PDA

View Full Version : FargoDome to get new Video Boards

IBleedYellow
November 7th, 2014, 10:00 AM
However, this particular project may be completed before the next football season.

New high-definition screens will also be installed before next fall, Piepkorn said, including screens in each end zone.

“That is going to be freaking awesome,” Piepkorn said.

http://ndsuspectrum.com/the-fargodom...oin-just-fine/ (http://ndsuspectrum.com/the-fargodome-is-doin-just-fine/)

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2014, 10:18 AM
The Bison are still not necessarily the priority in that building with little control over what is done/not done. The university needs to be looking at a contingency plan for expansion not including the Fargodome.....not saying it would happen, but they need to prepare for it in the event it is needed.

MarkyMark
November 7th, 2014, 12:06 PM
The Bison are still not necessarily the priority in that building with little control over what is done/not done. The university needs to be looking at a contingency plan for expansion not including the Fargodome.....not saying it would happen, but they need to prepare for it in the event it is needed.

Totally agree with you. NDSU is the biggest client of the FargoDome, NDSU games keep the facility running in the black. Its nice to see them (the dome authority) finally putting some money back into the facility instead of continually building up the surplus.

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2014, 01:12 PM
Totally agree with you. NDSU is the biggest client of the FargoDome, NDSU games keep the facility running in the black. Its nice to see them (the dome authority) finally putting some money back into the facility instead of continually building up the surplus.

Don't be so sure about that.....

Fargodome general manager Rob Sobolik said the building hosts around 100 events per year, six of which are NDSU games.

That's the prevalent attitude towards NDSU and Bison football in that building...don't bank on the Fargodome making ANY decision about that building solely for football and what benefits the program.

MarkyMark
November 7th, 2014, 01:25 PM

That's the prevalent attitude towards NDSU and Bison football in that building...don't bank on the Fargodome making ANY decision about that building solely for football and what benefits the program.

I am saying he needs to understand that NDSU is his biggest client. FargoDome historically has not been that appreciative of Bison football in my opinion.

marenlee
November 7th, 2014, 02:34 PM

Should be 9 games a year. :D

mmiller_34
November 7th, 2014, 02:55 PM
What happens if NDSU was set to host a playoff game but the Fargodome was already booked?

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2014, 02:58 PM
What happens if NDSU was set to host a playoff game but the Fargodome was already booked?

Good question, but I think the Fargodome is booked before the season even starts for the potential playoff rounds. I'll try to dig up the schedule.

BisonFan02
November 7th, 2014, 03:00 PM
http://fargodome.com/event-calendar

Schedule open

NoDak 4 Ever
November 7th, 2014, 03:43 PM

That kind of happened in 2012. ESPN wanted a Friday night game at the dome but we had graduation or something so we had to take the Saturday game on ESPN2.

At least that's what I remember.

FargoBison
November 7th, 2014, 03:48 PM

The dome does not book events on those weekends.

There is NDSU graduation though and that can't be moved to the BSA like in years past, so there could be a Friday conflict this year and next.

Sycamore62
November 7th, 2014, 03:53 PM
have them both. It will be a whole game like the last play from Cal/Stanford.

Professor Chaos
November 7th, 2014, 04:16 PM
That kind of happened in 2012. ESPN wanted a Friday night game at the dome but we had graduation or something so we had to take the Saturday game on ESPN2.

At least that's what I remember.
We had the Friday night semifinal in 2012. I think what you're thinking of was in 2011 when Gene Taylor requested the Saturday afternoon semifinal on ESPNU rather than the Friday night game on ESPN (or maybe ESPN2) so they didn't conflict with commencement and to allow for out of towners to keep their normal weekly routine. ESPN makes the decision in the end anyway regardless of what the schools request but certain people (their identities will shock you) whined unendingly about how Taylor was trying to "small-time" NDSU by requesting the timeslot with less national exposure.