PDA

View Full Version : Quarterfinals: Coastal Carolina at North Dakota State

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

rokamortis
December 16th, 2014, 03:57 AM
That actually looks pretty plausible. Also, what guarantees that this photo is from that play? You can't even see a football...

I'm over the talk about the bad call, it is over and not the reason we lost. Something we should have overcome.

I think it is funny how you guys try to come up with an excuse for everything. Just so you can feel a bit better - here is a picture that shows more of the play. You can see your DB is pushing the WR out of bounds - so even though you can't see the ball this corresponds with the video of the play.

http://i.imgur.com/TRAIuHh.jpg

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2014, 04:03 AM
I'm over the talk about the bad call, it is over and not the reason we lost. Something we should have overcome.

I think it is funny how you guys try to come up with an excuse for everything. Just so you can feel a bit better - here is a picture that shows more of the play. You can see your DB is pushing the WR out of bounds - so even though you can't see the ball this corresponds with the video of the play.

http://i.imgur.com/TRAIuHh.jpg

Remember how you called me out for not being over this, and you were moving on? Yeah looks like you did. Just deal with it. We got hosed by the CAA refs a week earlier and the Big Sky refs made some questionable calls against us as well and they make one call that was questionable and the entire anti-bison AGS members flocked to attack mode. It's over and done. Everyone can point to oh if this had gone this way or that way we would have won. I could whine about the EWU call, but I moved on.

rokamortis
December 16th, 2014, 04:13 AM
Remember how you called me out for not being over this, and you were moving on? Yeah looks like you did. Just deal with it. We got hosed by the CAA refs a week earlier and the Big Sky refs made some questionable calls against us as well and they make one call that was questionable and the entire anti-bison AGS members flocked to attack mode. It's over and done. Everyone can point to oh if this had gone this way or that way we would have won. I could whine about the EWU call, but I moved on.

I'm not complaining about the call. I'm actually just talking about the reaction of some of the Bison to the pictures and provided a better shot for those that think everything is a conspiracy. As I mentioned in the post you quoted me, I'm over the call - but if it is a point of discussion I'll still talk about it.

I've copied the relevant part from my earlier post since you missed it: "I'm over the talk about the bad call, it is over and not the reason we lost. Something we should have overcome."

Also, since you brought it up - which questionable calls did they make against NDSU? You may have had some bad calls but I've heard from others that thought we had the uphill battle. Here is some random guy in MS on twitter about the game "Sn: I watched Coastal Carolina get choked out by the refs against SDSU yesterday in the fcs playoffs. That was hard to watch" - too bad he got your school initials wrong. Just brought it up since you said you guys were jobbed with bad calls as well.

TheKingpin28
December 16th, 2014, 04:55 AM
The refs were bad for both sides. I decided to rewatch the game yesterday to make sure CCU didn't get the short stick and tbh besides that 1 questionable call, it was bad officiating all around and yes NDSU did get screwed on some no call block in the backs and holds and vice versa for CCU.

You realize I could go on Twitter and find someone who posted something similar except with the perspective the NDSU for "choked out". It's unfortunate that sometimes refs don't call the game us fans want, but we have to accept it and hope they don't ever get the opportunity to ref again regardless of whether or not they helped or hurt us.

mgbison
December 16th, 2014, 08:23 AM
I think the heel was OB, but I don't think it should,ve been overturned due to the call as a catch. That picture shows me nothing, because the toe hit the ground before the heel and his momentum is taking him OB. The picture validates nothing.

Also, if CCU wants to win a quarterfinal playoff game, it helps to gain more than 11 yards in the 4th quarter. It took our d longer than usual to adjust, but in the fourth quarter your offense was going backwards, not forwards.

Also, if CCU fans want to bitch about refs, fine. However, NDSU has had their share of terrible calls go against them over the years. Good teams overcome the refs (especially a call in the first half).

Anyway, good luck next year.

rokamortis
December 16th, 2014, 08:57 AM
I think the heel was OB, but I don't think it should,ve been overturned due to the call as a catch. That picture shows me nothing, because the toe hit the ground before the heel and his momentum is taking him OB. The picture validates nothing.

Also, if CCU wants to win a quarterfinal playoff game, it helps to gain more than 11 yards in the 4th quarter. It took our d longer than usual to adjust, but in the fourth quarter your offense was going backwards, not forwards.

Also, if CCU fans want to bitch about refs, fine. However, NDSU has had their share of terrible calls go against them over the years. Good teams overcome the refs (especially a call in the first half).

I think the bitching stopped shorty after the game stopped. I don't think anyone is blaming the refs for the loss.

We can have discussion of controversial subjects and it not be bitching. Hell, on bisonville they are analyzing a few different plays of missed / bad calls by the refs in favor of the Bison. So it is just talk. Some of you guys are a little oversensitive.

MarkCCU
December 16th, 2014, 11:07 AM
How do you know that isn't after his heel was out of bounds and he's trying to keep his balance by lifting his left leg as he's landing on his right?

He was never out of bounds so....I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkCCU
December 16th, 2014, 11:08 AM

CCU fans aren't bitching anymore than other fans. It was a collection of penalties and bad coaching calls (IMO) that helped us lose. It was still a great, competitive game. It was our best game all season.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Get over it. It's absurd that this thread is higher than the Semifinal one.

Mattymc727
December 16th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Are you guys trying to beat the Lafayette-New Hampshire thread?

FargoBison
December 16th, 2014, 12:30 PM
I think the call was bad only because I didn't see enough evidence to overturn it. If it had been called an incomplete pass on the field I don't think anyone would have an issue sticking with that call. That said I wasn't the guy sitting in the replay booth watching all the replays, maybe they saw something we all didn't that made it seem more conclusive.

As for all these other calls that went against CCU...I have no idea what they were. I can't remember any other controversial calls. So the one call that did go against them was a 13 yard completion for a first down at mid-field...we are not exactly talking about an overturned TD with seconds left in the game. In the end, CCU had a chance to win the game. Heck they had multiple chances and didn't get it done.

Bisonator
December 16th, 2014, 12:37 PM
I think the call was bad only because I didn't see enough evidence to overturn it. If it had been called an incomplete pass on the field I don't think anyone would have an issue sticking with that call. That said I wasn't the guy sitting in the replay booth watching all the replays, maybe they saw something we all didn't that made it seem more conclusive.

As for all these other calls that went against CCU...I have no idea what they were. I can't remember any other controversial calls. So the one call that did go against them was a 13 yard completion for a first down at mid-field...we are not exactly talking about an overturned TD with seconds left in the game. In the end, CCU had a chance to win the game. Heck they had multiple chances and didn't get it done.

Exactly.

It's not like it was a blatantly wrong fumble call in overtime.....

rokamortis
December 16th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Get over it. It's absurd that this thread is higher than the Semifinal one.

Get over what?

tnbison
December 16th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Exactly.

It's not like it was a blatantly wrong fumble call in overtime.....
I see what you did there

MarkCCU
December 16th, 2014, 06:41 PM

Exactly. We made errors. But it's fine. It's only a game and we kicked ass, considering who our opponent was.

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2014, 11:15 PM
Exactly. We made errors. But it's fine. It's only a game and we kicked ass, considering who our opponent was.

You guys have an excellent football team. Great game to watch! This is what playoff football is supposed to look like.

NDSUSR
December 16th, 2014, 11:27 PM
Get over what?

Your period? Change the ****in record. Waaa waaa waa.

rokamortis
December 17th, 2014, 03:28 AM
Your period? Change the ****in record. Waaa waaa waa.

Some of us adults can talk about controversial topics without complaining / whining. Others act like you do. Grow up.

bodoyle
December 17th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Moglia just said that Ross played the game with a separated right shoulder. Having surgery tomorrow.

deez_na
December 17th, 2014, 07:44 AM
I see what you did there

haha, i was thinking the exact same thing

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2014, 07:41 AM
enjoyed the ball game, Bizun have an easy road to #4 now that Coastal is out of the way, that was the best team left in this thing...... Congrats to the bizun players for staying tough when they were being physically whipped. A few fans need to take some FCS lessons

take note NW

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2014, 08:02 AM
take note NW

Don't strain your shoulder patting yourself on the back xlolx

IBleedYellow
December 20th, 2014, 08:16 AM
But NDSU's toughest game was against SDSU...?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Don't strain your shoulder patting yourself on the back xlolx

He'd hurt himself trying to put his work boots on.....oh wait....work?

xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

But NDSU's toughest game was against SDSU...?

This here.

SDSU was the best team of the 3 the Bison faced.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2014, 06:42 PM
carib never worked huh. id post my work history but i dont want to type all that for nothing

Green1
December 20th, 2014, 06:45 PM
carib never worked huh. id post my work history but i dont want to type all that for nothing

Speaking of your self in the third person is never a good sign! :D

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2014, 06:54 PM
Caribbean ain't me so I think I'm okay

stevdock
December 20th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Moglia just said that Ross played the game with a separated right shoulder. Having surgery tomorrow.

I heard that and it happened on like the first drive of the game or something like that. Shows how tough that kid is. I'd be happy for him to come play for us any time.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2014, 07:30 PM
I heard that and it happened on like the first drive of the game or something like that. Shows how tough that kid is. I'd be happy for him to come play for us any time.

yes he was impressive just dont tell me it was histhrowing shoulder but definitely want to watch for next year

stevdock
December 20th, 2014, 09:05 PM
yes he was impressive just dont tell me it was histhrowing shoulder but definitely want to watch for next year

According to this article it was his throwing shoulder. http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/12/17/4675631_coastal-carolinas-ross-to-have.html?rh=1

Love the toughness and what he was willing to go through for his team and school.