PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Pick 'em - Week 3

Pages : 1 [2]

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2014, 02:23 PM
With Fordham presently up 40-0 over Rhode Island, I'd push the points on that Villanova-URI game on Oct. 11.

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Congrats to Holy Cross on the win.

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2014, 02:54 PM
Lehigh @ UNH:

http://nesn.com/2014/09/new-hampshire-lehigh-football-live-stream-no-7-wildcats-host-mountain-hawks/

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Fordham over URI 54-7, final.

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Indiana State 17, Ball State 14... so, what does that say about Colgate?

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2014, 03:46 PM
what does that say about Colgate?

They ought to try flossing.

citdog
September 13th, 2014, 03:56 PM

Y'all were saying that Ball State was GREAT remember?

xeyebrowx

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Y'all were saying that Ball State was GREAT remember?

xeyebrowx

It's game day here, citdog. Won't you please just go watch your own conference, just this once?

ColgateTD
September 13th, 2014, 04:19 PM

I dunno.....

Looks like the Rams are back.

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2014, 04:33 PM
citdog, clear your inbox and I'll explain my remarks.

citdog
September 13th, 2014, 04:57 PM
citdog, clear your inbox and I'll explain my remarks.

done

CHIP72
September 13th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Lafayette has had a good start on defense, but the offense needs to convert the good field position into points on this possession.

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2014, 05:22 PM
FYI - Lafayette - Robert Morris discussion is on the Lafayette Board.

CHIP72
September 13th, 2014, 05:27 PM
FYI - Lafayette - Robert Morris discussion is on the Lafayette Board.

Thanks for the heads up.

Go...gate
September 13th, 2014, 07:04 PM
As the page says, "ON ANY GIVEN SATURDAY".....

CHIP72
September 13th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Lafayette laying a serious ass whipping on Robert Morris. The Colonials have less than 100 yards of total offense through three quarters. Lafayette is leading 43-3 at the end of the 3rd quarter.

RichH2
September 13th, 2014, 07:34 PM
PL having a very good day. Well,other than LU's getting trashed.

DFW HOYA
September 13th, 2014, 08:03 PM
Marist is a very bad team this year and Georgetown only had 288 yards total offense. Ouch.

ColgateTD
September 13th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Heartbreaking loss, 28-25 for Gate, after leading UD right up to the last few seconds. Shoot!

CHIP72
September 13th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Lafayette ended up beating Robert Morris 50-3. The Leopards held the Colonials to 108 total yards and 4 first downs for the game.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 13th, 2014, 08:39 PM
6-0 week...
16-1 Overall.....

RichH2
September 13th, 2014, 08:45 PM
A depressing 6-0.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 13th, 2014, 08:48 PM
A depressing 6-0.

Putting faith in the Hoya's and having them come through is satisfaction enough for me. Next week things get real interesting. I think we'll get a better idea where Lehigh and Holy Cross stacks up....

Sader87
September 13th, 2014, 08:49 PM
The HAL9000 and I suffered our first loss.....should have had some faith in my Jesuit cousins in DC. Congrats Hoyas.

Pretty good, almost very good weekend for the PL....than again Lehigh lost, so the league must be down still. xrotatehx

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2014, 09:47 PM
The HAL9000 and I suffered our first loss.....should have had some faith in my Jesuit cousins in DC. Congrats Hoyas.

Pretty good, almost very good weekend for the PL....than again Lehigh lost, so the league must be down still. xrotatehx

Same here... Hoyas.

Well, Gtown's first and only win of 2014.

Go...gate
September 13th, 2014, 09:57 PM
Marist is a very bad team this year and Georgetown only had 288 yards total offense. Ouch.

A win is a win is a win. Congratulations to the Hoyas.

RichH2
September 13th, 2014, 10:02 PM
PL better this week.Not sure about GU but every other team has a good QB. Reed,Melville,Pujois,Shafniskey,Nitti and nebrich. Injuries and lesser other moving parts may turn out to be the key in PL race this year

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2014, 10:21 PM
I had a prior commitment and I could not watch the late games this week. Double congrats to Georgetown . . . nice job and a solid performance, judging from the stats.

As for my Leopards . . . well, you disappointed me. Coulda done better. There was plenty of time to lose it in the fourth. Up by only six touchdowns with the game on the line like that? Sheesh. xrolleyesx

carney2
September 13th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Lafayette ended up beating Robert Morris 50-3. The Leopards held the Colonials to 108 total yards and 4 first downs for the game.

RMU did not get past midfield and cracked their own 40 only once. The RMU freshman tailback who gained 199 yds. against North Dakota last week, and was recognized as freshman player of the week or some such, had only 17 yds. for the evening. After a slow start the Lafayette offense picked it up. Many running backs contributed, with surprise (most thought he'd sit out with a hip pointer) starter Ross Scheuerman gaining 173.

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2014, 10:58 PM
Many running backs contributed, with starter Ross Scheuerman gaining 173.

Seed of Chucky did his part, too. xcoolx

Bill
September 13th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Me too with the 6-0 week....now at 13-4 overall. Off by 3 (under on each side in the UNH game)...

Was very wrong on how close the Colgate game would be...and how much of a blow out the LC game would be. Need to stop listening to all of the "sky is falling" LC poster predictions!xrotatehx

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Me too with the 6-0 week....now at 13-4 overall. Off by 3 (under on each side in the UNH game)...

Was very wrong on how close the Colgate game would be...and how much of a blow out the LC game would be. Need to stop listening to all of the "sky is falling" LC poster predictions!xrotatehx

The sky always is falling in Pardsville. You should know that. And our persistently self-flagellating fans (including me) don't help matters.

I had a feeling that Colgate would play Delaware close. The Raiders shoulda won this one . . . really. But now we know more about them under the new Dan Hunt regime . . . they're serious.

Bill
September 13th, 2014, 11:21 PM
they're serious.

And don't call them "Shirley".xlolx

Go...gate
September 13th, 2014, 11:42 PM
The sky always is falling in Pardsville. You should know that. And our persistently self-flagellating fans (including me) don't help matters.

I had a feeling that Colgate would play Delaware close. The Raiders shoulda won this one . . . really. But now we know more about them under the new Dan Hunt regime . . . they're serious.

It's a long season and a lot of football is left. Colgate has a lot of work to do.

The Red Raiders have a fairly young club that hasn't won a game yet and faces a rivalry matchup next Saturday against Cornell.

Right now, I'd like to get that first win.

Bogus Megapardus
September 13th, 2014, 11:49 PM
And don't call them "Shirley".xlolx

My initial reaction was to go back to the iconic Massachusetts road signs here . . . but I'll spare everyone the hijackery. xrolleyesx

Colgate proved itself quite worthy today, I think. I'd love to have seen Colgate dig in with the wherewithal to finish this one off.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 13th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Most people, including the CAA folks, picked it close between Colgate and Delaware. I watched the entire second half. It felt very much like the Lehigh-JMU game. When Colgate fumbled at midfield I felt their doom...

Next week will tell more...

Colgate gets their rival in Cornell then has three straight home games against Georgetown, HC and Princeton.
Holy Cross has Harvard, Fordham and Colgate coming up, they'll prove their worth....
Lehigh has Yale, Monmouth and their BYE before Bucknell comes calling. The rest of schedule sets up well IF they win next week.
Lafayette gets their shot at a high-end CAA team next week, W&M. Then they get a cupcake in Wagner before traveling to the Bronx..

Things are about to get real interesting, real quick.

Bogus Megapardus
September 14th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Next week will tell more...

Colgate gets their rival in Cornell then has three straight home games against Georgetown, HC and Princeton.
Holy Cross has Harvard, Fordham and Colgate coming up, they'll prove their worth....
Lehigh has Yale, Monmouth and their BYE before Bucknell comes calling. The rest of schedule sets up well IF they win next week.
Lafayette gets their shot at a high-end CAA team next week, W&M. Then they get a cupcake in Wagner before traveling to the Bronx..

Things are about to get real interesting, real quick.

Yep. Very nice summary of things upcoming, Owl. We'll have a much better understanding of how we fit in after the next couple of games. There will be some nice wins but I fear there will be a couple of disasters along the way as well.

Holy Cross bears the brunt of it, though, dontcha think?

citdog
September 14th, 2014, 02:03 AM
Pretty obvious y'all suck even more this year than you usually do. That's saying something.

Go...gate
September 14th, 2014, 02:05 AM
My initial reaction was to go back to the iconic Massachusetts road signs here . . . but I'll spare everyone the hijackery. xrolleyesx

Colgate proved itself quite worthy today, I think. I'd love to have seen Colgate dig in with the wherewithal to finish this one off.

You and me both.

Bogus Megapardus
September 14th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Pretty obvious y'all suck even more this year than you usually do. That's saying something.

I nominate citdog for the AGS "Howard Zinn Award." He best exemplifies Zinn's legacy by disregarding both truth and history, and presenting everything only from the loser's point of view. xcoffeex

Ivytalk
September 14th, 2014, 07:20 AM

Pretty big talk from a Reb knee-targeter with rejection slips from Army, Navy and Air Force.xrolleyesx

van
September 14th, 2014, 07:29 AM
I nominate citdog for the AGS "Howard Zinn Award." He best exemplifies Zinn's legacy by disregarding both truth and history, and presenting everything only from the loser's point of view. xcoffeex

+1

Bogus Megapardus
September 14th, 2014, 07:46 AM
Pretty big talk from a Reb knee-targeter with rejection slips from Army, Navy and Air Force.xrolleyesx

Coast Guard, too . . . though I hear citdog got wait-listed at Merchant Marine.

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2014, 07:48 AM
PS That was Georgetown's 500th program victory.

Bogus Megapardus
September 14th, 2014, 07:57 AM
PS That was Georgetown's 500th program victory.

Someone's gonna have to bake a cake for DFW.

JoltinJoe
September 14th, 2014, 07:58 AM
PL better this week.Not sure about GU but every other team has a good QB. Reed,Melville,Pujois,Shafniskey,Nitti and nebrich. Injuries and lesser other moving parts may turn out to be the key in PL race this year

Nebrich looked a lot more mobile this week but he's still not 100%. I think Fordham would have played Villanova a lot closer this week with a healthier Nebrich (not that I think we could beat them if we played them again). When he's healthy, our offensive becomes multi-dimensional and our running game also takes off. When he's down, we are much easier to defend. Right now, it seems our season goes as Nebrich goes.

citdog
September 14th, 2014, 03:21 PM

Says the guy who sees no disconnect in advocating for Scottish Secession in his avatar yet denies the remedy to his own country....... xcoffeex

- - - Updated - - -

Never heard of 'em.......