PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 3

superman7515
September 13th, 2014, 04:27 PM
About to head out to Colgate @ Delaware, the bonuses of living 5 min away, so posting up what I have at this point.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgtKAORz8z6vdHUzMmNIR1V4Uk8wMklqOW12TkhsY 3c&usp=sharing

A few seasons are possibly already on the line, I looked back as far as I could go and didn't see a single at-large that made the playoffs after starting the season 0-3. Eastern Illinois' loss to Illinois State means they are probably looking at autobid or nothing. Chattanooga, Cal Poly, The Citadel, Southern Utah, and Weber State are other teams getting votes in last weeks poll who are also staring at 0-3.

Side note, I just realized that I didn't add Alabama State's info in, I'll grab that once I get back.

If you see any errors, please send me a note so I can get that fixed ASAP, and as always thank you for making "How They Fared" the number 1 tool on AGS for filling out your brackets each week.

X-Factor
September 13th, 2014, 05:56 PM
How bout that Iowa team? Should UNI still be considered for a first place vote, Clenz?

dgreco
September 13th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Will Bryant crack the Top 25 this week?

Uncle Buck
September 13th, 2014, 08:44 PM
Will Bryant crack the Top 25 this week?

Possibly. Not an offensive juggernaut but my old Hofstra D Coordinator Greg Gigantino has the defense playing tough! Kudos to the Bulldogs!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

superman7515
September 13th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Possibly. Not an offensive juggernaut but my old Hofstra D Coordinator Greg Gigantino has the defense playing tough! Kudos to the Bulldogs!

Ladies and Gentlemen, an Uncle Buck sighting. Think I may have to add Bryant to my poll just for that.

Uncle Buck
September 13th, 2014, 09:15 PM

Lol, i still feel orphaned but I'm glad it's football season!

clenz
September 13th, 2014, 09:31 PM
How bout that Iowa team? Should UNI still be considered for a first place vote, Clenz?

Obsession duly noted.

Hammerhead
September 13th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Montana scores a TD. Tossing twinkies is one of the dumbest traditions I've ever seen. I guess it's better than tossing your cookies like they used to do, according to the announcers.

superman7515
September 13th, 2014, 10:50 PM
They could "toast" the players...

superman7515
September 14th, 2014, 01:07 AM
The poll is open, but the UNI @ Hawai'i game is still going. For what it's worth, UNI is hanging with them at the half, so even though the game isn't over I included a link to the box score and you can check the final score if you wake up to vote before I wake up to enter the final score in. Other than that, everything is updated and the final scores & records are finished. Best of luck with your ballots!

Tribe4SF
September 14th, 2014, 07:53 AM
Just saw the SHSU score. What happened to the Bearcats? I know Colorado State-Pueblo is a top Div. II team, but stats show complete domination.

Texas
September 14th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Just saw the SHSU score. What happened to the Bearcats? I know Colorado State-Pueblo is a top Div. II team, but stats show complete domination.

Keeler happened

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

MR. CHICKEN
September 14th, 2014, 08:08 AM
Montana scores a TD. Tossing twinkies is one of the dumbest traditions I've ever seen. I guess it's better than tossing your cookies like they used to do, according to the announcers.

19683.................READ DUH SIGN...GRIZZWALDS........"DON'T FEED DUH BEARS"............BRAWK!

superman7515
September 14th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Updated the Northern Iowa/Hawai'i results.

BisonBacker
September 14th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Thanks again Sup for everything you do.

penguinpower
September 14th, 2014, 08:46 AM
What's up with the box score on the UNI vs Hawaii game?

superman7515
September 14th, 2014, 09:26 AM
I guess the official scorer only kept track of the stats for Hawai'i and not for Northern Iowa? Or maybe Hawai'i only turned in their stats and assumed UNI would do their own?

bobcathpdevil56
September 14th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Thanks Supe. Bump

MSUDuo
September 14th, 2014, 08:00 PM
How much is a 38 point blanking worth for MSU...I would love to head to Conway, AR as a top 25 team. I have a feeling it will be close but we will come up just short.

skinny_uncle
September 14th, 2014, 08:38 PM
How much is a 38 point blanking worth for MSU...I would love to head to Conway, AR as a top 25 team. I have a feeling it will be close but we will come up just short.

You made my list.

Fear the Bird
September 15th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Bump

dewey
September 15th, 2014, 09:06 AM

I have you guys at 24.

Dewey

Grizalltheway
September 15th, 2014, 09:12 AM

Almost as dumb as turning off the lights and playing a ****ty butt rock song.

clenz
September 15th, 2014, 09:24 AM
I have ever MVFC team sans WIU and USD this week

BisonFan02
September 15th, 2014, 09:45 AM
I have ever MVFC team sans WIU and USD this week

Even UNI? :D

clenz
September 15th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Even UNI? :D
Yes...

Unlike others I don't rank in a record vacuum.

Against FCS teams I still think they are a top 5 program.

The defense looks good as **** against Hawaii. The offense needs to get their play calling sorted out, but won't be facing a DL like Iowa's or speed (holy **** Hawaii was way freaking faster than I thought) on the defensive side of the ball.

I hope UNI uses this week to **** stomp UNC and add some new **** to the offense. Sawyer is a 3 year starter, DJ is the most explosive player in the FCS, and the WR corp is as talented as there is outside of a very select number of schools.

This offense deserves an OC that will do something other than dive, dive, off tackle, dive, 20 yard sideline route, dive and repeat

BEAR
September 15th, 2014, 10:06 AM

I've got you guys in my top 25.

I think UCA just figured out that ONE QB is better than two after Taylor Reeds concussion our backup/starting QB threw for 5 TDs against #17/23 Montana State. I think this teams biggest weakness apart from pass defense has been too much in and out of QBs. Players can't get used to who ever is under Qb when it changes they have to change. Now that it is settled, hopefully, this UCA team should rack up a few more wins...consistency...they needed it. Without it other teams looked good against us..let's see how they play now this Saturday in Conway.

BisonFan02
September 15th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Yes...

Unlike others I don't rank in a record vacuum.

Against FCS teams I still think they are a top 5 program.

The defense looks good as **** against Hawaii. The offense needs to get their play calling sorted out, but won't be facing a DL like Iowa's or speed (holy **** Hawaii was way freaking faster than I thought) on the defensive side of the ball.

I hope UNI uses this week to **** stomp UNC and add some new **** to the offense. Sawyer is a 3 year starter, DJ is the most explosive player in the FCS, and the WR corp is as talented as there is outside of a very select number of schools.

This offense deserves an OC that will do something other than dive, dive, off tackle, dive, 20 yard sideline route, dive and repeat

Yes.

UNI's offesnive coordinator is the worst in the nation...by a damn country mile and a half.

Drop them.

Drop them hard.

Sir? :D

clenz
September 15th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Sir? :D
I didn't say drop them out...I just said hard.;)

I was also very, very, pissed at that point.

I was talking with citdog on the phone last night and one of the first things he asked is if I had calmed down enough or he needed to be worried about me doing harm to someone still.xlolx

I still think Salmon is a crap OC, but I have a feeling the part of the offensive issues Saturday night...Sunday morning actually...was due in very large part to the fact it was after mid-night to these guys bodies, having traveled over 4k miles in a plane, and probably fell under the spell of everything that surrounds Hawaii and it was just made worse by the crap play calling. I also think the OC, just like most UNI fans, didn't understand just how fast Hawaii would be. They weren't big, but I'm not kidding when I said I've never seen a team swarm to the ball that fast in a very long time.

Now, if the offense looks the same this week against UNC and the week after against TTU...well...

The sad thing is, as bad as UNI looked, it was only a 3 point loss. The defense was good as hell.

kingranch
September 15th, 2014, 10:27 AM
I didn't say drop them out...I just said hard.;)

I was also very, very, pissed at that point.

I was talking with citdog on the phone last night and one of the first things he asked is if I had calmed down enough or he needed to be worried about me doing harm to someone still.xlolx

I still think Salmon is a crap OC, but I have a feeling the part of the offensive issues Saturday night...Sunday morning actually...was due in very large part to the fact it was after mid-night to these guys bodies, having traveled over 4k miles in a plane, and probably fell under the spell of everything that surrounds Hawaii and it was just made worse by the crap play calling. I also think the OC, just like most UNI fans, didn't understand just how fast Hawaii would be. They weren't big, but I'm not kidding when I said I've never seen a team swarm to the ball that fast in a very long time.

Now, if the offense looks the same this week against UNC and the week after against TTU...well...

The sad thing is, as bad as UNI looked, it was only a 3 point loss. The defense was good as hell.

you fricking lost to Hawaii!!!

WestCoastAggie
September 15th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Just some MEAC Notes:

Bethune-Cookman struggles with Grambling but wins 36-23

A&T inks out a win against Elon 17-12.

South Carolina State gets smoked by Coastal Carolina 30-3

deez_na
September 15th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Sam Houston needs to be dropped from the rankings

rokamortis
September 15th, 2014, 10:41 AM
South Carolina State gets smoked by Coastal Carolina 23-3

A little correction, Coastal won 30-3

WestCoastAggie
September 15th, 2014, 10:44 AM
How high should Indiana State be ranked this week?

WestCoastAggie
September 15th, 2014, 10:45 AM
A little correction, Coastal won 30-3

Fixed.

LeeshaJo
September 15th, 2014, 10:58 AM
I have no idea how to rank this season. A few teams look like what they should or were expected to be. Quite a few look better than expected, but for the most part... it is all a great big cluster of teams. Then there are the head scratchers... Going to be interesting to see how things shake up as we move on.

(Here is my MVFC homerism) Be honest, if your team were looking at the upcoming MVFC conference schedule, how many wins would you expect to walk out with? I honestly see a two losses in conference team winning it (and being happy with only two losses).

TheRevSFA
September 15th, 2014, 10:59 AM
CSU-P just scored on Sam again, and it's Monday...

McNeese75
September 15th, 2014, 11:00 AM

xeyebrowx That just WRONG Rev :D

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Now that's funny xlolx

Walkon79
September 15th, 2014, 08:52 PM

HAHAHAHA!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nickels
September 15th, 2014, 11:54 PM
xcoffeexYeah it's almost as embarrassing as losing to Prairie View...

mvemjsunpx
September 16th, 2014, 12:33 AM
xcoffeexYeah it's almost as embarrassing as gaining 827 yards & still losing to Prairie View...

FIFY