PDA

View Full Version : Saints Best Rookie Isn't Bush...

TexasTerror
November 11th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Got to love the love that Marques Colston is getting. I love this AP article that makes sure it's known that #2 draft pick Reggie Bush isn't making the biggest impact, but it's Colston who is. Bush has been paid the millions to be a decoy, who with the ball can't produce...

The Saints rookie who has made the biggest impact isn't Bush but wide receiver Marques Colston, a seventh-round draft pick from I-AA Hofstra who made 11 catches against the Buccaneers. He has seven touchdowns among his 44 receptions.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/15989304.htm

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 11th, 2006, 02:01 PM
A runningback with impressive college numbers that had a quarterback with good college numbers on his team is always going to be suspect in my book. Obviously, the good passing game that USC had along with their good offensive line opened big holes for Reggie Bush to run through.

I predict Houston fans will be less upset about their team not picking Reggie Bush as time passes.

Not trying to take away from Colston's achievements though, good for him.

TexasTerror
November 11th, 2006, 02:02 PM
I predict Houston fans will be less upset about their team not picking Reggie Bush as time passes.

Houston fans are already turning the corner...

Mario Williams is beginning to get involved on many plays (both pass and rush). Has had a sack in each of the last few since getting his first.

The main Houston Chronicle columnist was saying this week that all of us have a long list of those to apologize for blasting the passing of Bush...

Uncle Buck
November 11th, 2006, 05:01 PM
I'm a Jets and Skins fan, but as a Hofstra football alum, I may have to pick up a Colston jersey.

PenguinPride23
November 12th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Watching him tear up the Steelers right now :cool:

grizband
November 12th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Colston's first half stats: 7 catches for 128 yards :eek: , no TDS yet

I still can't believe he was the 4th from last pick in the draft. :rotateh:

Peems
November 12th, 2006, 04:53 PM
reggie has a touchdown:nod:

psc2445
November 12th, 2006, 05:53 PM
man he is a stud, glad to see a fellow I-AA doing well!

kardplayer
November 12th, 2006, 08:17 PM
I still can't believe he was the 4th from last pick in the draft. :rotateh:

I still can't believe he has more 100 yard games this year in the NFL than he did last year at Hofstra!

Retro
November 12th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Got to love the love that Marques Colston is getting. I love this AP article that makes sure it's known that #2 draft pick Reggie Bush isn't making the biggest impact, but it's Colston who is. Bush has been paid the millions to be a decoy, who with the ball can't produce...

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/15989304.htm

In all fairness to Bush, he doesn't start and every team is keying on him when he's in the game, so i'd rather not compare colston to him. The most important thing is that the saints are 6 - 3, because of all these old and new weapons.:hurray:

Instead i'd say Colston has turned out to be the best rookie in all the NFL.

bobcatfan06
November 13th, 2006, 12:16 AM
I stole Colston in my fantasy league and he racks up the points every week. I love it.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 13th, 2006, 10:08 PM
I stole Colston in my fantasy league and he racks up the points every week. I love it.

LoL if you're opponents aren't IAA football fans, they probably passed over him and went for hyped players like Reggie Bush.

If people are really "keying on him", the Saints ought to be able to use that to their advantage and do better than they are doing now.

If USC's good passing game didn't deter opposing defenses from putting too many men in the box, Bush probably could have never gotten the Heisman, it's that simple.

Calilumber
November 15th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Wow,

You guys gotta be kidding when you say Bush is all hype. Bush will be one of the most productive players ever to play in the NFL, just give him a little time. I do really like the kid from Hofstra, but Bush will have a bigger career and greater impact in the NFL.

kardplayer
November 15th, 2006, 11:47 PM
The fascinating part is I think he has more 100 yard games this year than he did last year for Hofstra

bobcatfan06
November 19th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Colston sprained his ankle today versus the Bengals, so he will be out for a few weeks. :(

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2006, 12:22 PM
Interesting tidbit from The Sports Guy's column (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/061117) this week:

I have a friend that we'll call Someone Who Knows These Things. Let's just say he's connected with the league. I asked him how Marques Colston could slip to the seventh round last year and, apparently, SWKTT said that he would have gone higher but he feuded with his Hofstra coaches and they apparently bad mouthed him to all the NFL teams. This stuff happens more than you would think before the draft. Anyway, the day after he told me this, I was answering e-mails and watching "All The Right Moves" on cable, saw Craig T. Nelson bad mouthing Cruise's character to the college scouts and realized, "Wow, Colston is the Stefan Djordjevic of the NFL right now!"

I saw Colston last year, and if I remember right he had injury problems his senior year. I have no proof that this is true or not.