PDA

View Full Version : FCS Finals : NDSU vs ISU

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Twentysix
December 23rd, 2014, 12:57 AM
So ISU is crying again. If anyone from ISU raises a fist to any NDSU fan I can assure you it will be a huge mistake.

Pussies: http://www.redbirdfan.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7103

Sportsmanship in the purchasing of tickets? Bwahahaha

I can see that one of the programs has never experienced a sold out game.

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2014, 12:58 AM
May be valid perspective. But we're all new to this .. NDSU has done this at FCS and D-II level many times .. good for them that they get all the support and have experience playing this game. But that does;t mean they can have our tickets.

And look at it from our perspective for a minute … we have lot of excited fans trying to figure out how to do this, make plans, not sure if they will even get their game tickets, They also have to decide about plane tickets or drive plans, taking time off work, hotels, etc. This is all new to us. Then to hear Bison jumped the line to take our ISU ticket allotment because our ticket office didn't originally realize they had to worry about this; and then here we sit without our having any idea initially how it would get resolved.

Some Bison fans are acting like they are entitled to our tickets because they know how to game the system because they've done this many times. That's just stupid .. in fact, its more stupid than our ticket office that they think we should roll over now that we figured it out.

it is very simple .. we will use our tickets as we see fit. if any are left over, and Bison fans are still in line, then they can have them. But we sure as hell are not rolling over.

I certainly can and do appreciate your perspective on this.

NDB
December 23rd, 2014, 12:58 AM
uh .. I'm not 6'5". I'm not from stanford .. but I do know we will be surrounded by a lot of Bison fans.

FYI.
1. Some of parts of its sections were sold prior to ISUr receiving its allotment.
2. Bison fans will purchase a number of seats in this section either directly from ISUr or in the resale market.

My guess is 15-25 percent of each of ISUr's sections will be Bison fans. Big f'n deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Understand this. The NCAA got greedy and sold 2 and 3 year packages starting last year.. They started selling single tickets in Aug I believe and keep releasing tickets. They arent giving teams as many as they did during our first championship. NOW HERE IS WHERE YOU COULD BE MISTAKEN. your TICKET ALLOTMENT MIGHT NOT BE IN JUST one SECTION. We had our allotment spread out over 3 sections last year. So look forward to your to be also.

They're in sections 105-108...

Side note: NDSU screwed up their first year too. They ordered buyers by priority points, but with no limit on the number of tickets they could buy. Folks with a bunch of points were allowed to become brokers of as many tickets as they wanted. STUPID! I'm still pissed. That's also when I learned (not really) about the existence of secondary markets...

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2014, 12:59 AM
FYI.
1. Some of parts of its sections were sold prior to ISUr receiving its allotment.
2. Bison fans will purchase a number of seats in this section either directly from ISUr or in the resale market.

My guess is 15-25 percent of each of ISUr's sections will be Bison fans. Big f'n deal.

- - - Updated - - -

This.....be prepared to look at stubhub ticket prices when all of those ISUr allotment tickets are put on the secondary market....how does an ISUr fan know where the Bison fan purchased them while in attendance?

Redbird 4th & short
December 23rd, 2014, 01:04 AM
From their board.....wasn't ISUr just another one of those ****ing schools that didn't want the Dakotas in the MVFC? The coattails are fun to ride huh??? :D
Riding your coat tails ? We show you nothing but respect the last 4 years and you refer to it as riding coat tails ? We also have SDSU and USD, one at bottom of conference every year and the other recently near top. We also show them respect too. There is considerable MVFC pride and representing/defending of MVFC on the Redbird Board. Whether its praising NDSU or respecting SDSS and even USD, or defending YSU or UNI for getting screwed out of play off bid .. we spend considerably time and energy touting all of MVFC top to bottom. And pushing for better representation in playoffs for many teams. Last year, we pushed for 3 more teams, none of which were ISU.

Your post was a cheap shot and void of any valid perspective on Redbird Board support and respect of entire MVFC, not just NDSU coat tails or even ISU's. Many many extensive threads demonstrate our MVFC advocacy top to bottom.

NDB
December 23rd, 2014, 01:06 AM
Redbird. You apparently missed the sh#t-a@@ed grin at the end of the post.

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2014, 01:07 AM
FYI.

- - - Updated - - -

Side note: NDSU screwed up their first year too. They ordered buyers by priority points, but with no limit on the number of tickets they could buy. Folks with a bunch of points were allowed to become brokers of as many tickets as they wanted. STUPID! I'm still pissed. That's also when I learned (not really) about the existence of secondary markets...

They werent allowed unlimited tickets. The limit was 12.

Redbird 4th & short
December 23rd, 2014, 01:09 AM
This.....be prepared to look at stubhub ticket prices when all of those ISUr allotment tickets are put on the secondary market....how does an ISUr fan know where the Bison fan purchased them while in attendance?
You're right, I wouldn't know this .. how would I ? News flash folks .. this is first time around for ISU. Congrats on your NC experience and program success .. your smugness is well earned too. That doesn't change fact that we don't want any Bison using any tickets that NCAA allotted to ISU .. very simple.

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2014, 01:13 AM
You're right, I wouldn't know this .. how would I ? News flash folks .. this is first time around for ISU. Congrats on your NC experience and program success .. your smugness is well earned too. That doesn't change fact that we don't want any Bison using any tickets that NCAA allotted to ISU .. very simple.

I don't really know what to tell you....some NDSU fans will put up tickets for sale on stubhub too....buy them I guess? Missplaced anger...has a lot more to do with, like you said, ISU's inexperience in these situations and the NCAA scattering ticket sales all over the place. I will only be there in spirit this year (long story), but I'm looking forward to watching a good game! xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
December 23rd, 2014, 01:20 AM
I remember the first year there were a group of us in the "Bison Block" on the SHSU side and not one person of their fanhood complained that I could hear. We were sitting next to one of them and they didn't care. They agreed that whoever can use the tickets should go to the game. Plain and simple! So calm down and be glad the game will be packed and not look empty. We bought ours out of Montana on Stubhub and so did everyone else in that group of people.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/p417x417/390112_10150511550024444_541095665_n.jpg?oh=06e105 7df400593ff564779e04f57f36&oe=54FC81DA&__gda__=1430604170_933595ae461e14dab97d31bb5da7a1f 2

As you can tell, we were on the 30yd line about 6 rows up and on the SHSU side

NDB
December 23rd, 2014, 01:20 AM
They werent allowed unlimited tickets. The limit was 12.

We are both wrong. It was 25.

NDB
December 23rd, 2014, 01:21 AM
That doesn't change fact that we don't want any Bison using any tickets that NCAA allotted to ISU .. very simple.

What world do you live in?

PantherRob82
December 23rd, 2014, 03:48 AM
So just to be clear, is this ISU's first time dealing with this? ;)

Professor Chaos
December 23rd, 2014, 06:24 AM
May be valid perspective. But we're all new to this .. NDSU has done this at FCS and D-II level many times .. good for them that they get all the support and have experience playing this game. But that does;t mean they can have our tickets.

And look at it from our perspective for a minute … we have lot of excited fans trying to figure out how to do this, make plans, not sure if they will even get their game tickets, They also have to decide about plane tickets or drive plans, taking time off work, hotels, etc. This is all new to us. Then to hear Bison jumped the line to take our ISU ticket allotment because our ticket office didn't originally realize they had to worry about this; and then here we sit without our having any idea initially how it would get resolved.

Some Bison fans are acting like they are entitled to our tickets because they know how to game the system because they've done this many times. That's just stupid .. in fact, its more stupid than our ticket office that they think we should roll over now that we figured it out.

it is very simple .. we will use our tickets as we see fit. if any are left over, and Bison fans are still in line, then they can have them. But we sure as hell are not rolling over.

I'm not saying your ticket office should be doing anything different but the fact is they put tickets out there originally making it look like the general public could purchase them so calling Bison fans "thieves" and "snakes" for trying to take advantage if that makes you look like a petulant child. The first time NDSU made it to Frisco in 2011 SHSU fans tried the same thing but due to NDSU's priority point system (dictated by donations to the school and season ticket purchases) they never were close to getting tickets and it wasn't near the cluster**** that your ticket office has made this. If they want to try to sell to their own fans and students first so be it but accept the fact that when you make tickets (or "reservations") available to the general public fan bases like NDSU (and SHSU) are going to try to take advantage of it. If your ticket office is competent your fans should have nothing to worry about.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2014, 06:26 AM
Riding your coat tails ? We show you nothing but respect the last 4 years and you refer to it as riding coat tails ? We also have SDSU and USD, one at bottom of conference every year and the other recently near top. We also show them respect too. There is considerable MVFC pride and representing/defending of MVFC on the Redbird Board. Whether its praising NDSU or respecting SDSS and even USD, or defending YSU or UNI for getting screwed out of play off bid .. we spend considerably time and energy touting all of MVFC top to bottom. And pushing for better representation in playoffs for many teams. Last year, we pushed for 3 more teams, none of which were ISU.

Your post was a cheap shot and void of any valid perspective on Redbird Board support and respect of entire MVFC, not just NDSU coat tails or even ISU's. Many many extensive threads demonstrate our MVFC advocacy top to bottom.

http://media.giphy.com/media/z1RWCfBXTue3K/giphy.gif

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2014, 06:29 AM
The funny thing is that they probably have high demand because of the NDSU fans. They might have tickets left over after all. I could see a few thousand of us putting in ticket requests. I certainly almost did but couldn't see paying $55 for a $45 ticket when I had other options.

REALBird
December 23rd, 2014, 06:32 AM
Yes, then we made a movie called "The Championship" in which Illinois State goes to Frisco, TX, wears 10 gallon hats, eats brisket and wins the National Championship. Along the way, our President of the University asks us to kill (beat) Chris Klieman's team.

The communist state of North Dakorea thinks "The Championship" is considered an act of war. They infiltrate GoRedbirds.com and buy all of our tickets. Then leak sneaky little messages on Bisonville.com.

Now the good people of Illinois know that there's NO WAY North Dakorea acted alone, the whole state only has 15,000 people, and after seeing Fargo, that one lady serves as the lone officer for the entire State. And, they don't have the infrastructure to commit such an attack which leads us to the conclusion, they used Iowaese servers and ISP's to launch the attack. Especially since the Northern Iowaese are still butt hurt about us breaking the treaty to suck and remain bad, giving them their rightful place in the FCSNATO alliance.

The Northern Iowaese have been relatively quiet and have not commented on the situation except for a few rogue groups who don't realize its offically basketball season for them. The North Dakoreans have offered to help in any way possible including a joint ticket section, but thus far Redbirdland has vowed to continue the fight.

There have been no plans to cancel "The Championship" despite calls for a MVFC jihad. The Redbird Secret Ticket Office Service and Federal Bureau of MisInformation are working to resolve the matter and trace the source of the hackers, to eliminate their plan.

Now were all caught up! Support Sony and see "The Championship" on ESPN2.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2014, 07:01 AM

You are EASILY my favorite Decemberist of all time.

Bisonator
December 23rd, 2014, 07:32 AM
Yes, then we made a movie called "The Championship" in which Illinois State goes to Frisco, TX, wears 10 gallon hats, eats brisket and wins the National Championship. Along the way, our President of the University asks us to kill (beat) Chris Klieman's team.

The communist state of North Dakorea thinks "The Championship" is considered an act of war. They infiltrate GoRedbirds.com and buy all of our tickets. Then leak sneaky little messages on Bisonville.com.

Now the good people of Illinois know that there's NO WAY North Dakorea acted alone, the whole state only has 15,000 people, and after seeing Fargo, that one lady serves as the lone officer for the entire State. And, they don't have the infrastructure to commit such an attack which leads us to the conclusion, they used Iowaese servers and ISP's to launch the attack. Especially since the Northern Iowaese are still butt hurt about us breaking the treaty to suck and remain bad, giving them their rightful place in the FCSNATO alliance.

The Northern Iowaese have been relatively quiet and have not commented on the situation except for a few rogue groups who don't realize its offically basketball season for them. The North Dakoreans have offered to help in any way possible including a joint ticket section, but thus far Redbirdland has vowed to continue the fight.

There have been no plans to cancel "The Championship" despite calls for a MVFC jihad. The Redbird Secret Ticket Office Service and Federal Bureau of MisInformation are working to resolve the matter and trace the source of the hackers, to eliminate their plan.

xlolx Those damn Iowaese!

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 23rd, 2014, 07:33 AM

Funny thing was the ISU fans a begging the NDSU fans for the link to the ISU ticket purchase after the game Saturday on ESPN. The ISU fans had no clue to where they should even go to get tickets. Maybe ISU should have done a better job informing there fan base about the ticket sales. How can you blame NDSU fans that are trying to go to the game, for doing anything possible to get tickets. If there was enough seats there would be 20 to 25 thousand BISON fans there. One ISU fan posted on ESPN right after the game that ISU wouldn't even sell 1000 tickets. The ISU told the BISON fans to go buy the tickets. And if you think ISU is going to have there own special section, you haven't watched any of the championship games in the past. ISU won't have its own special section, so get over it. I think why some ISU fans are mad is because they want to scalp there own tickets. You don't even sell out you own stadium, so that tells BISON fans your fan base doesn't care that much.

Bisonator
December 23rd, 2014, 07:34 AM
Redbird fans need to chill out and enjoy the ride. There will be tickets available for everyone who really wants one. Heck there are tickets available right outside the stadium before the game so stop whining. Just get down there and enjoy the experience!

Gil Dobie
December 23rd, 2014, 07:35 AM
How much weight can I gain eating popcorn and reading this thread for 3 weeks. :D

http://www.head-fi.org/content/type/61/id/1101453/

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 23rd, 2014, 07:43 AM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by tjbison http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?p=964061#post964061)
Listening to their radio WJBC

Wow their AD is a noob, he has no clue, just said each school gets 2500 and so that leaves lots to the public also said he is trying to find out when the general public tickets went on sale, the radio guy asked him who is buying all these other tickets and Lyons said."well they market them in the Dallas area"

Redbird ticket office got orders from NDSU fans and ticket brokers. Ad doesn't even know the school website has instructions different than he just said

It's pure pandemonium in unormal illinois

They have no clue. The BISON bought all the tickets already. ISU's AD thinks the general public tickets are still available. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2014, 07:44 AM
Gil dobie, I might just drop out and watch this year myself, these Bird fans are feisty and seem to know a lot more of the dirty laundry coming out of North Dakota, they don't need me. They certainly are doing a better job fighting evil, smugness and geography challenged tunnel vision than the few Sammy fans that tried, and the Towson fans (not sure using plural is correct) were an embarrassment to themselves.

Besides that, a lot of the more intelligent Bizun fans know they might just get beat in this one. If anyone can take out NDST, it will be another MFVC team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 23rd, 2014, 08:03 AM
Redbird fans need to chill out and enjoy the ride. There will be tickets available for everyone who really wants one. Heck there are tickets available right outside the stadium before the game so stop whining. Just get down there and enjoy the experience!

This right here!

Great read over on the Redbird fan site and on this thread.

I sat on the 50 yard line in the middle of the Towson section last year. It was 1/2 Bison fans and had a great time talking football with Towson fans. Any ISU fan will be able to get tickets, even if you do not get tickets from your team allotment, you can still show up and find them in the tailgate or online.

dewey
December 23rd, 2014, 08:08 AM

^^^Agreed. The first year I paid $160 for my 1 ticket but it was worth every penny. In the total cost of the weekend (beer, transportation, beer, food, lodging, beer and beer) the game ticket is a pretty small number. There are lots of tickets available on the secondary market. If you really want to go you can.

Just quit making it sound like the NDSU fans got all of the tickets and it is literally impossible for the ISU fans to go.

If you really want to go you will find a way.

Dewey

REALBird
December 23rd, 2014, 08:24 AM
^^^Agreed. The first year I paid $160 for my 1 ticket but it was worth every penny. In the total cost of the weekend (beer, transportation, beer, food, lodging, beer and beer) the game ticket is a pretty small number. There are lots of tickets available on the secondary market. If you really want to go you can.

Just quit making it sound like the NDSU fans got all of the tickets and it is literally impossible for the ISU fans to go.

Dewey

Nope, you guys are bullies. You stole our tickets and we want 'em back! That.....that.....that.....and.....you're mean doodie face people who talk funny! OK, that was uncalled for, but if we're REALLY getting this juvenile about this whole ticket fiasco I guess it's fair game. xlolx

Seriously, if nothing else and I am really pumped about this......it adds a little venom to the game. Too much darned respect going around here. It's a football game, its the thrill of competition. If our Athletic Department screwed the pooch, don't get mad at NDSU fans. Blame our Ath. Dept., they HAD to know there was a chance we could WIN last Saturday. DUH! They were the one's who opened the internet for orders, although they clearly stated with their disclaimer how tickets would be allotted. They created more work for themselves. Lesson learned. I think "TicketGate" is much ado about nothing.

But it should add some bad blood to the game. We're not only settling the undisputed National Champion, but the Missouri Valley Friggin Football Conference (MVFFC) championship. NDSU has been here before, they're pro's at this kind of stuff. We need a little extra incentive to get our guys focused, so "TicketGate" is in full spin mode.

BTW......I hated the movie "Fargo". Let the bad blood begin. LOL.

Gil Dobie
December 23rd, 2014, 08:28 AM
BTW......I hated the movie "Fargo". Let the bad blood begin. LOL.

Beware of the wood chipper :)

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 23rd, 2014, 08:38 AM
There was a ISU fan on ESPN saying ISU wouldn't sell more then 1000 of there tickets and telling BISON fans to go buy tickets. You should go blame you own fans.

Bisonator
December 23rd, 2014, 08:41 AM
http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac85/lambertj2/deadcardinal.jpg

gobirds85
December 23rd, 2014, 08:50 AM
http://i888.photobucket.com/albums/ac85/lambertj2/deadcardinal.jpg

Who killed the Louisville Cardinal?

OSBF
December 23rd, 2014, 09:00 AM

Dewey

but
but but
whining about completely nonsensical bull**** is just what we do

Bisonator
December 23rd, 2014, 09:01 AM
Who killed the Louisville Cardinal?

It's a foreshadowing. :D

REALBird
December 23rd, 2014, 09:10 AM
but
but but
whining about completely nonsensical bull**** is just what we do

Hey, our resident Benedict Arnold is back! I agree with his lame a** post for once, but he's probably rooting for us to lose just so he can bash Coach Spack.
His signature says it all. Just change your avatar to the NDSU logo already if all you can do is rail on the school you supposedly support.

Oh I forgot, you're all about the tailgate and steak sammiches and kissing the posterior of the visiting fan base. xthumbsupx

And either learn REAL French or stop saying this "WE....WE....WE..." shat! You haven't been a supporter of this team or University for a while.

Professor Chaos
December 23rd, 2014, 09:15 AM
Hey, our resident Benedict Arnold is back! I agree with his lame a** post for once, but he's probably rooting for us to lose just so he can bash Coach Spack.
His signature says it all. Just change your avatar to the NDSU logo already if all you can do is rail on the school you supposedly support.

Oh I forgot, you're all about the tailgate and steak sammiches and kissing the posterior of the visiting fan base. xthumbsupx

And either learn REAL French or stop saying this "WE....WE....WE..." shat! You haven't been a supporter of this team or University for a while.
We'll trade you him for 344Johnson and MplsBison???

Bison56
December 23rd, 2014, 09:20 AM
I may be wrong, but not likely, that the ones complaining about tickets on the Redbirds form are not going anyways. Some seem to want to have a fist fight over it. xslapfightx

REALBird
December 23rd, 2014, 09:21 AM
We'll trade you him for 344Johnson and MplsBison???

Only if you take OSBF and a Decembrist to be named later.

citdog
December 23rd, 2014, 09:24 AM
I may be wrong, but not likely, that the ones complaining about tickets on the Redbirds form are not going anyways. Some seem to want to have a fist fight over it. xslapfightx

NO COPS

OSBF
December 23rd, 2014, 09:35 AM

OSBF
December 23rd, 2014, 09:39 AM

let me see if I got this straight

to be a "fan" one is expected to be OK with a lowlife scum that gets in a barfight and knocks around a chick?

"support" means justifying/rationalizing violence against women as long as the dude can hit the 20 ft "J"

OK..............got it

not gonna happen

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2014, 09:46 AM
NO COPS

Free lunch?

gobirds85
December 23rd, 2014, 09:53 AM
It's a foreshadowing. :D

Their game against Kentucky this weekend will be a very tough. This might be the best shot for anyone to knock off Kentucky prior to March.

UNIFanSince1983
December 23rd, 2014, 09:59 AM
Their game against Kentucky this weekend will be a very tough. This might be the best shot for anyone to knock off Kentucky prior to March.

Conveniently they had a game today in between when Harrell punched that guy and their Kentucky game. Also conveniently the ACC only suspended him for only 1 game.

TTUEagles
December 23rd, 2014, 10:01 AM
So, I'm walking down the hall in my office here in Franklin, TN, and walk right past the Offensive Coordinator for Illinois State. Seriously. That was weird...

Go Redbirds!

Bison56
December 23rd, 2014, 10:06 AM

Gil Dobie
December 23rd, 2014, 10:22 AM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g246/sey115/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20Sage%20Youngs%20MacBook/Funny%20and%20Random/sellcrazy_zpsd6032305.gif

REALBird
December 23rd, 2014, 11:04 AM

to be a "fan" one is expected to be OK with a lowlife scum that gets in a barfight and knocks around a chick?

"support" means justifying/rationalizing violence against women as long as the dude can hit the 20 ft "J"

OK..............got it

not gonna happen

Seriously, I get your values system. I'm going to try and be respectful here and merely ask, what's your agenda?

I said it before, I am not a fan of lawless behavior, but I am a believer in second chances. I do not believe in third chances, or beyond. At some point I give you a pass for being a kid and being irresponsible, but with that second chance comes increased responsibility and expectations.

Sure Coach Johnson, Coach Spack and even our MBB coaches have taken in kids with questionable pasts. Typically those kids have a shorter leash than a kid who has never run afoul of the law. That's why it's called a second chance. We've all done something we're not happy with, or wish we could have a mulligan for. If you haven't then you probably walk on water and can feed the multitude with a fish and a loaf. You probably even have the drinks covered with your abillity to turn water into wine.

As stated before, I am not a "FAN" of the basketball hire. I think we should have gone for someone more experienced. I have not been a fan of some of the things I've heard about him within the program, but like him or not. ISU Basketball is bigger than HIM. My hope is that he succeeds and moves on to a new situation, as that's the ultimate win/win for him and the University. I cannot in good conscience ROOT for him to fail, not at the expense of my alma mater failing as well.

If I didn't like his ideology, his personality, his value systems so much that it prevented me from supporting him or the school. Then I simply walk away. I go root for another school until he's gone, or find a hobby such as full contact origami. Whatever! But don't piss on your own school. Be the bigger man and just walk away.

But NO, NOT YOU! You proudly display a Redbird Football Helmet as an avatar, when you can't stand the coach. Your signature berates a coach who doesn't even work for ISU anymore. You tailgate to socialize and enjoy the football atmosphere, to schmooze it up, yet can't support that same school when they make their FIRST National Championship game? Your last few posts on this board have been to berate ISU Decembrists and defend UNI, and then to complain about our fans complaining about NDSU buying tickets from the ISU website.

So I don't need any further proof that you're not a fan of Illinois State. You are a FAN of YOU. Your own personal agenda is what you support, not the kids, not the University, not the other people who care about the program. To that end, just go with a generic avatar. Quit pretending! Or at least man up and just go away until you can deal with your disdain for Coach Spack and the direction of the program. It's just not healthy, and quite honest....a bit sad.

Gil Dobie
December 23rd, 2014, 11:29 AM

OK..............got it

not gonna happen

Seriously, I get your values system. I'm going to try and be respectful here and merely ask, what's your agenda?

6.93 is my assumption!

Texas
December 23rd, 2014, 11:44 AM
Redbird fans are pretty good.

Now SHSU fans are another story.

What's wrong with SHSU fans?

PantherRob82
December 23rd, 2014, 12:15 PM
But NO, NOT YOU! You proudly display a Redbird Football Helmet as an avatar, when you can't stand the coach.

How dare he have a differing opinion. I've wanted our offensive coaches gone since 2008. Still a fan. In fact the reason I want them gone so much is because I am a big fan and think we can do better.

You don't have to like the situation at your school in order to be a fan.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 23rd, 2014, 12:16 PM
ISU fans are in for a rude awakening when they get to Frisco. Frisco loves the BISON. There will be BISON flags in every bar, hotel, street, etc. There will also be BISON fans everywhere. If ISU fans thinks they can walk in and take over bars and clubs they will be in for a surprise. ISU fans also say they will have the walk up to stadium filled, so no BISON fans can watch the players walk up. I really think the ISU fans don't realize how many BISON fans will be there and how Frisco love the BISON fans. It is called Fargo south for a reason ISU fans. xlolx

REALBird
December 23rd, 2014, 12:21 PM
How dare he have a differing opinion. I've wanted our offensive coaches gone since 2008. Still a fan. In fact the reason I want them gone so much is because I am a big fan and think we can do better.

You don't have to like the situation at your school in order to be a fan.

Have yet to see where he is a fan. Do you still root for the football team in spite of the disliking of the OC? He doesn't!

PantherRob82
December 23rd, 2014, 12:25 PM
Have yet to see where he is a fan. Do you still root for the football team in spite of the disliking of the OC? He doesn't!

Well, I've met him multiple times at games in Normal, Cedar Falls, and St. Louis and every time he goes into the game wearing Redbird stuff and cheers when they do well and gets frustrated when they don't. But his message board posts and opinions don't meet your approval, so what do I know? :)

Professor Chaos
December 23rd, 2014, 01:48 PM
I really feel like we should have a Festivus Airing of Grievances between Bison and Redbird fans. That's the only way to settle this.

Sycamore62
December 23rd, 2014, 02:12 PM
I really feel like we should have a Festivus Airing of Grievances between Bison and Redbird fans. That's the only way to settle this.

not before we have some feats of strength

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2014, 02:34 PM
Regarding tickets....I'm not going to join ISU's forum to put this out there, but here's my thoughts.

Pic #1:

http://i.imgur.com/8GUZdGX.jpg

The picture above is Towson's entire section for last year's natty (pic courtesy of BlueBisonRock on BV). I can't explain the red/open chairs, but you will note a group of yellow inside of the section. This is one of the reasons the school ticket allotments are only a shade below 3k. If the allotments were larger, schools like Towson or others would end up eating those tickets. Not pictured is the Towson student section (500 tickets?)......that was a sliver located in.............

http://www.fcdallas.com/sites/dallas/files/seatchart_0.jpg

....either sections 120 or 121 (I forget which one). I would expect ISUr's student section will be opposite...in either 112 or 113. I don't have a picture, but Towson's student section was not full and I think SRO filled in the top half? (need someone else's help there). I sat in sections 115 and 117 for the last two nattys...The endzone is all bench seating, and if you have some bigger fellas...buy 5 seats for 4 guys...worked out great! :)

http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/rjehni/DSC_3954.jpg

Ticket "sales" on lot during 2012 Natty with NDSU/SHSU....my pops lost his ticket getting hammered (long story) and bought another ticket 15 minutes before the game for $20....

I would look at some pictures of the 2012 game with NDSU/SHSU for reference. NDSU was the visiting team for that game and the sections would be comparable. Expect the ISUr attendance to be somewhere between Towson and 2012 SHSU. 2011 SHSU/NDSU game was probably 60/40 in favor of NDSU, but that was before Bison fans started buying tickets on presale. In 2012, a school like SHSU benefits by being closer to the venue versus another comparable sized fanbase.

REALBird
December 23rd, 2014, 02:36 PM
Well, I've met him multiple times at games in Normal, Cedar Falls, and St. Louis and every time he goes into the game wearing Redbird stuff and cheers when they do well and gets frustrated when they don't. But his message board posts and opinions don't meet your approval, so what do I know? :)

I've met him before as well, so it's not exactly like we're all anonymous internet posters. :) Which is exactly what surprises me. He does wear Redbird Gear, openly he ATTENDS Redbird athletic events. But he just comes off at the moment like a guy who can't complain about the coaching job, or the underachievement of the program, so he's got to be upset about something. Now it's the fanbase.

I've seen and heard it all over the years. We should be like NDSU and recruit kids, not rely on transfers. It's about building a program, not getting W's for today. The character of the kids/legal issues. I GET IT! He has his values and how he wants the program to be built, but then again he's not getting paid to coach or build a program as a fan.

You keep defending him, so let me ask you......"Same situation, not liking the OC at UNI, but your team is in the NC. Do you quietly stew in your own juices and continue the hatefest, or do you jump on board and support, in spite of your dislike of the OC?"

He's not you, and you're not him. But I'm curious as to whether you'll tell me how you would react, or whether you would condone another UNI fan with this attitude when your team is doing so well.

SUPharmacist
December 23rd, 2014, 02:36 PM

Just want all of you to know I have made a donation in your names to the Human Fund.

UNIFanSince1983
December 23rd, 2014, 02:47 PM
I've met him before as well, so it's not exactly like we're all anonymous internet posters. :) Which is exactly what surprises me. He does wear Redbird Gear, openly he ATTENDS Redbird athletic events. But he just comes off at the moment like a guy who can't complain about the coaching job, or the underachievement of the program, so he's got to be upset about something. Now it's the fanbase.

I've seen and heard it all over the years. We should be like NDSU and recruit kids, not rely on transfers. It's about building a program, not getting W's for today. The character of the kids/legal issues. I GET IT! He has his values and how he wants the program to be built, but then again he's not getting paid to coach or build a program as a fan.

You keep defending him, so let me ask you......"Same situation, not liking the OC at UNI, but your team is in the NC. Do you quietly stew in your own juices and continue the hatefest, or do you jump on board and support, in spite of your dislike of the OC?"

He's not you, and you're not him. But I'm curious as to whether you'll tell me how you would react, or whether you would condone another UNI fan with this attitude when your team is doing so well.

I have a feeling if we are in the NC this year instead of you that both Rob and Clenz are still talking about the OC and how our QB can throw worth a lick. They are still supportive of the team as a whole, but dislike some of the decisions being made. Does not make them not fans, but just guys who have a different opinion on the team. I also guarantee they are cheering just as hard for UNI to win in spite of the QB or OC.

UNIFanSince1983
December 23rd, 2014, 02:49 PM

http://icanhasdiary.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/frank-costanza-happy-festivus.jpg

Professor Chaos
December 23rd, 2014, 03:36 PM
One really interesting aspect of having an intra-conference matchup in the final (at least I think it is) is that these teams have so many common opponents. 8 in fact since they didn't play each other in the regular season. This also means that the MVFC was nice enough to compile a great statistical analysis of these two teams and what they did against common opponents in their conference games only team stats page: http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/confonly.htm

A few interesting observations about the numbers these teams put up in their 8 games against common opponents:

1) ISU was slightly better defending the run and running the ball than NDSU was.
2) NDSU was significantly better defending the pass than ISU was.
3) While ISU passed for a few more yards on average than NDSU did, NDSU was more efficient throwing the ball.
4) Turnover margin was a big difference between these two teams in conference play; NDSU went +5 while ISU went -5.

- - - Updated - - -

not before we have some feats of strength
It's not over until someone pins me!

gobirds85
December 23rd, 2014, 03:37 PM
ISU fans are in for a rude awakening when they get to Frisco. Frisco loves the BISON. There will be BISON flags in every bar, hotel, street, etc. There will also be BISON fans everywhere. If ISU fans thinks they can walk in and take over bars and clubs they will be in for a surprise. ISU fans also say they will have the walk up to stadium filled, so no BISON fans can watch the players walk up. I really think the ISU fans don't realize how many BISON fans will be there and how Frisco love the BISON fans. It is called Fargo south for a reason ISU fans. xlolx

I saw no Redbirds banners at EWU. I saw no ISU flags at UNH. I saw a lot of Eagles and Wildcats at both venues. I believe our team came out of both of those games with a W. Last time I checked the fans in the stands do not make plays, do not catch TD passes, and do not create blocks to free up qbs and rbs running into the end zone. The support you have for your school is fantastic. Something to be really proud of. If you believe your fan support is the tipping point, then you are selling your team short.

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2014, 03:44 PM
We are both wrong. It was 25.

You are correct. The max this year is 12 but you have to have 12 season tickets.

Bisonator
December 23rd, 2014, 03:49 PM
One really interesting aspect of having an intra-conference matchup in the final (at least I think it is) is that these teams have so many common opponents. 8 in fact since they didn't play each other in the regular season. This also means that the MVFC was nice enough to compile a great statistical analysis of these two teams and what they did against common opponents in their conference games only team stats page: http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/confonly.htm

A few interesting observations about the numbers these teams put up in their 8 games against common opponents:

1) ISU was slightly better defending the run and running the ball than NDSU was.
2) NDSU was significantly better defending the pass than ISU was.
3) While ISU passed for a few more yards on average than NDSU did, NDSU was more efficient throwing the ball.
4) Turnover margin was a big difference between these two teams in conference play; NDSU went +5 while ISU went -5.

As Craig Bohl would say "It's going to be a whale of a game".

PantherRob82
December 23rd, 2014, 03:50 PM
I saw no Redbirds banners at EWU. I saw no ISU flags at UNH. I saw a lot of Eagles and Wildcats at both venues. I believe our team came out of both of those games with a W. Last time I checked the fans in the stands do not make plays, do not catch TD passes, and do not create blocks to free up qbs and rbs running into the end zone. The support you have for your school is fantastic. Something to be really proud of. If you believe your fan support is the tipping point, then you are selling your team short.

You should work on your reading comprehension. He didn't say anything about the game. He was talking about your fans. xlolx

gobirds85
December 23rd, 2014, 04:01 PM
You should work on your reading comprehension. He didn't say anything about the game. He was talking about your fans. xlolx

Oh, no!!!!!! We are going to see NDSU flags!! Oh, the humanity. With such tremendous NDSU fan support why are we even playing the game?

PantherRob82
December 23rd, 2014, 04:04 PM
Oh, no!!!!!! We are going to see NDSU flags!! Oh, the humanity. With such tremendous NDSU fan support why are we even playing the game?

It was clearly a response to your fan base whining about the ticket situation. I can't wait til Spack leaves and you guys go back to basketball. ;)

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2014, 04:10 PM
It was clearly a response to your fan base whining about the ticket situation. I can't wait til Spack leaves and you guys go back to basketball. ;)

Go back? Like you guys? :D

gobirds85
December 23rd, 2014, 04:16 PM

Still a little upset about the end of the season. It's ok, man. You guys have a great bball team to fall back on. Good luck in the Valley bball season.

PantherRob82
December 23rd, 2014, 05:35 PM
Still a little upset about the end of the season. It's ok, man. You guys have a great bball team to fall back on. Good luck in the Valley bball season.

No, I hang out here before and after the season. I'm not upset about anything, merely baffled by the ISU bandwagon and your inability to have a conversation. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Go back? Like you guys? :D

We normally have a pretty good football team. ;)

gobirds85
December 23rd, 2014, 08:47 PM
Maybe some of us have lives away from the keyboard. We might own businesses, are on the Board of Directors for a local food pantry, spend quality time with the family, look after sick relatives, spend some time in Caribbean with family and friends during the winter scuba diving, spend the summer at local race tracks and in the garage prepping race cars. Some people might do some of these things and spending time on the keyboard during the off season gets shuffled back on the list of priorities. Maybe...

BisonBabe
December 23rd, 2014, 08:53 PM
Maybe some of us have lives away from the keyboard. We might own businesses, are on the Board of Directors for a local food pantry, spend quality time with the family, look after sick relatives, spend some time in Caribbean with family and friends during the winter scuba diving, spend the summer at local race tracks and in the garage prepping race cars. Some people might do some of these things and spending time on the keyboard during the off season gets shuffled back on the list of priorities. Maybe...

Well damn you make me wonder how you found time to be a mere fan in your incredibly busy life that is better than anyone else's.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 23rd, 2014, 08:57 PM
gobird85 are you even going to the game?

gobirds85
December 23rd, 2014, 08:59 PM
Well damn you make me wonder how you found time to be a mere fan in your incredibly busy life that is better than anyone else's.

Never said better, just more prioritized and I do not take internet forums too seriously. It's great fun, but that's about it.

gobirds85
December 23rd, 2014, 09:00 PM
gobird85 are you even going to the game?

Yes, I am. Is that alright with you?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2014, 09:04 PM
Yes, I am. Is that alright with you?

It depends, did you steal them from a NDSU fan trying to get them from your allotment?

gobirds85
December 23rd, 2014, 09:21 PM
It depends, did you steal them from a NDSU fan trying to get them from your allotment?

It's very possible my tickets were taken from a NDSU fan. I highly doubt it as I have been a donor for quite some time, but if this was the case please accept my most sincerest apologies.

Bison56
December 23rd, 2014, 09:41 PM
It's very possible my tickets were taken from a NDSU fan. I highly doubt it as I have been a donor for quite some time, but if this was the case please accept my most sincerest apologies.

That is bad sportsmanship if you did. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 23rd, 2014, 09:54 PM

As long as I can find a ticket next to 4th and bitchy, I'll be just fine.

Redbird 4th & short
December 23rd, 2014, 10:26 PM
you're still trying too hard and falling short

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 23rd, 2014, 10:33 PM
GO BISON!!! BISON PRIDE!!!

Redbird 4th & short
December 23rd, 2014, 10:38 PM
Even though you excluded me from answering, I will anyway. ISU put the tickets out to the public domain. They were purchased by the public.
No smug intended, but your ticket office made the error. Calling people who purchased the tickets "thieves" is a bitch move.
Does that resonate?
"bitch move? ? No, does not resonate. The "bitch move" is bragging incessantly about your 18,000 fans, then trying to game the system to get our 3,300 ISU tickets … I know, I know, our ticket office wasn't ready for this, Then when we say, not gonna happen, those belong to ISU fans at ISU's sole discretion per NCAA .. Bison fans come on our fan board and start talking all legal about their rights to our tickets, even as one of them acknowledged they got the disclaimer about tickets possibly not being available, the same disclaimer everyone go. And then arguing that we shouldn't care anyway because tickets will free up anyway at some point at scalpers prices .. like we were suddenly supposed to trust the Bison fans trying to game the ticket system at our expense and going all legal about it .. please let that register. Those are the posters we went after an reacted to.

We are now over sold and our ticket office better understands the process and Frisco situation .. and even better, to this point, no Bison fans have sued ISU as yet .. so far so good.

NDSUSR
December 23rd, 2014, 10:42 PM
"bitch move? ? No, does not resonate. The "bitch move" is bragging incessantly about your 18,000 fans, then trying to game the system to get our 3,300 ISU tickets … I know, I know, our ticket office wasn't ready for this, Then when we say, not gonna happen, those belong to ISU fans at ISU's sole discretion per NCAA .. Bison fans come on our fan board and start talking all legal about their rights to our tickets, even as one of them acknowledged they got the disclaimer about tickets possibly not being available, the same disclaimer everyone go. And then arguing that we shouldn't care anyway because tickets will free up anyway at some point at scalpers prices .. like we were suddenly supposed to trust the Bison fans trying to game the ticket system at our expense and going all legal about it .. please let that register. Those are the posters we went after an reacted to.

We are now over sold and our ticket office better understands the process and Frisco situation .. and even better, to this point, no Bison fans have sued ISU as yet .. so far so good.

You are about as stupid as they come on this board. Congrats.

TheKingpin28
December 23rd, 2014, 10:47 PM

This

Redbird 4th & short
December 23rd, 2014, 10:53 PM

Dewey
Trying to understand how this works.

So Frisco Toyota Stadium has close to 21,200 capacity. ISU Redbirds will get and use most of the original 3,300 allotment, then will have to try to buy the rest on stub hub or on site. So lets reduce ISU allotment from the 21,200 and call is 18,000 even. I have heard estimates of 12k, 15k and over 17k, maybe 18k for the NDSU crowd.

So if it is in fact closer to 17-18k .. where do the extra tickets come from ? Or is the NDSU number closer to 15k ?

Redbird 4th & short
December 23rd, 2014, 10:54 PM
class act you are

Sycamore62
December 23rd, 2014, 10:57 PM
"Its easy to talk about, its easy to sum it up when you just talk about tickets. We sittin' in here, It's supposed to be the National Championship , and we in here talkin' about tickets. I mean listen, we talkin bout tickets. Not a game, not a game, not a game. We talkin bout tickets. Not a game, not a, not a, not the game that I go out there and die for, and play every game like its my last. Not the game. We talkin' bout tickets, man. I mean how silly is that? We talkin' bout tickets. http://www10.homepage.villanova.edu/thomas.kopec/iverson2.jpgI know I'm supposed to be there, I know I'm supposed to lead by example. I know that, and I'm not shovin' it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know its important, I do. I honestly do. But we talkin' bout tickets, man. What are we talkin' bout? Tickets? We talkin' bout tickets man. We talk... We talkin' bout tickets. We talkin' bout tickets. We ain't talkin' bout the game, we talkin' bout tickets, man. When you come into Frisco Stadium, and you see them play, you see them play, don't you? You see them give everything they got, right? But we talkin' bout tickets right now. We talkin' bout tickets. (crowd laughs) Man look, I hear you, its funny to me too. I mean, its strange, its strange to me too. But we talkin' bout tickets man. We not even talkin' bout the game, the actual game, when it matters. We talkin' bout tickets."

NDB
December 23rd, 2014, 11:24 PM

So Frisco Toyota Stadium has close to 21,200 capacity. ISU Redbirds will get and use most of the original 3,300 allotment, then will have to try to buy the rest on stub hub or on site. So lets reduce ISU allotment from the 21,200 and call is 18,000 even. I have heard estimates of 12k, 15k and over 17k, maybe 18k for the NDSU crowd.

So if it is in fact closer to 17-18k .. where do the extra tickets come from ? Or is the NDSU number closer to 15k ?

Wild guesses. Today.

NDSU allotment 3,300
ISUr allotment 3,300
Presales owned by NDSU fans 10,000
Presales owned by likely resellers 2,400
Presales owned by others (locals, other fans) 2,000

At the end of the day it will look like
NDSU allotment 3,300
ISUr allotment 3,300
Presales owned by NDSU fans 13,000
Presales owned by ISUr fans 700
Presales owned by others 700

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2014, 11:41 PM

You have to understand that weve been doing this for three years. We knew when the tickets went on sale and many people bought them. Last year I bought 64 tickets for our group in AUG. They offered a two and three year packages. Many purchased those as well. We made our hotel reservations over 6 months ago and some made theirs last year.

So yes you can expect to see a LOT of Bison fans. Last year my guess was after looking at the color in the stands we had to of had at least 17000 or more fans.

Bronco
December 24th, 2014, 12:05 AM
NDSU travels well

NDSUtk
December 24th, 2014, 12:11 AM
Bison fans come on our fan board and start talking all legal about their rights to our tickets,

I read your board tonight. I believe it was all of one Bison fan talking about the UCC and getting legal.

Please put the numbers in perspective. Hardly an ample representation of the fan base. Otherwise, I'd assume all ISU fans are like redbirddad or whatever his name is that promises to unleash his fury on anyone sitting near him who doesn't cheer for ISU. However, I have to assume the other 99.9+% of you are more reasonable.

Drblankstare
December 24th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Wild guesses. Today.

NDSU allotment 3,300
ISUr allotment 3,300
Presales owned by NDSU fans 10,000
Presales owned by likely resellers 2,400
Presales owned by others (locals, other fans) 2,000

At the end of the day it will look like
NDSU allotment 3,300
ISUr allotment 3,300
Presales owned by NDSU fans 13,000
Presales owned by ISUr fans 700
Presales owned by others 700

Thats as solid of a breakdown as you'll get

gotts
December 24th, 2014, 12:58 AM
I read your board tonight. I believe it was all of one Bison fan talking about the UCC and getting legal.

Please put the numbers in perspective. Hardly an ample representation of the fan base. Otherwise, I'd assume all ISU fans are like redbirddad or whatever his name is that promises to unleash his fury on anyone sitting near him who doesn't cheer for ISU. However, I have to assume the other 99.9+% of you are more reasonable.

intentional or not, that was some grade-A trolling with the UCC stuff. can't believe how many bit on it.

PantherRob82
December 24th, 2014, 01:51 AM

No need to try hard. You guys are killing it.

REALBird
December 24th, 2014, 06:44 AM
Nah, at this point he's just trolling. Maybe us beating UNI just isn't sitting well with him. Maybe its our disdain for his favorite Redbird lackey OSBF.

At this point he doesn't have Dog, Bird, Bison, or Panther in the race. Let it go 4th.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 24th, 2014, 07:25 AM
This is seriously going to be the best bunch ever.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 24th, 2014, 08:00 AM
ISU fans are going to be in for a shock when they get to FRISCO. FRISCO LOVES the Bison!!! The Frisco mayor has been on the radio in Fargo all week. The Frisco businesses LOVE the Bison. Saw a facebook post from some ISU fans saying lets get together at the http://www.wildpitchsportsbar.com/ Friday night. They have a room in back for 50 or so people. A Bison fan pointed out the the Wildpitch's website is in BISON colors and there are at least 3 Bison flags hanging in the bar all year round. The Bison fan also pointed out that the room was booked by Bison fans. The ISU fan went crazy on his facebook page.

caribbeanhen
December 24th, 2014, 08:10 AM

Wow, my depth finder hit on this post, what a fertile fishing ground just swarming with all kinds of sea life, I can count at least 4 maybe 5 or 6 different species of material here....might have to break out the troll lines again.....xdrunkyx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 24th, 2014, 08:25 AM
This is seriously going to be the best bunch ever.

I still do not think they will have much over what Towson had last year but I could be wrong.....xthumbsupx

I think I should get tickets in the middle of their allotment to see if they actually name call and make it miserable......xbawlingx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 24th, 2014, 08:28 AM
I still do not think they will have much over what Towson had last year but I could be wrong.....xthumbsupx

I think I should get tickets in the middle of their allotment to see if they actually name call and make it miserable......xbawlingx

I also sat in the Towson section last year. They were lame.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 24th, 2014, 09:32 AM
NDSU favored by 6.5.

Sycamore62
December 24th, 2014, 10:12 AM
NDSU favored by 6.5.

Doesn't seem unreasonable

NDB
December 24th, 2014, 10:40 AM
intentional or not, that was some grade-A trolling with the UCC stuff. can't believe how many bit on it.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.

Teach a man to troll and he can bug another fanbase for a lifetime.

Redbirdgrad
December 24th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Can we get this back on topic and please discuss how Illinois State is going to kick the Bison's teeth in here in about 2 weeks.

Methinks the ticket situation is helping calm the nerves of the Bison faithful who knows this will be the biggest challenge they've had in any of their runs...

UNIFanSince1983
December 24th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Nah, at this point he's just trolling. Maybe us beating UNI just isn't sitting well with him. Maybe its our disdain for his favorite Redbird lackey OSBF.

At this point he doesn't have Dog, Bird, Bison, or Panther in the race. Let it go 4th.

So just because he is trolling annoying Redbird fans on an internet forum he hasn't gotten over the loss?

I was over the loss like a day after it happened. Despite your annoying, whining, classless, bitchy fans I am still hoping the Redbirds win. My distain for your fans has nothing to do with us losing to you guys. It is all about how you guys act in winning. I guess I should expect you guys to act like you have been there before because you haven't. The one thing you guys do seem to have is a sense of entitlement.

Tiger93
December 24th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Towson fan here who is looking forward to this game (and still trying to remember that we were here just a year ago after going 4-8 this year). Should be a fun national championship. Seems like a couple of big factors stick out to me:

1) We all know that NDSU is an extremely physical team that can overwhelm opponents (they wore us down in the second half last year). I think the fact that Illinois State plays NDSU every year will be a big factor in this game. The Redbirds are a pretty physical team and know what to expect, and while they have not played NDSU this year they will not be taken aback by the physicality of NDSU like a lot of others teams that get matched up with them in the playoffs.

2) NDSU fans, we know you guys are obviously legit, but I did a quick look at NCAA Overall Stats (and I know stats don't tell the whole story), and it does not look like you are quite as dominant as last year. I remember looking for weaknesses last year and thinking damn, I have nothing. I am not sure there is discernible one this year either, but it looks like some of the numbers are not quite as gaudy as last year (although they are still pretty impressive across the board). You guys have the edge in most of the stats over Illinois State, but it is somewhat close (Total Offense - ISU - 17, NDSU 28; Rushing Offense - ISU - 10, NDSU 11; Passing Offense - ISU - 46, NDSU - 79; Total Defense - ISU - 28, NDSU - 3; Rushing Defense - ISU - 16, NDSU - 19; Scoring Defense - ISU - 19, NDSU - 2; Turnover Margin - ISU - 46, NDSU - 16; Red Offense - ISU - 70; NDSU - 18; Red Zone Defense - ISU - 48, NDSU - 85; 3rd Down Offense Pct. - ISU - 3, NDSU - 4; 3rd Down Defense Pct. - ISU - 31, NDSU - 13

3) This was a big one and I was warned about this last year and I knew it would be a big factor. How will Illinois State handled the three-week layoff? I hear NDSU fans saying you have been there, your teams knows how to win and all this other stuff, but this is one of those situations where I think experience is hugely beneficial. In the FCS, only two teams get this experience every year. NDSU has done it four years in a row. Last year, Towson came in on a roll after defeating the No. 2 and No. 3 seeds (similar to what Illinois State has done winning against 1 and 4). I think if this game was played this week, experience and familiarity would be an overrated factor, but sitting around for three weeks and preparing I think does tip the scales to NDSU (not hugely, but it is definitely a factor).

I congratulate Illinois State for getting here, and from my experience as a Towson fan it was awesome to get there for the first time. I think you guys are probably a little more prepared then Towson was physically and mentally (our starting QB was questionable going into the title game), and I expect this to be pretty close. If I had to pick a score, I would say something like NDSU 24, Illinois State 20. Either way, I am looking forward to it.

Oh and Kingpin, I know you guys kicked our @$$ last year, but stop playing revisionist history. You mentioned last year's national title game and said we were out of it by the first quarter. We had a chance to go up 10-7 at about the 4:45 mark of the second quarter until NDSU swung the momentum for the entire game with blocked kick. You guys did pretty much dominate from that point on, but it was a pretty competitive and even first half until that point. That does not change the fact that you were the better team, I just wanted to help clear up your foggy memory.

Good luck to both teams and represent the FCS well.

BisonBabe
December 24th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Never said better, just more prioritized and I do not take internet forums too seriously. It's great fun, but that's about it.

Had to give you a little hell. I also have a very busy life so I dont post often. But I don't feel the need to justify my online support of my team.

Professor Chaos
December 24th, 2014, 12:46 PM
Can we get this back on topic and please discuss how Illinois State is going to kick the Bison's teeth in here in about 2 weeks.

Methinks the ticket situation is helping calm the nerves of the Bison faithful who knows this will be the biggest challenge they've had in any of their runs...
I've had tickets since early September so it doesn't make a difference to me whatsoever. However, even though I think ISU will be the best team that the Bison have played in Frisco during this run I think 2012 GSU is still the gold standard in terms of challenges for the Bison in the past 4 years. I still sometimes wonder how they were able to pull that semifinal game out. ISU is good but I don't think they're better than that 2012 GSU team. Maybe they'll prove me wrong down in Frisco.

REALBird
December 24th, 2014, 01:21 PM
So just because he is trolling annoying Redbird fans on an internet forum he hasn't gotten over the loss?

I was over the loss like a day after it happened. Despite your annoying, whining, classless, bitchy fans I am still hoping the Redbirds win. My distain for your fans has nothing to do with us losing to you guys. It is all about how you guys act in winning. I guess I should expect you guys to act like you have been there before because you haven't. The one thing you guys do seem to have is a sense of entitlement.

You must be a South Pole Elf! So angry! I would tell you how I feel about UNI fans, but I got nothing. No love, no hate. Nothing. You won in November, we won when it matters. Moved on. But your tirade about our fans suggests you too are a bit butt hurt. Its OK. Jesus Loves You Too!

(snicker..snicker). Its all peace and love. Go Valley!

Bisonoline
December 24th, 2014, 01:23 PM

You really didnt say----""calm the nerves""xrolleyesx. FYI we welcome the challenge. Its the championship game for freaking sake. Last years game was a total disappointment in regards to the lack of challenge brought forth by Towson.

Redbirdgrad
December 24th, 2014, 02:12 PM
I've had tickets since early September so it doesn't make a difference to me whatsoever. However, even though I think ISU will be the best team that the Bison have played in Frisco during this run I think 2012 GSU is still the gold standard in terms of challenges for the Bison in the past 4 years. I still sometimes wonder how they were able to pull that semifinal game out. ISU is good but I don't think they're better than that 2012 GSU team. Maybe they'll prove me wrong down in Frisco.

Don't have to be better than 2012 GSU
Have to be better than 2014 NDSU

And we are.

NDSUSR
December 24th, 2014, 02:23 PM

And we are.

Lol, no you are not. Really you are about #5 tops.

Professor Chaos
December 24th, 2014, 02:29 PM

And we are.

To be the best team NDSU has seen during their run like you boasted in your last post, yeah you do have to be better than Georgia Southern in 2012.

Illinois St is better at certain things than NDSU is but for either side to say their team is significantly better than the other is blind homerism.

I'm honestly kind of excited to see a game that comes down the wire in Frisco. I could see a close win either way or an NDSU blowout depending on how well each team shows so a close game seems as possible as ever.

Redbirdgrad
December 24th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Lol, no you are not. Really you are about #5 tops.

Wow, the 6'6" guy doesn't watch much college football, does he... interesting quote here fellas.

Redbirdgrad
December 24th, 2014, 02:33 PM
To be the best team NDSU has seen during their run like you boasted in your last post, yeah you do have to be better than Georgia Southern in 2012.

Illinois St is better at certain things than NDSU is but for either side to say their team is significantly better than the other is blind homerism.

I'm honestly kind of excited to see a game that comes down the wire in Frisco. I could see a close win either way or an NDSU blowout depending on how well each team shows so a close game seems as possible as ever.

Reread my post. I said we'd be the biggest challenge (not necessarily the best team faced along the way). We're challenging the 2014 team, not the 2012 team.

Comprehension helps.

gobirds85
December 24th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Had to give you a little hell. I also have a very busy life so I dont post often. But I don't feel the need to justify my online support of my team.

Can you point out where I justified my support for ISU? I simply made a point to say that not everyone is going to be on this site 24/7, 12 months of the year. It's a great site to discuss FCS football and I'm glad it's here but, my point was that there are other things in people's life that might actually pull them away from the keyboard from time to time. Good luck in Frisco.

Gil Dobie
December 24th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Wow, the 6'6" guy doesn't watch much college football, does he... interesting quote here fellas.

The more I read, the taller he gets. Should be 7'5" by game-time. ;)

Professor Chaos
December 24th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Reread my post. I said we'd be the biggest challenge (not necessarily the best team faced along the way). We're challenging the 2014 team, not the 2012 team.

Comprehension helps.

You may want to slow down on the egg nog. Word for word you said ISU "will be the biggest challenge they've had in any of their runs". Now you're arguing semantics saying that you meant only this year and that just because they're the biggest challenge doesn't mean they're better than the other teams the Bison have faced "during any of their runs".

I'm just going to agree to disagree on that and wish you a Merry Christmas.

NDSUSR
December 24th, 2014, 03:39 PM
The more I read, the taller he gets. Should be 7'5" by game-time. ;)
Its the ISU homers that keep on making me taller, not me.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 24th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Just found this.......http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2016&genpos=QB (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1001505&draftyear=2016&genpos=QB)

Wentz is ranked 24th out of 131 QB's for next years NFL draft.

dewey
December 24th, 2014, 04:55 PM
I don't know if it has been talked about yet but I hope the field is in better condition than last year. That was one of the worst field conditions I have ever seen. The only other field condition to compare might have been the NDSU game at Delta State in the 2000 semifinals. The turf last year was coming up in giant chunks (2 feet by 2 feet or more) coming up. At the beginning of the game there were a few people out trying to repair the 'divots' but as the game wore on there had to have been close to a hundred people out there.

It was a disgrace and thankfully no one got hurt.

Dewey

Hammerhead
December 24th, 2014, 05:19 PM
That was due to a freak cold snap right after they put down new sod. I think the field will be in tip-top shape again this time around.

I don't know if it has been talked about yet but I hope the field is in better condition than last year. That was one of the worst field conditions I have ever seen. The only other field condition to compare might have been the NDSU game at Delta State in the 2000 semifinals. The turf last year was coming up in giant chunks (2 feet by 2 feet or more) coming up. At the beginning of the game there were a few people out trying to repair the 'divots' but as the game wore on there had to have been close to a hundred people out there.

Dewey

Redbirdgrad
December 24th, 2014, 08:58 PM
You may want to slow down on the egg nog. Word for word you said ISU "will be the biggest challenge they've had in any of their runs". Now you're arguing semantics saying that you meant only this year and that just because they're the biggest challenge doesn't mean they're better than the other teams the Bison have faced "during any of their runs".

I'm just going to agree to disagree on that and wish you a Merry Christmas.

Agreed! Merry Christmas! This is all fun banter about a silly game that will be played in about 2 weeks and i only post in jest half the time, so take everything with nothing but good wishes. Honestly, I'm thrilled two MVC teams are in the final and often root for North Dakota State when we're not playing you guys.

What I said though (word for word) ;) is that this will be their biggest challenge to date. That means that the 2014 Birds will give the 2014 Bison a better challenge (and in my mind estimation beat them) than anyone the 2014 team played this year, and any challenge their previous teams faced in previous championship years (comparative to that team's strength). For example, the talent gap (and challenge received) in the 2012 final is further apart than the talent gap (and challenge received) in this 2014 final, because that 2012 team is better than your 2014 team.

So I'll stick by my original statement... this will be the biggest challenge you've had en route to a title than in your previous 3 runs. Again, Merry Christmas to all Bison fans, and hope Santa takes care of everyone. See you in Frisco!!!

Bisonoline
December 24th, 2014, 09:33 PM

Dewey

They also painted the whole field green. Worst field I have ever seen.

dewey
December 24th, 2014, 10:34 PM
They also painted the whole field green. Worst field I have ever seen.

I forgot about them painting the dead grass green.

Dewey

Redbird 4th & short
December 24th, 2014, 10:39 PM

I'm complaining about tickets, but I already have minne confirmed.

You mentioned above about so many Bison fans comeing to Frisco. Hoping you can help verfiy somethin said on out Redbird fan board. A poster named Bisontru posted this on our fan board .. are these numbers and statements reasonably accurate ?

bisontru wrote this about fan splits the last 3 championships:

"2011 60/40 NDSU over SHSU
2012 75/25 NDSU over SHSU
2014 95/5. NDSU over Towson

All were sellouts."

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 24th, 2014, 11:11 PM

You mentioned above about so many Bison fans comeing to Frisco. Hoping you can help verfiy somethin said on out Redbird fan board. A poster named Bisontru posted this on our fan board .. are these numbers and statements reasonably accurate ?

All were sellouts."
http://images.panoramas.com/media/catalog/product/f/c/fcs14d.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Towson wore red and black.

BisonFan02
December 24th, 2014, 11:14 PM

All were sellouts."

That's pretty accurate.....

Bisonoline
December 24th, 2014, 11:28 PM

All were sellouts."

Pretty close.

BisonFan02
December 24th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Regarding tickets....I'm not going to join ISU's forum to put this out there, but here's my thoughts.

Pic #1:

The picture above is Towson's entire section for last year's natty (pic courtesy of BlueBisonRock on BV). I can't explain the red/open chairs, but you will note a group of yellow inside of the section. This is one of the reasons the school ticket allotments are only a shade below 3k. If the allotments were larger, schools like Towson or others would end up eating those tickets. Not pictured is the Towson student section (500 tickets?)......that was a sliver located in.............

....either sections 120 or 121 (I forget which one). I would expect ISUr's student section will be opposite...in either 112 or 113. I don't have a picture, but Towson's student section was not full and I think SRO filled in the top half? (need someone else's help there). I sat in sections 115 and 117 for the last two nattys...The endzone is all bench seating, and if you have some bigger fellas...buy 5 seats for 4 guys...worked out great! :)

Ticket "sales" on lot during 2012 Natty with NDSU/SHSU....my pops lost his ticket getting hammered (long story) and bought another ticket 15 minutes before the game for $20....

I would look at some pictures of the 2012 game with NDSU/SHSU for reference. NDSU was the visiting team for that game and the sections would be comparable. Expect the ISUr attendance to be somewhere between Towson and 2012 SHSU. 2011 SHSU/NDSU game was probably 60/40 in favor of NDSU, but that was before Bison fans started buying tickets on presale. In 2012, a school like SHSU benefits by being closer to the venue versus another comparable sized fanbase.

Bumping my own quote for the "bisontru" question. His guess on the 2012 split might be a bit exaggerated towards NDSU's favor, but 2011 and 2013 are probably spot on. I went over to your board to get background. He ISN'T leading you astray about the "sell out" and ticket availability. Don't overpay for tickets unless you: A) need a specific larger # of tickets close together or B) want to sit in a specific area.....even then, it might pay to wait.

BisonFan02
December 24th, 2014, 11:32 PM
I would probably go somewhere between 65/35 and 70/30 in favor of NDSU for the 2012 matchup rather than 75/25.

BisonTru
December 25th, 2014, 12:24 AM
I would probably go somewhere between 65/35 and 70/30 in favor of NDSU for the 2012 matchup rather than 75/25.

I was prolly a little high on the 2012 game. Might have found the Icehole a little early that year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 25th, 2014, 07:25 AM
Pretty cool....found myself and daughter in that pic in the Towson section....xlolx

Redbirdgrad
December 25th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Pretty cool....found myself and daughter in that pic in the Towson section....xlolx

Thief! :)

Merry Christmas!!!!

TheKingpin28
December 25th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Towson fan here who is looking forward to this game (and still trying to remember that we were here just a year ago after going 4-8 this year). Should be a fun national championship. Seems like a couple of big factors stick out to me:

1) We all know that NDSU is an extremely physical team that can overwhelm opponents (they wore us down in the second half last year). I think the fact that Illinois State plays NDSU every year will be a big factor in this game. The Redbirds are a pretty physical team and know what to expect, and while they have not played NDSU this year they will not be taken aback by the physicality of NDSU like a lot of others teams that get matched up with them in the playoffs.

2) NDSU fans, we know you guys are obviously legit, but I did a quick look at NCAA Overall Stats (and I know stats don't tell the whole story), and it does not look like you are quite as dominant as last year. I remember looking for weaknesses last year and thinking damn, I have nothing. I am not sure there is discernible one this year either, but it looks like some of the numbers are not quite as gaudy as last year (although they are still pretty impressive across the board). You guys have the edge in most of the stats over Illinois State, but it is somewhat close (Total Offense - ISU - 17, NDSU 28; Rushing Offense - ISU - 10, NDSU 11; Passing Offense - ISU - 46, NDSU - 79; Total Defense - ISU - 28, NDSU - 3; Rushing Defense - ISU - 16, NDSU - 19; Scoring Defense - ISU - 19, NDSU - 2; Turnover Margin - ISU - 46, NDSU - 16; Red Offense - ISU - 70; NDSU - 18; Red Zone Defense - ISU - 48, NDSU - 85; 3rd Down Offense Pct. - ISU - 3, NDSU - 4; 3rd Down Defense Pct. - ISU - 31, NDSU - 13

3) This was a big one and I was warned about this last year and I knew it would be a big factor. How will Illinois State handled the three-week layoff? I hear NDSU fans saying you have been there, your teams knows how to win and all this other stuff, but this is one of those situations where I think experience is hugely beneficial. In the FCS, only two teams get this experience every year. NDSU has done it four years in a row. Last year, Towson came in on a roll after defeating the No. 2 and No. 3 seeds (similar to what Illinois State has done winning against 1 and 4). I think if this game was played this week, experience and familiarity would be an overrated factor, but sitting around for three weeks and preparing I think does tip the scales to NDSU (not hugely, but it is definitely a factor).

I congratulate Illinois State for getting here, and from my experience as a Towson fan it was awesome to get there for the first time. I think you guys are probably a little more prepared then Towson was physically and mentally (our starting QB was questionable going into the title game), and I expect this to be pretty close. If I had to pick a score, I would say something like NDSU 24, Illinois State 20. Either way, I am looking forward to it.

Oh and Kingpin, I know you guys kicked our @$$ last year, but stop playing revisionist history. You mentioned last year's national title game and said we were out of it by the first quarter. We had a chance to go up 10-7 at about the 4:45 mark of the second quarter until NDSU swung the momentum for the entire game with blocked kick. You guys did pretty much dominate from that point on, but it was a pretty competitive and even first half until that point. That does not change the fact that you were the better team, I just wanted to help clear up your foggy memory.

Good luck to both teams and represent the FCS well.

The reason why I said what I said is that the only way the 2013 Bison would lose is if they were outscored and when the Tigers couldn't score on almost every drive it was just a matter of time before the Bison would wear any team down. I get how arrogant that sounds but it was the honest truth. I congratulate them for making the title game but unfortunately the 2013 Bison team was arguably the best to ever walk on the field for FCS/1AA

Professor Chaos
December 25th, 2014, 10:16 PM

All were sellouts."

I think his 2011 and 2012 numbers are off. 2011 was damn close to 50/50. NDSU fans may have been a slight majority but pretty sure we made a bigger impact than the SHSU fans with similar numbers. 2012 was more like 60-65% Bison fans. Clearly a majority but there was good chunks of orange around the stadium. Last year his numbers were pretty accurate IMO.

ming01
December 26th, 2014, 03:29 AM

Pic #1:

they also had a small section in the endzone

- - - Updated - - -

there were more shsu fans in 2011 imo

caribbeanhen
December 26th, 2014, 07:44 AM
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.

Teach a man to troll and he can bug another fanbase for a lifetime.

I like this post on all levels.....

caribbeanhen
December 26th, 2014, 07:51 AM
ISU fans are going to be in for a shock when they get to FRISCO. FRISCO LOVES the Bison!!! The Frisco mayor has been on the radio in Fargo all week. The Frisco businesses LOVE the Bison.

Of course Frisco business owners love you guys, I mean what business wouldn't like a bunch of staggering drunks with pockets stuffed with 100 dollar bills...... I hear this year Bizun fans will be a bit drunker but pockets only stuffed with twenties, so don't be surprised if the things are a little more chilly in Frisco....

GABison
December 26th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Of course Frisco business owners love you guys, I mean what business wouldn't like a bunch of staggering drunks with pockets stuffed with 100 dollar bills...... I hear this year Bizun fans will be a bit drunker but pockets only stuffed with twenties, so don't be surprised if the things are a little more chilly in Frisco....

$100>/barrel oil kind of stinks.xlolx

dewey
December 26th, 2014, 08:20 AM
I think his 2011 and 2012 numbers are off. 2011 was damn close to 50/50. NDSU fans may have been a slight majority but pretty sure we made a bigger impact than the SHSU fans with similar numbers. 2012 was more like 60-65% Bison fans. Clearly a majority but there was good chunks of orange around the stadium. Last year his numbers were pretty accurate IMO.

I would agree with your assessment. Last year was probably 90% Bison fans.

Dewey

Tiger93
December 26th, 2014, 02:13 PM
The reason why I said what I said is that the only way the 2013 Bison would lose is if they were outscored and when the Tigers couldn't score on almost every drive it was just a matter of time before the Bison would wear any team down. I get how arrogant that sounds but it was the honest truth. I congratulate them for making the title game but unfortunately the 2013 Bison team was arguably the best to ever walk on the field for FCS/1AA

Fair enough. I just wanted to make sure you had a clear memory of the game. It was a pretty competitive first half, and would have been tight contest going into halftime if our special teams did not foul everything up. However, overall a day of football I would rather forget, and yes you guys probably put one of the better teams in FCS history on the field that day. There was not much of a margin for error, and we made plenty of them (some forced and some our own stupid fault). I am hoping based on our recruiting that we can find our way back in a similar situation sometime soon. My appreciation for the amount of breaks it takes for anyone but the usual suspects to get there has me pulling for Illinois State, but more than anything I just hope it is entertaining game.

Sycamore62
December 27th, 2014, 11:12 AM
IMO this game should be Jan 3. I don't know if it's been discussed but it seems they could take advantage of the bowl hoopla by calling it a bowl too. Does anyone know if they have a reason making it 3 weeks from the last game. Also, doesn't it also land on the first weekend for official visits?

NDSUSR
December 27th, 2014, 11:55 AM
It was a pretty competitive first half, and would have been tight contest going into halftime.

??? It was 7-21 at the half. Your QB threw a duck giving us a 14 point lead at halftime.

Grizzlies82
December 27th, 2014, 11:56 AM
IMO this game should be Jan 3. I don't know if it's been discussed but it seems they could take advantage of the bowl hoopla by calling it a bowl too. Does anyone know if they have a reason making it 3 weeks from the last game. Also, doesn't it also land on the first weekend for official visits?

As I remember it (which makes all of this very suspect)...
It used to be the Championship was played the weekend following the semi-finals. This short window which didn't provide for any advance planning made it tougher for fans to attend the championship game. Neither Huntington, WV nor Chattanooga, TN are easy (or cheap) cities to fly into on short notice. So wisely the NCAA decided to provide a little more time. They then set the date to coincide with the 'other' NCAA championship game weekend. Now that championship is becoming stretched out too. So like you, I suggest they play the game two weeks after the semi-finals.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 27th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Crazy. 2 tickets for 500 each. Crazy...http://fargo.craigslist.org/tix/4816329287.html

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Crazy. 2 tickets for 500 each. Crazy...http://fargo.craigslist.org/tix/4816329287.html

Hey Redbirds, better jump on those before they're gone.

bri-dog
December 27th, 2014, 03:23 PM

Looks like they edited it after you posted. It's 4 tickets for $1000. Much better...:p

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2014, 03:26 PM
They aren't close enough to RedbirdDad.

REALBird
December 27th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Sooooo....you're saying the entire State of North Dakota isn't coming to Frisco World? Pretty much figured it was the equivalent to Florida for you guys. BTW....if you guys are looking for sun tan lotion to help get rid of your pasty vitamin D deficient Fargo snow tans, just see a Redbird fan. You may have bought all the tickets, but we got all the sun tan lotion. LOL.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Sooooo....you're saying the entire State of North Dakota isn't coming to Frisco World? Pretty much figured it was the equivalent to Florida for you guys. BTW....if you guys are looking for sun tan lotion to help get rid of your pasty vitamin D deficient Fargo snow tans, just see a Redbird fan. You may have bought all the tickets, but we got all the sun tan lotion. LOL.

It's 35 degrees in Normal right now. I'm not sure anyone has much room on this subject.

caribbeanhen
December 27th, 2014, 06:12 PM
It's 35 degrees in Normal right now. I'm not sure anyone has much room on this subject.

wrong, caribbean winter cold snap has the temp at a balmy 77

caribbeanhen
December 27th, 2014, 06:14 PM
$100>/barrel oil kind of stinks.xlolx

Saudis blink at $40

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 27th, 2014, 08:07 PM

You mean some of them are actually going to show up?

REALBird
December 27th, 2014, 08:22 PM
You mean some of them are actually going to show up?

Those who managed to get tickets! xthumbsupx. Remember, u got bought them all and are selling them on Stublist or Craighub or TicketGrab whatever its called. Were new to this ticket stuff.

NDSUSR
December 27th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Those who managed to get tickets! xthumbsupx. Remember, u got bought them all and are selling them on Stublist or Craighub or TicketGrab whatever its called. Were new to this ticket stuff.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/9qd3pv.jpg

REALBird
December 27th, 2014, 11:15 PM
http://oi58.tinypic.com/9qd3pv.jpg

No, I got MY tickets. But nice try! The ticket graphics could be better too. Surely a guy with Fargo Fotoshop skills coulda used a ticket from last year as inspiration. Or maybe the year before or the year before. You get where I'm going with this right? That just reeks of a guy who mailed it in from an artistic and graphics perspective.

Next time, right?

NDSUSR
December 27th, 2014, 11:22 PM
No, I got MY tickets. But nice try! The ticket graphics could be better too. Surely a guy with Fargo Fotoshop skills coulda used a ticket from last year as inspiration. Or maybe the year before or the year before. You get where I'm going with this right? That just reeks of a guy who mailed it in from an artistic and graphics perspective.

Next time, right?

Post a better one if you are able. Its 2 minutes with MSPaint.. I dont put much effort into trolling ISU as its not needed. But lets see your mad photoshop skillz?

REALBird
December 27th, 2014, 11:27 PM
You made an effort to make a ticket. I think you did put SOME effort into it. Don't sell yourself short.

NDSUSR
December 27th, 2014, 11:47 PM
You made an effort to make a ticket. I think you did put SOME effort into it. Don't sell yourself short.

Im just that good at it. Literally 2 minutes.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 28th, 2014, 07:46 AM

Well, probably more than 1K Bison fans will so up.......SO.....Bison fans bought 3 year packages and others bought tickets when the NCAA released them. My tickets last year, from the NDSU fan allotment, were in the corner so I bought tickets in the middle of the Towson section on the 50 yard line. Awesome seats BTW.

This year I have tickets in the corner again from the NCAA and if my NDSU TMer tickets are in a not so desirable location, I will buy tickets in the Ill State section....which will probably have tickets available. Plus, I hope I get to sit by you...xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2014, 08:04 AM

I still don't have tickets, I'm still going to the game. Try a little bit instead of bitching at the resourceful people.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 28th, 2014, 08:32 AM
I still don't have tickets, I'm still going to the game. Try a little bit instead of bitching at the resourceful people.

+1

citdog
December 28th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Try a little bit instead of bitching at the resourceful people.

Inside every liberal there is a good Republican just waiting to get out!

REALBird
December 28th, 2014, 11:03 AM

(in sarcastic patronizing slow voice) I.....Have.....Tickets. Do you read? Just like most conservatives blind to the facts. So what are you complaining about? Blind allegiance without reading is stupid.

TheKingpin28
December 28th, 2014, 11:11 AM
(in sarcastic patronizing slow voice) I.....Have.....Tickets. Do you read? Just like most conservatives blind to the facts. So what are you complaining about? Blind allegiance without reading is stupid.

Now we are spitting out politics? Come on save the bs MSNBC crap and Obummer and his cronies for another day. Can't we talk about football without hearing about how conservative principles work (ND Economy) and keep taxes lower. You must love how Obummer came from the highest taxed state where everyone is corrupt. But let's keep politics out of football since one can not use the letters lies and not spell liberals.

/thread on politics

Sycamore62
December 28th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Now we are spitting out politics? Come on save the bs MSNBC crap and Obummer and his cronies for another day. Can't we talk about football without hearing about how conservative principles work (ND Economy) and keep taxes lower. You must love how Obummer came from the highest taxed state where everyone is corrupt. But let's keep politics out of football since one can not use the letters lies and not spell liberals.

/thread on politics

Once again, Kenya is not in Illinois. And while we are at it, how many ND Senators voted for Obamacare? How many votes did pass filibuster by?

Bisonator
December 28th, 2014, 11:49 AM
This threads back on the ticket fiasco? Well it's come full circle in a week. Only 2 more to go! xlolx

Sycamore62
December 28th, 2014, 12:03 PM
This threads back on the ticket fiasco? Well it's come full circle in a week. Only 2 more to go! xlolx

3 weeks 1 game left 2 teams that basically have the same resume this year. There's only so much to talk about.This thread may end up looking like the 2mi on an indoor track

SUPharmacist
December 28th, 2014, 01:45 PM

You think Nodak is conservative, not even close (regardless of affiliation, I agree that is strange everyone keeps acting like you don't have tickets).

Anywho, I hope there is good fan representation for both teams as it looks to be a good game.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 28th, 2014, 10:55 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s600x600/13953_10152711345509532_8181695916773307770_n.jpg? oh=2a82dc735a47142d76f7125ccb177d1d&oe=554100D8&__gda__=1429833743_32ad98075bc8b672a63cf640fed3a81 c

- - - Updated - - -

A huge Bison Pride Friday shout-out to our North Dakota National Guardsmen serving our great nation in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Thank you for your service and your Bison Pride!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 28th, 2014, 11:07 PM

I'm talking about fourth and bitchy and the rest of the Redbird support group. You all are about as whiny as they come.

I've been called a LOT of things on here, conservative isn't one of them. I'm about as conservative as citdog is a Friend of Dorothy.

although he did hug me when he first met me......

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2014, 06:46 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s600x600/13953_10152711345509532_8181695916773307770_n.jpg? oh=2a82dc735a47142d76f7125ccb177d1d&oe=554100D8&__gda__=1429833743_32ad98075bc8b672a63cf640fed3a81 c

- - - Updated - - -

A huge Bison Pride Friday shout-out to our North Dakota National Guardsmen serving our great nation in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Thank you for your service and your Bison Pride!

Awesome picture!!!!!

Redbird 4th & short
December 29th, 2014, 08:54 AM
I'm talking about fourth and bitchy and the rest of the Redbird support group. You all are about as whiny as they come.

I've been called a LOT of things on here, conservative isn't one of them. I'm about as conservative as citdog is a Friend of Dorothy.

name calling again, youre cute when youre angry .. and scared.

p.s. I accomplished exactly what I set out to do.clearly, we werent ready for the ticket buying battle. the base needed to be riled up and the ticket office needed to be flooded with questions and complaints. see how those things work ?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2014, 08:57 AM
name calling again, youre cute when youre angry .. and scared.

p.s. I accomplished exactly what I set out to do.clearly, we werent ready for the ticket buying battle. the base needed to be riled up and the ticket office needed to be flooded with questions and complaints. see how those things work ?

Believe me, your 3k of tickets wasn't going to make or break anyone. With my Kansas address if I'd wanted to pay the marked up prices your ticket office charged, I probably could have gotten away with it.

Of what should I be scared? You'll have to tell me so I can at least try to be.

Redbird 4th & short
December 29th, 2014, 09:17 AM
Believe me, your 3k of tickets wasn't going to make or break anyone. With my Kansas address if I'd wanted to pay the marked up prices your ticket office charged, I probably could have gotten away with it.

Of what should I be scared? You'll have to tell me so I can at least try to be.
not if there was a Redbird fan with points in front of you ... hence, the point about riling up the base. its not complicated to understand.

and werent Bison fans bragging about having 95% of tickets last year ? So this year, you get less than 85%. may not matter to you, but it matters a hell of a lot to us.

There will be respect, but no bowing or rolling over in Redbird Nation.

But speaking of "bitchy" and crying and whining ... hows the Bison class action suit coming along for the "breach of contract" many of your fans were crying about after they realized they werent getting our tickets ??

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2014, 09:28 AM
not if there was a Redbird fan with points in front of you ... hence, the point about riling up the base. its not complicated to understand.

and werent Bison fans bragging about having 95% of tickets last year ? So this year, you get less than 85%. may not matter to you, but it matters a hell of a lot to us.

There will be respect, but no bowing or rolling over in Redbird Nation.

But speaking of "bitchy" and crying and whining ... hows the Bison class action suit coming along for the "breach of contract" many of your fans were crying about after they realized they werent getting our tickets ??

again 3k isn't that big a pot from which to take. How many season ticket holders do you have? What's your average attendance?

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 29th, 2014, 10:08 AM
ISUr can't even sell out a home playoff game.

AmsterBison
December 29th, 2014, 10:10 AM
One thing that jumped out at me watching Illinois State in the playoffs was how their OL dwarfed the other teams' defenses. Their OL looks like an NFL team's.

344Johnson
December 29th, 2014, 10:14 AM
ISUr can't even sell out a home playoff game.

Nor can most FCS programs. Are you saying that has some sort of impact on the team?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2014, 10:18 AM
One thing that jumped out at me watching Illinois State in the playoffs was how their OL dwarfed the other teams' defenses. Their OL looks like an NFL team's.

Yet they gave up 21 sacks, with a superstar quarterback and a massive offensive line.

stevdock
December 29th, 2014, 11:00 AM

While I agree with you, didn't we hear the same thing about Towsons OL last year??

Professor Chaos
December 29th, 2014, 11:09 AM
They're big boys:

Rocco Adams 6'5" 330
Kyle Avaloy 6'5" 330
Jermaine Barton 6'7" 315
Michael Liedtke 6'3" 305
Mark Spellman 6'4" 280

Average: 6'5" 312

Compare that to NDSU:

Joe Haeg 6'6" 299
Austin Kuhnert 6'4" 300
Jesse Hinz 6'4" 301
Jeremy Kelly 6'6" 286
Landon Lechler 6'7" 299

Average: 6'5" 297

Bigger isn't necessarily better but they're definitely bigger.

BisonFan02
December 29th, 2014, 11:28 AM
They're big boys:

Rocco Adams 6'5" 330
Kyle Avaloy 6'5" 330
Jermaine Barton 6'7" 315
Michael Liedtke 6'3" 305
Mark Spellman 6'4" 280

Compare that to NDSU:

Joe Haeg 6'6" 299
Austin Kuhnert 6'4" 300
Jesse Hinz 6'4" 301
Jeremy Kelly 6'6" 286
Landon Lechler 6'7" 299

I never go by weight alone...there's BIG...and then there's FAT.

"In Kramer we trust!"

Plus, I don't think those two lines face each other either.

Sycamore62
December 29th, 2014, 11:49 AM
I never go by weight alone...there's BIG...and then there's FAT.

"In Kramer we trust!"

Plus, I don't think those two lines face each other either.

not without some weird **** happening

Bisonator
December 29th, 2014, 11:49 AM

Exactly. When it comes to line play technique is the key. From what I've seen of ISU they are good there too so it'll be a fun matchup.

Redbirdgrad
December 29th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Im just that good at it. Literally 2 minutes.

REALBird, please don't make the 7'2" guy mad. He might come steal our lunch money too...

Redbird 4th & short
December 29th, 2014, 12:04 PM
again 3k isn't that big a pot from which to take. How many season ticket holders do you have? What's your average attendance?
not even arguing that point. as for our fan base and historical challenges, we love how things are progressing, despite our own internal headwinds.

I have on 2 points: first, opponent attendance does not impact our players. second, we rallied our admin and our base to make sure we at least got our 3,300.

Aside from that, the players will decide this game, and based on our last 6 games after the UNI charity event at their place, I really like our chances against NDSU and their 17,000 tickets plus 1,000s more nearby waiting to scoop up tickets the last few days.

Bisonator
December 29th, 2014, 12:18 PM
not even arguing that point. as for our fan base and historical challenges, we love how things are progressing, despite our own internal headwinds.

I have on 2 points: first, opponent attendance does not impact our players. second, we rallied our admin and our base to make sure we at least got our 3,300.

Aside from that, the players will decide this game, and based on our last 6 games after the UNI charity event at their place, I really like our chances against NDSU and their 17,000 tickets plus 1,000s more nearby waiting to scoop up tickets the last few days.
It took a silly ticket fiasco to "rally your base"? You would have thought making the title game would have done that on it's own. xrolleyesx

Redbird 4th & short
December 29th, 2014, 12:30 PM

correction, I can see our offense getting communications impacted if we were playing in Fargo indoor stadium .. that would be achallenge. but outdoor, we'll deal with it. In any case, our QB came from Indiana University and played in front of much bigger crowds than 20k.

OSBF
December 29th, 2014, 12:31 PM

Darrel, please just hit the pause button for 30 seconds on this high-speed come apart you're in the middle of.

Answer me 1 very simple question.

Would you be OK with your very beautiful daughter dating a guy that shoots guns at dorms from a car, or, GOD FORBID, a guy that has a proven track record of violence against women?

No?

Ok, good. We're on the same page.

What I can't justify/rationalize is somehow saying those are OK ppl to have on our campus representing our FINE university when if they were normal old regular doods that you run into on the street you would want nothing to do with them.

That's a double standard I can not accept, for me.

Merry Christmas, hope Santa was as nice to you as he was to me.

Wilson16
December 29th, 2014, 12:32 PM
correction, I can see our offense getting communications impacted if we were playing in Fargo indoor stadium .. that would be achallenge. but outdoor, we'll deal with it. In any case, our QB came from Indiana University and played in front of much bigger crowds than 20k.
Must not have done very well in those games or he'd still be there :)

Redbird 4th & short
December 29th, 2014, 12:35 PM
They're big boys:

Rocco Adams 6'5" 330
Kyle Avaloy 6'5" 330
Jermaine Barton 6'7" 315
Michael Liedtke 6'3" 305
Mark Spellman 6'4" 280

Compare that to NDSU:

Joe Haeg 6'6" 299
Austin Kuhnert 6'4" 300
Jesse Hinz 6'4" 301
Jeremy Kelly 6'6" 286
Landon Lechler 6'7" 299

plus our Reds make us look even fatter; so theyre really hoping we get to wear Whites .. its a very sensitive group, whos feelings get hurt easily.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2014, 12:36 PM

Ah yes, the FBS transfers. God damn, I'm still waiting for one of them to live up to the hype. Indiana? I forgot they were FBS

Let me help you since you haven't been there. It's a soccer stadium. All the seats are pretty close to the field. It gets pretty freakin loud when most of the crowd (spoiler alert: us) are yelling.

REALBird
December 29th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Ah yes, the FBS transfers. God damn, I'm still waiting for one of them to live up to the hype. Indiana? I forgot they were FBS

Let me help you since you haven't been there. It's a soccer stadium. All the seats are pretty close to the field. It gets pretty freakin loud when most of the crowd (spoiler alert: us) are yelling.

Seems you guys have somehow learned to redefine physics, because I could have sworn that sound reverberations in a dome stadium would be a hellava lot louder than an open air stadium. Furthermore, it being a soccer stadium, but unlike the juke joint Portland State plays their games at, or a football stadium like CenturyLink field with the canopy over the seats which allows sound to reverberate more, although it will be more intimate and closer to the action, can't imagine we'll be impacted as much as you'd think.

We still played at UNI this year, so we know how to play in a dome and how to use a silent count.

But hey, maybe the Frisco Air with all it's brisket, Bison, and other beefy smells along with the smoke keeps the sound closer to the ground, and we'll be too busy smelling tailgates food to concentrate on little things like the football game. After all, our OL is quite big and apparently loves to eat.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Seems you guys have somehow learned to redefine physics, because I could have sworn that sound reverberations in a dome stadium would be a hellava lot louder than an open air stadium. Furthermore, it being a soccer stadium, but unlike the juke joint Portland State plays their games at, or a football stadium like CenturyLink field with the canopy over the seats which allows sound to reverberate more, although it will be more intimate and closer to the action, can't imagine we'll be impacted as much as you'd think.

We still played at UNI this year, so we know how to play in a dome and how to use a silent count.

But hey, maybe the Frisco Air with all it's brisket, Bison, and other beefy smells along with the smoke keeps the sound closer to the ground, and we'll be too busy smelling tailgates food to concentrate on little things like the football game. After all, our OL is quite big and apparently loves to eat.

They love to eat as much as they love to give up sacks.

Redbird Recon
December 29th, 2014, 12:57 PM
He's the reason we're here. I'd say he lived up to the hype.

OSBF
December 29th, 2014, 01:00 PM

Rob this is some really funny **** here.

I remember a few years ago when you took some heat from the UNI faithful after that trip you took out to Montana and hung out with those guys

Some people just can't wrap their head around being a FOOTBALL fan in general as well as being a fan of a particular program

I've ALWAYS appreciated good football and GREAT programs that work hard at doing things the "right" way

Guess to be a "REALfan" of ILS today that's unacceptable.

BisonFan02
December 29th, 2014, 01:00 PM
He's the reason we're here. I'd say he lived up to the hype.

Yeah...and you guys have some stud RB that was hyped up by some ISUr fan here awhile back...think his last name was Keoshian...how has he been doing? :D

Bisonoline
December 29th, 2014, 01:28 PM
They're big boys:

Rocco Adams 6'5" 330
Kyle Avaloy 6'5" 330
Jermaine Barton 6'7" 315
Michael Liedtke 6'3" 305
Mark Spellman 6'4" 280

Compare that to NDSU:

Joe Haeg 6'6" 299
Austin Kuhnert 6'4" 300
Jesse Hinz 6'4" 301
Jeremy Kelly 6'6" 286
Landon Lechler 6'7" 299

Since they wont be lining up against each other the size disparity will be of no consequence. Against our D-line is a different matter.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 29th, 2014, 01:33 PM

Kansas City Chiefs fans set a Guinness world record on Monday Night Football for loudest crowd at an outdoor stadium. Kansas City Chiefs fans' broke Seattle Seahawks' fans' record of having the loudest outdoor stadium by creating 142.2 decibels worth of noise at Arrowhead Stadium Monday night.

Redbird Recon
December 29th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Yeah...and you guys have some stud RB that was hyped up by some ISUr fan here awhile back...think his last name was Keoshian...how has he been doing? :D
He was a juco transfer. He's one of our starting defensive tackles. He has been fantastic, especially during the back half of the season.

Redbirdgrad
December 29th, 2014, 01:48 PM
He was a juco transfer. He's one of our starting defensive tackles. He has been fantastic, especially during the back half of the season.

8 sacks, 10.5 tackles for loss this year, and the game winning interception in our semi-final come to mind when thinking about him as well... we have RBs which can hurt you (see the leading RB in the Valley this year), we needed someone with his versatility and athleticism to fill a hole. He's done that in spades.

Next time do your research before you go spouting off about things you haven't a clue of Bisonfan02.

REALBird
December 29th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Rob this is some really funny **** here.

I remember a few years ago when you took some heat from the UNI faithful after that trip you took out to Montana and hung out with those guys

Some people just can't wrap their head around being a FOOTBALL fan in general as well as being a fan of a particular program

I've ALWAYS appreciated good football and GREAT programs that work hard at doing things the "right" way

Guess to be a "REALfan" of ILS today that's unacceptable.

Well then.....Go Ivies!!!!!! I will tone it down a bit and simply ask you to engage in some civil dialogue. But, if you believe that every compliance officer at every University is on the up and up, and that every incident is reported, every minor infraction is reported, that every kid is vetted to ensure that he doesn't have a skeleton in the closet then you're nuts!

40 yard dash speed, athleticism, size, height, weight, level of competition and all the other crap coaches take into consideration comes well before a kids academics and his off the field personna. Let me guess, you also believe that the Power 5 conferences are all doing this "the right way". LOL. Hell, I've seen threads on here about "non-scholly" schools coming under fire for "bending" the rules and providing more than "grant in aid" to players. I seriously doubt ANY school, ANY school is 100% on the up and up. Ivies included!

But I get it dude. I may have come off as harsh and taken it to a level beyond where it should have gone. For that, I'll be the bigger man and apologize. But these are kids, they're athletes, they're not saints and nor should we hold them up to be saints. They make mistakes, and SOME coaches are willing to give SOME of these kids a second chance.

But there is no "RIGHT" way, the way the COACH chooses to build his program becomes his own cross to bear. If these kids pan out, it's viewed as a hugely successful gamble. If it doesn't, more than often the kid gets criticized for messing up a good thing, not the coach for being a bad evaluator of character. They're really in a no lose situation. Except when they just stink and can't win.

Look no further than Florida State. You can have all the talent in the world, and be a world class jackass, but talent gives you a much longer rope. Especially when you can win the Heisman and lead a school to a championship.

Had Jimbo Fisher tossed Jameis Winston to the side like Les Miles did with that "Honeybadger" kid Tyron Mathieu noone would have shed a tear for Winston, but you can bet your rear end SOMEBODY would have taken him and his talents, and his baggage. Unfortunately, I can't say I can speak to what it's like to coach, but I have had 18-22 year olds working for me at the University. Let's just say, I'd hate to have my future be dependent upon ANY kid they way these guys do, but it's all a gamble at the end of the day.

You have your beliefs, and that's great. But this whole "RIGHT" way thing went South the day corporations and television networks started paying to televise amatuer athletics. It's only getting worse.

Hope you enjoy the NDSU/ISU game. Cheers! Because I'm getting too old for this crap! xdrunkyx

BisonFan02
December 29th, 2014, 02:20 PM
8 sacks, 10.5 tackles for loss this year, and the game winning interception in our semi-final come to mind when thinking about him as well... we have RBs which can hurt you (see the leading RB in the Valley this year), we needed someone with his versatility and athleticism to fill a hole. He's done that in spades.

Next time do your research before you go spouting off about things you haven't a clue of Bisonfan02.

It was sarcasm you ****ing idiot. You guys are pretty slow aren't ya...

Redbirdgrad
December 29th, 2014, 02:23 PM
Sarcasm? Nice try... Got caught with your pants down and couldn't recover... it's ok, I've seen better backtrackers out of 3 year olds....

"you big ******ing idiot"??? Showing your true colors there champ.

Stay classy North Dakota.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Sarcasm? Nice try... Got caught with your pants down and couldn't recover... it's ok, I've seen better backtrackers out of 3 year olds....

"you big ******ing idiot"??? Showing your true colors there champ.

Stay classy North Dakota.

he didn't call you a big ****ing idiot. Just a ****ing idiot. Perhaps the "big" part comes from self-reflection.

BisonFan02
December 29th, 2014, 02:29 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?126201-Illinois-State-football-fans&highlight=Keoshian

Here ya go......I can go find a few more threads if you want....

I'm more than comfortable with my FCS knowledge...not backtracking one bit.

And yes...I don't mince my words. Go cry about it over on your board.

Professor Chaos
December 29th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Presented without comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FUB8SrlQAE

Lehigh'98
December 29th, 2014, 02:49 PM
ISU, Please do us all a favor and unseat the Bison. The program is top notch, but good lord some of their message board fans are insufferable.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2014, 02:53 PM
ISU, Please do us all a favor and unseat the Bison. The program is top notch, but good lord some of their message board fans are insufferable.

The relationship between Lehigh and FCS always reminded me of this old cartoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVNHcob3oJg

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 29th, 2014, 02:55 PM
From

"I expect a very close game. Probably very similar to the SDSU game. Just another hard fought Valley slugfest. "

To

he didn't call you a big ****ing idiot. Just a ****ing idiot. Perhaps the "big" part comes from self-reflection.

In just seven short days.....Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2014, 02:58 PM
From

"I expect a very close game. Probably very similar to the SDSU game. Just another hard fought Valley slugfest. "

To

In just seven short days.....Merry Christmas everybody!!!!!

Well if you could have closed the deal with these whiny bitches, we wouldn't have to put up with them.

dewey
December 29th, 2014, 03:06 PM
The program is top notch, but good lord some of their message board fans are insufferable.

Agreed! Are there any Illinois State fans out there that want to talk about football and not how much of a *** idiot someone else is?

So I get that Roberson and Coprich are the stars and the offensive line is very good. How are your WR'S? TE? What did teams that did well against you do?

So what are the weaknesses of your team offensively and defensively?
How are your kickers and punters and the associated coverage teams?
How is you field goal kicker?

If any Illinois State fans can post some articles from their local newspaper that would be great. I will post some from the Fargo Forum when I come across them.

When is everyone else heading down to Frisco?

Dewey

OSBF
December 29th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Well then.....Go Ivies!!!!!! I will tone it down a bit and simply ask you to engage in some civil dialogue. But, if you believe that every compliance officer at every University is on the up and up, and that every incident is reported, every minor infraction is reported, that every kid is vetted to ensure that he doesn't have a skeleton in the closet then you're nuts!

40 yard dash speed, athleticism, size, height, weight, level of competition and all the other crap coaches take into consideration comes well before a kids academics and his off the field personna. Let me guess, you also believe that the Power 5 conferences are all doing this "the right way". LOL. Hell, I've seen threads on here about "non-scholly" schools coming under fire for "bending" the rules and providing more than "grant in aid" to players. I seriously doubt ANY school, ANY school is 100% on the up and up. Ivies included!

But I get it dude. I may have come off as harsh and taken it to a level beyond where it should have gone. For that, I'll be the bigger man and apologize. But these are kids, they're athletes, they're not saints and nor should we hold them up to be saints. They make mistakes, and SOME coaches are willing to give SOME of these kids a second chance.

But there is no "RIGHT" way, the way the COACH chooses to build his program becomes his own cross to bear. If these kids pan out, it's viewed as a hugely successful gamble. If it doesn't, more than often the kid gets criticized for messing up a good thing, not the coach for being a bad evaluator of character. They're really in a no lose situation. Except when they just stink and can't win.

Look no further than Florida State. You can have all the talent in the world, and be a world class jackass, but talent gives you a much longer rope. Especially when you can win the Heisman and lead a school to a championship.

Had Jimbo Fisher tossed Jameis Winston to the side like Les Miles did with that "Honeybadger" kid Tyron Mathieu noone would have shed a tear for Winston, but you can bet your rear end SOMEBODY would have taken him and his talents, and his baggage. Unfortunately, I can't say I can speak to what it's like to coach, but I have had 18-22 year olds working for me at the University. Let's just say, I'd hate to have my future be dependent upon ANY kid they way these guys do, but it's all a gamble at the end of the day.

You have your beliefs, and that's great. But this whole "RIGHT" way thing went South the day corporations and television networks started paying to televise amatuer athletics. It's only getting worse.

Hope you enjoy the NDSU/ISU game. Cheers! Because I'm getting too old for this crap! xdrunkyx

I completely agree, these are kids, they "F" up

Sometimes as fanatics we are too quick to call outright thug behavior a "mistake"

When a DI athlete knocks around a chick it's not a "mistake"

When a kid gets multiple "second" chances for the same dam thing (Shelby Harris) and doesn't get the heave-ho till he's charged with a felony, it isn't a "mistake"

Wanna know what 1 too many "2nd" chances looks like? Josh Brent. You know that kid was covered for from the time he was in elementary school.

I agree, they do stupid things

What gets my goat is the consistent lack of anything resembling an appropriate institutional response

These kids are gonna screw up that's a fact of life, its what the university does in response to the screw ups that in my mind seperates these programs one from another

citdog
December 29th, 2014, 03:12 PM

Coming from a le high fan that is funny. You patsy leaguers are the WORST.

Redbird Recon
December 29th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Agreed! Are there any Illinois State fans out there that want to talk about football and not how much of a *** idiot someone else is?
Amen!

Slowing down Coprich, which UNH was able to do, really throws off our offensive balance.
Roberson has a knack for comebacks, but they usually come from his own slow starts; Winston-esque.
We don't cover the deep ball extraordinarily well, and we lost a starting corner with a knee.

Ivytalk
December 29th, 2014, 03:19 PM
I think we should move the game up to December 31, ring in the new year at halftime, and have Jenny McCarthy soul-kiss the winning team at the final gun.

REALBird
December 29th, 2014, 03:25 PM
What gets my goat is the consistent lack of anything resembling an appropriate institutional response

These kids are gonna screw up that's a fact of life, its what the university does in response to the screw ups that in my mind seperates these programs one from another

If only this issue were only applicable to Illinois State. Kids shooting BB guns at SIU, domestic violence at Bradley, kids stealing socks @ Drake. I think some institutions operate in a vacuum where it's protect the kids at all costs. Winning is the only thing that matters. Just as many institutions leave punishment to the same people who depend on the kids for their jobs.

Slippery slope. What peeves me is when the criminal justice system "bends over backwards" to work with the University to lessen the punishment, knowing full well that any John Q Public would go to jail. Interesting how the local DA in just about any college town has a really good working relationship with their local university's athletic department.

OSBF
December 29th, 2014, 03:27 PM

So I get that Roberson and Coprich are the stars and the offensive line is very good. How are your WR'S? TE? What did teams that did well against you do?

If any Illinois State fans can post some articles from their local newspaper that would be great. I will post some from the Fargo Forum when I come across them.

When is everyone else heading down to Frisco?

Dewey

There are 2 EXCELLENT sources for info

I'll let you do your own google search

WJBC, sports director Bryan Bloodworth, does an evcellent job covering ISU sports, lots of podcast type stuff on their web site

The local paper is The Bloomington Pantagraph, they have an entire section of their web site devoted to ISU

Not going to get much off the athletic dept site, most of it is rah rah **** and locked up behind a pay service

Glaring weakness all year has been consistency on special teams, esp kick coverage

We have been vunerable to the big return at critical stages of the game, hence the recent reliance on pooch kicks

TE/slot has been a big weapon all year, kids dad played basketball at DePaul in the Mark Aguire/Terry Cummings/Coach Ray Meyer years

He's athletic and has good hands, always seem to go to him in the red zone and on 3rd down

Punter is from Australia, background in Australian rules football, does that rugby style thing where he rolls out and kicks on the run outside the tackle box

Place kicker is a 4 yr starter and very good, not overly long but accurate as hell 45in, we call him Asskicker, name is Ausiker

Long snapper is a local kid from Bloomington Central Catholic, is an NFL prospect, hasn't missed a snap in a couple of years

We try to be a power downhill run team behind that big O-line, but can throw it if you stack the box

QB not overly accurate if he stays in pocket, at his best on the move and improvising, tough to get to the ground

When he gets pressured he gets outside the box real quick and can throw it away before getting sacked

I've been real impressed with his ability to throw the ball 40 yds on a rope with just a flick of the wrist, no big wind up, doesn't need to be set, just flick and the ball's gone

Doesn't hold the ball, gets rid of it quick, early in the year had some happy feet, but has hung in better as the year has gone on, coaching staff has been working on that with him real hard

About all for now, feel free to ask more after browsing the WJBC and Pantagraph web sites

Redbirdgrad
December 29th, 2014, 03:29 PM

Impossible with the Bison faithful. Every conversation links back to attendance or PAST championships. Forgetting they haven't won this one yet...

WR's are very solid. Our #1 and #2 are in the top 10 of almost every WR MVFC metric, so it's tough to key on one. TE is a beast, and helps pick off opposing teams trying to cover him with undersized defenders. Teams that defended us well got in the backfield early and played "bend but dont break", waiting for us to beat ourselves. We did that earlier in the conference season, but really shored that up later in the year.

Like the Bison, we don't have many offensively. Very well rounded as we have a stud RB, two quality WRs (and go a little deeper here if needed), a great TE, and a solid O-Line. QB has gotten more accurate as the year has gone on, which keeps teams from stacking the box.

The defense is very solid, as our penetration comes from the entire D-Line and not just one side. Look at the stats... no standouts, but solid all across the line. Weakness is through the air. An accurate passer can have a great day against us if the right plays are called, etc. We tend to shell in games we're up a few scores, which causes teams to gain more yards than they actually deserve in a game.

Haven't had to punt or kick much, but when we do we're average. Special teams aren't our strong suit. Often eliminate return games with directional kicking, etc. Bison have an advantage in this area.

Someone else will have to hook you up with these... I don't peruse the Pantagraph much.

Hope this helped.

REALBird
December 29th, 2014, 03:31 PM
I want to talk about how the Coastal Carolina team ranked #65 in Total DEF and #19 in Total Offense (both by the way below Illinois State) was able to take a lead into the 4th Quarter in the FargoDome.

I keep hearing about how great the NDSU DEF is, and how EWU put up big points against Illinois State in a game that was pretty much decided going into the 4th Quarter. But somehow Coastal gained 186 yards and 3 TD's on the ground. Only punted 4 times in the whole game. Averaged 8 yards a pass, even though their QB finished with less than 50% completion rating.

Take out SFA and SHSU two teams from a Conference that likely wouldn't have gotten two bids had the MEAC not imploded the final week of the season. NDSU had to claw to pull victory from the jaws of defeat twice against better competition from SDSU and Coastal.

Real talk. I keep hearing about Frisco, 4 peats, Sea of Yellow, The Buck Winner. NDSU seems to have won against SFA and SHSU on mere talent alone, but the SDSU and Coastal games were a lot closer than any NDSU fan will admit they should have been playing in the comfy confines of Fargo.

I think this game is more evenly matched than you guys want to let on, and 61 games over a 4 year period is a lot of wear and tear on your guys. I firmly believe if you get down to THIS Illinois State team, it's going to be more difficult than coming back against SDSU and Coastal Carolina.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2014, 03:36 PM
I want to talk about how the Coastal Carolina team ranked #65 in Total DEF and #19 in Total Offense (both by the way below Illinois State) was able to take a lead into the 4th Quarter in the FargoDome.

I keep hearing about how great the NDSU DEF is, and how EWU put up big points against Illinois State in a game that was pretty much decided going into the 4th Quarter. But somehow Coastal gained 186 yards and 3 TD's on the ground. Only punted 4 times in the whole game. Averaged 8 yards a pass, even though their QB finished with less than 50% completion rating.

Take out SFA and SHSU two teams from a Conference that likely wouldn't have gotten two bids had the MEAC not imploded the final week of the season. NDSU had to claw to pull victory from the jaws of defeat twice against better competition from SDSU and Coastal.

Real talk. I keep hearing about Frisco, 4 peats, Sea of Yellow, The Buck Winner. NDSU seems to have won against SFA and SHSU on mere talent alone, but the SDSU and Coastal games were a lot closer than any NDSU fan will admit they should have been playing in the comfy confines of Fargo.

I think this game is more evenly matched than you guys want to let on, and 61 games over a 4 year period is a lot of wear and tear on your guys. I firmly believe if you get down to THIS Illinois State team, it's going to be more difficult than coming back against SDSU and Coastal Carolina.

Real talk. These two teams may be evenly matched on many fronts except a ton more experience on one side. Your kids have 3 games of pressure football, some of our kids have 20 or more.

Professor Chaos
December 29th, 2014, 03:40 PM

CCU's QB was elusive as hell. The Bison were in the backfield a decent amount that day but didn't maintain their rush lanes and he got outside the pocket and burned them consistently. This should be a big concern against a QB like Roberson for NDSU. CCU's WRs also pretty much torched the Bison CBs in 1 on 1 coverage. Their QB threw up four or five 50/50 balls if I recall correctly and on every one their WR outmaneuvered the Bison CB to make the catch. To the QB's credit he identified the single coverage did throw good balls that allowed his WRs to get under them to make the play.

You can point to one game all you want but the bottom line is in their 8 regular season game against common opponents NDSU gave up nearly 100 yards per game less through the air (and 10 ppg less if you want to claim that this is because of the soft coverage ISU played when they got a lead) than ISU did. The key to beating NDSU is to run the ball. Their pass defense, even with the loss of LB Travis Beck, is simply too good to be able to win the game throwing it. I think the Bison defense will put the emphasis on stopping Roberson and Coprich out of the backfield so you'll see plenty of #20 and #35 (NDSU's safeties) near the line in run support and a lot of single coverage on ISU's WRs. It'll come down to who can dictate the game when the Bison defense and ISU offense is on the field. I think the Bison offense can score points on the Redbird defense but can the Bison defense stop the potent Redbird ground attack consistently enough to allow their offense to score? We'll see.

Redbirdgrad
December 29th, 2014, 03:52 PM
If North Dakota State wants to stack the box... it'll be a fun day for Cam and Neblett.

I think the key to beating NDSU is the red zone. We'll move the ball on them, I don't doubt that... it's sealing the deal once we're there.

Get 7s instead of 3s and we win.

27-24 ISU.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 29th, 2014, 03:55 PM
CCU's QB was elusive as hell. The Bison were in the backfield a decent amount that day but didn't maintain their rush lanes and he got outside the pocket and burned them consistently. This should be a big concern against a QB like Roberson for NDSU. CCU's WRs also pretty much torched the Bison CBs in 1 on 1 coverage. Their QB threw up four or five 50/50 balls if I recall correctly and on every one their WR outmaneuvered the Bison CB to make the catch. To the QB's credit he identified the single coverage did throw good balls that allowed his WRs to get under them to make the play.

You can point to one game all you want but the bottom line is in their 8 regular season game against common opponents NDSU gave up nearly 100 yards per game less through the air (and 10 ppg less if you want to claim that this is because of the soft coverage ISU played when they got a lead) than ISU did. The key to beating NDSU is to run the ball. Their pass defense, even with the loss of LB Travis Beck, is simply too good to be able to win the game throwing it. I think the Bison defense will put the emphasis on stopping Roberson and Coprich out of the backfield so you'll see plenty of #20 and #35 (NDSU's safeties) near the line in run support and a lot of single coverage on ISU's WRs. It'll come down to who can dictate the game when the Bison defense and ISU offense is on the field. I think the Bison offense can score points on the Redbird defense but can the Bison defense stop the potent Redbird ground attack consistently enough to allow their offense to score? We'll see.
COach K. rushed 4 with contain or rushed 3 with a spy(Coach K's words) until the 4th quarter. 4th quarter Coach K. turned the defense loose and the D was much better. It changed the game.

Redbirdgrad
December 29th, 2014, 03:56 PM
COach K. rushed 4 with contain or rushed 3 with a spy(Coach K's words) until the 4th quarter. 4th quarter Coach K. turned the defense loose and the D was much better. It changed the game.

So what you're saying is that it takes your coach 3 full quarters to find out what's not working?!?

;)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2014, 03:56 PM
If North Dakota State wants to stack the box... it'll be a fun day for Cam and Neblett.

I think the key to beating NDSU is the red zone. We'll move the ball on them, I don't doubt that... it's sealing the deal once we're there.

27-24 ISU.

NDSU doesn't have to stack the box. Sometimes it will be base, sometimes nickel, sometimes, who knows? They will disguise the coverage plenty well and they are as fast sideline to sideline as anyone. Throw the ball all you want, I'm comfortable with our defensive backfield.

Professor Chaos
December 29th, 2014, 03:58 PM

27-24 ISU.
I think that'll be the Bison defensive strategy for the most part. If Roberson is able to stand in the pocket and move the ball consistently through the air I'm sure the Bison will make an adjustment and leave themselves more vulnerable to the run but it's easier said than done for ISU to throw the ball at will. NDSU isn't #3 in the nation in pass efficiency defense with smoke and mirrors.

Professor Chaos
December 29th, 2014, 04:02 PM
You sure about that? I thought they rushed 4 until the 4th quarter and then decided to rush 3 and spy Ross with Littlejohn and that's when Ross really started to struggle to find open receivers or space to scramble. I may be wrong but I thought that's how it went down.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2014, 04:05 PM
You sure about that? I thought they rushed 4 until the 4th quarter and then decided to rush 3 and spy Ross with Littlejohn and that's when Ross really started to struggle to find open receivers or space to scramble. I may be wrong but I thought that's how it went down.

There was definitely a 3 man rush. It worked to perfection as Ross finally had to hang on to the ball for a few seconds.

WTFCollegefootballfan
December 29th, 2014, 04:24 PM
That is what Coach K said on the coaches show.

PantherRob82
December 29th, 2014, 05:00 PM

Illinois State fans are just as bad xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2014, 05:09 PM

xrolleyesx

REALBird
December 29th, 2014, 05:43 PM
Sour grapes. LOL

PantherRob82
December 29th, 2014, 06:11 PM

Sour grapes. LOL

You idiots can say sour grapes all you like, but if that was the case I would feel the same way towards YSU, Montana, Delaware, Lehigh, Richmond, and more. On top of that, I like ISUMatt and OSBF.

So maybe it's NOT sour grapes as much as me not liking bandwagon dickweeds. ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2014, 06:15 PM
You idiots can say sour grapes all you like, but if that was the case I would feel the same way towards YSU, Montana, Delaware, Lehigh, Richmond, and more. On top of that, I like ISUMatt and OSBF.

I love how you keep multiquoting me. Especially that one.

REALBird
December 29th, 2014, 06:35 PM

Just go watch some basketball already. LOL. You've been on your Manstruel Cycle since UNI lost. Get over it.

PantherRob82
December 29th, 2014, 06:46 PM
I love how you keep multiquoting me. Especially that one.

No idea why. xlolx

semobison
December 29th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Red Zone offense, base defense, nickel packages, we have some very sharp football minds here on AGS!! Like most MVFC games, the team who can win the battle in the trenches will most likely come away with the win. This should be a dandy!

December 29th, 2014, 08:07 PM

Have to agree that this years Bison are not last years. Last years team was simply untouchable and could be argued as the best FCS team ever. But this is college football and last year is last year. Different year different team. That is why I like FCS football. Both teams have the horses to win. The winner will have to earn the win and both teams will pull out all the stops. NDSU 31 ISU 28

NDSUSR
December 29th, 2014, 08:42 PM
ISU blows.... Why cant anyone else just say it.....

Redbird 4th & short
December 29th, 2014, 08:53 PM
Just go watch some basketball already. LOL. You've been on your Manstruel Cycle since UNI lost. Get over it.
you think ? when you get you butt kicked, you think he would stop picking a fight and reminding everyone of that fact. Of course, he knows I was on their fan board arguing our QB and special teams didn't suck, and most likely wouldn't repeat that dreadful performance... bulls eye dead on accurate. Yet he's still picking a fight more than a month later ?

Oh by the way, the same fans who attacked me for arguing our Redbirds would be much better prepared 2nd time around (bulls eye), and who were similarly talking repeat performance and national championship run in the week leading up to our playoff game with them .. are the same people who were listing off players to benched and coaches to be fired by middle of 2nd quarter against us .. so much for "having enough" to kick our butts against and making a championship run, huh ?

Move on, dude .. your team got spanked as we predicted .. worse than predicted actually.

Bisonoline
December 29th, 2014, 09:23 PM

So you want to talk about CCU and why the game was the way it was? So go ahead and tell us why. I am waiting-------All you have done is make silly assumptions based on some stats. But please tell us why because you want to talk about it so bad. I will hang up and listen and see If you can break down the O and D play and not rely on what you heard etc etc. Because statements like those are nothing more than a passive aggressive approach when you dont have the actual knowledge to discuss the subject. But youve got a pretty good troll going so I will give you that. Its a tad windy bit still amusing.

REALBird
December 29th, 2014, 09:30 PM
So you want to talk about CCU and why the game was the way it was? So go ahead and tell us why. I am waiting-------All you have done is make silly assumptions based on some stats. But please tell us why because you want to talk about it so bad. I will hang up and listen and see If you can break down the O and D play and not rely on what you heard etc etc. Because statements like those are nothing more than a passive aggressive approach when you dont have the actual knowledge to discuss the subject. But youve got a pretty good troll going so I will give you that. Its a tad windy bit still amusing.

I think I'll just go with 1984 and his assessment. He and I may disagree about the final outcome of the game, but he didn't take it as personal as you. Whatever, its good.

Bisonoline
December 29th, 2014, 09:36 PM
I think I'll just go with 1984 and his assessment. He and I may disagree about the final outcome of the game, but he didn't take it as personal as you. Whatever, its good.

. Sorry to take the puff out of your cheeto. Dont know why you would think I would take anything you have to say personal?;)

But if it makes you feel any better I and many Bison fans know this will be our toughest test. Its going to be a very very hard fought game.

PantherRob82
December 29th, 2014, 09:52 PM
you think ? when you get you butt kicked, you think he would stop picking a fight and reminding everyone of that fact. Of course, he knows I was on their fan board arguing our QB and special teams didn't suck, and most likely wouldn't repeat that dreadful performance... bulls eye dead on accurate. Yet he's still picking a fight more than a month later ?

Oh by the way, the same fans who attacked me for arguing our Redbirds would be much better prepared 2nd time around (bulls eye), and who were similarly talking repeat performance and national championship run in the week leading up to our playoff game with them .. are the same people who were listing off players to benched and coaches to be fired by middle of 2nd quarter against us .. so much for "having enough" to kick our butts against and making a championship run, huh ?

Move on, dude .. your team got spanked as we predicted .. worse than predicted actually.

You guys are the ones who keep crying "sour grapes". Maybe you guys need to move on and realize that every comment for the Bison or against you isn't a personal slight and has nothing to do with a game we played a month ago.

You guys can keep playing the martyr all you want and I couldn't careless. I've enjoyed talking FCS football on this board for yea rs and will continue to enjoy it long after you guys leave for your own board again.

I had positive things to say about ISU before each of their last two games. You guys are just sensitive.

caribbeanhen
December 29th, 2014, 10:06 PM

it's the brat pack, about three of them or so that are just basking in self accomplishment like they actually play the games, but all in all I would say the Bizun fans are outstanding considering they are going for 4 in a row.....

Redbird 4th & short
December 29th, 2014, 10:21 PM
You guys are the ones who keep crying "sour grapes". Maybe you guys need to move on and realize that every comment for the Bison or against you isn't a personal slight and has nothing to do with a game we played a month ago.

You guys can keep playing the martyr all you want and I couldn't careless. I've enjoyed talking FCS football on this board for yea rs and will continue to enjoy it long after you guys leave for your own board again.

I had positive things to say about ISU before each of their last two games. You guys are just sensitive.
Get real ... you've been stalking this thread, and picking a fight with us the whole way. Get off your pedestal and go take a look in the mirror.

PantherRob82
December 29th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Get real ... you've been stalking this thread, and picking a fight with us the whole way. Get off your pedestal and go take a look in the mirror.

Haha. You're paranoid. I purposely didn't post in this thread for days because of the few of you who constantly bitch and bellyache. xlolx

What pedestal am I on?