PDA

View Full Version : Quarterfinals: Coastal Carolina at North Dakota State

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

TennBison
December 12th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Oh boy! The Coastal Coaches aren't planning on double-teaming Kyle Emmanuel!!

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/12/11/4664357_ndsus-emanuel-and-ccus-hamilton.html?sp=/99/167/&rh=1
I love in the article how it states "The Chants believe they are a much improved team this time, though, and far more ready for the environment and challenge that awaits inside the Fargodome.". However, last year during the post game presser their players and coach acted like the Fargodome was nothing of an influence , NDSU was lucky to get some big plays, and that they (CCU) didn't play as well as they should. Even though I am pretty sure they were a pissed off group on the flight home thinking/knowing they got curb stomped. No one on their message board (for the most part) will guarantee a win, at best they say they think they can win. I am going to go with NDSU by 2-3 scores and CCU is going to get manhandled all over the field.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/12/11/4664357_ndsus-emanuel-and-ccus-hamilton.html?sp=/99/167/&rh=1#storylink=cpy

Hammerhead
December 12th, 2014, 04:27 PM
In case anyone forgot, NDSU had 31 points on the board before CC scored near the end of the first half. It's kind of hard to be loud and crazy in the stands with a lopsided score.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 12th, 2014, 04:37 PM
In case anyone forgot, NDSU had 31 points on the board before CC scored near the end of the first half. It's kind of hard to be loud and crazy in the stands with a lopsided score.

Good point!

Right away the crowds are loud but when games are in the bag the crowds are quiet. In last year's game is was fairly quiet at times in the 2nd half.....wonder why?.....xpeacex

350+ yards rushing tomorrow!!

rokamortis
December 12th, 2014, 04:39 PM
I love in the article how it states "The Chants believe they are a much improved team this time, though, and far more ready for the environment and challenge that awaits inside the Fargodome.". However, last year during the post game presser their players and coach acted like the Fargodome was nothing of an influence , NDSU was lucky to get some big plays, and that they (CCU) didn't play as well as they should. Even though I am pretty sure they were a pissed off group on the flight home thinking/knowing they got curb stomped. No one on their message board (for the most part) will guarantee a win, at best they say they think they can win. I am going to go with NDSU by 2-3 scores and CCU is going to get manhandled all over the field.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/12/11/4664357_ndsus-emanuel-and-ccus-hamilton.html?sp=/99/167/&rh=1#storylink=cpy

I think you are really reading into the post game comments. I know Ross said he didn't think the noise was a problem but everything else you said is either over exaggeration or complete fabrication.

FargoBison
December 12th, 2014, 04:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un2Jkzjjj30&feature=youtu.be&a

TennBison
December 12th, 2014, 05:04 PM
I think you are really reading into the post game comments. I know Ross said he didn't think the noise was a problem but everything else you said is either over exaggeration or complete fabrication.
Then maybe you should go back and listen to the post game presser and comments made by your coach and players since the game. Then you can correct yourself and post it here. True, the noise was not a big influence most of the game, the reason was because we had the game in the bag by the end of the first quarter. So it was loud in the first and tapered off after that. Your coach made it seem like the only reason we won was because of a few big plays, even though your team had no answer for us no matter if it was a long 15 play drive for a TD or a 4 play drive with a 60+ yard TD run. We were going to score either way. Your fast paced offense approach with 70+ snap philosophy isn't going to win this game, the way to beat NDSU is to beat us at our own game like UNI did, and you just don't have that game plan or talent available.

dewey
December 12th, 2014, 05:13 PM

Did anyone else notice that they had Carson Wentz listed as a senior. WTF! If anyone should get the players and their information right it should be the NDSU athletic department.

Dewey

rokamortis
December 12th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Then maybe you should go back and listen to the post game presser and comments made by your coach and players since the game. Then you can correct yourself and post it here. True, the noise was not a big influence most of the game, the reason was because we had the game in the bag by the end of the first quarter. So it was loud in the first and tapered off after that. Your coach made it seem like the only reason we won was because of a few big plays, even though your team had no answer for us no matter if it was a long 15 play drive for a TD or a 4 play drive with a 60+ yard TD run. We were going to score either way. Your fast paced offense approach with 70+ snap philosophy isn't going to win this game, the way to beat NDSU is to beat us at our own game like UNI did, and you just don't have that game plan or talent available.

I watched it earlier. Just watched it again. They were very complimentary of NDSU. Said it demonstrated where Coastal needs to be. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kDGlemM_v4#t=101

How about you stop being a d-bag and provide exact quotes and timestamp of where they did what you said. Spoiler alert: you can't.

I went back and re-read what you wrote: I missed the "didn't play as well as they should" but I agree with it. They didn't, but a large part of that was NDSU players and a large part was lack of execution.
I certainly didn't hear anything about how the Bizen were lucky to get big plays.

jmrepak
December 12th, 2014, 06:03 PM
I think that is s pretty good preview other than calling us the Chant-e-cleers

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Dewey is a class act!

dewey
December 12th, 2014, 07:05 PM
Dewey is a class act!

Did you forget the sarcasm font, LOL!

Dewey

FargoBison
December 12th, 2014, 08:46 PM
http://vimeo.com/114321072

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 12th, 2014, 09:04 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I"M READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xthumbsupx

TennBison
December 12th, 2014, 09:42 PM
I watched it earlier. Just watched it again. They were very complimentary of NDSU. Said it demonstrated where Coastal needs to be. Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kDGlemM_v4#t=101

How about you stop being a d-bag and provide exact quotes and timestamp of where they did what you said. Spoiler alert: you can't.

I went back and re-read what you wrote: I missed the "didn't play as well as they should" but I agree with it. They didn't, but a large part of that was NDSU players and a large part was lack of execution.
I certainly didn't hear anything about how the Bizen were lucky to get big plays.You didn't reference the call in interview your coach did with our local sport radio show called " The Jack Michaels Show", I never said the post game presser was the only source of my information. Plus the interviews done back in SC.
Anf FYI I did go back in my last post about it and explained about the big play comment. Your coach said that if NDSU didn't get the big plays things would have been different. My point was that no matter if it was a 4 play 2 minute drive capped by a big play TD of 60+ yards we were still going to score on those drives even if they took 15 plays 8 minutes. We marched up and down the field on you guys and their was nothing you could do to stop it.

344Johnson
December 12th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Hopefully KE can get a strip sack scoop and score before CCU realize's that they need to help their LT against the best defensive player in the FCS.

Dewey

Why would their LT need help against Xavier Williams? His team lost last week

rokamortis
December 12th, 2014, 09:48 PM
You didn't reference the call in interview your coach did with our local sport radio show called " The Jack Michaels Show", I never said the post game presser was the only source of my information. Plus the interviews done back in SC.

Please provide us with links / transcripts for all of your evidence. I'd love to see/hear it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 12th, 2014, 09:51 PM
Why would their LT need help against Xavier Williams? His team lost last week

xrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesxxrolleyesx

Really?

xcoffeex

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2014, 10:10 PM
Did you forget the sarcasm font, LOL!

Dewey

nope, only Bizon fan who gets it....

TILIS-BisonFan
December 12th, 2014, 10:22 PM
People with opinions similar to rokamortis pop up every big game against ndsu. Bison fans hear all about southern speed quintuple options and you've never seen a.b.c. before. Bison fans bring up emanual and its as if we are speaking about super heroes until the game was played and the southern speed quintuple options and a.b.c. couldn't hold up. Ask coastal and t west supporters. Granted this NDSU team isn't as good as last year and is more susceptible to a loss but be reasonable. I'll be right in line congratulating the victor if NDSU were to get beat.

To beat NDSU you aren't coming in scoring 30 and your star player probably won't have a big game. It doesn't happen. You have to win the line of scrimmage and be willing to grind it out. The NDSU d is better than anything your team has seen so you can't turn it over and have to hold your own on defense. Win turnover battle and field position and try to force NDSU to sustain drives.

rokamortis
December 12th, 2014, 10:35 PM
People like rokamortis pop up every year. Bison fans hear all about southern speed quintuple options and you've never seen a.b.c. before. Bison fans bring up emanual and its as if we are speaking about super heroes until the game was played and the southern speed quintuple options and a.b.c. couldn't hold up. Ask coastal and t west supporters. Granted this NDSU team isn't as good as last year and is more susceptible to a loss but be reasonable. I'll be right in line congratulating the victor if NDSU were to get beat.

To beat NDSU you aren't coming in scoring 30 and your star player probably won't have a big game. It doesn't happen. You have to win the line of scrimmage and be willing to grind it out. The NDSU d is better than anything your team has seen so you can't turn it over and have to hold your own on defense. Win turnover battle and field position and try to force NDSU to sustain drives.

I think you are having flashbacks of Georgia Southern or Sam Houston. I haven't said "southern speed" ever, I think, at least not referring to NDSU for sure. Just isn't part of my vocabulary. I haven't predicted points, in fact I haven't bragged on Coastal at all. I'm hoping for a good game.

I have joked about your guys being like a superheros - but just because its funny. Have you seen some of the posts your fans have made. Man crush doesn't do it justice.

I've also talked about synchronized pom-pom dancing.

TILIS-BisonFan
December 12th, 2014, 10:42 PM
I think you are having flashbacks of Georgia Southern or Sam Houston. I haven't said "southern speed" ever, I think, at least not referring to NDSU for sure. Just isn't part of my vocabulary. I haven't predicted points, in fact I haven't bragged on Coastal at all. I'm hoping for a good game.

I have joked about your guys being like a superhero - but just because its funny. Have you seen some of the posts your fans have made. Man crush doesn't do it justice.
I'm just referencing during all ndsu playoff runs fans of opposing teams say you haven't seen this or that. Especially last year. It gets old. To beat ndsu it happens on the line not with formations, superstars, speed, playing in the dome last year, etc.

I think if it stays close early it will be a good game. If NDSU hops up 14-0 early ESPN might transfer to a bowling match. Yes NDSU has passionate fans but a lot of their "superhero" takes have been justified in recent years although maybe it isn't the approach I would take. I want a clean officiated game with no excuses or doubt left at the end

Hammerhead
December 13th, 2014, 12:43 AM
Sadly, our Superman on defense (capable of leaping linemen with a single bound) is out with an Achilles injury.

http://www.charlesapple.com/uploads/2013/01/130106FargoFootballC02Pic.jpg

rokamortis
December 13th, 2014, 12:50 AM
I'm just referencing during all ndsu playoff runs fans of opposing teams say you haven't seen this or that. Especially last year. It gets old. To beat ndsu it happens on the line not with formations, superstars, speed, playing in the dome last year, etc.

I think if it stays close early it will be a good game. If NDSU hops up 14-0 early ESPN might transfer to a bowling match. Yes NDSU has passionate fans but a lot of their "superhero" takes have been justified in recent years although maybe it isn't the approach I would take. I want a clean officiated game with no excuses or doubt left at the end

But you specifically mentioned me. Just doesn't seem to be that much talk that you reference. Suffering a little FCS PSD?

As far as the game goes, it is hard to bet against NDSU. They destroyed us last year and have a great team. I think Coastal can make it a game but will have to be on point.

OL FU
December 13th, 2014, 04:56 AM
But you specifically mentioned me. Just doesn't seem to be that much talk that you reference. Suffering a little FCS PSD?

As far as the game goes, it is hard to bet against NDSU. They destroyed us last year and have a great team. I think Coastal can make it a game but will have to be on point.

SoCon Team out, South Carolina team still in. Go Chanticleers.xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2014, 06:33 AM

I have joked about your guys being like a superheros - but just because its funny. Have you seen some of the posts your fans have made. Man crush doesn't do it justice.

I've also talked about synchronized pom-pom dancing.

That is a good one. It is called having a passionate fan base.

Why wouldn't the Bison fan base be confident, the team is 55-3 over the last four years so far?? Let that sink in a little bit.....

I'm still waiting for the Bison to put together a complete 4 quarter game in all phases of the game this year. Maybe today we see that. But I can tell you one thing....CC is not going to come into this stadium and push the Bison around and move the ball up and down the field.

We'll see if your small D-line that is use to playing spread teams from your conference, can hold up against a very solid power running attack. This includes TEs, FBs and WRs that can block also. Sprinkle in a 6-6, 230 lb QB that can run.

If CC comes out and wins the game, there will be many Bison fans on here saying great job and good luck next week.

344Johnson
December 13th, 2014, 06:45 AM
That is a good one. It is called having a passionate fan base.

Why wouldn't the Bison fan base be confident, the team is 55-3 over the last four years so far?? Let that sink in a little bit.....

I'm still waiting for the Bison to put together a complete 4 quarter game in all phases of the game this year. Maybe today we see that. But I can tell you one thing....CC is not going to come into this stadium and push the Bison around and move the ball up and down the field.

We'll see if your small D-line that is use to playing spread teams from your conference, can hold up against a very solid power running attack. This includes TEs, FBs and WRs that can block also. Sprinkle in a 6-6, 230 lb QB that can run.

If CC comes out and wins the game, there will be many Bison fans on here saying great job and good luck next week.

No. He is right. You see it a lot with NDSU fans with regards to football. We don't have a pro team or an FBS team so their is some weird culty hero worship. See it from some family members on an occasional basis.

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2014, 06:50 AM
yep, If I lived anywhere near Fargo I'd surely be a Bizzon fan while planning my escape...

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2014, 07:05 AM
No. He is right. You see it a lot with NDSU fans with regards to football. We don't have a pro team or an FBS team so their is some weird culty hero worship. See it from some family members on an occasional basis.

I pretty much expected this kind of response from you...xeyebrowx

It is not "cult hero worship", it is having a loyal fan base that supports its team.

What other FCS team would have 19/20 thousand fans at a NC game, 1000 miles from its home? NONE

If the Bison make it to Frisco again, the fan breakdown will once again be 90% Bison fans. UNH - Ill State or EWU will bring a really small contingent of fans. That will be great, I like going to HOME games....xthumbsupx

344Johnson
December 13th, 2014, 07:25 AM
I pretty much expected this kind of response from you...xeyebrowx

It is not "cult hero worship", it is having a loyal fan base that supports its team.

What other FCS team would have 19/20 thousand fans at a NC game, 1000 miles from its home? NONE

If the Bison make it to Frisco again, the fan breakdown will once again be 90% Bison fans. UNH - Ill State or EWU will bring a really small contingent of fans. That will be great, I like going to HOME games....xthumbsupx

Here we go again. A Bison fan chest thumping about fan support.

Montana has apparently brought big numbers on short notice before.

Regardless, hope the game is fun.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2014, 07:39 AM

It all ties into the fan support argument....

No, it is not "here we go again"....it is called reality. NDSU has a passionate fan base regardless when you try to poo poo it.

Keep up the debate young grasshopper....xthumbsupx

Pards Rule
December 13th, 2014, 07:42 AM
Hey its Bison game day!! Good luck today!!

dewey
December 13th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Woooooooooo Hoooooo! Gameday is here!

HAIL THE BISON!

Dewey

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Made GameDay! Woot!

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

Pards Rule
December 13th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Im still waiting for my Bison Game Day text some dude sends me on playoff mornings..."wake the fuk up" one??? Is he still crashed?

rokamortis
December 13th, 2014, 09:11 AM
It all ties into the fan support argument....

No, it is not "here we go again"....it is called reality. NDSU has a passionate fan base regardless when you try to poo poo it.

Keep up the debate young grasshopper....xthumbsupx

You do have a very, very passionate fan base. You also have some fans with super creepy man crushes. Embrace it.

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2014, 09:19 AM
You do have a very, very passionate fan base. You also have some fans with super creepy man crushes. Embrace it.

yep, lots of cold night up there leads to strange things... haha

dewey
December 13th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Here is a picture from the ESPN Gameday show. Roger Staubach picked Coastal Carolina but everyone else picked the Bison.

Dewey

NDSUSR
December 13th, 2014, 10:07 AM

I have read quite a few posts on the Coastal forum. Talk about creepy. You guys think Bison fans are bad? Take a good look in a mirror.

NDSUSR
December 13th, 2014, 10:50 AM
353 Coastal Carolina
+16 -110
+550
Over 54 -110

354 North Dakota State
-16 -110
Under 54 -110

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2014, 10:54 AM

If you want to hate on a team you claim to support then that's fine, but most of us actually care about the Bison. I know you attempt to troll and most people just ignore it knowing how pathetic it is but go back to mediocrity and Notre Dame and their "cult hero worship". I am glad that there are 18-20K fans week in and week out at the Fargodome, not to mention the others around Fargo and the USA, going crazy about a team they care about. With that said, I can't wait to see them take the field today and play there hearts out. Win or lose, Bison fans remain strong and faithful, I don't know you can say the same about Notre Dame and other FBS and FCS programs.

jmrepak
December 13th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Here we go... It's time for football

PS roger staubach is my hero

rokamortis
December 13th, 2014, 11:01 AM
I have read quite a few posts on the Coastal forum. Talk about creepy. You guys think Bison fans are bad? Take a good look in a mirror.

As soon as you guys leave then we'll lose the creepiness.

NDSUSR
December 13th, 2014, 11:04 AM
As soon as you guys leave then we'll lose the creepiness.

I am not there. They wouldnt approve new registers. Weak sauce.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 13th, 2014, 11:06 AM
This game will be interesting. I think CCU can play with NDSU as long as they avoid turnovers....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 13th, 2014, 11:07 AM
What a bounce!

NDSUSR
December 13th, 2014, 11:09 AM
BOOM

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 13th, 2014, 11:09 AM
That was ridiculous blocking! NDSU caught a bit of a break and took advantage in a big way!

Kemo
December 13th, 2014, 11:10 AM
That looked easy.

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Credit Gebhardt with some real nice downfield blocking

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 11:11 AM
Is it me or is Kelly Stouffer yelling when he talks

kdinva
December 13th, 2014, 11:12 AM
NDSU's TEAM blocking is as good as any in the entire country........everyone gets a hat onto someone......their WR's aren't scared of getting sweaty.

- - - Updated - - -

......and CCU's Henderson is as fine a HB as any in the counrty......including 1-A players.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 13th, 2014, 11:13 AM
CCU with a nice response going....

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Great Catch

dewey
December 13th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Oh yeah! 70 yard touchdown run by Crocket.

7-0 NDSU

Dewey

NDSUSR
December 13th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Fans win one.

dwtime
December 13th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Two bad pass play calls forces a fg for Coastal, they needed to put 7 up there.

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 11:17 AM
File this in the no **** dept, but the Chants can't win this game kicking FGs. Great drive, but they got to finish

RabidRabbit
December 13th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Bison tighten up in the red zone, and hold CCU to FG. Can't swap td's with FG's and hope to beat the defensive Bison.

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Every time I hear Anish announce I think its Steve Levy.

NDSUSR
December 13th, 2014, 11:25 AM
BOOM!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 13th, 2014, 11:25 AM
So these might be as bad as last year....Wentz is on fire...

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Also, I think Woods might be accepting the call to step up and play WR and not decoy.

Oh and about those TE PA passes

gsf23nd
Boom!!

Drblankstare
Great drive again for the Bison. Big surprise so far this game for me is Kary Woods catching the ball. Nice to see

Kemo
Wentz really does have all the physical tools you'd want in a QB. When he slings it, it gets to the receiver in a hurry.

X-Factor
December 13th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Chickens look to be in a lot of trouble on the defensive side.

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 11:28 AM
So these might be as bad as last year....Wentz is on fire...

Wentz can run a little hot and cold. But he has been more hot lately

- - - Updated - - -

Nova loses their QB today, ouch

gsf23nd
December 13th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Wow...Robertson out against SHSU!

dwtime
December 13th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Wow Robertson is out for the Nova SHSU game, that is not good for Nova.

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Well if Nova can pull it off and NDSu wins, I'd be nervous

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Coastal doing a real good job of spreading the Bison D out

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 11:31 AM
WHAT! That was a tipped ball xsmhx

NDSUSR
December 13th, 2014, 11:31 AM
LOL

gsf23nd
December 13th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Bison D needs to start making some tackles.

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Gotta go don't ya

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Bison front 4 getting handled so far. Don't see that often

PantherRob82
December 13th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Terrible call to go for it. Sends your team the wrong message, even though they got it.

hebmskebm
December 13th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Very impressed with CCUs ability to control the LOS

dwtime
Nice drive Coastal.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
CCU's offense has been impressive. Their OL is legit....

NDSUSR
Need to stop Henderson. Kid can run.

GAD
December 13th, 2014, 11:37 AM
TD Coastal!

centennial
December 13th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Henderson is solid

FargoBison
December 13th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Bison defense not the same without Beck at LB. Guy was great against the spread.

Sent from my A0001

RabidRabbit
December 13th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Coastal running game going pretty well vs. NDSU.

Gutsy, but correct call to go for it on 4th & 1. Otherwise, this game was about to get away from CCU. Instead get the TD, and only down 4, 10 - 14.

CCU has not shown that they can stop the NDSU O tho.

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Which D shows up 1st

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 13th, 2014, 11:42 AM
CCU gets a stop. Overall, a respectable first quarter by the Chants...

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 13th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Nice Defensive stand for Coastal.

centennial
December 13th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Pos punt

X-Factor
December 13th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Looks like Emanuel will have to go in as punter

Drblankstare
Lecompte is obviously not healthy, Bison must go to plan B for punting. You just can't have 10 yard punts

GAD
11 yard punt

gsf23nd
Might get to see Kyle E. punt this game.

GAD
December 13th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Lecompte is obviously not healthy, Bison must go to plan B for punting. You just can't have 10 yard punts
They will just have to score every time

jmrepak
December 13th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Might get to see Kyle E. punt this game.

Might as well use him there since he hasn't gotten past Hamilton yet.xthumbsupx

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Now a hold by the Bison. Much needed

- - - Updated - - -

They will just have to score every time

It would sure make th going for it on 4th a little easier

dewey
December 13th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Big throw and catch by Urzendowski.

Dewey

jmrepak
December 13th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Big throw and catch by Urzendowski.

Dewey
It was the perfect play against our Blitz

dewey
December 13th, 2014, 11:53 AM
It was the perfect play against our Blitz

Yes it was. Well blocked as well.

Dewey

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2014, 11:54 AM
4 yards and a cloud of dust, here we go.

jmrepak
hell of a good game so far.

RabidRabbit
Bison getting 3 yds on the line push, and then Crockett's adding 1 to 2 yds. CCU getting pwned by NDSU O-line.

GAD
December 13th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Bison are doing a great job of controlling the clock

dewey
December 13th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Touchdown saving tackle by Williams there. Good tackle.

Dewey

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 11:56 AM
3rd and 3 in the redzone. For the love of God run the ball twice if you have to. Don't end this drive with a Fg

jmrepak
December 13th, 2014, 11:57 AM
3rd and 3 in the redzone. For the love of God run the ball twice if you have to. Don't end this drive with a Fg

For the love of god hold them to a FG

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 11:58 AM

Lolo

- - - Updated - - -

aaaarrgghhhh

GAD
December 13th, 2014, 11:58 AM
hell of a good game so far.
yep!

dewey
December 13th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Big stop by Coastal Carolina on 3rd and 3. Field goal is good.

17-10 NDSU leads with 8:06 to go in the 2nd quarter. NDSU is really mashing CCU up front.

Dewey

NDSUSR
December 13th, 2014, 11:59 AM
I will take the 3. CC D was on the field a long time. Wear them out as much as possible with sustained drives and the 1/2 half is ours.

GAD
December 13th, 2014, 12:00 PM
FG Good! Four toes? is that legal?

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 12:01 PM
Intersting

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 13th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Wow! What a return!

dwtime
BOOM!

rokamortis
98 yarder huh. Hmmm

Lehigh'98
Damn touch down on return!!

dewey
Good kickoff return for a TD by CCU.

17-17 mid 2nd quarter.

Dewey

Drblankstare
Great break for Coastal, but their D might not be real pleased to go back onto the field

JMU-MRD-DAD
December 13th, 2014, 12:03 PM
WOW....game on.

GAD
December 13th, 2014, 12:04 PM
ok my feed keeps skiping

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Coastal came to play kids. No doubt about that

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 12:06 PM
That was unreal

dewey
Crockett with already 113 yards rushing. Great scramble and throw by Wentz.

Dewey

dwtime
Yeah that wasn't holding.......xnodx

dewey
December 13th, 2014, 12:07 PM
NDSU might run for more yards this year 5 hat last year's total of 424.

Dewey

Drblankstare
Chants D is real tired right now.

JMU-MRD-DAD
Crockett with already 113 yards rushing. Great scramble and throw by Wentz.

Dewey

Wentz is a beast.

GAD
Heck of a scramble for a 6'6 guy

rokamortis
Yeah that wasn't holding.......xnodx

Ya think?

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 12:09 PM
I know Wentz has played well, but why bother risking a pass right now. Bison run game is unstoppable right now

- - - Updated - - -

I know Wentz has played well, but why bother risking a pass right now. Bison run game is unstoppable right now

My point is still validxrotatehx

dewey
December 13th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Fumbled shotgun snapp...still a TD to 5 he TE on the seam.

24-17 NDSU with 5:20 to go in the 2nd quarter.

Dewey

centennial
December 13th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Nice throw and catch

GAD
December 13th, 2014, 12:10 PM
TD Bison! Can Coastal answer?

hebmskebm
December 13th, 2014, 12:11 PM
When was the last time NDSU was in a full fledged shootout?

jmrepak
December 13th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Fumbled shotgun snapp...still a TD to 5 he TE on the seam.

24-17 NDSU with 5:20 to go in the 2nd quarter.

Dewey
That throw was just perfect. You don't get many better than that. The funny thing is that the ESPN announcers are calling this game like the Bison are killing us. Last I checked its been a pretty even game. Coastal needs to take a little time off of the clock here and find the end zone. Go to the half with a tie or a one possession game and get the ball back to start the 2nd half.

Da Herd
December 13th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Can we get a 3 and out. Please?

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Huge pickup for coastal

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2014, 12:15 PM
When was the last time NDSU was in a full fledged shootout?

EWU 2010

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 13th, 2014, 12:16 PM
This is the type of game CCU wanted. Wow! What a catch...

gsf23nd
December 13th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Nice push off..

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 13th, 2014, 12:17 PM
run the clock down and kick the fg....they get the 2nd half kick off

GAD
December 13th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Coastal has a good game plan

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 13th, 2014, 12:18 PM
Wow! I don't think that trick play was headed anywhere....

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 12:19 PM
They were bail out by the timeout, that was going to get blown up

gsf23nd
December 13th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Yeah they had that covered...bit of panic by the coaches I think.

jmrepak
December 13th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Nice push off..
Watch the replay\. He didn't extend his arm at all. He just played the ball better.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
That took balls to go for it

gsf23nd
CAll the TO and they get the bring their O back out. Terrible decision. Would much rather have their FG unit try to get the 1st than their offense,

jmrepak

It wasn't. In the post game handshake we need to thank Klineman for that one.

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Heavens what a 1st half, both Defenses are barely showing up

Lehigh'98
December 13th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Terrible penalty there. Game should be tied.

NDSUSR
December 13th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Put the pipe down. It was an obvious call.

jmrepak
December 13th, 2014, 12:30 PM

What a great game. I hate that we had to settle for a FG there, but with us receiving the 2nd half KO we still have a shot to take a lead.

MarkCCU
December 13th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Sorry to my Bison Friends but my heart and my loyalty will always be for

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8371/8492666632_0a5e1865ca.jpg

http://legprint.mainspring-test.com/images/symbols/pledge.jpg

For the GLORY of South Carolina! GO CHANTICLEERS!

My man!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CasualFan
December 13th, 2014, 12:33 PM
I feel like Coastal is just hanging on. Thank you Devin Brown -- for NC A&T and this game too. Right now it feels like CCU is just inconveniencing the NDSU offense on their way to the end zone. Hopefully they can fix something in the second half. On offense, the Bison secondary are doing a really nice job.

What do you think? Is it a better game than you expected?

dewey
December 13th, 2014, 12:34 PM
Put the pipe down. It was an obvious call.

I would hope that his comment was that it was a bad time for CCU to shoot them self in the foot. The call itself was obvious.

Dewey

MarkCCU

No. The terrible call was the NDSU lineman pushing around a CCU player after the whistle, in front of two refs. You don't push a man down when he's trying to stand up. That was a classless move.

caribbeanhen
well at least we got ourselves a ball game

NDSUSR
December 13th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Our D has to get their **** together. Not taking away from your O, but this isnt normal Bison D.

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Well I get this feeling we will know how this game will go after both teams possess the ball with NDSU being a 2nd half team. That's what scares me is if the offense is firing now, imagine how they will fare in the 2nd half.

The Bison just need to stop Henderson and prevent the big play from their WR core

NDSUSR
I would hope that his comment was that it was a bad time for CCU to shoot them self in the foot. The call itself was obvious.

Dewey
True dat.

centennial
I feel like Coastal is just hanging on. Thank you Devin Brown -- for NC A&T and this game too. Right now it feels like CCU is just inconveniencing the NDSU offense on their way to the end zone. Hopefully they can fix something in the second half. On offense, the Bison secondary are doing a really nice job.

What do you think? Is it a better game than you expected?
Coastal has done well. The question is if they continue the big plays. If NDSU d starts showing up coastal could fall behind quickly.

dewey
The kickoff TD by CCU was huge for the Chanticleers. It does seem like NDSU is having their way on offense but CCU is doing a great job keeping NDSU on their heels with a nice job of a power inside running game with Henderson. I do think the NDSU defense will make adjustments and the Bison pull away in the second half.

I HOPE!

Go Bison!

Dewey

MarkCCU
December 13th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Well I get this feeling we will know how this game will go after both teams possess the ball with NDSU being a 2nd half team. That's what scares me is if the offense is firing now, imagine how they will fare in the 2nd half.

The Bison just need to stop Henderson and prevent the big play from their WR core

The stacked offense is killing us. That and CCU not reading the line. Big plays made because we aren't reading the line and not covering people.

TheKingpin28
December 13th, 2014, 12:41 PM
I know I have though Ross and Co was overrated but after seeing this first half, I really don't want to eat my words but so far, they are giving the Bison fits.

WrenFGun
December 13th, 2014, 12:41 PM
This simply isn't the same NDSU team I saw last year; not as a tough or physical, not as much talent. Still might win the championship, though. Don't think they're head and shoulders above the competition again, though.

X-Factor
December 13th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Good game! Way to represent for ESPN chants!

centennial
December 13th, 2014, 12:43 PM
This simply isn't the same NDSU team I saw last year; not as a tough or physical, not as much talent. Still might win the championship, though. Don't think they're head and shoulders above the competition again, though.
24 seniors, most starters graduated. What you are seeing is 2nd,3rd string from last year still better than most of the FCS.

dewey
December 13th, 2014, 12:45 PM

The 2013 NDSU team might have been the best the FCS has ever seen. I agree that they are not head and shoulders better than everyone else. Hopefully they are still good enough to win this game and a title.

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 13th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Holy crap what a catch!

dewey
December 13th, 2014, 12:48 PM
I think the end of the heel is out. Tough call to overturn though. Good throw and catch.

Dewey

utcfan
December 13th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Toe touch in bounds for sure. Heel afterwards iffy. But called a catch on the field.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 13th, 2014, 12:51 PM
I'm surprised they overturned that....

gsf23nd
Wow...big call there..

FCS_pwns_FBS
NDSU got a break there...

Red & Black
That's a tough call. That was indisputable? Hmm...

utcfan
December 13th, 2014, 12:52 PM
I thought if toe hit first heel immaterial. Not sure enough to overturn, but they say differently.

dewey
December 13th, 2014, 12:52 PM
Big defensive stand by NDSU. Come on offense shove it down the Chanticleers throat and get a touchdown.

Dewey

WrenFGun
December 13th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Wow, is the fix in for NDSU? Jesus.

El Griz
Very surprised they overturned that. Followed with a non call on contact on the WR.

Kemo
Bad overturned call there. Toe was down and it hit well before the heel. Didn't see any bobble either.

X-Factor
Wow, stupid stupid stupid decision to cover that punt. Coaches better give him a talking

Kemo
December 13th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Wow, is the fix in for NDSU? Jesus.

First game ever NDSU fans thank the refs? xrotatehx

clawman
WOW the Clears got screwed on that one. His toe WAS in bounds before his heal went down. Apparently the guys in the booth are wearing yellow!

dewey
Carey Woods has really had a nice game so far.

Dewey

MarkCCU
December 13th, 2014, 12:56 PM
**** that ref. that was in.

Catsfan90
Overturned call is huge for ndsu.

ejjones
A little home cooking on that call..

utcfan
Announcers didn't think it should have overturned. Big call that will impact the game. How much TBD....I still think toe down inbounds = catch....they didn't ask me though.

Red & Black
December 13th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Bad call.

dewey
Crockett with already 170 yards.

Dewey

veinup
I thought if toe hit first heel immaterial. Not sure enough to overturn, but they say differently.

that's what i was thinking too. if the toe is obviously in the heel or any other part of the foot didn't matter.

Red & Black
December 13th, 2014, 12:58 PM
that's what i was thinking too. if the toe is obviously in the heel or any other part of the foot didn't matter.

Yup. This.

MarkCCU
December 13th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Such bull****.

dewey
December 13th, 2014, 12:59 PM
I don't think the call will be revised. 4th down coming up.

Dewey

Teal2018
December 13th, 2014, 01:00 PM
These refs have to stop reviewing every play it is killing the flow of the game, let the kids play!

BisonBohl
December 13th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Tough call, shoulda been a catch imo

dewey
Is that call effecting CCU ' S run defense?

Dewey

Southern Bison
If he dragged the toe, that's a catch. When you plant the heel, it's part of the "one foot down".

jmrepak
December 13th, 2014, 01:02 PM
We got completely hosed on that overturned call and then we get screwed on the no call the next play. Thanks for taking all of our MO NCAA. I think those our revenue calls.

BisonBohl
December 13th, 2014, 01:03 PM
Good call 40 was def holding

IBleedYellow
Does it matter if your defense can't stop the offense anyway? Seriously.

centennial
TD!

MarkCCU
If he dragged the toe, that's a catch. When you plant the heel, it's part of the "one foot down".

The foot was in the green. Oh well, it's in the past.

jmrepak
December 13th, 2014, 01:04 PM
The ball wasn't catchable.

rokamortis
TD!
Ironic that they call a jersey tug on defense but not on the offense. Weird.

MarkCCU
Good call 40 was def holding

Yeah. Those penalties are so costly.

SUPharmacist
These refs have to stop reviewing every play it is killing the flow of the game, let the kids play!

Agreed, too many reviews.

TheKingpin28
Enough of this bull **** calls! NDSU got hosed last week and still won! These are big sky refs and they hate the MVFC! Good teams find a way to win regardless of how the reffing was

FargoBison
December 13th, 2014, 01:05 PM
Because his jersey was being held for 3 yards.

Sent from my A0001

SeattleGriz

I was just going to ask that question. I have seen multiple time where NDSU has grabbed the back of a CCU defenders jersey to prevent them from tackling.

MarkCCU

Yup. Li guess that turned a blind eye to 78 pulling 58

BisonBohl
Yeah. Those penalties are so costly.

Yes they are, CCU needs to regroup, lot of game left.

Red & Black

Your fan base wasn't saying that in 2010. Just sayin.

caribbeanhen

agree, bad call

Teal2018
December 13th, 2014, 01:06 PM
The flags the refs are throwing are penalties, what is annoying me is the ones they are not throwing. Flags are supposed to be thrown regardless of which team is committing them!

SeattleGriz
Enough of this bull **** calls! NDSU got hosed last week and still won! These are big sky refs and they hate the MVFC! Good teams find a way to win regardless of how the reffing was

It is interesting you got Big Sky refs, because I had heard that NDSU held Montana the whole game and if the Big Sky refs aren't calling it, then I would have to believe it really wasn't holding in the first place.

BisonBohl
agree, bad call
Def was def holding.

IBleedYellow
Your fan base wasn't saying that in 2010. Just sayin.

Indeed. I say NDSU lost the game on the last drive when EWU went down 80 yards for the tie.

Beachdude
December 13th, 2014, 01:07 PM

True most of the time. But I bet if NDSU lost that game, you'd be crying a different tune.

Southern Bison

No ****...CCU got away with an illegal block in the back that broke the KO return for TD & offensive PI by #18 that led to your only offensive TD.

caribbeanhen
for all you blind Bizun fans that are saying this is not North Dak state football.....cant you see that Coastal is a talented team?

gsf23nd
The flags the refs are throwing are penalties, what is annoying me is the ones they are not throwing. Flags are supposed to be thrown regardless of which team is committing them!

They haven't called a holding penalty on the Chants either. Guess they are doing NO holding at all either.

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 01:08 PM
Coastal is right back at it

TheKingpin28
Not at all. I was at the EWU game and had heart break but I moved on. I am also a red Sox fan so I knew what disappointment was/is.

utcfan
Because his jersey was being held for 3 yards.

Sent from my A0001

Would not have mattered. Ball was over everyone's head. But flag was thrown, first down NDSU, but ball was not catchable by anyone on the field. NDSU liked to have scored anyway.

Kemo
NDSU's O-line has consistently won the line of scrimmage and even the seconded level at times. I don't see it getting better for CCU as the game wears on and unless their O can play out of their minds, the lead will continue to stretch.

gsf23nd
There was a big hold on Kyle there...No call.

Red & Black
December 13th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Indeed. I say NDSU lost the game on the last drive when EWU went down 80 yards for the tie.

Yep. Difficult to say either way, but sometimes you gotta play the hand you're dealt. Stop 'em and it doesn't matter.

BisonBohl
for all you blind Bizun fans that are saying this is not North Dak state football.....cant you see that Coastal is a talented team?
CCU much improved this year, do a great job on offense putting defense in bad spots. I'm impressed.

rokamortis
They haven't called a holding penalty on the Chants either. Guess they are doing NO holding at all either.

Review the plays where your QB had to scramble. Just blatant.

dewey
I have got to give props to the Coastal Carolina offensive line so far.

Dewey

TILIS-BisonFan
December 13th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Yeah because the pass int on NDSU in the first quarter when the ball landed near the stands was?

Red & Black
December 13th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Coastal is a good team, but will need some breaks to win this one.

Drblankstare
This has been far to good of a game for everyone to be bitching about the refs. Please stop. Both sides

gsf23nd
Review the plays where your QB had to scramble. Just blatant.

So you are saying Coastal hasn't gotten away with any holds on offense?

rokamortis
December 13th, 2014, 01:12 PM
So you are saying Coastal hasn't gotten away with any holds on offense?

Are you saying those plays weren't blatant holds?

TILIS-BisonFan
December 13th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Henderson is a crafty sob

BisonBohl
December 13th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Henderson is one tough sob.

utcfan
This has been far to good of a game for everyone to be bitching about the refs. Please stop. Both sides

Has been a great game.

Red & Black
He wasn't in. Good spot.

gsf23nd
Are you saying those plays weren't blatant holds?

I'm saying it they aren't calling holds on EITHER team, then where is the complaint.

FargoBison
Would not have mattered. Ball was over everyone's head. But flag was thrown, first down NDSU, but ball was not catchable by anyone on the field. NDSU liked to have scored anyway.
I'm 15 feet away, it was obvious.

Sent from my A0001

Drblankstare
December 13th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Bison Defense hasn't seen Oline this good in awhile.

Red & Black
December 13th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Geez, did CC not work the silent count in practice this week?

Kemo
Henderson is really shifty and it seems like NDSU is having trouble finding him behind the Coastal Oline.

dewey
Come on defense!

Dewey

rokamortis
I'm saying it they aren't calling holds on EITHER team, then where is the complaint.

Not all holds are created equal. I'm sure both teams have holds on the interior, but there are very blatant ones where the QB is in trouble and the defender gets mugged.

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2014, 01:16 PM
It's not loud in here. Oof those false starts hurt.

MarkCCU
December 13th, 2014, 01:17 PM
What the ****? You stop a play to confirm your last call? Goddamn