PDA

View Full Version : FCS Finals : NDSU vs ISU

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Haha. You're paranoid. I purposely didn't post in this thread for days because of the few of you who constantly bitch and bellyache. xlolx

What pedestal am I on?

4th and bitchy is by far surpassing xcoach2 as my favorite Decembrist of all time.

Bisonoline
December 29th, 2014, 10:43 PM
Get real ... you've been stalking this thread, and picking a fight with us the whole way. Get off your pedestal and go take a look in the mirror.

Now thats funny. Heres a hint. Put your big boy pants on.

NDSUtk
December 29th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Take out SFA and SHSU two teams from a Conference that likely wouldn't have gotten two bids had the MEAC not imploded the final week of the season.

Real talk. I keep hearing about Frisco, 4 peats, Sea of Yellow, The Buck Winner. NDSU seems to have won against SFA and SHSU on mere talent alone, but the SDSU and Coastal games were a lot closer than any NDSU fan will admit they should have been playing in the comfy confines of Fargo.

Maybe I'm dumb but wtf does Stephen F Austin have to do with any of this? You twice refer to them and NDSU.

PantherRob82
December 29th, 2014, 10:47 PM
4th and bitchy is by far surpassing xcoach2 as my favorite Decembrist of all time.

He is pretty awesome. Especially with the preview we got at Panther Nation. There are some great Redbird fans out there so I shouldn't lump them all together.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe I'm dumb but wtf does Stephen F Austin have to do with any of this? You twice refer to them and NDSU.

They're so obsessed with UNI that they keep mentioning SFA. xlolx

BisonFan02
December 29th, 2014, 10:51 PM
He is pretty awesome. Especially with the preview we got at Panther Nation. There are some great Redbird fans out there so I shouldn't lump them all together.

- - - Updated - - -

They're so obsessed with UNI that they keep mentioning SFA. xlolx

I think SFA and NDSU both won games last year in March Madness or something....that's gotta be it. :D xlolx

PantherRob82
December 29th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Illinois State played big on the road in New Hampshire and Cheney. It has to give them a lot of confidence for Frisco which will basically be another away game. UNI had a similar path in 2005 and App State overran the NCAA game.

I think NDSU would still be here if they had to go to Brookings and Coastal. They have a lot of talent, great coaching and they've been there. The crowd in Fargo might help their defense, but noise doesn't help WRs catch balls or OL block.

gotts
December 29th, 2014, 11:01 PM
Is Illinois State a basketball school?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2014, 11:01 PM

****, it's barely a school.

BisonFan02
December 29th, 2014, 11:03 PM

Just gave the almighty wiki a gander....I'm not sure. :D xlolx

BisonFan02
December 29th, 2014, 11:04 PM
Illinois State played big on the road in New Hampshire and Cheney. It has to give them a lot of confidence for Frisco which will basically be another away game. UNI had a similar path in 2005 and App State overran the NCAA game.

I think NDSU would still be here if they had to go to Brookings and Coastal. They have a lot of talent, great coaching and they've been there. The crowd in Fargo might help their defense, but noise doesn't help WRs catch balls or OL block.

I would agree with this, but when was the last time a national champion won a game on the road in the process?

PantherRob82
December 29th, 2014, 11:07 PM
I would agree with this, but when was the last time a national champion won a game on the road in the process?

James Madison 2004

- - - Updated - - -

They typically follow their basketball team not closely than football and have had some good teams and players.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2014, 11:08 PM
James Madison 2004

- - - Updated - - -

They typically follow their basketball team not closely than football and have had some good teams and players.

It was Richmond in 2008. They were only home the opening round.

BisonFan02
December 29th, 2014, 11:08 PM
James Madison 2004

- - - Updated - - -

I think the bold says a lot...not saying it is a be all/end all, but there is something to be said about being able to be home throughout the process.

Check that, say Nodak's post for Richmond 2008....point still stands though.

PantherRob82
December 29th, 2014, 11:20 PM
I think JMU won all of their games on the road

Bisonoline
December 29th, 2014, 11:31 PM

Saw their BB arena about 5 years ago when we played there. It is really nice.

PantherRob82
December 29th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Saw their BB arena about 5 years ago when we played there. It is really nice.

I'd like to go to a game there. We popped in after a football game once as well.

dewey
December 30th, 2014, 05:54 AM
Here is a link to the a Bison Media Blog. The blog is run by two Fargo sports reporters, Jeff Kolpack from the Fargo Forum newspaper and Dom Izzo from WDAY. They do as good of a job at following NDSU and FCS as a whole as any reporters out there.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/

Here is a article/blog from the Minneapolis Star Tribune about a few NDSU players that grew up in Minneapolis and are now stars at NDSU. For those that don't know Minneapolis is about 3.5 hours from Fargo and are major recruiting grounds for NDSU along with USD, SDSU, UNI and UN_.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/286952471.html

Dewey

REALBird
December 30th, 2014, 06:23 AM
You're correct. Crappy team, overmatched and played another MVFC team UNI that plays in a dome. They looked so similar to SHSU (overmatched) that game I got them mixed up. Either way, neither were competitive against our fellow MVFC teams. My fault.....and duely noted! LOL.

Redbird 4th & short
December 30th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Haha. You're paranoid. I purposely didn't post in this thread for days because of the few of you who constantly bitch and bellyache. xlolx

What pedestal am I on?
Clueless, just as I thought. You love to judge others for b-itching and bellyaching ... but you troll this site, and that's all you do .. but you think you are above doing this.

Gil Dobie
December 30th, 2014, 08:29 AM
it's the brat pack, about three of them or so that are just basking in self accomplishment like they actually play the games, but all in all I would say the Bizun fans are outstanding considering they are going for 4 in a row.....

Thanks Carib, I've alwayz liked you Blewhenz fanz.

PantherRob82
December 30th, 2014, 09:54 AM
Clueless, just as I thought. You love to judge others for b-itching and bellyaching ... but you troll this site, and that's all you do .. but you think you are above doing this.

I don't troll this site at all, there's just 3-4 Redbird fans who are new to the internet.

It's amazing the friendships my "trolling" has built. We have a home tailgate in Missoula, tailgate with UNH parents and alumni, went to the McNeese State QB club luncheon, stayed with a mod from this board I've never met and the list goes on and on.

I look forward to your dinner invitation.

OSBF
December 30th, 2014, 09:55 AM

You have a post count of 36 as of this writing.

Rob is one of the most respected posters on AGS

If you want to find the troll look in a mirror

PantherRob82
December 30th, 2014, 10:01 AM

I wonder how many texts he got from Redbird fans about joining their tailgate for our playoff game. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2014, 10:02 AM
and here I thought it was going to be boring this week.

PantherRob82
December 30th, 2014, 10:05 AM
and here I thought it was going to be boring this week.

It will still be boring. I always say quality over quantity, but until he ends his 36 post bitchfest this will continue.

I've stated repeatedly that I think this will be a great game. I watched a lot of both teams this season and think anything is possible in Frisco. With 3 weeks of prep either team could come out of the gates with a hot hand, and if the other team can't adjust on the fly it could be over quick. That said, I expect both teams to come out and attempt to control the line of scrimmage, but since that's obvious i wonder if one tem will change the script.

Redbirdgrad
December 30th, 2014, 10:06 AM

Post count has little to do with the quality of posts. I hate when people use this as a crutch when trying to make a point.

Don't disagree or agree with the other part of the post that I just quoted... just stating this shouldn't be used in arguments. It's silly.

REALBird
December 30th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Post count has little to do with the quality of posts. I hate when people use this as a crutch when trying to make a point.

Don't disagree or agree with the other part of the post that I just quoted... just stating this shouldn't be used in arguments. It's silly.

Exactly, I have 247 posts since October 2005. To honestly suggest that every post requires my thoughts and opinions, or for me to just jump on to troll another team is just plain stupid.

I've mostly commented in the past on our stadium renovations, new uniforms, The MVFC on occassion. But my opinion of myself doesn't warrant me posting for "reputation" points or to appease a certain fanbase.

Quite honest, my work doesn't allow me to just hang here all day. My kids and family life don't allow me to hang out here all night. You guys are interesting, funny, and sometimes a bit annoying as hell. But it's all in fun. The people who take this crap personal really need to get their head examined. Most of us are still anonymous, self centered, opinionated sport junkies. I just can't get all the hostility as if AGS is only reserved for those who post everyday, or restricted to a certain fanbase. It comes off as childish and pathetic.

But hey.....whatever floats your (not specifically OSBF) boat!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2014, 10:31 AM
Exactly, I have 247 posts since October 2005. To honestly suggest that every post requires my thoughts and opinions, or for me to just jump on to troll another team is just plain stupid.

I've mostly commented in the past on our stadium renovations, new uniforms, The MVFC on occassion. But my opinion of myself doesn't warrant me posting for "reputation" points or to appease a certain fanbase.

Quite honest, my work doesn't allow me to just hang here all day. My kids and family life don't allow me to hang out here all night. You guys are interesting, funny, and sometimes a bit annoying as hell. But it's all in fun. The people who take this crap personal really need to get their head examined. Most of us are still anonymous, self centered, opinionated sport junkies. I just can't get all the hostility as if AGS is only reserved for those who post everyday, or restricted to a certain fanbase. It comes off as childish and pathetic.

Good thing my work does allow me to hang here all day. I'm going to help you out a bit here.

This is hostility

This is simply derision.

It doesn't matter how many posts you have. I'm pretty sure I have a few thousand dickish posts on here. When your whole body of work is hostile, then you get called out for it.

caribbeanhen
December 30th, 2014, 10:39 AM
. The people who take this crap personal really need to get their head examined!

That's a true but kind of sad statement!

PantherRob82
December 30th, 2014, 10:58 AM

Good thing my work does allow me to hang here all day. I'm going to help you out a bit here.

This is hostility

This is simply derision.

It doesn't matter how many posts you have. I'm pretty sure I have a few thousand dickish posts on here. When your whole body of work is hostile, then you get called out for it.

If you put all of these posts together then you have it about right. Post count doesn't matter, but if you never add anything of value to the discussion don't expect people to be disappointed that you don't post much.

This is the internet, it would be silly to take any of this personally. If anyone loses sleep at night over a post on this board then they should get checked out. But that said, many of us on this board love FCS football and the relationships we have built through tailgating with opponents and meeting people through this board, so don't be surprised if you get called out for whining, complaining and bitching.

Some people have a hard time distinguishing between football discussion and excuses.

UNI should have had a better season, but we didn't and it's over. I was essentially predicting an end like we saw since the SDSU game. I was optimistic that our coaching staff would see what was very evident from the stands and make some changes, but I didn't have a lot of faith that they would. I didn't make the trip to Normal because I figured they would either do what they did in the first half, or if we somehow won then I wanted to save that money for a trip west. Obviously I was glad with my decision. But I watched the entire game from home and had faith they could pull something out until the last touchdown.

I say all this to say, we all win and lose games over the years, and we all come back to post after it. No one is sour grapes about a loss a month ago, and if you cant handle anything negative said about your team, a message board is not for you.

Redbirdgrad
December 30th, 2014, 11:14 AM
A lot of "message boarding" is weeding out the a-holes from the fans who actually want to have discussions.

Either way, 3 weeks is a long time for two schools to wait who obviously know each other really well, so you're going to get some stupid comments and rising tensions along the way. It's unfortunate, but some people can only post while taking stabs at another person/fan base. It's the school yard mentality of using your recess time to find a kid to fight instead of enjoying the recess. It's fun until you lose the fight.

It's going to be a heck of a game, and no matter the outcome we have two MVFC teams in the final, which most have predicted all along the way. Someday the polls and the selection/seeding committee will figure it out, but for now let's enjoy the Valley Final and may the best team win!

PantherRob82
December 30th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Or we could all meet in Davenport for a dance fight. No cops. xlolx

Redbirdgrad
December 30th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Every year right before the NHL playoffs, there is an epic dance thread (memes?) that begins on another website. I'm not much for internet humor, but it's fantastic.

Could the same tradition begin here? 3 weeks would provide sufficient time to get it going...

Always a highlight to the NHL playoffs.

Kick it off PantherRob82... :)

Lehigh'98
December 30th, 2014, 11:41 AM
Coming from a le high fan that is funny. You patsy leaguers are the WORST.

The Patriot League has its fair share of insufferability as well. Probably the same % as any other conference. Most of us have a sense of humor when we suck though. Some NDSU posters get personally insulted at the mere suggestion that they could possibly get beat though. To their credit, it's only just a few posters though.

Back to the game, this is probably the best chance any team has of beating them since Georgia Southern in 2012.

PantherRob82
December 30th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Every year right before the NHL playoffs, there is an epic dance thread (memes?) that begins on another website. I'm not much for internet humor, but it's fantastic.

Could the same tradition begin here? 3 weeks would provide sufficient time to get it going...

Always a highlight to the NHL playoffs.

Kick it off PantherRob82... :)

I have a picture but can't post it from my phone. :(

Edit: got it

OSBF
December 30th, 2014, 11:54 AM

East DuBuque

BisonFan02
December 30th, 2014, 11:59 AM

Free lunch? :D

BisonFan02
December 30th, 2014, 12:01 PM
East DuBuque

I was always partial to Galena....seemed like a nice little town when I've been through there. :)

OSBF
December 30th, 2014, 12:08 PM
I was always partial to Galena....seemed like a nice little town when I've been through there. :)

Galena is an awesome little place

East Dubuque is probably the nastiest filthiest town in America that no one has ever heard of

Strip clubs and bars, the strippers are so nasty you can catch an STD just by looking at them

Back in the fall of '93 I was doing some work with/for the USACOE on flood reclamation projects stationed out of Rock Falls

They flat out told us anyone caught in da'buque in a car with GOV plates would be terminated off the project immediately, If we were somehow able to make it back to Rock Falls

Redbirdgrad
December 30th, 2014, 12:30 PM
I have a picture but can't post it from my phone. :(

Thats.... FANTASTIC. Animated would be sweeter!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 30th, 2014, 12:30 PM
NDSU's last 3 losses have been to conference teams. Ill State has a very good chance to win this just because of the familiarity factor. If NDSU was playing UNH, it would be another game like last year or a little closer but still a game probably like the SHSU game.

Looking forward to how the teams play each other right away. Field position will be key.

gotts
December 30th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Free lunch? :D

Chili? No beans?

Bisonator
December 30th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Both teams know each other well. They are physical, run the ball and stop the run type teams. Both play fundamentally sound in all phases and are well coached. Slight edge to ISU's offense and NDSU's defense. So that will be the key match up IMO. Hopefully it's the game that lives up to the billing and one team doesn't break away early because I don't think either team is built to come back from a 3 score deficit. Win or lose I'm looking forward to a great game. GO BISON!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Both teams know each other well. They are physical, run the ball and stop the run type teams. Both play fundamentally sound in all phases and are well coached. Slight edge to ISU's offense and NDSU's defense. So that will be the key match up IMO. Hopefully it's the game that lives up to the billing and one team doesn't break away early because I don't think either team is built to come back from a 3 score deficit. Win or lose I'm looking forward to a great game. GO BISON!!!

Only one team has this guy. Call me crazy but he has been the difference in a lot of games this season and years past.

http://cscca.org/content/images.speakers/78.standard.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 30th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Only one team has this guy. Call me crazy but he has been the difference in a lot of games this season and years past.

This here.

It was fun listening to the Iowa State coach in the post-game. He said the physical toll of "that" offense took effect on his team.xlolx Gee, you would think 22 more schollies would alleviate that....:D

Looking forward to a good game by both teams.

PantherRob82
December 30th, 2014, 01:01 PM
I love Dubuque. Never hang out over in East Dubuque. Galena is a great place as well.

Sycamore62
December 30th, 2014, 01:12 PM
This here.

It was fun listening to the Iowa State coach in the post-game. He said the physical toll of "that" offense took effect on his team.xlolx Gee, you would think 22 more schollies would alleviate that....:D

Looking forward to a good game by both teams.

i would think many of the other differences would trump the 22 extra scholarships.

sucking for a long time probably trumps the other differences though

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2014, 01:17 PM
i would think many of the other differences would trump the 22 extra scholarships.

sucking for a long time probably trumps the other differences though

Forget Iowa State. They did it at K State last year in 104 degree heat.

NDSU has the best strength and conditioning coach in college football. Bar ****ing none.

TheKingpin28
December 30th, 2014, 04:52 PM

This man truly has kept the Bison in every contest. Since Kramer came on board, I don't think I can remember in my 5yrs at NDSU a time where I saw hands on the hips for the D or panting for the O. He truly is IMO the top Strength and Conditioning coach in the nation for D1

MVC
December 30th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Question has been asked much earlier, and might have been answered in the high volume of posts, but from what conference will the officials be assigned?

344Johnson
December 30th, 2014, 07:26 PM
This man truly has kept the Bison in every contest. Since Kramer came on board, I don't think I can remember in my 5yrs at NDSU a time where I saw hands on the hips for the D or panting for the O. He truly is IMO the top Strength and Conditioning coach in the nation for D1

You very well could be right. But if he is the best, why is he working in Fargo and likely working for peanuts compared to the big schools?

NDSUtk
December 30th, 2014, 07:30 PM
You very well could be right. But if he is the best, why is he working in Fargo and likely working for peanuts compared to the big schools?
He had the opportunity to leave and turned it down. Not everyone works for the money, even in today's age.

Here is my source for the record: http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2110603-how-north-dakota-state-built-the-college-football-dynasty-youve-never-heard-of

Redbird 4th & short
December 30th, 2014, 09:03 PM
I wonder how many texts he got from Redbird fans about joining their tailgate for our playoff game. xlolx
Ok first personal insult coming .. what are you, 12 years old with that response ??

I do quite well over on Redbird Fan board, very unlike your admirer OSBF .. many there wonder what his problem is. But he's on your side, and you can have him.

Note, I didn't come here to make friends. I came here to banter, and certainly do not take constructive differences of opinions personally. I riled up our base over the ticket handling issue and accomplished what I set out to do. People woke up and realized we needed to take care of business because people like me got them to pay attention.

I also didn't come here under any false pretense. I used my same tag name from Redbird Fan board and then put Redbird in front of it, so people would know. I'm amazed when people are offended by differences of opinion on a fan board, and take it personally. I mean what is the point of opposing fans posting anonymously and being civil at all costs .. seriously, think about that, I don't get it. Where's the fun in that ? I think being genuine is more important than being civil in this environment. Outside the ticket issue, it's not like I'm rude, I just post things opposing fans disagree with.

And yes, I will go away when I have no other interest and nothing else to say. I am a full time Redbird fan. I have no interest in posting on other fan boards regularly, nor do I have the time. Obviously, the only reason I am here right now is the national championship game and some posters had mentioned this site to me. I wll be gone after the game is over.

What is the real harm in any of this ?

Professor Chaos
December 30th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Ok first personal insult coming .. what are you, 12 years old with that response ??

I do quite well over on Redbird Fan board, very unlike your admirer OSBF .. many there wonder what his problem is. But he's on your side, and you can have him.

Note, I didn't come here to make friends. I came here to banter, and certainly do not take constructive differences of opinions personally. I riled up our base over the ticket handling issue and accomplished what I set out to do. People woke up and realized we needed to take care of business because people like me got them to pay attention.

I also didn't come here under any false pretense. I used my same tag name from Redbird Fan board and then put Redbird in front of it, so people would know. I'm amazed when people are offended by differences of opinion on a fan board, and take it personally. I mean what is the point of opposing fans posting anonymously and being civil at all costs .. seriously, think about that, I don't get it. Where's the fun in that ? I think being genuine is more important than being civil in this environment.

And yes, I will go away when I have no other interest and nothing else to say. I am a full time Redbird fan. I have no interest in posting on other fan boards regularly, nor do I have the time. Obviously, the only reason I am here right now is the national championship game and some posters had mentioned this site to me. I wll be gone after the game is over.

If you and people like you are so good at rallying support around your Redbirds how did you only get 5,500 tickets sold in your 13,400 seat stadium for the UNI playoff game with a good chunk of that being UNI fans buying "your" tickets? You either have a bloated sense of self-importance or your fan base has way more bandwagoners than I thought.

Bisonator
December 30th, 2014, 09:13 PM
If you and people like you are so good at rallying support around your Redbirds how did you only get 5,500 tickets sold in your 13,400 seat stadium for the UNI playoff game with a good chunk of that being UNI fans buying "your" tickets? You either have a bloated sense of self-importance or your fan base has way more bandwagoners than I thought.

Apparently it takes the threat of Bison fans "stealing" their tickets to get them to buy them. xlolx

Bisonoline
December 30th, 2014, 09:14 PM

Interesting fact is they support their team so well they have REDUCED seating capacity over the years starting from 18,000 down to 13,400.

Redbird 4th & short
December 30th, 2014, 09:59 PM

Are you kidding with that question ? You think that I think I fill seats in the stadium at Hancock or Frisco ? I never said or inferred that. ISU got caught completely unprepared for the ticket buying and NDSU coming onto our site to buy our tickets. The ticket office / admin people, along with our fan base, needed to wake up and make sure we got as many of the 3,300 tickets allotted for ISU as possible. We needed a sense of urgency and communication that wasn't there until well into the process .. the AD admitted as much, even while covering his butt for the mishandling .. Bison fans poked fun at his ignorance during the interview. So yes, our fan board (me and several others like me, in that regard) helped along with others not part of our fan board, ensure it got the attention and urgency needed to ensure we secured as many of our own tickets.

So when I said, 'I and others like me", it referred specifically to people trying to rile the base and ticket office .. hence, the "like me" part. Not quite the vain interpretation you hoped for.

Rollbird5
December 30th, 2014, 10:02 PM

Part of it was that students were done with finals on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday and had to get out of their dorms by certain time. Didn't help that it was pretty cold too. Not excuses just some reasons why some people didn't go. Still should of had more fans in the stadium

Professor Chaos
December 30th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Are you kidding with that question ? You think that I think I fill seats in the stadium at Hancock or Frisco ? I never said or inferred that. ISU got caught completely unprepared for the ticket buying and NDSU coming onto our site to buy our tickets. The ticket office / admin people, along with our fan base, needed to wake up and make sure we got as many of the 3,300 tickets allotted for ISU as possible. We needed a sense of urgency and communication that wasn't there until well into the process .. the AD admitted as much, even while covering his butt for the mishandling .. Bison fans poked fun at his ignorance during the interview. So yes, our fan board (me and several others like me, in that regard) helped along with others not part of our fan board, ensure it got the attention and urgency needed to ensure we secured as many of our own tickets.

So when I said, 'I and others like me", it referred specifically to people trying to rile the base and ticket office .. hence, the "like me" part. Not quite the vain interpretation you hoped for.
So you're saying ISU fans were aware that there were plenty of tickets available for the UNI playoff game and just didn't care. So I guess that means there are a lot of bandwagon ISU fans going to Frisco since a lot more seem to care now than they did a 4-5 weeks ago.

Redbird 4th & short
December 30th, 2014, 10:12 PM
Interesting fact is they support their team so well they have REDUCED seating capacity over the years starting from 18,000 down to 13,400.
yep, nothing good going on with ISU football .. I can tell you are pretty informed poster who does his research before posting.

p.s. or maybe your just baiting me .. nah !!

Redbird 4th & short
December 30th, 2014, 10:13 PM
So you're saying ISU fans were aware that there were plenty of tickets available for the UNI playoff game and just didn't care. So I guess that means there are a lot of bandwagon ISU fans going to Frisco since a lot more seem to care now than they did a 4-5 weeks ago.

yes, actually .. we know we have to build our fan base. Never suggested otherwise nor hid from that fact.

So what was your point ??

NDB
December 30th, 2014, 10:14 PM
The ticket office / admin people, along with our fan base, needed to wake up and make sure we got as many of the 3,300 tickets allotted for ISU as possible.

And they got that when I politely emailed them the 20th which is a hell ova lot sooner than you or any other ISUr fan had any idea what the hell was going on.

NDB
December 30th, 2014, 10:16 PM
yes, actually .. we know we have to build our fan base. Never suggested otherwise nor hid from that fact.

His point is that if you can't sell 3,500 tickets to home playoff game ISUr probably isn't going to have that many fans at a game 900 miles away.

FYI: they won't.

Bisonoline
December 30th, 2014, 10:17 PM

I also didn't come here under any false pretense. I used my same tag name from Redbird Fan board and then put Redbird in front of it, so people would know. I'm amazed when people are offended by differences of opinion on a fan board, and take it personally. I mean what is the point of opposing fans posting anonymously and being civil at all costs .. seriously, think about that, I don't get it. Where's the fun in that ? I think being genuine is more important than being civil in this environment. Outside the ticket issue, it's not like I'm rude, I just post things opposing fans disagree with.

Thats a lot of wind just to say you like being a dick. Now that we have established that what do you want to banter about?

Redbird 4th & short
December 30th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Yes, actually. We know we have to build a more loyal fan base. Never suggested otherwise, nor hid from this.

We had mayve 150 at EWU and maybe 300 at UNH. Tough trips on a weeks notice given our weak fan base. But we're expecting closer to 3,000 maybe more at Dallas with 3 weeks notice and easier options getting to Dallas area

So what is your point ??

Professor Chaos
December 30th, 2014, 10:20 PM

My point is it's silly for you to come on here and beat your chest about "riling up" a bunch of bandwagoners on your message board. It's also silly for some NDSU fans to keep thinking they need to remind you and other Redbird fans that there will be more than a few Bison fans in Frisco. Big deal, the more the merrier I say. This thread would be a lot more tolerable if the chest thumping on both sides about the fan support they're mustering would stick to their own message boards.

...until we can post some pictures of the scene down in Frisco in the days leading up to the game.

Redbird 4th & short
December 30th, 2014, 10:22 PM
And they got that when I politely emailed them the 20th which is a hell ova lot sooner than you or any other ISUr fan had any idea what the hell was going on.

So we're in agreement .. but you think it is a disagreement ?? Please explain your point

p.s. I got mine, so don't worry too much about me

Sycamore62
December 30th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Illinois had a home game that day, indoors

options folks

Professor Chaos
December 30th, 2014, 10:36 PM

options folks
There's lots of options that are closer to Bloomington/Normal than Frisco on January 10th too. Playoff football in Green Bay, Bulls basketball in Chicago, Illini men's basketball Lincoln to face the Huskers the next day.

Redbird 4th & short
December 30th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Thats a lot of wind just to say you like being a dick. Now that we have established that what do you want to banter about?

Trust me when I say, I am not alone on this board.

Bisonoline
December 30th, 2014, 10:46 PM
Trust me when I say, I am not alone on this board.

xthumbsupx

Redbird 4th & short
December 30th, 2014, 11:02 PM
My point is it's silly for you to come on here and beat your chest about "riling up" a bunch of bandwagoners on your message board. It's also silly for some NDSU fans to keep thinking they need to remind you and other Redbird fans that there will be more than a few Bison fans in Frisco. Big deal, the more the merrier I say. This thread would be a lot more tolerable if the chest thumping on both sides about the fan support they're mustering would stick to their own message boards.

...until we can post some pictures of the scene down in Frisco in the days leading up to the game.

you want me to go back and recap all the posts and explain why I explained the necessity of having to rile up our base and get our ticket office to step up ??

if your that interested in debating this debate .. you go back and read my original posts. I just did. i simply responded in kind to hostile and/or misinformed posts .. tit for tat .. and I am not allowed ?? I have to first kiss someone's butt or ring when they are being hostile towards ISU and I disagree ?

You guys have your little good ol' boys club thing going strong .. good for you. But I didn't come here to make friends. If that makes me a "dick" like many of you, so be it. But get off your pedastals about this whole fan board thing.

Redbird 4th & short
December 30th, 2014, 11:25 PM

options folks
It's not just a matter of that day either. We have bunch of pro sports teams, and a buch of FBS college sports teams, and a bunch of FCS sports teams all located in IL. Not to mention neighboring Indiana and Notre Dame and the likes. Sycamore's point is obvious .. there are a lot of options for entertainment in IL. For winning 3 playoff games, including come from behind win over #1 seed, and making it to national championship, Chicago Tribue gaves about 50 word article on page 3 of sports section .. that is our reality in Illinois .. many many options for fans.

Also note, Bloomington-Normal is a thriving smal-mid sized town. It is thriving because it has nice blend of white and blue collar industries. What that means is all those people that come work for StateFarm, Country Financial, Mitsubishi ... many of them did not go to ISU .. they went somewhere else.

Last note, as for the football program, we are coming off of nearly 50 years of lethargy. We finally started to move things forward in earnest the last 5 years. Out stadium has undergone the first stage of a very nice renovation - look it up. We tore down 2500 seats in end zone several years ago because it wasn't structurally sound and we had no commitment yet to do anything new. We then tore down the eastside (away) that had maybe 3,500 seats which was basically an erector set of rusted steel and 5 different shades of dilapitated wood. They replaced it with about 5,800 seats with all the amenities of a 1st class stadium (albeit modest sized), with future plans to continue with same all the way around as funds are raised.

We did this without a lot of support initially and knowing our fan base was not strong. We played in 2012 with half a stadium during th eastside renovation and average jusy 6500 per game over 6 games, despite being a Top 10 team. In 2013, with half new stadium, we were 5-6 and averaged 10k in 5 home games, but 3 were special events (opener, homecoming, and family weekend). We were also average 10k this year thru 5 games (incl 3 special events), but then fell below 10k average with 2 extra home games weather slipping and no special events.

I already said we had 5650 for UNI playoff, then maybe 150 at EWU, and 300 at UNH. That is our reality and we don;t hide from this. So we don't care if this national championship run draws bandwagoners or lazy fans out of the woodwork. We're building something here. Don't be too surprised in we get 3,000+ at Frisco .. I don't know this nor could I. I just know there is a lot of excitement surronding this program. We're not too proud to take whatever we can get.

Sycamore62
December 30th, 2014, 11:37 PM
If I were a fan, I'd be less inclined to go watch ISUr play UNI again than to go to Texas and watch the national champ game.

I assume they are a 50% bigger version of ISUb. Some die hards but a lot of convenient fans.

Redbird 4th & short
December 31st, 2014, 12:02 AM
bingo, but we're finally moving forward. Honestly, our season and then the ticket buying fiasco woke a lot of people up. It was embarrassing that we had to scramble to buy our own tickets to a national championship game. AD Lyons embarrassed us further when he accepted an interview about what happened, and was obviously unprepared. He admitted communication and preparation could have been better, but seemed to make light of that issue. He then kept saying there is a lot of misinformation out there, as if it was outside his control ... it just fell flat every time he said it. Then he talked about allottments and general admission. He still had no idea that NDSU was not just trying to buy our tickets, but had already scooped up most of the general admission tickets - he actually said he still needed to check into when general admission tickets went on sale. Just didn't do his homework for the interview.

BisonFan02
December 31st, 2014, 12:51 AM
bingo, but we're finally moving forward. Honestly, our season and then the ticket buying fiasco woke a lot of people up. It was embarrassing that we had to scramble to buy our own tickets to a national championship game. AD Lyons embarrassed us further when he accepted an interview about what happened, and was obviously unprepared. He admitted communication and preparation could have been better, but seemed to make light of that issue. He then kept saying there is a lot of misinformation out there, as if it was outside his control ... it just fell flat every time he said it. Then he talked about allottments and general admission. He still had no idea that NDSU was not just trying to buy our tickets, but had already scooped up most of the general admission tickets - he actually said he still needed to check into when general admission tickets went on sale. Just didn't do his homework for the interview.

I don't mean to poke the stick or anything about the subject, but I remember listening to that interview and being completely dumbfounded with how unprepared Lyons was. It was pretty bizarre.

Redbird 4th & short
December 31st, 2014, 01:50 AM
I don't mean to poke the stick or anything about the subject, but I remember listening to that interview and being completely dumbfounded with how unprepared Lyons was. It was pretty bizarre.
Agree, it was very surprising given the interview happened after the initial uproar and recovery attempt, so he presumably had looked into it .. apparently not enough. And then the comment not knowing there was misinformation about some important date posted on our website .. interviewer told him twice, you might want to check into and get it removed, because it was wrong. Mistakes happen, but it made his department look bad again.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 31st, 2014, 05:37 AM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5318&d=1419984634

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 31st, 2014, 06:58 AM
Agree, it was very surprising given the interview happened after the initial uproar and recovery attempt, so he presumably had looked into it .. apparently not enough. And then the comment not knowing there was misinformation about some important date posted on our website .. interviewer told him twice, you might want to check into and get it removed, because it was wrong. Mistakes happen, but it made his department look bad again.

Seeing is believing when it comes to the ISU contingent at Frisco. You are thinking of 3K + fans? IMO, it will be a success for ISU if they can get close to 2K fans.

We'll see on the 10th.

OSBF
December 31st, 2014, 07:25 AM

Respect is a fickle little bitch

She's never given away for free

She must always be earned

OSBF
December 31st, 2014, 07:33 AM
His point is that if you can't sell 3,500 tickets to home playoff game ISUr probably isn't going to have that many fans at a game 900 miles away.

FYI: they won't.

AD was on local radio yesterday morning during my drive to the office

Said they still have (+-) 250 tickets

caribbeanhen
December 31st, 2014, 07:34 AM

but who has the other 3250?

OSBF
December 31st, 2014, 07:35 AM

I can account for 2

PantherRob82
December 31st, 2014, 08:18 AM

xlolx

AmsterBison
December 31st, 2014, 08:35 AM
Last note, as for the football program, we are coming off of nearly 50 years of lethargy. We finally started to move things forward in earnest the last 5 years. Out stadium has undergone the first stage of a very nice renovation - look it up. We tore down 2500 seats in end zone several years ago because it wasn't structurally sound and we had no commitment yet to do anything new. We then tore down the eastside (away) that had maybe 3,500 seats which was basically an erector set of rusted steel and 5 different shades of dilapitated wood. They replaced it with about 5,800 seats with all the amenities of a 1st class stadium (albeit modest sized), with future plans to continue with same all the way around as funds are raised.

That seems like a good strategy. Too small is better than too big. Hopefully you get a big bounce in attendance next year because it would be more fun all around if MVFC teams played in packed houses every weekend even if it means that it's harder for visiting Bison fans to get a ticket.

Redbirdgrad
December 31st, 2014, 09:55 AM
What ISU has done with the football stadium is fantastic. Yes, there are fewer seats, but the overall look, feel, and experience, when coming in from the east side of the stadium is leaps and bounds better than what it used to be.

If the winning continues, and the bandwagoners jump on (which is fine by me...the more the merrier), and donations improve (we've seen an influx of larger ones lately), then the horseshoe can be complete, the field house can be torn down, and work can begin on the west side.

It's honestly a good time to be a Redbird fan. Lots of positives happening at ISU.

dewey
December 31st, 2014, 10:45 AM
Here is a link to a The Sports Network article about the similarities and differences between Illinois State and NDSU with UNI head coach Mark Farley talking about each team.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_12_31_2014.htm

Philadelphia, PA (SportsNetwork.com) - His team lost in the
round of 16 of the FCS playoffs, yet Northern Iowa football coach Mark Farley
says his team has made a strong case to be voted to the top 5 in the final
rankings.

The Panthers boast a strong argument.

UNI was knocked
out in a revenge game on the road at Illinois State. The winning Redbirds then
went on to beat the No. 4 (Eastern Washington) and No. 1 (New Hampshire) seeds
on the road.

What made the UNI-Illinois State matchup a revenge game is
that UNI is the only team this season to beat both FCS national finalists -
Illinois State and North Dakota State. Both one-loss teams will meet for the
national title on Jan. 10 in Frisco, Texas.

"It puts us in the top
echelon that they're going to be 1 and 2, we should be very close to being in
that 3 to 5 category as far as ranking at the end of the season," Farley said.
"They did a great job, but I think it says a lot for our program, it says a lot
for playing against us in the UNI-Dome.

"It kind of shows the quality of
our team and it also shows the quality of our league."

North Dakota
State (14-1), the three-time defending national champion, and Illinois State
(13-1), a first-time finalist, didn't face each other while they both went 7-1
in Missouri Valley games and tied for the conference title. It's a conference
that dominated the FCS ranks this season, matching the single- season record
with five playoff teams.

That list included the UNI team that surged
into the playoffs by winning its final five games in the regular season. The
Panthers struggled offensively in their 42-28 win over Illinois State on Nov. 1,
but benefited from touchdowns on a blocked punt return, a kickoff return and an
interception return.

A week later in Cedar Falls, UNI ended North Dakota
State's FCS-record 33-game winning streak with a thorough, 23-3 rout.

After his team blew out Stephen F. Austin in the first round of the
playoffs, Farley thought his team could potentially reach the national final if
it could beat Illinois State in the second round. But the host Redbirds
dominated UNI in the first half en route to a 41-21 victory, which ended the
Panthers' season at 9-5.

Farley expects the FCS championship game to be
just another typical Saturday afternoon in the Missouri Valley Conference. In
the 37th season of the national playoffs, this will mark the first championship
meeting between two teams from the same conference.

"I expect it will be
a well-contested, great football game," Farley said.

"It's really two
similar teams, but two very different teams, to try to beat in a game like this.
North Dakota State is going to wear you down with the power game inside and
(John) Crockett running the football and their quarterback (Carson Wentz) really
does a good job of making decisions. On third down is really when the
quarterback really steps up. But with Illinois State, every down could be an
explosive play."

In the regular-season win over Illinois State, UNI
contained Redbirds quarterback Tre Roberson while All-America running back
Marshaun Coprich ran for 166 yards and three touchdowns. That 1-2 offensive
punch then delivered the knockout blow to UNI in the playoffs, with Roberson
throwing for four touchdowns and gaining 419 yards of total offense.

Roberson wears a Superman T-shirt under his shoulder pads to remind
himself to play like "The Man of Steel."

"What I'd say about Illinois
State is their quarterback is exceptional. He makes it all work at Illinois
State," Farley said. "The running back is great and they've got a big offensive
line and they've got a couple of real tall receivers, but the quarterback is
really the trigger. His ability to run, his ability to make a bad play into a
great play, he has those capabilities. That's what makes them as dangerous as
they are, it makes them the caliber of team they are right now.

What
Farley particularly likes about Illinois State's defense is its ability to run
down ball carriers. Big defensive end Teddy Corwin and middle linebacker Pat
Meehan earned All-Missouri Valley first-team honors, but Farley says the talent
runs deep on a defense that jelled throughout the season.

"Really
athletic," Farley said. "You look at the transfer from Ohio State (defensive end
David Perkins), he really creates a pass rushing problem, he's got great
ability, No. 4. They have the transfer from Oregon (linebacker Oshay Dunmore).
They're just getting better each game because the more they're there and playing
together, the better they get. And I think the guy that we thought was kind of
the guy that made things go for them, (and) they have two really good safeties,
he's No. 3 (Dontae McCoy). He really does a nice job, he plays fast, he plays
tough, to me he's the quarterback of their defense. And their other safety, No.
1 (Tevin Allen), is really quick as well."

As for North Dakota State,
UNI stunned the Bison this season by stealing their patented game plan - a
strong run game and suffocating defense. The Bison have won 15 straight
postseason games and will have invaluable championship game experience over
Illinois State.

"North Dakota State, they're more of a physical football
team," Farley said. "When you play them, they wear you down, they're going to be
a team that more or less is going to come directly at you, versus Illinois
State, they're more of a spread-you-out-type of team.

"You look at
(NDSU), I think Crockett is a great running back, and they give him the ball
enough times that he's going to find a crack in the seam and you really have to
keep him within his element. Every time he touches the ball, he's got a chance a
chance for scoring - that's the concern when you play North Dakota State."

The Bison defense is even more experienced than their offense and
features defensive end Kyle Emanuel, the 2014 Buck Buchanan Award recipient as
the national defensive player of the year. Like Emanuel, linebacker Carlton
Littlejohn and strong safety Colten Heagle will start in the national final for
the third time, while free safety Christian Dudzik will achieve it for the
fourth time. Starting linebacker Esley Thornton and cornerback C.J. Smith also
started in last year's final.

"They play very hard - that's the way I
can describe it in my terms," Farley said of a defense that is ranked second in
the FCS in scoring defense (13.2 ppg) and third in total defense (270.8 ypg).
"And that's why they're so consistent."

North Dakota State has won the
last three meetings against Illinois State, most recently 28-10 in 2013. Both
programs are so familiar with each other, but Farley doesn't believe that will
stop them from trying to play to their strengths.

"When you know each
other through playing, through repetition, you have an idea what their
philosophy is," he said. "And you've played them before, so you have an idea
what their talent is - how you've played them before. And then when you get in
the game planning part of it, I think the key is not to outcoach yourself.

"Those players are making plays for you right now, so you want to do
what you do well and let the players make the difference in the game and not so
much try to out-scheme yourself and not try to outsmart the other guy. Both
teams will play to their strength."

Dewey

OSBF
December 31st, 2014, 11:30 AM
bump

been a while since there was a post............................

:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 31st, 2014, 12:29 PM
Good analysis by Farley.

Twentysix
December 31st, 2014, 01:35 PM
Good analysis by Farley.

Yeah, he should just make an account here, it would really save the trouble of having to copy and paste his thoughts :p.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 31st, 2014, 02:06 PM
Now wait. Over at the red birds site, they say don't dwell on the past. Of course, when you have no past, there is nothing on which to dwell.

They are like the Decembrists of football teams.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 31st, 2014, 02:24 PM

So you should have let the NDSU fans buy the tickets.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 31st, 2014, 02:32 PM
So you should have let the NDSU fans buy the tickets.

Maybe they are admin/band/vip tickets.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 31st, 2014, 02:49 PM
GOLD RUSH.....https://www.facebook.com/NDBison/photos/a.214525824531.164571.7791099531/10153010787194532/?type=1

dewey
December 31st, 2014, 11:13 PM
Here is a link to the Minneapolis Star Tribune talking about the University of Minnesota's Citrus bowl game against Missouri. Minnesota's first new years day bowl game since 1962. The article talks about the Gophers bringing 8000 fans to the game. NDSU will bring at least 16000 fans to Frisco Texas. Surprising that Minnesota can't bring more to the game granted it is farther to Orlando then it is to Frisco.

http://m.startribune.com/sports/gophers/287264631.html?section=/

NDSU has an almost cult like following and as a fan it is AWESOME!

Dewey

344Johnson
January 1st, 2015, 03:52 AM
Here is a link to the Minneapolis Star Tribune talking about the University of Minnesota's Citrus bowl game against Missouri. Minnesota's first new years day bowl game since 1962. The article talks about the Gophers bringing 8000 fans to the game. NDSU will bring at least 16000 fans to Frisco Texas. Surprising that Minnesota can't bring more to the game granted it is farther to Orlando then it is to Frisco.

http://m.startribune.com/sports/gophers/287264631.html?section=/

NDSU has an almost cult like following and as a fan it is AWESOME!

Dewey

When was the last time NDSU brought 8000 to an "exhibition" game. Tell ya what, if the Gophers make it to a Natty in my lifetime, they could pack the stadium by themselves. As would any fan base at a MAJOR state school in a reasonably heavily populated area.

OMG NDSU ONLY HAD 12K AT THE FIRST EVER FARGODOME PLAYOFF GAME. First playoff game in Fargo in my ENTIRE lifetime and we had 12K there. Who the heck are you to judge the Gopher fans for not going more than 8K to what is essentially an exhibition game?

The day you can judge that program(that I support as far as B1G play goes) is the day NDSU starts winning recruiting battles against them. (Hint: Don't think we have pulled it off, too lazy to dig)

Bisonoline
January 1st, 2015, 04:08 AM
When was the last time NDSU brought 8000 to an "exhibition" game. Tell ya what, if the Gophers make it to a Natty in my lifetime, they could pack the stadium by themselves. As would any fan base at a MAJOR state school in a reasonably heavily populated area.

OMG NDSU ONLY HAD 12K AT THE FIRST EVER FARGODOME PLAYOFF GAME. First playoff game in Fargo in my ENTIRE lifetime and we had 12K there. Who the heck are you to judge the Gopher fans for not going more than 8K to what is essentially an exhibition game?

The day you can judge that program(that I support as far as B1G play goes) is the day NDSU starts winning recruiting battles against them. (Hint: Don't think we have pulled it off, too lazy to dig)

If you remember correctly(or you were just too drunk like usual) we were the LAST team picked which only gave people 4-5 days and it was also thanksgiving weekend and the student were gone. Nobody thought we were going to make the playoffs so nobody was prepared.

FYI most of out OOC games have been exhibition games. Incarnate word, Prairie View A&M just to name a few of a long list of under achievers. For those games I know we draw well over 16,000.

Also for you to try and bring in recruiting battles to TRY and bolster your pathetic argument is a major FAIL.

Redbird 4th & short
January 1st, 2015, 06:56 AM
Redbirds had them, but we scalped them all at half price to Bison fans to make sure they hit their numbers again this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 1st, 2015, 07:12 AM

Nice try. That will never happen. Gopher fans would never pack any stadium in any bowl game they were in....ever!

Truth is and you can believe it or not, NDSU fans travel better than Gophers fan......period! Proven over and over.

Now go back to watching Notre Dame.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 1st, 2015, 07:13 AM
Redbirds had them, but we scalped them all at half price to Bison fans to make sure they hit their numbers again this year.

I appreciate the effort but NDSU will still have 85% or more of the fans there. I'll be surprised if Ill State has 2K fans.

Redbird 4th & short
January 1st, 2015, 07:38 AM
I appreciate the effort but NDSU will still have 85% or more of the fans there. I'll be surprised if Ill State has 2K fans.
I think that has been well established and acknowledged for over a week now. The question is how far we push your number from last years 95% to 85%, despite the Bison having a 3 year + 18 hour headstart on this process. Not bad for a team that only drew 5,600 for UNI home playoff game, and then 150 at EWU and maybe 300 at UNH.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 1st, 2015, 09:18 AM
Oh boy! Only one more week before I leave for Frisco and never have to see or hear from fourth and bitchy again. Although I really want to know where RedbirdDad10 is sitting. I would pay anything for tickets in his section.

Redbird 4th & short
January 1st, 2015, 09:35 AM
Oh boy! Only one more week before I leave for Frisco and never have to see or hear from fourth and bitchy again. Although I really want to know where RedbirdDad10 is sitting. I would pay anything for tickets in his section.
you bitch a lot about other people bitching, even though I was not bitching on that last post. I responded in kind to the specific post .. right ? You see the irony ?

p.s. how old are you ?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 1st, 2015, 09:50 AM
you bitch a lot about other people bitching, even though I was not bitching on that last post. I responded in kind to the specific post .. right ? You see the irony ?

p.s. how old are you ?

Older than you think.

You're just like every other clown that has come on here when your team is in the semifinals. They almost never stick around after.

Redbird 4th & short
January 1st, 2015, 10:07 AM
Older than you think.

You're just like every other clown that has come on here when your team is in the semifinals. They almost never stick around after.
Correct, I already covered that. I am only here until championship game. I made no misrepresentations about that. And I don't get why that is a problem. Nor do I give a rats behind if that bothers you in the least. Get over yourself .. and my leaving.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 1st, 2015, 10:08 AM
Correct, I already covered that. I am only here until championship game. I made no misrepresentations about that. And I don't why that is a problem. Nor do I give a rats behind if that bothers you in the least. Get over yourself.

Ask around, that's pretty much impossible.

Here's my question. How is a johnny come lately going to talk about his johnny come lately team like it's anything else?

Redbird 4th & short
January 1st, 2015, 10:27 AM
If were going to talk about who had better overall season (edge to NDSU) or who's had better recent 6 game, including 3 game playoff run (ISU) or who has better run game (edge to ISU for QB Roberson) or pass game (toss up, but ISU more explosive) or front 7 (toss up, possible edge to NDSU) or back 7 (edge to NDSU), and special teams (edge to NDSU), roster talent (edge to ISU), coaching (edge to Spack .. see below before you react !!). So i see this as an evenly matched game, but give nod to my ISU Redbirds per below.

Aside from these teams being evenly matched. Here is where I think we have 2 advantages: a) Roberson has figured this system out and is on a 6 game tear, but will have to be sharp against best "overall" defense in country, and b) Spack has had consistent (albeit modest) success against NDSU over the last 4 years. I know we are 1-3 with our only win in 2010, but look at each game closer:

- 2010: ISU won 34-24 at home, we had more 1st downs, run yards, pass yards. We finished 6-5. NDSU finished 9-5 and went on to win 2 playoff games before losing to eventual champ EWU in OT.
- 2011: NDSU won 20-10 at home, but ISU again had more 1st downs, same run yards, more pass yards. We finished 7-4. NDSU finished 14-1 with national championship. Very few teams played you as tough as we did that year.
- 2012: NDSU won 38-20 at ISU, but ISU lead after 3 qtrs before collapsing in Q4. We again finished with more 1st downs and pass yards, but NDSU had the run advantage that day and we lost our momentum and collapsed in Q4 - I remember it well. ISU finished 9-4 making the final 8 (with no real run game mind you). NDSU again went 14-1 and national champs. Again, very few teams played you as tough as we did.
- 2013: NDSU won 28-10 at home, but ISU hung tough, had the ball twice in 4th quarter down 11. NDSU scored with 1 min left to go up 28-10 after an improbable 3rd and 21 scramble by Jensen, got NDSU a 4th and 1, which they converted and eventually scored TD to win by 18. We came limping into that game with anemic pass game, solid run game, and a questionable but improving defense that had given up 50+ points 3 times that season. Our special teams crapped the bed and gave NDSU field position. ISU finishes 5-6. NDSU finishes 15-0. Even our worst team of Spack era hung tough against what was arguably NDSU's best team ever.

I realize 1-3 is 1-3, but Spack seems very comfortable preparing for and the playing the game NDSU plays. This year's teams is built on the backs and record of last years team. There are only 2 new players, QB Roberson and LB Dunmore. Certainly Roberson is a game changer for us, and Dunmore is a very strong presence. We had to replace 3 of 4 on DL, did that and are even better this year. We lost bunch of WR reps, but Neblett was out lats year and Meredith has turned into a serious WR after struggling last year to make switch from QB. We otherwise returned a lot of starters. But we're a year older and a whole lot better, and have a serious chip on our shoulders.

Spack will have our guys ready for this game. Then the players will decided the game on Jan 10th. But Spack knows how to prep for NDSU and he has his best roster yet.

And as for 17,000 Bison fans, here's one last thought .. that only really helps when other team is on offense, right ? And certainly makes a much bigger difference in the cozy climate controlled confines of their indoor stadium as far disrupting the away team on offense. Outdoors, 17,000 fans screaming just sounds cool. But know this, QB Roberson runs the offense and played for Indiana for 2 years in front of MUCH bigger crowds than 20k .. try 50k to 100k, I think he can deal with this. You know what sounds better than 17,000 fans screaming ? Try 17,000 fans who grow more quiet as game progresses.

Wilson16
January 1st, 2015, 10:40 AM
If were going to talk about who had better overall season (edge to NDSU) or who's had better recent 6 game, including 3 game playoff run (ISU) or who has better run game (edge to ISU for QB Roberson) or pass game (toss up, but ISU more explosive) or front 7 (toss up, possible edge to NDSU) or back 7 (edge to NDSU), and special teams (edge to NDSU), roster talent (edge to ISU), coaching (edge to Spack .. see below before you react !!). So i see this as an evenly matched game, but give nod to my ISU Redbirds per below.

Aside from these teams being evenly matched. Here is where I think we have 2 advantages: a) Roberson has figured this system out and is on a 6 game tear, but will have to be sharp against best "overall" defense in country, and b) Spack has had consistent (albeit modest) success against NDSU over the last 4 years. I know we are 1-3 with our only win in 2010, but look at each game closer:

- 2010: ISU won 34-24 at home, we had more 1st downs, run yards, pass yards. We finished 6-5. NDSU finished 9-5 and went on to win 2 playoff games before losing to eventual champ EWU in OT.
- 2011: NDSU won 20-10 at home, but ISU again had more 1st downs, same run yards, more pass yards. We finished 7-4. NDSU finished 14-1 with national championship. Very few teams played you as tough as we did that year.
- 2012: NDSU won 38-20 at ISU, but ISU lead after 3 qtrs before collapsing in Q4. We again finished with more 1st downs and pass yards, but NDSU had the run advantage that day and we lost our momentum and collapsed in Q4 - I remember it well. ISU finished 9-4 making the final 8 (with no real run game mind you). NDSU again went 14-1 and national champs. Again, very few teams played you as tough as we did.
- 2013: NDSU won 28-10 at home, but ISU hung tough, had the ball twice in 4th quarter down 11. NDSU scored with 1 min left to go up 28-10 after an improbable 3rd and 21 scramble by Jensen, got NDSU a 4th and 1, which they converted and eventually scored TD to win by 18. We came limping into that game with anemic pass game, solid run game, and a questionable but improving defense that had given up 50+ points 3 times that season. Our special teams crapped the bed and gave NDSU field position. ISU finishes 5-6. NDSU finishes 14-1 again. Even our worst team of Spack era hung tough against what was arguably NDSU's best team ever.

I realize 1-3 is 1-3, but Spack seems very comfortable preparing for and the playing the game NDSU plays. This year's teams is built on the backs and record of last years team. There are only 2 new players, QB Roberson and LB Dunmore. Certainly Roberson is a game changer for us, and Dunmore is a very strong presence. We had to replace 3 of 4 on DL, did that and are even better this year. We lost bunch of WR reps, but Neblett was out lats year and Meredith has turned into a serious WR after struggling last year to make switch from QB. We otherwise returned a lot of starters. But we're a year older and a whole lot better, and have a serious chip on our shoulders.

Spack will have our guys ready for this game. Then the players will decided the game on Jan 10th. But Spack knows how to prep for NDSU and he has his best roster yet.

And as for 17,000 Bison fans, here's one last thought .. that only really helps when other team is on offense, right ? And certainly makes a much bigger difference in the cozy climate controlled confines of their indoor stadium as far disrupting the away team on offense. Outdoors, 17,000 fans screaming just sounds cool. But know this, QB Roberson runs the offense and played for Indiana for 2 years in front of MUCH bigger crowds than 20k .. try 50k to 100k, I think he can deal with this. You know what sounds better than 17,000 fans screaming ? Try 17,000 fans who grow more quiet as game progresses.

Any game he played in for Indiana was not in front of a loud crowd, 100,000 people or not. Progressively quiet meant after the first series because the game was over.

Redbird 4th & short
January 1st, 2015, 10:50 AM
So you know this because you were at all of his Indiana away games for 2 years ??

NoDak 4 Ever
January 1st, 2015, 10:53 AM
Any game he played in for Indiana was not in front of a loud crowd, 100,000 people or not. Progressively quiet meant after the first series because the game was over.

Sounds like a buttBama to me.

It's silly how all of ISU's strengths are nearly insurmountable but all its weaknesses are in the past and easy to overcome.

3 playoff games vs. 15 for some of these seniors. Not even close.

Redbird 4th & short
January 1st, 2015, 11:00 AM
Sounds like a buttBama to me.

It's silly how all of ISU's strengths are nearly insurmountable but all its weaknesses are in the past and easy to overcome.

3 playoff games vs. 15 for some of these seniors. Not even close.
Never said all our weaknesses are in the past. I offered opinions (based on stats and common opponents) about who was better at each phase of game. I gave nod to NDSU on several fronts ... right ???

But speaking of this years 3 playoff games you are so eager to dismiss .. kind of ironic that you just did, what you said I did, even though I didn't .. here is comparison:

NDSU 2014 Playoffs:

Second Round
Quarterfinals
Semifinals
Championship
#14 South Dakota State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_South_Dakota_State_Jackrabbits_football_team) ... home
#6 Coastal Carolina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Coastal_Carolina_Chanticleers_football_team) .. home
#19 Sam Houston State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Sam_Houston_State_Bearkats_football_team) .. home
#5 Illinois State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Illinois_State_Redbirds_football_team)
W-27-24
W-39-32
W-35-3
TBD

ISU 2014 playoffs:

Second Round
Quarterfinals
Semifinals
Championship
#10 U (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_South_Dakota_State_Jackrabbits_football_team) NI .. home
#3 E (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Coastal_Carolina_Chanticleers_football_team)W U .. away
#1 U (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Sam_Houston_State_Bearkats_football_team)NH .. away
#2 N (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Illinois_State_Redbirds_football_team)DSU
W-41-21
W-59-46
W-21-18
TBD

But I know, you would rather we not look at anything like this either.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 1st, 2015, 11:09 AM
What you don't understand (or won't) is that these kids have not only played those games but many many before. With a 3 week layoff, this is almost a brand new team physically, except the coaches have much more experience, most notably the OC who executed a perfect game plan against Sam Houston.

Your team reminds us a lot of Georgia Southern. they lost too.

Wilson16
January 1st, 2015, 11:12 AM
So you know this because you were at all of his Indiana away games for 2 years ??
Just like you seem to know that the crowd in Frisco is going to get progressively quiet.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 1st, 2015, 11:15 AM
Even with the analysis of the last few games you can see that NDSU became progressively better in margin of victory than ISU, not the least of which was that ridiculous EWU game.

Wilson16
January 1st, 2015, 11:19 AM
I know this because Indiana sucks

Wilson16
January 1st, 2015, 11:21 AM

- 2013: NDSU won 28-10 at home, but ISU hung tough, had the ball twice in 4th quarter down 11. NDSU scored with 1 min left to go up 28-10 after an improbable 3rd and 21 scramble by Jensen, got NDSU a 4th and 1, which they converted and eventually scored TD to win by 18. We came limping into that game with anemic pass game, solid run game, and a questionable but improving defense that had given up 50+ points 3 times that season. Our special teams crapped the bed and gave NDSU field position. ISU finishes 5-6. NDSU finishes 15-0. Even our worst team of Spack era hung tough against what was arguably NDSU's best team ever.

Its usually the offensive lineman that false start. We're they all there with him in those really loud Indiana road games? You're funny

344Johnson
January 1st, 2015, 11:25 AM
Nice try. That will never happen. Gopher fans would never pack any stadium in any bowl game they were in....ever!

Truth is and you can believe it or not, NDSU fans travel better than Gophers fan......period! Proven over and over.

Now go back to watching Notre Dame.

Natty. Any of the big schools could fill a stadium for a natty.

Notre Dame beat LSU this week. I'm on cloud 9.

344Johnson
January 1st, 2015, 11:28 AM
If you remember correctly(or you were just too drunk like usual) we were the LAST team picked which only gave people 4-5 days and it was also thanksgiving weekend and the student were gone. Nobody thought we were going to make the playoffs so nobody was prepared.

FYI most of out OOC games have been exhibition games. Incarnate word, Prairie View A&M just to name a few of a long list of under achievers. For those games I know we draw well over 16,000.

Also for you to try and bring in recruiting battles to TRY and bolster your pathetic argument is a major FAIL.

Oh I rememeber everything surrounding the Bob Morris game, don't worry PL.

If NDSU played a game after a 6-6 or 7-5 season in a random city against another school similar in record, it would be played in front of roadwarrior and locals. thats it.

Redbird 4th & short
January 1st, 2015, 11:41 AM
What you don't understand (or won't) is that these kids have not only played those games but many many before. With a 3 week layoff, this is almost a brand new team physically, except the coaches have much more experience, most notably the OC who executed a perfect game plan against Sam Houston.

Your team reminds us a lot of Georgia Southern. they lost too.
I hope your coaches are as mis-informed as you. Our QB can throw it and run it. Georgia Soouthern runs a lot in a conference than runs a lot. Roberson finished 3rd in FCS in QB efficiency but did have a couple rough outings. Here is recap from something I posted on Redbird board. I don't think any Georgia Southern QB could ever do that.

in the 6 games since ISU laid the egg at UNI, here are Tre's stats in total since his worst game of the year.

- Passing: 105-164 for 64%, 1589 passing yard for 265/game, 12 TDs to 1 Pick

- Running: 73-438 for 6.0 yards/carry and 73 yards/game, 6 TDs

As for the 2nd UNI playoff game .. in a word .. redemption. He threw for 382 yards had 4 TDs and 0 Picks, after playing his worst game of year first time around. UNI was a Top 10 defense in country .. we racked up 564 yards against them. Just impressive how well he bounces back and how he just keeps learning.

Reminder, he didn't get to ISU until summer OTAs, in June, He then broke his right throwing hand a few weeks in. So he missed portion of OTAs. Then had to split time with our other QBs in August while coaches made sure he earned the starting spot. So he is still adapting to and learning our system. He will have to be sharp and on his game for NDSU, but he tore up UNI who has a tough defense, and arguably a better front 7 than NDSU.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 1st, 2015, 11:52 AM
I hope your coaches are as mis-informed as you. Our QB can throw it and run it. Georgia Soouthern runs a lot in a conference than runs a lot. Roberson finished 3rd in FCS in QB efficiency but did have a couple rough outings. Here is recap from something I posted on Redbird board. I don't think any Georgia Southern QB could ever do that.

in the 6 games since ISU laid the egg at UNI, here are Tre's stats in total since his worst game of the year.

- Passing: 105-164 for 64%, 1589 passing yard for 265/game, 12 TDs to 1 Pick

- Running: 73-438 for 6.0 yards/carry and 73 yards/game, 6 TDs

As for the 2nd UNI playoff game .. in a word .. redemption. He threw for 382 yards had 4 TDs and 0 Picks, after playing his worst game of year first time around. UNI was a Top 10 defense in country .. we racked up 564 yards against them. Just impressive how well he bounces back and how he just keeps learning.

Reminder, he didn't get to ISU until summer OTAs, in June, He then broke his right throwing hand a few weeks in. So he missed portion of OTAs. Then had to split time with our other QBs in August while coaches made sure he earned the starting spot. So he is still adapting to and learning our system. He will have to be sharp and on his game for NDSU, but he tore up UNI who has a tough defense, and arguably a better front 7 than NDSU.

So this is all because of the Northern Iowa game?

Redbird 4th & short
January 1st, 2015, 12:02 PM
Its usually the offensive lineman that false start. We're they all there with him in those really loud Indiana road games? You're funny
I am talking about noise interfering with QB play calling, that is usually the biggest problem for road teams playing in a loud indoor stadium. Certainly false starts can happen too as a result. But they happen in every game though.

In our game in Fargo last year, there were 3 false starts for the game ... 2 were on NDSU, 1 on ISU .. we have same basic OL as last year, and now we go outdoors.

In our game in 2011 in Fargo, there were 5 false starts for the game ... 4 were on NDSU .. hmmmm !!

So much for that theory ... But nice try !!

Redbird 4th & short
January 1st, 2015, 12:04 PM
So this is all because of the Northern Iowa game?
huh ?

Redbird 4th & short
January 1st, 2015, 12:36 PM
Just like you seem to know that the crowd in Frisco is going to get progressively quiet.

Indiana 2013 schedule with attendance for all games .. note the road games: 74k, 110k, 45k, 78k, 105k ... just a tad more than 20k capacity in Frisco, and your 17k. So I think Roberson and our OL will be just fine.

Date
Time
Opponent#
Rank (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_rankings)#
Site
TV
Result
Attendance

August 29
7:00 PM
Indiana State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Indiana_State_Sycamores_football_team)*

Memorial Stadium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Stadium_(Indiana)) • Bloomington, IN (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloomington,_Indiana)
BTN (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Ten_Network)
W 73–35

September 7
6:00 PM
Navy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Navy_Midshipmen_football_team)*

Memorial Stadium • Bloomington, IN
BTN
L 35–41

September 14
12:00 PM
Bowling Green (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Bowling_Green_Falcons_football_team)*

ESPNU (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPNU_College_Football)
W 42–10

September 21
8:00 PM
Missouri (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Missouri_Tigers_football_team)*

BTN
L 28–45

October 5
Penn State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Penn_State_Nittany_Lions_football_team)

BTN
W 44–24

October 12
at Michigan State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Michigan_State_Spartans_football_team)

Spartan Stadium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartan_Stadium_(East_Lansing,_Michigan)) • East Lansing, MI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Lansing,_Michigan) (Old Brass Spittoon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Brass_Spittoon))
ESPN2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN_College_Football)
L 28–42

October 19
3:30 PM
at Michigan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Michigan_Wolverines_football_team)

Michigan Stadium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_Stadium) • Ann Arbor, MI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Arbor,_Michigan)
BTN
L 47–63

November 2
Minnesota (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Minnesota_Golden_Gophers_football_team)http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Dagger-14-plain.png

BTN
L 39–42

November 9
Illinois (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Illinois_Fighting_Illini_football_team)

BTN
W 52–35

November 16
at #17/20 Wisconsin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Wisconsin_Badgers_football_team)

Camp Randall Stadium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Randall_Stadium) • Madison, WI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison,_Wisconsin)
ESPN2
L 3–51

November 23
at #4/3 Ohio State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Ohio_State_Buckeyes_football_team)

Ohio Stadium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_Stadium) • Columbus, OH (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbus,_Ohio)
ABC/ESPN2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN_College_Football_on_ABC)
L 14–42

November 30
Purdue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Purdue_Boilermakers_football_team)

Memorial Stadium • Bloomington, IN (Old Oaken Bucket (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Oaken_Bucket))
BTN
W 56–36

Wilson16
January 1st, 2015, 12:50 PM
I am talking about noise interfering with QB play calling, that is usually the biggest problem for road teams playing in a loud indoor stadium. Certainly false starts can happen too as a result. But they happen in every game though.

In our game in Fargo last year, there were 3 false starts for the game ... 2 were on NDSU, 1 on ISU .. we have same basic OL as last year, and now we go outdoors.

In our game in 2011 in Fargo, there were 5 false starts for the game ... 4 were on NDSU .. hmmmm !!

Not sure what the games the last three years have to do with this one. Nice try.

- - - Updated - - -

Indiana 2013 schedule with attendance for all games .. note the road games: 74k, 110k, 45k, 78k, 105k ... just a tad more than 20k capacity in Frisco, and your 17k. So I think Roberson and our OL will be just fine.

Date
Time
Opponent#
Rank (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_NCAA_Division_I_FBS_football_rankings)#
Site
TV
Result
Attendance

August 29
7:00 PM
Indiana State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Indiana_State_Sycamores_football_team)*

Memorial Stadium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Stadium_(Indiana)) • Bloomington, IN (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloomington,_Indiana)
BTN (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Ten_Network)
W 73–35

September 7
6:00 PM
Navy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Navy_Midshipmen_football_team)*

BTN
L 35–41

September 14
Bowling Green (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Bowling_Green_Falcons_football_team)*

ESPNU (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPNU_College_Football)
W 42–10

September 21
8:00 PM
Missouri (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Missouri_Tigers_football_team)*

BTN
L 28–45

October 5
Penn State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Penn_State_Nittany_Lions_football_team)

BTN
W 44–24

October 12
at Michigan State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Michigan_State_Spartans_football_team)

Spartan Stadium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spartan_Stadium_(East_Lansing,_Michigan)) • East Lansing, MI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Lansing,_Michigan) (Old Brass Spittoon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Brass_Spittoon))
ESPN2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN_College_Football)
L 28–42

October 19
at Michigan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Michigan_Wolverines_football_team)

Michigan Stadium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan_Stadium) • Ann Arbor, MI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ann_Arbor,_Michigan)
BTN
L 47–63

November 2
Minnesota (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Minnesota_Golden_Gophers_football_team)http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Dagger-14-plain.png

BTN
L 39–42

November 9
Illinois (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Illinois_Fighting_Illini_football_team)

BTN
W 52–35

November 16
at #17/20 Wisconsin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Wisconsin_Badgers_football_team)

Camp Randall Stadium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camp_Randall_Stadium) • Madison, WI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison,_Wisconsin)
ESPN2
L 3–51

November 23
at #4/3 Ohio State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Ohio_State_Buckeyes_football_team)

Ohio Stadium (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_Stadium) • Columbus, OH (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbus,_Ohio)
ABC/ESPN2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESPN_College_Football_on_ABC)
L 14–42

November 30
Purdue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Purdue_Boilermakers_football_team)

Memorial Stadium • Bloomington, IN (Old Oaken Bucket (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Oaken_Bucket))
BTN
W 56–36

And this shows it was loud??? Please tell me how

Wilson16
January 1st, 2015, 12:51 PM

It's 2015 they use hand signals now

Wilson16
January 1st, 2015, 12:53 PM
It's 2015 they use hand signals now
Can you look that up for me too???

Redbird 4th & short
January 1st, 2015, 12:55 PM
are your serious with that reply ?? So Bison fans have super powers when it comes to being loud, so that 17,000 are louder than 75k or 100k+ ?

Have you lost track of the fact that we played in Fargo in 2011 and 2013 indoor with over 18k fans ??

Dude, you are in way over your head trying to defend your point.

Wilson16
January 1st, 2015, 01:02 PM
are your serious with that reply ?? So Bison fans have super powers when it comes to being loud, so that 17,000 are louder than 75k or 100k+ ?

Have you lost track of the fact that we played in Fargo in 2011 and 2013 indoor with over 18k fans ??

When did I say it would be louder in Frisco? Is it 17,000 or 18,000 in the fargo dome when you play us as you keep using different #'s? It looks to me like in 2013 they lost they're road games by an average of approx 20 points. Can't imagine it being real Loud for your stellar boy that couldn't make it at the worst FB school in the big ten. Are you really sure I'm even trying to defend my point or I'm just having fun making you do stupid pet tricks. Hook-fish-catch

NoDak 4 Ever
January 1st, 2015, 01:03 PM

You are the latest in a long line of people who say that your guy has seen it all and done it all. You are the very definition of buttBama.

Wilson16
January 1st, 2015, 01:05 PM

And you still haven't explained how the games the last three years will impact this one. Last time I checked none of your elite team members have played in an FCS title game

Redbird 4th & short
January 1st, 2015, 01:15 PM
nice smoke screens by the way .. shooting down every point you make with hard facts, and you both keep spewing nonsense and switching topics as soon as debunk one of your lame points.

Wait a minute .. I feel like I'm arguing with Beavis and Butthead.

Congrats, I embarrassed to be in this exchange and done. You 2 idiots dragged me to your level and beat me with experience.

So be sure to give each other double high fives .. you've really earned it today.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 1st, 2015, 01:23 PM
nice smoke screens by the way .. shooting down every point you make with hard facts, and you both keep spewing nonsense and switching topics as soon as debunk one of your lame points.

Congrats, I embarrassed to be in this exchange and done. You 2 idiots dragged me to your level and beat me with experience.

So be sure to give each other double high fives .. you've really earned it today.

That's how it's going to go next Saturday.

Wilson16
January 1st, 2015, 01:24 PM

Thanks!!!!!

facts scmacts. Just like the Coastal Carolina coach said before this past playoff game. Last years game has no impact on this years game. I think I'll go with his view over some red kool aid drinking self proclaimed know it all like you. I don't come here to make friends either. Winning sure is fun

Wilson16
January 1st, 2015, 01:28 PM
Oh....... And you should be embarrassed. :D:D

Wilson16
January 1st, 2015, 01:31 PM
And you're all welcome for getting that idiot to stop posting. That is all

Professor Chaos
January 1st, 2015, 01:34 PM
"Never underestimate the stubbornness of deluded Decembrists sitting behind a keyboard" - Socrates

Wilson16
January 1st, 2015, 01:37 PM
"Never underestimate the stubbornness of deluded Decembrists sitting behind a keyboard" - Socrates
If Decemberist means having a real life that's me. - Wilsonacretes

Green1
January 1st, 2015, 01:51 PM
If Decemberist means having a real life that's me. - Wilsonacretes

I think Chaos was referring to 4th and Short as being a "Decemberist". See quote:

Correct, I already covered that. I am only here until championship game. I made no misrepresentations about that. And I don't get why that is a problem. Nor do I give a rats behind if that bothers you in the least. Get over yourself .. and my leaving.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 1st, 2015, 01:54 PM
I think Chaos was referring to 4th and Short as being a "Decemberist". See quote:

This. Decembrist isn't a pejorative. It was actually coined by our favorite chicken a few years back. Now there are good Decembrists and there are bad ones.

I think we can all tell the difference.

Professor Chaos
January 1st, 2015, 02:16 PM
Yeah, I meant we probably haven't heard the last from our windy ISU friend.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 1st, 2015, 02:17 PM
Yeah, I meant we probably haven't heard the last from our windy ISU friend.

I doubt it. He goes back to redbirdfan and gets reaffirmed then comes back here swinging.

PantherRob82
January 1st, 2015, 02:18 PM

That's probably the best summary of a poster I have ever seen. That's how he was on our board, too.

Wilson16
January 1st, 2015, 02:43 PM
I fit the description of a Decembetist. Good or bad I don't know but that dude is for sure a Putz.

Bisonoline
January 1st, 2015, 03:39 PM
Oh I rememeber everything surrounding the Bob Morris game, don't worry PL.

If NDSU played a game after a 6-6 or 7-5 season in a random city against another school similar in record, it would be played in front of roadwarrior and locals. thats it.

WTF??? You realize that statement is a non-qualifier in regards to the discussion? Nice try.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 1st, 2015, 03:46 PM
You should see this ****ing adorable tailgate coordination effort going on with the cardinals. I mean, it's way more adorable than a basket of puppies.

4th and dumbass is dipping his toes back in over there so we should see him back soon.

Bison56
January 1st, 2015, 06:09 PM

Where have I read this before?

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 1st, 2015, 06:14 PM
I think the fact that ISUr had 8 days off will be very big in this game.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 1st, 2015, 06:23 PM
I think the fact that ISUr had 8 days off will be very big in this game.

They'll poo poo this but remember when Sammy let their kids off for a week? Kramer says no more than 4 days and you start to lose it.

That championship week is going to be hard on them. It always is.

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 1st, 2015, 06:31 PM
https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/1979538_10153018954949532_8698361357118380549_n.jp g?oh=db55d84be313ae848ff741c519e79095&oe=552F0DD7

RollBirds
January 1st, 2015, 09:44 PM
You should see this ****ing adorable tailgate coordination effort going on with the cardinals. I mean, it's way more adorable than a basket of puppies.

4th and dumbass is dipping his toes back in over there so we should see him back soon.

Don't really see why planning to have a beer is so soft in your eyes? I feel like at this point your just nit picking looking for something to be annoyed about. As I'm sure you have gathered "4th and whatever" is our stats guy, he tries to break the game down to just the math within the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redbird 4th & short
January 1st, 2015, 09:49 PM
I fit the description of a Decembetist. Good or bad I don't know but that dude is for sure a Putz.
you douche bags posted 11 more times after I said i was done with Beavis and Butthead ... 11 more times !!! You have to have issues if after I leave, you keep posting your mindless drivel about me ... 11 more times !! And the name calling .. very mature.

Now I'll leave again, and let's see if you can keep it under 10 this time. You can do it .. you can move on ... I think ??

Fire away children !!!

Redbird 4th & short
January 1st, 2015, 09:53 PM
Don't really see why planning to have a beer is so soft in your eyes? I feel like at this point your just nit picking looking for something to be annoyed about. As I'm sure you have gathered "4th and whatever" is our stats guy, he tries to break the game down to just the math within the game.

These guys are comical .. waste of breath.

Green1
January 1st, 2015, 09:58 PM

Nodak is just applying a little of "4th and whatever's" own medicine to him. He cherry picks his stats for his own purpose and seems to be here for trolling purposes only.

Given that, why not come and join with the Bison fans in a celebration of both of our teams making it to the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! I'm thinking this could be an epic tailgate with you guys and look forward to tales of new friendships and new adventures. The teams on the field decide the game, not the fans. Let's keep this in perspective and enjoy the historic seasons for both our teams! xhypedx

dewey
January 1st, 2015, 10:02 PM
Given that, why not come and join with the Bison fans in a celebration of both of our teams making it to the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME! I'm thinking this could be an epic tailgate with you guys and look forward to tales of new friendships and new adventures. The teams on the field decide the game, not the fans. Let's keep this in perspective and enjoy the historic seasons for both our teams! xhypedx

Well said!

Here is an article from the Normal Illinois Pantagraph about the Illinois State head coach using his bowl game experience in getting the Redbirds ready for the National Championship game.

http://m.pantagraph.com/sports/college/football/isu-football-using-bowl-game-experience/article_bb3d0545-0f10-5c59-8914-ffd3f77d8f78.html?mobile_touch=true

Dewey

Professor Chaos
January 1st, 2015, 10:21 PM
you douche bags posted 11 more times after I said i was done with Beavis and Butthead ... 11 more times !!! You have to have issues if after I leave, you keep posting your mindless drivel about me ... 11 more times !! And the name calling .. very mature.

Now I'll leave again, and let's see if you can keep it under 10 this time. You can do it .. you can move on ... I think ??

Fire away children !!!
Here's 1! :D

Green1
January 1st, 2015, 10:22 PM
Well said!

Here is an article from the Normal Illinois Pantagraph about the Illinois State head coach using his bowl game experience in getting the Redbirds ready for the National Championship game.

http://m.pantagraph.com/sports/college/football/isu-football-using-bowl-game-experience/article_bb3d0545-0f10-5c59-8914-ffd3f77d8f78.html?mobile_touch=true

Dewey

Thanks Dewey. I don't know why every year the championship discussion turns into a bunch of 14 year old boys insulting each other and the other team.

People, there are only 2 teams in the nation that are at the FCS level that are still playing football. That alone is something to be proud of. Why can't we recognize that fact and give each other props. I think we can all hold our heads up and enjoy the moments that are about to happen. Enjoy Bison and Redbird fan alike. We are both about to enter the record books!

dewey
January 1st, 2015, 10:27 PM
Thanks Dewey. I don't know why every year the championship discussion turns into a bunch of 14 year old boys insulting each other and the other team.

People, there are only 2 teams in the nation that are at the FCS level that are still playing football. That alone is something to be proud of. Why can't we recognize that fact and give each other props. I think we can all hold our heads up and enjoy the moments that are about to happen. Enjoy Bison and Redbird fan alike. We are both about to enter the record books!

Agreed! There are some people that like to talk football and there are some people that prefer to....whatever they call it. Makes trying to have football related discussions difficult.

Dewey

Green1
January 1st, 2015, 10:37 PM
Agreed! There are some people that like to talk football and there are some people that prefer to....whatever they call it. Makes trying to have football related discussions difficult.

Dewey

Some smack talk and tongue-in-cheek teasing is fine but when that all this thread becomes... it becomes a chore to read. I am guilty of this in the past but I think I have seen the errors of my ways. :)

This is really a historic event. An FCS championship decided by two conference mates who, by fate, never met in the regular season, now meet in the championship game. Well, it seems to be a script written by Hollywood.

Bisonoline
January 1st, 2015, 10:38 PM

I wouldnt worry---There is plenty of tailgate plans being talked about on our site as well. Just as is the talk of restaurants and hotels etc. Many groups making plans.

Green1
January 1st, 2015, 11:03 PM
I wouldnt worry---There is plenty of tailgate plans being talked about on our site as well. Just as is the talk of restaurants and hotels etc. Many groups making plans.

If there are Redbird fans that are reading this thread and have questions about Frisco, tailgating, restaurants... etc. I think you should post your questions. I think Bison fans would give you the straight scoop. Remember it is more fun with you, than without you! Be prepared though, they might keep talking to you... xsmiley_wix

Bisonoline
January 1st, 2015, 11:06 PM
If there are Redbird fans that are reading this thread and have questions about Frisco, tailgating, restaurants... etc. I think you should post your questions. I think Bison fans would give you the straight scoop. Remember it is more fun with you, than without you! Be prepared though, they might keep talking to you... xsmiley_wix

Thats a good idea. We have had a couple people from the Dallas area post on our site giving tips.

PantherRob82
January 2nd, 2015, 12:39 AM
These guys are comical .. waste of breath.

Yet you keep coming back after saying you are done. Apparently no one here likes your math. xlolx

PantherRob82
January 2nd, 2015, 12:41 AM
Still another week to go. I'm ready for this game.

citdog
January 2nd, 2015, 12:51 AM
I know this because Indiana sucks

Also furman

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 07:49 AM
Never said all our weaknesses are in the past. I offered opinions (based on stats and common opponents) about who was better at each phase of game. I gave nod to NDSU on several fronts ... right ???

But speaking of this years 3 playoff games you are so eager to dismiss .. kind of ironic that you just did, what you said I did, even though I didn't .. here is comparison:

NDSU 2014 Playoffs:

Second Round
Quarterfinals
Semifinals
Championship
#14 South Dakota State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_South_Dakota_State_Jackrabbits_football_team) ... home
#6 Coastal Carolina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Coastal_Carolina_Chanticleers_football_team) .. home
#19 Sam Houston State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Sam_Houston_State_Bearkats_football_team) .. home
#5 Illinois State (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Illinois_State_Redbirds_football_team)
W-27-24
W-39-32
W-35-3
TBD

ISU 2014 playoffs:

Second Round
Quarterfinals
Semifinals
Championship
#10 U (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_South_Dakota_State_Jackrabbits_football_team) NI .. home
#3 E (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Coastal_Carolina_Chanticleers_football_team)W U .. away
#1 U (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Sam_Houston_State_Bearkats_football_team)NH .. away
#2 N (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Illinois_State_Redbirds_football_team)DSU
W-41-21
W-59-46
W-21-18
TBD

But I know, you would rather we not look at anything like this either.

Where's the Cherry Picking ? I posted every playoff game result and ranking.

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 08:08 AM

Where's the cherry picking here ? I summarize which team holds advantages in each phase of game, giving NDSU the nod in some areas and ISU the nod in others areas, and some were toss up. I then cited one possible advantage is Spack's history of playing NDSU .. clearly inferring we played up to their level consistently the prior 4 years, when NDSU was clearly the better team from 2010-13. Lastly, with several Bison posters have talked about how intimidating/loud their fan base, I mention our QB played in Big 10 for 2 years against much bigger crows (2-5 times bigger), so that wouldn't bother him.

Wheres the cherry picking ?

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 08:13 AM

Then after Wilson says it isn't about the QB (smoke screen), its about the OL false starting, I simply remind him, ISU has played in Fargo dome and done ok, and NDSU OL apparently had a much harder time not false starting than did ISU. He then argues the NDSU vs ISU games in Fargo that I cited are not relevant this year (another smoke screen) Even though our 2013 OL is almost identical to our 2014 OL.

So where's the cherry picking there ?

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 08:25 AM
Beavis & Butthead want to police this fan board like they own it. They attack dissenting opinions or anyone that doesn't kiss Bison butt or require that we all tread ever so delicately if we dare suggest anything about NDSU other than absolute respect and complete reverence. for NDSU.

Nodak 4 ever just surpassed something like 12,300 posts dating back to 2006 .. thats 1,500 posts per year. Thats 125 per month and 4 per day .. for 8 straight years. You think you run this neutral cite fan board. I say your control freak who has lost perspective .. 12,300 posts in 8 years ??? Most of it mindless drivel or idle chit chat with other Bison posters, and sometimes with other teams poster, but only if they properly kiss the Bison ring.

Screw that. This is not your fan board or Bison's fan board.

p.s. Wilson .. you just flat out don't have a clue. Keep lamely throwing up your smoke screens and riding Nodak 4 ever's coat tails and 12,300 posts, plus however many posts he has on the Bison fan board.

AmsterBison
January 2nd, 2015, 08:39 AM
I agree. NDSU is doomed.

QB Brock Jensen... gone.
1000+-yard rusher Sam Ojuri... gone to the CFL
DB Marcus Williams gone... to the Jets
LT Billy Turner gone... to the Dolphins
MLB Grant Olson gone.
4 out of 5 of the OL gone.
All but one of the interior DL rotation gone.
All-American FB Andrew Grothmann gone.
Head coach and almost entire staff gone... to the FBS.
WR/PR Ryan Smith gone.
OLB Travis Beck gone... to late-season injury.
Bottom line: 23 seniors gone, an All-American injured, best WR injured, new coaching staff.

QED: NDSU is doomed.

But what does it say if NDSU wins?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 2nd, 2015, 09:04 AM
Beavis & Butthead want to police this fan board like they own it. They attack dissenting opinions or anyone that doesn't kiss Bison butt or require that we all tread ever so delicately if we dare suggest anything about NDSU other than absolute respect and complete reverence. for NDSU.

Nodak 4 ever just surpassed something like 12,300 posts dating back to 2006 .. thats 1,500 posts per year. Thats 125 per month and 4 per day .. for 8 straight years. You think you run this neutral cite fan board. I say your control freak who has lost perspective .. 12,300 posts in 8 years ??? Most of it mindless drivel or idle chit chat with other Bison posters, and sometimes with other teams poster, but only if they properly kiss the Bison ring.

Screw that. This is not your fan board or Bison's fan board.

p.s. Wilson .. you just flat out don't have a clue. Keep lamely throwing up your smoke screens and riding Nodak 4 ever's coat tails and 12,300 posts, plus however many posts he has on the Bison fan board.

I told ya. He went back over to redbirdfan, got a few pats on the back and a pep talk and here he comes back swinging.

-

I agree. NDSU is doomed.

QB Brock Jensen... gone.
1000+-yard rusher Sam Ojuri... gone to the CFL
DB Marcus Williams gone... to the Jets
LT Billy Turner gone... to the Dolphins
MLB Grant Olson gone.
4 out of 5 of the OL gone.
All but one of the interior DL rotation gone.
All-American FB Andrew Grothmann gone.
Head coach and almost entire staff gone... to the FBS.
WR/PR Ryan Smith gone.
OLB Travis Beck gone... to late-season injury.
Bottom line: 23 seniors gone, an All-American injured, best WR injured, new coaching staff.

QED: NDSU is doomed.

But what does it say if NDSU wins?

It means they are truly a good program and not some pop up with a few FBS transfers.

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 09:23 AM
Good point, but we were 5-6 last season and only added 2 new players (QB Roberson and LB Dunmore) .. so what does it say if we win ?

If you are inferring I said NDSU is doomed, I did not. I said the game is evenly matched, with each team having certain slight advantages ... but that I like my Redbirds to win. Are we not allowed to pick our own team without Bison fans getting offended on this neutral site fan board ??

We lost a ton of all conference (some all american) players coming out of 2011 and 2012, many of which got NFL contracts, some of which made rosters. So we fell off in 2013, particularly in first half of season .. then started coming together the latter half, but pass game fell apart. It says a lot for the NDSU program that you lost a fair amount of seniors (plus head coach) from 2013, and have had the season you have in 2014 .. granted, not dominating like last year's team.

I've never begrudged NDSU's success at all .. here or back on Redbird fan page .. in fact, quite the opposite. But I re-forwarded my posts this morning to set record straight on arguments I've made for my Redbirds winning. Novak 4 ever and Wilson don't fight fair or even logically. I never ripped or disrespected NDSU .. I just responded to the posters in kind. Then they throw up smoke screen counter points, start name calling, and declare victory.

But I have a clear history of respecting what NDSU has done, even while playing them 4 straight years and going 1-3 from 2010-13.

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 09:33 AM
I told ya. He went back over to redbirdfan, got a few pats on the back and a pep talk and here he comes back swinging.

-

It means they are truly a good program and not some pop up with a few FBS transfers.
Nodak 4 ever just threw up another smoke screen .. who on Redbird fan board gave me a pat on the back or pep talk ??? Answer is ... no one.

He just made that up out of thin air .. you are full of it and yourself. You are shameless. You will say and make up anything you want.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 2nd, 2015, 09:39 AM
Good point, but we were 5-6 last season and only added 2 new players (QB Roberson and LB Dunmore) .. so what does it say if we win ?

If you are inferring I said NDSU is doomed, I did not. I said the game is evenly matched, with each team having certain slight advantages ... but that I like my Redbirds to win. Are we not allowed to pick our own team without Bison fans getting offended on this neutral site fan board ??

We lost a ton of all conference (some all american) players coming out of 2011 and 2012, many of which got NFL contracts, some of which made rosters. So we fell off in 2013, particularly in first half of season .. then started coming together the latter half, but pass game fell apart. It says a lot for the NDSU program that you lost a fair amount of seniors (plus head coach) from 2013, and have had the season you have in 2014 .. granted, not dominating like last year's team.

I've never begrudged NDSU's success at all .. here or back on Redbird fan page .. in fact, quite the opposite. But I re-forwarded my posts this morning to set record straight on arguments I've made for my Redbirds winning. Novak 4 ever and Wilson don't fight fair or even logically. I never ripped or disrespected NDSU .. I just responded to the posters in kind. Then they throw up smoke screen counter points, start name calling, and declare victory.

But I have a clear history of respecting what NDSU has done, even while playing them 4 straight years and going 1-3 from 2010-13.

The problem with your analysis is your absolute discounting of the clear disadvantages you will have in this game. Your whole team has not played against 15-18k fans being hostile toward them. Having never set ****ing foot in that stadium you already know it won't be a problem despite those of us who have been there telling you it might be.

You also discount the experience factor. These kids have been through this routine 3 times before and know what happens. Your coach just gave someone 8 days off in the middle of championship prep. We also know that leads to problems.

You can look at the regular season numbers all you want but this is a completely different game. One your kids have never been in before.

NDSUtk
January 2nd, 2015, 09:43 AM
My God this back and forth between about 4 posters! Maybe you guys should meet in the Red Lots and just measure the dicks and be done with it?

World
January 2nd, 2015, 09:58 AM
What's with all the debate?

We all know that Illinois State is going to win the Championship

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 10:00 AM
Novak 4 ever,

finally get a constructive counter post from you that can be argued .. first time, mind you.

I don't dismiss your point here, I just believe we can deal with it. We have a lot of experienced players, and it starts with our OL and QB. if they protect, the moment won't be too big for ISU. Our defense has a lot of JRs and SRs. And I don't think 17,000 opposing fans in an outdoor venue will be hard to overcome. Most of this roster has dealt with 18-20k fans in the Fargodome last year. We dealt with a loud 12k in UNIdome. We dealt with being down and coming from behind. We dealt with playoff games on road against EWU and UNH, with very little Red in the stands .. 3k in Red will be a nice improvement. NDSU has done all that this year too, and has 3 championships to boot. But I still like our chances, all that considered. No harm or surprise there.

One humble suggestion .. you might try to argue more constructively and specifically with people who you disagree with. Belittle and dismissing them without specifically arguing anything can cause problems.

p.s. as for ticket buying nonsense, many of us, me included were purposely just riling up our base and admin.

PantherRob82
January 2nd, 2015, 10:07 AM
Did he just go full clenz? xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
January 2nd, 2015, 10:08 AM
Novak 4 ever,

finally get a constructive counter post from you that can be argued .. first time, mind you.

I don't dismiss your point here, I just believe we can deal with it. We have a lot of experienced players, and it starts with our OL and QB. if they protect, the moment won't be too big for ISU. Our defense has a lot of JRs and SRs. And I don't think 17,000 opposing fans in an outdoor venue will be hard to overcome. Most of this roster has dealt with 18-20k fans in the Fargodome last year. We dealt with a loud 12k in UNIdome. We dealt with being down and coming from behind. We dealt with playoff games on road against EWU and UNH, with very little Red in the stands .. 3k in Red will be a nice improvement. NDSU has done all that this year too, and has 3 championships to boot. But I still like our chances, all that considered. No harm or surprise there.

One humble suggestion .. you might try to argue more constructively and specifically with people who you disagree with. Belittle and dismissing them without specifically arguing anything can cause problems.

p.s. as for ticket buying nonsense, many of us, me included were purposely just riling up our base and admin.

There is nothing humble about your suggestions.

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 10:09 AM
ok then

NoDak 4 Ever
January 2nd, 2015, 10:09 AM
Did he just go full clenz? xlolx

I think he did.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/Ki9VAN7yOmE/hqdefault.jpg

caribbeanhen
January 2nd, 2015, 10:10 AM
The problem with your analysis is your absolute discounting of the clear disadvantages you will have in this game. Your whole team has not played against 15-18k fans being hostile toward them. Having never set ****ing foot in that stadium you already know it won't be a problem despite those of us who have been there telling you it might be.

You also discount the experience factor. These kids have been through this routine 3 times before and know what happens. Your coach just gave someone 8 days off in the middle of championship prep. We also know that leads to problems.

You can look at the regular season numbers all you want but this is a completely different game. One your kids have never been in before.

last time I checked the game was still played on the field, not in the stands... N Dak State wins first and foremost because they have had better football players than the opposition.

I think Illinois State gives you the toughest challenge by far when compared to Sammy x 2 and Towson, compounded by the fact that if anyone knows how to beat you it's other MVFC teams.....

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 10:15 AM
I think he did.

Went right back to what you do best, huh ? 12,319 and counting .................................................. ....

dewey
January 2nd, 2015, 10:24 AM
Here is a segment from the Fargo WDAY tv station about talking about the NDSU seniors hoping that they are not the ones that ends the dynasty.

http://www.wday.com/sports/collegiate/3646133-bison-seniors-trying-close-career-familiar-way

Dewey

PantherRob82
January 2nd, 2015, 10:31 AM
I think he did.

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/Ki9VAN7yOmE/hqdefault.jpg

You should NEVER go full clenz. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
January 2nd, 2015, 10:39 AM
Went right back to what you do best, huh ? 12,319 and counting .................................................. ....

The best part about all this is the UNI guys already know your schtick.

Professor Chaos
January 2nd, 2015, 10:45 AM
What's with all the debate?

We all know that Illinois State is going to win the Championship
Just like Collin Keoshian was going to contend for the Walter Payton award last year along with ISU winning the 2013 FCS championship?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?126201-Illinois-State-football-fans&p=1922568&viewfull=1#post1922568

Great

Keoshian will be in the running for the Walter Payton award this coming Football season

Congratulations to Illinois State fans

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?127612-MVFC-Blog-Illinois-State-Lands-Playmaking-Transfer&p=1933158&viewfull=1#post1933158

huh?

what are you talking about?

you are talking here about JC transfer RB Collin Keoshian, the starting running back for future 2013 FCS champion Illinois State and a top 5 running back in the FCS.

World
January 2nd, 2015, 11:01 AM
Just like Collin Keoshian was going to contend for the Walter Payton award last year along with ISU winning the 2013 FCS championship?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?126201-Illinois-State-football-fans&p=1922568&viewfull=1#post1922568

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?127612-MVFC-Blog-Illinois-State-Lands-Playmaking-Transfer&p=1933158&viewfull=1#post1933158

Sorry, don't understand

Are you talking about THIS Collin Keoshian?

http://www.goredbirds.com/news/2014/12/20/FCS_1220142653.aspx

"...Collin Keoshian (http://www.goredbirds.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=473) added six stops, a sack, a tackle-for-loss and an interception."

Professor Chaos
January 2nd, 2015, 11:06 AM
Sorry, don't understand

Are you talking about THIS Collin Keoshian?

http://www.goredbirds.com/news/2014/12/20/FCS_1220142653.aspx

"...Collin Keoshian (http://www.goredbirds.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=473) added six stops, a sack, a tackle-for-loss and an interception."
That's the one. Illinois St must've figured having 2 top 5 RBs in the FCS in the same backfield would just be unfair so they moved him to DT to make things more interesting.

Green1
January 2nd, 2015, 11:14 AM

This ^^^^ does not surprise me. Trolling your own fan base? Tell us why we should take anything you say seriously.

World
January 2nd, 2015, 11:23 AM
That's the one. Illinois St must've figured having 2 top 5 RBs in the FCS in the same backfield would just be unfair so they moved him to DT to make things more interesting.

yes, it is going to be very interesting to see how many QB sacks and Tackles for Loss DT Keoshian gets against NDSU in the Championship Game

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 12:00 PM
This ^^^^ does not surprise me. Trolling your own fan base? Tell us why we should take anything you say seriously.
I think everyone (incl Bison fans) would agree our fan base and admin needed information and a wake up call .. so please explain how is that trolling .. me and others firing up our own base ?

NDSUtk
January 2nd, 2015, 01:58 PM
I think everyone (incl Bison fans) would agree our fan base and admin needed information and a wake up call .. so please explain how is that trolling .. me and others firing up our own base ?

Your ticket office and admin did need that wake up call. And you all seem to have rallied behind your team as much as possible. I'll give you credit for that.

However, RedbirdDad calling out the NDSU adminstration, athletic department and ticket office was nothing short of hilarious and among the dumbest things I've read on a message board - which based on this 70 page thread so far, says a lot as there is plenty of dumb things in this one. I loved how he blamed NDSU for not reaching out to Illinois State ahead of time and helping them. That was cute.

Speaking of, I'm still hoping he ended up in Section 104, which is where my three year tickets are. Could you confirm with him for me? I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks!

NoDak 4 Ever
January 2nd, 2015, 02:25 PM
Your ticket office and admin did need that wake up call. And you all seem to have rallied behind your team as much as possible. I'll give you credit for that.

However, RedbirdDad calling out the NDSU adminstration, athletic department and ticket office was nothing short of hilarious and among the dumbest things I've read on a message board - which based on this 70 page thread so far, says a lot as there is plenty of dumb things in this one. I loved how he blamed NDSU for not reaching out to Illinois State ahead of time and helping them. That was cute.

Speaking of, I'm still hoping he ended up in Section 104, which is where my three year tickets are. Could you confirm with him for me? I'd greatly appreciate it, thanks!

Sounds like he'll be at their 3 car tailgate. I'm thinking about stopping by to find out how unpleasant he can make my day.

Green1
January 2nd, 2015, 02:35 PM

Supplying false or baseless information (i.e. NDSU fans are stealing our tickets!) in order to elicit an over reaction from your fans is trolling them.

Why not a well thought out email or phone call to your administration to express your concerns about the tickets?

BisonFan02
January 2nd, 2015, 02:46 PM
Supplying false or baseless information (i.e. NDSU fans are stealing our tickets!) in order to elicit an over reaction from your fans is trolling them.

Why not a well thought out email or phone call to your administration to express your concerns about the tickets?

ISU shipped their tickets recently and a good chunk of them are already on stubhub for 3x face value.

NDB
January 2nd, 2015, 02:50 PM
that's shocking.

dewey
January 2nd, 2015, 03:25 PM
Here is a link to a Bison Media Blog post about "Why the Redbirds are heading to Frisco"

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=91676
(http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=91676)
Dewey

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 03:27 PM

we reacted to the situation with no information and it brought the needed attention. but why do you even care ?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 2nd, 2015, 03:34 PM
we reacted to the situation with no information and it brought the needed attention. but why do you even care ?

So what's your opinion of those people who didn't get tickets, had to cancel all those plans, and will never see their beloved football team because of your own fan's profiteering on StubHub?

Are you just as outraged at them as your were the Bison fans who tried but didn't get the tickets?

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 03:45 PM
So what's your opinion of those people who didn't get tickets, had to cancel all those plans, and will never see their beloved football team because of your own fan's profiteering on StubHub?

Are you just as outraged at them as your were the Bison fans who tried but didn't get the tickets?
i have no idea who has which tickets or what they did with them, or how it will all turn out. Many of you Bison fans keep talking like rich people who don't know what its like to be poor. This is our first rodeo and we've never tried to suggest we know how this works or what to expect. We are not as organized. We do not have your strong fan base. We have not had any consistent success. And we've never acted like we did. We're doing the best we can to make sure we get as many Redbirds there as we can, all while knowing the deck is completely stacked in NDSU's favor.

So my answer is we'll see how it turns out. But I have no idea if what you say is true .. or if true, how many Redbird fans actually did this.

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 03:49 PM
Just checked stubhub .. there's 147 tickets for sale and price starts at $125. Last I checked 2-3 days ago there was 140+ tickets and price started closer to $235.

So who made up this last piece of BS from Bison land ??

NoDak 4 Ever
January 2nd, 2015, 03:52 PM
Just checked stubhub .. there's 147 tickets for sale and price starts at $125. Last I checked 2-3 days ago there was 140+ tickets and price started closer to $235.

So who made up this last piece of BS from Bison land ??

Check where the tickets are, not how much they are. Your reading comprehension is absolute ****, you know that?

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 2nd, 2015, 04:12 PM
http://www.bisonillustrated.com/2014/12/swany-says-bison-bright-future-klieman/

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 2nd, 2015, 04:18 PM
https://scontent-a-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/11011_10153022926189532_3813652269233378184_n.jpg? oh=09e619f2685e419a69f98b6823f2915d&oe=55312E79

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 2nd, 2015, 04:23 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10402967_10153013164734532_8742962003153081471_n.j pg?oh=a6a68e3de3aab5f48d51d03d879ab2ae&oe=55340439&__gda__=1429679196_54c69226730b3eb3b9abffe8084bb18 3

- - - Updated - - -

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10407099_10153010787194532_1877605729714206423_n.j pg?oh=6a757bd38f8ceb992a9d717fc1e96a44&oe=54FAC150&__gda__=1430513973_1a57a0986160dca7d1b8c1770b5e999 2

IBleedYellow
January 2nd, 2015, 04:46 PM
I have heard rumors that ISU fans really want to have a meet up at Wild Pitch bar and grill.

Don't be mad when there are thralls of Bison fans, and on the main door is a NDSU Booster program sticker. Including 4+ NDSU flags in the bar. I'd still say they should go, though.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 04:55 PM
Check where the tickets are, not how much they are. Your reading comprehension is absolute ****, you know that?
wow, you have serious issues.

For anyone not off their rockers, stub hub reports 146 tickets starting at $125, roughly same number as 3-4 days ago, but price has dropped almost $100 per ticket. Bison02 reported a sudden influx of new tickets from ISU. I don't see a sudden large influx.

http://www.stubhub.com/2011-ncaa-division-1-football-championship-tickets/2015-ncaa-division-i-fcs-championship-1-10-2015-9006692/

IBleedYellow
January 2nd, 2015, 04:59 PM
wow, you have serious issues.

For anyone not off their rockers, stub hub reports 146 tickets starting at $125, roughly same number as 3-4 days ago, but price has dropped almost $100 per ticket. Bison02 reported a sudden influx of new tickets from ISU. I don't see a sudden large influx.

http://www.stubhub.com/2011-ncaa-division-1-football-championship-tickets/2015-ncaa-division-i-fcs-championship-1-10-2015-9006692/
You know tickets sell, right?

BisonFan02
January 2nd, 2015, 05:00 PM

do they

IBleedYellow
January 2nd, 2015, 05:01 PM
do they
Yeah nevermind.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 2nd, 2015, 05:01 PM

Funny, I go to the grocery store and the shelves are almost always full. That means it's all the same stuff, right?

BisonFan02
January 2nd, 2015, 05:02 PM
Funny, I go to the grocery store and the shelves are almost always full. That means it's all the same stuff, right?

is it?

:D

NoDak 4 Ever
January 2nd, 2015, 05:05 PM
and he's the "stats" guy.

Doesn't know how to read or count.

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 05:19 PM
do they
stub hub reported just 37 tickets sold in last 24 hours ? so wheres the big influx of ISU tickets you scooped ? so 37 tickets being sold was your scoop ? and you presume they were all ISU people dumping their tickets ?

just explain your scoop that ISU was buying and dumping their tickets .. shouldn't be hard since you must have got specific information somehow .. right ?

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 05:22 PM
and he's the "stats" guy.

Doesn't know how to read or count.
but it does say 146 tickets available ... right ? Which you went all ballistic over .. right ?

start back pedaling on that one ....

KPSUL
January 2nd, 2015, 05:51 PM
So what's happened to the MVFC brotherhood? UNH and Redbird fans got along much better on our game thread than what we're seeing here. In fact we had a nice little group hug after the game on the "UNH Fans" thread.

Believe it our not, some of us fans from teams that didn't make it to Frisco, browse this thread hoping to get some info and perspective on the upcoming championship game from knowledgeable NDSU and ISU fans; instead we are getting tedious bickering.

Professor Chaos
January 2nd, 2015, 06:21 PM
So what's happened to the MVFC brotherhood? UNH and Redbird fans got along much better on our game thread than what we're seeing here. In fact we had a nice little group hug after the game on the "UNH Fans" thread.

Believe it our not, some of us fans from teams that didn't make it to Frisco, browse this thread hoping to get some info and perspective on the upcoming championship game from knowledgeable NDSU and ISU fans; instead we are getting tedious bickering.
That's what happens when you have 3 weeks off between games and fans who think their team can't lose (which will pretty much be the case in every championship game).

I'll give you my opinion (because it's the only one that matters :D). Roberson presents some real problems for NDSU, they've struggled with mobile QBs who can also throw it consistently this year and Roberson is the best dual threat QB they've seen this year IMO. I think the NDSU defense will try to force him to throw the ball by taking away the run game which will really test NDSU's corners against ISU's big and talented WRs. NDSU has one of the nation's top pass defenses so it's going to be a great matchup.

On the other side, it appears ISU has a solid run defense (even a bit better than NDSU's) but a bend but don't break pass defense to put it nicely. I think Carson Wentz will be able to move the ball through the air and score points but can the Bison defense get off the field and allow the methodical Bison offense to wear down ISU's defense? If NDSU can possess the ball for 35+ minutes (which is only slightly above their average) it bodes well for them in the 4th quarter when it gets down to winning time.

As always, turnovers and special teams will be the great equalizers.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 2nd, 2015, 06:23 PM
That's what happens when you have 3 weeks off between games and fans who think their team can't lose (which will pretty much be the case in every championship game).

Don't forget the mouthy know it all who fuels a lot of it.

(insert obvious joke here)

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 06:44 PM
Don't forget the mouthy know it all who fuels a lot of it.

(insert obvious joke here)
146 ... right ?

btw .. down to 144 .. now go ballistic again.

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 06:47 PM

4 or 5 posters on AGS who think Bison own this nuetral site fan board .. they want all who enter to kiss the ring (and some butt) and never ever say anything without complete deference and reverence to all things Bison ... aint going to happen.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 2nd, 2015, 06:59 PM
4 or 5 posters on AGS who think Bison own this nuetral site fan board .. they want all who enter to kiss the ring (and some butt) and never ever say anything without complete deference and reverence to all things Bison ... aint going to happen.

Nobody cares what you say but when you're wrong, it won't go unnoticed.

As for who owns this board, I have met him personally. There's a group of us from several different fan groups that have contributed not only monetarily but with content, organization, and assistance. If you see someone with the AGS Stalwart badge, they have personally done something good for the board.

All this so you can come on here and **** all over it because your team got good one year.

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 2nd, 2015, 07:41 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWH9GzWvmSMCNfvb8O4HerkVZMa7wPS Cj5zPpkfG5PJlNMItOP3Q

KPSUL
January 2nd, 2015, 07:49 PM

I'll give you my opinion (because it's the only one that matters :D). Roberson presents some real problems for NDSU, they've struggled with mobile QBs who can also throw it consistently this year and Roberson is the best dual threat QB they've seen this year IMO. I think the NDSU defense will try to force him to throw the ball by taking away the run game which will really test NDSU's corners against ISU's big and talented WRs. NDSU has one of the nation's top pass defenses so it's going to be a great matchup.

On the other side, it appears ISU has a solid run defense (even a bit better than NDSU's) but a bend but don't break pass defense to put it nicely. I think Carson Wentz will be able to move the ball through the air and score points but can the Bison defense get off the field and allow the methodical Bison offense to wear down ISU's defense? If NDSU can possess the ball for 35+ minutes (which is only slightly above their average) it bodes well for them in the 4th quarter when it gets down to winning time.

As always, turnovers and special teams will be the great equalizers.

Any idea how the NDSU receivers are healing? I knew Vraa missed some playoff games and another receiver (Woods?) was taken off the field with an injury against SHSU. Wentz is an excellent QB but he'll need guys that can get open and make catches in traffic against a very good defense.

As far as Roberson, he was very impressive against UNH. We knew he could run the ball, but he is very calm and clever when moving in the pocket - he doesn't ever panic. The only mistake I recall was him trying to stretch the ball into the end zone from the two, and getting it knocked loose for a turnover. His passing was very accurate; I rarely got frustrated with the UNH defensive backs, they were normally in position to make a play, but frequently Roberson put the ball where only his guys could catch it. Roberson was the difference that won the game for ISU.

Professor Chaos
January 2nd, 2015, 07:57 PM
Any idea how the NDSU receivers are healing? I knew Vraa missed some playoff games and another receiver (Woods?) was taken off the field with an injury against SHSU. Wentz is an excellent QB but he'll need guys that can get open and make catches in traffic against a very good defense.

As far as Roberson, he was very impressive against UNH. We knew he could run the ball, but he is very calm and clever when moving in the pocket - he doesn't ever panic. The only mistake I recall was him trying to stretch the ball into the end zone from the two, and getting it knocked loose for a turnover. His passing was very accurate; I rarely got frustrated with the UNH defensive backs, they were normally in position to make a play, but frequently Roberson put the ball where only his guys could catch it. Roberson was the difference that won the game for ISU.
Vraa's status is still up in the air. I'm nearly positive he'll play but how effective he'll be probably won't be known until the game get started. From what I've heard Woods will be fine. Missing Vraa hurts but not a lot, Wentz has been much more democratic in his distribution of targets than Jensen ever was. You routinely see 6-8 guys catching passes in a game and very rarely do receivers get more than 5 receptions in a game. The Bison have a true freshman WR in RJ Unzendowski (#16) who is a player. He doesn't drop passes and has developed an excellent rapport with Wentz despite being a high school senior at this time last year. Vraa has a unique ability among NDSU pass catchers to win the jump balls but I think with the way Wentz spreads the ball around he can still be very effective without Vraa.

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 07:59 PM
Nobody cares what you say but when you're wrong, it won't go unnoticed.

As for who owns this board, I have met him personally. There's a group of us from several different fan groups that have contributed not only monetarily but with content, organization, and assistance. If you see someone with the AGS Stalwart badge, they have personally done something good for the board.

All this so you can come on here and **** all over it because your team got good one year.
you are confused. I've never gone out on limb about winning or losing. I have never disrespected NDSU or under-estimated how strong they are. I gave edges to NDSU on several fronts and edges to ISU on other fronts, and then toss ups in a couple areas. But yes, I did say I give a slight edge to my Redbirds.

Everything else is about 3-4 AGS Bison posters who think they own this fan board .. nothing more nothing less.

12,330 posts and counting .. but you know what ? I'm in a good mood. I'm going to give you a +146 for your post count to show I'm not mad you went ballistic about stub hub tickets available and that you were wrong.

Keep hoping I stop calling out your BS because other Bison fans think I'm the dick. I know you are full of it and you know you got caught and could never admit it. Others just don't bother to read the exchanges to see who picked the fight and who BS-ed. Again, not about who we thought would win .. fans have been picking their own teams forever.

Update .... now 147 tickets available, but just 35 purchased in last 24 hours ... such a frenzy of ISU fans dumping their tickets .. buy .. sell ... what to do !!

centennial
January 2nd, 2015, 08:06 PM
you are confused. I've never gone out on limb about winning or losing. I have never disrespected NDSU or under-estimated how strong they are. I gave edges to NDSU on several fronts and edges to ISU on other fronts, and then toss ups in a couple areas. But yes, I did say I give a slight edge to my Redbirds.

Everything else is about 3-4 AGS Bison posters who think they own this fan board .. nothing more nothing less.

12,330 posts and counting .. but you know what ? I'm in a good mood. I'm going to give you a +146 for your post count to show I'm not mad you went ballistic about stub hub tickets available and that you were wrong.

Keep hoping I stop calling out your BS because other Bison fans think I'm the dick. I know you are full of it and you know you got caught and could never admit it. Others just don't bother to read the exchanges to see who picked the fight and who BS-ed. Again, not about who we thought would win .. fans have been picking their own teams forever.

Update .... now 147 tickets available, but just 35 purchased in last 24 hours ... such a frenzy of ISU fans dumping their tickets .. buy .. sell ... what to do !!
Can you please stop? If you have football to talk about go ahead. This thread has just become a bitch fest, and this includes Bison fans. Yes, we get it, you might get 2-3k fans to the natty...
Personally, I have been impressed with ISUr and think this will be a close game, however NDSU gets a chance to heal and we might be as good as we have been all year. I expect FBS victory number 3 next week (Iowa State, SHSU and ISUr).

Bisonator
January 2nd, 2015, 08:26 PM
Vraa's status is still up in the air. I'm nearly positive he'll play but how effective he'll be probably won't be known until the game get started. From what I've heard Woods will be fine. Missing Vraa hurts but not a lot, Wentz has been much more democratic in his distribution of targets than Jensen ever was. You routinely see 6-8 guys catching passes in a game and very rarely do receivers get more than 5 receptions in a game. The Bison have a true freshman WR in RJ Unzendowski (#16) who is a player. He doesn't drop passes and has developed an excellent rapport with Wentz despite being a high school senior at this time last year. Vraa has a unique ability among NDSU pass catchers to win the jump balls but I think with the way Wentz spreads the ball around he can still be very effective without Vraa.

I expect our TE's and RB's to make some big pass plays too. Should be able to stress ISU's pass defense and open up some running lanes along the way. We've heard plenty about ISU's offense, well we have plenty of offensive weapons too.xnodx

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 2nd, 2015, 09:27 PM
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BvK09vTIUAEBm-Q.jpg:medium

NDSUSR
January 2nd, 2015, 09:57 PM

yeah but you are hilarious... Drive that nail deep and carry on!

REALBird
January 2nd, 2015, 10:17 PM

OMG.....actual football talk. seriously, great post. Not sure it will get this thread back on track, but refreshing nonetheless.

Gave up trying to defend ISU. We can talk each other in circles all day long. I am confident in our talent and the young men who will suit up and play this game.

All we can do is let them handle it on the field, in front of how many or how few ISU/NDSU fans.

I've learned that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results.
Welcome to this thread. But by all means "carry on". Still one week left to split hairs.

Bisonoline
January 2nd, 2015, 10:20 PM
OMG.....actual football talk. seriously, great post. Not sure it will get this thread back on track, but refreshing nonetheless.

Gave up trying to defend ISU. We can talk each other in circles all day long. I am confident in our talent and the young men who will suit up and play this game.

All we can do is let them handle it on the field, in front of how many or how few ISU/NDSU fans.

I've learned that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results.
Welcome to this thread. But by all means "carry on". Still one week left to split hairs.

How many sacks has your o-line given up?

NoDak 4 Ever
January 2nd, 2015, 10:22 PM
How many sacks has your o-line given up?

Redbird 4th & short
January 2nd, 2015, 10:56 PM
I think we can agree on that.

Grizzlies82
January 2nd, 2015, 11:26 PM
If I remember right, the game is next Saturday (Jan 10) with an unusually early kick off.
So please confirm when (day & time) is this game?
Apparently I've missed the constant ESPN commercials promoting it.

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 2nd, 2015, 11:30 PM
If I remember right, the game is next Saturday (Jan 10) with an unusually early kick off.
So please confirm when (day & time) is this game?
Apparently I've missed the constant ESPN commercials promoting it.
12 PM Central ESPN2...................http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/conversation?gameId=400749714

Bisonoline
January 2nd, 2015, 11:31 PM
I think we can agree on that.

Not bad. Weve given up 16. Was trying to figure out how you compare to CCUs O-line. They were beasts.

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 2nd, 2015, 11:35 PM
For more info on Vraa and the team. Coaches show is on KX4 at 10:30 AM Sunday.

Professor Chaos
January 3rd, 2015, 12:19 AM
For more info on Vraa and the team. Coaches show is on KX4 at 10:30 AM Sunday.

The next Klieman Show won't be until the Sunday after the game. I think he'll be doing his normal weekly press conference Monday at noon though.

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 3rd, 2015, 12:30 AM
The next Klieman Show won't be until the Sunday after the game. I think he'll be doing his normal weekly press conference Monday at noon though.
KX4 has the BISON show scheduled for 10:30 AM Sunday. I even saw a advertisement about it. Well I guess I will find out Sunday morning.

Redbird 4th & short
January 3rd, 2015, 06:22 AM
Not bad. Weve given up 16. Was trying to figure out how you compare to CCUs O-line. They were beasts.
I don't know about CCU, but we average a 315 to 320 lbs and about 6' 4", so bigger than average. As for pass protection, more than a few of those sacks were on our QB during the middle third of season. We had an easy non-conference schedule this year after Ball St bought us out and EIU slipped from last year. So we didn't get tested until our MVFC opener against SDSU. But once MVFC season started, we initially struggled (after SDSU game) with our offense on and off for 3 games (InSU, 1st half of WIU, and then first UNI game). QB was trying to figure out our system, and team was trying to figure out our QB, and our new OC was trying to figure out how to bring it together. The first UNI game was a key tipping point for our offense. They switched things up and disrupted everything we were doing. Since then, he and OL have been in sync; making better reads, better pocket decisions t extend plays, working his progressions. So the OL trusts him to use the pocket much better than he did in middle third. Running game has always been there this year, except UNH. If we're going to win this game, it will be because our OL keeps your front 7 in check.

dewey
January 3rd, 2015, 08:11 AM
Here is a link to a Fargo Forum article about a Fargo man and his ties to both Illinois State and North Dakota State University.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/3646982-fcs-matchup-challenges-loyalties-fargo-man

Dewey

No_Skill
January 3rd, 2015, 08:47 AM
KX4 has the BISON show scheduled for 10:30 AM Sunday. I even saw a advertisement about it. Well I guess I will find out Sunday morning.

It will be a repeat. Last Sunday's show was the Iowa State recap.

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 3rd, 2015, 08:50 AM
http://www.newrichmond-news.com/sports/high-school/3645266-kelly-north-dakota-state-play-ncaa-football-national-championship

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 3rd, 2015, 08:53 AM
http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/3644869-missouri-valley-calls-one-true-champion-ndsu-illinois-state

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 3rd, 2015, 09:00 AM
http://www.ndsualumni.com/2015/championshipsaturdayevents

NDSU TAILGATING AND GAME
8 a.m. CT – NDSU Tailgating Lots Open – Bison fans park in the Blue Lots.
$10/car (one space)
$20/space occupied by oversized vehicles such as RVs, trailers, etc. on Friday, Jan. 9
$10/space occupied by oversized vehicles on Saturday, Jan. 10
Fans with RVs may park Friday, Jan. 9 noon to 6 p.m. in the Blue Lot. Lots will close at 6 p.m. on Friday and will not reopen until 8 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 10. Spots may not be held, and no re-entry is allowed.

Redbird 13
January 3rd, 2015, 09:13 AM
Here is a link to a Fargo Forum article about a Fargo man and his ties to both Illinois State and North Dakota State University.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/bison/3646982-fcs-matchup-challenges-loyalties-fargo-man

Dewey

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

caribbeanhen
January 3rd, 2015, 09:16 AM
Cameron Meredith is a lanky 6'3'' and can surely cause some problems for the Bison

NoDak 4 Ever
January 3rd, 2015, 09:17 AM
That blue lot thing makes NO sense. They know we'll bring tons of vehicles and rigs down there. Not only does that look good from the freeway but it just makes more sense to give more space to the people who will bring more tailgating stuff.

WTFCollegefootballfan
January 3rd, 2015, 10:18 AM
Check this site out...........http://www.nationalsportsrankings.com/index.php?option=com_oneonone

I did it three times using NDSU as the away team. NDSU won 92, 90, and 92 times out of 100.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 3rd, 2015, 11:02 AM

They were lighter but that extra 15 lbs doesn't matter when you don't know how to use it effectively. CCU only gave up 16 sacks, same as the Bison.