PDA

View Full Version : quarterfinal game: UTC @ UNH

Pages : 1 [2]

Daytripper
December 10th, 2014, 03:42 PM
When I was stationed in North Carolina I'd hear that excuse a lot. It always came from the guys with lifted trucks and confederate flags.....but they were referring to something else. Btw, I apologise in advance for our lack of breakfast foods with gravy. As well as heavily sweetened iced tea!

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it...

Catsfan90
December 10th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Don't knock it 'til you've tried it...
Oh, I love it! First meal I had at the chow hall was eggs, with biscuits, and rice, covered in gravy. It was also the first time I'd been scolded because I didn't call the nice young woman ma'am, or miss one single time. I never made that mistake again!

Daytripper
December 10th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Oh, I love it! First meal I had at the chow hall was eggs, with biscuits, and rice, covered in gravy. It was also the first time I'd been scolded because I didn't call the nice young woman ma'am, or miss one single time. I never made that mistake again!

Respect your elders. Say yes ma'am and no ma'am. Hold the door for whoever may be entering behind you. Wave at people you don't know while driving on a country road. The aforementioned food choices (along with chicken fried steak) and the very southern (Texas, specifically) tradition of adding Tito's Vodka to that glass of very sweet iced tea. Ya'll are welcome any time!

Milktruck74
December 10th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Not true. You've got CitDog firmly in your corner. Although he is so delusional that he thinks the civil war never ended.

Shhhhh... he might hear you.

Milktruck74
December 10th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Great moments are born from great oportunity, and thats what you have here tonight boys. That’s what you’ve earned here tonight, ONE GAME. If we played them 10 times they might win 9, but not this game.....NOT TONIGHT!!! Go MOCS!!!!!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 10th, 2014, 04:33 PM
So I will be flying in to Boston on Thursday...but I am tasked with picking up the rest of my party at Logan at 6:13pm on Friday...so basically, you guys are saying were screwed to get to Durham in an 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Mapquest is telling me that with current traffic at 5:15 PM the trip from Logan to Cowell is 1:31 rather than the usual 1:15. Pretty good chance traffic will be worse on a Friday night but maybe lessened by your 6:13 departure. Unfortunately, you're on very old, non Interstate highways coming out of Logan for about 13 miles before reaching I-95. That's where you'll get bogged down the most. Hopefully, your friends are coming out of the terminal to meet your car at 6:13 and not scheduled to arrive at the jetway at that time! Left hand exit off I-95 for US 4/NH 16/Spaulding Turnpike when you get to Portsmouth.

If you're picking up tickets at "Will Call", I'd suggest parking in Lot A. Walk through the parking lot to the tunnel under Main Street. When you climb the stairs at the other end of the tunnel, you should see signs for the will call area (main entrance). If you're sitting on the visitor's side, after getting your tickets I'd go back outside and walk around the right hand side of Field House (as you face it coming out of the tunnel) because you have to go to the other side of the gridiron. If you're sitting in the main grandstand, walk through the hallway taking a 90 degree turn along the way and you'll be at the top of that grandstand.

Good luck with your travels, you don't have much wiggle room.

FUBeAR
December 10th, 2014, 04:34 PM

Rice? Not familiar with rice being included with biscuits & gravy.

You sure that wasn't this version of 'rice' in there? http://gdb.rferl.org/C2F45BD1-8D5B-40FF-BD1E-972FFEEED822_cx0_cy5_cw0_mw1024_mh1024_s.jpg

Catsfan90
December 10th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Rice? Not familiar with rice being included with biscuits & gravy.

You sure that wasn't this version of 'rice' in there? http://gdb.rferl.org/C2F45BD1-8D5B-40FF-BD1E-972FFEEED822_cx0_cy5_cw0_mw1024_mh1024_s.jpg
Looks like a high protein diet right there! And nope, I thought it was really odd to. I'd never had rice for breakfast!

Daytripper
December 10th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Looks like a high protein diet right there! And nope, I thought it was really odd to. I'd never had rice for breakfast!

Maybe it was poorly done grits?

Catsfan90
December 10th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Maybe it was poorly done grits?
Nope definitely rice! I did have grits one time, but they were so badly cooked it was like eating pebbles. I was told to put all sorts of Junk in it to make it taste better. And it just ended up being overly sweetened pebbles. It might also have been a military thing though. They fed us as much carbs as possible whenever they could. I just had assumed it was a southern thing. I may be wrong.

Daytripper
December 10th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Nope defibatelt rice! I did have grits one time, but they were so badly cooked it was like eating pebbles. I was told to put all sorts of Junk in it to make it taste better. And it just ended up being overly sweetened pebbles.

Well, the southern breakfast standard is biscuits and gravy. If you want the deep south, slap yo mama southern breakfast, you must have ground sausage cooked into the gravy.

Damn, this thread is making me hungry.

Catsfan90
December 10th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Well, the southern breakfast standard is biscuits and gravy. If you want the deep south, slap yo mama southern breakfast, you must have ground sausage cooked into the gravy.

Damn, this thread is making me hungry.
Haha, traveling to Houston in a few weeks and my buddy promised me real barbecue/ breakfast. And me too! Let's talk about football before I go eat everything in my kitchen.

UNH72Plus
December 10th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Great little restaurant near Wrightsville Beach (outside of Wilmington, NC) makes great biscuits and gravy, fried eggs, and fried green tomatoes (a cholesterol orgy). My wife, even though she's a northern (we don't use "Yankee" up here because of the hated baseball pretenders in New York) makes a pretty good cheesy grits with shrimp!

Catsfan90
December 10th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Great little restaurant near Wrightsville Beach (outside of Wilmington, NC) makes great biscuits and gravy, fried eggs, and fried green tomatoes (a cholesterol orgy). My wife, even though she's a northern (we don't use "Yankee" up here because of the hated baseball pretenders in New York) makes a pretty good cheesy grits with shrimp!
What was it called? I was stationed in that area for five years. I frequented Carolina, and Wrightsville beach quite often.

UNH72Plus
December 10th, 2014, 06:08 PM
I don't remember the name, but it's on the right just as you cross the bridge to Wrightsville. I think it's off Oleander Drive. It's a white building with a porch across the front, and there's a marina next to it, as I recall.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2014, 06:58 PM
That is South Carolina Blood they do not know it.

citidog, did you know any of these guys?

William Vardaman was born in 1775 on his grandfather's plantation on the Hunting Fork of the Indian Creek, a tributary of the Enoree River, in the dutch Fork are of the old 96 District ,SC. In 1782 this area became part of the Newberry Co. William was the eldest of three sons of James Vardaman, a Revolutionary War Patriot, who was born in Bedford Co. VA, possibly ar ound 1750. James was the 4th son of "old" William Vardaman who has migrated to "up-country" South Carolina in 1766 from his former home in Bedford Co. VA, together with his second wife , Bridgit Tinkler, and their son, James. James would remain in South Carolina for the rest o f his life inherting his fathers lands in 1789

citdog
December 10th, 2014, 07:16 PM
When I was stationed in North Carolina I'd hear that excuse a lot. It always came from the guys with lifted trucks and confederate flags.....but they were referring to something else. Btw, I apologise in advance for our lack of breakfast foods with gravy. As well as heavily sweetened iced tea!

It's not just those fellas , whose people WHIPPED YOURS FOR FOUR YEARS , it's also a lot of gentlemen in suits. "The hatred will never cease even now that there's peace". Have you never read Faulkner? NOT shannon ....

citdog
December 10th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Not true. You've got CitDog firmly in your corner. Although he is so delusional that he thinks the civil war never ended.

Long Game.

Are we more divided now than we ever have been since the glorious year of 1860? But now we have some industry....

Milktruck74
December 10th, 2014, 07:23 PM
It's not just those fellas , whose people WHIPPED YOURS FOR FOUR YEARS , it's also a lot of gentlemen in suits. "The hatred will never cease even now that there's peace". Have you never read Faulkner? NOT shannon ....

and just how long did Shannon last?

Citdog, what year did you graduate?

citdog
December 10th, 2014, 07:26 PM
and just how long did Shannon last?

Citdog, what year did you graduate?

15mins in the barracks and then about 5 more days in the infirmary. Then she was off to the oprah winfrey show.

Milktruck74
December 10th, 2014, 07:35 PM
15mins in the barracks and then about 5 more days in the infirmary. Then she was off to the oprah winfrey show.

I've got a few connections to The Citadel. HS Teammate played there 93-96, cousin graduated from there in the 90s, and My buddy's (who was about disowned for taking a cmsn to the USMMA instead) Aunt actually designed the "Save the Males" sticker. I've got a few connections to VMI too, Tom Haskins was my roommate in prep school and my cousin (other side) is married to the first female grad...Her name isn't Shannon!!!!

citdog
December 10th, 2014, 07:38 PM
I've got a few connections to The Citadel. HS Teammate played there 93-96, cousin graduated from there in the 90s, and My buddy's (who was about disowned for taking a cmsn to the USMMA instead) Aunt actually designed the "Save the Males" sticker. I've got a few connections to VMI too, Tom Haskins was my roommate in prep school and my cousin (other side) is married to the first female grad...Her name isn't Shannon!!!!

Cool. Except for the part about Thomas Haskins. BAD memories that....He was the BEST I ever saw. Including AP.

Milktruck74
December 10th, 2014, 07:43 PM
Haskins looked like Gary Coleman...nothing spectacular, but when he got behind a OL, he could find a hole and find it in a hurry... I remember being hip to hip with a guard and he actually ran between us. The guy would wiggle his way right into an 8 yard pick up...and I never saw him actually take a squared up shot. He was just shifty.

citdog
December 10th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Haskins looked like Gary Coleman...nothing spectacular, but when he got behind a OL, he could find a hole and find it in a hurry... I remember being hip to hip with a guard and he actually ran between us. The guy would wiggle his way right into an 8 yard pick up...and I never saw him actually take a squared up shot. He was just shifty.

Closest thing to Barry Sanders the SoCon has seen.

caribbeanhen
December 10th, 2014, 09:05 PM
is Chatty ready for RJ Harris - that's a talented receiver right there

UNH and it might get ugly

FUBeAR
December 10th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Nope definitely rice! I did have grits one time, but they were so badly cooked it was like eating pebbles. I was told to put all sorts of Junk in it to make it taste better. And it just ended up being overly sweetened pebbles. It might also have been a military thing though. They fed us as much carbs as possible whenever they could. I just had assumed it was a southern thing. I may be wrong.

"Overly sweetened" - for the love of Dixie, you don't put sugar on grits! That's worse than going to Philly and getting a cheesesteak from Subway (no offense Chattown)! Either some of our Southern brethren were shinin' you or you were being tour-guided by a fellow carpetbagger. You put salt, pepper, and butter on grits...lots of butter. Or you get 'em with Country Ham and moisten 'em up with some of that red-eye gravy that comes with the ham. Red-eye gravy is thinner than the sausage gravy you probably had and that has been talked about here, but it's POWERFUL stuff...so salty it'll turn your eyes red (hence the name)..and delicious...just like grits. Y'all need some away games down this way and proper culinary guidance. Sounds like you didn't get that at FayetteNam, Cherry Point, Lejeune, Seymour Johnson, or wherever you were stationed.

Sycamore62
December 10th, 2014, 10:30 PM

EAGLE RIVER?!?!?!

(please somebody get that)

longtimemocfan
December 10th, 2014, 10:31 PM

Titus Davis of Central Michigan was pretty good. All MAC...but I here Harris is rediculous.

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2014, 12:03 AM
Big plays hype Chattanooga Mocs offense
It's the equivalent of a knockdown punch in a prize fight. A big play by the offense can create an electric charge throughout the entire team and leave the opponent reeling. In the second season under offensive coordinator Jeff Durden, the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga offense has continued to gain confidence and momentum each week with more quick strikes.

After having just two plays of 20-plus yards through their first two games, the Mocs have struck for 34 big plays in their last six games, including seven in last week's playoff win. Going on the road for Friday night's playoff quarterfinal the Mocs know they'll need to continue collecting yards in big chunks if they are to knock off top seed New Hampshire.

"It's huge for momentum," said UTC quarterback Jacob Huesman, who has accounted for 34 plays, either rushing or passing, of 20-plus yards. "A long 10-12 play drive will get the job done, but not the same with the momentum swings. If you throw a 50-yard pass the crowd's gonna get hyped, then the kickoff team gets hyped and the defense gets hyped and the other team is back on their heels. It all carries over. Any touchdown we score is big, but there's just a lot more excitement for our whole side when we hit a big play.

More: http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/sports/college/story/2014/dec/11/big-plays-hype-mocs-offense/277578/

Milktruck74
December 11th, 2014, 06:06 AM
EAGLE RIVER?!?!?!

(please somebody get that)

Nope, Got nothing.

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Nope, Got nothing.

from "hot shots".

swing and a miss

Catsfan90
December 11th, 2014, 08:29 AM
"UTC IN DECEMBER
The Mocs are 4-3 all-time in the month of December, including last week’s 35-14 win over Indiana State. Prior to that, the last time UTC played in December was a 39-0 loss to Alabama in a postseason charity game on Dec. 5, 1931."

Thats a really interesting tidbit from the UTC game notes. Its a real testament to where this team is headed, from where it was. I am glad that we have the opportunity to play eachother.

Catsfan90
December 11th, 2014, 08:33 AM
"Overly sweetened" - for the love of Dixie, you don't put sugar on grits! That's worse than going to Philly and getting a cheesesteak from Subway (no offense Chattown)! Either some of our Southern brethren were shinin' you or you were being tour-guided by a fellow carpetbagger. You put salt, pepper, and butter on grits...lots of butter. Or you get 'em with Country Ham and moisten 'em up with some of that red-eye gravy that comes with the ham. Red-eye gravy is thinner than the sausage gravy you probably had and that has been talked about here, but it's POWERFUL stuff...so salty it'll turn your eyes red (hence the name)..and delicious...just like grits. Y'all need some away games down this way and proper culinary guidance. Sounds like you didn't get that at FayetteNam, Cherry Point, Lejeune, Seymour Johnson, or wherever you were stationed.

It was Lejeune, and I was definately led astray! I was told to put butter, jam, and all sorts of other crap in it! If we ever play down at Mercer, I'll make sure to come find your tailgate.

MV_Moc
December 11th, 2014, 08:39 AM
That's right we only spotted you 27......

UGHH! I was at that game. I could not believe what I was seeing!

chattownmocs
December 11th, 2014, 09:33 AM
This is that game where chattanooga goes from being a punchline to one of 2 or 3 most feared fcs programs in America.

Mattymc727
December 11th, 2014, 10:18 AM
For any Chattanooga fans that are wondering why UNH carries out the state flag, it has been to battle, heres a cool story on it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMGTWTVuFWA

BNATION
December 11th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Upset Loooooooming......

youngMOCSfan1886
December 11th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Win or lose the Mocs are flying back to Chattanooga immediately after the game so that the 6 players graduating can attend the graduation ceremony on Saturday. Crazy but I applaud whoever made that decision, putting the student in student-athlete first.

KPSUL
December 11th, 2014, 10:40 AM
This is that game where chattanooga goes from being a punchline to one of 2 or 3 most feared fcs programs in America.
No one thinks Chattanooga is a joke; particularly not in Durham, NH. Don't confuse the MVFC boys baiting you on AGS with a lack of respect for your football team.
Like almost every other UNH fan posting here, I know Chattanooga has a well balanced offense and a quick, agile, opportunistic defense. I expect it to be a close game. In fact after watching more film this week, I think Chattanooga plays a lot like UNH in many ways. There will be three of the best QBs in FCS on the field Friday, and you could make a case for Huesman being the best. However, we have two; I nice position to be considering the life expectancy of a dual threat QB. UNH's receiver corps is clearly better and the running backs are pretty close, maybe a slight edge to your guys with Jimmy Owens out. Both OL get the job done. The defenses are a virtual match. Both teams will show up to play. Both coaches are masters of overstating the strengths of their opponents and keeping their players focused on the game plan. I think that UNH's maturity and home field advantage will be enough of an edge to get the win, but in now way am I counting Chattanooga out.

youngMOCSfan1886
December 11th, 2014, 10:41 AM
UTC fans in Chattanooga, is anybody going to the watch party at Jeffersons on Georgia Avenue near campus? I went in the summer when Jeffersons did a watch party for the USA World Cup games and it was a great time.

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2014, 11:32 AM
The only reason Chattanooga is ever a punchline on here is usually because of some over the top statement Chattown has made. :)

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Web surfing from 30,000 feet...really cool to see a bunch of people wearing Chattanooga gear on the flight...also cool to see Paul Shaheen from our NBC affiliate on the flight.

KPSUL
December 11th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Upset Loooooooming......

I wouldn't consider a Villanova win over SHSU a true upset.

Mattymc727
December 11th, 2014, 12:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqk_EnPUmv4&list=UUxhP-8XqDHP02oTXUWDDKWg

Catsfan90
December 11th, 2014, 02:34 PM
New Hampshire beat Dartmouth 52 - 19
Dartmouth beat Yale 38 - 31
Yale beat Army 49 - 43
Army beat Ball St 33 - 24
Ball St beat C Michigan 32 - 29
C Michigan beat Chattanooga 20 - 16

Therefore, New Hampshire is better than Chattanooga in 2014
as shown in 6 rounds by a combined score of 224 - 162.

Undisputable.

Daytripper
December 11th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Yale beat Army 49 - 43

Undisputable.

And I saw Kevin Bacon at every game!

youngMOCSfan1886
December 11th, 2014, 02:48 PM
UNH lost to Toledo 54-20
Toledo lost to Central Michigan 42-28
Central Michigan beat UTC 20-16

so UTC's 4 point loss looks great considering UNH would lose to Central Michigan by 48

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Yale beat Army 49 - 43
Chattanooga beat ISUb 35-14
ISUb beat Ball St 27-20
Ball St beat C Michigan 32-29
C Michigan beat Chattanooga 20-16
Chattanooga beat ISUb beat Ball St beat CMU beat Chattanooga beat..............

Undisputable.

I dont think science can explain this.....

up next Global Warming and Evolution

MV_Moc
December 11th, 2014, 03:00 PM
UNH lost to Toledo 54-20
Toledo lost to Central Michigan 42-28
Central Michigan beat UTC 20-16

so UTC's 4 point loss looks great considering UNH would lose to Central Michigan by 48

Unfortunately, that score was the other way around. But those kinds of comparisons are absolutely worthless anyway.

Catsfan90
December 11th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Unfortunately, that score was the other way around. But those kinds of comparisons are absolutely worthless anyway.
Someone found this website a while back that does these and I just remembered it. This thread seemed like it needed a good laugh! Absolutely worthless, but still funny as heck to look at.

Mattymc727
December 11th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Interesting note: Because of the nor'easter, UNH has been practicing in a gym all week. Whether you think thats an advantage one way or another Ill leave up to you. Personally, I dont like it at all.

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2014, 03:17 PM
Ill raise you

Chatty beat ISUb beat UNI beat NDSU beat Iowa St beat Iowa beat Illinois beat Minnesota beat Nebraska beat Miami beat Virginia Tech beat Ohio State SO

Chatty should have beat ISUb out for the last spot in the final four tournament.

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Interesting note: Because of the nor'easter, UNH has been practicing in a gym all week. Whether you think thats an advantage one way or another Ill leave up to you. Personally, I dont like it at all.

that would make me a tad uneasy.....by the way, Delaware fans have adopted UNH as the defacto Delaware as we are sitting home for the 4th year in a row

MV_Moc
December 11th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Ill raise you

Chatty beat ISUb beat UNI beat NDSU beat Iowa St beat Iowa beat Illinois beat Minnesota beat Nebraska beat Miami beat Virginia Tech beat Ohio State SO

Chatty should have beat ISUb out for the last spot in the final four tournament.

Now that just made me LOL!!! xlolx

youngMOCSfan1886
December 11th, 2014, 03:43 PM

Whoops, dang dyslexia

youngMOCSfan1886
December 11th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Mocs have landed in Durham! Sounds like they won't be doing any walk through till they get to the stadium tomorrow afternoon. They practiced outside at night all week to try to get acclimated, but I wish they were doing some kind of outdoor practice tonight so they are better prepared.

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2014, 04:36 PM
Weather should be a non-issue for the Mocs. I have been on the ground in Boston since 1pm...it's spitting snow and a bit windy, but not nearly as bad was it was at Western Carolina...the weather obviously didn't bother the Mocs that day.

Excited to head up to Durham tomorrow!

Daytripper
December 11th, 2014, 04:40 PM
that would make me a tad uneasy.....by the way, Delaware fans have adopted UNH as the defacto Delaware as we are sitting home for the 4th year in a row

I think Delaware fans have adopted SHSU. Combined SHSU/Delaware/Friends-and-family-of-KC attendance will outdraw the home Villanova fans.

UNH72Plus
December 11th, 2014, 05:37 PM
For those of you who haven't heard, Boulder Field, our usual tailgating location has been closed because of all the rain the past few days. Everyone is being directed to Lot A which is across the Main Street from the field house and the stadium. Lot A is usually an alcohol-free tailgating location, but for this week, alcohol will be allowed. Plan on getting there a little early because the Lot may fill up, and I suspect that traffic will get pretty backed up because there is limited access. If you're coming from the east down Main Street you'll cross over the railroad tracks just after the hockey rink (on your right) and the entrance to lot A is down the hill to your right. If you're coming from the west, there's a little roundabout just before you get to the tennis courts and they'll direct you to the left to get to Lot A. Good luck!!

chattanoogamocs
December 11th, 2014, 06:39 PM
Not sure I will get to post again before the game...we have a full schedule of activities tomorrow, most of which involve the ingestion of magical mix of water, wheat, barely and hops.

I just wanted to say two things...

1) It has been been a treat to converse with the UNH fans this week. We had a little bit of good-natured ribbing, but I feel overall there is mutual respect...and it was always cool to get to a group of fans that would not normally, due to geography, talk to.

2) I also wanted to thank all the SoCon brethren for coming over to this thread during the week and backing the Mocs.

I think this is going to be a great game tomorrow night! Go Mocs!

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2014, 07:42 PM
I think Delaware fans have adopted SHSU. Combined SHSU/Delaware/Friends-and-family-of-KC attendance will outdraw the home Villanova fans.

true, Sammy and UNH are all we got right now, Delaware fans are no fans of Nova now.....

Catsfan90
December 11th, 2014, 08:00 PM
A moment ago I bought a drink from a vending machine. The change it gave me consisted of two quarters. Were they ordinary quarters? No one was New Hampshire, and one Tennessee. Coincidence? I believe not.

FUBeAR
December 11th, 2014, 08:17 PM
I have been on the ground in Boston since 1pm...it's spitting snow and a bit windy, but not nearly as bad was it was at Western Carolina

Cullowhee is in a "thermal valley." I've been fishing without waders in the Tuck, with the plott balsams topped with deep snow.

What? Bad weather in Cullowhee? The Devil you say! There must have been some type of glitch in the "thermal valley" that day. I blame Al Gore.

Old Cat Fan
December 11th, 2014, 09:06 PM
For those of you who haven't heard, Boulder Field, our usual tailgating location has been closed because of all the rain the past few days. Everyone is being directed to Lot A which is across the Main Street from the field house and the stadium. Lot A is usually an alcohol-free tailgating location, but for this week, alcohol will be allowed. Plan on getting there a little early because the Lot may fill up, and I suspect that traffic will get pretty backed up because there is limited access. If you're coming from the east down Main Street you'll cross over the railroad tracks just after the hockey rink (on your right) and the entrance to lot A is down the hill to your right. If you're coming from the west, there's a little roundabout just before you get to the tennis courts and they'll direct you to the left to get to Lot A. Good luck!!

Wow are you serious? That will be a major pain in the ass, lot A is usually full and boulder field is always packed where the heck are they going to park everyone

Old Cat Fan
December 11th, 2014, 09:15 PM
No one thinks Chattanooga is a joke; particularly not in Durham, NH. Don't confuse the MVFC boys baiting you on AGS with a lack of respect for your football team.
Like almost every other UNH fan posting here, I know Chattanooga has a well balanced offense and a quick, agile, opportunistic defense. I expect it to be a close game. In fact after watching more film this week, I think Chattanooga plays a lot like UNH in many ways. There will be three of the best QBs in FCS on the field Friday, and you could make a case for Huesman being the best. However, we have two; I nice position to be considering the life expectancy of a dual threat QB. UNH's receiver corps is clearly better and the running backs are pretty close, maybe a slight edge to your guys with Jimmy Owens out. Both OL get the job done. The defenses are a virtual match. Both teams will show up to play. Both coaches are masters of overstating the strengths of their opponents and keeping their players focused on the game plan. I think that UNH's maturity and home field advantage will be enough of an edge to get the win, but in now way am I counting Chattanooga out.

I will always have respect for any southern school. back in the day before the net information on unfamiliar teams was hard to come buy, Samford, App st, Gardner Webb D2 at the time all came to Durham and I didnt give any of them respect and all three went home with victories,

FUBeAR
December 12th, 2014, 06:29 AM
Chatt fans - Did you see what Craig Haley from TSN did to you with his prediction for tonight?

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_12_11_2014.htm

Gotta admire his macabre sense of humor and knowledge of history though.

Mattymc727
December 12th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Not sure I will get to post again before the game...we have a full schedule of activities tomorrow, most of which involve the ingestion of magical mix of water, wheat, barely and hops.

I just wanted to say two things...

1) It has been been a treat to converse with the UNH fans this week. We had a little bit of good-natured ribbing, but I feel overall there is mutual respect...and it was always cool to get to a group of fans that would not normally, due to geography, talk to.

2) I also wanted to thank all the SoCon brethren for coming over to this thread during the week and backing the Mocs.

I think this is going to be a great game tomorrow night! Go Mocs!

Agreed! The best part of the playoffs is getting these matchups that never happen. UNH has been lucky enough to have traveled to some of the best places the FCS has to offer, and every time its fun to chat with other teams fans. Thats why this board is awesome!

Leaving for Durham this afternoon. Sitting in Section D. Go cats!

UNHFan
December 12th, 2014, 11:03 AM
I think this game is simple... Was last weeks performances just a UNH team coming off a bye week performance? Or is that UNH at its best.. if its the latter? We are doomed!!!

longtimemocfan
December 12th, 2014, 11:08 AM
I like the sport network comparison on the 2 teams. I go along with him saying the cats have the better offense and the mocs having the better defense, but the final score 28-27 is just wrong. Not that he's giving New Hampshire the edge at home, but just the score 28-27. Moc fans know to well the irony behind the 28-27 defeats.

Sycamore62
December 12th, 2014, 11:35 AM
If I were a Chatty fan, the one thing that would concern me was the number of receivers they let get behind them last week. Other than that they played pretty good. I dont know if that is something UNH can exploit since Ive never seen them play.

BisonBohl
December 12th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Gameday! Good Luck to both teams, hoping for a close and exciting game to watch tonight!

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 12th, 2014, 12:54 PM
I like the sport network comparison on the 2 teams. I go along with him saying the cats have the better offense and the mocs having the better defense, but the final score 28-27 is just wrong. Not that he's giving New Hampshire the edge at home, but just the score 28-27. Moc fans know to well the irony behind the 28-27 defeats.

Yeah, but UNH isn't an option team, so that doesn't apply. xnodx

UCMoc
December 12th, 2014, 01:02 PM
If I were a Chatty fan, the one thing that would concern me was the number of receivers they let get behind them last week. Other than that they played pretty good. I dont know if that is something UNH can exploit since Ive never seen them play.

I couldn't agree more. I am hoping that between all the times it clearly could have gone against us last week, and the fact the UNH has one of the best receivers in the country, that they will not let the receivers get behind them again this week.

longtimemocfan
December 12th, 2014, 01:16 PM

Ha ha good point.. I think GSU was ranked #1 at the time, Wofford #4 and The Citadel was unranked.

UCMoc
December 12th, 2014, 01:29 PM

Regardless, seeing that score makes me physically ill.

Old Cat Fan
December 12th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Any word on power back Jimmy Owens status?

dwtime
December 12th, 2014, 01:56 PM
Any word on power back Jimmy Owens status?

Torn ACL, he is done and will have surgery.

NHwildEcat
December 12th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Out of the office at the top of the hour and out to meet a buddy before getting over to A lot.

Sitting in Sec. C!

GO CATS!

UNH Fanboi
December 12th, 2014, 02:17 PM
Regardless, seeing that score makes me physically ill.

Dont worry, there is no way that UNH would ever make 4 extra points. If someone loses 28-27, it will be UNH.

Nova09
December 12th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Dont worry, there is no way that UNH would ever make 4 extra points. If someone loses 28-27, it will be UNH.

So if we get to meet each other in Frisco for the CAA Championship, with our combined 16 missed XPs and 10/21 FG rate can we just agree to play the game entirely by 3rd OT rules but with a game clock? You would have to give up your superior punter, but it also removes Poppy punt returns, so I'd say it's a wash.

hebmskebm
December 12th, 2014, 02:42 PM
What kind of crowd are they expecting up in Durham? Was there any push by the school to pack the stands for the national TV broadcast?

F'N Hawks
December 12th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Is it going to be a snow game?

youngMOCSfan1886
December 12th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Just over 4 hours till kickoff! At first I wasn't crazy about this game being on Friday, but now that it is hear I am pumped that I don't have to wait an extra day for the game. Go Mocs!

Milktruck74
December 12th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Chatt fans - Did you see what Craig Haley from TSN did to you with his prediction for tonight?

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/writers/infcshuddle/archive/haley_12_11_2014.htm

Gotta admire his macabre sense of humor and knowledge of history though.

I just threw up a little in my mouth!!!

Gonna have to wash it out with a Sierra Nevada Torpedo or 4....GAME DAY!!!! It is 35 degrees Here in NE TN, so I'm going to open all my windows, Turn on my Bose sound, sit on a bench made of 2 cinder blocks and a 2x10....and just to really feel like I'm at the game, I might even urinate in my sink!!!!! OK, maybe I'll forego the sink, but I will make everyone in the house stand in front of me before I get to take a leak!!! I just couldn't work out the trip this time, I can go next week, so to quote Uncle Al..... JUST WIN BABY!!!!

UNH Fanboi
December 12th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Is it going to be a snow game?

No. About 30 degrees and dry at kickoff.

Sycamore62
December 12th, 2014, 02:59 PM
I just threw up a little in my mouth!!!

Gonna have to wash it out with a Sierra Nevada Torpedo or 4....GAME DAY!!!! It is 35 degrees Here in NE TN, so I'm going to open all my windows, Turn on my Bose sound, sit on a bench made of 2 cinder blocks and a 2x10....and just to really feel like I'm at the game, I might even urinate in my sink!!!!! OK, maybe I'll forego the sink, but I will make everyone in the house stand in front of me before I get to take a leak!!! I just couldn't work out the trip this time, I can go next week, so to quote Uncle Al..... JUST WIN BABY!!!!

Drive around the WalMart parking lot for 20min after the game trying to "get out"

Nova09
December 12th, 2014, 03:33 PM
May have been discussed already, but does anyone know if the winner of this game is guaranteed the Friday game next week? i.e. is it set for that side of the bracket? Or does it depend what teams are playing/facilities/whatever ESPN wants?

Mattymc727
December 12th, 2014, 03:45 PM
No idea what the crowd will be like. It wasn't goo last Saturday, and UNH hockey plays rival Maine in the Verizon Wireless Arena at the exact same time. However there seems to be a lot more buzz this week.

And with that, Im off to Durham, lets make this a great night boys!!! WOOOOOOO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjW9UXoKU2s

youngMOCSfan1886
December 12th, 2014, 03:55 PM
May have been discussed already, but does anyone know if the winner of this game is guaranteed the Friday game next week? i.e. is it set for that side of the bracket? Or does it depend what teams are playing/facilities/whatever ESPN wants?

Was thinking about this earlier as well. IF it is UNH-EWU in the semi game I can't imagine it won't be the Friday night prime time game on either ESPN2 or ESPNnews. You will have the #1 seed against #4/Vernon Adams. With that said, I'm hoping at least one of those teams (I'll let you guess which one) won't make it to the semis.

BisonBohl
December 12th, 2014, 04:04 PM
If NDSU wins, I am fairly confident that will be the game next Friday.

Milktruck74
December 12th, 2014, 04:16 PM
As much as I want to see a BLOWOUT win by my Mocs, a tightly contested and exciting game is what we need to continue to propel the FCS brand. Being the only option on TV our BCS Brothers will be watching, so lets hope for a game that gets them to take notice, maybe even purchase a ticket to a nearby game next season....I wonder if Kirk Herbstreit will be watching?

Bison56
December 12th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Stuck at work tonight hope someone keeps the game updated. Please :)

Nova09
December 12th, 2014, 04:32 PM
If NDSU wins, I am fairly confident that will be the game next Friday.

If EWU wins, they should be in the Saturday game because someone would have a cross country trip, but that didn't stop the NCAA in 2010...

BisonBohl
December 12th, 2014, 04:36 PM
If EWU wins, they should be in the Saturday game because someone would have a cross country trip, but that didn't stop the NCAA in 2010...

Isnt more EPSN call then the NCAA? I am just going off what happened last year. I think espn would want the Friday night game in Fargo next week. I perfer the Sat games but think it will be friday night if we win.

Agree on your EWU point.

NDSUSR
December 12th, 2014, 05:45 PM
What? No "Official? game thread?

Bison56
December 12th, 2014, 05:52 PM
What? No "Official? game thread?
Everyone must be at the game.:p

Bisonator
December 12th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Pre-empted by ****ing high school basketball???? WTF!!!!xrolleyesx

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2014, 10:13 PM

nope they were not

melloware13
December 12th, 2014, 10:17 PM

The difference between this year and then was that having the game at EWU on the Saturday would have been a 9AM local kick, and the other game was in Eastern T.Z., so the hand was forced. I think they don't want games starting before 11AM local if at all possible

chattownmocs
December 12th, 2014, 10:26 PM
Congrats to UNH. They had more resolve. I think things went the way we wanted in a lot of areas but we got owned on special teams and just plain didn't get it done on D.

KPSUL
December 12th, 2014, 10:35 PM
Congrats to UNH. They had more resolve. I think things went the way we wanted in a lot of areas but we got owned on special teams and just plain didn't get it done on D.

RJ had a good 2nd half, but I think UNH punter Brad Prasky was our MVP. Your right, the only edge we had on you guys was special teams. Punting and kick-off returns.