PDA

View Full Version : Round 2: Fordham at #1 UNH

Pages : 1 [2]

JoltinJoe
December 6th, 2014, 12:59 PM
4 points probably won't matter.

This game chould be tied right now. They matter.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 12:59 PM
That made no sense!! LOL....

JoltinJoe
December 6th, 2014, 01:02 PM
That made no sense!! LOL....

Going for two isn't really a bad call down by 5. Maybe early to go for it, but ... you can make the case to try to get within 3.

The call was strange.

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 01:05 PM
So 2nd and 20 and we run up the middle?

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2014, 01:06 PM
UNH is frazzled; credit to Fordham for hanging in there.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2014, 01:06 PM
I'll have to read this to stay posted. I had to Sophie's Choice this one to get the UNI and SHSU games on my screen.

Mattymc727
December 6th, 2014, 01:07 PM
UNH kinda sucks huh?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 01:07 PM
I have never seen a game change so quick. Especially when a team was getting physically beat up...

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2014, 01:08 PM
IMO UNH geared up way too much to rush the passer and forgot how to stop the run. Edmonds has like 145 yards rushing because everyone's trying to get sacks. Need to settle in and hold Fordham to 3 here.

Mattymc727
December 6th, 2014, 01:09 PM
I have never seen a game change so quick. Especially when a team was getting physically beat up...

This is very odd. That Goldrich fumble really was a 180.

College football man....

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Can we mail the Rice award to Edmonds now, or do we wait?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 01:11 PM
That was awesome D by #16

Mattymc727
That two point decision really hurts now.

Lehigh Football Nation
If the refs don't f- up that call, Fordham has the lead right now.

Vooter
December 6th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Wow...how the hell did we wriggle out of this one? xnodx

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 01:13 PM
That was awesome D by #16

yes awesome plays by Cefalo

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 01:15 PM
The Fordham D needs to pick that!

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Wow nice TD run for Nicco

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 01:19 PM
The Rams two opportunities to make a play on D on that drive and failed. TD UNH!...

Lehigh Football Nation
Nice bounce-out and TD run by Steriti, up 21-12. Fordham has been great in the final 2 minutes of the 1st half all season. Let's see what happens here.

Old Cat Fan
21- 12 UNH 3mins to go in the half

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Nice bounce-out and TD run by Steriti, up 21-12. Fordham has been great in the final 2 minutes of the 1st half all season. Let's see what happens here.

UNH gets the ball to start the second half iirc. The Rams need to put together a drive....

Edmonds has been the best player on the field...kid is absurdly good

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 01:23 PM
What a surprise - a holding call to negate a Fordham 1st down

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Refs have been terrible this game against Fordham.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 01:26 PM
This is a huge drive for the Rams D. They must get a stop....

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Ah, a make-up call. Did the refs take the 1st half under or something?

JoltinJoe
December 6th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Now this is an obvious incomplete. If they give them the catch ...

- - - Updated - - -

Well, got that one right.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 01:31 PM
The Fordham secondary has played well. The UNH wr's have not been getting open...

Vooter
December 6th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Be nice to make UNH kick here...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 01:36 PM
huge break for UNH!

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Wow Cats got lucky on that Ram Time out for a injury, the clock would of ran out, instead UNH gets 3 points 24-12 at the half

Vooter
What do these refs charge, anyway? Can we make a payment at halftime?

JoltinJoe
huge break for UNH!

Huh?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 01:39 PM
7 points gifted to UNH by the refs. Without that it's a touchdown game.

JoltinJoe
What do these refs charge, anyway? Can we make a payment at halftime?

Killing us. Stopping the clock at :03 for an injury, so UNH can line up the field goal, was really weak.

He seemed very eager to to do it. I've never seen a ref call for an injury TO with so little time left before the half.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
That was an interesting first half. UNH looked and played like the better team but Fordham has that explosive capability. If UNH comes out and scores a TD on the second half the Rams will be cooked imo. Fordham needs to make a stand coming out of the locker room....

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Huh?

I think he talking about the injury time out

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Huh?

At first it was a huge break for Fordham then with the injury it became advantage UNH...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Killing us. Stopping the clock at :03 for an injury, so UNH can line up the field goal, was really weak.

The Fordham player took a knee. That is what you're suppose to do when you're hurt and need the refs to stop play for assistance. Just a bad break for Fordham...

JoltinJoe
December 6th, 2014, 01:45 PM
The Fordham player took a knee. That is what you're suppose to do when you're hurt and need the refs to stop play for assistance. Just a bad break for Fordham...

Seriously, when have you seen a TO called with so few seconds left before a half, even if the player takes a knee? It's a discretionary call on the part of the ref, and he's not supposed to use his right to call an injury TO to "save" time for the benefit of either team. The right call was to let the clock run, since they had no chance of setting up another play. He used his discretionary right to call time for the benefit of one team, and that's not proper. That's a basic lesson they teach you when they first hand you a whistle.

Mattymc727
December 6th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Two fumbles gifted to Fordham too.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Seriously, when have you seen a TO called with so few seconds left before a half, even if the player takes a knee? It's a discretionary call on the part of the ref, and he's not supposed to use his right to call an injury TO to "save" time for the benefit of either team. The right call was to let the clock run, since they had no chance of setting up another play. He used his discretionary right to call time for the benefit of one team, and that's not proper.

I disagree. The Fordham player took a knee right at the line of scrimmage if not on the UNH side of the ball. I looked at it again and based on where he took a knee UNH could not even line up. Had he taken a knee on the FU side of the ball perhaps the whistle does not get blown. I don't see where the refs went wrong on that.

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 01:56 PM
I disagree. The Fordham player took a knee right at the line of scrimmage if not on the UNH side of the ball. I looked at it again and based on where he took a knee UNH could not even line up. Had he taken a knee on the FU side of the ball perhaps the whistle does not get blown. I don't see where the refs went wrong on that.

You took the words right out of my mouth that is exactly what I saw UNH couldn't line up and spike it cause the Fordham player was where they were placing the ball. Good call by the refs there.

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 01:59 PM
But it was 4th down right? So they couldn't line up, skip the thought on spiking it......

JoltinJoe
December 6th, 2014, 01:59 PM

I'll have to look at it again, see where he was. But they were not going to get another play off. I still think you let that clock run in that situation. 4th down. No way do they have the time to get a FG team out there or even run a play.

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Yeah, IMO, I was surprised the clock stopped; I do think UNH could've gotten another play off if he wasn't kneeling there, though, so I guess I agree with the call?

JoltinJoe
December 6th, 2014, 02:08 PM
We need to stop UNH on that series. Big trouble now.

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Holy hell Edmonds is incredible.

- - - Updated - - -

Plenty of talent here on Fordham, but Edmonds is remarkable.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Edmonds is almost singlehandedly keeping Fordham in the game. As I've said before, Edmonds takes Fordham from being simply a very good team and makes them a great team.

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 02:13 PM
Rams wont go away

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Wetzel is really good. He got away with one but that's a heads up play. Now their D had to do something...

Mattymc727
December 6th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Piss poor tackling by UNH today too.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Is Biestek 100%? I don't think he is, and that's a big blow to Fordham's defense overall.

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2014, 02:15 PM
That was egregious offensive PI they didn't call there, but nice drive by Fordham. 31-19; don't want to discredit Fordham, but for the second straight week UNH has played really poorly, IMO.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 02:21 PM
The old statue of liberty. Why? Plus a team from NYC will be prepared for that one...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 02:22 PM
The color guy might be the harshest I've ever heard. He's killing each team for every little mistake...

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 02:23 PM
WTH pooch punt in the end zone. muffed statue of liberty play come Cats get your head on straight

Mattymc727
Just weird playcalling by UNH today. I guess they don't think the weather matters....

Lehigh Football Nation
Fordham's defense stiffens and forces a pooch punt that goes into the end zone. This is a survival drive for Rams coming up.

UNH's cutesiness has really cost them, and it's been completely unnecessary. It might lose them the game in the end.

WrenFGun
Carty needs to reign it in here; Fordham cannot stop the run and yet we're throwing it and trying trick plays all day. Ridiculous. Need a stop here.

UNHWildcat18
December 6th, 2014, 02:24 PM
The old statue of liberty. Why? Plus a team from NYC will be prepared for that one...

Right... Such an unnecessary play. We need to run the ball on first down more and stop the trick plays. Allison also can't hold on to the ball at all.

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Nice play for Gronk Spears

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 02:30 PM
How many times does Spears haul down passes not intended for him? Including the Lehigh game, I've spotted four.

UNHFan
December 6th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Congrats to Tennessee Chatt for blowing out UNH at home. Figured I should just get it out of the way already Coach Mac wouldn't know a good qb if it hit him in the face this is brutal!

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Nice statement drive right there

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 02:34 PM
UNH should have been pounding the rock more today. That might be the nail in the coffin. Too much breathing room....

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Jesus another missed xtra point this will b a serious issue against better comp coming up

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 02:36 PM
That's probably the ballgame for Fordham. Incidentally I picked 41-24 UNH.

Mattymc727
This game aint over folks. Remember when UNH went up 14-0?

Vooter
Well, looks like that's all she wrote. Congrats to UNH and to the Rams on a great season...

UNHFootballAlum
December 6th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Is Thames hurt?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Nebrich hearing footsteps.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Nebrich hearing footsteps.

He's a tough SOB. The one announcer is being too tough on him imo. It's difficult to go through your progressions when your OL is getting lit up...

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 02:48 PM
jesus Goldrich throw the ball away

Gater
December 6th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Nebrich is a great QB but he does throw it away quicker and more often than any QB I've ever seen. Fordham's OL doing a much better job compared with the six sack first quarter.

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Here we go again can never b easy Damn block punt Rams at UNH 22

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2014, 02:51 PM
UNH has just been super undisciplined all day. Still, credit to Fordham for still hanging in here.

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 02:55 PM
UNH has just been super undisciplined all day. Still, credit to Fordham for still hanging in here.

Wren you have been around long enough to know it's the playoffs been like that for ever, usually stupid penalties, today just everything else xnodx

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Nice d Cats 9 sacks today

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 03:06 PM

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Well if Chattanooga holds on, this is what they did this year:

08/28/14
@ Cent. Michigan (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/central-mich)
L 20-16
(0-1)

09/06/14
Jacksonville St. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/jacksonville-st)
L 26-23
(0-2)

09/13/14
@ Austin Peay (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/austin-peay)
W 42-6
(1-2)

09/27/14
Samford (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/samford)
W 38-24
(2-2)

10/04/14
VMI (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/vmi)
W 55-7
(3-2)

10/11/14
@ Tennessee (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/tennessee)
L 45-10
(3-3)

10/18/14
@ Citadel (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/citadel)
W 34-14
(4-3)

10/25/14
Mercer (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/mercer)
W 38-31
(5-3)

11/01/14
@ Western Caro. (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/western-caro)
W 51-0
(6-3)

11/08/14
Wofford (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/wofford)
W 31-13
(7-3)

11/15/14
@ Tennessee Tech (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/tennessee-tech)
W 38-17
(8-3)

11/22/14
@ Furman (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/furman)
W 45-19
(9-3)

12/06/14
Indiana State (http://www.ncaa.com/schools/indiana-st)

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Thats bush league Fordham DB, stay classy Fordham

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Over all good game Cats have a little cleaning up to do, the kicking game scares the hell out of me. but it's great to be hosting a 3rd round game in Durham

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2014, 03:14 PM
UNH will have their hands full with Chattanooga. This game was closer than the 44-19 score right now.

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2014, 03:15 PM
Fordham taking some real cheapies on some guys right now, which is unfortunate. Completely unnecessary block by #64 on #9 after the play.

INT UNH.

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 03:16 PM
lets not b running Andy at this point, we need both QB healthy

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 03:19 PM
44-19 final it looks like. Pretty proud of picking 41-24 UNH.

Old Cat Fan
December 6th, 2014, 03:25 PM
On to the NDSU game
http://www.usagoals.com/ncaa-football/1054779/1/south-dakota-state-vs-north-dakota-state-live-stream-online.html

Mattymc727
December 6th, 2014, 03:26 PM
UNH will have their hands full with Chattanooga. This game was closer than the 44-19 score right now.

I actually thought it shouldn't have been that close. UNH had bad turnovers and awful tackling. Had UNH never had those fumbles, this game would have been over at the half.

Bison56
December 6th, 2014, 03:31 PM
44-19 final it looks like. Pretty proud of picking 41-24 UNH.

I had 45-21 not bad.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 03:40 PM
I don't think there were many surprises in this game. UNH was clearly the better but Fordham had the ability to make some explosive plays to keep it interesting at times. Edmonds and the Rams secondary were the bright spots today. UNH is needs to clean things up if they want to parlay the #1 seed into a trip to Frisco.

It'll be interesting to see where Fordham goes from here. Edmonds is a great player but outside of him I don't know where their offense is headed next year. They simply aren't good enough in trenches to compete with the best in FCS. I think they were a better team last year overall. Hopefully the PL continues to improve overall. Fordham's 4 years of scholarships made a difference for them but overall it didn't take the Rams or the PL to the next level yet.

FordhamFan
December 6th, 2014, 03:47 PM
^^ he nailed it. Just not good enough on th lines. Got totally dominated. Margin of error was thin and Fordham just didn't come close to getting it done.

Congrats to UNH.

heath
December 6th, 2014, 03:50 PM
may have been asked already,but....After Nova and UNH games,would Fordham have gone .500 in the CAA? They really lose a lot of starters so I also wonder about their future.xconfusedx

Fordham
December 6th, 2014, 03:59 PM
I don't think there were many surprises in this game. UNH was clearly the better but Fordham had the ability to make some explosive plays to keep it interesting at times. Edmonds and the Rams secondary were the bright spots today. UNH is needs to clean things up if they want to parlay the #1 seed into a trip to Frisco.

It'll be interesting to see where Fordham goes from here. Edmonds is a great player but outside of him I don't know where their offense is headed next year. They simply aren't good enough in trenches to compete with the best in FCS. I think they were a better team last year overall. Hopefully the PL continues to improve overall. Fordham's 4 years of scholarships made a difference for them but overall it didn't take the Rams or the PL to the next level yet.
I agree with this. We had a few shots and a few bad calls against us imo but overall it doesn't matfer. UNH simply better

UNH72Plus
December 6th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Great defensive game by UNH and a mediocre offensive performance, particularly from Goldrich. Fordham has been averaging 506 ypg total offense and today were held to 327, and if you take away 2 plays, the 91 yard run by Edmonds and the 50 yard pass to Jones, they only had 186 yards total offense.

JoltinJoe
December 6th, 2014, 04:25 PM
I agree with this. We had a few shots and a few bad calls against us imo but overall it doesn't matfer. UNH simply better

The refs sucked, and it's frustrating when you think your guys about to draw even or near even, and they drop the flag, reverse a reception, or hand over a FG chance when the half should have expired. And the ref who called the personal foul on the play along the sideline in the 4th Q should have to wear a dress for future games.

But we lost this game because UNH just pushed us around when they had to. They were bigger and stronger, and they served notice of that fact early and often. And that's what it takes to win. They came out with the attitude that no one was coming into their place and taking a game from them.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 04:28 PM
The refs sucked, and it's frustrating when you think your guys about to draw even or near even, and they drop the flag, reverse a reception, or hand over a FG chance when the half should have expired. And the ref who called the personal foul on the play along the sideline in the 4th Q should have to wear a dress for future games.

But we lost this game because UNH just pushed us around when they had to. They were bigger and stronger, and they served notice of that fact early and often. And that's what it takes to win. They came out with the attitude that no one was coming into their place and taking a game from them.

You forgot the holding call, but I agree with you. I don't think a Patriot League team has beaten UNH in the dungeon since the inception of the league? Certainly in the playoffs that's the case.

JoltinJoe
December 6th, 2014, 04:29 PM
may have been asked already,but....After Nova and UNH games,would Fordham have gone .500 in the CAA? They really lose a lot of starters so I also wonder about their future.xconfusedx

Naw, if we were a CAA team, we would get the CAA calls.

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2014, 04:32 PM

Uh, that was a clear late hit; Goldrich had taken a step out of bounds .. completely unnecessary play and a clear, textbook personal foul. The reception was a drop, so not sure why you're complaining there. Clearly didn't control when it hit the ground. And again, your player took a knee with :15 to go and attempted to run the clock out. Clearly the right call. Should've gotten up and the clock would've run out. Feels like sour grapes.

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 04:43 PM

Seriously Joe I'll just say you need glasses if you don't think that was a late hit out of bounds. That is a late hit all day every day at every level from pop warner to the NFL..........Secondly 'your player' went down with a injury right where the ball was to be placed, easy injury timeout call and an appropriate call.

Terry2889
December 6th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Naw, if we were a CAA team, we would get the CAA calls.

They would have had a very difficult time with Richmond, W & M, Stoney Brook, and JMU. Depends on who was on their schedule. If they were blessed with our joke schedule this year they probably would have won 6 or 7.

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Seriously Joe I'll just say you need glasses if you don't think that was a late hit out of bounds. That is a late hit all day every day at every level from pop warner to the NFL..........Secondly 'your player' went down with a injury right where the ball was to be placed, easy injury timeout call and an appropriate call.

And not only was that a late hit, it was a bush league hit period. Not very classy Fordham.

BNiche
December 6th, 2014, 04:52 PM
The beauty of ESPN3 is the ability to replay the game. Was he out-of-bounds? You make the judgment.

Clicking the picture will blow it up a little, but I can try and get a bigger screenshot if you guys like.

Mattymc727
December 6th, 2014, 04:54 PM
The beauty of ESPN3 is the ability to replay the game. Was he out-of-bounds? You make the judgment.

Clicking the picture will blow it up a little, but I can try and get a bigger screenshot if you guys like.

Yes, when he made contact with the player, it was very out of bounds.

BNiche
December 6th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Opposite angle definitely seems to show him getting hit while a foot was out-of-bounds. I thought the call was correct personally, but hey, depends on how you look at it.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 04:58 PM
I don't think UNH was light years better than Fordham. The biggest difference was clearly in the trenches. Athletically, Fordham matched UNH imo. I still can't get over how goo Edmonds is. Also, #32 on defense for Fordham played a tremendous game. The secondary in general was awesome. RJ Harris is a monster and Fordham kept in check all game.

There is a few things to build off of if your Fordham but they'll enter next year with more questions than answers. I don't see how you replace all those WR's and keep defenses from keying on Edmonds unless the OL improves dramatically.

BNiche
December 6th, 2014, 04:59 PM
Yes, when he made contact with the player, it was very out of bounds.

Yep, just saw the opposite angle and posted that screenshot. Clearly out-of-bounds.

JoltinJoe
December 6th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Uh, that was a clear late hit; Goldrich had taken a step out of bounds .. completely unnecessary play and a clear, textbook personal foul. The reception was a drop, so not sure why you're complaining there. Clearly didn't control when it hit the ground. And again, your player took a knee with :15 to go and attempted to run the clock out. Clearly the right call. Should've gotten up and the clock would've run out. Feels like sour grapes.

It was a soft call. You're going full tilt at an angle to make a play and cut off the sideline, and you're supposed to stop immediately because the QB takes a half step out of bounds? You have no idea on that play how close you are to the sideline. It's not like he was a full step or two out of bounds.

JoltinJoe
December 6th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Opposite angle definitely seems to show him getting hit while a foot was out-of-bounds. I thought the call was correct personally, but hey, depends on how you look at it.

I think that makes it pretty clear his foot is mid-air. I don't know how anyone thinks a guy with something like 4.5 speed, hauling it to get to that spot, can just stop at that point. The hit at that point is unavoidable. He didn't do anything cheap. Didn't lower his shoulder. Didn't target the head. Didn't tackle. In fact, he pulled up as best he and just contacted with his shoulder.

And frankly, when you are hauling it like that, coming from an angle, focusing on the runner's hips, you have no idea precisely where the OOB line is.

A soft, ridiculous call.

Terry2889
December 6th, 2014, 05:13 PM
I don't think UNH was light years better than Fordham. The biggest difference was clearly in the trenches. Athletically, Fordham matched UNH imo. I still can't get over how goo Edmonds is. Also, #32 on defense for Fordham played a tremendous game. The secondary in general was awesome. RJ Harris is a monster and Fordham kept in check all game.

There is a few things to build off of if your Fordham but they'll enter next year with more questions than answers. I don't see how you replace all those WR's and keep defenses from keying on Edmonds unless the OL improves dramatically.

I humbly disagree. If UNH didn't have those two bonehead redzone turnovers they very likely would have scored 55-60. Spears did whatever he wanted, sometimes carrying 3 Rams on his back. If you take away the 90 yard run and the 51 yard pass, Fordham only had 170 yards of sustained offense. I don't think UNH can win the National Championship, but they are light years ahead of Fordham.

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2014, 05:49 PM
I think that makes it pretty clear his foot is mid-air. I don't know how anyone thinks a guy with something like 4.5 speed, hauling it to get to that spot, can just stop at that point. The hit at that point is unavoidable. He didn't do anything cheap. Didn't lower his shoulder. Didn't target the head. Didn't tackle. In fact, he pulled up as best he and just contacted with his shoulder.

And frankly, when you are hauling it like that, coming from an angle, focusing on the runner's hips, you have no idea precisely where the OOB line is.

A soft, ridiculous call.

Those grapes man, those grapes. Textbook penalty; when they show referees how to call a late hit penalty, they show that play.

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Those grapes man, those grapes. Textbook penalty; when they show referees how to call a late hit penalty, they show that play.

100% agree if his angle was downfield then you are right he was basically going straight out of bounds DB needs to pull up if he just pushed him a bit no call also but he cranked Goldrich and that 'will' get called all day long.

Fordham
December 6th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Watch the replay of the game and watch how #32 played the entire game. He was playing hard but picking up the UNH kids and patting them on the helmet. Watch the play again and you'll see that it wasn't anywhere near over the top. Was it mis-timed and was the flag ok to throw - maybe. But the idea that Ian Williams got so frustrated that he made a cheap hit is ridiculous. Like JoltinJoe said, you're rushing up that fast to go after a QB who has run all over you all day long - pull back and that kid either lowers his shoulder and runs you over or possibly gets around you. You can't afford that. I'm very surprised it's even a consideration - I thought our kids played classy all day and were congratulatory to UNH.

You guys were clearly the better team imo. Tougher, especially in the trenches. I'm pleased with the adjustments we made after getting absolutely crushed to start the game. Edmonds is a keeper. Other than that, it was a sign that the physicality of the CAA is on a different level than the PL to me. Those kids were big and tough.

I'm about to change my avatar to UNH. I'd love to see all other Fordham fans do the same until they win it or are knocked out (but do what you will).

WrenFGun
December 6th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Watch the replay of the game and watch how #32 played the entire game. He was playing hard but picking up the UNH kids and patting them on the helmet. Watch the play again and you'll see that it wasn't anywhere near over the top. Was it mis-timed and was the flag ok to throw - maybe. But the idea that Ian Williams got so frustrated that he made a cheap hit is ridiculous. Like JoltinJoe said, you're rushing up that fast to go after a QB who has run all over you all day long - pull back and that kid either lowers his shoulder and runs you over or possibly gets around you. You can't afford that. I'm very surprised it's even a consideration - I thought our kids played classy all day and were congratulatory to UNH.

You guys were clearly the better team imo. Tougher, especially in the trenches. I'm pleased with the adjustments we made after getting absolutely crushed to start the game. Edmonds is a keeper. Other than that, it was a sign that the physicality of the CAA is on a different level than the PL to me. Those kids were big and tough.

I'm about to change my avatar to UNH. I'd love to see all other Fordham fans do the same until they win it or are knocked out (but do what you will).

I didn't think the play was dirty, just a penalty. I thought there was a block down field later that was more questionable, but nothing too dirtyish.

Mattymc727
December 6th, 2014, 05:59 PM
I agree, not dirty, but definitely a penalty.

Fordham has some real talented players besides Nebrich. I was also impressed that they didn't quit or fold after the first 14 points. It looked like disaster and they held on. UNH was the better team in the end. Fordham should be proud of their season and will probably still be dominant in the Patriot league.

As for next week. Chatty has a real good shot of beating the wildcats.

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 06:05 PM

Player was clearly headed out of bounds

JoltinJoe
December 6th, 2014, 06:08 PM

Fordham has some real talented players besides Nebrich. I was also impressed that they didn't quit or fold after the first 14 points. It looked like disaster and they held on. UNH was the better team in the end. Fordham should be proud of their season and will probably still be dominant in the Patriot league.

I don't see how it's a penalty when you pull up like. He did the best he could, given the contact was unavoidable. There are laws of physics at work here. He pulled up, and contacted him with his shoulder, when he realized the QB was slowing down. The kid was trying to make a play and pull out a miracle. It was hard, fair football.

Thanks for the kind comments. Our guys played a pretty gutty game today. It was like a heavyweight bout when the champion comes out and decks the challenger early, and the challenger goes down to the canvas. Everyone thinks the bout is going to be a walk-over. But our guys got up off the canvas, and made it a decent fight. I think we made you earn it, and I certainly didn't think I would be saying that two possessions into the game.

In the end, you guys beat us up on the lines, and really limited the explosiveness of our passing game by not giving the receivers time downfield to create. Fordham is an explosive offensive team and we are going to hit for a number of big plays a game. You guys limited us really to two big plays.

I don't see Chatty beating UNH. You guys are beasts. Good, solid, fundamental and physical players. Easily the best team in the East. Just no more trick plays. You don't need it.

Bisonator
December 6th, 2014, 06:13 PM
Congrats Cats!

Fordham
December 6th, 2014, 06:14 PM

Thank you. And, fwiw, Nebrich was not Nebrich today in the least. Part of that is because he was shell shocked by the way your DL was manhandling our OL but part of it clearly was that he's still not fully recovered from his ACL surgery this past Spring. The kid is so so tough and would never come out for a down if he wasn't forced to. The best way to put it, however, was that what your QB did to us all day long is what Nebrich did to other D's all year long last year. That is such a dramatic difference to our O since the threat to run if receivers are covered is simply not there. That said, we were dramatically better with a gimpy Nebrich than without him and we will miss him. Arguably best QB in our history.

Pulling for UNH the rest of the way ...

JoltinJoe
December 6th, 2014, 06:19 PM

You must be a soccer fan. xeyebrowx

Skycop27
December 6th, 2014, 07:16 PM
For the record: prediction was UNH 34 Fordham 21 (who cares).
Fordham had some very skilled players, defensive secondary played
a hell of a game. I give Fordham credit for creating turnovers and
taking advantage of them to hang in the game. If they had created
6 turnovers, they would have won the game. That being said, UNH
was a pre-season top 4 team, and still is. In spite of the poor performance,
there is enough offensive weapons and depth to wear down the opponent.
From here on forward, UNH shall now be known as a defensive team - they
set the tone and carry the offense. Sans two big plays, they held a very
talented offense in check. In tournament time, you win, you move on. Bring
on Chattanooga into the Dungeon next week, hopefully it will be their worst
nightmare. GO CATS!!!!!!!

ngineer
December 6th, 2014, 08:00 PM
Congrats 'cats! Sounds like a typical game in the Dungeon. Looking forward to hosting the 'cats next September back in Goodman...and, hopefully, it will be an early marquee game was the defending National Champion come to town! (;-) Should make for a great home opener. Good luck against the Mocs.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 7th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Congrats 'cats! Sounds like a typical game in the Dungeon. Looking forward to hosting the 'cats next September back in Goodman...and, hopefully, it will be an early marquee game was the defending National Champion come to town! (;-) Should make for a great home opener. Good luck against the Mocs.

Do you have some inside info ngineer? UNH has announced their 2015 schedule and the OOC is San Jose State, Colgate and Central CT. Did you guys make a deal with Colgate????????

ColgateTD
December 7th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Do you have some inside info ngineer? UNH has announced their 2015 schedule and the OOC is San Jose State, Colgate and Central CT. Did you guys make a deal with Colgate????????

No deal. Looking forward to the 'Cats coming to Andy Kerr next autumn.....maybe as NC?? Congrats on beating our PL brethern.

Touchdown17
December 8th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Fordham Fan.. I didn't post after the game. Anyway congrats to UNH you controlled both lines of scrimmage and I was a bit surprised by that. I thought Fordham got a bad call on the Wetzel catch on the 1 in the 2nd quarter -- which would of likely given us the lead (1st and goal).. regardless, you did push us around up front and Goldrich hurt us more with his legs than his arm. your head coach is pretty innovative with those offensive formations. anyway hope you guys run the table. congrats again.

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2014, 02:45 PM

So which is it? I thought I read it was Lehigh? Or maybe that perpetual game against the Pards???

Gordon Shumway
December 8th, 2014, 04:56 PM
So which is it? I thought I read it was Lehigh? Or maybe that perpetual game against the Pards???

After playing Lehigh 4 of the last 5 years, they may be out the picture for a while. Colgate is definitely on tap next year, and it will be Holy Cross 2016-2019. Of course it is not out of the question there could be 2 PL games in any of those years. It happened in 2011 & 2013.

NY Crusader 2010
December 8th, 2014, 09:05 PM
Looking forward to the UNH-HC series. I'd be ecstatic if we won even one of those games. We played you guys within a touchdown in the dungeon in 2011 -- the return trip to Worcester in 2012 was a bit of a beat down IIRC.

Catsfan90
December 9th, 2014, 12:11 AM
Looking forward to the UNH-HC series. I'd be ecstatic if we won even one of those games. We played you guys within a touchdown in the dungeon in 2011 -- the return trip to Worcester in 2012 was a bit of a beat down IIRC.
Yah that 2011 game was way to close for comfort. That was an extremely entertaining/ hard fought game!

UNHWildcat18
December 9th, 2014, 12:57 PM

Hopefully the depth of the scholarships start kicking in next year and the year after for you guys, but you return a lot of starters and we lose a lot so I hope next year will be a very competitive game. im glad you guys are the home opener in 2016 when the stadium is finished!!

Sader87
December 9th, 2014, 01:17 PM
Hopefully the depth of the scholarships start kicking in next year and the year after for you guys, but you return a lot of starters and we lose a lot so I hope next year will be a very competitive game. im glad you guys are the home opener in 2016 when the stadium is finished!!

HC-UNH series stahts in 2016 not next year.......

UNHWildcat18
December 10th, 2014, 05:32 PM
HC-UNH series stahts in 2016 not next year.......

"DOH!"