Bisonator
September 20th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Oh looked like he was going for jersey in the real world

- - - Updated - - -

Dirty. Dirty. Dirty. Refs and Bicen

xgiveadamnx

deez_na
September 20th, 2014, 05:19 PM
NDSU actually had better position on the ball.
I was being nice but yes I agree

IBleedYellow
September 20th, 2014, 05:19 PM
The Bison O has played so conservative in the 2nd half, it would make Ted Cruz blush.
That's all we do.

jmrepak
September 20th, 2014, 05:20 PM
I've never understood why penalties automatically offset. They shouldn't they are not all equal

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I think I am most curious on that particular play because it is extremely punitive to Montana that the offsides got wiped out. Think about it, a Bison lines up offsides which gives them a jump, that causes a lineman to hold because he was behind and then NDSU has pass interference. It just doesn't make sense to me. It is still a really good game though.

deez_na
Oh looked like he was going for jersey in the real world

- - - Updated - - -

Dirty. Dirty. Dirty. Refs and Bicen

Lol you ever quit whining

uofmman1122
Looks like we won't be able to make the comeback.

Bison are as good as advertised.

Griz showed a lot of heart.

centennial
September 20th, 2014, 05:21 PM
That's all we do.
Short throws are a staple. Almost feels like we are playing not to lose.

Bisonator
September 20th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Grind it out.

Drblankstare
September 20th, 2014, 05:22 PM
It's painful football to watch. Bison just up the gut for 3 very play

uofmman1122
September 20th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Just like I thought, that INT in the end zone was the difference.

sdgriz24
September 20th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Lol you ever quit whining
You guys ever gonna quit bs'in yourselves? Yes your the best team in the fcs. Better than the Griz. But the refs today are garbage and the Bicen play dirty. It is what it is. Have fun in nd. I'm gonna enjoy a state with scenery now. Peace

Bisonator
September 20th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Great game Griz! Good luck and maybe we'll play again this year!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
No matter the outcome the Griz earned a lot of respect today imo. They're among the top tier of FCS this year so far...

centennial
You guys ever gonna quit bs'in yourselves? Yes your the best team in the fcs. Better than the Griz. But the refs today are garbage and the Bicen play dirty. It is what it is. Have fun in nd. I'm gonna enjoy a state with scenery now. Peace
At least we live in Montana came out. Classy.

deez_na
September 20th, 2014, 05:25 PM

Dirty my A** you apparently don't like physical football.

uofmman1122
Dude, sd...STFU.

Bisonator

You wouldn't be griz1952 on some other site would you???xlolx

clenz
September 20th, 2014, 05:27 PM
You wouldn't be griz1952 on some other site would you???xlolx
Ha... The stories I've heard of him this weekend.

I over heard someone say his wife took him out of town to get him away from the game... Apparently

marenlee
September 20th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Sure the refs suck. But they have missed calls on both sides. So much whining. Hell the refs missed the Griz having 12 ON THE FIELD!

uofmman1122
No matter the outcome the Griz earned a lot of respect today imo. They're among the top tier of FCS this year so far...Thank you.

I hope this earns at least slightly more respect for us and our conference.

We've got a long way to go to be able to win a title, but I saw some really good stuff.

Congrats, Bison.

Drblankstare
Montana played a hell of a game, esp on Defense. All Grizz fans should be proud.

IBleedYellow
So there is a 4 field goal difference here... Ugh.

Then again, the Griz were just as physical as I expected them to be.

centennial
September 20th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Play calling was too conservative IMO..

Bison56
September 20th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Game went as I thought all defense. Loved every minute of it. Can't wait for the next one.

Bisonator
September 20th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Thank you.

We've got a long way to go to be able to win a title, but I saw some really good stuff.

Congrats, Bison.
Definitely justified their top 5 ranking IMO.xthumbsupx

Winindy
September 20th, 2014, 05:32 PM
I wonder how many hurries 53 has?

Ginsbach
September 20th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Bison coaching needs some work. Too many penalties and I don't agree with some of the 4th down calls.

Montana looks like they'll be in great shape competing for the Big Sky title.

Drblankstare
September 20th, 2014, 05:33 PM
Kyle Emanuel played a unbelievable game today. All over Johnson all day.

IBleedYellow
September 20th, 2014, 05:35 PM
I wonder how many hurries 53 has?
All of them.

Silenoz
Good game guys

centennial
Bison coaching needs some work. Too many penalties and I don't agree with some of the 4th down calls.

Montana looks like they'll be in great shape competing for the Big Sky title.
This^

uofmman1122
September 20th, 2014, 05:36 PM
You could see how badly we wish we had our starting 2 tackles.

Emanuel is a beast.

Props to JJ for avoiding him as well as he did.

veinup
September 20th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Good game bisonz.

Glad we went out there and competed at least ..

Twentysix
September 20th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Definetly a top 10 team

centennial
September 20th, 2014, 05:38 PM
If at the start of the season someone told me that we would be 4-0, I would take it in heartbeat. Yes, we didn't play well and play calling was bad, however credit has to go to Montana for sticking it out.

BisonFan02
September 20th, 2014, 05:51 PM
Meh..........next up!

Bison56
September 20th, 2014, 05:52 PM
Only call I didn't care for is when it's 4th and less than a yard deep in the red zone and they kicked it. Got to have confidence that you can get that.

uofmman1122
September 20th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Klieman on the Griz:

"We are darn lucky to be able to walk off the field with a victory today. That was one of the toughest tests from a defense we've had to face here in years."

Lot of work to do, but I'll take it. xnodx

mvemjsunpx
September 20th, 2014, 06:09 PM
Klieman on the Griz:

"We are darn lucky to be able to walk off the field with a victory today. That was one of the toughest tests from a defense we've had to face here in years."

Lot of work to do, but I'll take it. xnodx

The Griz D gave up more yards than I expected, but I was impressed with how they didn't seem to fade after getting so many power plays run at them.

Vitojr130
September 20th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Stay classy ND

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003474695/4854949832_good_good_let_the_butthurt_flow_through _you_11_xlarge.jpeg

Vitojr130
September 20th, 2014, 06:29 PM

I'll make sure to let your mommy know to feed you your anger pills before bedtime.

On a side note:
This game went exactly as I thought it would. It was a tough, hard fought game but NDSU is just really damn good again. I'd be surprised if we don't make another deep run at the title.

marenlee
September 20th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Thank you.

Congrats, Bison.

Let's not get too far with the conference respect thing ;) You guys are the only ones who have shown you can play D.

Bison56
September 20th, 2014, 07:36 PM
So...how about that point spread?

Bisonville must be melting down right now.
Where did you go?

uofmman1122
September 20th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Let's not get too far with the conference respect thing ;) You guys are the only ones who have shown you can play D.
We might not have the offense to compete with EWU and MSU right now, though.

centennial
September 20th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Their D's suck so who knows.

mvemjsunpx
September 20th, 2014, 08:08 PM

Fortunately, UM doesn't have to play them until November. We know what the Bobcats like to do in November… ;)

dudeitsaid
September 20th, 2014, 08:14 PM

Them and Weber...right. I love how the BSC is only offense, and the D's suck conference wide till they play a MVFC team tough. xcoffeex

That being said, the NDSU D is truly the best in class of the FCS! You guys are just spoiled getting to see that week in and week out.

IBleedYellow
September 20th, 2014, 08:16 PM
39:06 TOP for NDSU.

marenlee
September 20th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Them and Weber...right. I love how the BSC is only offense, and the D's suck conference wide till they play a MVFC team tough. xcoffeex

That being said, the NDSU D is truly the best in class of the FCS! You guys are just spoiled getting to see that week in and week out.

Very true. It is a disappointment every week if it not a blowout. Sad but true. When a loss does come, and it will, it will really hurt.

I'm not one to hate on the Big Sky. A lot of Big Sky football is fun to watch. But Big Sky reps need to stop choking it away in the post season :)

uofmman1122
September 20th, 2014, 08:30 PM
Very true. It is a disappointment every week if it not a blowout. Sad but true. When a loss does come, and it will, it will really hurt.

I'm not one to hate on the Big Sky. A lot of Big Sky football is fun to watch. But Big Sky reps need to stop choking it away in the post season :)
Well, we could say the same thing for Valley teams not named NDSU, though.

THE HERD
September 20th, 2014, 08:42 PM
The Griz D gave up a **** ton of yards, but to their credit they held us to FG's when we are use to getting TD's. Total yardage was 450ish to 250ish and TOP was 39 and change to 21 and change I believe. If a person looked at those two stats you would think it was a curb stomping. Good game Griz.....maybe we will get to do it again in Decemberxdrunkyx

frozennorth
September 20th, 2014, 08:43 PM
Personally wasn't impressed with Montana, although much more than NDSU's red zone play calling. They'll win 9-10 games but I don't think they are top ten. Maybe 15th?

name one. UNI 5 years ago to Lehigh? Every valley playoff team has won a playoff game 3 years straight. All the losses were on the road.

marenlee
September 20th, 2014, 08:59 PM
For the record...I thought the whole MVFC is the #1 conference and no one sniffs our jockstraps was way out in right field. Up until this season. The OOC record proves the point for THIS season. I have always hated the conference pride pound our chest attitude. That goes for FBS and FCS as I live in the middle of SEC country. Win all your games on the field, and you'll end up where you need to be. A lot of people may disagree, but until you prove it, it's all hearsay.

marenlee
September 20th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Personally wasn't impressed with Montana, although much more than NDSU's red zone play calling. They'll win 9-10 games but I don't think they are top ten. Maybe 15th?

name one. UNI 5 years ago to Lehigh? Every valley playoff team has won a playoff game 3 years straight. All the losses were on the road.

Granted, the score could have been a blowout. But it wasn't. And Montana's bend, but don't break defense really worked out for them. That's a **** ton more than most teams that have played the Bison can say the past 4 seasons. YOu have to go back almost an entire year to a find a game where NDSU was tested as much as they were today. And I am a believer that NDSU has made the Valley look much better than they have been for the past few seasons. I just don't think they were the clear cut best conference. UNI/SIU/SDSU/Youngstown all fell flat when they shouldn't have.

frozennorth
September 20th, 2014, 09:31 PM
YOu have to go back almost an entire year to a find a game where NDSU was tested as much as they were today. all the way back to last years conference play....oh wait

uofmman1122
September 20th, 2014, 09:46 PM

name one. UNI 5 years ago to Lehigh? Every valley playoff team has won a playoff game 3 years straight. All the losses were on the road.Outside of NDSU, no Valley team has made it out of the quarters in six years.

They're also 1-4 vs. the Big Sky, 0-1 vs. the CAA and Patriot, 2-1 vs. the Socon, and 1-0 vs. the Big South and OVC.

As for FCS OOC this year, yes they're doing pretty well, but their opponents' combined record is 17-32, with most of those wins coming over sub D-1 schools.

MVFC is probably the best overall conference, but IMO I'm not sure there are more than two or three (other than NDSU) that belong in the top ten, despite all the hype.

If they dominate the playoffs this year, I'll eat some crow, but I don't see it happening.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 20th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Great game by the Bison defense.....as expected!!

Kudos to the Griz defense also, they played a good game also. NDSU needs to clean up the penalties...:(. The Bison O-Line also played a very good game. Wentz had time to throw and the running game produced 280 yards and over 39 minutes TOP.

Polasek is still learning to be a good play caller IMO. Some of those calls in the red zone were head scratchers for sure...xdontknowx

If the Griz defense continues to play like that in conference, they will be right there for the title.

veinup
September 20th, 2014, 10:13 PM
im shocked that this became a conference pissing contest.

frozennorth
September 20th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Outside of NDSU, no Valley team has made it out of the quarters in six years.

They're also 1-4 vs. the Big Sky, 0-1 vs. the CAA and Patriot, 2-1 vs. the Socon, and 1-0 vs. the Big South and OVC.

As for FCS OOC this year, yes they're doing pretty well, but their opponents' combined record is 17-32, with most of those wins coming over sub D-1 schools.

MVFC is probably the best overall conference, but IMO I'm not sure there are more than two or three (other than NDSU) that belong in the top ten, despite all the hype.

If they dominate the playoffs this year, I'll eat some crow, but I don't see it happening.
no one aside from NDSU has had a home game after the quarters.

Taking NDSU out of the equation is ridiculous. Without EWU the big sky is awful. Same for the Socon without GSU.

Every MVFC playoff team has won a game since 2010, when UNI lost to Lehigh. Last year every one of your conferences teams was eliminated at home. SUU got crushed, NAU wasn't competitive. EWU blew out SDSU late, but I don't think anyone contests that ewu is a top 5 team and has been over the period.

uofmman1122
September 20th, 2014, 11:44 PM
no one aside from NDSU has had a home game after the quarters.

Taking NDSU out of the equation is ridiculous. Without EWU the big sky is awful. Same for the Socon without GSU.

Every MVFC playoff team has won a game since 2010, when UNI lost to Lehigh. Last year every one of your conferences teams was eliminated at home. SUU got crushed, NAU wasn't competitive. EWU blew out SDSU late, but I don't think anyone contests that ewu is a top 5 team and has been over the period.
We've had a team in the semis every year since 2008, and two different teams have made the chipper.

NDSU deserves all the respect in the world and then some, but no one else in the Valley has stepped up.

Lots of non-MVFC teams have won on the road in the playoffs recently.

frozennorth
September 21st, 2014, 12:06 AM
We've had a team in the semis every year since 2008, and two different teams have made the chipper.

NDSU deserves all the respect in the world and then some, but no one else in the Valley has stepped up.

Lots of non-MVFC teams have won on the road in the playoffs recently.
yes, many of them against big sky opponents. EWU carries your conference. Montana is respectable. The rest is crap.

uofmman1122
September 21st, 2014, 12:11 AM
yes, many of them against big sky opponents. EWU carries your conference. Montana is respectable. The rest is crap.
If we're being fair, the rest of the Valley then is on par with or only slightly better than MSU. :|

None of them have escaped the quarters in recent memory.

Any argument made justifying the rest of the MVFC's playoff performance could also be made for MSU.

Just sayin'.

centennial
September 21st, 2014, 12:24 AM
If we're being fair, the rest of the Valley then is on par with or only slightly better than MSU. :|

None of them have escaped the quarters in recent memory.

Any argument made justifying the rest of the MVFC's playoff performance could also be made for MSU.

Just sayin'.
Oh please, stop pretending like the Big Sky is good. Outside of EWU and maybe you guys please tell us who is considered even a long shot title contender?

uofmman1122
September 21st, 2014, 12:35 AM
Lol

Again, if we're going by the standard the MVFC has put up the last few years, MSU is just as much a legit title contender as any MVFC team not named NDSU.

The only difference between the Big Sky when Montana was dominating a one team conference in the 00s and the MVFC now is that NDSU is winning NCs.

That's really it.

Again, the big sky may not be as good top to bottom as the valley right now, but I think the top three big sky teams could beat any MVFC team other than NDSU.

We won't find out until the playoffs, though, so until then we're stuck with our opinions.

dudeitsaid
September 21st, 2014, 02:04 AM
Did that catch with Henderson's arms around the defenders helmets stand? I thought it did, but watched the Sportcenter top 10. I was sure it would have been on there! That was an amazing grab! But I know the refs were discussing it, and I didn't catch the outcome as I was watching the EWU game on TV while the Griz/NDSU game played on my laptop.

In any case, that was one of the best freak catches I've ever seen!

word
September 21st, 2014, 02:29 AM
Props to the griz....great fans today as well. Had a blast, best of luck. The griz fans I hung out with today were top notch.

mvemjsunpx
September 21st, 2014, 03:21 AM
Did that catch with Henderson's arms around the defenders helmets stand? I thought it did, but watched the Sportcenter top 10. I was sure it would have been on there! That was an amazing grab! But I know the refs were discussing it, and I didn't catch the outcome as I was watching the EWU game on TV while the Griz/NDSU game played on my laptop.

It did stand, and I don't know why it wasn't on Sportscenter.

It led to the field goal at the end of the half.

Professor Chaos
September 21st, 2014, 08:26 AM
A few observations on Montana from me after watching this game:
1) #7 is a player, he had a few catches in traffic that were fearless and ultra athletic. I could see why the Bison didn't let him return any kicks.
2) Although they gave up a lot yards today the Griz D played like men. I rarely saw them substitute but they didn't get worn down by the Bison power run game too badly unlike a lot of teams (including FBS teams) have in recent years against NDSU.
3) It was great to see the passion from the opposing fans who made the trip to Fargo. Although some of the banter where I was at (on both sides) was rated R it makes it fun to have an opposing fan base as passionate about their team as us Bison fans are.

In the end the difference IMO was NDSU having a nearly 2 to 1 TOP advantage. For the the Bison fans out there who aren't very happy with the performance all I can say is that this was a sound 2 score win against a national title contender where the Bison dominated TOP and total yardage. I'm pretty pleased with the results.

BisonBacker
September 21st, 2014, 08:38 AM
Had a good time yesterday and didn't meet as many Griz fans as I'd of liked to but there were plenty there. To those that made the trip I hope they all had fun and enjoyed themselves other than the score. It is fun to party with a fan base that supports their team. This is where NDSU should have been 30 years ago. We were late to the party but were making up for lost time. Looking forward to another fun year of conference play and of course the playoff's! All I know is that any team coming into Fargo is going to have to strap it up and play their best game to have a chance to beat NDSU. Right now outside of UNI on the road our schedule I'm not seeing it. Yeah there are going to be tough games but yesterday's game was just short of total domination. No the score doesn't reflect it but outside of a busted coverage and a once in a lifetime catch the Grizzers were totally outmatched. Still a great bunch of fans!

Bisonator
September 21st, 2014, 08:47 AM

Yeah it was a great catch and it was confirmed on replay. Not sure why it wasn't on sportscenter.

Red & Black
September 21st, 2014, 08:54 AM
Oh please, stop pretending like the Big Sky is good. Outside of EWU and maybe you guys please tell us who is considered even a long shot title contender?

Montana State is very good this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red & Black
September 21st, 2014, 08:58 AM
Lol

Again, if we're going by the standard the MVFC has put up the last few years, MSU is just as much a legit title contender as any MVFC team not named NDSU.

The only difference between the Big Sky when Montana was dominating a one team conference in the 00s and the MVFC now is that NDSU is winning NCs.

That's really it.

Again, the big sky may not be as good top to bottom as the valley right now, but I think the top three big sky teams could beat any MVFC team other than NDSU.

We won't find out until the playoffs, though, so until then we're stuck with our opinions.

The Big Sky is not very good this year, but traditionally the conferences are very comparable. I also wouldn't say the Big Sky was a one-team conference during the time you are referencing, either. We had a lot of playoff appearances and big wins prior to 2010 as well.

The MVFC looks very good this year, but head to head competition in the playoffs is the best metric. I do know we are 3-0 against the MVFC in the playoffs in recent years, having trucked our last two opponents.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 21st, 2014, 09:17 AM
Had a good time yesterday and didn't meet as many Griz fans as I'd of liked to but there were plenty there. To those that made the trip I hope they all had fun and enjoyed themselves other than the score. It is fun to party with a fan base that supports their team. This is where NDSU should have been 30 years ago. We were late to the party but were making up for lost time. Looking forward to another fun year of conference play and of course the playoff's! All I know is that any team coming into Fargo is going to have to strap it up and play their best game to have a chance to beat NDSU. Right now outside of UNI on the road our schedule I'm not seeing it. Yeah there are going to be tough games but yesterday's game was just short of total domination. No the score doesn't reflect it but outside of a busted coverage and a once in a lifetime catch the Grizzers were totally outmatched. Still a great bunch of fans!

This here.

Polasek is still learning his OC role IMO. Some of his red zone calls were definite head scratchers but he will get better. Besides the 2 long passes, the Griz did absolutely nothing on offense yesterday. If Polasek calls a few more runs in the red zone, that game is a 35-40-10 game...easily. He'll learn from it. He is a good coach.

I agree with the conference being tough. It will take a very good game from another team to beat the Bison this year. Get out of the Valley and feast on teams that do not play defense...xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 21st, 2014, 09:18 AM
Montana State is very good this year.

Montana plays good defense....they did yesterday. They will give Montana State and EWU trouble defensively.

dudeitsaid
September 21st, 2014, 09:19 AM
Yeah it was a great catch and it was confirmed on replay. Not sure why it wasn't on sportscenter.

It should've been top 3!

robsnotes4u
September 21st, 2014, 09:24 AM

Griz gave up more yards, gained less yards, and only had 9 first downs compared to 20 for Weber but score was different. People say you chant compare games but....

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but not their own facts

Thundar
September 21st, 2014, 09:38 AM
The Big Sky is not very good this year, but traditionally the conferences are very comparable. I also wouldn't say the Big Sky was a one-team conference during the time you are referencing, either. We had a lot of playoff appearances and big wins prior to 2010 as well.

The MVFC looks very good this year, but head to head competition in the playoffs is the best metric. I do know we are 3-0 against the MVFC in the playoffs in recent years, having trucked our last two opponents.

What are you talking about? Big Sky 3-0 against the MVFC in the playoffs isn't true

2010 1-1 ndsu beat down Montana St then lost in OT to EWU
2011 0-1 UNI lost to Montana
2012 0-1 Illinois St lost to EWU
2013 1-1 SDSU beat NAU then lost to EWU

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 21st, 2014, 09:41 AM
What are you talking about? Big Sky 3-0 against the MVFC in the playoffs isn't true

2010 1-1 ndsu beat down Montana St then lost in OT to EWU
2011 0-1 UNI lost to Montana
2012 0-1 Illinois St lost to EWU
2013 1-1 SDSU beat NAU then lost to EWU

EWU is 3-0 against the Valley.

Thundar
September 21st, 2014, 09:48 AM

I took it as the conferences, then he is correct I apologize

clenz
September 21st, 2014, 09:49 AM
They've still never beat uni though

centennial
September 21st, 2014, 09:49 AM
This here.

Polasek is still learning his OC role IMO. Some of his red zone calls were definite head scratchers but he will get better. Besides the 2 long passes, the Griz did absolutely nothing on offense yesterday. If Polasek calls a few more runs in the red zone, that game is a 35-40-10 game...easily. He'll learn from it. He is a good coach.

I agree with the conference being tough. It will take a very good game from another team to beat the Bison this year. Get out of the Valley and feast on teams that do not play defense...xthumbsupx
Polasek is new to being a OC. His play calling is suspect, had Vigen been calling it, we would have likely 2-4 more touchdowns. At the end of the season this game isn't within 20 points.

veinup
September 21st, 2014, 10:10 AM
am I reading NDSU fans whining in victory?

"Well if it wasn't for those freak passes .. blown coverage .. and we'd run it more in the red zone IT WOULDVE BEEN DIFFERENT!"

No ****, fellas. But the coverage was blown, the passes were caught, and you ran the plays you ran. you won the game. try showing some humility some time.

Red & Black
September 21st, 2014, 10:22 AM
They've still never beat uni though

You need to actually make it to the playoffs and not lose in the first round for this to be possible. We haven't had the chance to play you since 2005, which was a great game, BTW.

UNIFanSince1983
September 21st, 2014, 10:29 AM
You need to actually make it to the playoffs and not lose in the first round for this to be possible. We haven't have the chance to play you since 2005, which was a great game, BTW.

That was the first round though, and we didn't lose in the first round that year ;)

Professor Chaos
September 21st, 2014, 10:36 AM
You need to actually make it to the playoffs and not lose in the first round for this to be possible. We haven't have the chance to play you since 2005, which was a great game, BTW.

You could say the same thing about EWU being 3-0 against the MVFC since 2010. They've lost out the last couple years before they saw the best the MVFC had to offer.

AmsterBison
September 21st, 2014, 12:20 PM
Montana's defense did a very good job of bending but not breaking. Their open field tackling and their new linebackers were pretty dang good.

Seemed like the Grizz were just hanging on by their fingernails in the first half though - kind of reminded me of the 2010 Bison team. Couldn't believe that NDSU wasn't up by 21 after two quarters.

Red & Black
September 21st, 2014, 12:21 PM
You could say the same thing about EWU being 3-0 against the MVFC since 2010. They've lost out the last couple years before they saw the best the MVFC had to offer.

Yes you could. My point is, a conference is not just one team. The past two years in the playoffs we heard quite a bit of rhetoric from MVFV fans who said we were going to get rolled in those games because of the overall strength of the conference. Until someone else does something in the playoffs, the MVFC is still a one trick pony. Just like the Big Sky has been the past several years.

Bisonoline
September 21st, 2014, 06:14 PM
Polasek is new to being a OC. His play calling is suspect, had Vigen been calling it, we would have likely 2-4 more touchdowns. At the end of the season this game isn't within 20 points.

Vigen did the same thing 4-5 years ago.

Hammerhead
September 21st, 2014, 08:53 PM
I thought the new NCAA rules meant that a reversal of a targeting call also meant the personal foul would be reversed.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10562246/teams-no-longer-penalized-overturned-targeting-call

frozennorth
September 21st, 2014, 10:26 PM
Lol

That's really it.

again, moron, it's the bottom 2/3rd of your conference. Literally all 10 teams have real playoff chances right now. Nearly every MVFC team would be a playoff team in your league. But yes EWU woudl be a top-3 team, so at least you can cling to that.