PDA

View Full Version : Battle for the Musket!!!

Mattymc727
November 17th, 2014, 06:44 AM
20053 20054

Almost the exact opposite situation as last years game. Still a lot on the line for UNH though as they try to become the sole champion of the CAA title champion. Game is at Maine, and its always close.

Mattymc727
November 17th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Also, for those that want a last look at UNH before the playoffs, this game is on NBC Sports at 3:30!!!!

superman7515
November 17th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Someone needs to start a letter writing campaign to Congress. The last thing we need is a gun on campus and to have it as some sort of trophy!?! Someone needs to think of the children. I'll tell you who is to blame, all those testosterone driven males with their ego driven Napoleon complexes. #Feminism

Mattymc727
November 17th, 2014, 03:04 PM
I think the winning team should get to shoot the other teams mascot with it.

Or at the very least have Gnarlz and Bananas (Yes thats what maine calls their mascot) wrestle in the ring at halftime.

Bisonator
November 17th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Someone needs to start a letter writing campaign to Congress. The last thing we need is a gun on campus and to have it as some sort of trophy!?! Someone needs to think of the children. I'll tell you who is to blame, all those testosterone driven males with their ego driven Napoleon complexes. #Feminism

Either that or get with the times and make it an AR!:D

Wildcat Pride
November 17th, 2014, 03:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2pc5fzCMAAARaP.jpg:large

ccd494
November 17th, 2014, 04:36 PM
I think the winning team should get to shoot the other teams mascot with it.

Or at the very least have Gnarlz and Bananas (Yes thats what maine calls their mascot) wrestle in the ring at halftime.

Your mascot's name is "Gnarlz." Probably ought not to be casting aspersions. "Gnarlz" sounds like a cartoon spokes-dog for a mid-90's bright green discount soda.

Skycop27
November 17th, 2014, 04:38 PM
How far does UNH fall if they loose to Maine this week?
Would they still be a top 8??

Gordon Shumway
November 17th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Your mascot's name is "Gnarlz." Probably ought not to be casting aspersions. "Gnarlz" sounds like a cartoon spokes-dog for a mid-90's bright green discount soda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCkerYMffMo

UNHWildcat18
November 17th, 2014, 06:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCkerYMffMo

HAHAHA

KPSUL
November 17th, 2014, 10:05 PM
UNH has won 11 of the past 12 games, including 5 of the last 6 in Orono. Maine would love to revenge the two losses to UNH last season but I don't see it happening. The home field advantage Maine enjoys over all other CAA teams doesn't extend to UNH. Maine may be able to play like they have nothing to lose, but they also have very little tangible to gain. When UNH upset Maine last season, they were still fighting for a playoff bid.

KPSUL
November 17th, 2014, 10:10 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2pc5fzCMAAARaP.jpg:large

Great picture! Number 34 looks like he rushed from the potato harvest just in time to make the game. This picture may be from the last game Maine actually won.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 17th, 2014, 10:12 PM
How far does UNH fall if they loose to Maine this week?
Would they still be a top 8??

I don't believe a team should be punished too severely for losing a legitimate rivalry game. Especially when it's on the road and against a feisty team like Maine. UNH would take a hit but they would remain in the top 8 imo...

Mattymc727
November 18th, 2014, 06:36 AM
I agree, UNH would still be top 8. Maine was in a similar position last year, dropped a road game at UNH to end the season, and was given the 5 seed still.

Skycop27
November 18th, 2014, 08:43 AM
I agree, UNH would still be top 8. Maine was in a similar position last year, dropped a road game at UNH to end the season, and was given the 5 seed still.

Hmmm, not sure if this is all good news? It was always interesting to see where the NCAA
would banish UNH (occasionally deserved) for a playoff game. Plus my frequent flyers
mileage account is kinda running low.

Georgia , Daytona , ooh I want to take ya
Louisiana , Montana , come on pretty mama
Iowa , Ohio , baby why don't we go, Carolina

Off the Arctic Circle, there's a place called Fargo
That's where I wanna go
Way up in Fargo

Mattymc727
November 18th, 2014, 11:16 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMGTWTVuFWA&feature=youtu.be

Skycop27
November 18th, 2014, 12:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMGTWTVuFWA&feature=youtu.be

AWESOME! Thank you xdrunkyx

Mattymc727
November 20th, 2014, 07:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a3ynzymSMQ&feature=youtu.be

Mattymc727
November 20th, 2014, 01:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a4Dxm2gdKg

ccd494
November 22nd, 2014, 04:13 PM
Maine's defense deserves so much better than this atrocious, atrocious offense. Maine has four first half takeaways... and three points.

dwtime
November 22nd, 2014, 04:26 PM
Maine's defense deserves so much better than this atrocious, atrocious offense. Maine has four first half takeaways... and three points.

Mostly terrible giveaways for both UNH's turnovers and Maines, terrible offense that half.

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2014, 04:32 PM

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2014, 04:53 PM
Been loving my Cats for over four decades now, hate to say this but this team is no way a number 1 team in the country

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2014, 06:01 PM
Cats doing everything to hand this game to Maine,but the Black bears don't want it. This is one ugly game

dwtime
November 22nd, 2014, 06:04 PM
Ugly win, got two weeks to fix it.

Old Cat Fan
November 22nd, 2014, 06:13 PM

I guess it better to get a big piece of humble pie now to make them realize they better bring their A game to the playoffs cause a game like this in a couple of weeks and they are one and done

Skycop27
November 22nd, 2014, 06:15 PM

There's not enough Macallans in my water closet to dull the pain from this debacle.
I accept all the switches and punishment the seedings committee might impose on us.
The the Tuna says - In the tournament, everyone is 0-0. Very simple - play like today,
we go home early. Play like we have been aal season, this is a top 4 team capable of
running the table.

art vandelay
November 22nd, 2014, 06:33 PM
There's not enough Macallans in my water closet to dull the pain from this debacle.
I accept all the switches and punishment the seedings committee might impose on us.
The the Tuna says - In the tournament, everyone is 0-0. Very simple - play like today,
we go home early. Play like we have been aal season, this is a top 4 team capable of
running the table.
OK lets step back from the ledge guys. I know it was ugly but it was one game and they won. Costal Carolina lost so I doubt they drop in rank. Ugly game offense good game defense.

dwtime
November 22nd, 2014, 06:37 PM
OK lets step back from the ledge guys. I know it was ugly but it was one game and they won. Costal Carolina lost so I doubt they drop in rank. Ugly game offense good game defense.

Lets be honest, very ugly game offense. Bad in every way especially play calling.

art vandelay
November 22nd, 2014, 06:42 PM
agreed. every team has them. I would like to see them not rely on the pass game so much but I don't think they were getting much of a push up front. I thought they really squandered the third and 1 and fourth and 1 from the 1.

mainejeff
November 22nd, 2014, 06:49 PM
Maine's D played horrible.....just like they did against Richmond.

ccd494
November 23rd, 2014, 12:29 AM

What? Maine's d carried this team. All year. And today. They held UNH to under 300 yards and had 6 takeaways! What more do you want?

This is a top 10 FCS defense and a bottom 10 offense.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 23rd, 2014, 12:32 AM

Maine was the FCS school that held UNH to their fewest point total of the year. Toledo also held the Wildcats to 20.....

after thinking about...Mainejeff has to be using sarcasm....

ccd494
November 23rd, 2014, 07:54 AM
Maine was the FCS school that held UNH to their fewest point total of the year. Toledo also held the Wildcats to 20.....

after thinking about...Mainejeff has to be using sarcasm....

Agreed, looking at it in the harsh light of day it was a shot at the UNH doom and gloom.

KPSUL
November 23rd, 2014, 08:41 AM
We got a win, and survived the most mistake ridden game of the season. It should have little or effect on seeding, except maybe NDSU ending up 1 and UNH 2 which makes no tangible difference to either team. In fact it takes a little pressure off UNH which has rarely been a front runner it - doesn't seem to fit us well. The Bison can handle it much better - they are well practiced. However, the game did point out the Wildcat's key weaknesses. One is easily corrected, the second is more pervasive. Ryan Carty and Sean McDonnell need to learn when to slow down the offensive and focus on running some time off the clock in a game like we just watched. Up 20-6 with 6 minutes left it makes no sense to throw 6 consecutive passes, using only 35 seconds in the process. If you're in a shoot out with Richmond or Villanova I get it. But they made that mistake against both Maine and Stony Brook, teams with great defenses but less than explosive offenses. The second is the place kicking game. Another missed PAT and short fieldgoal. Breda can clang a football off the upright better than any kicker I've ever seen. UNH needs a guy who can reliably hit PATs and FGs within 35 yards. Anybody know a good sports psychologist?

Mattymc727
November 23rd, 2014, 09:02 AM
How many teams can have 6 turnovers and still win?! That is just unreal!!!

I missed the game, but I knew Maine had a good defense and would put up a good fight. Sounds like Goldrich sucked last night but hey, rather have a stinker now rather than later.

Lets give the UNH defense a little credit too.

KPSUL
November 23rd, 2014, 01:45 PM
How many teams can have 6 turnovers and still win?! That is just unreal!!!

I missed the game, but I knew Maine had a good defense and would put up a good fight. Sounds like Goldrich sucked last night but hey, rather have a stinker now rather than later.

Lets give the UNH defense a little credit too.

No question. The UNH defense deserves the credit for that win. They stopped Maine cold after most of those turnovers.

mainejeff
November 23rd, 2014, 02:17 PM
The UNH defense deserves the credit for that win.

xlolxxlolxxlolx.....that's funny right there.

KPSUL
November 23rd, 2014, 03:31 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolx.....that's funny right there.

Winning 1 out of 13, 1 out of 7 on your own field against your "rival". How's that for funny?