell him at what he thinks he's worth.

I'm sure it is not lost anyone that he comes in on the attack with you due to the fact you were trying to do something as far as helping AGS out again this year. The timing is always pretty obvious. Much like an insolent child we'll endure for a bit but I'll sit him if he keeps it up.

Please Ralph, continue.

I only remember because it was the same crap last year. Back to the subject at hand.

This game can really only be in a soccer stadium. 20-25k at the most. According to the official capacity, it has never officially sold out, there have always been tickets available for face value on game day so those stadiums are ideal.

Because of weather it can only be south of I-70 and since there is no stadiums in this magic Kentucky area, you're probably stuck with either Houston or Dallas.

clenz
January 21st, 2015, 02:10 PM
Louisville is about to get an MSL team. I'm not sure if they are building them a stadium or what? I'm not sure what will happen when/if NDSU ends it's championship run? I believe that the 20K Frisco stadium will look awful empty to. I'll go out on a limb and say NDSU fans would travel to the friggen moon to watch their team, 95% of other FCS teams no so (sadly). Louisville does have slugger field (AAA baseball stadium).

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2195/2065510273_286fc5c543_z.jpg?zz=1

Bottom line: I'm not sure what the argument is with a stadium looking full or empty? Almost every game you watch on ESPN that don't involve P5 teams or conferences are empty especially after Nov 24th. The championship game needs to be closer to the center of the 1FCS world.

LS Field us gorgeous but baseball venues are complete garbage for football.

I also think capacity is quite low for LS Field

DFW HOYA
January 21st, 2015, 02:19 PM
Yulman Stadium in New Orleans' Garden District, near the site of the old Tulane Stadium.

Unless you plan to park, can't beat the location.

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/tul/graphics/tul-14-yulman-hdr.jpg

dewey
January 21st, 2015, 02:30 PM
Memphis, Kansas City, St Louis and Tulsa would be closer. However finding a great place for the game is more difficult. Kansas City for example has Arrowhead and Kauffman but neither one would be very good IMHO for the FCS Championship game. Perhaps there is more and I didn't see any.

Where was the D2 title game this year?

The thing about Frisco is they love having the game (and the money it brings in) and they do a great job hosting it. Numerous buildings are painted up for the game, the bars, restaurants and hotels typically have signs welcoming in fans. Heck even the mayor of Frisco came to Fargo last season before a football game to thank everyone for coming. The Frisco area is big enough that there is plenty to do but small enough that getting around is easy and they are happy to have us there.

As others have said NDSU fans would travel anywhere but Dallas is a major airline hub and is centrally located (East-West in the USA). Is it a little farther South? Yes, but if you are traveling to go see the championship game does a few hundred miles really matter? IMHO...NO!

Dewey

Daytripper
January 21st, 2015, 02:36 PM
Memphis, Kansas City, St Louis and Tulsa would be closer. However finding a great place for the game is more difficult. Kansas City for example has Arrowhead and Kauffman but neither one would be very good IMHO for the FCS Championship game. Perhaps there is more and I didn't see any.

The thing about Frisco is they love having the game (and the money it brings in) and they do a great job hosting it. Numerous buildings are painted up for the game, the bars, restaurants and hotels typically have signs welcoming in fans. Heck even the mayor of Frisco came to Fargo last season before a football game to thank everyone for coming. The Frisco area is big enough that there is plenty to do but small enough that getting around is easy and they are happy to have us there.

As others have said NDSU fans would travel anywhere but Dallas is a major airline hub and is centrally located (East-West in the USA). Is it a little farther South? Yes, but if you are traveling to go see the championship game does a few hundred miles really matter? IMHO...NO!

Dewey

And Dewey ties it all up in a nice bow. Next topic.

MR. CHICKEN
January 21st, 2015, 02:49 PM
QUOTE=dewey;2210058]Memphis, Kansas City, St Louis and Tulsa would be closer. However finding a great place for the game is more difficult. Kansas City for example has Arrowhead and Kauffman but neither one would be very good IMHO for the FCS Championship game. Perhaps there is more and I didn't see any.

Dewey[/QUOTE]

20524....KANSAS CITY......KANSAS..............AWK!

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 02:51 PM
20522....KANSAS CITY......KANSAS..............AWK!

Yep. At Sporting Park, home of Sporting KC soccer.

It's in a great area with shopping, restaurants and the like, we walked right across the street for a beer while we waited for the traffic to loosen up. It's also 25 minutes from my house. So that's nice.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
January 21st, 2015, 03:48 PM
The attendance and perception of Frisco has been greatly enhanced, imo, by the NDSU and SHSU faithful. If you start getting a couple Villanova-EWU, Montana State-UNH finals with 8-12k fans perception, rightly/or wrongly, will change.

I honestly don't think people really care about the area. If your team is playing for the title, everything imo, revolves around the game. At least it would for me if Lehigh made it. Most of the time it's a sporting event like this is a 2-3 day trip. I don't see the logic of taking a 5-7 day "vacation" for the game. This is why Omaha, Spokane etc, Dayton, Worcester etc. will host NCAA tournament games. If you're going to go, you're going to go.....

ursus arctos horribilis
January 21st, 2015, 03:59 PM
The attendance and perception of Frisco has been greatly enhanced, imo, by the NDSU and SHSU faithful. If you start getting a couple Villanova-EWU, Montana State-UNH finals with 8-12k fans perception, rightly/or wrongly, will change.

I honestly don't think people really care about the area. If your team is playing for the title, everything imo, revolves around the game. At least it would for me if Lehigh made it. Most of the time it's a sporting event like this is a 2-3 day trip. I don't see the logic of taking a 5-7 day "vacation" for the game. This is why Omaha, Spokane etc, Dayton, Worcester etc. will host NCAA tournament games. If you're going to go, you're going to go.....

Second part there is spot on. I always chuckle at the "need a vacation area" crowd. STFU, if you go you are there for one thing and you can do a little, very little, else. A good meal, a good bar, but sight seeing BS is pretty much out the window. I've never once went out of my way to go check out historical sites near Chattanooga etc. because every day and every night was chock full of happenings already.

You want a family f'n vacation go to Disneyland but don't try and act like this should be that.

caribbeanhen
January 21st, 2015, 04:02 PM
Would fans travel if it was in a soccer stadium in Cancun? Maybe charter a cruise ship xnodx

read the thread..... but your on to something good.... gotta think outside the box..... I can see 25.000 Bison fans on a Bison cruise, turn it into a week long party..... or settle for Blasé Frisco which is no place to be

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 04:04 PM
Second part there is spot on. I always chuckle at the "need a vacation area" crowd. STFU, if you go you are there for one thing and you can do a little, very little, else. A good meal, a good bar, but sight seeing BS is pretty much out the window. I've never once went out of my way to go check out historical sites near Chattanooga etc. because every day and every night was chock full of happenings already.

You want a family f'n vacation go to Disneyland but don't try and act like this should be that.

Yeah, I never make it more than 3 days. i try to give myself two days (Friday/Saturday) solid for things to do but by Sunday, I'm very ready to go home.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 21st, 2015, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I never make it more than 3 days. i try to give myself two days (Friday/Saturday) solid for things to do but by Sunday, I'm very ready to go home.

My trips are always 4 or 5 days but same result. I just like spending the extra day "in country" to try and see some people in whatever area we are in. You were there for that, you know how I do.

dewey
January 21st, 2015, 04:43 PM
My trips are always 4 or 5 days but same result. I just like spending the extra day "in country" to try and see some people in whatever area we are in. You were there for that, you know how I do.

My trips the last 4 years have been. Fly into Dallas Friday afternoon and fly home Sunday day morning. I try to drink as much beer as I can and watch NDSU win another National Championship. With the wifey giving me hall pass a quicker trip is easier to ask for.

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
January 21st, 2015, 04:56 PM
ugh.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 05:05 PM
You see. I just moved closer so the trip wasn't as far. Drove down on Thursday afternoon, had all day Friday and Saturday and drove back on Sunday morning.

It was like I was never gone.

BisonFan02
January 21st, 2015, 05:20 PM
I don't know about you guys.......but whenever I go somewhere....I make sure I spend AT LEAST a week there and eat at every Applebee's and Buffalo Wild Wings I can find....... xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
January 21st, 2015, 05:25 PM
I don't know about you guys.......but whenever I go somewhere....I make sure I spend AT LEAST a week there and eat at every Applebee's and Buffalo Wild Wings I can find....... xlolx
Sounds like a typical NDSU fan. The NDSU fan that won the GC last month...you guessed it...BWW. You people eating that **** like it's something great makes me chuckle hard at your culture.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 21st, 2015, 05:27 PM
You forgot Olive Garden.

http://gawker.com/5891587/grand-forks-olive-garden-receives-positive-review

BisonFan02
January 21st, 2015, 05:31 PM
Sounds like a typical NDSU fan. The NDSU fan that won the GC last month...you guessed it...BWW. You people eating that **** like it's something great makes me chuckle hard at your culture.

is it?

caribbeanhen
January 21st, 2015, 05:57 PM

We got all that down here, cant even get inside the place for the lines are to long, I kid you not...... but geez, Really? Applebee's?

Southern Bison
January 21st, 2015, 06:07 PM
This notion of "central" is not relevant...I could see anywhere from the Carolinas down through the Gulf Coast into TX and even AZ that has a 20-30k seat stadium being interested. Charlotte, Atlanta, Orlando, New Orleans, DFW (Frisco), Houston, & Phoenix are all easy-access airports and provide that "destination" for those that would incorporate a family vacation around the title game.

BisonFan02
January 21st, 2015, 06:25 PM
We got all that down here, cant even get inside the place for the lines are to long, I kid you not...... but geez, Really? Applebee's?

Someone's sarcasm meter is broken.... xlolx . I have a hatred for chain type joints......with an unrivaled passion. UAHs point about some Bison fans (Fargo really) and their affinity for garbage establishments like that is hurtfully truthful....it really blow my mind about some of those jackwagons and how they flock to that ****. xlolx

BisonFan02
January 21st, 2015, 06:28 PM
I absolutely love this city.

Also you are correct on the mid point. I ran a geo mid point about a year ago based on stadiums. The geographic venter of the FCS world is only about 30 miles SE of Louisville

Hey clenzy....did you run that test including the SWAC/MEAC, Ivy, and Pioneer (and frankly...the NEC and maybe PL)?

ursus arctos horribilis
January 21st, 2015, 06:29 PM
is it?

That was way more of a "do ya" situation rookie.

BisonFan02
January 21st, 2015, 06:30 PM

was it? :D

melloware13
January 21st, 2015, 06:30 PM

20,000+ seat stadium, close to major airports, Applebees and Buffalo Wild Wings? Play the game in Newark!

BisonFan02
January 21st, 2015, 06:33 PM
20,000+ seat stadium, close to major airports, Applebees and Buffalo Wild Wings? Play the game in Wilmington!

FIFY..... :)

caribbeanhen
January 21st, 2015, 06:35 PM
20,000+ seat stadium, close to major airports, Applebees and Buffalo Wild Wings? Play the game in Newark!

Why not...You can see the NYC skyline from there right?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 06:36 PM

is it?

ursus arctos horribilis
January 21st, 2015, 06:36 PM

I'd support that as well. Hell I loved Chattanooga, from all accounts Frisco is great but I'd bet in spite of the way the school has driven it's own fans away it would probably be a great venue for area FCS fans and it would seem to be easy to fly to as well.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 21st, 2015, 06:38 PM
is it?

That was a "was it" situation!

What the hell is wrong with you people.

BisonFan02
January 21st, 2015, 06:38 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_J._Smith

To really get this tread back on track.....exhibit A why BWW sucks balls.

BisonFan02
January 21st, 2015, 06:41 PM
That was a "was it" situation!

What the hell is wrong with you people.

You people? :D

ursus arctos horribilis
January 21st, 2015, 06:48 PM
You people? :D

I've teed that one up twice to day and was waiting for the pic but at least you picked it up.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 21st, 2015, 06:50 PM
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_J._Smith

To really get this tread back on track.....exhibit A why BWW sucks balls.

That is hilarious that Fargoians make such a big f'n deal about that place. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 06:57 PM
That is hilarious that Fargoians make such a big f'n deal about that place. xlolx

It's an easy, predictable place to grab a beer and watch a game with some decent food. What the hell is with you hipsters always needing the most underground places?

BisonFan02
January 21st, 2015, 06:59 PM
I've teed that one up twice to day and was waiting for the pic but at least you picked it up.

On my phone....or I would've been all over it....haha

BisonFan02
January 21st, 2015, 07:04 PM
It's an easy, predictable place to grab a beer and watch a game with some decent food. What the hell is with you hipsters always needing the most underground places?

You lost me there Nodak....it doesn't take much effort to find a better solution to all of those needs...not underground at all. xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
January 21st, 2015, 07:13 PM

I'm not the big corporate supporter that you are. The food is OK but the price is like it's excellent and I don't like to follow along with the rest of the unwashed masses going to whatever place the TV tells em' they should go to and be cool.

melloware13
January 21st, 2015, 07:14 PM
FIFY..... :)

But UD hasn't played in Wilmington in my parent's lifetime, and Frawley Stadium isn't going to cut it

clenz
January 21st, 2015, 07:15 PM
Hey clenzy....did you run that test including the SWAC/MEAC, Ivy, and Pioneer (and frankly...the NEC and maybe PL)?
Honestly don't remember. I think I did all...?

I'll redo it some time soon. Since I have no life...well, im actually busy beyond belief... I'll do about it variations of it.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 21st, 2015, 07:17 PM
I'm not the big corporate supporter that you are. The food is OK but the price is like it's excellent and I don't like to follow along with the rest of the unwashed masses going to whatever place the TV tells em' they should go to and be cool.

Who said I was a corporate supporter? I just don't turn my nose up at every place that happens to have a lot of locations.

BisonFan02
January 21st, 2015, 07:19 PM
Honestly don't remember. I think I did all...?

I'll redo it some time soon. Since I have no life...well, im actually busy beyond belief... I'll do about it variations of it.

I will eagerly await to see what the center of the playoff universe is.... xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
January 21st, 2015, 07:48 PM
Who said I was a corporate supporter? I just don't turn my nose up at every place that happens to have a lot of locations.

Yeah that's what I said...

Wallace
January 21st, 2015, 08:10 PM
Neither did he. 89hen did the heavy lifting on this place...but as far as building it...that is fully on the backs of the membership. Not Ralph.What idiotic and wildly wrong statements from a urahor weeble who rewrites history and believes it is true.
I'll sit him if he keeps it up.this is why most of the people who made AGS great are no longer here... at least urahor didn't threaten me with violence again, yet. xrolleyesx

On topic, which are the current cities currently and seriously rumored to be bidding for the game?

BisonFan02
January 21st, 2015, 08:43 PM
https://www.google.com/maps/@46.8694308,-113.9849022,18z?hl=en

http://i.imgur.com/PFSZ1Sw.gif

melloware13
January 21st, 2015, 09:25 PM
https://www.google.com/maps/@46.8694308,-113.9849022,18z?hl=en

http://i.imgur.com/PFSZ1Sw.gif

The Comfort Inn just to the east of there gives you cookies when you check in (unless I was special this past summer)

dewey
January 21st, 2015, 09:38 PM
When the NCAA puts out a request for proposals do they make the RFP public or does it only go to a select few entities? Then when the NCAA receives proposals are they made public? I wonder if the NCAA takes the highest bid or if it is a money plus some other factor? We're the details of the City of Frisco and the Southland conferences bid ever made public?

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
January 21st, 2015, 10:21 PM
What idiotic and wildly wrong statements from a urahor weeble who rewrites history and believes it is true.this is why most of the people who made AGS great are no longer here... at least urahor didn't threaten me with violence again, yet. xrolleyesx

On topic, which are the current cities currently and seriously rumored to be bidding for the game?

That is absolutely why they are no longer here. You ran em'. I don't run people but I will screw with the guy that did it in the first place, you know, a dose of one's own medicine and all that.

89hen did the heavy lifting, you know it. Now shut yer mouth.

chattownmocs
January 22nd, 2015, 02:52 AM

Agreed. I think attendance has been as good or a little better than chattanooga only because of NDSU. I think Chattanooga probably had more local people than frisco because I think the event probably feels bigger in a town like Chattanooga that a suburb like Frisco. Travel might be a little harder but how hard could it really be?

Bisonoline
January 22nd, 2015, 03:25 AM

It all depends on what you are looking for. If you come to town and everything is a pain in the ass to get to and the businesses arent welcoming to large groups of people then you will find more people who just come to the game and get the hell out with out spending any extra time or money. This year we went to Frisco on Tues and left on Sunday. Next year we will do the same even if the Bison arent playing. The area has great restaurants and the people are great. At Frisco its an event not just the game.

tjamz
January 23rd, 2015, 08:32 AM
It will look like most (non-major) bowl games do on tv?

tjamz
January 23rd, 2015, 08:45 AM

I've always enjoyed the tourist stuff in Frisco/Dallas. This year was the first year I didn't go check out any of those type of locations at all.... and each year I've rolled into town on a Thursday and left on Sat/Sun. So I get the vacation aspect of it personally. Especially for those who travel to the game with children

NDSU Fan
January 23rd, 2015, 09:24 AM
Prefer the larger metropolitan areas! Can't beat the cheap flights, rental cars and hotels.

Hammerhead
January 23rd, 2015, 01:54 PM

Most teams are on the east coast. Just eyeballing the map at http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/fcs-team-map/, the center of the FCS world looks to be somewhere near Kentucky or West Virginia.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 23rd, 2015, 02:49 PM
Most teams are on the east coast. Just eyeballing the map at http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/fcs-team-map/, the center of the FCS world looks to be somewhere near Kentucky or West Virginia.

Eliminate the IVY, MEAC and SWAC and it changes the distribution.

Hell, I wonder what it would be like without the NEC, Patriot, and Pioneer.

Calculating the midpoint amongst all finals participants in the last 10 years puts you near Miles, Iowa.

REALBird
January 23rd, 2015, 03:32 PM

It was all in good nature, but I said this no less than a half dozen times about Frisco, TX. An ISU fan asked me why all these NDSU fans were here, I said "We go to Florida for vacation, they come to Frisco!"

The atmosphere was good. I'd go back if my team were playing. But it was pretty much get in on Friday, game on Saturday, get out on Sunday. Nice area, but I wasn't about to make Frisco, TX. my family destination for the year.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 23rd, 2015, 03:43 PM

A direct link to that same map which was compiled by Mountaineer is located at the black bar at the top of every page here as well.

No_Skill
January 23rd, 2015, 03:53 PM
It was all in good nature, but I said this no less than a half dozen times about Frisco, TX. An ISU fan asked me why all these NDSU fans were here, I said "We go to Florida for vacation, they come to Frisco!"

The atmosphere was good. I'd go back if my team were playing. But it was pretty much get in on Friday, game on Saturday, get out on Sunday. Nice area, but I wasn't about to make Frisco, TX. my family destination for the year.

I went to Florida over Christmas and went to Frisco for the game. Why not do both?

ursus arctos horribilis
January 23rd, 2015, 03:59 PM
I went to Florida over Christmas and went to Frisco for the game. Why not do both?

Yeah that's kind of the original point I was making. Acting like this has to be some destination spot is dumb as hell cuz that ain't waht it is about from the crowds I've been involved with...not once and I've been to six of these suckers.

clenz
January 23rd, 2015, 05:03 PM
Many people can't...

Catsfan90
January 23rd, 2015, 05:54 PM
Many people can't...

I could barely afford a four hour trip to the Maine game this year. I couldn't imagine several vacations.

Wallace
January 23rd, 2015, 05:57 PM
That is absolutely why they are no longer here. You ran em'. I don't run people but I will screw with the guy that did it in the first place, you know, a dose of one's own medicine and all that. 89hen did the heavy lifting, you know it. Now shut yer mouth. xeyebrowx Do you have any more ignorant lying and history revision?

Just don't sit on me. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
January 23rd, 2015, 06:21 PM
xeyebrowx Do you have any more ignorant lying and history revision?

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/xen/index.php?attachments/look-at-me-im-an-attention-whore-pic-gif.160989/

citdog
January 23rd, 2015, 06:57 PM

Ralph I normally stay out of these type of things as i have long considered you a friend but brother why continue to fight this battle? It's not like you are Southern and don't know a Lost Cause when you see one.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 23rd, 2015, 07:06 PM

Wait, is that th dreaded personal attack? For shame. xlolx

caribbeanhen
January 24th, 2015, 10:50 AM
happy to report I have no idea what goes one or what went on behind the scenes at AGS.... who is Ralph?

clenz
January 24th, 2015, 08:34 PM
All right, bitches.

I told you I'd find the geographic center of the FCS and I did. The first time I did it I must have included all FCS teams, regardless of conference, as after taking out the FBS movers that would have been included and adding new the mid-point is almost identical but it did shift about a half hour/hour to the west, but it still essentially Louisville.

Let's start by conference

Big Sky Midpoint:
Lattitude: 41.99005
Longitude: -113.98518
Nearest Address: Goose Creed Road, Utah – right on ID/UT board and just east of NV
http://bit.ly/1yMMX6b

Big South Midpoint:
Latitude: 35.48793
Longitude: 80.12719
Nearest Address: 307 Badin Shores Circle, New London, NC - Uhwarrie National Forest
http://bit.ly/1BKP65T

CAA Midpoint:
Latitude: 40.00957
Longitude: -75.11138
Nearest Address: 4011 G Street Philadelphia, PA (right on NJ boarder)
http://bit.ly/1899yRP

Ivy Midpoint:
Latitude: 41.7216
Longitude: -73.385
Nearest Address: 64 Mountain Lake Rd, Warren, CT
http://bit.ly/1yE8YoK (http://bit.ly/1yE8YoK)

MEAC Midpoint:
Latitude: 35.35343
Longitude: -78.97563
Nearest Address: 231 Hidden Creek Ln, Lillington, NC
http://bit.ly/15E8J2e

MVFC Midpoint:
Latitude: 41.369491
Longitude: -97.250058
Nearest Address: 2515 Golden Ave, Letts, IA
http://bit.ly/1upYeFj (http://bit.ly/1upYeFj)

NEC Midpoint:
Latitude: 41.083382
Longitude: -75.671341
Nearest Address: Pennsylvania 940 Lake Harmony, PA
http://bit.ly/1CmWqDF

OVC Midpoint:
Latitude: 36.6996
Longitude: -87.17376
Nearest Address: 4970 Penchem Rd, Guthrie, KY
http://bit.ly/1BSG8DL

Patriot Midpoint:
Latitude: 40.54623
Longitude: -75.86321
Nearest Address: 708 Dunkels Church Rd, Kutztown, PA
http://bit.ly/1upYtQH

PFL Midpoint:
Latitude: 37.11086
Longitude: -86.3693
Nearest Address: 3299 Penns Chapel Rd, Bowling Green, KY
http://bit.ly/1CmXfw4

SoCon Midpoint:
Latitude: 34.66182
Longitude: -82.85376
Nearest Address: 253 Goldwing Dr, Seneca, SC
http://bit.ly/1L5c9uW

SLC Midpoint:
Latitude: 31.05888
Longitude: -94.36469
Nearest Address: and unnamed road in Angelina National Forest, Zavalla, TX
http://bit.ly/1Jvhloq

SWAC Midpoint
Latitude: 32.22828
Longitude: -91.21697
Nearest Address: US 65 1, LA (not making that up…just off Mud Lake…literally no town name)

clenz
January 24th, 2015, 08:42 PM
Midpoint of all FCS teams:
Latitude: 38.11203
Longitude: -86.43246
Nearest Address: 650 Little Bend Rd Battletown, KY (KY/IN boarder 37 miles WSW as the bird flies of Papa John Cardinal Stadium in Louisville. It’s right on the river and on the IN side of the river is Hoosier National Forest)
http://goo.gl/i2zNRg

Yes, I'm aware it doesn't show all the locations when you follow the link, but trust me it is calculating all of them.

clenz
January 24th, 2015, 08:56 PM
Midpoint of FCS playoff conferences (excluding the MEAC due to their recent...alleged...playoff departure):
Latitude: 38.65522
Longitude: -87.86758
Nearest address:
600N Sumner, IL
http://goo.gl/sXTLy6

Oddly enough, this is only 85 miles (as the bird flies) NW of the midpoint of all of the FCS. Also about equidistant between Louisville and St. Louis

It is also only 26 miles ENE from the midpoint of SIU and ISUb

clenz
January 24th, 2015, 09:08 PM
Midpoint of FCS champions: shockingly close to the other midpoints
http://goo.gl/btExLn

Essentially, it's Normal, IL...home of the Illinois State Redbirds

FargoBison
January 24th, 2015, 11:36 PM
Agreed. I think attendance has been as good or a little better than chattanooga only because of NDSU. I think Chattanooga probably had more local people than frisco because I think the event probably feels bigger in a town like Chattanooga that a suburb like Frisco. Travel might be a little harder but how hard could it really be?

If the game was in Chattanooga I probably make it there once, I was in Frisco for all four. I fly and flying into Dallas is much easier. Two airports, hub for multiple airlines....It crushes Chattanooga in terms of ease/cheapness of travel.

Frisco does a good job, heck their mayor flew to Fargo this year and he will talk to any FCS fan if they have a question or suggestion. The only thing for locals is that getting tickets probably isn't easy but some years that won't be an issue. There are plenty of football fans in that area though that would go based on the people I've talked to while I've been there.

I am not against moving the game but if it is moved, ease of travel needs to be a priority. I don't think it needs to be a vacation destination but you have people making travel plans at the last minutes, putting at a place that is at least easy to fly in to is a huge plus.

Catsfan90
January 24th, 2015, 11:43 PM
Indianapolis could make a good spot for an FCS championship game.

citdog
January 25th, 2015, 12:35 AM
Indianapolis could make a good spot for an FCS championship game.

Indianapolis is looking more and more like Detroit everyday......

BucBisonAtLarge
January 25th, 2015, 12:35 AM
Patriot League midpoint (You had Holy Cross in DC, clenz):

Geographic midpoint
Latitude:
Longitude:

Nearest address:
Billboard Road
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301, USA

chattownmocs
January 25th, 2015, 02:25 AM
If the game was in Chattanooga I probably make it there once, I was in Frisco for all four. I fly and flying into Dallas is much easier. Two airports, hub for multiple airlines....It crushes Chattanooga in terms of ease/cheapness of travel.

Frisco does a good job, heck their mayor flew to Fargo this year and he will talk to any FCS fan if they have a question or suggestion. The only thing for locals is that getting tickets probably isn't easy but some years that won't be an issue. There are plenty of football fans in that area though that would go based on the people I've talked to while I've been there.

I am not against moving the game but if it is moved, ease of travel needs to be a priority. I don't think it needs to be a vacation destination but you have people making travel plans at the last minutes, putting at a place that is at least easy to fly in to is a huge plus.

Chattanooga is about 1 hr 15 mins from Atl. Frisco seems to be 35 or 40 from Dallas so I doubt you would not go because of an extra 30 or 40 mins.

FargoBison
January 25th, 2015, 03:42 AM
Chattanooga is about 1 hr 15 mins from Atl. Frisco seems to be 35 or 40 from Dallas so I doubt you would not go because of an extra 30 or 40 mins.

You might want to rerun those numbers...Frisco is about 100 miles closer to either Dallas airport. Much more convenient location.

The game should be in a place that is easy to get to.

chattownmocs
January 25th, 2015, 05:48 AM
You might want to rerun those numbers...Frisco is about 100 miles closer to either Dallas airport. Much more convenient location.

The game should be in a place that is easy to get to.

You can fly from Fargo to chattanooga with a stop cheaper than you can from fargo to dallas nonstop. Again, I don't know how great Frisco is. I'm sure its a nice place to live. I doubt it is a better place to visit than chattanooga.

I do think the game should stay in Frisco if they can outbid everyone. If Chattanooga decides they are going to outbid everyone than give me a break with "its easier to get there"

Hammersmith
January 25th, 2015, 10:07 AM

More like an extra 1.5 hours at a minimum. Atlanta Airport to Finley Stadium is about 2 hours on a Sunday morning. Bet it would be a lot worse on a Thurs or Friday afternoon when someone would likely fly in. Hey locals, what's I-75 like on most weekdays?

DFW Airport to Toyota Stadium is about 30 minutes and you're heading away from the city centers the whole time.

caribbeanhen
January 25th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Frisco is boring....Chatty is better..... but the mayor flew up to Fargo.....hmmmmmm, bet he wont be so warm now that those bison pockets aren't lined with $100 dollar bills :D

IBleedYellow
January 25th, 2015, 10:36 AM
Frisco is boring....Chatty is better..... but the mayor flew up to Fargo.....hmmmmmm, bet he wont be so warm now that those bison pockets aren't lined with $100 dollar bills :D

For the last time: The oil prices haven't positively effected most of Fargo or eastern North Dakota wealth. It's mainly had an effect on those who have mineral rights out in the West and those with businesses that are able to work in the West.

Agriculture is still very large in ND, and NDSU is known for the great AG Programs. North Dakota Agriculture College, or NDAC is what our University used to be named. Agriculture, Not Oil have positively effected NDSU, and even then, we have no seen a huge influx of donations in that regard.

Now, the football team's success HAS had an increase of licsensing right revenue, but that still doesn't go back to oil...

caribbeanhen
January 25th, 2015, 12:38 PM
For the last time: The oil prices haven't positively effected most of Fargo or eastern North Dakota wealth. It's mainly had an effect on those who have mineral rights out in the West and those with businesses that are able to work in the West.

Agriculture is still very large in ND, and NDSU is known for the great AG Programs. North Dakota Agriculture College, or NDAC is what our University used to be named. Agriculture, Not Oil have positively effected NDSU, and even then, we have no seen a huge influx of donations in that regard.

Now, the football team's success HAS had an increase of licsensing right revenue, but that still doesn't go back to oil...

what about all those planned roads, infrastructure and build out of the western part of the state to support the boom, I mean the last time this happened it was the Donner Pass and covered Wagons, the difference was that path lead to California and people stayed. You would have to agree that big business is re-thinking the way ahead in N Dakota and will all those that followed the lure of a quick buck remain up there now that things are slowing down....

FargoBison
January 25th, 2015, 01:19 PM
You can fly from Fargo to chattanooga with a stop cheaper than you can from fargo to dallas nonstop. Again, I don't know how great Frisco is. I'm sure its a nice place to live. I doubt it is a better place to visit than chattanooga.

I do think the game should stay in Frisco if they can outbid everyone. If Chattanooga decides they are going to outbid everyone than give me a break with "its easier to get there"

I almost always fly out of MPLS, with demand for flights when NDSU makes a title game flying out of Fargo costs a small fortune unless you book in advance which is something I will do with hotels but not flights.

I don't care where the game is as long as the stadium is nice and it is easy to travel to.

FargoBison
January 25th, 2015, 01:26 PM
what about all those planned roads, infrastructure and build out of the western part of the state to support the boom, I mean the last time this happened it was the Donner Pass and covered Wagons, the difference was that path lead to California and people stayed. You would have to agree that big business is re-thinking the way ahead in N Dakota and will all those that followed the lure of a quick buck remain up there now that things are slowing down....

We have the most conservative state legislature in the country, it almost killed some of them to spend that money. A massive chunk of the oil revenue is sitting in the Bank of ND. I am not worried.

melloware13
January 25th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Patriot League midpoint (You had Holy Cross in DC, clenz):

Geographic midpoint
Latitude:
Longitude:

Nearest address:
Billboard Road
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301, USA

Get off my lawn.

citdog
January 25th, 2015, 03:18 PM
We have the most conservative state legislature in the country .

I don't think you know what conservative means....

ursus arctos horribilis
January 25th, 2015, 03:24 PM

Conservative does not mean now what it used to mean so I assume he means it as it was originally intended as opposed to the dip**** conservative movement of the last 20 yrs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 25th, 2015, 03:59 PM

JFK would be a "conservative" today!

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 25th, 2015, 04:01 PM
We have the most conservative state legislature in the country, it almost killed some of them to spend that money. A massive chunk of the oil revenue is sitting in the Bank of ND. I am not worried.

Oil will go up. I think the ND legislature allocated a ton of money for infrastructure out west.

Bisonoline
January 25th, 2015, 04:10 PM

Kind of a strange asumption. But I understand beause you want to champion chatty. From my limited time there (chatty)I would chose not to go back. Especially for a National Championship game and fun trip. Its more of a meh than anything egregious.

FargoBison
January 25th, 2015, 04:24 PM
Conservative does not mean now what it used to mean so I assume he means it as it was originally intended as opposed to the dip**** conservative movement of the last 20 yrs.

Yeah I was talking more about traditional fiscal conservatism, the legislature put billions into a rainy day fund just in case there was an oil bust.

Bearkats94
February 22nd, 2015, 05:27 PM
The Texans stadium is pretty nice and there is a lot of room for tailgating. The Sam and SFA game draw over 26,000 fans last year. The weather is normally pretty good to.

blueballs
February 25th, 2015, 06:38 AM
My gut tells me that the FCS title game will wind up in Orlando's new downtown soccer stadium sometime in the future.

I have no insider knowledge but FL Citrus Sports will now- with the new Cure Bowl- have 3 bowl games so everything would seem to be in place to support it.

FWIW it seems like Frisco has done a great job with it and I wouldn't want anything to do with Chatty's weather in January.

gumby013
February 25th, 2015, 09:17 AM
My gut tells me that the FCS title game will wind up in Orlando's new downtown soccer stadium sometime in the future.

I have no insider knowledge but FL Citrus Sports will now- with the new Cure Bowl- have 3 bowl games so everything would seem to be in place to support it.

FWIW it seems like Frisco has done a great job with it and I wouldn't want anything to do with Chatty's weather in January.

I'd be all for that.

PAllen
February 25th, 2015, 10:03 AM
Wasn't it in Orlando in the early days? I know it's a whole different world now than it was 30-40 years ago. If it does go to Orlando, I hope that they keep the layoff at 3-4 weeks so that it can become a family vacation thing. If truly promoted, and with the right teams, I wonder how often it could fill the place?

McNeese75
February 25th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Do people really go to Orlando for football xeyebrowx

PAllen
February 25th, 2015, 11:09 AM
Do people really go to Orlando for football xeyebrowx

No, but honestly, on whole, people don't go anywhere for FCS football. If Orlando wants it, and they want to promote it, they might get decent bump in attendance by being able to turn a guys weekend into a family vacation with wives and kids attending the game as well.

gumby013
February 25th, 2015, 11:16 AM
No, but honestly, on whole, people don't go anywhere for FCS football. If Orlando wants it, and they want to promote it, they might get decent bump in attendance by being able to turn a guys weekend into a family vacation with wives and kids attending the game as well.

I guarantee I could get more people to come with me to Orlando for an extended vacation vs Dallas.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 25th, 2015, 12:18 PM

It doesn't happen that way but if people want to think that it's cool as well. I've never been to one where more than maybe 2 or 3 people out of 100 was doing that and I've been instrumental in helping put together several trips to NC games. It won't make one bit of difference being in a family spot and would make it less likely that some would want to go. I would rather not be going to a tourist trap sort of place. Not saying I wouldn't go as I would for sure but it wouldn't make me happy to pay inflated **** when I oculd have went to a place that appreciated the bump like Chatty or Frisco seems to.

Daytripper
February 25th, 2015, 02:52 PM
It doesn't happen that way but if people want to think that it's cool as well. I've never been to one where more than maybe 2 or 3 people out of 100 was doing that and I've been instrumental in helping put together several trips to NC games. It won't make one bit of difference being in a family spot and would make it less likely that some would want to go. I would rather not be going to a tourist trap sort of place. Not saying I wouldn't go as I would for sure but it wouldn't make me happy to pay inflated **** when I oculd have went to a place that appreciated the bump like Chatty or Frisco seems to.

Yep. I don't know anybody who plans a family vacation around a FCS football championship game. First, you can't plan ahead for something like that (unless you are NDSU, I guess). Second, most people have already vacationed, if they are going to, for Christmas/New Year. People who go to the game go because their team is playing. Attendance won't spike if it is in Orlando, Vegas, LA, or Chicago..... So, let's keep it where the local community appreciates the game and the business it brings, as opposed to a city that thinks of it as just another opportunity to gouge out-of-towners.

Bisonoline
February 25th, 2015, 03:08 PM
Yep. I don't know anybody who plans a family vacation around a FCS football championship game. First, you can't plan ahead for something like that (unless you are NDSU, I guess). Second, most people have already vacationed, if they are going to, for Christmas/New Year. People who go to the game go because their team is playing. Attendance won't spike if it is in Orlando, Vegas, LA, or Chicago..... So, let's keep it where the local community appreciates the game and the business it brings, as opposed to a city that thinks of it as just another opportunity to gouge out-of-towners.

Plus Orlando you are getting farther away. If you use Fargo as an example -- Frisco is a 15 hour drive. Orlando is a 25 hour drive. Thats just drive time. If NDSU doesnt make the game Im not driving to Orlando to watch it. Frisco I will because I live in AR. Orlando is 15 hours from where I live. Frisco 7. You wont get the local support you do in Frisco.

clenz
February 25th, 2015, 03:35 PM
Be honest, though, how many locals actually go to the game?

NoDak 4 Ever
February 25th, 2015, 03:37 PM

A few of us went to the DII game. Saw a lot of local Pitt State and NWMo fans who were likely local.

It's not unheard of.

BisonFan02
February 25th, 2015, 03:38 PM

Not enough to make a difference between Frisco and Orlando. I'm with Ursus though....don't need a vacation destination for a natty and there is plenty to do in the DFW area for a few days.

clenz
February 25th, 2015, 03:42 PM
A few of us went to the DII game. Saw a lot of local Pitt State and NWMo fans who were likely local.

It's not unheard of.
If that's the case one would probably see "a lot" of locals at the game wearing whatever they wanted to wear too. Those were fans from schools that are something like an hour from KC and had a "vested" interest in the game because of the programs they support. Also define "a lot"

I would bet the actual difference between non-partisan/vested locals going to a game in Frisco and Orlando is +/* .0003%

ursus arctos horribilis
February 25th, 2015, 03:47 PM

I assume he means local business appreciating you being there, running specials, not gouging the **** out you, etc.

I'd imagine you are a lot more likely to get some locals from the Frisco area as opposed to an Orlando type thing anyway even though both would be insignificant numbers.

Bisonoline
February 25th, 2015, 06:16 PM

In Frisco quite a few from what I was told from the people I met. There are also people who attend the game who have no allegiance to either team. They like to attend championship games. That information came from a NCAA ticket manager.

PAllen
February 26th, 2015, 10:08 AM

But where were those NCs? I could see trouble trying to convince the wife and kids to go to Dallas, and especially Chattanooga in Dec/Jan, but that's my point. It'd be a much easier sell to pull of: "Who wants to go to Disney World? Daddy wants to go to a football game while we're there."

NoDak 4 Ever
February 26th, 2015, 10:10 AM
If that's the case one would probably see "a lot" of locals at the game wearing whatever they wanted to wear too. Those were fans from schools that are something like an hour from KC and had a "vested" interest in the game because of the programs they support. Also define "a lot"

I would bet the actual difference between non-partisan/vested locals going to a game in Frisco and Orlando is +/* .0003%

There were roughly 6500 people at the game, I would say 1/4 of them.