PDA

View Full Version : 2014 National Champ Game Score Thread <---

Pages : 1 2 [3]

GAD
January 10th, 2015, 03:17 PM
Keep it classy

Laker
Why did anyone on this site say that they didn't care about the playoffs?

If you didn't think that this game was exciting, you don't have a pulse. I hope that your relatives don't dial 9-1-1 because you don't have a pulse, just call a hearse.

What a game.

Bison56
Classless way to end a great a game.

dwtime
THANK YOU FCS FOR ANOTHER GREAT SEASON AND YET ANOTHER REASON WHY THIS IS THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL!
Yup

knucklehead
Didn't want to see it end like that. Wanted to see a FG try. Shouldn't have forced that ball in. But congrats Bison!

Bison56
January 10th, 2015, 03:18 PM
Great game!

DFW HOYA
January 10th, 2015, 03:18 PM
THANK YOU FCS FOR ANOTHER GREAT SEASON AND YET ANOTHER REASON WHY THIS IS THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL!

Don't count on it. As fare as ESPN is concerned, it's on to Ohio State and Oregon.

And the trophy ceremony Monday night won't be pre-empted to Baylor playing TCU at an actual high school gym.

Catsfan90
January 10th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Why did anyone on this site say that they didn't care about the playoffs?

If you didn't think that this game was exciting, you don't have a pulse. I hope that your relatives don't dial 9-1-1 because you don't have a pulse, just call a hearse.

What a game.
Because they are un American. They prefer the everyone wins attitude.

BEAR
January 10th, 2015, 03:19 PM
Great game by both teams. Strange way to win it but that's football!

Apphole
January 10th, 2015, 03:20 PM
What a game. Shame that it came down to some bad officiating.

catamount man
January 10th, 2015, 03:21 PM
Illinois State scored with way too much time left on the clock. Man I hope my CATS can get ONE title some day, let alone 4. Congrats Bison. GO CATS!

Wallace
January 10th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Don't count on it. As fare as ESPN is concerned, it's on to Ohio State and Oregon.
It isn't an NCAA championship, it is still a corp creation like the BCS

bullitt_60
January 10th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Congrats to the Bison! That's a record that won't be broken for a long time.

penguinpower
January 10th, 2015, 03:23 PM
I agree with bad officiating. NDSU was holding the Redbird receivers. Saw that multiple times with no call. Also saw the Redbird OL holding NDSU DE's.

SpreadtheRed
Congrats Bison x4. Hell of a game.

centennial
EPIC GAME

Drblankstare
My god. What a game. I am stunned

IBleedYellow
January 10th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Time to sleep. Wow.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

BisonFan02
January 10th, 2015, 03:26 PM
Great season Redbirds.....I'm at a loss for words.

Wallace
January 10th, 2015, 03:28 PM
I stayed up all night for this after working all day... well worth it. Now it is 5:26 a.m. So I wish all my FCS friends and fans a good night.

THE FCS IS BEST!

Bison56
What a game. Shame that it came down to some bad officiating.

?

Redbirdgrad
Great game Bison!

Great season Redbirds!

Winner here is the MVFC for sure... Epic title game.

GoAgs72
January 10th, 2015, 03:29 PM
1 North Dakota State
2 Illinois State

Last two spots filled on my poll. Excellent game - glad there was no blowout.

DFW HOYA
January 10th, 2015, 03:31 PM
It isn't an NCAA championship, it is still a corp creation like the BCS

And to 99 and 44/100ths of sports fans, it is the NCAA championship, thanks to the Worldwide Leader telling us so.

Meanwhile, the College Gameday crew, the announcers and a hundred or so other ESPN types are sitting around today 20 miles southwest of Frisco. Any chance of a cross-promotion allowed, an appearance by Corso or Herbstreit in Frisco, even a nod to the game on the default ESPN (not the Deuce)? Not a chance.

SpreadtheRed
January 10th, 2015, 03:31 PM
I think its safe to say after that game, that we were truly treated to seeing the two best teams in the country (in FCS of course), get to play each other for a championship. Looking forward to the Birds building. NDSU, lets do it again some time.

Twentysix
January 10th, 2015, 03:32 PM
And to 99 and 44/100ths of sports fans, it is the NCAA championship, thanks to the Worldwide Leader telling us so.

Meanwhile, the College Gameday crew, the announcers and a hundred or so other ESPN types are sitting around today 20 miles southwest of Frisco. Any chance of a cross-promotion allowed, an appearance by Corso or Herbstreit in Frisco, even a nod to the game on the default ESPN (not the Deuce)? Not a chance.

Sports center tommorow will be the last time it is talked about.

- - - Updated - - -

I think its safe to say after that game, that we were truly treated to seeing the two best teams in the country (in FCS of course), get to play each other for a championship. Looking forward to the Birds building. NDSU, lets do it again some time.

Yeah, great game!

BisonFan02
January 10th, 2015, 03:32 PM

This....and thank god it didn't happen in some regionalized semi/quarterfinal BS matchup.

Sundog
January 10th, 2015, 03:33 PM
I know where there are some runner up t-shirts.

Too soon?

Yup, y'all. Way too soon.

REALBird
January 10th, 2015, 03:34 PM
Great game NDSU. Congrats. Game came down to two plays IMO.

First was the fumble to start the second half which led to a FG.
Second was blitzing on 3rd and 14 AFTER you got a sack on 2nd down. You leave a nickel DB on an island. Wentz made a hellava throw.

Exceeded expectations but I wanted this one. NDSU fans were great. Lets do it again next year!

Bison56
January 10th, 2015, 03:38 PM
Just want to wish everyone who made the trip safe travels. See you next season.

Drblankstare
January 10th, 2015, 03:43 PM
The fact that somebody had to lose is a damn shame. ILL st was every inch the team I heard about. Congrats on a great season

Sycamore62
January 10th, 2015, 03:47 PM
Great game NDSU. Congrats. Game came down to two plays IMO.

First was the fumble to start the second half which led to a FG.
Second was blitzing on 3rd and 14 AFTER you got a sack on 2nd down. You leave a nickel DB on an island. Wentz made a hellava throw.

Exceeded expectations but I wanted this one. NDSU fans were great. Lets do it again next year!

I would throw in 2 more. The fumble on the first NDSU drive and the bad call on the fumble later when it would have taken them out of FG territory

BisonLurker
January 10th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Great game by both teams! Best championship I've watched out of the last 4!

Sycamore62
January 10th, 2015, 03:49 PM
Needed to take more time

Id like to reiterate this from after the ISUr score

TennBison
January 10th, 2015, 03:53 PM
I agree with bad officiating. NDSU was holding the Redbird receivers. Saw that multiple times with no call. Also saw the Redbird OL holding NDSU DE's.

So your basically saying they gave each team some slack in penalties. No unfair advantage to either team. And how is that bad?

January 10th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Congrats to the RedBirds on an outstanding year. This game was not a TKO is was a win by decision, your team was still standing at the end.

Bisonator
January 10th, 2015, 03:58 PM
Wow what a game, an instant classic! We all knew it was going to be but it lived up to all expectations. Both teams left it all on the field and it's a shame a team had to lose but that's what it's all about. So happy for our players and coaches. They made history and had to earn it! Congrats to Illinois State and their fans on a fantastic season! They have to be an early favorite to win it all next year!

Prime Power
January 10th, 2015, 04:09 PM
WOW..That game was so good, I didn't want it to be over.

REALBird
January 10th, 2015, 04:36 PM
Id like to reiterate this from after the ISUr score
The Roberson run was reminiscent of the UNH game. Explosive, you score when you can. DEF has to play deeper than the deepest, and drop back into a zone. Make Wentz find a opening, don't let him play pitch and catch. The receiver won the jump ball. Set them up for the game winning TD.

Catsfan90
January 10th, 2015, 04:37 PM
The Roberson run was reminiscent of the UNH game. Explosive, you score when you can. DEF has to play deeper than the deepest, and drop back into a zone. Make Wentz find a opening, don't let him play pitch and catch. The receiver won the jump ball. Set them up for the game winning TD.
Yah when I saw that I was like uh oh, this looks familiar. He really knows how to get it done when it comes down to it.

dudeitsaid
January 10th, 2015, 05:19 PM
Congrats to both teams. That was a heck of a game! NDSU...Wow! What a run.

And, I gotta say, the MVFC dominated this year, especially in the playoffs.

Lehigh Football Nation
January 10th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Congrats to NDSU on their 4th FCS NC in 4 years. By far this one was the most impressive. #FCSChampionship (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FCSChampionship)

penguinpower
January 10th, 2015, 05:31 PM
Should have been an overtime game. The bison held the Redbird receiver in the end zone on the 2 point conversion and there was a no call. Good play by the boson defender bit bad no call on the referee. This would have forced overtime and that would habe been the most fitting.

BisoNick
January 10th, 2015, 05:39 PM
Should have been an overtime game. The bison held the Redbird receiver in the end zone on the 2 point conversion and there was a no call. Good play by the boson defender bit bad no call on the referee. This would have forced overtime and that would habe been the most fitting.

They were both fighting for the ball. You let them play. I thought it was a good no call. Yes I am a little biased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skinny_uncle
January 10th, 2015, 05:44 PM
Congrats to both teams on a fitting championship game.

IBleedYellow
January 10th, 2015, 05:46 PM
How about jumping on teammates backs on the block xp? Or the horse collar tackle on NDSU's game winning drive?

There were many missed calls, it is what it is.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

Bison56
January 10th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Both teams played a hell of a game. Too bad some fans can't see that.

Professor Chaos
January 10th, 2015, 05:56 PM
What an awesome game. So proud of the Bison. Great game by the Redbirds, they have nothing to hang their heads about. They played well enough to win but the Bison just made one extra play in the end.

REALBird
January 10th, 2015, 05:59 PM
What an awesome game. So proud of the Bison. Great game by the Redbirds, they have nothing to hang their heads about. They played well enough to win but the Bison just made one extra play in the end.

Exactly what I told a Bison fan near us. Last one with the ball wins. Just ran out of time. Hellava game. Proud of our guys and our fans who made the trip.

birdsflyhigh
January 10th, 2015, 06:08 PM
WOW! Now that was a whale of a FCS national championship game. Big congrats out to NDSU as they are now 4 time defending champions. Very proud of the ISU Redbirds as they went toe-to-toe with the Bison in a game that could of went either way. As an FCS fan you have to love a championship game that truly delivers.

The Redbirds will have a ton coming back next season, but the schedule with be tough with pre-MVC at Iowa and at EIU, and then of course ISU gets to run through the toughest juggernaut in FCS....the MVFC. Fun season and really proud of the ISU Redbirds! :)

marenlee
January 10th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Exactly what I told a Bison fan near us. Last one with the ball wins. Just ran out of time. Hellava game. Proud of our guys and our fans who made the trip.

I enjoyed chatting with the Redbird fans next to us. Great time had by all!

REALBird
January 10th, 2015, 06:16 PM
I enjoyed chatting with the Redbird fans next to us. Great time had by all!
Goes without saying. Lots of friendly banter, but very respectful fan base those Bison were. Enjoyed conversation on Friday eve, All Day Saturday before, during and after the game.

REALBird
January 10th, 2015, 06:19 PM
Just want to wish everyone who made the trip safe travels. See you next season.

Ditto. Met lots of friends Bison fans. Couldn't get them to agree that the winners were supposed to buy burgers foe the other team at In-N-Out. But met lots of friendly people, and many who wished us a safe trip home. Many who I wished safe travels as well.

Its only a game. Getting home to your loved ones is what matters most.

Even met an EWU fan in Frisco. Still have the Rodgers family in our thoughts. Wish we could have won for both us and EWU Nation..

Next year.....maybe!

caribbeanhen
January 10th, 2015, 10:05 PM
Congrats to the Bison! That's a record that won't be broken for a long time.

I wouldn't put it past them to break it a year from now.....

Bronco
January 10th, 2015, 10:22 PM
Click to enlarge

ngineer
January 10th, 2015, 10:37 PM
Just got a chance to watch the game on dvr. Had commitment long ago to take the granddaughters to Disney on Ice! What a great game. One of the most exciting championship caliber games I have seen. Both teams played with a lot of heart. A lot of intense hitting. Taking advantage of the other's mistakes. Well played, guys! Kudos to the Bison.

Drblankstare
January 10th, 2015, 11:08 PM
I am in no shape to comment coherently about the game right now. I just want to congratulate ISU on an amazing game and season. All the Redbirds fans should be proud

ST_Lawson
January 10th, 2015, 11:35 PM
Between Spack and Lennon, there's some mighty fine mustaches in the Missouri Valley.

We had to go and get rid of Patterson (http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/don_patterson_880852.html), didn't we.

My wife commented that she thought that Spack had to be the illegitimate son of Don Patterson: https://i.imgur.com/TxB05v6.jpg

dewey
January 11th, 2015, 12:23 PM
Its only a game. Getting home to your loved ones is what matters most.

Agreed! I am just sitting at the airport in Charlotte and read through all 56 pages during my long layover back to Minneapolis. What an incredible game. We ran into numerous ISU fans and all of them were super nice but it is fairly simple...you treat people like you would like to be treated.

I am so immensely proud of my Alma mater! At 36 this will go down as the best sporting event I will ever see!

Dewey