PDA

View Full Version : Illinois State @ Western Illinois

leatherneck177
October 18th, 2014, 04:22 PM
So far so good, Western up 24-6 at the half. Need to keep Roberson and Copich bottled up in the second half. I have strong doubts about the Redbirds passing attack.

DoubleE
October 18th, 2014, 04:25 PM
I didnt see this coming. Tre Roberson is the real deal for Illinois State but wow WIU is dominating

Sycamore62
So far so good, Western up 24-6 at the half. Need to keep Roberson and Copich bottled up in the second half. I have strong doubts about the Redbirds passing attack.

Im not stunned. They didn't really impress me last week

penguinpower
Wow
You guys are good top 10 imop

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 04:26 PM
I didnt see this coming. Tre Roberson is the real deal for Illinois State but wow WIU is dominating

I'm not sure I agree with this

penguinpower
Wiu defense is outstanding

Sycamore62
Do they ever compare Brock Spack to Ron Swanson?

leatherneck177
October 18th, 2014, 04:28 PM
This one is far from over, but a LOT of folks wrote this team off early. Losses are @Wisconsin, @ Northwestern, @SIU and a tough one at home to NDSU. This is a solid football team that should finish in the top half of the MVFC. Far from a doormat.

Houndawg
October 18th, 2014, 04:48 PM
This one is far from over, but a LOT of folks wrote this team off early. Losses are @Wisconsin, @ Northwestern, @SIU and a tough one at home to NDSU. This is a solid football team that should finish in the top half of the MVFC. Far from a doormat.

I predicted before the season started that they would be the surprise team this year.

Western_101
October 18th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Disappointed ESPN3 didn't pick up this game. Also appears there is no "gamecast" available.......Lame.

Bisonator
October 18th, 2014, 05:38 PM
This game is now tied at 34 all???

unigriff
October 18th, 2014, 05:55 PM
Red wins 37-34

REALBird
October 18th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Winning ugly, but its. W. Two road wins.

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 06:15 PM
Nice comeback, Birds.

REALBird
October 18th, 2014, 06:20 PM
Interesting to see how this one is viewed. Miss. Valley, Austin Peay were weak, EIU overrated. SDSU, I guess people just figured they weren't themselves that game. ISUb was ugly, but winning on the road isn't easy. WIU was considered a tough 4 loss team, in the Top 25 of the Gridiron Index. These Birds still have a lot to prove, but coming from behind two weeks in a row on the road. Hopefully we get a little more credit going forward.

semobison
October 18th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Interesting to see how this one is viewed. Miss. Valley, Austin Peay were weak, EIU overrated. SDSU, I guess people just figured they weren't themselves that game. ISUb was ugly, but winning on the road isn't easy. WIU was considered a tough 4 loss team, in the Top 25 of the Gridiron Index. These Birds still have a lot to prove, but coming from behind two weeks in a row on the road. Hopefully we get a little more credit going forward.

Great comeback! WIU is a damn good team.

reggiebird33
October 18th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Im not stunned. They didn't really impress me last week

I am sooooo tired of Indy State fans down playing their loss to Illinois State. I get it. Your QB didn't play. Next man up. You guys are 2 points from being in dead last in the conference and out of playoff contention. AND you had someone on your board make a remark that Illinois State should be investigated by the NCAA because of their transfers from FBS. Really? You guys are 4-3 and on the verge of being eliminated from the playoffs. Worry about your program and your problems. Don't be impressed. But this is what impresses people. WINNING. Good luck fighting for your playoff life the next 5 weeks. I think you can do it. Win 5 in a row. No problem.

FargoBison
October 18th, 2014, 06:45 PM
WIU is a tough team, ISUR fans should be happy to grind out a W. At the end of the year that is all that matters.

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 06:49 PM
I am sooooo tired of Indy State fans down playing their loss to Illinois State. I get it. Your QB didn't play. Next man up. You guys are 2 points from being in dead last in the conference and out of playoff contention. AND you had someone on your board make a remark that Illinois State should be investigated by the NCAA because of their transfers from FBS. Really? You guys are 4-3 and on the verge of being eliminated from the playoffs. Worry about your program and your problems. Don't be impressed. But this is what impresses people. WINNING. Good luck fighting for your playoff life the next 5 weeks. I think you can do it. Win 5 in a row. No problem.

Im just saying that I thought it would be tough with our starting QB last week and then I figured we'd lose 35-10 when I found out he was sitting. I thought TR was off on his throws and didn't get away from trouble like I expected when he was running/scrambling. As was seen today, we are a long way from the top of the conference and I thought 8-4 will get a MVC team in this year. We got the UNI win which I wasn't counting on now we need to go 4-1 from here. We'll be fine and anyway we won't be 0-8 like most predicted.

Anything about transfers is dumb. It happens everywhere.

REALBird
October 18th, 2014, 06:49 PM
WIU is a tough team, ISUR fans should be happy to grind out a W. At the end of the year that is all that matters.
Agreed!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2014, 07:44 PM
wow....24 4th quarter points for the Redbirds!!

dewey
October 18th, 2014, 09:00 PM
I thought the game was over when WIU lead 24-6 and then I saw later that ISU was down 34-27. Then tied up the ISU wins. What happened in the game ISU or WIU fans?

Like others have said. A road win in the MVFC is a good win.

ISU should be a top 5-7 team in the country.

Dewey

Western_101
October 18th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Western **** the bed in the 2nd. This has to rank as the most demoralizing/embarassing loss for the Seniors. ISU is tought, but, what is with WIU collapsing in 2nd halves?