PDA

View Full Version : Who do you Want/Dont want to face in the Playoffs?

Mattymc727
November 11th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Did this thread a couple of years ago. Playoffs are starting to take shape and some teams are getting hot and cold at the right time...

Lets hear it, who do you want to avoid and who do you want to beat???

For UNH? Im a sucker for rematches so UNI is my top choice. Another crack at NDSU would be fun (Maybe?), I also want another great Nova/UNH matchup to settle the CAA once and for all.

Avoid? I think right now just Chattanooga, they seem hot right now and have all the right tools to beat a team like UNH. Id take my chances in NH during November/December though.

jmrepak
November 11th, 2014, 12:02 PM
I would like to avoid playing our 4th MEAC game this year. xrolleyesx

I would like to face CAA/SoCon competition in the first 2-3 rounds rather than having to travel 8,000 miles and cross timelines 10 times in 10 days.

skinny_uncle
November 11th, 2014, 12:04 PM
I would be in no hurry to face the Bison. Outside of that, I would just be glad to be in.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2014, 12:07 PM
In no particular order.

Eastern Washington
Eastern Washington
Eastern Washington
Eastern Washington
Eastern Washington
Eastern Washington
Eastern Washington
Eastern Washington
Chattanooga

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 11th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Bring them on.

I would like to see some teams that the Bison do not normally see.

UNH Fanboi
November 11th, 2014, 12:08 PM
I think UNH-EWU would be a very fun matchup--probably over 100 points scored. I too want revenge against UNI.

I don't want any part of Nova. Robertson could give our D a lot of problems.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 11th, 2014, 12:10 PM
If I'm EWU, CCU, Montana State and maybe UNH, I don't want to face Fordham. A healthy Nebric with those skill guys will be a nightmare......

Big Dawg
November 11th, 2014, 12:12 PM
I would like to avoid playing our 4th MEAC game this year. xrolleyesx

Nope, you're basically a MEAC team at this point....and since you guys are a MEAC team, we thank you in advance for bringing us our first playoff victory since 1999

Go get 'em, Champ

IBleedYellow
November 11th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Anyone and everyone. The Bison will be ready. I hope.

Sycamore62
November 11th, 2014, 12:18 PM
I dont want to face the TV watching teams other than ISUb

Fordham
November 11th, 2014, 12:23 PM
NDSU and UNI, unless it was in the semis or, preferably, finals. Teams with a pounding running game usually pound pretty well against us.

Panther-State
November 11th, 2014, 12:28 PM

Winner.

tomq04
November 11th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Bring Sam Houston back!

knucklehead
November 11th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Exactly. As a Liberty fan I'd be thrilled to face Any Team in the playoffs. Bring on the Seminoles. Anyone!

HailSzczur
November 11th, 2014, 12:39 PM
@NDSU or @EWU again.

JMUNJ08
November 11th, 2014, 12:47 PM
I would love a BSC/ Southland/ MVFC team come to Bridgeforth. Who would we really outbid? NAU? ISUo? ISUb?

NHwildEcat
November 11th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Whoever we face in the national title game...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Bring them on.

I would like to see some teams that the Bison do not normally see.

This.

There is nobody I don't wish to play.

Bisonator
November 11th, 2014, 12:53 PM
I like the PO's because of matchups with teams we normally don't see. So basically any teams outside of the MVFC would be my preference.

HailSzczur
November 11th, 2014, 12:54 PM
I would love to see UNH drop a game down the stretch so we could jump them (maybe?) and bring them back to the Mainline for a CAA title game and another snow game though....because that worked so well last time

rokamortis
November 11th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Nope, you're basically a MEAC team at this point....and since you guys are a MEAC team, we thank you in advance for bringing us our first playoff victory since 1999

Go get 'em, Champ

But we are more of a SoCon team. So I think it would be good to face UTC to see if we can complete the sweep against their best team.

I don't want to face BCU - been there (2012), done that (2013) and would like to play some different teams. Would prefer no rematches from this season for the same reason.

Cocky
November 11th, 2014, 01:10 PM
If we play our game and do not turn the ball over, we match up well with anyone.

melloware13
November 11th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Anyone (we still have a chance).

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2014, 01:15 PM
I'd like to see UNH, preferably in Cedar Falls since I don't have time to make the trip out there. Guess you guys need to lose some games. :)

JacksTown
November 11th, 2014, 01:18 PM
The second annual jackoff bowl

WestCoastAggie
November 11th, 2014, 01:19 PM
I just want the Aggies to get into the dance! I really like our offense this year.

dbackjon
November 11th, 2014, 01:25 PM
I'd like to face a Pioneer, Patriot, NEC or MEAC team :)

VUCats02
November 11th, 2014, 01:33 PM
I'd love to see how Nova plays on the red turf without turning the ball over 5 times in one game and still barely losing.

Also would love to play UNH for the CAA title. Even though Nova beat Fordham 50-6, for some reason I just don't want to play Fordham again! Might be the weirdest thing I've ever said in my life.

Sycamore62
November 11th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Does anyone think this would happen if all the teams i mention win out?

EIU vs ISUb feeding into ISUr? Seems that would be the pinnacle of regionalization, wouldnt it?

45min drive might offset the thanksgiving attendance problems.

FargoBison
November 11th, 2014, 01:43 PM
I'd like to face a Pioneer, Patriot, NEC or MEAC team :)

Unfortunately though you are west, that means SLC or MVFC.

PantherRob82
November 11th, 2014, 01:45 PM
If we are in the first round, the MEAC/Pioneer champ sounds nice.

Would rather not have any rematches, especially early.

If we make it to Frisco I don't want to play the Bison because they drive up ticket prices. :)

Kemo
November 11th, 2014, 01:50 PM
I'd like to see SDSU get sent east, though I don't think it'll happen. Haven't seen the Jackrabbits square off against an East Coast opponent since Delaware in 2010 (which didn't go well) and I'd like to see how we'd match up.

KPSUL
November 11th, 2014, 02:12 PM
I think UNH-EWU would be a very fun matchup--probably over 100 points scored. I too want revenge against UNI.

I don't want any part of Nova. Robertson could give our D a lot of problems.
UNH has done a lot better vs a great read option QB oriented offense than an effective ball control, ground and pound offense over the last two seasons. Last season we beat Villanova with Roberson at QB and Maine playing Wasilewski -twice. Also Bennett at SE Louisiana in the playoffs. On the other hand Towson, and NDSU pretty well manhandled us. The defense is all around better this season but I still think it is better suited to a team that relies heavily on QB play and not a powerful O-Line and a running attack.

RabidRabbit
November 11th, 2014, 02:14 PM
From JacksTown: The second annual jackoff bowl

xlolx Have two possible choices. Either another Lumberjack (SFA) or Jackrabbits (SDSU)

I'd like the Rabbits to get a path that skips other MVFC teams until at least the quarterfinals, and matches us east (rather than Southland or Big Sky).

The two teams that I don't want to see until about the finals is NDSU or UNI. Think our proximity to Fargo will be too easy for the selection committee from making us go there in the round of 16, even though Jacks are likely to be top 10 team in GPI/Massey/Sagarin.

KPSUL
November 11th, 2014, 02:15 PM
If we are in the first round, the MEAC/Pioneer champ sounds nice.

Would rather not have any rematches, especially early.

If we make it to Frisco I don't want to play the Bison because they drive up ticket prices. :)

If they don't make it, there will be a lot of bargains on the ticket resale market.

Lehigh'98
November 11th, 2014, 02:29 PM
If I'm EWU, CCU, Montana State and maybe UNH, I don't want to face Fordham. A healthy Nebric with those skill guys will be a nightmare......

See, the 50-6 loss to a Nova team with a loss to Richmond and no one will be fearful of playing them.

Teams matchup differently though. If I'm the Bison I want nothing to do with UNI again. They are better upfront.
If I'm UNI, Nova or EWU with a mobile QB would be much tougher to stop than the Bison 1 dimensional offense.
if I'm UNH or CCU, I'd really wanna stay out of the Fargo Dome...
Lehigh is a matchup nightmare for most middle school offenses.

Grizalltheway
November 11th, 2014, 02:38 PM
I would love a BSC/ Southland/ MVFC team come to Bridgeforth. Who would we really outbid? NAU? ISUo? ISUb?

Things didn't go so well the last time a BSC team went to Bridgeforth...

Thumper 76
November 11th, 2014, 03:38 PM
If SDSU makes it if like to see Fordham in Brookings. I think it would be similar to when EIU came out.

Thumper 76
November 11th, 2014, 03:39 PM
And follow that with a shot at EWU again, or an SLC team would be fun.

thebootfitter
November 11th, 2014, 03:43 PM
If I'm UNI, Nova or EWU with a mobile QB would be much tougher to stop than the Bison 1 dimensional offense.
if I'm UNH or CCU, I'd really wanna stay out of the Fargo Dome...
I'm curious what makes you think the Bison have a one-dimensional offense. I don't have the stats from this year in front of me, but historically the Bison have been one of the most balanced offenses around -- at least from a purely statistical perspective between rushing and passing. This year, they have been a little shaky at times, but overall they still have similar stats compared to previous years.

JacksTown
November 11th, 2014, 03:51 PM
From JacksTown: The second annual jackoff bowl

xlolx Have two possible choices. Either another Lumberjack (SFA) or Jackrabbits (SDSU)

I suppose the Colorado Plateau Lumberjacks have fared better in the state of Texas this season, with a huge win over the fightin Abilene Christian Wildcats. In contrast to our last two games against the South Dakoda squads (first annual jackoff bowl included).

However with any luck and last second drives. We’ll be playing in the second annual jackoff bowl and first annual lumberjerk. Hope we don’t get the biscuit.

BisonFan02
November 11th, 2014, 03:56 PM
Chatty, the Oakland Raiders, Georgia Southern, and Lehigh

JMUNJ08
November 11th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Things didn't go so well the last time a BSC team went to Bridgeforth...

With all the TO's and losing our top 2/3 player in the country midway, we still lost by just 1 score. Oh, only if we didn't have every brain fart we avoided all season in one game....

Grizalltheway
November 11th, 2014, 04:24 PM
With all the TO's and losing our top 2/3 player in the country midway, we still lost by just 1 score. Oh, only if we didn't have every brain fart we avoided all season in one game....

Sorry to bring up a painful memory. I have enough CAA-induced ones I figured it was only fair.:D

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 11th, 2014, 04:31 PM
If SDSU makes it if like to see Fordham in Brookings. I think it would be similar to when EIU came out.

PL still owns an all-time winning record, 3-2, against the Gateway/MVFC in the playoffs...xthumbsupx

Bison56
November 11th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Lehigh......... Opps sorry

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2014, 04:33 PM
PL still owns an all-time winning record, 3-2, against the Gateway/MVFC in the playoffs...xthumbsupx

Still waiting for Lehigh to score.....

TheRevSFA
November 11th, 2014, 04:34 PM
I would like to see SFA get an at large and somehow make it through to play NDSU. I'd love an excuse to go to Fargo

BisonFan02
November 11th, 2014, 04:34 PM
I would like to see SFA get an at large and somehow make it through to play NDSU. I'd love an excuse to go to Fargo

Just come up for a game anyway!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 11th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Still waiting for Lehigh to score.....

Even with the shutout Lehigh owns a 51-38 scoring advantage over MVFC teams. Edge Hartwell is still trying to find his pride and Renne is still picking himself off of the UNI Dome turf....

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Even with the shutout Lehigh owns a 51-38 scoring advantage over MVFC teams. Edge Hartwell is still trying to find his pride and Renne is still picking himself off of the UNI Dome turf....

Funny, all I remember is Chris Lum....

http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/gamecast/bam/2011/1210/rth_20027969_th_11.jpg

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 11th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Funny, all I remember is Chris Lum....

http://a.espncdn.com/media/motion/gamecast/bam/2011/1210/rth_20027969_th_11.jpg

And all I remember from my trip to the Fargo Dome that year....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/381830_287317931300645_1567853347_n.jpg?oh=9a1d600 5379d3b8c305641cc074c6cee&oe=54DE25D7&__gda__=1424027702_90f20bc0247c64006b5c1252e76812e 2

BisonFan02
November 11th, 2014, 04:45 PM
http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh_impact/photo/chris-lum-against-north-dakota-state-f16256b1fb0aec7a.jpg

At least the Pards put points on the board against the Bison..... :D

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 11th, 2014, 04:47 PM
..and those points they scored against NDSU really served them well against Lehigh :D.

BisonFan02
November 11th, 2014, 04:47 PM
..and those points they scored against NDSU really served them well against Lehigh :D.

Must just be about the matchup.... xlolx

Sammy94
November 11th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Bring Sam Houston back!

you wouldn't want that. If we make it in I don't want to face UNI or the Bison. Would love to see a Keeler/CAA match up or any Big Sky team.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 11th, 2014, 04:49 PM
Must just be about the matchup.... xlolx

Having Spadola's 5 receptions for 115 yards helped too....

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2014, 04:49 PM
http://media.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh_impact/photo/chris-lum-against-north-dakota-state-f16256b1fb0aec7a.jpg

At least the Pards put points on the board against the Bison..... :D

That has to be my favorite picture ever.

BisonFan02
November 11th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Having Spadola's 5 receptions for 115 yards helped too....

Sooooooo.............spot you guys 3 points for twitter gate?

AggieManiac704
November 11th, 2014, 04:52 PM
I just wanna get in the playoffs first.....our resume is too weak right now. Even if we get 10 wins.

However....I would like another game vs Coastal

blackbeard
November 11th, 2014, 05:31 PM
Anyone...... and if we win Saturday I get my wish!

stevdock
November 11th, 2014, 05:59 PM
you wouldn't want that. If we make it in I don't want to face UNI or the Bison. Would love to see a Keeler/CAA match up or any Big Sky team.

Of course you'd like a Big Sky team, back to back Big Sky champs right?? ;)

I'd personally like to see teams we haven't seen before. Even though last year's playoff run was a lecture in domination, it was fun to see teams we haven't played before.

Also I'd just love to see Frisco. First year I had surgery 2 weeks before the game, second year my wife wasn't working so money was too tight, and last year I couldn't get out of work. This year I have it approved, I just need my team to be there :)

chattanoogamocs
November 11th, 2014, 06:51 PM
I would like to see the Mocs play CCU...seems like everyone else in the SoCon had a shot at them...would be cool to see the two conference champs line up for Southern bragging rights.

Also wouldn't mind another shot at JSU. Mocs played poorly in their first two games of the season...would like to see JSU and UTC line up with both teams hitting on all cylinders (plus it would be the easiest trip for fans).

Outside of that...I will just be happy to see the Mocs play ANYBODY in the playoff game. It would be cool to play someone outside of the region (meaning anyone not OVC/SoCon)

I am really hoping for a first round bye so my son can go to his first ever playoff game (my kid is already pretty spoiled...I had to wait 30 years for a SoCon title...he has already seen two in just his first 18 months)

dudeitsaid
November 11th, 2014, 06:55 PM
In no particular order.

Eastern Washington
Eastern Washington
Eastern Washington
Eastern Washington
Eastern Washington
Eastern Washington
Eastern Washington
Eastern Washington
Chattanooga

NDSU
NDSU
NDSU
NDSU
NDSU
NDSU
NDSU
NDSU
North Dakota State University
The Bison
Brock Jensen (Can he come back?!? Claim some kind of medical hardship?)
NAU

NAU just to show them who we are when VA is playing. NDSU, because I've wanted to see that game for years (I know, I know, win the semis and we would have...).

I don't want to see SHSU, MSU, or ISU. I think all can be explosive teams and it's hard to beat a good team twice.

TennBison
November 11th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Right now the team I would like to see the most is UNI, for that to happen though(in what I would predict to be the 2nd round) NDSU and UNI both need to win out(to get the proper seeding to make the game happen) . UNI wins their first round game and then match up against NDSU in the second round. Some fans would say they would rather meet in the semi finals or even the championship game, but I want an early round game with them, if we can't beat them in the second round what does it matter if we play them in later rounds. Other than that, I don't care what team we play no matter if it is in the dome or not. But if I had to pick a team that worries me it would be UNI, and possibly EWU(though at the same time I would really like a game with them as well).

Grizo406
November 11th, 2014, 08:25 PM
I don't give a **** who it is...I'd just like to see the Griz in the Playoffs!xnodx

Thumper 76
November 11th, 2014, 08:26 PM
I wouldn't mind another shot at Montana to erase the bad taste from my mouth from the game that shall not be mentioned.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 11th, 2014, 09:12 PM
I want to see NDSU vs. Villanova in one semi and either EWU or UNH vs one of the "disrespected 3" Coastal, Jax State or Fordham in the other. Robertson and Talley are two guys you'd want leading your team into the dome. I still think the Wildcats have the physicality to battle the Bison in the trenches....

UNH/EWU are both nasty teams when rolling and I really think one of those above mentioned three are good enough to reach Frisco with the right draw. Any combo would generate a lot of points and make for a good watch......

Kemo
November 11th, 2014, 09:12 PM
I wouldn't mind another shot at Montana to erase the bad taste from my mouth from the game that shall not be mentioned.

We do owe them an ass whooping for that one. Sadly, it could be 80-0 in favor of SDSU and it still wouldn't atone for the 2009 game. It still makes me sad just thinking about it. MARIANI!!!!!!!!!!

Red & Black
November 11th, 2014, 09:15 PM
My first choice would be NAU in an early round. After that, the MVFC and CAA games are always fun. EWU/NDSU is probably the one I'd most like to see, especially in a final.

Thumper 76
November 11th, 2014, 09:18 PM
We do owe them an ass whooping for that one. Sadly, it could be 80-0 in favor of SDSU and it still wouldn't atone for the 2009 game. It still makes me sad just thinking about it. MARIANI!!!!!!!!!!
Just the thought of that game makes me want to drink heavily

lionsrking2
November 11th, 2014, 09:36 PM
There's nobody in particular I'd rather face, or avoid, though wouldn't mind playing New Hampshire again.

Nickels
November 12th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Of course you'd like a Big Sky team, back to back Big Sky champs right?? ;)

Back (2011) to Back (2012) to Back (2013) actually xcoffeex

AmsterBison
November 12th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Only team I don't want NDSU to face is a home team.

My dream run to a trophy would be NDSU v EWU, Jacksonville State, UNI, and Montana State (in no particular order.)