superman7515
November 1st, 2014, 07:29 PM
Wow, that stinks.

jmrepak
November 1st, 2014, 07:32 PM
Wow! That's kind of funny

SCPALADIN
November 1st, 2014, 07:34 PM
Appears the purple colored glasses folks still haven't realized that the ship is beginning to sink rather rapidly. Doesn't help when you also have parents of current players getting on and posting their displeasure with fans being frustrated. It's a real dumpster fire...

rokamortis
November 1st, 2014, 07:41 PM
Appears the purple colored glasses folks still haven't realized that the ship is beginning to sink rather rapidly. Doesn't help when you also have parents of current players getting on and posting their displeasure with fans being frustrated. It's a real dumpster fire...

Come on furple - get your ish together

NavyDog
November 1st, 2014, 07:55 PM
Until cooler heads prevail.
"That's funny right there….I don't care who you are."

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 07:58 PM
You can still be displeased but be an adult about it... See me with uni

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 1st, 2014, 08:40 PM
Board owners that are ****** like that need to have their ass kicked. Cowards

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dungeonjoe
November 1st, 2014, 09:23 PM
After 3,417 verses of "Just as I Am" and a re-baptism, the UFFP appears to be saved and open now.

chattanoogamocs
November 1st, 2014, 10:10 PM
As the owner of Mocfans...I can think of many times I would have liked to do that...but didn't.

The board is privately run and they can run it any way they wish...no 1st amendment protections apply. :)

Hopefully the little "time out" helped everyone out.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 1st, 2014, 10:19 PM
As the owner of Mocfans...I can think of many times I would have liked to do that...but didn't.

The board is privately run and they can run it any way they wish...no 1st amendment protections apply. :)

Yup, I see nothing wrong with it. If you get sick of a certain amount of crap and you feel it's time for a reset then so be it.

Cocky
November 1st, 2014, 10:23 PM
If VMI beat us I hope we would have to shut our board down.

Big_Fan
November 1st, 2014, 10:27 PM
If VMI beat us I hope we would have to shut our board down.

If VMI beat us, our board would shut itself down.

That is like losing to Peay (Peay may have a better D).

NDSUSR
November 1st, 2014, 11:58 PM
It had to be shutdown. It took a lot of time to clean that board up.

CID1990
November 2nd, 2014, 12:43 AM
After 3,417 verses of "Just as I Am" and a re-baptism, the UFFP appears to be saved and open now.

LOL

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 2nd, 2014, 01:09 AM
You guys are nothing but a bunch of chicks. Its sad what is happening to the "Y" chromosome................................

Vitojr130
November 2nd, 2014, 04:31 AM
lol wat

Vitojr130
November 2nd, 2014, 04:34 AM
Yup, I see nothing wrong with it. If you get sick of a certain amount of crap and you feel it's time for a reset then so be it.

Don't do this to us, please. xbowx

OL FU
November 2nd, 2014, 08:23 AM

Agree. Also there is a huge difference in a national message board like this one and a school's board. The owner has certain rules specifically related to calling out individual players and I absolutely agree with him. Not sure that was the problem, but I believe, and I would imagine he agrees, that STUDENTS who play football at Furman are there for the education first and football second. This isn't the NFL or the SEC. The fact that those students provide entertainment to us on Saturdays is also secondary and certainly isn't a matter of life and death like many fans portray it.

If that wasn't the problem then I still don't have a problem with it. The message board represents maybe 1% of Furman fans and if half off them decide that the world is coming to an end, maybe they need a time out.

citdog
November 2nd, 2014, 10:17 AM
furman sucks

ursus arctos horribilis
November 2nd, 2014, 10:24 AM
You guys are nothing but a bunch of chicks. Its sad what is happening to the "Y" chromosome................................

Sure thing. Or maybe you try and stand on some weak principle that doesn't work in every situation? You feel like limiting yourself to one style that's all cool but if the guy got what he accomplished done easily like that then good on him.

Some people are douchebags so if he wanted to shut them up good on him. BTW I don't normally have trouble seeing how one thing is a weak move while another is a strong one but I can't see your point of machismo on this one. You hang your hat on some odd stuff.

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 2nd, 2014, 01:19 PM
Do I

Its just gay that people that dont like what others have to say feel power and get off on shutting them up. They sure hang their hat on some lame stuff.

Thanks for the enlightenment Ralph

BisonFan02
November 2nd, 2014, 01:37 PM
Do I

Its just gay that people that dont like what others have to say feel power and get off on shutting them up. They sure hang their hat on some lame stuff.

http://www.gifday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/2z9mpo8.gif

ursus arctos horribilis
November 2nd, 2014, 01:56 PM
Do I

Yes of course, every asshole gets a voice. No different than in real life when telling someone to shut their mouth or just leaving so you don't have to listen to em'. Individuals always have FB/twitter and so forth to go be an asshole on their own but sorry man, when in someone else's house you ain't got the constitution behind you with your free speech diatribe.

Your welcome Ralph's bitch.xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
November 2nd, 2014, 02:03 PM
Yes of course, every asshole gets a voice. No different than in real life when telling someone to shut their mouth or just leaving so you don't have to listen to em'. Individuals always have FB/twitter and so forth to go be an asshole on their own but sorry man, when in someone else's house you ain't got the constitution behind you with your free speech diatribe.

Your welcome Ralph's bitch.xthumbsupx

*You're xthumbsupx

xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 2nd, 2014, 03:10 PM
*You're xthumbsupx

xlolx

xlolx

I did that out of respect for Alpha's war on apostrophes.

Biff
November 3rd, 2014, 07:44 AM
If VMI beat us, our board would shut itself down.

That is like losing to Peay (Peay may have a better D).

VMI … time to schedule up some chicken ...

clenz
November 3rd, 2014, 07:46 AM
xlolx

I did that out of respect for Alpha's war on intelligence.
FIFY...xcoffeex

JaxSinfonian
November 3rd, 2014, 07:53 AM
VMI … time to schedule up some chicken ...

Sorry, we don't need any more cupcakes. We've got Furman for the home opener next year.

(Sorry, Furman fans. Couldn't resist. Sincerely, you have my sympathies.)

Biff
November 3rd, 2014, 07:56 AM
Sorry, we don't need any more cupcakes. We've got Furman for the home opener next year.

Couldn't have set this up better …

Furman sucks …

SH_Moc
November 3rd, 2014, 10:30 AM

If you are referring to the Rodney Allison or John Shulman years then all criticism of coaching was warranted. Of course personal attacks are never okay.

PaladinFan
November 3rd, 2014, 12:04 PM

Couldn't find video of the two other losses or the shelacking in the playoffs :)

http://youtu.be/MOAGA7rTvpo

ALPHAGRIZ1
November 3rd, 2014, 12:09 PM
xlolx

I did that out of respect for Alpha's war on apostrophes.

And as Ralphs bitch I *****ing appreciate it!

CID1990
November 3rd, 2014, 01:12 PM
furman sucks

big time

love their angst

totally against shutting down their message board meltdown

JaxSinfonian
November 3rd, 2014, 07:40 PM
Couldn't find video of the two other losses or the shelacking in the playoffs :)

http://youtu.be/MOAGA7rTvpo

I considered making a pre-emptive reference to that game, then I thought, "No, let them have that."

I'm really looking forward to having the Paladins back in our house next year. Can't believe it's been 10 years since the travesty documented in that video. I expect a Furman squad looking to prove the 2014 season was an anomaly.

(And, for the record, it's one other loss plus the playoff shellacking.)

PaladinFan
November 3rd, 2014, 08:39 PM
Geeze, ten years.

Friend of mine who did video work for Furman told me after that game, Ingle Martin turned to him in the locker room and said something to the effect of "if you ever coach football, and are in that situation, rush more than three guys."

I'm looking forward to seeing JSU again. We played three times in three years with the playoffs and two regular season games. The latter two were good ball games. That game in Jacksonville darn near gave me a heart attack.

dgtw
November 4th, 2014, 10:18 AM
I wish we'd get more OOC games like Furman. I like the Chatty series, but variety is nice as well.

My wife still has nightmares about the game in the video. The worst part about seeing the video is having to see Crowe's face again.

PaladinFan
November 4th, 2014, 02:57 PM
I wish we'd get more OOC games like Furman. I like the Chatty series, but variety is nice as well.

My wife still has nightmares about the game in the video. The worst part about seeing the video is having to see Crowe's face again.

I always appreciated that Crowe looked like he was ready for thanksgiving dinner after the game.

clenz
November 4th, 2014, 03:01 PM
On the plus side, Furman, you'll likely never be as embarrassed as Wofford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGp3jdDvhAM

dungeonjoe
November 4th, 2014, 05:12 PM
On the plus side, Furman, you'll likely never be as embarrassed as Wofford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGp3jdDvhAM
i wasn't embarrassed, I was disappointed. Besides, Embarassment is never an issue with Furman. Right now CDC officials are trying to develop a formula to combat Ebola using Purp blood with its high quantities of arrogance.

chattanoogamocs
November 4th, 2014, 05:31 PM
If you are referring to the Rodney Allison or John Shulman years then all criticism of coaching was warranted. Of course personal attacks are never okay.

Whenever things aren't going well, it brings out the worst in most people. A lot of times people use message boards to vent, I get that.

But what sucks is...when people only show up to bitch, but never seem to support the team when they do well. Those are the people that get under my skin.

And it happened even this year...after CMU/JSU losses, there were all kinds of people on there bitching (and none of them have been back since...because there is nothing to complain about).

But that doesn't mean I am going to ban them or turn the power off. ;)

Of course, in the history of the board (almost 13 years), we have had almost 1,400 register and have only banned two people (an ASU fan and a CofC fan)...and both of them were just trying to see how over the top they could go before we put a stop to it.

Catamount87
November 5th, 2014, 08:01 AM
Over on the WCU Catamount Pride board, the oldest of the WCU boards, http://forums.delphiforums.com/catamountpride/start, they have just a couple of rules and rarely has it ever gotten too much out of control, even with App and GSU folks posting. The first rule there is "keep it civil". People can disagree and even argue and both can be done in a civil, respectful manner. Shoot, lively debate is a good thing, as long as it's respectful and relevant. Good debate makes for a lively, interesting message board. A board full of "yes men" would be boring as hell.

Whenever things aren't going well, it brings out the worst in most people. A lot of times people use message boards to vent, I get that.

But what sucks is...when people only show up to bitch, but never seem to support the team when they do well. Those are the people that get under my skin.

And it happened even this year...after CMU/JSU losses, there were all kinds of people on there bitching (and none of them have been back since...because there is nothing to complain about).

But that doesn't mean I am going to ban them or turn the power off. ;)

Of course, in the history of the board (almost 13 years), we have had almost 1,400 register and have only banned two people (an ASU fan and a CofC fan)...and both of them were just trying to see how over the top they could go before we put a stop to it.

kdinva
November 5th, 2014, 08:36 AM
This isn't the first time this has happened to a chat room just because VMI won an athletic contest..... xslapfightx

Catamount87
November 5th, 2014, 09:47 AM
I keep thinking about the old saying "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then".

Biff
November 5th, 2014, 10:23 AM
I keep thinking about the old saying "even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then".

I think the same every time I think about WCU 2014 Football results … you WCU fans seem to be casting a lot of stones in glass houses ...

Smitty
November 5th, 2014, 06:03 PM
I think the same every time I think about WCU 2014 Football results … you WCU fans seem to be casting a lot of stones in glass houses ...

For once our performance on the field can finally let us get some jabs in. Hell we've been poked and prodded for the past 10 years...