PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 SDSU at NDSU

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Where are these refs from? please don't say the PL...

dwtime
haha can you review that that wasn't tipped not even close

Lehigh'98
How much time left? What yd line is NDSU at?

Cleets
December 6th, 2014, 05:32 PM
WOW these guys are giving it a hell of a go at throwing the game... The officiating has been hilarious

Drblankstare
I don't belive in conspiracy theories, but this is almost blatant

Beachdude
xpopcornx CCU anxiously waiting....

Terry2889
Two things.. 1. Horrible call in the first place... 2. You can't review a play in order to assess a penalty. Ridiculous!

Bisonator
Thank god!

UNHFan
What are the Refs smoking?

Apphole
Is that even reviewable?

chattownmocs
December 6th, 2014, 05:33 PM
It wasn't pi. Dude fell down for absolutely no reason. Sdsu should be complaining.

RabidRabbit
haha can you review that that wasn't tipped not even close

yes. dammit.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Two things.. 1. Horrible call in the first place... 2. You can't review a play in order to assess a penalty. Ridiculous!

I think this and 12 men on the field are penalties that are reviewable...

mmiller_34
Ugh... I didn't think you could review penalties...

Cleets
The BOOTH REF's had to clean this circus up

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 05:34 PM
I didn't realize that was reviewable.

Drblankstare
I had no idea you could evn review something like that

Bisonator
Run the damn ball!!!!

UNHWildcat18
That's a horrible call. Ball was so un-catchable it's not even funny.

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Every snap is huge.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a horrible call. Ball was so un-catchable it's not even funny.

I agree but bad calls have gone against NDSU as well.

ejjones
December 6th, 2014, 05:36 PM
I know where the fired MEAC refs went!

Bisonator
Yes! TD!!!!!!!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
did he have possession! wow if he did!

centennial
Mother****er we scored

Go Lehigh TU Owl
It looked like he was kind of bobbling it...

chattownmocs
Incomplete.

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 05:37 PM
That is a catch what a catch

Terry2889
Is that even reviewable?

No. That is not reviewable. You cannot review a play in order to assess a penalty.

NoDak 4 Ever
I love RJ Urzendowski in a way I've never loved another man.

Sent directly from my mind.

marenlee
CATCH

skinny_uncle
December 6th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Wow!

Prime Power
Incomplete.

No

Bisonator
No. That is not reviewable. You cannot review a play in order to assess a penalty.

Apparently you can when the officials are this horrible!

Go Lehigh TU Owl

They did not use the review to asses the penalty. The penalty was already assessed. It's no different than using review to overturn a 12 man penalty...

Cleets
this game has DELIVERED...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PantherRob82
December 6th, 2014, 05:39 PM
:54 left. Intense.

Prime Power
December 6th, 2014, 05:40 PM
What a game!!!!

gsf23nd
December 6th, 2014, 05:41 PM
PICK NDSU!!!

Bisonator
December 6th, 2014, 05:42 PM
What a ****ing game! I'm spent.

gsf23nd
This had got to be THE WORST officiating crew in the country. Good lord just atrocious.

centennial
**** THIS GAME IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drblankstare
What an epic game

dwtime
Terrible pass game over.

Texas
Terrible throw

Winindy
December 6th, 2014, 05:43 PM
nice play by the Nickleback.

PantherRob82
Wow. Jacks did not deliver the drama. Terrible throw.

Beer
Wow. what a game!

AggieManiac704
WHAT A GAME!!!!!!!

Terry2889
Apparently you can when the officials are this horrible!

Haha true

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Congrats NDSU!! This is a whale of a game. SDSU was basically their equal for 60 minutes in the dome. Impressive game by both teams.

I think NDSU-CCU will be awesome! Like SDSU, CCU will not be afraid of the dome.

dwtime
December 6th, 2014, 05:44 PM
SDSU went toe to toe with them. Defense got soft on that winning drive an that was the difference.

Apphole
NDSU really lucked out. Great game.

underdawg
This had got to be THE WORST officiating crew in the country. Good lord just atrocious.

I don't know about that, but it was the worse homer announcers I've seen on one of these games fer sure!

Bisonator
Congrats to SDSU! Too bad they put us against each other again. Feel for your seniors.

mmiller_34
December 6th, 2014, 05:45 PM
We just can't beat the Bison.

LeeshaJo
December 6th, 2014, 05:45 PM
deflated right now...... insert many many many swear words here...

mmiller_34
December 6th, 2014, 05:46 PM
SDSU went toe to toe with them. Defense got soft on that winning drive an that was the difference.

Thats what the Bison do. How many times have they shown that same thing over the past few years.

UNHWildcat18
Every snap is huge.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree but bad calls have gone against NDSU as well.

While I see that as well, it wasn't only a bad call but it was a game deciding call in the last min of play. Giving the team down 4 first and goal from the seven on a ball that was clearly out of reach.... One thing for a bad call. Another thing for one in the last 60 seconds of play. I truly feel awful for SDSU. Not saying NDSU wouldn't have scored from the 23 where they were but still....

Professor Chaos
Holy effing hell SDSU, you guys gave the Bison everything they wanted and so much more. Congrats and don't hang your heads!

Drblankstare
Their is no reason this game should have been in the 2nd round. Feel for the Jacks, great team.

lionsrking2
Program win.

IBleedYellow
just going to say this right now... no matter who wins this game... #uck regionalization!!!
This.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

mmiller_34
December 6th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Congrats to SDSU! Too bad they put us against each other again. Feel for your seniors.

Zenner was 18 yards away from FCS rushing record.

Sam_Kats
Wow

Prime Power
Great game!!! It is a damn shame that SDSU had to play NDSU in the second round....I hate conference matchups this early in the playoffs.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 6th, 2014, 05:48 PM
Awesome game by SDSU. I don't think there's a team in the country that hit their stride like SDSU did when Sumner came back. They went from a fringe Top 20 team to one of the 5-6 best teams in the country the last month...

skinny_uncle
Congrats NDSU!! This is a whale of a game. SDSU was basically their equal for 60 minutes in the dome. Impressive game by both teams.

I think NDSU-CCU will be awesome! Like SDSU, CCU will not be afraid of the dome.
It ain't the dome you have to worry about. It's the team.

mmiller_34
Well. Now they can start construction on our new stadium I guess.

Winindy
I don't know about that, but it was the worse homer announcers I've seen on one of these games fer sure!

I don't think either of these two have done a Bison game before. Or were you talking about a different home?

RabidRabbit
December 6th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Likely the closest game for the Bison in the play-offs. Buck u Fisons. xbangx Jacks just struggle with our long time rivals.

Now get the danged 4th title.

Prime Power
December 6th, 2014, 05:49 PM
Program win.

Yep, best damn program in the country if you ask me. Sorry abour your teams early loss, it is obvious that the conference game bs in the playoffs should be thrown out.

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Refs almost helped SDSU to a win. I am just glad that we squeaked through. Good game SDSU, you guys hit us with the kitchen sink and then some.

WrenFGun
I kind of thought there were some rough calls on both sides on PI. Regardless of whether or not that ball was tipped [it clearly wasn't] that ball was uncatchable.

NDSUSR
I need a drink..... What a crazy game.

Jacked_Rabbit
That hurts more than words can describe. Hope the Bison win it all. Congrats on the victory... I'm going to go drink myself into a coma.

AmsterBison
December 6th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Feel bad for my Jackrabbit friends. They are our best foes.

Also, I'm tremendously relieved about the W because now I don't having to hear about NDSU losing the game because of the refs for the next decade. that said, I hope that crew doesn't let the door hit them in the ass on the way out of the FargoDome. I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until the phantom tipped pass.

mmiller_34
December 6th, 2014, 05:51 PM
I still can't believe they reviewed that penalty. I don't care how blown the call was. You called what you called!

TILIS-BisonFan
December 6th, 2014, 05:53 PM
and the rivalrygrows

LeeshaJo
December 6th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Seriously, we are not going to blame this loss on the refs. They were ****ty both ways and we probably got more calls than the Bison did. We lost it because we played #ucking prevent defense at the end. Some day I will tell the fans from NDSU congrats, right now am to raw.

TILIS-BisonFan
hell of a game jackrabbits. when the bracket was released i told my friends i think the bisons first game would be their hardest on the road to frisco

Bisonator
That crew needs to be canned IMO. Just horrible.

NDSUSR
and the rivalrygrows
Its always been a rivalry, but SDSU got a lot of respect and some new fans today.

Thumper 76
December 6th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Not enough swear words to describe it. Good work bison on the win, you bastards.

Professor Chaos
It's too bad both these teams had to put up with the garbage that was the stripes in this game. The refs could've taken a lesson from the two teams on the field today

mmiller_34
Its always been a rivalry, but SDSU got a lot of respect and some new fans today.

It was lonely in D-1 those first few years.

USD fans hate that we are rivals.

Ginsbach
December 6th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Refs were terrible on both sides of the ball today. Congrats Jacks on a great season!

That game took a lot out of me, hah.

mmiller_34
It's too bad both these teams had to put up with the garbage that was the stripes in this game. The refs could've taken a lesson from the two teams on the field today

I agree. 150%

centennial
This was the same SDSU team that was in the game with the Mizzou before Sumner injured himself.

Winindy
December 6th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Maybe the best game I've seen Stig call. Tough loss. Zenner really played well. D-line was on it too. Jacks deserved more, but gutsy play from the Bison on another awesome drive when the game is on the line.

NDSUSR
December 6th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Switching avatars for a week. Much respect SDSU.

mmiller_34
December 6th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Zenner becomes the first FCS RB ever to run for 3 straight 2000 yard seasons.

Too bad be isn't a Finalist for the Payton Award

mmiller_34
December 6th, 2014, 06:02 PM
That crew needs to be canned IMO. Just horrible.

Remember at the beginning of the game when the umpire could NOT get out of the way?

Ginsbach
December 6th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Remember at the beginning of the game when the umpire could NOT get out of the way?

With a pass breakup for the Jacks and tackling Crockett within a few minutes?

JimmyJack
December 6th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Congrats to the Bison. It's tough to knock off the champs, isn't it. I'll be rooting for you the rest of the way. Wentz was terrific and that game-winning TD pass was really a thing of beauty. The only loser today: Regionalization. It's a shame that the cheapskates at the NCAA would rather save a few bucks than have a real playoff tournament.

Bisonwinagn
December 6th, 2014, 06:06 PM
I think it's time for the Bison to burn the green uniforms before playoffs start.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2014, 06:07 PM
I think it's time for the Bison to burn the green uniforms before playoffs start.

this. Yellow all the way.

X-Factor
December 6th, 2014, 06:08 PM
I still can't believe they reviewed that penalty. I don't care how blown the call was. You called what you called!

The calls were getting so out of control I think that had to do something. That was the worst called game I have ever watched BAR F'NNNNN none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bisonator
December 6th, 2014, 06:08 PM

A definite sign of things to come.xlolx

Winindy
December 6th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Zenner becomes the first FCS RB ever to run for 3 straight 2000 yard seasons.

Too bad be isn't a Finalist for the Payton Award

No running backs allowed.

Bisonwinagn
December 6th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Congrats to the Bison. It's tough to knock off the champs, isn't it. I'll be rooting for you the rest of the way. Wentz was terrific and that game-winning TD pass was really a thing of beauty. The only loser today: Regionalization. It's a shame that the cheapskates at the NCAA would rather save a few bucks than have a real playoff tournament.

Agreed and every fan and player in the country hates this. I said before this game that SDSU would be the toughest game before the championship and it really showed today. Also a fantastic coaching job by SDSU.

X-Factor
December 6th, 2014, 06:10 PM

Nobody can disagree with this. The NCAA really screwed up big with both of the valley matchups today.

Prime Power
December 6th, 2014, 06:12 PM
The calls were getting so out of control I think that had to do something. That was the worst called game I have ever watched BAR F'NNNNN none!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The umpire called the tipped ball. In the replay it clearly shows that he wasn't even looking at the QB or where the ball was. In my opinion these refs should really be looked at for suspicious calls in this game. Anyone agree or disagree?

Bison56
December 6th, 2014, 06:12 PM
xsighxI'm going to bed I'm wiped

marenlee
December 6th, 2014, 06:13 PM
The umpire called the tipped ball. In the replay it clearly shows that he wasn't even looking at the QB or where the ball was. In my opinion these refs should really be looked at for suspicious calls in this game. Anyone agree or disagree?

No... Just incompetent.

344Johnson
December 6th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Great game. Few thoughts:

Officiating was not great or whatever, maybe all schools fans suck but the complaining got really really old. It was embarrassing after awhile.

Didn't know a tipped ball could be reviewed. Learn something new every day.

NDSU coaches and players were not ready. No discipline. No accountability. Complaining to officials gets you nowhere. Play the game.

SDSU did some very interesting things. Gave the herd some fits. I liked the 4th down package.

NDSU looked unprepared and still won. That's something.

Dome Nazis were out in full force.

Zenner is a beast.

JimmyJack
December 6th, 2014, 06:14 PM

I don't know. But that was an unbelievable call. Our defensive end missed tipping that ball by at least 10 feet. It wasn't even close.

jacksfan29
December 6th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Refs almost helped SDSU to a win. I am just glad that we squeaked through. Good game SDSU, you guys hit us with the kitchen sink and then some.

Seriously? This is why I have a hard time cheering for the Bizon. Excuses never cut it. Children make them, not adults.

marenlee
December 6th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Seriously? This is why I have a hard time cheering for the Bizon. Excuses never cut it. Children make them, not adults.

ALL fans make the same claims.

mmiller_34
December 6th, 2014, 06:19 PM

Yep. That one.

hebmskebm
December 6th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Regionalization is awful, but it would have crept into the playoff formula even if it stayed at a 16 team tournament.

344Johnson
December 6th, 2014, 06:22 PM

It was a big problem today. Coaches, players, fans. Players should play. Coaches should coach. Officials should officiate. If you are spending your time complaining you are doing your team a disservice.

marenlee
December 6th, 2014, 06:24 PM
It was a big problem today. Coaches, players, fans. Players should play. Coaches should coach. Officials should officiate. If you are spending your time complaining you are doing your team a disservice.

Have you ever seen a coach that has not complained about questionable calls???

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 06:24 PM
You disagree the bad calls helped SDSU more? Like the 15 yard after delay of game? The PI call twice on your last drive?
I really don't mind losing when the game is called fairly. Anyway, I don't mean any disrespect, SDSU played a great game, congrats on your season.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 6th, 2014, 06:28 PM

If it was my team, I'd admit it and not lash out at the other team. Cheer for someone else. Who cares?

TheKingpin28
December 6th, 2014, 06:28 PM
Putting the officiating to the side, I gained much respect for the rabbits. I respected them, but they truly showed why the MVFC is the best in FCS. Sorry that regionalization kills both teams, but by far best game I've seen in a long time for FCS football

CappinHard
December 6th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Question of the off season for SDSU: Zach Lujan or Chris Little? Present or future? Senior or sophomore?

344Johnson
December 6th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Have you ever seen a coach that has not complained about questionable calls???

They all do it. Doesn't mean it should be considered acceptable. Do your job and let the official do his.

marenlee
December 6th, 2014, 06:32 PM
They all do it. Doesn't mean it should be considered acceptable. Do your job and let the official do his.

I agree that it should be held to a certain extent. But if you have refs that are making boneheaded decisions, how do you keep them on their toes? As a coach you do need to let them know what you saw. It will definitely make the zebras look a little closer or give it a second thought the next time around. This is no secret.

Bisonwinagn
December 6th, 2014, 06:34 PM

And the fans have a right to complain and boo and throw **** at the refs (bottles, beer, etc)

Bison56
December 6th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Good game SDSU I knew it was going to be a battle. Too bad someone had to lose. Hats off to the Jacks.

JimmyJack
December 6th, 2014, 06:35 PM
Question of the off season for SDSU: Zach Lujan or Chris Little? Present or future? Senior or sophomore?

My money's on Little (or how about the true freshman Taryn Christon? If he's the best guy, play him). Lujan did a great job, but he doesn't have a D1 arm. We need a guy who can get the ball to Wieneke.

BisonBacker
December 6th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Hats off to SDSU they have a hell of a team.

Jacked_Rabbit
December 6th, 2014, 06:44 PM

Easy answer. The best QB will play. They've got all Spring and next Fall to battle it out. Little certainly looks the part, but you've gotta give Lujan props for stepping and in doing all he could to keep things moving in the right direction.

mmiller_34
December 6th, 2014, 06:50 PM
To my dearest Bison fans:

I wish you the best on your playoff endeavors. I have no doubt you're on your way to your 4th straight FCS title. If you end up meeting Vernon Adams in the Championship Game; please--for all of us--shut his cocky a** UP.

See you next year,

-A Rabbit Fan

dewey
December 6th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Hats off to the SDSU team on a very good season and a great game. It would have been nice to see how far SDSU could have gone if they were on a different side of the bracket.

Dewey

CappinHard
December 6th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Gotta feel for Sumner though. Hate for that to be the last pass of his life. Sour ending to a solid career. Especially with a minute on the clock and 3 timeouts.

swaghook
December 6th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Hell of a game today the Jacks came to play there's no doubt in that. Just happy to be sitting here listening to a victory song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o988iQNHYkQ

Rabbit3467
December 6th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Regionalization is bull****. Refs sucked for both teams. Unbelievable game. Wait Refs just plained sucked. This hurts.

Jacks02
December 6th, 2014, 08:37 PM

Do you mean Junior or Red-Shirt Freshman?

Bisonoline
December 6th, 2014, 08:55 PM
Regionalization is bull****. Refs sucked for both teams. Unbelievable game. Wait Refs just plained sucked. This hurts.

You guys played a great game. You actually out played us in the 2cnd half.

stevdock
December 6th, 2014, 09:14 PM

Agreed.
Agreed.
Agreed.
Agreed.

My opinion that might have been the championship game there tonight. I thought you guys completely outplayed us except for the first drive and last drive.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Hats off to SDSU they have a hell of a team.

+1

SDSU brought the kitchen sink today. I liked the wildcat formation with ZZ running the show. Great game by both teams. It is too bad one team had to lose. Regionalization does hurt conferences with multiple teams in.

I do not think CC will be much of a game.

F'N Hawks
December 6th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Agreed.
Agreed.
Agreed.
Agreed.

My opinion that might have been the championship game there tonight. I thought you guys completely outplayed us except for the first drive and last drive.

Are you serious? You think SDSU is the second best team in the country? xconfusedx

stevdock
December 6th, 2014, 09:53 PM
Are you serious? You think SDSU is the second best team in the country? xconfusedx

We'll never know because of the regional BS. But yes I think they could have made it to Frisco on the other side of the bracket.

344Johnson
December 6th, 2014, 09:54 PM
Can't stress enough how much i loved what sdsu did today. They got really really creative

centennial
December 6th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Move on you have no business here.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 6th, 2014, 09:59 PM

Whatever troll.

Is your team still playing?

dewey
December 6th, 2014, 10:00 PM

If NDSU runs through the rest of the playoffs without any close games I would say possibly yes. If Sumner had not gotten hurt in the opener it would have been interesting to see how they would have done against Illinois State and Youngstown State. Then their record might have been 10-2 or 9-3 and more than likely gotten a seed.

Dewey

bisonranch
December 6th, 2014, 10:08 PM
I've really enjoyed watching ZZ run hard the last few years. Where does anyone think he ends up next year?

I feel for coach Stig and the SDSU seniors. They're really elevated SDSU football. One of my coworkers is a parent of a Jackrabbit great and I spend a lot of time in SD and I hope they can keep the momentum going (except against NDSU of course).

Oh yeah, ruck fegionalization.

CommishBigSmooth
December 6th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Regionalization probably took two national title contenders out of the picture today. Regardless of which two teams in the NDSU-SDSU or UNI-ISUr games lost. That's the real crime in all this. Is SDSU the second best team in the country? Don't know. But they sure looked like a final four type team on the field today.

That being said, a game of this caliber deserves competent officiating. That might have been one of the most poorly officiated games I've ever witnessed. Yes, we had the tipped ball that wasn't, the clock issue towards the end of the game that nearly got screwed up, the late hits that were BS, etc. But the umpire, who when he wasn't getting steamrolled by John Crockett, was calling every bit of even suggested contact between WR's and CB's during the game, deserves a special place in officiating hell. Hurt both teams and took something away from the quality of the game.

Oh, and kudos to the folks controlling the music at the Fargodome too for busting out "Don't Stop Believin'" before NDSU's game winning drive---as well as the old school American Gladiators theme a few times in the music rotation. Heard it after the Dempsey pick to seal the game. That's good stuff.

BisonFan02
December 6th, 2014, 11:56 PM

With how SDSU has been playing with a healthy Sumner back? Absolutely.

344Johnson
December 7th, 2014, 12:21 AM
I don't think sdsu is the second best team. I think they might be the second best matchup for ndsu after uni. Two very different things though.

gotts
December 7th, 2014, 12:33 AM
The back judge said the first half of this game was the toughest half of a game their crew has officiated all season.

If there's any justice, this will be the last game they do this season.

ndsubison
December 7th, 2014, 01:00 AM
I respect the Jacks. Hella game today. Unfortunate we were in the same bracket. Stig, and your program are class.

Thumper 76
December 7th, 2014, 01:31 AM

With your tone, pick four teams you would think are better by far.

Vitojr130
December 7th, 2014, 03:02 AM
Couple things:

1) Wow, what a game.

2) That was the shi*tiest officiating crew I've ever seen. I haven't seen a game as sloppy as this one, as far as officiating goes, since the 2009 UNI/NDSU game.

3) The time clock in the endzone didn't work. If we aren't going to build a new stadium in our near feature, at least invest in a new scoreboard and video boards. It's weird being able to see a pixel from 200 feet away.

Vitojr130
December 7th, 2014, 03:56 AM

If you see consistent no calls, you better bet players and coaches should let the ref know what to look for. As long as they aren't stupid about it, pointing things out can work in your favor.

thebootfitter
December 7th, 2014, 04:09 AM
Seriously? Part of a coach's job is to bring things to the attention of the officials.

thebootfitter
December 7th, 2014, 04:14 AM
Who is making excuses?

I see a number of people calling it like they see it. Refs were terrible (both ways) and certainly had an impact on this game (both ways). I think if you carefully consider each call, you'll find a few more key questionable calls that favored SDSU.

I'm not going to take the time to do that because it doesn't really matter. Game is over. Bison won. SDSU played a helluva game. Congrats to them on a great season!

Gil Dobie
December 7th, 2014, 10:20 AM
Congrats on a great season Jacks. This would have been a great semi-final game.

THE HERD
December 7th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Just wanted to give a tip of the cap to a very good Jacks team........much respect!

344Johnson
December 7th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Seriously? Part of a coach's job is to bring things to the attention of the officials.

A.) No. It's not part of their job. The officials are watching the damn game.

FargoBison
December 7th, 2014, 11:41 AM

Completely disagree, dealing with the refs is definitely part of the job of the head coach on gameday.

Theee Catrabbit
December 7th, 2014, 12:04 PM

Lujan Starts, Little ends up QB by end of season. ZL is a TOB I can respect. Serviceable and plays hard (and not a "self-described freethinker"), I think we Jacks fans forget the dude just got on campus last spring and won 5 games, he even kept us somewhat competitive with Missouri when he probably was playing with his head cut off. Little I know little about(pun intended). I think he has a better arm than Lujan and that in the end will be the difference. But, it won't surprise me to see Lujan in all year if he improves and makes the right decisions.

marenlee
December 7th, 2014, 12:11 PM

I feel like this belong in the "Preposterous Statements" thread. I feel like I have to echo what I said yesterday.

I agree that it should be held to a certain extent. But if you have refs that are making boneheaded decisions, how do you keep them on their toes? As a coach you do need to let them know what you saw. It will definitely make the zebras look a little closer or give it a second thought the next time around. This is no secret.

ndsubison
December 7th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Hats off to the Jacks. Hella game. Sorry someone had to lose. Your program is getting closer. I, for one, absolutely enjoy watching you guys knock dicks in the dirt OOC.

Jacked_Rabbit
December 7th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Lujan Starts, Little ends up QB by end of season. ZL is a TOB I can respect. Serviceable and plays hard (and not a "self-described freethinker"), I think we Jacks fans forget the dude just got on campus last spring and won 5 games, he even kept us somewhat competitive with Missouri when he probably was playing with his head cut off. Little I know little about(pun intended). I think he has a better arm than Lujan and that in the end will be the difference. But, it won't surprise me to see Lujan in all year if he improves and makes the right decisions.

I know this means absolutely nothing (please remember this), and he could end up never playing a snap, but Little is the most impressive LOOKING athlete I've ever seen wearing a Jacks uniform. I watched a game from the sidelines earlier this year and the entire group of former players & coaches I was standing with were all in awe of this kids frame and arm. Hope he also has what it takes upstairs, and if so, he could have an exceptional career. Having Lujan & TC to battle it out with is an extremely awesome problem to have!

F'N Hawks
December 7th, 2014, 02:06 PM
With your tone, pick four teams you would think are better by far.

They don't have to be far and away better, just better. SDSU was 9-5 this year and played their best game of the year yesterday. That doesn't equate to being the second best team in the country.

You got boatraced out in Cheney last year and I don't know why it would have been any different this year. That's one team.

SDSU had a good team this year and was playing well lately but to say that yesterdays game was the National Championship is outlandish.

Vitojr130
December 7th, 2014, 02:41 PM

Have you ever played football before at any level? I'm going to guess not, because everyone tells refs when they are missing calls. Whether it's done in a decent manner is another story. Refs respect what you have to say if you do it nicely and usually they will pay a little more attention to the issue if you are polite about it.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2014, 02:50 PM
Have you ever played football before at any level? I'm going to guess not, because everyone tells refs when they are missing calls. Whether it's done in a decent manner is another story. Refs respect what you have to say if you do it nicely and usually they will pay a little more attention to the issue if you are polite about it.

No, he's a Notre Dame fan who is an entitled little bitch that only exists on forums to troll people and be a controversial opinion compared to everyone else even if he doesn't believe the **** he's saying. There is a reason he's banned from Bisonville. Hopefully here soon too.

LeeshaJo
December 7th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Ok, NDSU if you don't rip through the playoffs and win your fourth I am going to be PISSED (only team I will accept you losing to are the Redbirds). Congrats on the win. Not the outcome I wanted by any means, but your team got the win (again). Now, take care of business.

FargoBison
December 7th, 2014, 03:15 PM
They don't have to be far and away better, just better. SDSU was 9-5 this year and played their best game of the year yesterday. That doesn't equate to being the second best team in the country.

You got boatraced out in Cheney last year and I don't know why it would have been any different this year. That's one team.

SDSU had a good team this year and was playing well lately but to say that yesterdays game was the National Championship is outlandish.

SDSU is a different team this year, Wieneke has given them an added dimension. If they played EWU it would be a great game, tons of points.

I don't think they are #2 but top 8 for sure.

F'N Hawks
December 7th, 2014, 03:17 PM
SDSU is a different team this year, Wieneke has given them an added dimension. If they played EWU it would be a great, tons of points.

I don't think they are #2 but top 8 for sure.
Agree with Top 8. Were playing well.

Bisonwinagn
December 7th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Agree with Top 8. Were playing well.

SDSU was #4 per sagarin rankings and that's having played most of the year without their QB.

mmiller_34
December 7th, 2014, 04:13 PM
SDSU was #4 per sagarin rankings and that's having played most of the year without their QB.

SDSU would have been favored over 5 of the 8 teams left in the bracket. Interesting to think about.

Ive recovered from the loss. It's been a fun season, I'm looking forward to next year with a new look Jacks team and a new stadium.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2014, 04:38 PM

It is quite possible. They clearly hit their stride in the playoffs.

thebootfitter
December 7th, 2014, 07:20 PM
No, he's a Notre Dame fan who is an entitled little bitch that only exists on forums to troll people and be a controversial opinion compared to everyone else even if he doesn't believe the **** he's saying. There is a reason he's banned from Bisonville. Hopefully here soon too.
He does seem to be getting a little more over the top lately. Or else I just haven't been paying much attention until recently.

344Johnson
December 7th, 2014, 07:56 PM

5th through 12 grade. I recall my coaches blowing up on a weekly basis. Pointless.

I am a Notre Dame fan, along with millions of people. I try to watch games with an objective attitude. Something I'm guessing you have never done. If penalties get called on my teams that was questionable, I generally don't worry too much because it usually evens out throughout the game.

I also hold NDSU to a higher level of accountability than most bison fans and which is the funny thing.

dewey
December 7th, 2014, 09:49 PM
I had family at the game sending me numerous texts about if calls were legit or not. The punt block was legal, the face mask the referees call against NDSU was a face mask. The 2 pass interference penalties seemed very questionable to me especially the one on CJ Smith near the goal line. CJ has the right to occupy and go after the ball use he turned his head to loom for the ball...that one was bad. I never saw a replay of the third and forever defensive holding so I have no insight on that one.

I have no problem when a penalty is called on either team as long as it is legit or very close.

Dewey

344Johnson
December 7th, 2014, 09:54 PM
L

I had family at the game sending me numerous texts about if calls were legit or not. The punt block was legal, the face mask the referees call against NDSU was a face mask. The 2 pass interference penalties seemed very questionable to me especially the one on CJ Smith near the goal line. CJ has the right to occupy and go after the ball use he turned his head to loom for the ball...that one was bad. I never saw a replay of the third and forever defensive holding so I have no insight on that one.

I have no problem when a penalty is called on either team as long as it is legit or very close.

Dewey

No. If you don't think NDSU/MVFC is getting the short end of the stick, you are wrong! NDSU CAN DO NO WRONG RIGHT IBLEEDYELLOW?!

BisonFan02
December 8th, 2014, 12:30 AM
5th through 12 grade. I recall my coaches blowing up on a weekly basis. Pointless.

I am a Notre Dame fan, along with millions of people. I try to watch games with an objective attitude. Something I'm guessing you have never done. If penalties get called on my teams that was questionable, I generally don't worry too much because it usually evens out throughout the game.

I also hold NDSU to a higher level of accountability than most bison fans and which is the funny thing.

http://i.imgur.com/sWiS2.gif

unigriff thinks your experience is worthless.

bisonboone11
December 8th, 2014, 09:48 AM

The penalty was initially called on the field. Another ref attempted to overrule it by saying that the ball was tipped. My understanding is that they didn't review the play to assess the penalty. They reviewed the play for the call that negated the penalty. The important part, from my understanding, is that the penalty was initially called on the field. If they hadn't called the penalty initially, then they would not have been able to review it to assess the penalty.

I don't see anywhere in the "NCAA Football 2013 and 2014 Rules and Interpretations" that specifically addresses this situation, but my guess is that they could've used the part that says, "No other plays or officiating decisions are reviewable. However, the replay official may correct egregious errors, including those involving the game clock, whether or not a play is reviewable." With how obvious it was that the ball was not tipped, I would say they could justify that it was an egregious error to say it was tipped.

Jacks02
December 8th, 2014, 10:00 AM

SDSU losses were to Missouri, Illinois State, Youngstown State, NDSU and NDSU.

We were 4-2 in games where Sumner played the entire game, and both losses were to NDSU.

With a healthy Sumner and Schneider that loss to Youngstown doesn't happen. Our 4 remaining losses were to an SEC team that played in the SEC Championship game, 2 losses to the Bison, and a loss to Illinois State, who is a serious contender for the national championship.

I wouldn't claim we are the second best team in the country based off our playoff loss to NDSU, but I do believe we are legitimately worth discussing in the top 5.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 8th, 2014, 11:36 AM
I watched the game on Saturday and could not believe how bad the refs were against NDSU at home. They still won which is awesome and throws that conspiracy **** out the window but it sure looked like some people were reffing from the heart instead of from the eyes and mind.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2014, 11:55 AM
I watched the game on Saturday and could not believe how bad the refs were against NDSU at home. They still won which is awesome and throws that conspiracy **** out the window but it sure looked like some people were reffing from the heart instead of from the eyes and mind.

I liked the earlier explanation that it seemed the officials were out of their depth with the crowd and stuff like that. The Fargodome is a pretty intimidating place no matter what anyone says. They were doing a completely horse**** job from the beginning as evidenced by the Umpire being in the way for 2 plays out of the first 5.

For someone not to be watching the play clock is absurd. It looked like they were just guessing toward the end.

dewey
December 9th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Here is a link to a breakdown on the touchdown pass from Carson Wentz to RJ Urzendowski. Interesting read.

http://soshcentral.com/authors/mark-schofield/2014/12/09/fcs-north-dakota-state-bison/

Dewey