PDA

View Full Version : logic lesson from chattownmocs

chattownmocs
September 16th, 2014, 05:47 AM
Rankings. Oh the controversy of fcs rankings. If a team loses to #1 and #2 does this mean they shouldn't be ranked? Of course not. Guess what, it doesn't even mean they aren't number 3. On the other hand if a team beats the 2 worst teams in the country it doesn't mean they aren't the 3rd worst team in the country. It sure as hell doesn't mean they are better than the team above.

Most of all. We are not a college basketball selection committee. We don't have to try to compare incomparable resumes. Its ok to pick teams based on how good you think they are or will ultimately be unless there is something that completely disqualifies them from that position.

If I have to read these logical fallacies one more time, I might get myself banned again. Stfu

CID1990
September 16th, 2014, 06:28 AM
also

teams shouldn't be ranked because they are the most talented in the universe, even if they have a mini tebow

they have to actually not crap the bed

ursus arctos horribilis
September 16th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Rankings. Oh the controversy of fcs rankings. If a team loses to #1 and #2 does this mean they shouldn't be ranked? Of course not. Guess what, it doesn't even mean they aren't number 3. On the other hand if a team beats the 2 worst teams in the country it doesn't mean they aren't the 3rd worst team in the country. It sure as hell doesn't mean they are better than the team above.

Most of all. We are not a college basketball selection committee. We don't have to try to compare incomparable resumes. Its ok to pick teams based on how good you think they are or will ultimately be unless there is something that completely disqualifies them from that position.

If I have to read these logical fallacies one more time, I might get myself banned again. Stfu

You weren't banned. I could in fact see you logged in. I just made surfing tougher for you for a while for being a dick.

That being said, nothing in your post that doesn't actually make good sense.xthumbsupx

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 16th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Logic would dictate that if NDSU loses they STILL should be ranked #1 wont happen because people are knee jerk and want to see others fail much more than they want to do the right thing.

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Read title of thread...got excited.

SIUSalukiFan
September 16th, 2014, 12:53 PM
The most popular player on the majority of football rosters is the back-up QB.

Same logic applies here. A lot of folks think the team that is No. 1 is a team that's not.

thebootfitter
September 16th, 2014, 02:51 PM
The most popular player on the majority of football rosters is the back-up QB.

Same logic applies here. A lot of folks think the team that is No. 1 is a team that's not.
Eh?

BisonBacker
September 16th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Using chattownmocs and logic in the same sentence is illogical xlolx

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2014, 11:44 AM
Next we'll be getting sensitivity lessons from Adrian Peterson.

Thumper 76
September 17th, 2014, 12:06 PM
Or relationship advice from Ray Rice

BisonFan02
September 17th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Law consultation from TheFan

Bogus Megapardus
September 17th, 2014, 01:18 PM
Next we'll be getting sensitivity lessons from Adrian Peterson.

Or relationship advice from Ray Rice

Law consultation from TheFan

The Patriot League Hijack Team always is available for threads like this. Just call if you need us. xninjax

Lehigh'98
September 17th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Lehigh > Chatty, but barely

Thumper 76
September 17th, 2014, 01:27 PM
The Patriot League Hijack Team always is available for threads like this. Just call if you need us. xninjax

So how do we get the A team here? I'm guessing the answer is in the question. First you ask who ya gunna call? Obvious answer is Ghostbusters, who I would assume know how to get ahold of such a crack unit like the PLHT. Or perhaps we need a bat signal?

BullDog85
September 17th, 2014, 02:12 PM
Hold a wine and cheese party.xcoffeex

Mattymc727
September 17th, 2014, 02:25 PM
STFU! STFU!

Thumper 76
September 17th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Hold a wine and cheese party.xcoffeex

This seems more effective. Ghostbusters always puts me on hold.

skinny_uncle
September 17th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Lehigh > Chatty, but barely

I assume you are talking about something other than football.

FormerPokeCenter
September 18th, 2014, 11:53 AM
So how do we get the A team here? I'm guessing....perhaps we need a "Bat **** Crazy" signal?

FIFY