PDA

View Full Version : Harvard 49, Princeton 7

Go...gate
October 25th, 2014, 07:13 PM
One of the three worst Tiger losses I can remember down here in well over a half-century of watching Princeton football (others are Delaware 1981 and Penn 2010). Rarely in my lifetime has a Princeton football team been so totally dominated.

To provide some perspective, this was far worse than the 37-0 loss Northwestern hung on PU in 1986.

Harvard played a marvelous game. They could easily have scored sixty or more. IMO, they can play with damn near anybody in the FCS.

Professor Chaos
October 25th, 2014, 07:15 PM
IMO, they can play with damn near anybody in the FCS.
I wish their conference would let us find out. xrolleyesx

Crimson Dad Leopard Grad
October 25th, 2014, 07:35 PM
I wish their conference would let us find out. xrolleyesx

Massey predicts 35-7 you guys so maybe not yet.

Seriously, Harvard played outstanding on both sides of the ball today. I'm sure the past two years provided some significant motivation.

Pards Rule
October 26th, 2014, 07:34 AM
One of the three worst Tiger losses I can remember down here in well over a half-century of watching Princeton football (others are Delaware 1981 and Penn 2010). Rarely in my lifetime has a Princeton football team been so totally dominated.

To provide some perspective, this was far worse than the 37-0 loss Northwestern hung on PU in 1986.

Harvard played a marvelous game. They could easily have scored sixty or more. IMO, they can play with damn near anybody in the FCS.

Guess I'm glad we only lost 24-14 up there last week! OUCH! Tigers were eaten alive! Put that headline in the Princetonian!

Ivytalk
October 26th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Getting Hempel back at QB made a world of difference.

TypicalTribe
October 26th, 2014, 08:50 AM
This game was pure payback for the collapse last season. Hard to believe Princeton came into this season talking about going undefeated. With games left against Yale and Dartmouth, finishing at .500 looks to be much more likely.

Pards Rule
October 26th, 2014, 09:40 AM
This game was pure payback for the collapse last season. Hard to believe Princeton came into this season talking about going undefeated. With games left against Yale and Dartmouth, finishing at .500 looks to be much more likely.

Yeah, does that talk seem vapid at this point!

ColgateTD
October 26th, 2014, 10:39 AM
"The Game" ought to be quite a contest this year!

Pard4Life
October 26th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Remember, a loss is unacceptable.

Even with Yale 8-1 and Harvard 9-0, Harvard should still have a sizable advantage.

Go Green
October 26th, 2014, 03:20 PM
"The Game" ought to be quite a contest this year!

Battle for second place in the Ivy!

:)

Go Green
October 26th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Even with both teams 8-1, Harvard should still have a sizable advantage.

FTFY.

:)