PDA

View Full Version : Round 2: Liberty @ Villanova

Pages : [1] 2

kdinva
November 29th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Robertson is a very good QB.......but Woodrum ain't no slouch either......both Def. Coord. will have work to do....

Kramden
November 29th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Robertson is a very good QB.......but Woodrum ain't no slouch either......both Def. Coord. will have work to do....

I was impressed with Liberty. A very well coached team. I would say you have a shot against Nova since they have been a bit inconsistent this year. Good Luck.

Sly Fox
November 29th, 2014, 06:53 PM
We are beside ourselves right now that we are in this position. That said, we will be coming to play in Philly. It seems we have a potentially All-American QB facing us every week ... Ross, Lee and now Robertson.

Just checked flights to PHI and I now have sticker shock.

melloware13
November 29th, 2014, 06:56 PM

Try BWI and/or EWR, both would leave you with less than a 90 mile drive and could save on the flight

Gangtackle11
November 29th, 2014, 07:00 PM
Congrats to Liberty! Our boys are in for quite a tussle for sure.

Nice ride up 83 to Pennsy Turnpike to 476 south. It's not bad.

LehighU11
November 29th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Try BWI and/or EWR, both would leave you with less than a 90 mile drive and could save on the flight
From EWR, you can take Amtrak from one of the terminals to Philadelphia and then jump on SEPTA for a short train ride to Villanova.

MacThor
November 29th, 2014, 07:28 PM
I was impressed with Liberty. A very well coached team. I would say you have a shot against Nova since they have been a bit inconsistent this year. Good Luck.

We're talking about Turner Gill, right?

Anovafan
November 29th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Distance is under the 400 mile ncaa rule so I think liberty has to bus it. Hopefully they will run out of gas, on the field. Two tough games in a row. I hope nova gets up early and stays up. As much as I am happy not to see vad lee again, liberty has their mojo going.

Sly Fox
November 29th, 2014, 07:34 PM
We're certainly not talking Danny Rocco. I'll check the alternate airports, guys.

smilo
November 29th, 2014, 07:37 PM
I've been an advocate of Liberty since about Week 2 even through the bad loss, but I'd much rather be playing them than JMU. The Coastal win was just a little too lucky, and I have a ton of confidence that Villanova will win this one. I'd rather be Villanova good than Liberty lucky right now because luck won't help them keep pace with our offense.

danefan
November 29th, 2014, 07:52 PM
We're certainly not talking Danny Rocco. I'll check the alternate airports, guys.

Where are you flying from?

Check out Trenton as well. Frontier has some extremely cheap flights to Trenton which is very close to Philly.

Cleets
November 29th, 2014, 08:03 PM
I predicted Liberty would make a bunch of mistakes against JMU...
And they did - they made a metric ton of mistakes - and still won - AMAZING..!!!

Congratulations Liberty

heath
November 29th, 2014, 08:42 PM
Woodrum vs Robertson?xlolxxlolxxlolx JV vs Varsity

HailSzczur
November 29th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Very upset to be missing this one. Hopefully our buddy KC can help us out and get us a home game if we advance.

CHIP72
November 29th, 2014, 09:52 PM
From EWR, you can take Amtrak from one of the terminals to Philadelphia and then jump on SEPTA for a short train ride to Villanova.

You can do the same from BWI.

Comparing the two airports in terms of using Amtrak to Philadelphia:

1) EWR is closer to 30th Street Station (the primary Amtrak station in Philadelphia) than BWI is.

2) EWR has a more convenient connection between the airport terminal and railroad station than BWI does. (EWR has a rail shuttle, while BWI has a bus shuttle, assuming you don't use the Baltimore light rail to Baltimore Penn Station from BWI.)

3) EWR also has a NJ Transit/SEPTA option (with a transfer at Trenton) to 30th Street Station, while BWI only has the more expensive Amtrak option.

4) BWI usually has lower fares than many other Northeast/Mid-Atlantic airports because Southwest Airlines has more service to BWI than to EWR (or PHL).

I should note one could also use the Market-Frankford Line and Norristown High Speed Line to get to Villanova from 30th Street Station as an alternative to using the Paoli/Thorndale Regional Rail Line.

CHIP72
November 29th, 2014, 10:06 PM
We are beside ourselves right now that we are in this position. That said, we will be coming to play in Philly. It seems we have a potentially All-American QB facing us every week ... Ross, Lee and now Robertson.

I have a brother who lives in Houston so I've flown there a few times from DC, and I know the fares are relatively high. For your sake I wish they weren't.

In addition to Newark and Baltimore, I wouldn't rule out JFK or DC National as options. The only bad thing about flying to any of those airports is Amtrak on the Northeast Corridor isn't exactly cheap either.

knucklehead
November 29th, 2014, 10:27 PM
Got to figure out a way to get off and get to this game. Flames are rollin. What an experience tonight!

bjtheflamesfan
November 29th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Woodrum vs Robertson?xlolxxlolxxlolx JV vs Varsity

I believe JMU fans felt the same way before today...

HailSzczur
November 29th, 2014, 10:52 PM
I have a brother who lives in Houston so I've flown there a few times from DC, and I know the fares are relatively high. For your sake I wish they weren't.

In addition to Newark and Baltimore, I wouldn't rule out JFK or DC National as options. The only bad thing about flying to any of those airports is Amtrak on the Northeast Corridor isn't exactly cheap either.

I see a Crescent Line Amtrak leaving Lynchburg at 5:56 am on Saturday getting into Philly by 12:08 pm. Running $105 though.....

Sader87
November 29th, 2014, 10:56 PM
What if one were to take a hot-air balloon or Zeppelin from Lynchburg to Villanova? Cost? Availability?

windwalker
November 30th, 2014, 04:50 AM
I've been an advocate of Liberty since about Week 2 even through the bad loss, but I'd much rather be playing them than JMU. The Coastal win was just a little too lucky, and I have a ton of confidence that Villanova will win this one. I'd rather be Villanova good than Liberty lucky right now because luck won't help them keep pace with our offense.

That's what we said a week ago. xthumbsupx

CHIP72
November 30th, 2014, 06:23 AM
What if one were to take a hot-air balloon or Zeppelin from Lynchburg to Villanova? Cost? Availability?

Radnor Township (Delaware County, PA) will have nothing to with hot-air balloons or blimps landing in their jurisdiction.

knucklehead
November 30th, 2014, 09:38 AM
That's what we said a week ago. xthumbsupx

What JMU said too. Defense is playing great but the slow down pace of the offense has been a game changer. If you offense gets the ball less, less chances to score.

knucklehead
November 30th, 2014, 12:31 PM
so, anyone want to give a good Villanova breakdown?

tribefan40
November 30th, 2014, 12:36 PM
If the game was in Lynchburg, I'd take the flames, just playing really solid ball right now. Although it will be closer than some are predicting, there's just something about Nova at home in the playoffs. Nova takes it 31-24

Gangtackle11
November 30th, 2014, 01:07 PM
so, anyone want to give a good Villanova breakdown?

Record: 10-2 (lost 27-26 @ Syracuse in 2 OT & @ Richmond 10-9) both games exposed weak kicking game as Nova missed a game winning 25 yd. FG at end of regulation at Cuse & missed XP which would had the game tied)

Offense: Cats run a no huddle spread offense. QB Robertson looks like a choir boy, but will carve you up in a heartbeat. He is deadly accurate passer. He lacks the big arm and will complete 70% of his short to mid range passes. He will kill teams equally with his legs as his accurate arm. Has a very good group of receivers led by senior WR Poppy Livers. Big TE Ernest Pettway is red zone target. Rest are possession receivers. No real burners. Backs are small in statue, but Monanghi is a strong runner. Medley and Underwood (expected back) are capable 2-3 backs. Underwood has game breaker ability. Offensive Line is big enough & has experience. Offense is well balanced and potent. Kicking game is suspect even at extra points.

Defense: play an unusual 3-3-5 base defense. MLB Don Cherry is a tackling machine and a AA candidate. Lost a key member of LB core with season ending injury to rock solid Dylan Lucas. DL is solid if not spectacular. Not big, but have played well all season. DE Reggie Paris & NT Pat Williams the best of group. DBs are outstanding. McCurry and Sarnese are experienced leaders. Start a talented frosh in Reaves on the corner. I'm sure Liberty will test them outside in.

Team is very solid on both sides of the ball. They tend to start slow and keep teams around longer than they should. I think it will be a close game, but I'd say Nova will find a way to prevail and move on. Of course, I say that with bias.

knucklehead
November 30th, 2014, 01:46 PM
Nice work. Thanks for the info.

Catsfan90
November 30th, 2014, 02:07 PM
Very very excited for this game. Not only do I love watching other CAA teams play, I am thoroughly impressed with the level of Libertys play. I wasn't sure what to think about liberty while going into the game at JMU yesterday, but they handled themselves better than anyone could have imagined. They went into a tough stadium to play, and never lost their composure against a team that has been rolling. I will definately be keeping my eyes on this game. Good luck to both teams involved!

LehighU11
November 30th, 2014, 10:00 PM
Will there be more Liberty fans than Nova fans present for this game? LU brought a pretty decent crowd up to Bethlehem back in 2011 to play Lehigh.

Villanova is notorious for poor attendance. It's hoops season and they play rival St. Joe's earlier in the day.

HailSzczur
November 30th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Will there be more Liberty fans than Nova fans present for this game? LU brought a pretty decent crowd up to Bethlehem back in 2011 to play Lehigh.

Villanova is notorious for poor attendance. It's hoops season and they play rival St. Joe's earlier in the day.

Gonna put out a prediction of 3,200 + whatever Liberty brings. Probably end of day around upper 3 thousands.

The St. Joe's game really hurts the odds of a good attendance. Not sure that too many people are going to start watching Nova games at 1:00 and go all the way until 7:30 when this one ends. Big commitment. And with the NCAA getting involved, it's not like you can offer free admission to the football game with a basketball stub, like they were doing the other weekend

VUCats02
December 1st, 2014, 07:25 AM
Gonna put out a prediction of 3,200 + whatever Liberty brings. Probably end of day around upper 3 thousands.

The St. Joe's game really hurts the odds of a good attendance. Not sure that too many people are going to start watching Nova games at 1:00 and go all the way until 7:30 when this one ends. Big commitment. And with the NCAA getting involved, it's not like you can offer free admission to the football game with a basketball stub, like they were doing the other weekend

The Hawk is Dead!

Anovafan
December 1st, 2014, 08:27 AM

If the weatherman is correct and it rains, I would say 2,000. In a strange sort of way, Nova's lack of attendance has become a bit of a home-field advantage. Opposing teams come in rather unimpressed and start slow. Nova is used to playing in front of nobody and it doesn't faze them at all.

Libertine
December 1st, 2014, 08:43 AM
LU brought a pretty decent crowd up to Bethlehem back in 2011 to play Lehigh.

The irony of that is that we didn't actually "bring" a large chunk of that Liberty crowd to the Lehigh game. A good many were Liberty Online students living in eastern PA who had never set foot on Liberty's campus. Liberty's athletics marketing department put out the word to those online students in the region and they just showed up.

CHIP72
December 1st, 2014, 09:51 AM

See, I'm of the opinion that people attending the Holy War game are MORE likely to attend the Liberty/Villanova game because they are already on campus and figure they can attend both events. (Not that it makes too much of a difference, but there are probably a few - not many, but a few - St. Joe's basketball fans who will attend the basketball game that also root for Villanova football; Andy Talley was complementary of the 2003-2004 St. Joe's basketball team and I think the issue SJU fans have with VU is purely basketball-related. Of course, St. Joe's also doesn't have a football program.) The 4:30 PM start does hurt that possibility though; fans would have been more likely to go if the football game occurred hard on the heels of the basketball game, and started at 3:30 PM or 4 PM.

I'm guessing Villanova wanted to at least partially clear the parking lots of people attending the basketball game so they can better handle the traffic for the football game.

Regardless of what the in-stadium attendance actually is, yours truly intends to account for one of the people in attendance. :) (Incidentally, I'll be at the La Salle/Temple basketball game at the Palestra earlier in the afternoon; I was planning on attending that game even before Villanova was able to earn a home playoff game on 12/6.)

- - - Updated - - -

The Hawk is Dead!

The Hawk Will Never Die!!!

VUCats02
December 1st, 2014, 10:05 AM
If the weatherman is correct and it rains, I would say 2,000. In a strange sort of way, Nova's lack of attendance has become a bit of a home-field advantage. Opposing teams come in rather unimpressed and start slow. Nova is used to playing in front of nobody and it doesn't faze them at all.

I've actually thought about this before, and it is very interesting. Big time game, Nova knows nobody will be there, Liberty is coming off an emotional win in front of a huge crowd at a really nice stadium. They will step foot into Villanova stadium, and will be wondering where the hell they are. I actually do think the lack of attendance favors Nova as well. Even if it was a full crowd, it wouldn't be enough people to cause enough noise to affect the opposing team in a negative way, so might as well go for as empty a stadium as possible.

Flames Fan 10
December 1st, 2014, 10:16 AM
we play in the big south. an empty away game is nothing new.

VUCats02
December 1st, 2014, 10:25 AM
we play in the big south. an empty away game is nothing new.

Do they at least allow tailgating in the Big South?

knucklehead
December 1st, 2014, 10:57 AM
Absolutely. I am already amped for this game. Our Defense has been hot and getting great pressure from the line. This will be a huge challenge though so we shall see. Got to keep the turnovers down though.

HailSzczur
December 1st, 2014, 11:17 AM
@Kyle_DeArmon (https://twitter.com/Kyle_DeArmon)
18 student busses headed to Villanova? Let’s red out that stadium!! #BeatNova (https://twitter.com/hashtag/BeatNova?src=hash)

CHIP72
December 1st, 2014, 12:43 PM
The thing that annoys me about the Liberty turnout is that it will prevent me from sitting in my choice seats on the visitor's side (so I can sit closer to midfield). On the other hand, some of the better seats on the home side will probably be available because it isn't a regular season game, so perhaps I can sit in front of the press box near the top of the stands.

HailSzczur
December 1st, 2014, 12:51 PM
The thing that annoys me about the Liberty turnout is that it will prevent me from sitting in my choice seats on the visitor's side (so I can sit closer to midfield). On the other hand, some of the better seats on the home side will probably be available because it isn't a regular season game, so perhaps I can sit in front of the press box near the top of the stands.

At least in years past the ticket office has tried to consolidate the season ticket holders in the sections in front of the press box (my family always refuses, opting for our usual seats down in SF)

HailSzczur
December 1st, 2014, 01:16 PM
From Andy's Presser Today

"We get Ross Hall back, our center, we get Jake Prus back, one of our offensive guards, and we get Tanoh Kpassagnon back. The only guy who is still questionable is Gary Underwood; I'm not sure we'll get him back this week."

Nova09
December 1st, 2014, 02:43 PM
From Andy's Presser Today

"We get Ross Hall back, our center, we get Jake Prus back, one of our offensive guards, and we get Tanoh Kpassagnon back. The only guy who is still questionable is Gary Underwood; I'm not sure we'll get him back this week."

So did he not mention Dillon because he was already known to be out, or because he was never questionable they knew all along he was fine? From what I've heard he's out but still haven't gotten anything official.

Anovafan
December 1st, 2014, 06:40 PM
So did he not mention Dillon because he was already known to be out, or because he was never questionable they knew all along he was fine? From what I've heard he's out but still haven't gotten anything official.

Sadly, Dillon tore his ACL and is out for the rest of the playoffs. Underwood is out as well, would have been nice to get him back.

Ivytalk
December 1st, 2014, 06:48 PM
Catholics over Falwells by 10+.

HailSzczur
December 1st, 2014, 08:42 PM
Sadly, Dillon tore his ACL and is out for the rest of the playoffs. Underwood is out as well, would have been nice to get him back.

Lucas is HUGE loss. Sounds like Underwood might be back for a possible Quater game

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 1st, 2014, 10:18 PM
Does anyone know if Villanova put in a bid for the third round? I'll still back east for the holidays and a 'Nova-UNI game would be very appealing...

Nova09
December 2nd, 2014, 08:28 AM
Does anyone know if Villanova put in a bid for the third round? I'll still back east for the holidays and a 'Nova-UNI game would be very appealing...

Of course they would have put the minimum bid for each round, they always expected to be seeded so all it takes is the minimum bid IF you are the better seed. But Nova-UNI is not possible, as Nova-Liberty winner gets Jax St-SHSU winner, so the way Nova would host would be win and have SHSU win.

forbidden
December 2nd, 2014, 10:09 AM
does everyone here really see this as a blowout for Villanova, and not even giving LU a chance?

VUCats02
December 2nd, 2014, 10:26 AM
does everyone here really see this as a blowout for Villanova, and not even giving LU a chance?

I don't think anybody here thinks that.

knucklehead
December 2nd, 2014, 10:57 AM
I didn't see anyone saying Nova blowout. I think it will be close the whole way and I have LU winning 30 to 27.

Fyi, The early line has Nova -10. Massey has Nova at #8 and Liberty @ #13.

knucklehead
December 2nd, 2014, 12:52 PM
Liberty hype video: Liberty Football 2014 NCAA FCS Playoffs Second Ro…: http://youtu.be/9oC6Wqknq1Q

Villanova Hype video: It's Playoff time: Liberty vs. Villanova: http://youtu.be/dYPqZMjKKx0

CHIP72
December 2nd, 2014, 05:59 PM

I see Villanova winning solidly, by say two touchdowns, but I don't see the Wildcats blowing out Liberty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knucklehead
December 2nd, 2014, 07:16 PM
Villanova coach on Lynchburg sports radio today. http://sportslineradio.podomatic.com/entry/2014-12-02T14_14_23-08_00

Gangtackle11
December 2nd, 2014, 08:41 PM
LIBERTY vs. VILLANOVA!

LIBERTY is weighing in with a rating of 68.7

VILLANOVA is weighing in with a rating of 71.9

According to the Born Power Index, VILLANOVA is projected to be 3.2 points stronger than LIBERTY

**projects winner 80% of time**

VUCats02
December 2nd, 2014, 09:04 PM
I think Nova will be losing at halftime, but hoping they can keep their composure when things don't go well early on. Talley had high praises on the Liberty team. Poppy Livers will be a huge X factor in the game. He needs to get open on man coverage, and if he does, he will be able to make some really big plays. The Nova O-line has played very strongly this whole year, and I expect Nova to have some success on the ground, but I also expect Liberty to have a lot of success on the ground. It's going to be a battle of time of possession.

knucklehead
December 2nd, 2014, 09:11 PM
LIBERTY vs. VILLANOVA!

LIBERTY is weighing in with a rating of 68.7

VILLANOVA is weighing in with a rating of 71.9

According to the Born Power Index, VILLANOVA is projected to be 3.2 points stronger than LIBERTY

**projects winner 80% of time**

But's it's 0-1 picking Liberty Playoff games. haha

knucklehead
December 2nd, 2014, 09:13 PM
I think Nova will be losing at halftime, but hoping they can keep their composure when things don't go well early on. Talley had high praises on the Liberty team. Poppy Livers will be a huge X factor in the game. He needs to get open on man coverage, and if he does, he will be able to make some really big plays. The Nova O-line has played very strongly this whole year, and I expect Nova to have some success on the ground, but I also expect Liberty to have a lot of success on the ground. It's going to be a battle of time of possession.

This sums it up really well. I do also think Liberty needs to control the line. And don't forget what makes that man coverage work for Liberty, Jacob Hagan. I thought it was interesting that Talley kind of downplayed his team. He basically said his receivers are not fast and that the QB is really the only star with a bunch of good role players. Then he went on to say that Liberty is full of stars. Playing games?

VUCats02
December 2nd, 2014, 09:32 PM
This sums it up really well. I do also think Liberty needs to control the line. And don't forget what makes that man coverage work for Liberty, Jacob Hagan. I thought it was interesting that Talley kind of downplayed his team. He basically said his receivers are not fast and that the QB is really the only star with a bunch of good role players. Then he went on to say that Liberty is full of stars. Playing games?

Yeah Talley sounded a bit full of BS with phrases like "Man your kicker is AMAZING" "Man your tailback is AMAZING" etc etc. He is right though when it comes to the Nova team. We don't have an all out standout skill position player like Norman White a few years ago. But everyone gets involved, and there will be 5-10 times during the game where Liberty will feel like they have Robertson cornered, and he will somehow, someway, break out of the pressure. I would definitely say Liberty is the hotter team right now. It's a tough game no matter what. I would have been really scared of JMU too in a revenge match. Too bad we couldn't have gotten Fordham.

Sly Fox
December 3rd, 2014, 08:48 AM
For the record, our kicker is amazing. Ask the Richmond, Coastal & JMU folks. His 60-yarder earlier this season would have been easily good from 65.

knucklehead
December 3rd, 2014, 09:10 AM
For the record, our kicker is amazing. Ask the Richmond, Coastal & JMU folks. His 60-yarder earlier this season would have been easily good from 65.
And I think he's something like 4-5 from beyond 50 this year.

Here's a good article on Liberty from VUHOOPS http://www.vuhoops.com/2014/12/3/7324849/liberty-at-villanova-football-preview-q-a-with-chris-lang-of-news

And a preview and prediction from Bleacher report.
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2285578-fcs-playoff-bracket-2014-preview-and-predictions-for-2nd-round?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2014, 09:21 AM
I picked Nova but would not be that surprised if they get upset .....

knucklehead
December 3rd, 2014, 10:23 AM
From Liberty's ticket office guru: " #FlamesNation had a strong presence at JMU last Saturday. Ticket sales are ahead of last week for game at Villanova. http://t.co/FSWdjBxWW9x"

He also said that the student demand has been so big, they are adding more busses. RED everywhere.

Anovafan
December 3rd, 2014, 10:31 AM
I think it will be a hard fought game but Nova will win by 10-14 pts. Liberty has had two tough games back to back and Nova is coming in rested and ready. Liberty is taking the bus on a long road trip and I don't think they will have their legs. The empty stadium will be a total downer. Nova will not overlook Liberty, they will be ready to play.

jmufan999
December 3rd, 2014, 10:40 AM
i never would have said this 2 weeks ago, but i'm picking Liberty in a tight one. and believe me, i'm not one of those people that will pick the team you just lost to, just so that the loss doesn't seem as bad. actually, i would tend to do the opposite. JMU lost to both these teams anyway, so you can throw that theory out.

wouldn't be at all surprised to see Nova win (i believe they were my preseason pick to make it to the national title game), but i'd bet on the Flames if i were wagering. i think Robertson will need to win with his arm as LU did a nice job on a mobile QB last week. Robertson is just a hair faster than Lee in terms of straight line speed (but not as thick), so there's that. but i think Robertson will need to beat LU through the air in order to win.

should be a fun one.

knucklehead
December 3rd, 2014, 12:01 PM
I think these guys heard about all the Liberty ticket sales. http://youtu.be/GGoFV-Lb8ng

4bidn1
December 3rd, 2014, 12:18 PM
The boys are making this a two day tripper so they keep there legs going halfway to DC area on first day then second day goin up to Philly, hell wish they could just fly again, either way should be a barn burner.

knucklehead
December 3rd, 2014, 10:50 PM
Coach Gill on the radio talking Nova tonight. http://sportslineradio.podomatic.com/entry/2014-12-03T14_15_05-08_00

ngineer
December 3rd, 2014, 11:16 PM
I think it will be a hard fought game but Nova will win by 10-14 pts. Liberty has had two tough games back to back and Nova is coming in rested and ready. Liberty is taking the bus on a long road trip and I don't think they will have their legs. The empty stadium will be a total downer. Nova will not overlook Liberty, they will be ready to play.

Can't believe Liberty is busing to the game. When we played down there two years ago we flew and I think it helped in getting that win. The kids were still fresh in the fourth quarter when we needed it to secure the win. With all the money they spend on that program, and athletics in general, I find that decision stunning. Liberty has a lot of athletic talent, so I would not be shocked if they pulled off the upset, but I'm still picking 'nova in a competitive game, 38-28.

knucklehead
December 4th, 2014, 05:36 AM
I thought I heard it was an ncaa requirement to bus in because it was under a certain distance. You know, fairness. Haha.

rokamortis
December 4th, 2014, 07:14 AM
I thought I heard it was an ncaa requirement to bus in because it was under a certain distance. You know, fairness. Haha.

Not fairness but cost. Anything within 400 miles is a bus trip. I think they should consider lowering it some. In this case Liberty is staying an extra night - how much more is that? Or allow the schools to pay the difference if they choose.

danefan
December 4th, 2014, 07:18 AM
NCAA will only reimburse ror a bus. Doesn't mean you have to take one.

4bidn1
December 4th, 2014, 07:43 AM
But, i guess it also shows that just because they have the money to fly they can be like everyone else and bus. 3 hour bus trips are not that long divided into two days.

knucklehead
December 4th, 2014, 08:18 AM
A look at series history. http://www.libertyflamesnation.com/series-history-liberty-vs-villanova/

rokamortis
December 4th, 2014, 08:33 AM
NCAA will only reimburse ror a bus. Doesn't mean you have to take one.

I wasn't sure that was an option, perhaps Liberty didn't either. They flew to Coastal which is closer than Nova and not nearly as congested - so I think if they had their choice they'd rather fly than bus.

knucklehead
December 4th, 2014, 12:41 PM
A Nova preview. http://m.newsadvance.com/sports/liberty_university/chris_lang_blog/ask-a-beat-writer-getting-to-know-villanova/article_4bc751f6-7af8-11e4-9e2a-4748739a524f.html?mode=jqm

CHIP72
December 4th, 2014, 03:25 PM
I wasn't sure that was an option, perhaps Liberty didn't either. They flew to Coastal which is closer than Nova and not nearly as congested - so I think if they had their choice they'd rather fly than bus.

It is possible they had greater concerns about the weather for the Coastal Carolina game. They also knew that game was taking place months in advance, while with the Villanova game they only had one week of lead time, and securing planes and flights isn't cheap on short notice.

knucklehead
December 4th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Liberty sold out it's ticket allotment

4bidn1
December 5th, 2014, 08:27 AM
It is possible they had greater concerns about the weather for the Coastal Carolina game. They also knew that game was taking place months in advance, while with the Villanova game they only had one week of lead time, and securing planes and flights isn't cheap on short notice.

I'd bet you on short notice they could secure to NDSU and just say,(ah heck i am saying) if they have to travel to alabama next week for JSU is that plane or bus, per NCAA

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 5th, 2014, 11:18 AM
According to Mapquest, it is 451 miles from Conway, SC to Jacksonville, AL. So I believe that would qualify for a flight per the NCAA regulations.

HailSzczur
December 5th, 2014, 01:47 PM
Just drove by the stadium. Liberty equipment truck is sitting outside. Interesting thing was 2 big sets of Musco lighting bank sets sitting in the road on either side of the press box

Anovafan
December 5th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Just drove by the stadium. Liberty equipment truck is sitting outside. Interesting thing was 2 big sets of Musco lighting bank sets sitting in the road on either side of the press box

I would bet that is for ESPN3 coverage and they said the existing lights were not bright enough. Been trying to get many broken light bulbs fixed this season to no avail. Only at Villanova....Liberty has 13 buses coming. They will outnumber the Nova contingent easily.

downbythebeach
December 5th, 2014, 07:15 PM
I'm gonna try to go to the game...I actually took two classes from LU online but live by Nova and have seen them more than any other team. Not sure who I should root for....

CHIP72
December 6th, 2014, 07:06 AM
I have to be honest - I'm NOT looking forward to the rain today. Because I'm coming to Villanova via public transit (Amtrak and SEPTA), I didn't want to bring my big umbrella. I have a feeling I'll regret that. I do have my poncho.

MR. CHICKEN
December 6th, 2014, 07:14 AM
20247....DON'T FO'GET...DUH FLASK...AN' GALOSHES....xbandwagonx...........BRAWK!

Pards Rule
December 6th, 2014, 08:57 AM
I'm gonna try to go to the game...I actually took two classes from LU online but live by Nova and have seen them more than any other team. Not sure who I should root for....

Bring your raincoat - about an inch project during this afternoon! I saw the 2009 Liberty game vs Lafayette in Easton. There was an article on Turner Gill's impressions on the Nova QB. I didn't know Danny Rocco had departed until I saw Coach Turner Gill of Liberty pictured in todays Phila. Inquirer as part of the story.

Pards Rule
December 6th, 2014, 09:02 AM
From Liberty's ticket office guru: " #FlamesNation had a strong presence at JMU last Saturday. Ticket sales are ahead of last week for game at Villanova. http://t.co/FSWdjBxWW9x"

He also said that the student demand has been so big, they are adding more busses. RED everywhere.

Some of these students are indeed flamers! I recall in 2009 meeting three of them in the gate area for the Lafayette game in Easton, PA and they said they had just driven up from Lynchburg VA, were watching the game and going to turn right around and drive back to school!!!

knucklehead
December 6th, 2014, 09:16 AM
They said 23 busses with 600 students this morning.

Pards Rule
December 6th, 2014, 09:20 AM
They said 23 busses with 600 students this morning.

Damn if someone could snap a pic of that procession and post it. Reminds me of the busses rolling up and down I-95 from Army and Navy for the annual gridiron classic in South Philly back in mid-80s driving on 95. An amazing sight it was!

knucklehead
December 6th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Damn if someone could snap a pic of that procession and post it. Reminds me of the busses rolling up and down I-95 from Army and Navy for the annual gridiron classic in South Philly back in mid-80s driving on 95. An amazing sight it was!

http://instagram.com/p/wRHFwvjul-/

melloware13
December 6th, 2014, 09:26 AM
I think 23 buses could be a lot more than 600 people, that number of people would be more like 13 buses (still a lot).

--

Nevermind, saw that not all are full coach buses, and the number makes sense.

Pards Rule
December 6th, 2014, 09:26 AM
http://instagram.com/p/wRHFwvjul-/

Thanks - looks like the departure from Lynchburg this morning.

knucklehead
December 6th, 2014, 09:29 AM
Some are coaches and others are transit busses. and yes, that is when they left.

knucklehead
December 6th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Liberty beat writer Chris Lang's prediction. http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/liberty_university/chris_lang_blog/liberty-villanova-gameday/article_a9aec94c-7d5b-11e4-ba79-8f066e621332.html

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Some are coaches and others are transit busses. and yes, that is when they left.

How bad is that drive? I've driven from Baltimore to Washington and from Philadelphia to Wilmington. Is it better on a Saturday?

MR. CHICKEN
December 6th, 2014, 09:58 AM
​20252............NO!

Pards Rule
December 6th, 2014, 10:01 AM
How bad is that drive? I've driven from Baltimore to Washington and from Philadelphia to Wilmington. Is it better on a Saturday?

A fricking haul...Lynchburg is in Southwest VA

MR. CHICKEN
December 6th, 2014, 10:02 AM
X-MAS SHOPPERAHS...EVERAH-WHERE.....TRAFFIC...HEAVY/BAD WEATHERAH...ONE FENDER - BENDER......AN'......PARKIN' LOT...xeekx...AWQ!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2014, 10:30 AM
A fricking haul...Lynchburg is in Southwest VA

I figured, surprised they left this morning.

MR. CHICKEN
December 6th, 2014, 10:35 AM
X-MAS SHOPPERAHS...EVERAH-WHERE.....TRAFFIC...HEAVY/BAD WEATHERAH...ONE FENDER - BENDER......AN'......PARKIN' LOT...xeekx...AWQ!

20253AN' GOOD BET...O' DAT WAGON TRAIN....UH COUPLE CONESTOGAHS....GONNAH...BREAK-DOWN...xbawlingx:(xbawlingx...BRAWK!

Pards Rule
December 6th, 2014, 10:36 AM
I figured, surprised they left this morning.

Yeah, um, the daylight shown seems to indicate like 7AM?! With the rain on this corridor this AM they might be late!!!

melloware13
December 6th, 2014, 10:41 AM
It's a 4:30 kick, so that'd be a 9.5 hour drive (google maps has it at 5.5). I think they'll be fine as long as they don't take 95 anywhere below Baltimore

Pards Rule
December 6th, 2014, 10:47 AM
It's a 4:30 kick, so that'd be a 9.5 hour drive (google maps has it at 5.5). I think they'll be fine as long as they don't take 95 anywhere below Baltimore

Haha google maps is so whacked!! That's no 5.5 hour drive! Anyways I thought it was a 1PM kickoff so they're good. Just started really raining heartily here in South Jersey after just light rain all this morning.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Haha google maps is so whacked!! That's no 5.5 hour drive! Anyways I thought it was a 1PM kickoff so they're good. Just started really raining heartily here in South Jersey after just light rain all this morning.

I believe I once got caught between Philly and Wilmington for nearly 3 hrs. Cured any thought I ever had of living on the east coast.

Pards Rule
December 6th, 2014, 11:03 AM
I believe I once got caught between Philly and Wilmington for nearly 3 hrs. Cured any thought I ever had of living on the east coast.

It can be a beast sometimes!!! But the Jersey shore makes it all worthwhile for me!

VUCats02
December 6th, 2014, 11:06 AM
One hour til the holy war! Beat St. Joes!

CHIP72
December 6th, 2014, 01:51 PM

It's not nearly as bad on a Saturday. There may be some traffic on the DC Beltway but otherwise shouldn't be too bad. It's a long drive though - from where I live it would be a little more than 2 hours from the north side of DC to Philadelphia, probably a bit more than 2 hours from Charlottesville to DC, and a bit more than an hour from Lynchburg to Charlottesville.

CHIP72
December 6th, 2014, 01:55 PM
One hour til the holy war! Beat St. Joes!

Unfortunately, beat is what Villanova has done. I'm not putting my Villanova hat on until the Holy War game is over.

Temple/La Salle (which I attended) was a good game; the Owls edged the Explorers 58-57. I'm now hanging out at the Penn bookstore watching the Bloomsburg/Concord Division II playoff game on WatchESPN.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 03:15 PM
With Big Five basketball this afternoon, the Nova campus was a zoo an hour and a half before football game time, but unfortunately, not many of the Cat fans have stuck around to make things a doubleheader, because of the rain and cold.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 03:29 PM
Big cheers for Liberty as the Flames just took the field about five minutes from kickoff.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 03:32 PM
Fan support is going to be about 50-50 today. Are some of the Villanova players carrying some sort of hammers out to the field? Brings back BAD memories of an ugly Western Illinois-Western Kentucky post-game brawl in the 1992 quarterfinals ...

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Villanova won the coin toss and elected to differ possession until the second half. Liberty will get the ball first.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 03:36 PM
Alpha Jollah returns from his own 2 to the VU 27 on the opening kickoff.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 03:37 PM
2-yard run for Abner on first down for Liberty. Woodrum complete to Darren Peterson on a flag route to the VU 4.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 03:40 PM
Abner brought down at the one on first and goal and is stacked up by the middle of the VU line for nothing on second down. Third and goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Liberty is stopped on third down, but Jerry Miles jumped offsides for VU.

- - - Updated - - -

After the first-down penalty, QB Woodrum runs in for the TD.

- - - Updated - - -

Liberty 7, Villanova 0, 12:11 left in the first period.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Joe Sarnese with a kickoff return to the 23 for the Cats.

knucklehead
December 6th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Punch in the mouth from the flames. Let's see what happens next.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Lots of comments in the VU press box as we keep tabs on K.C. Keeler and Sam Houston State as the Bearkats take control in the third period against Jacksonville State, 37-28.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Near disaster on the first VU play from scrimmage as John Robertson fumbles. The Cats get it back with a two-yard loss.

Out pattern is money, Robertson to Livers on second down for 11. 3rd and 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Robertson sweep is stuffed for a loss of three. VU must punt.

- - - Updated - - -

Snap infraction on fourth down for VU. Five-yard penalty.

- - - Updated - - -

Liberty takes over at the Flame 43 after the punt. 10:14 left in the first period.

knucklehead
December 6th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Defense picked it up where they left off at JMU

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 03:54 PM
3-yard run on first down and a slant for 5 on second down, Woodrum to Henderson. 3rd and 2. Woodrum keeps the play alive in the pocket and completes the dump pass to Abner to the VU 38.

- - - Updated - - -

Good safety play as VU breaks up a pass to the end zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Abner draw play to the 29 as VU jumps offsides on the play.

SumItUp
December 6th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Sounds like a Liberty home crowd on the broadcast.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 03:56 PM
3nd and 1 for LU, Abner is stacked up in the middle. Fourth and one.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 03:58 PM
Fualaau dive play is stacked up but gets the first down at the 28. Reggie Parris sack on 1st down for an 8-yard loss.

- - - Updated - - -

On 2nd and 18, Abner is cut down on a sweep at the VU 33 after a 2-yard gain. 3rd and 16.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Heavy blitz pressure on Woodrum, who wisely throws the ball at the feet of a receiver. 50-yard field goal attempt by John Lunsford is bombed through.

- - - Updated - - -

11-play drive makes it 10-0 Liberty with 5:17 left in the first period.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like a Liberty home crowd on the broadcast.
It is pretty equal fan-wise, but Liberty has had more to celebrate early on.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Hating these TV timeouts in the first period. Causing this game to really drag.

- - - Updated - - -

Lunsford big kickoff to the back of the end zone, Cats will start at the 25.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:09 PM
Robertson checks off and finds Earnest Pettway for 31 yards to the LU 44. Monangai rushes on the zone play for 7.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai stacked for a loss to the LU 40. 3rd and 6.

- - - Updated - - -

Delayed pressure and Robertson fires short on a bounce to Livers. Punt time for Nova.

- - - Updated - - -

Poor rugby punt ends in a fair catch at the Liberty 21. 3:17 left in the first.

- - - Updated - - -

Abner with a burst to the 29. 2nd and 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Jet sweep motion and Abner gets the ball on the counter for a 1-yard loss. 3rd and 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice slant Woodrum to Henderson for 10 to the LU 38. First down.

- - - Updated - - -

Sweep for Parker is stopped by Cherry at the LU 37.

- - - Updated - - -

High pass from Woodrum to Henderson on the slant is off his hands. 3rd and 11.

Another high pass on the sidelines goes off Henderson to make it fourth down.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Strong punt from Trey Turner and there is a block in the back on the Livers return to back VU up to its own 9.

knucklehead
December 6th, 2014, 04:12 PM
Penalties are killing nova

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Monangai inside zone to the 10.

- - - Updated - - -

And the first quarter ends.

Liberty 10
Villanova 0

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:18 PM
2nd and 9 play-action scramble and JR misfires to Pettway. 3rd and 9.

- - - Updated - - -

Robertson on the run to Burke misses his target again. Punt time.

- - - Updated - - -

Hinchen drills the punt over Henderson's head and the ball is downed at the LU 38.

- - - Updated - - -

Woodrum is drilled as he releases a long pass and the result is a Joe Sarnese intercpetion at the VU 25.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:20 PM
Hitch pass to Aaron Wells goes for minus-2. JR scrambles to the 31 for 8, but it is negated by holding.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:22 PM
2nd and 22 from the VU 13, short pass Decamillo gains almost nothing, but LU is called for defensive holding. First down bails out Nova. JR runs for 5 to the VU 28.

- - - Updated - - -

Outside zone for Monangai to the VU 37 and a Nova first down.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Robertson is hit as he passes and Austin Medley drops a sidline pass. Monangai sweeps again to the VU 48. 1st down.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai goes inside to the LU 49, but officials rule a fumble that the Flames recover. Under review with 11:45 left in the second period.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Call stands, Liberty ball.

- - - Updated - - -

Abner rushes in the middle to the VU 48. 2nd and 7.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Darren Peterson 53 yards on a bubble screen for a Liberty touchdown. Review underway.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 04:29 PM
Liberty is dominating!

knucklehead
December 6th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Huge strip from Nico Davis. Wow. Liberty's D line is dominating and making Robertson look useasy.

knucklehead
December 6th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Petey Peterson is a beast. Wow

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Peterson's heal touched out of bounds at the five. Big break for Nova. Make it a 48-yard pass play.

- - - Updated - - -

Todd Macon is stuffed at the 6. Joey Harmon on the hit.

Texas
Let's go Liberty!

Mr. C
Great breakup on the play-action pass. 3rd and 6.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Turner Gill sprints up the sideline like his Nebraska QB days to get a LATE time out. 10:06 left in the half.

McNeese75
December 6th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Let's go Liberty!

LOL, looking for a home gae are we?????

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:36 PM
After the timeoue, Gill calls a weird option play and Woodrum is stopped at the 7. Lumford field goal is good from 23.

Liberty 13
Villanova 0
9:20 second period

- - - Updated - - -

Big turn of events for Villanova there with the defensive stand to keep it a two-possession game. Mark that down.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 04:38 PM
Thought Gill should have gone for the end zone twice. A 17-0 lead there would have been huge.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Matt Gudzak fumbles the kick return out of bounds at the VU 16. So many Nova mistakes today.

knucklehead
December 6th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Liberty is dominating!
On both sides of the ball right now. Needed a td there though. VU will score.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Robertson play-action post to Gulyas looks open, but Kenny Scott gets a great break on the ball and just misses the interception as he breaks it up.

Holding on second down for Nova.

knucklehead
December 6th, 2014, 04:41 PM
LOL, looking for a home gae are we?????
It'll be is Lynchburg.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Thought Gill should have gone for the end zone twice. A 17-0 lead there would have been huge.
You were not going to beat Villanova there with a run. Bad decision.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Villanova comes back with the same post and Gulyas makes a catch and run to the LU 5. 87 yard pass play.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Robertson with the tough run to the 2. Hagen (who else?) with the saving tackle.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Robertson sweeps in for the score.

Liberty 13, Villanova 7. 7:29 left in the half.

knucklehead
December 6th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Told ya they'd score. But man Kenny Scott totally had the int and just dropped it. Got to capitolize.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 04:45 PM
TD 'Cats! Game on!

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:46 PM
4 plays, 84 yards in 1:50 on the drive.

The John Robertson-to-Kevin Gulyas connection was the longest in VU history.

- - - Updated - - -

The bad play call by Gill on the goal line looms large right now.

4bidn1
December 6th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Robertson with the tough run to the 2. Hagen (who else?) with the saving tackle.

Wesley Scott #21 not Hagen

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 04:47 PM
Nova doesn't try that pass if they get the ball at their 2 after Liberty misses 2 shots at the end zone. We might be pointing back at that play call later in the game.

Also, I didn't think the WR stepped out of bounds at the 5. If he did, it was maybe by an inch.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Fumble by Liberty on the kickoff and T.J. White jumps on it for Nova at the Liberty 16.

- - - Updated - - -

Wesley Scott #21 not Hagen
Hagen was credited in the press box.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2014, 04:49 PM
After the fumble now we REALLY will be looking at that goal line playcalling again and again.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Rasaan Stewart with the force on the fumble. The Flames should have downed that ball in the end zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Medley with a 15-yard run inside to the 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Medley stuffed at the one. 2nd and goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Medley again near the goal line. 3rd and goal. Robertson???

- - - Updated - - -

Robertson wildcat run and then tosses an option pitch to Medley, who runs to the corner for the TD.

- - - Updated - - -

Personal Foul for 15 yards against Liberty after the play.

Villanova 14
Liberty 13
5:24 left in the second period.

dwtime
Nice comeback Nova it was looking dire for a while there.

Mr. C
Boy did this game change course in a hurry.

knucklehead
December 6th, 2014, 04:54 PM
We just continue to struggle in the 2nd quarter. Flames have just be rough on kick and punt returns all year. that's why the opining kick return was so big. Now, unfortunately, we have a game.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 05:00 PM
Abner run to the LU 43 for a first down. 18 yards on the play.

- - - Updated - - -

2 yard run to the 45

- - - Updated - - -

Dropped snap by Woodrum leads to a sack. 3rd and 13 at the LU 40.

- - - Updated - - -

Woodrum makes an ill-advised pass on the slant and is lucky it wasn't picked. Punt time for the Flames.

- - - Updated - - -

Poppy Livers returns it to the VU 25.

- - - Updated - - -

Is this the day North Dakota State's reign ends? Could really open up this side of the bracket, if South Dakota State pulls it out.

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 05:00 PM
We just continue to struggle in the 2nd quarter. Flames have just be rough on kick and punt returns all year. that's why the opining kick return was so big. Now, unfortunately, we have a game.

Anybody's game still but Nova has momentum. Fun to watch.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 05:01 PM
What starts as an innocent-looking Robertson run becomes a 39-yard running play after he stiff-armes two defenders in the middle of the field and sprints to the sideline.

From the LU 35, Gulyas can't track down a JR pass.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Robertson is a freak...

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 05:03 PM
The referee clearly whiffs on a Robertson incomplete pass. The fumble recovery return for a TD will not stand.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Either way a terrible decision. He almost looked down...

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Unbelievable call by the replay official. I clearly saw Robertson trying to pass and his arm moving forward. The referee was screened on the play.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Unbelievable call by the replay official. I clearly saw Robertson trying to pass and his arm moving forward. The referee was screened on the play.

Clearly an empty hand. Absolutely the right call....

Mr. C
Incomplete two-point pass makes it Liberty 19, Villanova 14 with 1:31 left in the half.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Clearly an empty hand. Absolutely the right call....
From my press-box angle, I could see Robertson clearly trying to get rid of the ball with a pass to avoid the sack. Don't know what they were looking at on replay. We don't have replay up here.

- - - Updated - - -

Villanova starts again from the VU 18. Robertson is sacked for no gain.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai is stopped on a draw play. Liberty time out with 40 seconds left in the half and the ball at the VU 20. 3rd and 8 upcoming.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 05:08 PM
From my press-box angle, I could see Robertson clearly trying to get rid of the ball with a pass to avoid the sack. Don't know what they were looking at on replay. We don't have replay up here.

The Liberty defender hit the ball out when Robertson brought the ball back. By the time his arm was moving forward it was out. The momentum of the Liberty players arm swiping at the ball is what sent it forward. Not Robertson's motion....

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 05:09 PM
Robertson dump pass to Monangai is dropped. Hinchen on to punt with 35 seconds left.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Henderson return is stopped at the LU 25 with 26 seconds left. One time out left for Liberty and the big-legged Lunsford is waiting in the bullpen.

Abner draw to the 27.

- - - Updated - - -

Halftime

Liberty 19
Villanova 14

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 05:12 PM
Now I can focus on SDSU-NDSU...

4bidn1
December 6th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Fumble by Liberty on the kickoff and T.J. White jumps on it for Nova at the Liberty 16.

- - - Updated - - -

Hagen was credited in the press box.understand. That just wasn't him that's all, lol all good, don't matter they still scored

knucklehead
December 6th, 2014, 05:25 PM
LU needs to play mistake free 2nd hakf

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Second half underway. Touchback. Villanova will start at the 25.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 05:34 PM
After a three-yard run Aaron Wells is stopped for a loss on the jet sweep. Third and 8.

Low throw to Gulyas and it is punt time.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Woodrum pass to Henderson for 5.

- - - Updated - - -

Abner caught for a loss to the 29.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Swing pass to Abner is stopped for a loss

- - - Updated - - -

Villanova botches the punt return and fumbles to Liberty. Under review.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 05:41 PM
NDSU pulls into the lead again at 27-24 with 54 seconds left.

- - - Updated - - -

The Bison got the benefit of an overruled pass interference call (originally called incomplete on the field) to get a key first down before the TD.

- - - Updated - - -

Liberty's long snapper got injured on the fumble recovery. Take note.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Peterson run for 7.

- - - Updated - - -

Abner runs to the 30 for a first down

- - - Updated - - -

Macon drilled at the line. 2nd and 10 from the VU 30.

- - - Updated - - -

Woodrum to Macon on the option for 8 to the 22. 3rd and 2.

- - - Updated - - -

FB dive looks to be stopped short.

- - - Updated - - -

Liberty is going on 4th and inches.

- - - Updated - - -

Off-tackle run to the 18. First down.

- - - Updated - - -

Abner is stymied at the 17. 2nd and 9.

- - - Updated - - -

Fade route to Petrson is covered by Malik Reeves.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice Woodrum movement in the pocket to complete a first down pass at the 8.

- - - Updated - - -

Macon runs from the I-formation to the 6. 2nd down.

- - - Updated - - -

I again and a pitch is strung out by Joey Harmon at the five.

- - - Updated - - -

Great deflection by Villanova on another slant and the Cats hold again.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Lunsford field goal makes it Liberty 22, Villanova 14 with 5:22 left in the third period.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Villanova gets a Gudzak return to the 22.

knucklehead
Got to get in the ez. But its good to have an automatic kicker.

Mr. C
Robertson to Livers to the 33. 11 yards on the play.

knucklehead
December 6th, 2014, 05:56 PM
If we don't go for 2 earlier, we are up 2 scores here.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Austin Medley is open on the wheel route for a probable TD and DROPS IT.

- - - Updated - - -

8 yard run by Monangai. 3rd and 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Moving pocket, Robertson to Livers for a first down at the VU 48.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 05:58 PM
This just feels like a game 'Nova will find a way to win. So long as it doesn't come down to a FG...

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 05:59 PM
A reverse where Poppy Livers was going to throw to Robertson is stopped for a loss and then Wells dropped a pass at the LU 40. 3rd and 13.

- - - Updated - - -

Roberson scrambles to the 50. 4th and 8 and its punt time.

Beachdude
December 6th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Still a lot of game to play, but so far the Big South with a good showing today.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Still a lot of game to play, but so far the Big South with a good showing today.

I'd say so!

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Short Abner run of 4 to the 24.

- - - Updated - - -

Out pattern completion for a first down to the LU 32.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice throw up high to let Peterson do his stuff for a catch at the VU 49.

- - - Updated - - -

Abner is pounded again at the 49. 2nd and 10.

knucklehead
December 6th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Peterson is such a weapon. Wow 17 yds. He broke the all time Liberty single season receiving record today.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 06:06 PM
End of the third quarter.

Liberty 22
Villanova 14

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Ed Shockley is having a great day for Nova. His stop makes it 3rd and 12 after a run.

- - - Updated - - -

Dump pass to Abner goes for 1 yard. Punt time from the LU 48.

- - - Updated - - -

High snap and the punt is nearly blocked, but sails into the end zone. Villanova ball at the 20 with 13:58 left.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai sweeps to the 27.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai inside zone for 3 and the first down at the 30.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 06:16 PM
70-yard pass Robertson to Gulyas. TD

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Wow! What a play!

Mr. C
Robertson improvises for an amazing 2-point run where he refused top be tackled.

Villanova 22
Liberty 22
13:17 left in regulation

dwtime
TD makes this a game again

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Robertson with a sick play on the 2 pt conversion...

dwtime
tie game wow

knucklehead
December 6th, 2014, 06:18 PM
I mean Robinson is just chucking it and getting lucky. Flames dbs have to make him pay for that but they are not. They are missing tackles and letting them have big plays. Can't believe it. Both broken plays. Can't let that happen.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 06:20 PM
John Robertson just became the all-time career yardage/total offense leader at Villanova.

10,268 yards for the JUNIOR. Pretty impressive when you consider who came before him.

- - - Updated - - -

Herman the Liberty TE drops a low pass from Woodrum at midfield.

- - - Updated - - -

Abner is punished by Harmon again. Loss of 2. Third and 12.

- - - Updated - - -

Short pass is stopped at the 30. Fourth down.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Near block again. VU gets the ball at the 37.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Kenny Scott with a breakup on a pass deep to Gulyas. 3rd and 8.

- - - Updated - - -

John Robertson is running the base again and slides into second with a double ... 24 yards and a first down at the LU 36.

- - - Updated - - -

Robertson with a huge hole on the read option to the 27. Fumble at the end and the play is under review.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 06:25 PM
I think he's down...

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Ruling stands, even though it looked like Robertson's knee might have been down. Liberty ball at the 27, 10:02 left.

- - - Updated - - -

Abner run for 2. 2nd and 8.

dwtime
robertson was down how can a ref on the backside of that play call it a fumble he couldn't see if it came out. Rediculous if they dont reverse that and they dont. Terrible call.

Mr. C
Woodrum pass to the 36. 3rd and 1 1/2.

VUCats02
December 6th, 2014, 06:28 PM
That just simply was a horrible call.

Cleets
+

Mr. C
Liberty gambles to Dante Shells, who caught the last pass and he drops the ball. 4th down.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Villanova takes over at the 16.

Winindy
December 6th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Can't believe they didn't reverse that call. But Liberty's play calling has gone too conservative since Nova tied it up.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 06:31 PM
Monangai sweeps for 9.

VUCats02
December 6th, 2014, 06:32 PM
If Nova can just somehow survive this game....They cannot turn it over any more. 4 turnovers already. Reminds me of Eastern Washington game a few years ago.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Monangai powers to the 38. 2nd and 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai takes the zone play outside to the VU 45. 1st down.

knucklehead
December 6th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Can't believe they didn't reverse that call. But Liberty's play calling has gone too conservative since Nova tied it up.
Agree. I'm sick.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Medley with a strong outside zone run to the LU 48. 2nd and 3.

- - - Updated - - -

Medley powers to the 46. 3rd and 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Wildcat run for Robertson to the LU 41.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai zone play to the 35.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai again explodes to the 27. First down. VU is taking over with the zone play.

- - - Updated - - -

Robertson counters on the read to the 25. 2nd and 8 with 4 minutes left.

- - - Updated - - -

Medley finds a hole and bangs to the 17 for a first down.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Monangai tripped up at the 13.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Robertson follows Monangai and carries to the nine. 2:57 left. Time out Liberty.

VUCats02
December 6th, 2014, 06:40 PM
This could end up to be Nova's worst nightmare. A game potentially coming down to a field goal kick.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Robertson should have cut that up sooner...

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Robertson appears short on a run to the 8. Liberty final time out with 2:42 left. 4th and 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai picks a hole to the six. Villanova first and goal.

- - - Updated - - -

Monangai zone inside to the goal line. 2nd and one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick snap no gain 3rd and 1.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 06:45 PM
Robertson option run for the TD to the left. 1:12 left.

Villanova 29
Liberty 22

Goff gets it through despite a high snap.

dwtime
TD Nova!

Mr. C
18 plays, 84 yards, 7:11 on the go-ahead Villanova drive.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
TD 'Nova! The Wildcats are such a physical team. What a drive...

VUCats02
WHY WOULD YOU SNAP IT QUICKLY ON 2nD DOWN!?!?!?

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 06:46 PM
Squeaker on the extra point UNH and Nova have bad kickers........

Winindy
December 6th, 2014, 06:46 PM

That was ponderous.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 06:47 PM

I think it's worth trying get an easy TD. Had 'Nova been forced to kick the fg they would still have been able to run the clock down to 25 or so seconds. I think it was worth the gamble...

VUCats02
December 6th, 2014, 06:48 PM
I think it's worth trying get an easy TD. Had 'Nova been forced to kick the fg they would still have been able to run the clock down to 25 or so seconds. I think it was worth the gamble...

I don't think it was worth the gamble. 1:13 is still a lot of time.

Mr. C
Liberty has trouble on the kickoff, which died at the 14 and struggles to recover. 1:10 to go 86 yards.

knucklehead
Need a miracle.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 06:49 PM
I don't think it was worth the gamble. 1:13 is still a lot of time.

Well had they scored on 1st down Liberty would have had even more time. The objective there is to score first and then worry about the rest later...

Prime Power
Nova is really impressive.

Mr. C
Woodrum complete for 11 to the 25.

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Almost disaster on a dropped dump pass to Abner.

- - - Updated - - -

Pat Williams sacks Woodrum. 3rd and 11.

- - - Updated - - -

Incomplete to Herman over the middle. 4th and 11 at the 24. 30 seconds left.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
The weather looks absolutely miserable. The camera is completely covered with water...

LeeshaJo
the score is?

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Clutch deep slant completion from Woodrum to the LU 38. Also defensive holding on the play.

kdinva
December 6th, 2014, 06:52 PM
the score is?

VIll up 29-22

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/playbyplay?gameId=400609099&period=4

Mr. C
December 6th, 2014, 06:55 PM
the score is?
VU 29, LU 22

- - - Updated - - -

Two incompletions make it 3rd down and Woodrum hits Herman again at the 50 for a first down. 4 seconds left.

- - - Updated - - -

Hail Mary time and Woodrums pass is knocked down by Villanova in the end zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Final

Villanova 29
Liberty 22.

- - - Updated - - -

Sloppy at times, but a great finish for two fine teams.