PDA

View Full Version : AGS Poll Results - Week 11 - 2014

Pages : 1 [2]

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2014, 12:30 PM
The gap is as big as ever. Last year a record number of FCS teams beat FBS teams - does that mean the gap between those two is shrinking?
NAU has lost to a DII in the past - so I guess the gap was small in the 80's, as well?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - -

Whatever gets you through the day

this week you'll see a Div 3 team beat an FCS team... FCS not what it once was....

Nickels
November 11th, 2014, 12:41 PM
When you are down 40 points AT HOME to a DII team and only make it semi-respectable in garbage time then it is a horrible loss.

Yes they have a path to the playoffs. A lot of teams do.

You asked why people aren't ranking them. I gave you a damn good reason why.
That DII team was better than EVERY BSC team we've played the past 4 years. They would win the SLC outright this year.

JMUNJ08
November 11th, 2014, 12:44 PM
That DII team was better than ANY BSC team we've played the past 4 years. They would win the SLC outright this year.

What does that say about the Southland then for this year? Not helping your At Large bid chances there...

- - - Updated - - -

Running the site to over 10,000 members when AGS started with 23 is pretty horrific. AGS never publicized ballots but officials of the NCAA trusted me when I said that all votes are verified. I don't hide behind my keyboard and screen names like these other people. Now stop this silly stuff and talk FCS.

xlolx

awesome.

xpopcornx xpopcornx xpopcornx

Nickels
November 11th, 2014, 12:45 PM
What does that say about the Southland then for this year? Not helping your At Large bid chances there...

- - - Updated - - -

xpopcornx xpopcornx xpopcornx
What does that say about the BCS which typically gets the most bids every year?

JMUNJ08
November 11th, 2014, 12:49 PM

don't poke the fluffy bear! You have seen the playoff results outside EWU? the league doesn't need to be kicked anymore...

dbackjon
November 11th, 2014, 12:52 PM
this week you'll see a Div 3 team beat an FCS team... FCS not what it once was....

Which one? A full schollie FCS team?

dbackjon
November 11th, 2014, 01:00 PM
That DII team was better than EVERY BSC team we've played the past 4 years. They would win the SLC outright this year.

LOL - you do realize that CS-Pueblo LOST to a 3 win Ft. Lewis, a team that UC-Davis beat 52-17. Fort Lewis also lost to NM Highlands by 35, a team NAU beat by 40.

So, I guess NAU is 96 points better than Sam Houston :)

ursus arctos horribilis
November 11th, 2014, 01:01 PM

I assume you meant BSC? Name the years the BSC has had the most bids if so. I mean if it's typically every year there must be a bunch of them.

Nickels
November 11th, 2014, 01:12 PM
I assume you meant BSC? Name the years the BSC has had the most bids if so. I mean if it's typically every year there must be a bunch of them.

Well it sure as hell seems like they get the most bids considering they're the only teams we ever see in the playoffs...

Lehigh Football Nation
November 11th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Well it sure as hell seems like they get the most bids considering they're the only teams we ever see in the playoffs...

An excellent case for more Patriot League teams in there. xlolx

Nickels
November 11th, 2014, 01:15 PM

I'm all for that. xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
November 11th, 2014, 04:17 PM

There's never a case for more Patriot League teams in the playoffs

caribbeanhen
November 11th, 2014, 06:31 PM
I'm, assuming then, you believe Iowa State would be FCS champs?

The Rainbows....

Engineer86
November 11th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Someone laid out a decent explanation for why they didn't vote for Bethune, but that methodology ignores conference losses by teams in other conferences. I brought up Bryant because Bethune-Cookman's win over FBS FIU is better than any win on Bryant's resume; but Bryant is undefeated in their conference so they don't have any perceived 'bad losses'. All I can say is don't be shocked if the MEAC gets three teams in this year. NCCU is going to do its best to knock out A&T, but should we be beaten soundly, the committee will be left with a real dilemma. On top of that, A&T's AD is on the committee, and he's never been one to avoid controversy. He won't get to vote on his own team, but I'm sure he'll have some influence.

So three extra first round byes xthumbsupx

BlueHenSinfonian
November 11th, 2014, 07:23 PM

Fordham and Bucknell (if they win out) both deserve a spot.

Red & Black
November 11th, 2014, 09:19 PM

Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lionsrking2
November 11th, 2014, 09:29 PM

Don't get carried away, CSU-Pueblo would finish middle of the pack at best. You guys had a bad night, didn't take them seriously and laid an egg - just like we did at SEMO. They're a great D-II team but wouldn't survive a full season run through any major FCS conference.

jmrepak
November 12th, 2014, 06:36 AM
NAU should be in the 15-16 range
Just kind of re-reading this thread and I am really surprised NAU is getting as many votes as they are in the ORV section Or are ranked by the writers. They have a one great win over EWU sans-VA, one good win over Cal Poly and a better than average schedule, but their losses to South Dakota and Northern Colorado are ugly.

Fear the Bird
November 12th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Just kind of re-reading this thread and I am really surprised NAU is getting as many votes as they are in the ORV section Or are ranked by the writers. They have a one great win over EWU sans-VA, one good win over Cal Poly and a better than average schedule, but their losses to South Dakota and Northern Colorado are ugly.

I agree and do not have them ranked

Houndawg
November 12th, 2014, 07:32 AM
This...

This site was literally shut down for months. He would solicit donations nonstop and would get thousands and thousands of dollars every year from it. Turns out he wasn't paying bills with it...he was doing crack, or whatever his drug of choice was, on the message board users dime.

The reason this poll might have lost some respect has zero to do with ursus or Great App State (who saved this place). In fact, because of ursus and what he's done here and with the FCS Wedge I would say this site is much more respected now than it ever was with that dip**** running it.

Is he the same peckerwood that had everybody leaving for cs.com?

- - - Updated - - -

This...

This site was literally shut down for months. He would solicit donations nonstop and would get thousands and thousands of dollars every year from it. Turns out he wasn't paying bills with it...he was doing crack, or whatever his drug of choice was, on the message board users dime.

The reason this poll might have lost some respect has zero to do with ursus or Great App State (who saved this place). In fact, because of ursus and what he's done here and with the FCS Wedge I would say this site is much more respected now than it ever was with that dip**** running it.

clenz
November 12th, 2014, 07:37 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Yes

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nickels
November 12th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Don't get carried away, CSU-Pueblo would finish middle of the pack at best. You guys had a bad night, didn't take them seriously and laid an egg - just like we did at SEMO. They're a great D-II team but wouldn't survive a full season run through any major FCS conference.

Honestly we didn't play well at all but it wasn't that bad. They simply whooped our ass, much worse than the score indicated. Their 6'7 QB was better than Bell, Brock, V Adams, Bennett, ect. Speaking of size, their entire team was big (http://www.gothunderwolves.com/sports/fball/2014-15/roster). Their back up QB was even big (6'6) They were well coached. Great O and D lines. Overall a much more complete team than anything we've seen in the SLC lately.

MTfan4life
November 12th, 2014, 09:06 AM

It's called regional play. There are two conferences in the "West" region. The Southland and the Big Sky. Same reason why the Patriot almost always would play against a CAA school.

Considering your at-large assumption problem, here is more accurate data to show to all the Big Sky conspiracy theorists out there. Number of total bids for each conference since 2000:
CAA - 49
MVFC - 34
Southern - 34
Big Sky - 33
Southland - 25

ursus arctos horribilis
November 12th, 2014, 11:33 AM
It's called regional play. There are two conferences in the "West" region. The Southland and the Big Sky. Same reason why the Patriot almost always would play against a CAA school.

Considering your at-large assumption problem, here is more accurate data to show to all the Big Sky conspiracy theorists out there. Number of total bids for each conference since 2000:
CAA - 49
MVFC - 34
Southern - 34
Big Sky - 33
Southland - 25

And yet many have talked themselves and each other into something untrue so they will continue on with the bull**** as if it hasn't been refuted on multiple occasions.

KUlawJack
November 12th, 2014, 01:31 PM

CAA - 49
MVFC - 34
Southern - 34
Big Sky - 33
Southland - 25

Good information.

Are we considered in the "West" region then?

dbackjon
November 12th, 2014, 02:52 PM

So who are your 15-25 teams? Do tell.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree and do not have them ranked

So who are your 15-25 teams? Do tell.

dbackjon
November 12th, 2014, 02:55 PM
Honestly we didn't play well at all but it wasn't that bad. They simply whooped our ass, much worse than the score indicated. Their 6'7 QB was better than Bell, Brock, V Adams, Bennett, ect. Speaking of size, their entire team was big (http://www.gothunderwolves.com/sports/fball/2014-15/roster). Their back up QB was even big (6'6) They were well coached. Great O and D lines. Overall a much more complete team than anything we've seen in the SLC lately.

Since you ignored my response to your drivel about CSPueblo being better than any BSC team you have played recently (I guess that includes the ass-whooping EWU put on you, a team NAU beat, here it is again...

LOL - you do realize that CS-Pueblo LOST to a 3 win Ft. Lewis, a team that UC-Davis beat 52-17. Fort Lewis also lost to NM Highlands by 35, a team NAU beat by 40.

Texas
November 12th, 2014, 03:48 PM
Since you ignored my response to your drivel about CSPueblo being better than any BSC team you have played recently (I guess that includes the ass-whooping EWU put on you, a team NAU beat, here it is again...

That ass whooping EWU put on us? Guess you didn't watch that game at all.

I do agree I doubt CSP would beat any of the better Big Sky teams. Our team flatout didn't care about them, you mix that in with new coaches and new players it was a recipe for disaster.

bjtheflamesfan
November 12th, 2014, 08:36 PM
If Ralph was good for one thing he took away from people trashing my ballot lol (despite his raging bitterness and obvious dark side tendencies)

caribbeanhen
November 12th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Which one? A full schollie FCS team?

Wesley College currently #4 in DIII visits Charlotte, Wesley beat them last year.

PantherRob82
November 12th, 2014, 10:01 PM
If Ralph was good for one thing he took away from people trashing my ballot lol (despite his raging bitterness and obvious dark side tendencies)

Repost your ballot so we can go back to trashing it. :D

MTfan4life
November 13th, 2014, 03:36 AM
Good information.

Are we considered in the "West" region then?

No, you guys are in the Midwest with the OVC and Pioneer. The South comprises of the Southern, Big South, and MEAC. (and the SWAC) The East is the NEC, CAA, and Patriot. (And the Ivy)

MTfan4life
November 13th, 2014, 04:09 AM

Northern Arizona lost to a 3 win Northern Colorado. Would you prefer NAU was judged on that loss? Don't judge a team on their fluke losses. CSU-P would have a legitimate chance at being a top tier Big Sky team this season, and that's not a put down towards the Big Sky. They're just that good. I don't know what happened to them after beating Sam Houston, but they're back to their slaughtering ways now, roughing up teams who annihilated Fort Lewis. This is not a D-II board, so I'll stop talking about them here, but it's not accurate to down play CSU-P.

bjtheflamesfan
November 13th, 2014, 06:24 AM
1: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
2: New Hampshire Wildcats
3: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
4: North Dakota State Bison
5: Villanova Wildcats
6: Eastern Washington Eagles
7: Illinois State Redbirds
8: Fordham Rams
9: Chattanooga Mocs
10: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
11: Richmond Spiders
12: Montana State Bobcats
13: Liberty Flames
14: Youngstown State Penguins
15: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
16: Northern Iowa Panthers
17: Harvard Crimson
18: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
19: Bryant Bulldogs
20: Indiana State Sycamores
21: James Madison Dukes
22: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
23: Idaho State Bengals
24: Cal Poly Mustangs
25: Montana Grizzlies

Here is my ballot after a couple weeks taking care of my wife and son while she recovers from a back injury...some may think I suffered a head injury with this ballot so flame away
Here ya go

Cocky
November 13th, 2014, 06:43 AM
No, you guys are in the Midwest with the OVC and Pioneer. The South comprises of the Southern, Big South, and MEAC. (and the SWAC) The East is the NEC, CAA, and Patriot. (And the Ivy)
With my accent, I've never been called Midwestern before.

Professor Chaos
November 13th, 2014, 08:34 AM
With my accent, I've never been called Midwestern before.
A lofty compliment indeed.

dbackjon
November 13th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Northern Arizona lost to a 3 win Northern Colorado. Would you prefer NAU was judged on that loss? Don't judge a team on their fluke losses. CSU-P would have a legitimate chance at being a top tier Big Sky team this season, and that's not a put down towards the Big Sky. They're just that good. I don't know what happened to them after beating Sam Houston, but they're back to their slaughtering ways now, roughing up teams who annihilated Fort Lewis. This is not a D-II board, so I'll stop talking about them here, but it's not accurate to down play CSU-P.

Everyone is (and deservedly so) knocking NAU for losing to UNC. NAU is a team that should be ranked in the 20's. Decent, capable of good games, but also bad games. But facts seem to confuse certain posters on this board. It is a fact that SHSU lost to CS-Pueblo by 26. It is a fact that CS-Pueblo lost to very bad DII team Ft. Lewis. The post I was responding to said the CS-Pueblo was better than any Big Sky team SHSu had recently faced (which includes EWU).

I was merely showing how ridiculous that opinion was with FACTS and RESULTS.

caribbeanhen
November 13th, 2014, 02:27 PM
the mid-west is just a big place you have to drive thru to get anywhere...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 13th, 2014, 02:31 PM
the mid-west is just a big place you have to drive thru to get anywhere...

Yep. Keep on going. We like it that way.

caribbeanhen
November 13th, 2014, 02:55 PM

are you sure your not from slower lower Delaware? You sound like my mother

clenz
November 13th, 2014, 03:00 PM
This.

In the United States, counties directly on the shoreline constitute less than 10 percent of the total land area (not including Alaska), but account for 39 percent of the total population. From 1970 to 2010, the population of these counties increased by almost 40% and are projected to increase by an additional 10 million people or 8% by 2020. Coastal areas are substantially more crowded than the U.S. as a whole, and population density in coastal areas will continue to increase in the future. In fact, the population density of coastal shoreline counties is over six times greater than the corresponding inland counties.

http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/population.html

You ****s can keep living in a sardine can if that's you thing.

I love the fact that I live in the heart second largest metro in the state of Iowa and I have a property that is on nearly a third of an acre with a ton of grass.

I'll keep waving as you ****s keep driving and flying by.

superman7515
November 13th, 2014, 03:22 PM

are you sure your not from slower lower Delaware? You sound like my mother

To be honest, he kinda does sound like the locals in Slo-Lo every tourist season, haha. No offense intended NoDak, I'm a Slo-Lo myself, but if I had a dollar for every time I heard that downstate... xlolx

bjtheflamesfan
November 13th, 2014, 06:08 PM
1: Coastal Carolina Chanticleers
2: New Hampshire Wildcats
3: Jacksonville State Gamecocks
4: North Dakota State Bison
5: Villanova Wildcats
6: Eastern Washington Eagles
7: Illinois State Redbirds
8: Fordham Rams
9: Chattanooga Mocs
10: Southeastern Louisiana Lions
11: Richmond Spiders
12: Montana State Bobcats
13: Liberty Flames
14: Youngstown State Penguins
15: South Dakota State Jackrabbits
16: Northern Iowa Panthers
17: Harvard Crimson
18: Eastern Kentucky Colonels
19: Bryant Bulldogs
20: Indiana State Sycamores
21: James Madison Dukes
22: Bethune-Cookman Wildcats
23: Idaho State Bengals
24: Cal Poly Mustangs
25: Montana Grizzlies

Here ya go pantherRob et al...trash away

Repost your ballot so we can go back to trashing it. :D

Here ya go

ursus arctos horribilis
November 13th, 2014, 06:17 PM
bj, you are a bit of a glutton for punishment. I do think the beatings you subject yourself to have made for some really improved results on your end though.xthumbsupx

bjtheflamesfan
November 13th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Why thank you fearless leader...personally I find the site much more enjoyable compared to the way Ralph ran things...and I feel much more motivated to get my ballots in from week to week

PantherRob82
November 13th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Here ya go pantherRob et al...trash away

Here ya go

I'm sure I could nitpick, but nothing that terrible from a quicl glance on my phone. :)

parr90
November 13th, 2014, 06:36 PM
My top 5
1. NDSU
2. UNH
3. JSU
4. EWU
5. CCU

So your team gets spanked but your still #1? C-Mon Man.

FargoBison
November 13th, 2014, 06:55 PM
So your team gets spanked but your still #1? C-Mon Man.

It was close but I rank based on quality wins, in my opinion beating good teams is what makes a great team. The other schools just don't have resumes equal to NDSU.

If EWU had beaten NAU they would be my #1. I don't do flavor of the week rankings nor do I slot rank, I try to rank the best team #1 and then go on down from there.

chattownmocs
November 13th, 2014, 08:42 PM
It was close but I rank based on quality wins, in my opinion beating good teams is what makes a great team. The other schools just don't have resumes equal to NDSU.

If EWU had beaten NAU they would be my #1. I don't do flavor of the week rankings nor do I slot rank, I try to rank the best team #1 and then go on down from there.

Not directed at NDSU, but just a hypothetical. Is beating number 20 by 1 more impressive than beating number 40 by 30?

FargoBison
November 13th, 2014, 08:45 PM
Not directed at NDSU, but just a hypothetical. Is beating number 20 by 1 more impressive than beating number 40 by 30?

#20 by 1.

chattownmocs
November 13th, 2014, 08:50 PM
#20 by 1.

So number 20 is 29 points better than number 40? This must be the logic that leads the mvfc rejects to claim the only quality wins are in the MVFC. Unless of course it was one of their teams beating up on a lower tier team from another conference.

FargoBison
November 13th, 2014, 08:58 PM
So number 20 is 29 points better than number 40? This must be the logic that leads the mvfc rejects to claim the only quality wins are in the MVFC. Unless of course it was one of their teams beating up on a lower tier team from another conference.

Look at the TSN poll...SDSU is 19....Sacred Heart is 40ish

I think SDSU could beat them by 30. A one point win over SDSU would certainly be more impressive to me as well.

Bisonator
November 13th, 2014, 09:01 PM
I would think most voters consider quality wins to be wins over top 25 teams when they play. Do you consider a beat down of the 40th ranked team a quality win?

Bison56
November 13th, 2014, 10:37 PM
I would think most voters consider quality wins to be wins over top 25 teams when they play. Do you consider a beat down of the 40th ranked team a quality win?

He considers any win to be quality.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 13th, 2014, 11:05 PM

I would consider a top 40 win as a good win. Especially if it's on the road....

Panther-State
November 13th, 2014, 11:34 PM
I don't think their are 40 quality teams in the FCS. Not by my standards at least. Certainly not if Bethune-Cookman is supposed to be a top 30-40 team. Yuck

WileECoyote06
November 14th, 2014, 07:38 AM
I would consider a top 40 win as a good win. Especially if it's on the road....

As do I. I'm willing to bet avis that the committee views things the same way.

kalm
November 14th, 2014, 07:51 AM
As do I. I'm willing to bet avis that the committee views things the same way.

I agree, but I will also bet that the committee drills down even further and compares good wins.

RabidRabbit
November 14th, 2014, 12:49 PM
FargoBison
Re: AGS Poll Results - Week 11 - 2014

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by chattownmocs http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2178050#post2178050)

I think SDSU could beat them by 30. A one point win over SDSU would certainly be more impressive to me as well.

(MORE MVFC wailing) - SDSU is showing up in most computer polls as a top 15, if not top 10 team. Yet the best that the Jacks can finish in the MVFC is in a tie with 2 other teams for 3 (behind NDSU & IL St.) Winning out (which should happen), they could also be 5th in the MVFC. They'll have more top 25 W's than virtually any other at-large, and any losses will be to top 25 (most likely top 10). With all that, because it would be 5 (6 or 7) MVFC teams competing, why would any 9-2 NEC or Patriot be selected. A 7-4 D-I record, with a path that doesn't lead immediately to Fargo, I could see Jacks advancing to final four. Unfortunely, there are only 3 teams within 400 miles of Fargo. They all have Dakota in their name. The 2 U's aren't play-off bound this season. I'd love to see an eastern series of match-up rather than only Big Sky/MVFC teams in the play-offs.

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2014, 01:16 PM
The point is that a quality win, should be judged by the quality of performance as much as the so called quality of the opponent. For example, chattanooga beating western by 51 on the road is more impressive than somebody beating indiana state in a close game, even if indiana state is a better team. Yet in every scenario people will ignore the quality of performance and pretend that beating indiana state is a better win. It ain't

FargoBison
November 14th, 2014, 01:20 PM
The point is that a quality win, should be judged by the quality of performance as much as the so called quality of the opponent. For example, chattanooga beating western by 51 on the road is more impressive than somebody beating indiana state in a close game, even if indiana state is a better team. Yet in every scenario people will ignore the quality of performance and pretend that beating indiana state is a better win. It ain't

It is, since Indiana State would probably maul Western just like you did.

Indiana State is a good team, wins over a MAC team, UNI and Liberty. Without question beating them by 1 would be a better win.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2014, 01:22 PM

This is a good point except for at the end there. I don't do that and I think you might be putting something on voters that is not there or at least not to an extent I can really see.

Bisonator
November 14th, 2014, 01:26 PM

To me it's all about who you beat and who they've played. Not so much how. If you are up 30 on someone and your backups give up 14 late does that all of sudden mean it's not as good of a win?

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2014, 01:30 PM
It is, since Indiana State would probably maul Western just like you did.

Indiana State is a good team, wins over a MAC team, UNI and Liberty. Without question beating them by 1 would be a better win.

So they are 50 points better than western. Are you that stupid? If they aren't, its not.

FargoBison
November 14th, 2014, 01:32 PM
So they are 50 points better than western. Are you that stupid? If they aren't, its not.

They easily could be. I view Indiana State as being on your level and you should take that as a compliment.

Pick a different team and perhaps you will have a better argument.

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2014, 01:33 PM
To me it's all about who you beat and who they've played. Not so much how. If you are up 30 on someone and your backups give up 14 late does that all of sudden mean it's not as good of a win?

Its not about who you lost to either? Just who you beat. So if you get 6 opportunities to beat a top 25 team in the mvfc and win a couple you are better than a dominant team in a mediocre, not terrible, conference?

FargoBison
November 14th, 2014, 01:38 PM
Indiana State is 3-3 vs my top 25 and 1-1 vs the FBS

Their SOS is impeccable, they have almost three touchdown wins over Liberty and SIU. They would slaughter western whose best win is what? Mercer? The Citadel?....give me a break.

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2014, 01:39 PM
They easily could be. I view Indiana State as being on your level and you should take that as a compliment.

Pick a different team and perhaps you will have a better argument.

There isn't anyone close to 50 points better than them. Thats the point. By the same token. Ill say beating Mercer by 7 is a lot less impressive than losing to illinois state or somebody by 10 or 14. But at the end of the day. There is a positive or negative, and on a rare occasion, a neutral, to every game. Not just how many top 25 wins you have and ignore everything else.

UNIFanSince1983
November 14th, 2014, 01:40 PM

Do you think every Saturday you would be 50 points better than Western?

Bisonator
November 14th, 2014, 01:40 PM
Its not about who you lost to either? Just who you beat. So if you get 6 opportunities to beat a top 25 team in the mvfc and win a couple you are better than a dominant team in a mediocre, not terrible, conference?

Not necessarily. Did the dominant team beat anyone in the top 25? If not then how can you say they're better? At some point you have to play someone and beat them.

Sycamore62
November 14th, 2014, 01:46 PM
I don't vote in anything but I would take into consideration how a team performed compared to what I would expect them to do. At some point scoring more points doesn't really do anything more to my outlook as to how good they are

FargoBison
November 14th, 2014, 01:50 PM
It is amazing that somebody can think they should get the same credit for demolishing a team that has beaten nobody as they should for narrowly beating a team that has beaten three good teams.

I know the team that has beat and played good teams, is at least good and worthy of some respect.

For the record I didn't mean ISU is 50 points better than WCU but just like Chatty I think they could throw a 50 point beating on them. Hell they beat teams far better than WCU by almost 3 TDs.

Fear the Bird
November 14th, 2014, 01:53 PM

This is the dumbest post I have ever read on this board. Beating up on WCU is better than barely beating ISUb? Ridiculous

chattownmocs
November 14th, 2014, 01:56 PM
My point in the end is simple. Everything other than a win over a good team and a loss to a bad team is viewed as neutral. The truth is that very little is actually neutral.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Beign real honest I'll take the one point over a top 15ish team every time personally. After that to be sort of impressive when playing below you I think you need about a point per spot they are located at. They are ranked 40 you beat em' by 35-40 it's impressive but not quite as impressive as the 1 pt. win over the top 15 or top 10 teams.

RabidRabbit
November 14th, 2014, 02:13 PM
FargoBison

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by chattownmocs http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2178050#post2178050)

(MORE MVFC wailing) - SDSU is showing up in most computer polls as a top 15, if not top 10 team. Yet the best that the Jacks can finish in the MVFC is in a tie with 2 other teams for 3 (behind NDSU & IL St.) Winning out (which should happen), they could also be 5th in the MVFC. They'll have more top 25 W's than virtually any other at-large, and any losses will be to top 25 (most likely top 10). With all that, because it would be 5 (6 or 7) MVFC teams competing, why would any 9-2 NEC or Patriot be selected. A 7-4 D-I record, with a path that doesn't lead immediately to Fargo, I could see Jacks advancing to final four. Unfortunely, there are only 3 teams within 400 miles of Fargo. They all have Dakota in their name. The 2 U's aren't play-off bound this season. I'd love to see an eastern series of match-up rather than only Big Sky/MVFC teams in the play-offs.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2014, 02:18 PM
What the hell is going on with RR's quotes?

FargoBison
November 14th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Rabid I do feel sorry for your rabbits, looking like you will either get NDSU or EWU again this year if you win in round 1. Probably a first round trip to a Big Sky school as well.

clenz
November 14th, 2014, 02:31 PM
I was going to ask you the same thing

RabidRabbit
November 14th, 2014, 02:38 PM

Sassanfrasan IE7.0 on company computer behind VSN firewall. Blocks things, and no administrator rights to add Firefox, Safari or even IE8.1 Can't even get the smilies added. :((

ursus arctos horribilis
November 14th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Sassanfrasan IE7.0 on company computer behind VSN firewall. Blocks things, and no administrator rights to add Firefox, Safari or even IE8.1 Can't even get the smilies added. :((

xlolx

I have not seen what you got going on prior so that's at least unique RR.

Mr. C
November 14th, 2014, 05:46 PM
I don't see either New Hampshire, or Coastal Carolina having much of a shot at beating North Dakota State. so it would be hard for me to rank either of them ahead of the Bison. UNH still has to prove it can play good enough defense to beat a top-notch team in the FCS playoffs. I have felt from week one that NDSU and Villanova are heading for a collision course, as long as the Cats don't get done in by their kicking game.

Mr. C
November 14th, 2014, 05:53 PM
FargoBison

Knowing what goes into the TSN poll from behind the scenes, I wouldn't put too much stock in it. There is a lot of bias there and conferences like the NEC are not well represented. Having seen Sacred Heart twice in person last season (once in the playoffs) and knowing this year's team is similar, but more experienced, I wouldn't see SDSU beating SHU by anywhere close to 30 points. Sacred Heart would have a reasonable shot at beating the Bunnies.

FargoBison
November 14th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Knowing what goes into the TSN poll from behind the scenes, I wouldn't put too much stock in it. There is a lot of bias there and conferences like the NEC are not well represented. Having seen Sacred Heart twice in person last season (once in the playoffs) and knowing this year's team is similar, but more experienced, I wouldn't see SDSU beating SHU by anywhere close to 30 points. Sacred Heart would have a reasonable shot at beating the Bunnies.

SDSU would roll SHU, sorry Mr C but it would be a three TD game. SHU isn't stopping Zenner, especially now that Sumner is back.

SDSU is going to be a team that you don't want to see in the playoffs should they get in.

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2014, 07:32 AM
This.

You ****s can keep living in a sardine can if that's you thing.

I love the fact that I live in the heart second largest metro in the state of Iowa and I have a property that is on nearly a third of an acre with a ton of grass.

I'll keep waving as you ****s keep driving and flying by.

I can understand those sentiments but don't try to tell me you don't look forward to going somewhere...

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2014, 07:38 AM
SDSU would roll SHU, sorry Mr C but it would be a three TD game. SHU isn't stopping Zenner, especially now that Sumner is back.

SDSU is going to be a team that you don't want to see in the playoffs should they get in.

Totally agree with MrC on Sacred Heart..... they don't get blown out by South Dak State this year, Sacred might just find a way to win that game

FargoBison
November 15th, 2014, 09:10 AM
Totally agree with MrC on Sacred Heart..... they don't get blown out by South Dak State this year, Sacred might just find a way to win that game

The same team that lost to Bucknell and St Francis? You two are drunk on east coast bias.

kalm
November 15th, 2014, 09:26 AM
The same team that lost to Bucknell and St Francis? You two are drunk on east coast bias.

They're gonna tell you Bucknell is a playoff team too.

FargoBison
November 15th, 2014, 09:38 AM
They're gonna tell you Bucknell is a playoff team too.

I'm also sure they wouldn't like my thoughts on how a Bucknell-SDSU game would go.

Fear the Bird
November 15th, 2014, 09:40 AM

I'm with you FB...I saw Sacred Heart in person...nice story solid program but would get absolutely worked on the National level

I think both would be favored comfortably and pull it out but I can't imagine either NDSU or EWU is pulling for SDSU in their quarter next Sunday

FargoBison
November 15th, 2014, 09:48 AM
I'm with you FB...I saw Sacred Heart in person...nice story solid program but would get absolutely worked on the National level

I think both would be favored comfortably and pull it out but I can't imagine either NDSU or EWU is pulling for SDSU in their quarter next Sunday

Yeah, I would rather not play SDSU. Good QB and great running back, whoever gets them will have their hands full.

I have nothing against Sacred Heart, they have come a long way and for a NEC program they are pretty good. But I just can't see them containing Zenner.

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2014, 10:18 AM

well Youngstown State beat the mighty Bunnies, and only beat mighty Duquesne by 11...

Sacred Heart would make it a game against S Dak St...... Try to keep up with the changing landscape of what was FCS football

FargoBison
November 15th, 2014, 11:06 AM
well Youngstown State beat the mighty Bunnies, and only beat mighty Duquesne by 11...

Sacred Heart would make it a game against S Dak St...... Try to keep up with the changing landscape of what was FCS football

YSU also rolled St Francis...how did that game turn out for Sacred Heart?

YSU beat SDSU without Sumner, he is much better than the back up. I would love to see them play Sacred Heart in the playoffs but we all know that will never happen. I don't think Sacred Heart has ever seen a back like Zenner, one of the best in FCS history.

Fear the Bird
November 15th, 2014, 11:08 AM

That's quite hypocritical to ask me to catch up with the changing landscape yet use a poor transitive property example to make your point

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2014, 11:26 AM
That's quite hypocritical to ask me to catch up with the changing landscape yet use a poor transitive property example to make your point

but it got your attention... anyway South Dak State, despite having some good players, just is not that much better, hopefully we'll get to see

clenz
November 15th, 2014, 11:40 AM
I can understand those sentiments but don't try to tell me you don't look forward to going somewhere...
I hate going to cities like Louisville (i actually love that city/area but couldn't live in a place like that). I've been to Seattle, Dallas, Houston, Chicago, MSP... No thank you on all of them. Those are all pretty rural compared to how you live out east

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2014, 11:43 AM
I hate going to cities like Louisville (i actually love that city/area but couldn't live in a place like that). I've been to Seattle, Dallas, Houston, Chicago, MSP... No thank you on all of them. Those are all pretty rural compared to how you live out east

you didn't like Seattle?

Kemo
November 15th, 2014, 11:43 AM
but it got your attention... anyway South Dak State, despite having some good players, just is not that much better, hopefully we'll get to see

Generally, non-power conference teams (as well as a lot of power conference teams) don't have the defensive line play to slow down Zenner. The key to containing Zenner is to get in the backfield (and/or play incredibly gap sound D at the LOS) and keep him from getting to full speed. I don't see Sacred Heart having this ability.

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Generally, non-power conference teams (as well as a lot of power conference teams) don't have the defensive line play to slow down Zenner. The key to containing Zenner is to get in the backfield (and/or play incredibly gap sound D at the LOS) and keep him from getting to full speed. I don't see Sacred Heart having this ability.

never said they would slow down Zenner....

Kemo
November 15th, 2014, 12:07 PM
never said they would slow down Zenner....

Then they would lose, and probably badly.

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Then they would lose, and probably badly.

they might just lose but probably not badly... define badly?

Kemo
November 15th, 2014, 12:18 PM
they might just lose but probably not badly... define badly?

3 scores or more.

caribbeanhen
November 15th, 2014, 12:23 PM
3 FG's

Kemo
November 15th, 2014, 12:36 PM
3 FG's
As in, 17+ points... but I think you knew that xeyebrowx

Sycamore62
November 15th, 2014, 12:40 PM
An xtra pt and 2 safeties

clenz
November 15th, 2014, 01:19 PM
An xtra pt and 2 safeties
That's still only 1 score.

3 fgs is still only a 2 score game.

SHU doesn't stay siding 19 of sdsu

Fear the Bird
November 15th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Everyone is (and deservedly so) knocking NAU for losing to UNC. NAU is a team that should be ranked in the 20's. Decent, capable of good games, but also bad games. But facts seem to confuse certain posters on this board. It is a fact that SHSU lost to CS-Pueblo by 26. It is a fact that CS-Pueblo lost to very bad DII team Ft. Lewis. The post I was responding to said the CS-Pueblo was better than any Big Sky team SHSu had recently faced (which includes EWU).

I was merely showing how ridiculous that opinion was with FACTS and RESULTS.

Lol at NAU