PDA

View Full Version : 4-5-6

Nova09
November 2nd, 2014, 10:26 AM
This is NOT about poll ranking (don't worry ursus).

This is about seeding. And I don't really care where you would seed each team. My only point is this: it looks like, given current records and remaining schedule, NDSU will be 1 and UNH/Coastal will be 2-3, depending how committee wants to look at undefeated without FBS vs only loss being FBS and tougher FCS sched. Anyway, assuming that to be the case, whoever ends up 6 has a HUGE advantage over 4 and 5 by not having to go to the Fargodome.

NDSUSR
November 2nd, 2014, 10:30 AM
Seasons not over yet. UNH and Coastal could lose out. Almost impossible, but **** happens.

smilo
November 2nd, 2014, 10:57 AM
Seasons not over yet. UNH and Coastal could lose out. Almost impossible, but **** happens.

And with games on the road vs. a resurgent Northern Iowa and an always tough Missouri State before finishing with a tough Youngstown team, it's much more likely NDSU loses out despite being better than both those teams. There's a not-insignificant chance that they'll lose one.

NDSUSR
November 2nd, 2014, 11:02 AM
And with games on the road vs. a resurgent Northern Iowa and an always tough Missouri State before finishing with a tough Youngstown team, it's much more likely NDSU loses out despite being better than both those teams. There's a not-insignificant chance that they'll lose one.

Not disagreeing.

Nova09
November 2nd, 2014, 11:08 AM

But if NDSU loses one, I would still expect them to be the 1 seed

Southern Bison
November 2nd, 2014, 04:13 PM
But if NDSU loses one, I would still expect them to be the 1 seed
I agree. The NCAA has reaped beaucoup $ from the 3 years of having the Bison at home throughout the playoffs to set NDSU lower than #2.

kalm
November 2nd, 2014, 05:55 PM
As it stands today:

NDSU
UNH
ISU
Coastal
EWU
Nova
JSU

bostonspider
November 2nd, 2014, 06:57 PM
As it stands today:

NDSU
UNH
ISU
Coastal
EWU
Nova
JSU

I guess I have to question why Nova would be above Richmond? Both at 7-2, 4-1 (CAA). Both have lost to an ACC team, Nova's big OOC win is Fordham and UR's is Liberty. Richmond has just beaten Villanova.

kalm
November 2nd, 2014, 07:11 PM
I guess I have to question why Nova would be above Richmond? Both at 7-2, 4-1 (CAA). Both have lost to an ACC team, Nova's big OOC win is Fordham and UR's is Liberty. Richmond has just beaten Villanova.

Good point. I take it back.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 3rd, 2014, 04:55 AM
Getting away from who belongs where (with the exception of NDSU) it is an interesting question.
if NDSU remains #1 would you prefer to be the #6 seed to avoid Fargo or the 4-5 with a potential trip there?

Rjones61
November 3rd, 2014, 05:08 AM
I would want the 4-5 seed. I'm sick of waiting for EWU to challenge the Bison. Hell yes I'm a cocky homer fan, and hell yes I think that EWU matches up against the Bison better than any other FCS team.

We'll probably lose, but I think we would make it pretty damn close

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 3rd, 2014, 06:37 AM
It doesn't matter if your aim is the title. More than likely, you'll have to beat them at some point, so why not a round or two earlier? Facing NDSU in the NC seems just as deadly as facing the Bison in Fargo IMO.

For the sake of having a higher likelihood of playing deeper into the playoffs, yes, #6 seed is likely preferrable.

Nova09
November 3rd, 2014, 08:01 AM
Getting away from who belongs where (with the exception of NDSU) it is an interesting question.
if NDSU remains #1 would you prefer to be the #6 seed to avoid Fargo or the 4-5 with a potential trip there?

5 is worst case scenario. You probably have to go on the road for 4 and if you win, only reward is going to Fargo.

Could see a debate for preferring 4 and extra guaranteed home game, but I think 6 is much preferable.

BisonFan02
November 3rd, 2014, 09:12 AM
I would want the 4-5 seed. I'm sick of waiting for EWU to challenge the Bison. Hell yes I'm a cocky homer fan, and hell yes I think that EWU matches up against the Bison better than any other FCS team.

We'll probably lose, but I think we would make it pretty damn close

I want this game to happen THIS year.....next year's Bison team will look pretty different...especially on D.

Rjones61
November 3rd, 2014, 10:12 AM
I want this game to happen THIS year.....next year's Bison team will look pretty different...especially on D.

Damnit, me too. I want VA to get healthy, go to Fargo and have a hard fought game win or lose. That is why I want EWU to be in that section of the bracket.

tomq04
November 3rd, 2014, 10:44 AM
Losing the Semi on the ROAD would be a much better change IMO.

I still think EWU matches up well with the Bison.

clenz
November 3rd, 2014, 03:25 PM
It doesn't matter if your aim is the title. More than likely, you'll have to beat them at some point, so why not a round or two earlier? Facing NDSU in the NC seems just as deadly as facing the Bison in Fargo IMO.

For the sake of having a higher likelihood of playing deeper into the playoffs, yes, #6 seed is likely preferrable.
You've never been to the Fargodome, have you?

BisonFan02
November 3rd, 2014, 03:27 PM
You've never been to the Fargodome, have you?

JMU has....it didn't help.

BisonBacker
November 4th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Interesting thread I missed originally. Also a good question. For me I'd also like to see the NDSU EWU matchup finally.

NDSUSR
November 4th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Interesting thread I missed originally. Also a good question. For me I'd also like to see the NDSU EWU matchup finally.

I have been waiting for 3 years. It isnt going to happen this year either though.

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2014, 05:21 PM
I have been waiting for 3 years. It isnt going to happen this year either though.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.....really depends on seeding. I could see a semi matchup...maybe even quarterfinal if they slide a little bit more.