PDA

View Full Version : TENN/Chat @ UNH Game Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

utcfan
December 12th, 2014, 10:59 PM
Sick already of hearing about people saying EWU is too strong last time I checked they lost at home last year to Towson(who played with a backup qb) not saying it's EWU fans saying this, also the option sucks to defend against look how close the GSU NDSU game was a few years ago... Just happy our team is in the semi's and we will put up a hell of a fight vs EWU or ISU to get to Fargo

Good luck. After you all being given no chance to win the next game, I say Go Wildcats!

Red & Black
December 12th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Lol. 2 mph

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YoUDeeMan
December 12th, 2014, 11:00 PM
Expecting to win, Coaching, Special Teams & Effort/Heart beat talent...again.

Worth repeating.

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Sick already of hearing about people saying EWU is too strong last time I checked they lost at home last year to Towson(who played with a backup qb) not saying it's EWU fans saying this, also the option sucks to defend against look how close the GSU NDSU game was a few years ago... Just happy our team is in the semi's and we will put up a hell of a fight vs EWU or ISU to get to Fargo

exactly

UCMoc
December 12th, 2014, 11:10 PM
Worth repeating.
You know he's a mercer fan, right? if not, allow me to quote our
most distinguished alum in reminding you to please STFU!

WrenFGun
December 12th, 2014, 11:13 PM
Here are the games that UNH has lost vs FCS competition in the last 389 days:

North Dakota State

Here are the games that UNH has lost vs FCS competition at home in the last 755 days:

[none]

--

It make not look beautiful, but this is a really solid program and team that doesn't lose much and almost never loses at home. MVFC and Big Sky programs can boast how they want but if they expect it won't be a challenging come into the Dungeon and winning they have another think coming.

tribe_pride
December 12th, 2014, 11:17 PM
After watching this: How do you pick UNH next week..?

By the transitive property (which I know is BS but fun to do) assuming Illinois State wins
- UNH beat Chattanooga by 5
- Chattanooga beat Indiana State by 21
- Illinois State only beat Indiana State by 2 on a last second FG.
- Therefore, UNH should easily beat Illinois State

Sycamore62
December 12th, 2014, 11:23 PM
By the transitive property (which I know is BS but fun to do) assuming Illinois State wins
- UNH beat Chattanooga by 5
- Chattanooga beat Indiana State by 21
- Illinois State only beat Indiana State by 2 on a last second FG.
- Therefore, UNH should easily beat Illinois State
Why stop there
UNH beat Chatty
Chatty beat ISUb
ISUb beat UNI
UNI beat NDSU
NDSU beat Iowa St
Iowa St. beat Iowa
Iowa Beat Indiana
Indiana beat Missouri
Missouri bear Arkansas
Arkansas bear Ole Miss
and Ole Miss beat Alabama
UNH should be the number 1 seed in all Division 1 tournaments

edit: you could do this with Ohio St and Oregon
so the FBS tournament should be UNH vs ISUb plays Chatty vs Florida St

dewey
December 12th, 2014, 11:25 PM
Why stop there
UNH beat Chatty
Chatty beat ISUb
ISUb beat UNI
UNI beat NDSU
NDSU beat Iowa St
Iowa St. beat Iowa
Iowa Beat Indiana
Indiana beat Missouri
Missouri bear Arkansas
Arkansas bear Ole Miss
and Ole Miss beat Alabama
UNH should be the number 1 seed in all Division 1 tournaments

Makes sense to me:-)

Dewey

Old Cat Fan
Game stats

Chattanooga

RUSHING
ATT
YDS
TD
LONG

Jacob Huesman

Keon Williams

Derrick Craine

Xavier Borishade

Richardre Bagley

Total

PASSING
CP-ATT-INT
YDS
TD
LONG

Jacob Huesman
28-37-1

Total
28-37-1

RECEIVING
REC
YDS
TD
LONG

Faysal Shafaat

Tommy Hudson

Derrick Craine

Keon Williams

Richardre Bagley

Marquis Green

C.J. Board

Xavier Borishade

Taharin Tyson

Total

KICKING
FG-FGA
LONG
XP
PTS

Henrique Ribeiro
1/2

PUNTING
NO
YDS
AVG
LONG

Nick Pollard

Total

PUNT RETURNS
NO
YDS
AVG
LONG

Tommy Hudson
-

Total

KICK RETURNS
NO
YDS
AVG
LONG

Marquis Green

Richardre Bagley

Total

New Hampshire

RUSHING
ATT
YDS
TD
LONG

Nico Steriti

Sean Goldrich

Dalton Crossan

R.J. Harris

Team

Total

PASSING
CP-ATT-INT
YDS
TD
LONG

Sean Goldrich
12-24-0

Total
12-24-0

RECEIVING
REC
YDS
TD
LONG

R.J. Harris

Nico Steriti

Harold Spears

Dalton Crossan

Mike Kelly

Total

KICKING
FG-FGA
LONG
XP
PTS

Brad Prasky
0/0
-

PUNTING
NO
YDS
AVG
LONG

Brad Prasky

Total

PUNT RETURNS
NO
YDS
AVG
LONG

Casey DeAndrade

Total

KICK RETURNS
NO
YDS
AVG
LONG

Dalton Crossan

Casey DeAndrade

R.J. Harris

Total

Sycamore62
It's science

WrenFGun
December 12th, 2014, 11:30 PM
In looking at those stats, I have absolutely no idea how UNH won that game. They won basically punting and kick returns.

Old Cat Fan
December 12th, 2014, 11:35 PM
In looking at those stats, I have absolutely no idea how UNH won that game. They won basically punting and kick returns.

I know it could the punter be MVP and Harris wakes up for 172 yards

utcfan
December 12th, 2014, 11:35 PM
Yep. Your punter constantly flipped the field, our punter had the shanks, and your returns were often past the 50. UNH had 4 or 5 short fields. Also, your kick coverage was solid.

Old Cat Fan
December 12th, 2014, 11:42 PM
Yep. Your punter constantly flipped the field, our punter had the shanks, and your returns were often past the 50. UNH had 4 or 5 short fields. Also, your kick coverage was solid.

Hats off to UTC very tough team and it was a hell of a game, going down is never easy, 10 years in a row for UNH believe me UNH fans know how it feels. UTC will be back next year congrats again on a great year.

KPSUL
December 12th, 2014, 11:48 PM
Did UNH commit a penalty tonight
One defensive offsides and of course Matt Kaplan's roughing the passer on the last Chattanooga drive.

UNHWildcat18
December 13th, 2014, 12:01 AM
I like your confidence.

In NDSU. :)

If I could give a sympathy hug to any fans who have lost in the playoffs already it would be you guys. So pumped to watch the games tomorrow! Will you be rooting for NDSU?

UNHWildCats
December 13th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Its wacky how sometimes teams can dominate a game and lose. Look no further than the 2005 game against UNI If one were to just look at the stats you would think UNH won that game by 40.

Mattymc727
December 13th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Was at the game, might be the most entertaining game ive ever seen in person. Every drive had a huge impact on the game.

The stadium was packed and rocking! This team deserves an upgrade over this dump, glad its coming.

I honestly think it came down to playoff experience. UNH has 11 straight seasons, Chatty, just 1. At halftime everyone was saying there is no chance UNH wins, but smart adjustments and smart play turned things around. Really proud of this team.

Oh, and for those that think UNH has no chance next week, suck on a hog. Everyone doubt on UNH, sounds good to me. UNH seems to play like crap every week and has won 12 straight! Welcome to the dungeon EWU or ISUr.....

Oh, and what a game by Chattanooga! They looked so impressive in the first half. I have great admiration for that team now, well done! Its not easy coming up to NH and taking a win, but that's as close as anyone gets!

longtimemocfan
December 13th, 2014, 12:34 AM
Was at the game, might be the most entertaining game ive ever seen in person. Every drive had a huge impact on the game.

The stadium was packed and rocking! This team deserves an upgrade over this dump, glad its coming.

I honestly think it came down to playoff experience. UNH has 11 straight seasons, Chatty, just 1. At halftime everyone was saying there is no chance UNH wins, but smart adjustments and smart play turned things around. Really proud of this team.

Oh, and for those that think UNH has no chance next week, suck on a hog. Everyone doubt on UNH, sounds good to me. UNH seems to play like crap every week and has won 12 straight! Welcome to the dungeon EWU or ISUr.....

Oh, and what a game by Chattanooga! They looked so impressive in the first half. I have great admiration for that team now, well done! Its not easy coming up to NH and taking a win, but that's as close as anyone gets!

I think your right on it about the playoff experience. Means a lot when it comes down to it. Special team play was excellent on UNH's behalf. Well coached team as well. Won't be easy for a team to come there and take a game from your team. Good luck the rest of the way and congrats !

Dane96
December 13th, 2014, 12:47 AM
Well played game by Chatty. Hats off to you guys, and if you can keep up the momentum over the next couple of years, you will pull a game out vs. losing these more often than not.

Twentysix
December 13th, 2014, 01:21 AM
...IT'S...ALWAYS..BEEN 'BOUT POINTS.......NOT YARDS......BRAWK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PCkvCPvDXk&feature=player_detailpage

You going to do a chicken based parody?

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2014, 06:30 AM
besides the UNH coaching staff saying " we need to get RJ the ball in space and let his talent win the game for us" what other adjustments did they make?

To me, it looked like Chatty came out conservative in the third quarter and played right into the hands of UNH

I do think UNH going with the run helped

Sean Goldrich looked very shaky to me, the O looked out of synch but that can be attributed to playing a strong D..... someone said Chatty would snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and that's exactly what happened...

danefan
December 13th, 2014, 06:37 AM
besides the UNH coaching staff saying " we need to get RJ the ball in space and let his talent win the game for us" what other adjustments did they make?

To me, it looked like Chatty came out conservative in the third quarter and played right into the hands of UNH

I do think UNH going with the run helped

Sean Goldrich looked very shaky to me, the O looked out of synch but that can be attributed to playing a strong D..... someone said Chatty would snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and that's exactly what happened...

Shut off the edge. I think Chatty stopped trying too quickly, but UNh took away what was working in the first half pretty quickly. Chatty didn't have a chance running up the gut. They needed to stay outside and they couldn't.

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Shut off the edge. I think Chatty stopped trying too quickly, but UNh took away what was working in the first half pretty quickly. Chatty didn't have a chance running up the gut. They needed to stay outside and they couldn't.

yep, that makes sense, but to me it looked like they didn't even try..... that up the gut run play three times in a row gave UNH some confidence, I thought that those screens and the passing game would of still been there for them, I guess we'll never know for sure

as for UNH, That first TD was a thing of beauty, the play fake allowed had the entire Chatty D about a half step in the wrong direction and that's all it took..... great play.

chattownmocs
December 13th, 2014, 07:09 AM
This is how we lose games. I should probably factor that in when I make predictions instead of solely looking at talent and xs and os and matchups. Not as many this year, maybe its going away.

Tribe4SF
December 13th, 2014, 07:37 AM
yep, that makes sense, but to me it looked like they didn't even try..... that up the gut run play three times in a row gave UNH some confidence, I thought that those screens and the passing game would of still been there for them, I guess we'll never know for sure

as for UNH, That first TD was a thing of beauty, the play fake allowed had the entire Chatty D about a half step in the wrong direction and that's all it took..... great play.

UNH defensive front played much more physical in the second half, and they adjusted their back seven to outside gaps. The turnaround in the trenches after halftime was striking. Commentator predicted that UNH defense would wear down in second half. He was wrong. Chatty had a great game plan, but UNH took it away in second half. Special teams edge for UNH was huge. Their kicking and return game was terrific.

Tribe4SF
December 13th, 2014, 07:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PCkvCPvDXk&feature=player_detailpage

You going to do a chicken based parody?

That would be a chicken baste parody.

Sycamore62
December 13th, 2014, 07:57 AM
That interception and a missed FG were pretty critical

MR. CHICKEN
December 13th, 2014, 07:59 AM
T'WAS..NICE O' MOC COACH...TA STOP AN' CHAT WHIFF OL' [email protected] BUZZER....MAYBEAH..HE JES' HAD TA PEE....xdontknowx....AWK!

AN' FO' ALL WHO THINK NEW HAMMY...LUCKED...GO WATCH...DUH BIZONS/WABBITS FILM...FO' IT GETS HACKED BAH...NORFF
KOREAH!

SENT FROM MAH COMPUTER.....HAL

blueballs
December 13th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Chatty being Chatty.... again. How often have we seen this same script in the Huessman era? Dominate the game statistically against a good opponent, demonstrate great talent and physicality, yet lose in the most excruciating way possible. You'd think just one time, even if it was blind luck, they'd break through and get the big win but nope... same old same old.

One of these days they are going to break through- although we've been saying that for a few years now- and get the big win that launches them to the top of the division. Also, given how weak the SoCon is as currently constituted, they will get plenty of chances.

Neither of those teams playing last night are championship caliber IMO, but UNH now has a 1 in 4 chance at worst of proving me wrong. Best of luck to them.

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2014, 08:37 AM
. UTC wins though...by 13....unless something happens to #14

so what happened to #14...... Daddy took his ball and they all going home now

kdinva
December 13th, 2014, 08:58 AM
I will say that the renderings they showed during the game of the new New Hampshire stadium to open in 2016 looks very nice. Congratulations to Wildcat fans as it looks like it will be a very nice stadium.

Dewey

agree, wish the capacity would be 17,000 or so.......

Terry2889
December 13th, 2014, 09:53 AM
agree, wish the capacity would be 17,000 or so.......

Its gonna be more around the 12-13,000 range which is a perfect capacity for the program.

PantherRob82
December 13th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Huessman (coach) kinda seemed like he cracked in the last 10 mins of game time or so. Every time they showed him after a play it seemed like he was overreacting to what happened and really laying into his players. I was wondering if he lost them in the 4th quarter and if maybe that's what causes them to lose all these close games over the years.

Apphole
December 13th, 2014, 10:24 AM
When I saw the score I came to AGS for a Chattown meltdown.

I'm sorely dissapointed.

NDSUSR
December 13th, 2014, 10:26 AM
When I saw the score I came to AGS for a Chattown meltdown.

I'm sorely dissapointed.

Chattownmocs took the loss pretty well this year. You can always visit egriz for the hilarity regarding the coaches though..

Milktruck74
December 13th, 2014, 10:29 AM
As we are all disappointed with the outcome, Chattanooga (Team and Fans) can hold their heads high and get really excited about the future of the program. Russ was nothing short of giddy about the core of players that returns next year. Williams, Shaffat, Tull and Lott will be missed, but there are plenty of SOLID backups ready to step in!

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 13th, 2014, 10:44 AM
As we are all disappointed with the outcome, Chattanooga (Team and Fans) can hold their heads high and get really excited about the future of the program. Russ was nothing short of giddy about the core of players that returns next year. Williams, Shaffat, Tull and Lott will be missed, but there are plenty of SOLID backups ready to step in!

Very talented team...I'm sure they'll be back

Mattymc727
December 13th, 2014, 02:00 PM
Check this out: UTC had a 566-328 advantage in total offense, a 27-13 edge in first downs and had the ball for 38:50. UNH was 3 of 12 on third down.

Quotes: UTC coach Russ Huesman: "I'll tell you what, New Hampshire's really good. They got a chance to win this whole thing. I truly believe that."

UTC's Russ Huesman: "I thought offensively and defensively we probably played good enough to win. We lost this game in the kicking game."

Milktruck74
December 13th, 2014, 02:12 PM
First, Stats are for losers!!! Second, the UNH punter had a great game. Third, Great teams (championship teams) find a way to win when they shouldn't.... based on those stats, UNH shouldn't have even been in the game, but they made the plays they needed. Congrats, and go win it all, that'll make my Mocs look even better.

Mattymc727
December 13th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Been a great week talking with Chatty fans, even Chattown..... Its been a long time since UNH has played a SOCON team. Id be shocked if Chatty doesn't steamroll that conference next year.

Edit: Just remembered we played Wofford a few years ago, SOCON beat us handily then.

Mattymc727
December 13th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Cool pic from the student section last night: https://twitter.com/UNHStudents/status/543578854535991296/photo/1

lydiabixby
December 13th, 2014, 04:11 PM
First, Stats are for losers!!! Second, the UNH punter had a great game. Third, Great teams (championship teams) find a way to win when they shouldn't.... based on those stats, UNH shouldn't have even been in the game, but they made the plays they needed. Congrats, and go win it all, that'll make my Mocs look even better.

Nice post Milktruck, you are a gentleman and a nice counterpoint to those who are otherwise.

Milktruck74
December 13th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Nice post Milktruck, you are a gentleman and a nice counterpoint to those who are otherwise.

You don't know me well enough to say that!!!! and if you did, you surely wouldn't call me that!!!!

citdog
December 13th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Chatty being Chatty.... again. How often have we seen this same script in the Huessman era? Dominate the game statistically against a good opponent, demonstrate great talent and physicality, yet lose in the most excruciating way possible. You'd think just one time, even if it was blind luck, they'd break through and get the big win but nope... same old same old.

One of these days they are going to break through- although we've been saying that for a few years now- and get the big win that launches them to the top of the division. Also, given how weak the SoCon is as currently constituted, they will get plenty of chances.

Neither of those teams playing last night are championship caliber IMO, but UNH now has a 1 in 4 chance at worst of proving me wrong. Best of luck to them.

That "weak" SoCon that pigs ass did so well in y'alls final season is tougher than that not even the tallest midget league you play in now.

citdog
December 13th, 2014, 10:05 PM
Nice win for the yankees. Good season Mocs .

FUBeAR
December 13th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Nice win for the yankees. Good season Mocs .

Only a mere skirmish, Citdog. The War still goes on!

Ditto's on the Huzzah's for the Mocs this year. Good enough team to have reached the FCS Final Four. They will be back in the playoffs in 2015 along with 2 other SoCon teams as the natural order of the universe is restored.

chattownmocs
December 14th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Only a mere skirmish, Citdog. The War still goes on!

Ditto's on the Huzzah's for the Mocs this year. Good enough team to have reached the FCS Final Four. They will be back in the playoffs in 2015 along with 2 other SoCon teams as the natural order of the universe is restored.

A lot of people were hating on huesman towards the end of the game but I thought he was great. I don't know what hapened on the pick but I think he will be right there with the other great qbs next year.

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2014, 08:34 AM
A lot of people were hating on huesman towards the end of the game but I thought he was great. I don't know what hapened on the pick but I think he will be right there with the other great qbs next year.

First time I saw the kid play but I would take him in a heartbeat....

dwtime
December 14th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Great game action shots over on the UNH football website. Love this one, Harris and a Chatty defender getting way up there.20320

Catsfan90
December 14th, 2014, 08:19 PM
The vertical on the both of them is incredible!