PDA

View Full Version : Ivy Games 11/18

Ivytalk
November 13th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Here are my fearless picks for the last week of the Ivy season. My picks so far make Lee Corso look good:

1. Columbia at Brown: Columbia 16, Brown 14. Why not? Lions finish at 5-5.

2. Penn at Cornell: Penn bounced back last week and will snuff the schizo Big Red, 21-14.

3. Dartmouth at Princeton: Tigers will tie for the Ivy title with a 34-13 win. The Big Green start drinking on Thursday and show up buzzed.

4. Yale at Harvard: Harvard has won 5 in a row in the series, can tie for the Ivy title with a win and a Princeton loss, and will have the home crowd behind them for Clifton Dawson's last game. Result: Yale, 23-17.

bulldog10jw
November 13th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Here are my fearless picks for the last week of the Ivy season. My picks so far make Lee Corso look good:

1. Columbia at Brown: Columbia 16, Brown 14. Why not? Lions finish at 5-5.

2. Penn at Cornell: Penn bounced back last week and will snuff the schizo Big Red, 21-14.

3. Dartmouth at Princeton: Tigers will tie for the Ivy title with a 34-13 win. The Big Green start drinking on Thursday and show up buzzed.

4. Yale at Harvard: Harvard has won 5 in a row in the series, can tie for the Ivy title with a win and a Princeton loss, and will have the home crowd behind them for Clifton Dawson's last game. Result: Yale, 23-17.

Brown by 10- is Columbia even allowed to win more than 1 Ivy game per year?

Penn by 14- getting a head start on next year

Princeton by 3- coming off the emotional high they will struggle but have too much for the Indians(remember the Dartmouth Indians)

Harvard by 3- just cannot see them losing Dawson's last game.

ngineer
November 13th, 2006, 10:29 PM
I'm picking the Crimson by a "YAAAARD". Find it difficult to pick againt Dawson in his last game. However, for Princeton to lose to Dartmouth would require the Tigers to totally implode, which I cannot see.
I hope you guys knock off Yale, I felt we played our worst game of the year against the Eli, and still lost in OT. Beating the Bulldogs will be some salve on the wounds I nursed on the way home from New Haven.;)

blur2005
November 13th, 2006, 11:14 PM
It's around the time of the Haaaavard-Yale game that I wish the Ivies would participate in the playoffs.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 13th, 2006, 11:26 PM
I wish the Ivy sent their league cham to the playoffs the last 4 or so years. I think Penn's teams in '02 and '03 would have done well in the playoffs and i believe Harvard's team in '04 would have made a serious run at 'nooga. Princeton this year could give someone fits this year. Not enough people outside the Northeast realize just how good these teams are. Deffinately playoff worthy. Doesn't Princeton play Hampton or one of the MEAC teams in the next couple of years?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 13th, 2006, 11:32 PM
I beleive Princeton plays Hampton either in '07 or '08.

YaleFootballFan
November 13th, 2006, 11:57 PM
I beleive Princeton plays Hampton either in '07 or '08.

It's in '07 at Princeton Stadium.

The Tigers play a home and home against The Citadel in '08 and '09.

YaleFootballFan
November 14th, 2006, 12:14 AM
My picks for Week 10....

1. Columbia at Brown - Sorry, I'm off the Lion bandwagon for this week. Brown will come out fired up after last week's embarrassing loss at Dartmouth. Bears win, 24-10.

2. Penn at Cornell - It's been a season of tough breaks for the Quakers. However, I think Penn wins this one easily and finishes the year with a winning record. Penn rolls, 30-13.

3. Dartmouth at Princeton - Tigers clinch a share of its 10th Ivy title and beats Dartmouth at home 34-14.

4. Yale at Harvard - I agree that its hard to pick against Dawson in his final game, but this is THE GAME where anything happens. Yale still has last year's triple OT loss still etched in their minds as well as last week's tough loss to Princeton. I think the Elis will use that to their advantage to further motivate themselves. Yale will build an early lead and hold on to beat the Crimson 38-31 to earn a piece of their 14th Ivy title.

Ivytalk
November 14th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Based on the starting times, it looks like Harvard-Yale will be finished by halftime of Dartmouth-Princeton. I guess a Yale win would make the Tigers fight harder to keep a share of the title.

Harvard Worship
November 14th, 2006, 09:06 PM
1. Columbia at Brown: Brown 14, Columbia 7. Columbia came a long way this year. Brown fell a long way. But still...

2. Penn at Cornell: Penn 21, Cornell 17. Cornell has the worst consistency in the league, Penn is a metronome. Both try not to do anything clever.

3. Dartmouth at Princeton: Princeton 24, Dartmouth 0. Why play?

4. Yale at Harvard: Harvard 31, Yale 21. I'm gonna be there & I'd rather see Harvard win, all things being equal?

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2006, 08:46 AM
It's in '07 at Princeton Stadium.

The Tigers play a home and home against The Citadel in '08 and '09.

This is true but I did not see Hampton listed on the future schedules.. did they cancel it or am I seeing things?

Pard4Life
November 15th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Brown by 10- is Columbia even allowed to win more than 1 Ivy game per year?

Penn by 14- getting a head start on next year

Princeton by 3- coming off the emotional high they will struggle but have too much for the Indians(remember the Dartmouth Indians)

Harvard by 3- just cannot see them losing Dawson's last game.

Columbia WON ONE Ivy game.. that is more than their quota.. when was the last time they won a conference game? 2003.. 2002? The Fletcher/Otis/Bowser years?

Harvard-Yale will be another barn burner... a top 5 game this Saturday... up there with Laf-Lehigh, Montana-Montana St.

alumNEC
November 15th, 2006, 09:00 AM
1. Columbia at Brown: Brown 17-13... Although teams are much closer this season, Brown will get it done at home

2. Penn at Cornell: Cornell 27-24... Like Worship said, consistency is a problem with the Big Red, but I feel they'll squeak this one out at home

3. Dartmouth at Princeton: Princeton 31-13... For their share of the Ivy title Princeton will pull out all the stops especially at home

4. Yale at Harvard: Harvard 34-31... I feel this will be an exciting game with Harvard coming out with a narrow victory

I think home-field will play a big part of this week... I have seen as many Ivy games as NEC games this year, most games were great... Yale at Harvard should be an incredible game