PDA

View Full Version : The MVFC...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

Bisonator
December 17th, 2014, 08:54 AM
Yeah I get it, you won 3 National Titles, a 4th is pending, but UND is going after the same players in Minnesota and Wisconisn and Michigan(UND basically abandoned recruiting the upper midwest under the former coach, which meant one less team to compete with), they have similiar facilities if not better especially once they complete their practice facility, they have a coach who gets their tradition and is passionate about UND and has a plan in place, they have run off a bunch of guys this year all the while getting better each week! Plus isn't your beloved Coach Bohl going to take a few recruits here and there that may have went to the Bison? I just think it is going to be fun to watch and will impact the balnace of power in the Valley and overall in the FCS football.

Don't hold your breath.

mmiller_34
December 17th, 2014, 08:56 AM
Yeah I get it, you won 3 National Titles, a 4th is pending, but UND is going after the same players in Minnesota and Wisconisn and Michigan(UND basically abandoned recruiting the upper midwest under the former coach, which meant one less team to compete with), they have similiar facilities if not better especially once they complete their practice facility, they have a coach who gets their tradition and is passionate about UND and has a plan in place, they have run off a bunch of guys this year all the while getting better each week! Plus isn't your beloved Coach Bohl going to take a few recruits here and there that may have went to the Bison? I just think it is going to be fun to watch and will impact the balnace of power in the Valley and overall in the FCS football.

Possibilities and actuality are different things, my friend.

Also, its not just UND vs. NDSU battling for recruits in the upper midwest. Its UND vs. NDSU vs. SDSU vs. UNI vs. USD vs. WIU vs. ILST and probably other Valley squads.

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Yep, the MVFC is the best in a watered down not what it used to be FCS, Hasn't been the same since they busted up the CAA....Now that was a run fella's.....

KC Keeler moved West with the best, and may win a championship this year, and it could be against 2 MVFC teams.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2014, 09:07 AM
UND didn't abandon recruiting the upper Midwest under Mussman, they just sucked at it. In Mussman's last year practically every single player NDSU had interest in, much less had offered, had a UND offer. I've never seen so many scholarship offers out of one school, they couldn't possibly have the budget to maintain significant contact with all the recruits they offered. I agree that UND's new coach seems to be a better recruiter but who wouldn't be?

NDSUtk
December 17th, 2014, 09:28 AM

My thoughts:
1) UND was still going after the same players that NDSU was...and SDSU, and UNI, and other schools. It's recruiting...show me a recruit who gets one offer that you really want on your team? The question isn't that UND is offering...it's what does UND have to lure them with, that NDSU doesn't? Perhaps if they are looking to start earlier in their career, they feel they'd have a better chance at UND?
2) Why do you say they have similar if not better facilities? I don't follow this one at all. Have you been to the Alerus center? I don't see how you can say that is better than the FargoDome.
3) Yes, they have a coach who is now passionate. I'd hope damn near every school has this. I don't think their coach is world-renown and going to have recruits flocking because of him. It's not like they signed up Bill Cowher to come coach.
4) Yes, Bohl will take some recruits. So will Jerry Kill at Minnesota. So will Nebraska if they are smart.

I just don't see UND as a "force to be reckoned with". Will they get a guy here or there? Sure. But so will many other schools. I think what you're hearing NDSU fans say, until UND becomes a contender and has something to offer that is above and beyond what NDSU has to offer, they are far from the largest threat at recruiting. Think of those recruiting visits to the Alerus vs. the FargoDome.

NDSU at the FargoDome: You show up, you walk around, you see the gorgeous football office upstairs, you see the new state of the art turf, next year you'll see new score/video boards. Maybe you walk around and you see thousands of people tailgating and the atmosphere and RV's in the lot decked out in Bison colors and decals. It gets close to game time...you watch the stands fill up to maximum capacity. 2013 average attendance: 18,622. In other words, it is sold out. You watch NDSU go on to a victory in most home games in any recent memory.

UND at the Alerus Center: You show up, you walk around. You may even go see the Ralph on campus. You then drive to the Alerus off campus. You walk in...you hear the awful sound system (ever been to a concert there? The sheet metal sides aren't real great for sound). It's a newer building. You walk outside...you see the 100 people tailgating. You go inside for the game. You see the stands about 2/3 full as the team runs onto the field. (2013 average attendance: 8,357 with a capacity of 12,283...which means they'll never touch NDSU's capacity). You watch the home team...and more than half the time they lose (at least in the last 10 years, which is a lifetime to these 17 year old recruits as that's all they've ever seen). You realize UND is and will always be a hockey first school.

So I ask you...why is it that you view UND as such a threat to NDSU?

344Johnson
December 17th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Reason UND is a "threat", they are the other state school. They will do everything they can to try to keep up with NDSU.

They won't be down forever. And NDSU won't be up forever.

centennial
December 17th, 2014, 09:55 AM
The best UND can do is take our walk on kids or maybe take a long shot at NDSU. Till they start being a threat to the MAC, MVFC teams and pull in freshman players like RJ our WR I am not scared of them.

Sycamore62
December 17th, 2014, 10:13 AM
everyone is 1-3 years from being completely opposite from what they are now. things that you dont even recognize could change things. we've said this stuff about many teams over the last 20 years and stuff comes and goes.

Not saying NDSU will go south or UND is going to win a NC but not being worried about it doesnt prevent the problem.

Ill bet your coach is worried about losing recruits to UND. Or at least he should be.

344Johnson
December 17th, 2014, 10:22 AM
everyone is 1-3 years from being completely opposite from what they are now. things that you dont even recognize could change things. we've said this stuff about many teams over the last 20 years and stuff comes and goes.

Not saying NDSU will go south or UND is going to win a NC but not being worried about it doesnt prevent the problem.

Ill bet your coach is worried about losing recruits to UND. Or at least he should be.

This. If you ever want to get mind blown, check out top 25 rankings for FBS from the 10-20 years ago and see all the programs that have really fallen off since then.

clenz
December 17th, 2014, 10:30 AM
This. If you ever want to get mind blown, check out top 25 rankings for FBS from the 10-20 years ago and see all the programs that have really fallen off since then.

Go check the AGS history from 08/09 to now

wow
December 17th, 2014, 10:40 AM
My thoughts:
1) UND was still going after the same players that NDSU was...and SDSU, and UNI, and other schools. It's recruiting...show me a recruit who gets one offer that you really want on your team? The question isn't that UND is offering...it's what does UND have to lure them with, that NDSU doesn't? Perhaps if they are looking to start earlier in their career, they feel they'd have a better chance at UND?
2) Why do you say they have similar if not better facilities? I don't follow this one at all. Have you been to the Alerus center? I don't see how you can say that is better than the FargoDome.
3) Yes, they have a coach who is now passionate. I'd hope damn near every school has this. I don't think their coach is world-renown and going to have recruits flocking because of him. It's not like they signed up Bill Cowher to come coach.
4) Yes, Bohl will take some recruits. So will Jerry Kill at Minnesota. So will Nebraska if they are smart.

I just don't see UND as a "force to be reckoned with". Will they get a guy here or there? Sure. But so will many other schools. I think what you're hearing NDSU fans say, until UND becomes a contender and has something to offer that is above and beyond what NDSU has to offer, they are far from the largest threat at recruiting. Think of those recruiting visits to the Alerus vs. the FargoDome.

NDSU at the FargoDome: You show up, you walk around, you see the gorgeous football office upstairs, you see the new state of the art turf, next year you'll see new score/video boards. Maybe you walk around and you see thousands of people tailgating and the atmosphere and RV's in the lot decked out in Bison colors and decals. It gets close to game time...you watch the stands fill up to maximum capacity. 2013 average attendance: 18,622. In other words, it is sold out. You watch NDSU go on to a victory in most home games in any recent memory.

UND at the Alerus Center: You show up, you walk around. You may even go see the Ralph on campus. You then drive to the Alerus off campus. You walk in...you hear the awful sound system (ever been to a concert there? The sheet metal sides aren't real great for sound). It's a newer building. You walk outside...you see the 100 people tailgating. You go inside for the game. You see the stands about 2/3 full as the team runs onto the field. (2013 average attendance: 8,357 with a capacity of 12,283...which means they'll never touch NDSU's capacity). You watch the home team...and more than half the time they lose (at least in the last 10 years, which is a lifetime to these 17 year old recruits as that's all they've ever seen). You realize UND is and will always be a hockey first school.

IMO, the bold is the biggest thing. I wouldn't underestimate a DI recruit's desire for playing time.

Reruits are recruits, players are players. It takes 1 recruiting class to completely change the dynamic of a football team (something I would think Bison fans would understand).

SDSU has done pretty well for ourselves despite playing second fiddle to NDSU. With new facilities opening and more on the horizon, we seem to be winning a few more head to head recruiting battles. Why would UND be any different?

Why are we talking about UND in a thread titled The MVFC?

FargoBison
December 17th, 2014, 10:46 AM
IMO, the bold is the biggest thing. I wouldn't underestimate a DI recruit's desire for playing time.

Reruits are recruits, players are players. It takes 1 recruiting class to completely change the dynamic of a football team (something I would think Bison fans would understand).

SDSU has done pretty well for ourselves despite playing second fiddle to NDSU. With new facilities opening and more on the horizon, we seem to be winning a few more head to head recruiting battles. Why would UND be any different?

It seems a UND fan has decided to pose as a UNI fan. That's why.

wretched
December 17th, 2014, 10:57 AM
My thoughts:

Never said the AC was better than the Fargodome, said similiar facilities, which I think is a fair statement, maybe not from your perspective, yes I have been to both facilities and thought they were similiar, and yes no doubt the passion of the Bison fans is a huge draw, I disagree with the perspective that UND was just bad at recruiting the upper midwest, well they were but they did not emphasize the upper midwest and may have lost kids because of this, they are now targeting the upper midwest as the kids who will trun the program around, and one can already see the benefits, and whether Bison fans want to admit it or not they had some real tangible success this year, playing with a half of a recruiting class and another guys recruits. People will now poke fun at the statement real tangible success (by saying things like they went 5-7) but like I said they ran guys off, got better each week, ended the season with two wins, one over a team who desperately needed the win to remain in the playoff picture and blew out a bad UNC team. Just think the arrow is pointed up...plus they play in the Big Sky not the MVFC...I think they could finsih in the top 3 in the Big Sky and contend for a playoff spot as early as next year, I would not be saying that if they played in the MVFC. Look at what Neilson is doing at WIU with way less resources and facilities committed to football. They are poised to be very tough next year. Similiar build going on at UND imo. It's fun to specultate which teams have the arrow pointing up, which have it pointed sideways and which ones are pointed down. Finally, If UND does as I think they will do and have some success it will probably impact imo the most the Bison. Maybe not maybe SDSU or UNI will suffer the most but there are only so many recruits in the upper midwest and with another score emphasizing that area in recruiting I think it is fair to think this will affect another school negatively.

wretched
December 17th, 2014, 11:02 AM
It seems a UND fan has decided to pose as a UNI fan. That's why.

Nope UNI and MVFC through and through, so I have to be a fan of a certain school to recognize said school is doing some good things?

FargoBison
December 17th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Nope UNI and MVFC through and through, so I have to be a fan of a certain school to recognize said school is doing some good things?

You seem to know more about UND than anyone non-UND fan that I have ever seen on this board that isn't an NDSU fan.

wretched
December 17th, 2014, 11:06 AM

Goes back to the question if the MVFC can keep being the dominant FCS conference and my perspective that if UND becomes a power it will swing the balance of power at least a little bit in FCS football since they play in a different conference and Bison fans becoming defensive about the possibility that UND could rebuild their program, which may affect the Bison!

wretched
December 17th, 2014, 11:09 AM
You seem to know more about UND than anyone non-UND fan that I have ever seen on this board that isn't an NDSU fan.
Been to a game or 2 out there, follow a couple of people on twitter for information, review box scores and have an opinion that's all.

FargoBison
December 17th, 2014, 11:16 AM
Been to a game or 2 out there, follow a couple of people on twitter for information, review box scores and have an opinion that's all.

Just seems you've bought into all their BS that I've heard countless times from their fans. Like I said I am not worried until they actually do something, UNI and SDSU are much bigger threats in MN. SDSU especially if you look at their facilities they are building.

Only thing I agree about is WIU, that said Neilson could be the best coach in the Valley so what they are doing doesn't shock me. I knew he would get them back on track.

Bisonator
December 17th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Takes more to have a successful program then just recruits.

No_Skill
December 17th, 2014, 12:18 PM
A wise man once said "the only thing that's constant, is change"...

...or was it "the more things change, the more they stay the same"? I forget.

ysubigred
December 17th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Where are the boobs?

At the Citadel xrolleyesx

http://www.citadel.edu/root/images/Citadel_In_Photos/200901-to-201108/20091106.094911.citadel-01035025a.jpg

http://towleroad.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/vmi1.jpg

ysubigred
December 17th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Sorry but Bo doesn't come across as the grooming type to me! xlolx

Just watched his press conference Coach Pelini could be here for the long haul xthumbsupx

AmsterBison
December 17th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Just watched his press conference Coach Pelini could be here for the long haul xthumbsupx

I've heard coaches say that one day and announce their new job the next.

That said, I hope Coach Pelini sticks around for a long time if only for the sign possibilities.

Sycamore62
December 17th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Yeah, you dont want to shoot yourself in the foot and say you will be there until you get a big offer.

ysubigred
December 17th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Yeah, you dont want to shoot yourself in the foot and say you will be there until you get a big offer.

Oddly enough I believe he did receive "big" offers.. that's what took so long. I won't be surprised "if" Bo leaves in a 1-2 year period but I feel confident he'll be at YSU for 3-5 xdrunkyx

Bisonator
December 17th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Oddly enough I believe he did receive "big" offers.. that's what took so long. I won't be surprised "if" Bo leaves in a 1-2 year period but I feel confident he'll be at YSU for 3-5 xdrunkyx

He'll be lucky to survive for 3-5 years. This is the MVFC not the weak ass B1G! :D

Jacks02
December 17th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Not being an *** or looking to start a fight, but wondering why you think UND is no threat? Seems like they got things headed in the correct direction over there. Finished 5-7 with virtually no offense, beat a top 25 team in Northern Az and have great FCS facilities which will get better once the practice facility is done and like I said have got lots of verbals from Minnesota already. Just think they are going to get back to what they did to have success back in the early 2000's.

UND also got smoked 38-0 by Missouri State, which was the 9th best team in the MVFC.

FargoBison
December 17th, 2014, 03:46 PM
UND beating NAU isn't impressive, they lost the next week to SUU. NAU got a lot of mileage out of beating EWU without VA and just to win that game they needed some breaks.

I do think UND is going the right direction but honestly they were so far off course with Muss at the helm it would be hard to get much more off course. To say they are on track become what they were in the D2 NCC days is a bit far fetched. They aren't living in a world filled with Augustana's and St Cloud's anymore, it is a much different place. The Big Sky is a football driven league and UND remains a school that is focused on hockey first and anything else second.

Houndawg
December 17th, 2014, 04:13 PM
UND also got smoked 38-0 by Missouri State, which was the 9th best team in the MVFC.

And the only team to finish behind them also beat NAU. On the road.

Houndawg
December 17th, 2014, 04:15 PM
UND beating NAU isn't impressive, they lost the next week to SUU. NAU got a lot of mileage out of beating EWU without VA and just to win that game they needed some breaks.

I do think UND is going the right direction but honestly they were so far off course with Muss at the helm it would be hard to get much more off course. To say they are on track become what they were in the D2 NCC days is a bit far fetched. They aren't living in a world filled with Augustana's and St Cloud's anymore, it is a much different place. The Big Sky is a football driven league and UND remains a school that is focused on hockey first and anything else second.

That will change when they get internet and stuff.xcoffeex

BisonBacker
December 17th, 2014, 04:18 PM

I was working in my garage and I believe that was a bye week for NDSU. So I listened to that game with a smile on my face knowing Mo. State was not going to be a contender in the MVFC this year. When Mo. State smoked them I knew the big undies were going to be in for a long year lol.

Sycamore62
December 17th, 2014, 05:50 PM
If I'm not mistaken the current UND AD was at ISUb. I think I have his autograph on my NLI. I wish I could get that removed.

DoubleE
December 17th, 2014, 06:13 PM
I've heard coaches say that one day and announce their new job the next.

That said, I hope Coach Pelini sticks around for a long time if only for the sign possibilities.

My Favorite coaching story is when Todd Graham a few years back had a winning season at rice, signed a contract extension in the morning and a new contract to coach tulsa the that night. biggest douchbag coaching today (current arizona state coach)

344Johnson
December 17th, 2014, 06:21 PM
My Favorite coaching story is when Todd Graham a few years back had a winning season at rice, signed a contract extension in the morning and a new contract to coach tulsa the that night. biggest douchbag coaching today (current arizona state coach)

He is a king douche.

mmiller_34
December 17th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Never said the AC was better than the Fargodome, said similiar facilities, which I think is a fair statement, maybe not from your perspective, yes I have been to both facilities and thought they were similiar, and yes no doubt the passion of the Bison fans is a huge draw, I disagree with the perspective that UND was just bad at recruiting the upper midwest, well they were but they did not emphasize the upper midwest and may have lost kids because of this, they are now targeting the upper midwest as the kids who will trun the program around, and one can already see the benefits, and whether Bison fans want to admit it or not they had some real tangible success this year, playing with a half of a recruiting class and another guys recruits. People will now poke fun at the statement real tangible success (by saying things like they went 5-7) but like I said they ran guys off, got better each week, ended the season with two wins, one over a team who desperately needed the win to remain in the playoff picture and blew out a bad UNC team. Just think the arrow is pointed up...plus they play in the Big Sky not the MVFC...I think they could finsih in the top 3 in the Big Sky and contend for a playoff spot as early as next year, I would not be saying that if they played in the MVFC. Look at what Neilson is doing at WIU with way less resources and facilities committed to football. They are poised to be very tough next year. Similiar build going on at UND imo. It's fun to specultate which teams have the arrow pointing up, which have it pointed sideways and which ones are pointed down. Finally, If UND does as I think they will do and have some success it will probably impact imo the most the Bison. Maybe not maybe SDSU or UNI will suffer the most but there are only so many recruits in the upper midwest and with another score emphasizing that area in recruiting I think it is fair to think this will affect another school negatively.

Feel like I just ran into a USD fan from 12 months ago.

centennial
December 17th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Feel like I just ran into a USD fan from 12 months ago.
Stop insulting USD. They would be a solid big sky program.

mmiller_34
December 18th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Stop insulting USD. They would be a solid big sky program.

That's true! I should give credit where credit is due.

AmsterBison
December 18th, 2014, 10:56 AM

Ha, you remind me of MplsBison, but you are right - it is hard to stay on top because either you are improving or you are getting worse and it's hard to improve when you have set new standards for excellence. NDSU's main problem in football is that the whole conference is upping their games. In comparison, UND is an afterthought because they can't prevent NDSU from winning the MVFC (or a any Summit title.) NDSU doesn't even need to play UND to accomplish every preseason goal in every sport.

UND's main advantage is that, no matter what they claim, their bar is set much lower than NDSU's. While it's conceivable that they could hurt NDSU in recruiting (for example, they could offer every partial NDSU goes after a full ride), that's not a blueprint for winning championships. Which is fine for UND because they would be completely happy to wallow in mediocrity as long as they could drag NDSU closer to their level.

You'd have a much stronger case if UND joined the MVFC/Summit. That would free up money to pay coaches more, restore the only non-hockey games that their fans care about, and put their games in reach of players' families. For reasons that defy logic, UND won't even consider this. Which is awesome.

stevdock
December 20th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Goes back to the question if the MVFC can keep being the dominant FCS conference and my perspective that if UND becomes a power it will swing the balance of power at least a little bit in FCS football since they play in a different conference and Bison fans becoming defensive about the possibility that UND could rebuild their program, which may affect the Bison!

Well one thing is for sure, if UND makes the playoffs that will have a huge impact on SDSU in the playoffs. Regionalization will put UND against NDSU instead of SDSU against NDSU right away.

UND might have been doing better things as the season went on, but they are still a long ways away. Remember Missouri St went to UND and beat them up big time 35-0 I believe. I was interested to see if UND was ready to take a step forward, but definitely not after this game.

BisonBohl
December 20th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Well folks...what you say now?

Congrats to the MVFC!

uofmman1122
December 20th, 2014, 04:15 PM
MVFC fans today.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/auto/r/786x0/f/2/f20b5_ORIG-randy_marsh_jizz.jpg

centennial
December 20th, 2014, 04:15 PM
LMAO^

Vitojr130
December 20th, 2014, 04:17 PM
MVFC fans today.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/auto/r/786x0/f/2/f20b5_ORIG-randy_marsh_jizz.jpg

Close, but not quite. UNH is lucky they didn't lose by more, being the fumble by ISU with 2 inches to go and the no-call fumble that UNH lucked out with.

Sycamore62
December 20th, 2014, 04:17 PM
^LOL'd

Twentysix
December 20th, 2014, 04:19 PM
MVFC fans today.

It's easy when you are the Master Race Conference. xcoolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2014, 04:21 PM
2 best teams are in the final.

centennial
December 20th, 2014, 04:21 PM
I heard a few times announcers saying the MVFC is the SEC of the FCS. The reality is the SEC has no chance at an all SEC finals.

uofmman1122
December 20th, 2014, 04:22 PM
2 best teams are in the final.No objections from me.

NDSUSR
December 20th, 2014, 04:22 PM
2 best teams are in the final.
Could make an argument for UNI since they beat both ISU and NDSU. Just sayin.....

DoubleE
December 20th, 2014, 04:23 PM
I heard a few times announcers saying the MVFC is the SEC of the FCS. The reality is the SEC has no chance at an all SEC finals.

wasnt LSU vs Bama a few years ago ?

Twentysix
December 20th, 2014, 04:23 PM
Could make an argument for UNI since they beat both ISU and NDSU. Just sayin.....

Regardless of outcome, this is UNI's first Natty.... oh wait.... nm :p

IBleedYellow
December 20th, 2014, 04:25 PM

They then got piss pounded by ISU. So there's that.

centennial
December 20th, 2014, 04:25 PM
wasnt LSU vs Bama a few years ago ?
Almost no chance with the 4 team playoffs. Other conferences are too influential.

NDSUSR
December 20th, 2014, 04:26 PM

Im just saying its gotta burn UNI to be sitting home knowing they beat both teams going to the final.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2014, 04:27 PM

UNI played a great game against NDSU but they were too inconsistent to be a NC contender.

IBleedYellow
December 20th, 2014, 04:27 PM
Im just saying its gotta burn UNI to be sitting home knowing they beat both teams going to the final.

Well, yeah. Of course they're jaded. If/when NDSU wins they'll probably post the score from them beating us this year. What's funny is we'll have a 4th banner to hang in the rafters while they pound their chest about a score.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2014, 04:28 PM

Consistency!

ISU dominated them in the playoffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, yeah. Of course they're jaded. If/when NDSU wins they'll probably post the score from them beating us this year. What's funny is we'll have a 4th banner to hang in the rafters while they pound their chest about a score.

Check rep!

IBleedYellow
December 20th, 2014, 04:29 PM
UNI played a great game against NDSU but they were too inconsistent to be a NC contender.

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner! Plus you have to look at the circumstances of that W, UNI had their backs against the wall there, and NDSU came into the game tight instead of loose like we've seen them every other game this year.

DoubleE
December 20th, 2014, 04:35 PM

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2014, 04:49 PM
So the MVFC will finish the year with a 33-2 record against out of conference FCS opponents I believe.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/1e/1edc56f7417bf6d57e51c39b1e2d42c7335542480201ebb653 dc32eaca5a2b0b.jpg

UNIFanSince1983
December 20th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Doesn't really burn. I think all UNI fans know our QB play was terrible all year, and it cost us when we needed it most. We got beat by a great ISUr team in the playoffs and didn't deserve to make it further than that. It happens. I am not going to cry about it or say we deserve to be there since we beat both teams. I would have loved to play NDSU again as opposed to playing ISUr again considering they are the better matchup for us. If our QB play was more consistent this year we could have been there, but it was not even when Kollmorgen was playing. I am worried about the UNI-Iowa basketball game tonight. Congrats to both ISUr and NDSU on making it the first all one conference Championship game!!

Houndawg
December 20th, 2014, 05:11 PM

Nah... UNI lost to the Jacks who lost to YSU who lost to WIU who lost to SIU.

Clearly SIU is the power in the MVC...xcoffeex

Houndawg
December 20th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Doesn't really burn. I think all UNI fans know our QB play was terrible all year, and it cost us when we needed it most. We got beat by a great ISUr team in the playoffs and didn't deserve to make it further than that. It happens. I am not going to cry about it or say we deserve to be there since we beat both teams. I would have loved to play NDSU again as opposed to playing ISUr again considering they are the better matchup for us. If our QB play was more consistent this year we could have been there, but it was not even when Kollmorgen was playing. I am worried about the UNI-Iowa basketball game tonight. Congrats to both ISUr and NDSU on making it the first all one conference Championship game!!

Not after this many times.

UNIFanSince1983
December 20th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Not after this many times.

Exactly! We are used to let down.

mmiller_34
December 20th, 2014, 05:37 PM
Nah... UNI lost to the Jacks who lost to YSU who lost to WIU who lost to SIU.

Clearly SIU is the power in the MVC...xcoffeex

Cmon now. You could make that argument for any team in the MVFC.

wait a minute... Never mind. I forgot USD didn't win against anyone in the conference.xlolx

clenz
December 20th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Cmon now. You could make that argument for any team in the MVFC.

wait a minute... Never mind. I forgot USD didn't win against anyone in the conference.xlolx
South Dakota beat Northern Arizona
Northern Arizona beat E Washington
E Washington beat Sam Houston St
Sam Houston St beat Jacksonville St
Jacksonville St beat Chattanooga
Chattanooga beat Indiana St
Indiana St beat Northern Iowa
Northern Iowa beat Illinois St and North Dakota State.

Transative property for all

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sycamore62
December 20th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Northern Iowa beat Illinois St

Lol I love doing this

the science is in folks. Can't argue with it

mmiller_34
December 20th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Northern Iowa beat Illinois St

curses

clenz
December 20th, 2014, 06:12 PM
I added ndsu to it as well.

Same exact path as UNI beat both

Sycamore62
December 20th, 2014, 06:24 PM
So basically as I did last week or so you can make an Art Briles argument that the zero win team from the MVFC should be deserving for 3 of 4 spots in the FBS tournament

Houndawg
December 20th, 2014, 06:59 PM
So basically as I did last week or so you can make an Art Briles argument that the zero win team from the MVFC should be deserving for 3 of 4 spots in the FBS tournament

Yotes got woofed. Shoulda been seeded...xsmhx

mmiller_34
December 20th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Yotes got woofed. Shoulda been seeded...xsmhx

Lol. Where are the YOTE fans!

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2014, 07:31 PM
does anyone really believe the bison are a true FCS team something just doesn't smell right

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2014, 07:34 PM
does anyone really believe the bison are a true FCS team something just doesn't smell right

Keeping the trolling rolling.....xrolleyesx

Sycamore62
December 20th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Keeping the trolling rolling.....xrolleyesx

If they jump to FBS do they still get to play in Frisco since it is in 2015?

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2014, 08:00 PM
three weeks is just too long between games that's a lot of material I need to come up with

mmiller_34
December 20th, 2014, 08:06 PM
The MVC will start offering FBS football and invite all MVFC schools.

Where you at Clenz!!!?

clenz
December 20th, 2014, 08:25 PM
The MVC will start offering FBS football and invite all MVFC schools.

Where you at Clenz!!!?
If the financials work and it doesn't involve the rest of the mvc sure.

In other words...MVC starts football and invites MVFC plus NMSU and Idaho because USD needs some wins too

mmiller_34
December 20th, 2014, 08:29 PM
If the financials work and it doesn't involve the rest of the mvc sure.

In other words...MVC starts football and invites MVFC plus NMSU and Idaho because USD needs some wins too

Get Western Kentucky back?

ValleyTalk
December 20th, 2014, 08:31 PM
The MVFC is so good.

penguinpower
December 20th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Flexing muscles in the playoffs. 7-1 against non mvfc competition in the playoffs. And only lost one game in regular season. So that means they were 30-2 vs all other conferences. Wow! Stunning

Wallace
December 20th, 2014, 08:55 PM
Next: Jan. 10, 2015 – 12 noon CT (ESPN2) – Frisco, Texas. Illinois State vs. North Dakota State

· Illinois State (13-1) is making its first title game appearance. The Redbirds beat UNI, Eastern Washington and New Hampshire in the playoffs to get there.
· North Dakota State (14-1) is making its fourth-straight title game trip. The Bison are the three-time defending national champions and beat South Dakota State, Coastal Carolina and Sam Houston State to reach Frisco this year.
· The teams did not play each other this year and shared the MVFC title with identical 7-1 league records (both teams lost at UNI). The teams (ISU, NDSU) were declared co-champions and NDSU earned the league’s automatic bid designation to the playoffs by virtue of a better national GPI rating (NDSU-1, ILS-2 in that rating).
· The MVFC finished the season 30-2 against non-league FCS teams, with the only two losses on the road at then-ranked #4 Montana (regular season) and then-ranked #8 Chattanooga (playoffs).
· The league also set a record with 11 wins against non-conference top-25 teams (five in the regular season, six in the playoffs).
· The MVFC set a record with 9 playoff wins (the league is 9-3 in the playoffs this year, and that includes two games in which it played another league member). The previous record was 8 by CAA Football in 2004, 2008, and 2009). The MVFC is guaranteed a 10th win.
· Valley Football teams have defeated the No. 1 tournament seed five times (including New Hampshire this year). Illinois State's win at New Hampshire also marked the 14th win for the league against a No. 1-ranked team.
· North Dakota State has won 15-consecutive playoff games.
· A Valley Football team has played in the title game 7 previous times, winning five of those games.
· Valley Football teams are 76-54 all-time in the playoffs (since the league was founded in 1985). The league is 28-10 this decade. And the league is 24-7 in the last four tournaments, including this year.

FargoBison
December 20th, 2014, 10:55 PM
NDSU having a banner recruiting day today. Locked up two huge RB recruits and a big OL recruit. All had FBS offers, two from Wyoming. Bohl having a rough go of it recruiting against his old school.

DoubleE
December 20th, 2014, 11:13 PM
NDSU having a banner recruiting day today. Locked up two huge RB recruits and a big OL recruit. All had FBS offers, two from Wyoming. Bohl having a rough go of it recruiting against his old school.

link ?

FargoBison
December 20th, 2014, 11:22 PM
link ?

RB Bruce Anderson...Offers from Kent State, Air Force, Army and Navy

https://twitter.com/BisoNation/status/546479546112151552

OT Trenton Mooney...Army, Air Force, Wyoming and New Mexico

https://twitter.com/BisoNation/status/546421034023665665

RB Demaris Purifoy...New Mexico and Wyoming

Purifoy just happened, so nothing reported yet but he is coming per a rock solid source.

Our OC said this on twitter an hour ago...

Best Day Recruiting In NDSU History, by the staff! Love it!

https://twitter.com/CoachTimNDSU/status/546521982859100160

frozennorth
December 21st, 2014, 01:26 AM
The only way today could get better for ndsu is if JJ would decommit from umn.

IBleedYellow
December 21st, 2014, 06:15 AM

Have family friends that know him well. He wouldn't do well at NDSU according to all of them. His mindset isn't right and he wants to be the #1 back right away and be given the ball all the time.

His loss for thinking UM will be the place for him. He doesn't want to be a Bison, we aren't going to beg for you.

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2014, 07:12 AM

if North Dak State is offering, that's an FBS offer to me and you said out recruiting FBS Wyoming..... hmmm, Why are you guys still at the FCS level?

Gil Dobie
December 21st, 2014, 07:57 AM
if North Dak State is offering, that's an FBS offer to me and you said out recruiting FBS Wyoming..... hmmm, Why are you guys still at the FCS level?
This is how NDSU keeps up with all those FBS transfers at other schools. It works better if they start in a system vs transfer in for a year or two.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2014, 08:18 AM
Have family friends that know him well. He wouldn't do well at NDSU according to all of them. His mindset isn't right and he wants to be the #1 back right away and be given the ball all the time.

His loss for thinking UM will be the place for him. He doesn't want to be a Bison, we aren't going to beg for you.

If that is JJ's mindset then is the U of M really the best place for him. Gophers have 6 RBs coming back next year and 4 of them are freshman this year...xeyebrowx

IMO, he would have had a better chance of starting right away if he committed to NDSU. But I think he must really want to play in the Big 10 and at the highest level.

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2014, 08:38 AM
This is how NDSU keeps up with all those FBS transfers at other schools. It works better if they start in a system vs transfer in for a year or two.

well no question it works, but you didn't deny you are in fact a FBS team... I mean whens the last time you lost to a FBS team.....I guess you'll be moving along soon enough.

catamount man
December 21st, 2014, 09:15 AM
MVFC is now clearly the BEST FCS football conference going. Congrats!

December 21st, 2014, 09:40 AM
well no question it works, but you didn't deny you are in fact a FBS team... I mean whens the last time you lost to a FBS team.....I guess you'll be moving along soon enough.
It is very simple as to why NDSU is FCS and not FBS. NDSU and Fargo are simply to small to support an FBS team. The Fargo dome would need to at least double in size. Then you would need to find the extra fans, local, who would be willing to spend money to fill that stadium. Now while I believe you could fill a 22,000 to 25,000 seat stadium every week you would not come even close to keeping a 40,000 seat stadium even 90% full. The you would need to triple the football budget, which of course you mean you would need to increase the budget equally in women's sports. Simply put NDSU is a premier FCS school but in no way is it a FBS school....... maybe when Fargo metro area doubles in population and NDSU has 20,000+ students. Right now there is simply not the horses available to support FBS except at maybe the very bottom level.

centennial
December 21st, 2014, 09:56 AM
The best thing would be to try to expand the fargodome to 25k. The problem is that there isn't any support from the state, it will be all NDSU. I really don't think the FM area would support more than 25k fans. If we had good state support NDSU would already be a student body of 25k instead of 15. In the end we get more exposure at the top FCS then we would get at 3rd place in mountain west, or 2nd place MAC

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2014, 10:01 AM
It is very simple as to why NDSU is FCS and not FBS. NDSU and Fargo are simply to small to support an FBS team. The Fargo dome would need to at least double in size. Then you would need to find the extra fans, local, who would be willing to spend money to fill that stadium. Now while I believe you could fill a 22,000 to 25,000 seat stadium every week you would not come even close to keeping a 40,000 seat stadium even 90% full. The you would need to triple the football budget, which of course you mean you would need to increase the budget equally in women's sports. Simply put NDSU is a premier FCS school but in no way is it a FBS school....... maybe when Fargo metro area doubles in population and NDSU has 20,000+ students. Right now there is simply not the horses available to support FBS except at maybe the very bottom level.

All he is doing is trolling. Good post though!

Gil Dobie
December 21st, 2014, 10:12 AM

FBS teams offer more scholarships and play in bigger stadiums. I'm surprised Delaware isn't an FBS school, being in the population dense ECB. Maybe would have happened with Keeler and his FBS transfer brigade, if they had stayed.

Gil Dobie
December 21st, 2014, 10:15 AM

JJ will have some stiff competition with another JJ with the Gophers. Jeff Jones the 3 star Runningback from Minneapolis Washburn. Cobb graduates and one of the JJ's has a good chance for playing time. Kill does rotate backs when he has a couple great ones though.

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2014, 12:14 PM
maybe when Fargo metro area doubles in population and NDSU has 20,000+ students.

I heard lots of you guys just moved to Frisco anyway, every year the problem compounds until soon no one will be left in Fargo

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2014, 12:17 PM
The best thing would be to try to expand the fargodome to 25k. The problem is that there isn't any support from the state, it will be all NDSU. I really don't think the FM area would support more than 25k fans. If we had good state support NDSU would already be a student body of 25k instead of 15. In the end we get more exposure at the top FCS then we would get at 3rd place in mountain west, or 2nd place MAC

I think I heard some Statesboro boy saying they didn't realize how much media attention they would get playing at the FBS level..... now granted your situation might be a bit different....

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2014, 12:18 PM
FBS teams offer more scholarships and play in bigger stadiums. I'm surprised Delaware isn't an FBS school, being in the population dense ECB. Maybe would have happened with Keeler and his FBS transfer brigade, if they had stayed.

me too but the president of the UD apparently thinks college football is a dying sport

344Johnson
December 21st, 2014, 01:12 PM

Have you ever been on NDSU's campus? I don't think it could handle an extra 10K students. Also, pretty much anyone who applies to NDSU gets in. Where are these students going to come from?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2014, 01:20 PM
Have you ever been on NDSU's campus? I don't think it could handle an extra 10K students. Also, pretty much anyone who applies to NDSU gets in. Where are these students going to come from?

The blind squirrel found a nut.

When Uncle Joe tried expanding the enrollment back in the early 2000's, it was a mess. Getting up to 15k was a huge pain in the ass. You would literally have to double the size of the campus to support 25k.

clenz
December 21st, 2014, 01:30 PM

When Uncle Joe tried expanding the enrollment back in the early 2000's, it was a mess. Getting up to 15k was a huge pain in the ass. You would literally have to double the size of the campus to support 25k.
If NDSU is at 15k I have to assume they are maxed out. Benn to that campus a couple times and there is zero room, as it stands now, to support much more than they currently have.

Same situation at UNI. Campus is about the same size, enrollment is about the same. UNI's sweet spot is between 12-15k and 15k assumes there is a lot of upper classman living off campus. There just isn't enough professors, classrooms, dorms, advisors, anything to handle 16k+ at UNI. 15K really starts to make things thin.

344Johnson
December 21st, 2014, 01:40 PM

And we would a campus twice the size... With the same number of students.. Because I really don't know who else would come here. We already let everyone in.

FargoBison
December 21st, 2014, 01:41 PM

I disagree NDSU is a G5 school with no G5 conference to join.

So we are stuck in the FCS, which I don't have an issue with really.

FargoBison
December 21st, 2014, 01:44 PM
If NDSU's enrollment grows at all it will likely be with grad students. Like others have said undergrad enrollment is about maxed out, there is nowhere to put them unless NDSU decides to tear down some of the rental houses it owns and expand the campus but that is easier said then done.

That said the school just raised its admission standards so that to me signals they are happy where they are at.

clenz
December 21st, 2014, 01:47 PM
Isn't ndsus acceptance rate in the very high 80s or low 90s?

Not trying to start a flame war here. ..but...how much does that help in football recruiting? Knowing that the kid will be accepted and the only issue would be clearing house?

UNI has a pretty high rate of mid 70s but i know they've lost kids they really wanted because they weren't accepted

NoDak 4 Ever
December 21st, 2014, 01:51 PM
Isn't ndsus acceptance rate in the very high 80s or low 90s?

Not trying to start a flame war here. ..but...how much does that help in football recruiting? Knowing that the kid will be accepted and the only issue would be clearing house?

UNI has a pretty high rate of mid 70s but i know they've lost kids they really wanted because they weren't accepted

It's almost the same as Kansas but that doesn't seem to help football

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2014, 02:38 PM
All he is doing is trolling. Good post though!

call it whatever you want to but I actually have an interest in other areas besides a 10 mile radius of where I live, how come I have the feeling you would fail a geography quiz

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2014, 02:49 PM
call it whatever you want to but I actually have an interest in other areas besides a 10 mile radius of where I live, how come I have the feeling you would fail a geography quiz

I'll compare my college degree with a bozo like you any day.

jub1982
December 21st, 2014, 02:53 PM

You've already established yourself as a troll. Deal with the consequences.

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2014, 02:55 PM
I'll compare my college degree with a bozo like you any day.

are you comparing your college degree to bozo's???. i'll give you more credit than that.

mmiller_34
December 21st, 2014, 02:59 PM
**** awkwardly interrupts

So, uh, yah. How about the MVFC being better than other conferences eh?

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2014, 03:02 PM
You've already established yourself as a troll. Deal with the consequences.

and what would the consequences be that you boys are playing right into my hands I asked the legitimate question and got legitimate answers until you trolls popped up

jub1982
December 21st, 2014, 03:10 PM
and what would the consequences be that you boys are playing right into my hands I asked the legitimate question and got legitimate answers until you trolls popped up

Getting called out for you doing the same garbage. You change your story every week so you can argue with people. After NDSU beat Coastal you said they were going to cruise for another championship because the remaining teams weren't that good. Now you're trolling the championship game thread arguing with a Bearkat fan with the opposing opinion. We call you out for it, and you call us trolls.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2014, 03:13 PM
are you comparing your college degree to bozo's???. i'll give you more credit than that.

You are a troll. You prove it over and over.

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2014, 03:59 PM
You are a troll. You prove it over and over.

learn some class from the majority of bison fans.....

do you see them constantly provoking me?

344Johnson
December 21st, 2014, 04:31 PM

Not going to read what sparked this "troll" debate... But a lot of NDSU fans are really touchy. Dissenting opinion must be crushed.

BisonFan02
December 21st, 2014, 04:36 PM
Not going to read what sparked this "troll" debate... But a lot of NDSU fans are really touchy. Dissenting opinion must be crushed.

Says the guy banned from Bisonville...spends a lot of time at SiouxSports.com...and tried to compare Wentz to my bud Mertens as "Mertens 2.0" as some sort of slam...on said UND fanboard. You of all people should be very well versed on identifying "troll" behavior.

centennial
December 21st, 2014, 07:26 PM
You don't understand. I mean if the state gave NDSU money to expand. I do understand that we are maxed out at 15k. I remember my last year at NDSU kids living in the motels while NDSU was building new dorms(2008-09).

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2014, 07:57 PM

You're the guy the compared Wentz and Mertens? Taking a shot at Mertens?

He is a good kid coming from a good family. Do you even know them?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2014, 07:59 PM

Provoke you crybaby?

xlolx

You've done this for two years. Class? Right back at you. I'm just one of the few that call your bull**it!

344Johnson
December 21st, 2014, 08:04 PM
Says the guy banned from Bisonville...spends a lot of time at SiouxSports.com...and tried to compare Wentz to my bud Mertens as "Mertens 2.0" as some sort of slam...on said UND fanboard. You of all people should be very well versed on identifying "troll" behavior.

Apparently you spend plenty of time there as well. Why not post?

Got the diapers put on for not backing the university I attend. Like I said, a very touchy fan base.

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2014, 08:08 PM
Provoke you crybaby?

xlolx

You've done this for two years. Class? Right back at you. I'm just one of the few that call your bull**it!

like when I correctly predicted that Coastal Carolina was going to give you guys a pretty good game, and correctly called out the Bison fans who just couldn't accept that it was about to happen.... called many of them a bit smug.

Like when I correctly said that after you Beat Coastal that the road just got easier, because Sammy was not going to touch you and that Coastal was better than Sammy

just horrible stuff!

344Johnson
December 21st, 2014, 08:12 PM
You're the guy the compared Wentz and Mertens? Taking a shot at Mertens?

He is a good kid coming from a good family. Do you even know them?

I don't doubt he is a good guy from a good family. What that has to do with playing football, I have no idea. You must be from East Grand Forks.

Again, touchy fanbase. Dissenting opinion must be squashed.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2014, 08:18 PM
I don't doubt he is a good guy from a good family. What that has to do with playing football, I have no idea. You must be from East Grand Forks.

No, you're taking a shot at Mertens with what you are writing....little backhanded jabs. Some of his struggles had a lot to do with the coaches not using his abilities and an offensive philosophy not conducive to his skill set.

Wonder why you are banned on BV.....xcoffeex

Gil Dobie
December 21st, 2014, 08:21 PM
SDSU had the talent to be in Frisco, had they won at NDSU. UNI also had the talent, they were a little more unpredictable.

344Johnson
December 21st, 2014, 08:33 PM
No, you're taking a shot at Mertens with what you are writing....little backhanded jabs. Some of his struggles had a lot to do with the coaches not using his abilities and an offensive philosophy not conducive to his skill set.

Wonder why you are banned on BV.....xcoffeex

Those things may be true, probably are. Never said a word about him as a person though. Not one. But you seem to think labeling someone a mediocre football player is an insult to them as a person.

BisonFan02
December 21st, 2014, 08:34 PM

....(saved for later....)

Sycamore62
December 21st, 2014, 08:43 PM
SDSU had the talent to be in Frisco, had they won at NDSU. UNI also had the talent, they were a little more unpredictable.

I have to say ISUb could have pulled some Cinderella stuff and made it but they would have had to never had a bad bounce. Not that they could have beat all the teams but their route could have got them in.

FargoBison
December 21st, 2014, 09:19 PM

UNI perhaps had more talent than any team, coaching let them down. Let them down big time.

BisonFan02
December 21st, 2014, 09:20 PM

Got the diapers put on for not backing the university I attend. Like I said, a very touchy fan base.

Care for me to share what REALLY put you on "diaper mode" or are you just going to shut your ****ing mouth and ride off in the sunset? I don't know what happened to you....did some Bison player steal your gf? Get made fun of too much in your classes? Other than trolling, what value do you add here? You've said it yourself....you hate NDSU...do you get off on annoying Bison fans?

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2014, 09:29 PM
I have to say ISUb could have pulled some Cinderella stuff and made it but they would have had to never had a bad bounce. Not that they could have beat all the teams but their route could have got them in.
ISUb was a good RB away from being a contender IMO. You just can't run the gauntlet in the playoffs being so one dimensional passing the ball on offense. Time of possession will add up in a hurry when you get put up against team that can control the ball. Considering where the Trees were at a year ago the fact that they were that close to making a deep run is a pretty amazing thing regardless.

clenz
December 21st, 2014, 09:41 PM
ISUb was a good RB away from being a contender IMO. You just can't run the gauntlet in the playoffs being so one dimensional passing the ball on offense. Time of possession will add up in a hurry when you get put up against team that can control the ball. Considering where the Trees were at a year ago the fact that they were that close to making a deep run is a pretty amazing thing regardless.
One good rb and about 4 OL that know how to run block.

It wasn't just a lack of RB at ISUb. The OL and blocking schemes were terrible.

ZZ, DJ, Coprich, Crockett would have all had some real issues trying to run with that line

Sycamore62
December 21st, 2014, 09:53 PM
One good rb and about 4 OL that know how to run block.

It wasn't just a lack of RB at ISUb. The OL and blocking schemes were terrible.

ZZ, DJ, Coprich, Crockett would have all had some real issues trying to run with that line

This is my opinion too. I think we actually had some solid running backs. I think they just chased large slow lineman which doesn't lend itself to run blocking. Add going out of a 2-point stance every play and you have strike 4-5 and 6. Basically, if you are going to try the pass heavy style they had, you cannot drop passes and you have to have really solid pass protection. You must make teams blitz and Rush more than 4.

clenz
December 21st, 2014, 09:58 PM
UNI perhaps had more talent than any team, coaching let them down. Let them down big time.
That's what makes it so frustrating. Top to bottom UNI was the most talented team I watched this year. Not always the best at every position but complete roster.

Had Sawyer gotten to run the offense Brion did post SDSU game the sky was the limit.

Had Brion been treated, and been willing...as that was a large part of the issue with him...as a running QB and we had utilized a pistol/gun speed/jet option team things would have been much different.

There was a change made on the OL before the NDSU game that made a huge difference. That change was changed back during the ISUr playoff game.

I got half my wish with Verduzco being gone. Im willing to give Salmon a year of complete control to see what he does with the offense. When it was him and TA calling plays, back in the day, the offense was more open and free...much like how TA used Harris at MSU.

There are a good number of UNI fans that would like to see TA fill Verduzcos spot

Bisonator
December 21st, 2014, 10:00 PM
How do you guys see the Valley shaking out next year? I think ISUr will probably be at the top. After that there's a lot question marks. I expect NDSU to be in the mix but our defense will need to reload.

centennial
December 21st, 2014, 10:04 PM
How do you guys see the Valley shaking out next year? I think ISUr will probably be at the top. After that there's a lot question marks. I expect NDSU to be in the mix but our defense will need to reload.
This would unpopular but I think we should get maybe 2 DL JUCO or FBS and maybe one WR. Otherwise I don't think we could dominate the valley.

clenz
December 21st, 2014, 10:05 PM
This is my opinion too. I think we actually had some solid running backs. I think they just chased large slow lineman which doesn't lend itself to run blocking. Add going out of a 2-point stance every play and you have strike 4-5 and 6. Basically, if you are going to try the pass heavy style they had, you cannot drop passes and you have to have really solid pass protection. You must make teams blitz and Rush more than 4.
I actually think Buck Logan is a very serviceable back.

Lost only 37 yards on his 171 carries. Averaged 4.7 per carry.

A better balance on offense would have done him, and that ground game, wonders

DoubleE
December 21st, 2014, 10:05 PM

I think(hope) YSU will be a playoff team next year with Bo Pelini and the vast majority of talent returning

Bisonator
December 21st, 2014, 10:09 PM
This would unpopular but I think we should get maybe 2 DL JUCO or FBS and maybe one WR. Otherwise I don't think we could dominate the valley.

I think the younger guys on the Dline will be OK with another year with Kramer. The WR position is always a question mark. We have some nice looking guys there that just need to step up. I doubt we look for transfers.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2014, 07:15 AM

Ill State probably will be the preseason favorite to win the Valley.

WIU will be good and they were really young this year.

SDSU has some huge shoes to fill with ZZ and Sumner gone.

NDSU will be very good on offense right out of the gate. Although I think they should go after a good JUCO WR if there is one out there. The defense has some good players coming back but IMO, there will be a big learning curve for the defense right away. But there is a good core with Schaetz, Tanguay, DeLuca, Smith and Champion coming back.

I think SIU and UNI will be good also. IDK about YSU as of yet. I think MSU and USD will be at the bottom. Ind State needs a running game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2014, 07:19 AM
I think the younger guys on the Dline will be OK with another year with Kramer. The WR position is always a question mark. We have some nice looking guys there that just need to step up. I doubt we look for transfers.

I agree with this. Schaetz will be a senior but the other 3: Tanguay, Morgan and Messner will all be So. Plus there are some RFR that might be ready to rotate also. LBer and S will be huge to fill. DeLuca is a stud at MLB but the outside guys will not have much experience.

Bisonator
December 22nd, 2014, 07:27 AM
Our biggest holes will be at LB and safety. Big shoes to fill!

ysubigred
December 22nd, 2014, 07:33 AM
Next year MVFC rankings Pre ~ pre season.

1. NDSU
2. ISU (r)
3. SDSU
4. ISU (b)
5. WIU
6. PUNI
7. SIU
8. SDU
9. YSU
10. MO ST

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2014, 07:36 AM

NDSU will be very good on offense right out of the gate. Although I think they should go after a good JUCO WR if there is one out there. The defense has some good players coming back but IMO, there will be a big learning curve for the defense right away. But there is a good core with Schaetz, Tanguay, DeLuca, Smith and Champion coming back.

I think SIU and UNI will be good also. IDK about YSU as of yet. I think MSU and USD will be at the bottom. Ind State needs a running game.

Hopefully Vraa will take the medical redshirt. If that happens we will be stacked at WR. Vraa Urzendowski, Woods are a nice combination.

clenz
December 22nd, 2014, 07:50 AM
Next year MVFC rankings Pre ~ pre season.

1. NDSU
2. ISU (r)
3. SDSU- losing both Sumner and ZZ they won't be a top 3 pick
4. ISU (b) - loss of Perish will greatly affect that offense. Might be 4th based on this year, but without a Perish stepping in that offense will struggle
5. WIU - Talent is strong at the skill positions but there is a lot to prove on defense and OL for this team. I bet they are 6th-8th preseason
6. PUNI - if Kollmoregen comes back UNI will be 3rd or 4th preseason poll. Losing DJ and X hurts a ton, but a large # of starters back
7. SIU - 6th or 7th seems right. Likely to be overrated based on name preseason
8. SDU - Not sure who this is, but if it's USD the will be picked 10th. 1 D1 win in 1.5 seasons and 3 conference wins in 3 years...all in consecutive weeks over a 1.5 season ago. Lost by an average score of 38-10 this past year in conference play
9. YSU - a lot of offensive talent. Likely preseason 5-7 pick
10. MO ST - new coaches, new QB, new systems...only thing keeping them from 10th is USD
added opinions

ysubigred
December 22nd, 2014, 08:03 AM
added opinions

LOL SDU!! You know your opinions are always is good with me xthumbsupx

Daved
December 22nd, 2014, 08:30 AM
LOL SDU!! You know your opinions are always is good with me xthumbsupx

Lately that's been the case with me and somehow that scares me!

clenz
December 22nd, 2014, 08:33 AM
Lately that's been the case with me and somehow that scares me!
what's amazing is my opinions haven't changed. YSU fans started noticing I was pretty much correct on the vast majority of things the last 3 or 4 years and started leaving emotion out of it when responding to me. Turns out when they/you did that I all of a sudden became bearable.

Who'da thunk it?

achrist70
December 22nd, 2014, 08:47 AM
Preseason Rankings for next year

1. Illinois State- Seems like almost everyone is a junior on this team
2. NDSU- They lose just enough to be picked second, but in all honesty both teams could go 8-0 in conference
3. UNI- Return quite a bit actually, if key will be if the O-Line can figure it out next year, I think we have talent across the board
4. SDSU- The lose a few more key pieces than UNI, that matchup is in Brookings though
5. WIU- A team that was just a tough one to beat last year, getting better
6. SIU- Honestly has the talent to finish higher, but never seem to put it together
7. Indiana St.- Holes to fill, no longer the door mat of the league
8. MSU- New coach brings a little life to the program
9- YSU- Pelini is big hire, really don't see an immediate turn around
10- USD- Nothing on paper changes this finish

clenz
December 22nd, 2014, 09:53 AM
I'm apparently much higher on YSU than others.

Missouri State and USD appear to be well...and I mean well...below the rest of the league. I don't see how YSU finishes lower than 8th.

Ruiz comes back for YSU off of a 1300 yard season. He was only a sophomore last year
Wells replaced Nania in game 6 and played well. Completed 60% of his passes, 1800 yards 2:1 TD:INT...as a freshman last year
4 of their top 5 pass catchers are back
Top WR in Andrew Williams is back
3rd leading WR is back in Andre Stubbs
Ruiz was 4th in receptions
Jody Webb was 5th
Those 4 had 121 of the 177 receptions last season.

I haven't looked much at the defense and OL yet but skill position wise they will be good

Bisonator
December 22nd, 2014, 09:58 AM
Has Pelini named any staff yet?

KUlawJack
December 22nd, 2014, 12:37 PM

2. NDSU- They lose just enough to be picked second, but in all honesty both teams could go 8-0 in conference
3. UNI- Return quite a bit actually, if key will be if the O-Line can figure it out next year, I think we have talent across the board
4. SDSU- The lose a few more key pieces than UNI, that matchup is in Brookings though
6. SIU- Honestly has the talent to finish higher, but never seem to put it together

We've got 7 starters back on offense and 9 on defense. Obvious losses at QB, WR, and RB. RT graduates also.

We add in two starters from previous years who sat this past year with injuries, one on offensive line and one at linebacker.

How many starters does UNI return? Is there a challenger at QB or is Kollmorgen the shoe-in?

clenz
December 22nd, 2014, 12:39 PM
We've got 7 starters back on offense and 9 on defense. Obvious losses at QB, WR, and RB. RT graduates also.

We add in two starters from previous years who sat this past year with injuries, one on offensive line and one at linebacker.

How many starters does UNI return? Is there a challenger at QB or is Kollmorgen the shoe-in?
we don't know 100% he's coming back.

KUlawJack
December 22nd, 2014, 12:39 PM
we don't know 100% he's coming back.

Can you explain further, I must have missed that somewhere.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2014, 12:44 PM
Can you explain further, I must have missed that somewhere.

Well he was benched for an extremely poor passer for most of the season and the playoffs. One that proved to be a liability rather than an asset. That probably makes him not want to be there.

KUlawJack
December 22nd, 2014, 12:49 PM
Well he was benched for an extremely poor passer for most of the season and the playoffs. One that proved to be a liability rather than an asset. That probably makes him not want to be there.

So, you're saying there's some speculation. I didn't know if we had some concrete stuff here or not. That's why I asked.

clenz
December 22nd, 2014, 12:55 PM
So, you're saying there's some speculation. I didn't know if we had some concrete stuff here or not. That's why I asked.
I've got some well connected sources that put it 50/50.

It was 90/10 leaving about 3 weeks ago. Verduzco leaving seems to have stemmed it a lot

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2014, 02:31 PM

This looks pretty good as of right now. Although I think WIU is going to be right up there battling for a top-3 spot.

If NDSU can replace some holes on defense, they will right in the thick of it also. But with what Ill State has coming back, they have to be the favorite to start the season.

Daved
December 22nd, 2014, 02:45 PM
what's amazing is my opinions haven't changed. YSU fans started noticing I was pretty much correct on the vast majority of things the last 3 or 4 years and started leaving emotion out of it when responding to me. Turns out when they/you did that I all of a sudden became bearable.

Who'da thunk it?Seems to me that you started replacing a lot of your emotions with factual information--I thought maybe it came with age,experience, and the unlikely tailspin UNI had last season(that naturally YSU had to end.)

clenz
December 22nd, 2014, 02:57 PM
Seems to me that you started replacing a lot of your emotions with factual information--I thought maybe it came with age,experience, and the unlikely tailspin UNI had last season(that naturally YSU had to end.)
Nope.

Opinions are exactly the same that's the strange part.

Sycamore62
December 22nd, 2014, 03:19 PM
I think there will be 2 good teams again and about a 6 team blender.

KUlawJack
December 22nd, 2014, 04:03 PM
I think there will be 2 good teams again and about a 6 team blender.

Let's not overstate it here. xlolx

Two teams playing for the national championship, plus a couple more that could have done damage but for having to play those two teams!

Sycamore62
December 22nd, 2014, 04:09 PM
Let's not overstate it here. xlolx

Two teams playing for the national championship, plus a couple more that could have done damage but for having to play those two teams!

Yes, sorry. Comparing the conference only to itself

frozennorth
December 22nd, 2014, 07:39 PM
Those things may be true, probably are. Never said a word about him as a person though. Not one. But you seem to think labeling someone a mediocre football player is an insult to them as a person.

You're using the guys name as an insult.

ST_Lawson
December 22nd, 2014, 10:00 PM
This looks pretty good as of right now. Although I think WIU is going to be right up there battling for a top-3 spot.

I love the vote of confidence...we do have a young team that's just getting better every year, but personally, I think we end up a couple of wins better than this year and are the last of the 4-5 MVFC teams taken in the playoffs. As Indiana State was this year, that's pretty much where I think we'll be next year. I'd love a couple of surprise wins like we almost had this year to shake things up a bit.

Bisonoline
December 22nd, 2014, 10:34 PM

So its other peoples fault? You got put on moderation because your trolling got continually worse to the point where every post you were showing your azz and being a richard regardless of subject. You will find the same reaction in life after school. When people tire of your act you will again be on the outside looking in.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2014, 10:48 PM
So its other peoples fault? You got put on moderation because your trolling got continually worse to the point where every post you were showing your azz and being a richard regardless of subject. You will find the same reaction in life after school. When people tire of your act you will again be on the outside looking in.

Nah, he'll probably fall in with his dad who will give him a cushy job. He'll be like Colin Farrell in Horrible Bosses in 20 years.

344Johnson
December 22nd, 2014, 11:01 PM

I'm much nicer IRL.

Nah, he'll probably fall in with his dad who will give him a cushy job. He'll be like Colin Farrell in Horrible Bosses in 20 years.

They have nepotism rules. Anything I get will unfortunately be on merit. Would much rather skip a few steps. Such is life.

See y'alls down in Texas. Looking forward to the weather.

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2014, 12:57 AM

That, and I guess said person can belittle someone about their military service...someone that they KNEW was a disabled vet? That's pretty high level trolling if you ask me....

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2014, 01:01 AM
That, and I guess said person can belittle someone about their military service...someone that they KNEW was a disabled vet? That's pretty high level trolling if you ask me....

Classic immature little prick.

NDB
December 23rd, 2014, 01:03 AM

Not sh#t? Man, I'm Mother Trollin' Theresa.

Houndawg
December 23rd, 2014, 04:33 AM

Not SIU, unless there are some real sleepers in the recruit pile, and these days UNI is synonymous with finding a way to lose. Lennon's recruiting has improved but still isn't good enough to break out of the pack.

Gil Dobie
December 23rd, 2014, 05:35 AM
Not SIU, unless there are some real sleepers in the recruit pile, and these days UNI is synonymous with finding a way to lose. Lennon's recruiting has improved but still isn't good enough to break out of the pack.

The conference has gradually improved as team recruit to compete with the Bison. Any team, except maybe USD, could compete every week, not only inside the conference, but outside the conference as witnessed this year. Lennon was on that UND staff that followed NDSU around and recruited athletes that NDSU was after. Same thing happened in DII. During the NDSU run in the 1980's, USD stepped up, then UNC in the 1990's and UND shortly after, to play in championship games. I expect to see several MVFC teams, besides NDSU and ISUR to play in championships the next few years.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 23rd, 2014, 08:12 AM

I saw it a little different when SIU played the Bison. SIU had some talent for sure but there were a few positions that needed a better player in it. NDSU played a really good game but SIU as potential. Lennon's defense looked better to me.

I don't know how much time Lennon gets after this year but another .500 season would not be good for him IMO.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 23rd, 2014, 08:15 AM
I love the vote of confidence...we do have a young team that's just getting better every year, but personally, I think we end up a couple of wins better than this year and are the last of the 4-5 MVFC teams taken in the playoffs. As Indiana State was this year, that's pretty much where I think we'll be next year. I'd love a couple of surprise wins like we almost had this year to shake things up a bit.

You may be right. Nielson is a good coach and WIU will be back. They played a very good game against the Bison and if they replicated that effort every week, they will be a tough game for every team in the Valley.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 23rd, 2014, 08:17 AM

That was pretty sad!

mmiller_34
December 23rd, 2014, 09:21 AM
***awkwardly interrupts

Uh, so. Yeah. The MVFC is really good. Pretty much better than multiple lower level FBS conferences. Cool building projects going on lots of places; lots to be proud of.

Also want to take this opportunity to share my experience from the SDSU-Montana State game. We were on the fringe of the SDSU section and 4 MSU fans were standing behind me. After Zenner scored his first touchdown this is the conversation I heard from two Montana State fans:

"Are these guys suppose to be good?"
"I don't know."
"Where are they in conference?"
"They aren't in our conference"
"Why are we playing them?"
"This is a playoff game."
"Really? I didn't know that."

It was hilarious.

Houndawg
December 23rd, 2014, 10:17 AM
The conference has gradually improved as team recruit to compete with the Bison. Any team, except maybe USD, could compete every week, not only inside the conference, but outside the conference as witnessed this year. Lennon was on that UND staff that followed NDSU around and recruited athletes that NDSU was after. Same thing happened in DII. During the NDSU run in the 1980's, USD stepped up, then UNC in the 1990's and UND shortly after, to play in championship games. I expect to see several MVFC teams, besides NDSU and ISUR to play in championships the next few years.

We recruited just fine before Lennon. The problem started when he got here. And thats a shame because most people here appreciate that he runs a clean program academically and most of his kids are good citizens and his recruiting has gotten marginally better and he made some necessary changes to his staff. But he has had four or five seasons to get up speed and its time to make some noise or move on.

344Johnson
December 23rd, 2014, 12:09 PM

Grew up in a military family. I treat them the exact same as I would treat a teacher or a CEO. Never have bowed before a veteran and never will.

Regardless, your opinion means about as much as a toddlers considering where you went to college.

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2014, 12:18 PM
Grew up in a military family. I treat them the exact same as I would treat a teacher or a CEO. Never have bowed before a veteran and never will.

Regardless, your opinion means about as much as a toddlers considering where you went to college.

Haha....that's a fight you won't win there shooter....NDSU didn't even have a ****ing accredited business program when I enrolled at JC.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/jamestown-college-2990

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/north-dakota-state-9265

It's really comparing apples/oranges, but it sure looks like NDSU has a much higher acceptance rate than my alma mater? Weird....

344Johnson
December 23rd, 2014, 12:26 PM
Haha....that's a fight you won't win there shooter....NDSU didn't even have a ****ing accredited business program when I enrolled at JC.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/jamestown-college-2990

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/north-dakota-state-9265

It's really comparing apples/oranges, but it sure looks like NDSU has a much higher acceptance rate than my alma mater? Weird....

Weird. My old man is a CEO with his unaccredited business degree. Jamestown College is a joke, was a joke, and always will be...a joke. It is simply a place that has only stayed open because of townies who can't hack it at NDSU/UND and go home.... And kids who can't accept that high school sports are over and want to play in front of family and friends for four more years.

No_Skill
December 23rd, 2014, 12:28 PM

I have friends who went to "big time" universities and one thing we've learned is that knowledge is knowledge no matter where it comes from. They don't teach a different version of thermal dynamics at Notre Dame than at NDSU. It is on the student to learn and apply that knowledge. Brand recognition can only take you so far.

PantherRob82
December 23rd, 2014, 12:28 PM
Omg. STFU. None cares where any of you went to college or what your dad's do. Take it to PM if you want to measure each others' dicks. xrolleyesx

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2014, 12:33 PM
Weird. My old man is a CEO with his unaccredited business degree. Jamestown College is a joke, was a joke, and always will be...a joke. It is simply a place that has only stayed open because of townies who can't hack it at NDSU/UND and go home.... And kids who can't accept that high school sports are over and want to play in front of family and friends for four more years.

*deleting thread drift*....I don't know why I even get sucked in by 344....**** him.

344Johnson
December 23rd, 2014, 12:33 PM
Omg. STFU. None cares where any of you went to college or what your dad's do. Take it to PM if you want to measure each others' dicks. xrolleyesx

i don't need to measure his based on where he went to school.

Sycamore62
December 23rd, 2014, 12:34 PM
***awkwardly interrupts

Uh, so. Yeah. The MVFC is really good. Pretty much better than multiple lower level FBS conferences. Cool building projects going on lots of places; lots to be proud of.

Also want to take this opportunity to share my experience from the SDSU-Montana State game. We were on the fringe of the SDSU section and 4 MSU fans were standing behind me. After Zenner scored his first touchdown this is the conversation I heard from two Montana State fans:

"Are these guys suppose to be good?"
"I don't know."
"Where are they in conference?"
"They aren't in our conference"
"Why are we playing them?"
"This is a playoff game."
"Really? I didn't know that."

It was hilarious.

Its not that I dont believe this story but I find it odd that a person who would refer to a conference wouldn't be aware the playoffs were happening.

344Johnson
December 23rd, 2014, 12:37 PM
This post has the stench of someone that grew up in Jamestown and didn't like that little private school up on the hill........what are your plans after school with your NDSU degree (that you have openly stated you might as well wipe your ass with it)? Plan on moving back to Jamestown to join your HS townie friends? xlolx

The plan is to hope to God that someone somewhere is silly enough to think ndsu has educated me well.... Even though our professors openly joke about at our curriculum.
I'm not going home after I graduate.

BisonFan02
December 23rd, 2014, 12:47 PM
Smack thread started....

UAH, could you move the non-topic **** out of here or just throw it in the dumpster? My bad for even getting sucked in.

mmiller_34
December 23rd, 2014, 12:55 PM
Its not that I dont believe this story but I find it odd that a person who would refer to a conference wouldn't be aware the playoffs were happening.

That is what made it so weird.

DoubleE
December 24th, 2014, 03:06 PM
odd

ValleyTalk
December 26th, 2014, 10:02 PM
OT: Here is a 27 minute highlight tape from the 1991 YSU Division 1-AA National Championship season! Plenty of current and former FCS foes on the tape. I think many will enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ylokGzlm0c

citdog
December 27th, 2014, 12:21 AM
OT: Here is a 27 minute highlight tape from the 1991 YSU Division 1-AA National Championship season! Plenty of current and former FCS foes on the tape. I think many will enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ylokGzlm0c

Why would anyone want to watch cheaters?

Kemo
December 27th, 2014, 12:24 PM

To shame them?

Sycamore62
December 27th, 2014, 01:02 PM

Yeah, if we wanted to do that we'd be on a FBS site

or even watching a bowl game

Vitojr130
December 27th, 2014, 11:38 PM

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0270118/

xthumbsupx

Daved
January 7th, 2015, 10:03 PM
To shame them?Right---especially someone from Montana where there team has always enjoyed a pristine reputation.At least Jack Rabbit fans can say they won all their National Titles fair and square--unlike those cheaters @ YSU.

344Johnson
January 8th, 2015, 08:02 AM
Right---especially someone from Montana where there team has always enjoyed a pristine reputation.At least Jack Rabbit fans can say they won all their National Titles fair and square--unlike those cheaters @ YSU.

Yes, the many titles the boys in brookings have accumulated.

mmiller_34
January 8th, 2015, 01:17 PM
Yes, the many titles the boys in brookings have accumulated.

he must be talking about, uh, our.... Future titles...of course.

344Johnson
January 8th, 2015, 03:51 PM
he must be talking about, uh, our.... Future titles...of course.

New stadium. New era of rabbit football ;)

centennial
January 8th, 2015, 07:20 PM
The MVFC finishes better than EVERY Go5 conference except MW Mountain(sagarin). Never has a FCS conference been ranked so high. If we look as MW as one conference the MVFC is the strongest non P5 conference.

penguinpower
January 10th, 2015, 03:28 PM
I think it is safe to say that the MVFC is not top heavy with NDSU. The top teams are nearly equal

srgrizizen
January 10th, 2015, 03:35 PM
I have friends who went to "big time" universities and one thing we've learned is that knowledge is knowledge no matter where it comes from. They don't teach a different version of thermal dynamics at Notre Dame than at NDSU. It is on the student to learn and apply that knowledge. Brand recognition can only take you so far.

You're ruining to totally inanity of this dispute by making so much sense! I always judge a University by the quality and achievement of the people who went there, never the quality of the people by where they went to school. xthumbsupx

Sycamore62
January 10th, 2015, 03:51 PM
I think it is safe to say that the MVFC is not top heavy with NDSU. The top teams are nearly equal

Transitive property says so

Twentysix
January 10th, 2015, 04:14 PM

In regards to undergraduate degrees you are certainly correct. However, you are way off base when it comes to graduate programs, schools with top programs ("Brand recognition") have way more to offer.

That being said, brand recognition certainly plays a role in the graduate admissions process at those top programs. So in a way, undergrad degrees brand recognition can be important too, depending on what you want out of life.

MR. CHICKEN
April 24th, 2015, 09:58 AM
20694......AHH!......HOME AT LAST.......DUH CHICKEN WENT TA PEORIA, ILLINOIS....TA VISIT...MAH DAUGHTER....GRAND-DAUGHTER....AN' SON-IN-LAW....(HE WAS OWN-LAH HOME DUH FIRST WEEK...AS HE TRAVELS..FO' CATERPILLERAH)...TOOK HIM 3 CASES UH....DOGFISH HEAD.....AS HE CAN OWN-LAH GET IT IN CHICAGO....HENRIETTAH/MR. CHICKEN SPENT TWO WEEKS.......AH'M CORNFIELDED....AN' ROAD CONSTRUCTED OUT.....900 MILES....EACH WAY...HAD UH GREAT TIME.....SAW PEORIA CHIEFS...BEAT WISCONSIN 15-4...ON OPENIN' NIGHT......JES' WANTED TA LET DUH "VALLEY BOYS"....KNOW WE DROVE PAST HANCOCK STADIUM......NICE LOOKIN' PIGGY YARD...RIGHT DOWN MAIN STREET UH TOWN......NORMAL/BLOOMINGTON.....WE WERE THERE TA TAKE GRAND-DAUGHTER (3YRS).....TA CHILDRENS PLAY MUSEUM....NEXT TA DUH TRAIN DEPOT....HAD [email protected] THINK.......BOUGHT UH ILLINOIS STATE TEE.....MIGHT SHOW IT [email protected] BLUEBIRDS....SPRING GAME....MAY 2nd......MAYBEAH...IT'LL WAKE-UP DUH HENS...DIS SEASON.......ANY-WHO.....WANTED TA LET YA'S...KNOW.........DROPPED UH FEW BLUE 'N YELLAH FEATHERAHS...&.....ECONOMY IMPROVIN' DUCATS.....OUT DERE.....IN DUH CORN BELT........:)....AWK!

SENT FROM MAH COMPUTER.....HAL

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 26th, 2015, 06:57 AM
Good luck to the other MV defenses in '15. Huge task to stop this version of the Bison offense.

WTFCollegefootballfan
April 26th, 2015, 02:50 PM
Good luck to the other MV defenses in '15. Huge task to stop this version of the Bison offense.
I agree. Good luck MVFC defenses. BISON offence is going to be really really good.

Professor Chaos
April 27th, 2015, 09:04 AM

I agree. Good luck MVFC defenses. BISON offence is going to be really really good.
NDSU's offense will be good but it won't be the only offense that'll keep MVFC DCs awake at night. Illinois St has the best offensive playmaker in the conference coming back along with a 2000+ yard RB.

clenz
April 27th, 2015, 09:19 AM
Since we're getting all kinds of worked up about spring game results...

UNI'S OFFENSE LOOKS AMAZING TOO! HOLY **** WERE PLAYS DYNAMIC AND EXCITING!

Yep...it's still just a damn spring game.

Professor Chaos
April 27th, 2015, 09:39 AM

You can downplay it from afar but this was a stark contrast to the defense dominated spring games of the past few years at NDSU. Part of that is inexperience on the defensive side of the ball for NDSU but I have confidence that this Bison offense will be the best they've fielded since they moved to D1. I thought that would be the case even before spring practice started going all the way back to when Zach Vraa announced he requested and got a medical redshirt the day after the NC game. Spring ball in general only seemed to confirm it.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 27th, 2015, 09:45 AM
You know? The only real down years NDSU had was when there was inconsistency at quarterback. To me, Easton Stick asserting himself is the biggest sign that NDSU isn't going anywhere soon.

BisonTru
April 27th, 2015, 10:05 AM

I'd have to agree. Hard to take too much from a spring game when a hand full of 1's don't suit up and a bunch more only play a series or two. I'd have to say the 2nd team QBs and WRs are certainly ahead of the 2nd team secondary. Does that mean we have some good QBs and WRs in reserve or depth issues in the secondary? Who knows, probably a little of both.

Any take -away's from UNI's game?
How's the QB battle?
Is that Rutger's kid winning the RB job?

mmiller_34
April 27th, 2015, 10:08 AM
SDSU's QBs are not good. OL not good either. Not good.

clenz
April 27th, 2015, 10:25 AM
I'd have to agree. Hard to take too much from a spring game when a hand full of 1's don't suit up and a bunch more only play a series or two. I'd have to say the 2nd team QBs and WRs are certainly ahead of the 2nd team secondary. Does that mean we have some good QBs and WRs in reserve or depth issues in the secondary? Who knows, probably a little of both.

Any take -away's from UNI's game?
How's the QB battle?
Is that Rutger's kid winning the RB job?
Here's proof the spring games don't mean much...

The top 2 QBs (Kollmorgen and Demos) didn't play. There was one QB that apparently looked REALLY good - Eli Dunne (rFr this coming year). I can't call him the heir apparent because the QB situation at UNI right now has 5 on campus and a couple more coming in this fall - including one of the top HS qbs in Illinois (won the POY) and an ex Fighting Illini starter Aaron Bailey. No idea what's going to happen there. Apparently Kollmorgen looked real good all spring (shocker...I know...smh) and Demos did as well (though didn't do contact this spring).

Right now it's 1. Kollmorgan 1A. Demos 2. Dunne 3. the rest.

Savon Huggins (the Rutgers transfer) apparently looked every bit the 5* recruit he was out of high school now that he's healthy again. He looks to be the #1 with Darrian Miller (the Kansas transfer from last year) clearly separated themselves as the top two.

There's a ton of just athletic ability/talent all over the field. It's finding where they fit with this new system. Remember our entire staff has changed - new OC (one old OC is now Missery State's problem the other is now the RB coach), new OL coach, new QB coach, new everything. That sounds like a bad thing, but it's a good thing actually. It sounds like the players are way more excited about this system than they have been in years.

The new system is very fast from a rate of plays stand point, which is a huge change from the burning 3 or 4 TOs per game because we couldn't get a play call in quick enough, and in a play style way. The old system was a lot of zone reads letting DJ pick his hole on the stretch, or PA deep balls, etc... this is a lot of dive, quick read option, tons of WR screens, slants, hitch routes, etc... Apparently there was a 35ish yard strike down to the 2 yard line and the next play was ran within 20 seconds in a completely different formation. Think Baylor/Oregon mixed with the attitude that TCU brings. Essentially watch TCU but run it at Oregon speed...that's the new system.

No idea what the results will be this year but once these athletes get slotted into rolls this could be a very scary offense (see ISUr and EWU) and this will be a fun team to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

SDSU's QBs are not good. OL not good either. Not good.
Lujan not looking great?

I know he isn't a star but should at least be above average for the Jacks, no?

mmiller_34
April 27th, 2015, 10:34 AM
Lujan not looking great?

I know he isn't a star but should at least be above average for the Jacks, no?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, should have clarified. He didn't play spring ball. Recovering from hip surgery.

clenz
April 27th, 2015, 10:48 AM
Lujan not looking great?

I know he isn't a star but should at least be above average for the Jacks, no?

Sorry, should have clarified. He didn't play spring ball. Recovering from hip surgery.[/QUOTE]
Ah.

Was not aware

The OL is still concerning though

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 27th, 2015, 12:01 PM

I didn't go to the NDSU spring game. My observations are that we have a ton of players coming back on the offensive side of the ball and it will be hard for defenses to slow this unit down in '15.

The only "worked up" I'll get is when NDSU lays a beat down on UNI this year.

xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 27th, 2015, 12:03 PM
NDSU's offense will be good but it won't be the only offense that'll keep MVFC DCs awake at night. Illinois St has the best offensive playmaker in the conference coming back along with a 2000+ yard RB.

Ill State will be very good. I think they need to replace 3 on the OL.

clenz
April 27th, 2015, 12:08 PM
I didn't go to the NDSU spring game. My observations are that we have a ton of players coming back on the offensive side of the ball and it will be hard for defenses to slow this unit down in '15.

The only "worked up" I'll get is when NDSU lays a beat down on UNI this year.

xnodx
Like last years beat down of a UNI team that was a couple games under .500 at that point?

Bisonoline
April 27th, 2015, 01:26 PM
Like last years beat down of a UNI team that was a couple games under .500 at that point?

Last year is last year. But I do agree. Spring game is just a spring game--but the format made it more interesting and actually let the kids strap it on a little more than just a regular practice. If anything I was more impressed with some of the noobs and our # 2 QB.

clenz
April 27th, 2015, 01:33 PM
I actually took the time to find some stats from the UNI spring game.

Eli Dunne 18-26 274 yards 4 TD 0 INT
Savon Huggins 8 carries 90 yards 1 TD 4 receptions 27 yards
Darrian Miller 8 carries 75 yards 1 TD 3 receptions 41 yards
Logan Cunningham 5 receptions 62 yards 2 TD
Marcus Weymiller 6 receptions 111 yards 2 TD
Matt Easley made a 53 yard field goal with about 5-7+ yards to spare (crossed the cross bar just over halfway up the posts)...oh and our AA kicker from last year is back too...kicker smack from spring ball bitches...suck on that.

Purple team (Huggins, Miller, Dunne, Cunningham, Weymiller, etc...) ran 39 plays in the first half
White team (mostly underclassmen?) ran 35
Running clock in second half.
Average those two together and assume this offense would have ran 75-80 plays if it was a real game. That's quite a few.

The defenses looked pretty good but the speed of the games got them. Farley noted that the pace got them as well...

"I'm watching their body language, and they're gassed," Farley said of his defense. "We've been doing this for four weeks, but once you put drives together, that's when it really takes effect and starts to affect your play.
"We can coach off that. We can show them on film how they didn't get lined up or how they didn't run to the ball. What I liked about it is we can learn from it."

If this can get the mistakes/misalignment/routes corrected it could be very dangerous.

centennial
April 27th, 2015, 01:40 PM
My prediction for the MVFC this season. Another meat grinder with all teams possessing playoff caliber.
1) NDSU
2) ISU-r
3) YSU
4) UNI
5) SDSU
6) WIU
7) SIU
8) ISU-b
9) MSU
10) SD

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 27th, 2015, 05:22 PM

I'll take a NC over a UNI win anytime.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 27th, 2015, 05:39 PM
I'll take a NC over a UNI win anytime.
Careful. He'll call you a douche and threaten to put you on ignore.

clenz
April 27th, 2015, 05:40 PM
Careful. He'll call you a douche and threaten to put you on ignore.
And douching it up again I see.

You have to be the most miserable 40 year old troll there was is. At least lakes has fun in his life.

mmiller_34
April 27th, 2015, 06:34 PM
My prediction for the MVFC this season. Another meat grinder with all teams possessing playoff caliber.
1) NDSU
2) ISU-r
3) YSU
4) UNI
5) SDSU
6) WIU
7) SIU
8) ISU-b
9) MSU
10) SD

I think this is about dead on. MSU could rise, we'll see how new coach handles things down there. How many teams does the MVFC get in the playoffs?

NoDak 4 Ever
April 27th, 2015, 06:46 PM

You have to be the most miserable 40 year old troll there was is. At least lakes has fun in his life.

NW and I have a lot of fun together. Of course, we have the same sense of humor.

NoDak 4 Ever
April 27th, 2015, 06:47 PM
I think this is about dead on. MSU could rise, we'll see how new coach handles things down there. How many teams does the MVFC get in the playoffs?

I'd guess 4 or 5. Especially with the MEAC gone, it opens up an at large if they keep the same #. I'm not sold on Pellini yet so I'm not going to give YSU a lot of credit for now.

BisonFan02
April 27th, 2015, 09:46 PM

bachelorette parties are annoying bro.... xlolx

AmsterBison
April 28th, 2015, 09:10 AM

Hard to say.

All I know is that the MVFC has made SDSU and NDSU better - and, hopefully, NDSU and SDSU have made the MVFC better. I'd guess that based on the MVFC's playoff dominance last year, that at least three will get in.

clenz
April 28th, 2015, 10:05 AM
I struggle to see MSU being a legit playoff team.

Their only offense last year was Harris, who is now gone.

The guy they have running the offense down there is the guy that drove UNI fans absolutely bat **** crazy the last decade.

MSU hasn't made the playoffs, regardless of coach, since the 1980s.

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 28th, 2015, 12:44 PM
1) NDSU
2) ISU-r
3) YSU
4) UNI
5) SDSU
6) WIU
7) SIU
8) ISU-b
9) MSU
10) SD

I don't think Missouri State, USD, or Ind State are playoff caliber this year. The other 7 definitely are IMO. Meat grinder is right!

unigriff
April 28th, 2015, 02:09 PM
IMO...be NDSU/ISUR/UNI gutting it out for the top spot again. I'll take UNI out of contention if 2013-2014 Kollmorgen is the starter. New offesnsive scheme should be interesting. A lot of intriguing things happened at the spring game. Shallow at WR will be a concern. Defense will be stout again.

Indiana fricking State...where do you get these linemen??? Man...6'8 380, 6'10 265, 6'7 320, 6'8 310, dang. DBs will be good for the Sycs, Cal transfer QB will interesting to watch. I think they could pull a couple upsets.

USD - puke, MSU - puke...i laugh in sympathy for their team and fanbase with their new OC, SIU...eh...still rebuilding, WIU..maybe..just maybe top half. SDSU post Zenner...be interesting to watch. YSU...they are who they are...come November, they'll blow it. NDSU...yea.

centennial
April 28th, 2015, 02:29 PM
I don't think Missouri State, USD, or Ind State are playoff caliber this year. The other 7 definitely are IMO. Meat grinder is right!
I am going to go with a hunch that all these team will be solid by FCS standards maybe even playoff caliber. Remember last year MVFC was something like 30-2 vs the rest of the FCS. USD- This may be Joe's last year if he has another stinker, Missouri State just hired Dave Steckel from the Mizzou, he was the associate head coach/ DC. Dale Lennon- This should be his last year as well if things don't go well.

clenz
April 28th, 2015, 02:50 PM
IMO...be NDSU/ISUR/UNI gutting it out for the top spot again. I'll take UNI out of contention if 2013-2014 Kollmorgen is the starter. New offesnsive scheme should be interesting. A lot of intriguing things happened at the spring game. Shallow at WR will be a concern. Defense will be stout again.

Indiana fricking State...where do you get these linemen??? Man...6'8 380, 6'10 265, 6'7 320, 6'8 310, dang. DBs will be good for the Sycs, Cal transfer QB will interesting to watch. I think they could pull a couple upsets.

USD - puke, MSU - puke...i laugh in sympathy for their team and fanbase with their new OC, SIU...eh...still rebuilding, WIU..maybe..just maybe top half. SDSU post Zenner...be interesting to watch. YSU...they are who they are...come November, they'll blow it. NDSU...yea.
You mean the 2013 Sawyer?

The 2013 Sawyer that completed 63% of his passes, had a 3:1 TD:INT and averaged over 200 yards per game despite missing 3.5 games with a concussion and playing 1.5 through the concussion Sawyer?
The same Sawyer, that despite only playing 9 games was still top 10 in the conference in total offense Sawyer?
The 2013 Sawyer that was 3rd in passing yards per game?
The same 2013 Sawyer that was 4th in the conference in passing efficiency?

Yeah, **** that Sawyer. Who the **** needs that Sawyer?

Oh...the 2014 Sawyer?
The one that was railroaded by the former offensive coaching staff Sawyer?
The Sawyer that threw for more yards, TDs, less INT, better efficiency, completed more passes in 7.5 games (7 starts and the second half of the ISU playoff game) than Brion...THE SAVIOR OF UNI FOOTBALL LAST SEASON...did in 12 games played and 7 starts?
The Sawyer that threw for 200 yards per game again?
The Sawyer that actually completed over 50% of passes?
The Sawyer that didn't get the benefit of handing the ball off to DJ 28 times per game like Brion (DJ only had 14 touches per game in Sawyer's starts)

Yeah...**** that Sawyer.

Jesus Christ, the absolute hate for Sawyer is just un****ing real from the UNI fan base. He would start at every MVFC school not named NDSU this year I would bet but he isn't ****ing good enough for UNI fans....but a guy with Tim Tebow NFL numbers is because "he can run...even though he runs less than 5 times her game" is.

AmsterBison
April 28th, 2015, 03:47 PM
YSU...they are who they are...come November, they'll blow it. NDSU...yea.

The Penguins turned away from recruiting Florida so much and returned to hitting Ohio and PA hard. That will pay off in the wintry part of the season. Unlike marshmallows, Penguins seemed to get softer and softer the colder it got.

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 28th, 2015, 06:53 PM

Sawyer is a good QB. If he plays up to his potential, he will take UNI to the playoffs this year. Kid got hosed last year IMO. His confidence to a huge hit. Hope he has a good summer and kicks butt in fall camp.

BisonFan02
April 28th, 2015, 09:29 PM

The 2013 Sawyer that completed 63% of his passes, had a 3:1 TD:INT and averaged over 200 yards per game despite missing 3.5 games with a concussion and playing 1.5 through the concussion Sawyer?
The same Sawyer, that despite only playing 9 games was still top 10 in the conference in total offense Sawyer?

Oh...the 2014 Sawyer?
The Sawyer that threw for more yards, TDs, less INT, better efficiency, completed more passes in 7.5 games (7 starts and the second half of the ISU playoff game) than Brion...THE SAVIOR OF UNI FOOTBALL LAST SEASON...did in 12 games played and 7 starts?
The Sawyer that didn't get the benefit of handing the ball off to DJ 28 times per game like Brion (DJ only had 14 touches per game in Sawyer's starts)

Yeah...**** that Sawyer.

Jesus Christ, the absolute hate for Sawyer is just un****ing real from the UNI fan base. He would start at every MVFC school not named NDSU this year I would bet but he isn't ****ing good enough for UNI fans....but a guy with Tim Tebow NFL numbers is because "he can run...even though he runs less than 5 times her game" is.

This....dude has really gotten a raw deal. Looks like he is very talented, but he has been really hung out to dry.

mmiller_34
April 28th, 2015, 11:08 PM
Kollmorgen would start at SDSU.

P.s. I'm so happy this thread is back

IBleedYellow
April 29th, 2015, 01:45 AM

Oh...the 2014 Sawyer?

Yeah...**** that Sawyer.

But Chad...Carnes could RUN! /s

If UNI lets Sawyer play to his full potential, this will be a rough season for the top teams of the Valley. If not, it could be a same old of the past four years.

clenz
April 29th, 2015, 09:16 AM
But Chad...Carnes could RUN! /s

If UNI lets Sawyer play to his full potential, this will be a rough season for the top teams of the Valley. If not, it could be a same old of the past four years.
I would like to see the QB situation play out this way (since we have about 300 on the roster).

1. Sawyer starts this year. I almost never say anything is "owed" to someone but he deserves it this year. It's his senior year and it's a brand new system for everyone involved.

leads to point 2

2. Give every single QB that's going to be back next year a redshirt/a full season and another spring to get the system down 100% and call this year a learning season (which if Sawyer is put in the right position will still be a pretty nice season).

Counterpoint to my second point is - Its Sawyers last year. Dalton Demos, Eli Dunn, the Illinois transfer, etc.. have all used a redshirt already and didn't sign here/transfer in to sit on the bench for a year or two. Get them game snaps to adjust to full speed and really be ready to go moving forward.

RabidRabbit
April 29th, 2015, 09:34 AM
IMHO (sitting in the big Easy)

NDSU/ISU-R duke it out with either 0 or 1 loss in conference. (They don't play again in 2015).
UNI/YSU/SDSU sit in their respective 5-3 or 4-4, and any of those with an FBS win or pinning a L on NDSU/ISU-R also into play-offs.
SIU/WIU a game behind the 3rd place group.
ISU-B ?? mystery team. They squeeked out a lot of tight games last season. But also got dominated by NDSU & SDSU.
MoState - New coach, weak program, take most of season to get rolling.
USD - The smallest school, newest program, in the least desireable community. Tough to come up. Lots of legacies to overcome in Vermillion.

AmsterBison
April 29th, 2015, 11:12 AM

Hey, when Bison fans feel down, all we have to do is sing this song:

Twelve shiny trophies, the two-fer on Game Day
Beating the big boys so bad that they won't play
All our phalanges loaded with rings
These are a few of our favorite things

Bison Fan in NW MN
April 30th, 2015, 06:30 AM
I know there are some Coyote fans on here.

Will Glenn call it quits if USD goes 0-8 in the conference again?

3-21 is not a good 3 year run in conference play....

clenz
April 30th, 2015, 07:31 AM
I know there are some Coyote fans on here.

Will Glenn call it quits if USD goes 0-8 in the conference again?

3-21 is not a good 3 year run in conference play....
All three wins came in one magical three week stretch too.

If USD wins more than 2 conference games this year I'll be extremely shocked.l Hell, if they get two I'll be surprised.

I think the absolute ceiling for them is a 3-5 or 4-4 mark 95% of years. Occasionally 5 or 6 wins once every 7 years or so. Basically what Misery State and WIU have been the last decade (3 for MSU.

It's all because of location. They have to try to recruit to Vermilion. Anyone that's ever been there understands how hard that is. They also are going to battle NDSU, SDSU and UNI for any Iowa, Minnesota or eastern SD players that are D1 quality. They aren't going to win that battle very often and almost never for land a player that NDSU, SDSU or UNI actually want pretty badly. That leaves them fighting with Northwest Missouri State, MSU-Mankato, Southwest Missouri State, Sioux Falls and Augustana. Those programs pull some pretty talented kids in, have longer histories of winning to use, and are all on equal or much better cities. I haven't looked at USDs roster this year but I'm willing to bet they have a larger, if not significantly more, playrrsbfrom outside the upper MW than the DSUs or UNI because they are forced out to get guys.

It's the same story as WIU:
Macomb, IL and fight with Illinois UNI, SIU, EIU, ISUr, ISUb,Upper Iowa, etc... for recruits.

Both will occasionally land recruits that others passed on for various reasons and they will be a great player (see Tyler Starr and not having the grades to get into a UNI...it's why UNI passed on him) or will find a diamond that they polish real nice ( Tom Compton). The issue is getting a roster FULL of that style player rather than a couple here or there.

mmiller_34
April 30th, 2015, 11:03 AM
All three wins came in one magical three week stretch too.

If USD wins more than 2 conference games this year I'll be extremely shocked.l Hell, if they get two I'll be surprised.

I think the absolute ceiling for them is a 3-5 or 4-4 mark 95% of years. Occasionally 5 or 6 wins once every 7 years or so. Basically what Misery State and WIU have been the last decade (3 for MSU.

It's all because of location. They have to try to recruit to Vermilion. Anyone that's ever been there understands how hard that is. They also are going to battle NDSU, SDSU and UNI for any Iowa, Minnesota or eastern SD players that are D1 quality. They aren't going to win that battle very often and almost never for land a player that NDSU, SDSU or UNI actually want pretty badly. That leaves them fighting with Northwest Missouri State, MSU-Mankato, Southwest Missouri State, Sioux Falls and Augustana. Those programs pull some pretty talented kids in, have longer histories of winning to use, and are all on equal or much better cities. I haven't looked at USDs roster this year but I'm willing to bet they have a larger, if not significantly more, playrrsbfrom outside the upper MW than the DSUs or UNI because they are forced out to get guys.

It's the same story as WIU:
Macomb, IL and fight with Illinois UNI, SIU, EIU, ISUr, ISUb,Upper Iowa, etc... for recruits.

Both will occasionally land recruits that others passed on for various reasons and they will be a great player (see Tyler Starr and not having the grades to get into a UNI...it's why UNI passed on him) or will find a diamond that they polish real nice ( Tom Compton). The issue is getting a roster FULL of that style player rather than a couple here or there.

Perfectly explains the dynamics in the upper midwest in terms of football recruiting. It has been fun being an SDSU fan. Some general commentary I've heard from USD fans over the D-I:

1. 2006 "UND is going D-I, so we will too. Also since we were always the best in South Dakota and SDSU is doing good. We'll be that much better. I mean, we have the DakotaDome"
2. 2007 "McNeese is a good FCS team and we were only down 21-7 at halftime! Good things to come."
3. 2008 "We almost beat UNI & SELA! We would have been 8-3 had we done that! (played 5 D-II teams)
4. 2009 "Would have been 7-3 had we beat Montana State and UC Davis in OT!"
5. 2010 "It doesn't matter that we ended the season 4-7, we still beat Minnesota. SDSU didn't do that!"
6. 2011 "We beat #1 EWU!!! Ended 6-5!! Only down 10 in the first quarter to Wisconsin! Look out SDSU, the MVFC is not that much better than the Great West!"
7. 2012 "****. New coach though."
8. 2013 "4-7. Progress! We took everyone down to the wire and beat UNI, ISU (b), and MSU! Next year baby!!"
9. 2014 "****. The DakotaDome does suck."

NoDak 4 Ever
April 30th, 2015, 11:11 AM
Last year was my first time in the DakotaDome. Holy **** that place sucks.

clenz
April 30th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Perfectly explains the dynamics in the upper midwest in terms of football recruiting. It has been fun being an SDSU fan. Some general commentary I've heard from USD fans over the D-I:

1. 2006 "UND is going D-I, so we will too. Also since we were always the best in South Dakota and SDSU is doing good. We'll be that much better. I mean, we have the DakotaDome"
2. 2007 "McNeese is a good FCS team and we were only down 21-7 at halftime! Good things to come."
3. 2008 "We almost beat UNI & SELA! We would have been 8-3 had we done that! (played 5 D-II teams)
4. 2009 "Would have been 7-3 had we beat Montana State and UC Davis in OT!"
5. 2010 "It doesn't matter that we ended the season 4-7, we still beat Minnesota. SDSU didn't do that!"
6. 2011 "We beat #1 EWU!!! Ended 6-5!! Only down 10 in the first quarter to Wisconsin! Look out SDSU, the MVFC is not that much better than the Great West!"
7. 2012 "****. New coach though."
8. 2013 "4-7. Progress! We took everyone down to the wire and beat UNI, ISU (b), and MSU! Next year baby!!"
9. 2014 "****. The DakotaDome does suck."
It's about time for Yote58 to show back up and start talking about USD being a top 3 team again isn't it?

The reality for USD is they are going to get the left overs form UNI, SDSU, NDSU (who are already fighting with Iowa State, Kansas, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Wyoming, plus other FCS programs for recruits) and really struggle to steal guys away from D2/NAIA powers like USF, Augustana, NWMOST, MSU-Mankato, etc... It's just really, really, tough to draw anyone to Vermilion that's been there. I read a while back that USD was having more luck signing kids from outside the area that had never stepped foot on campus than guys that were from the area and had been on campus visits. Is that true? I don't know but I would believe it. Doing a breakdown of their roster that's pretty clear as well

91 players currently listed and of them come from outside of SD, MN, ND, IA and NE (which is what I could consider the "heart" of recruiting territory for USD and SDSU). They have more players from California, Florida, Kansas, Illinois, Oklahoma and Wyoming than they do Minnesota. I looked at most of the 17 kids they have from Iowa - none of them appear to have had a standing offer from UNI on signing day.

The reality is "if you can't win your state in recruiting you aren't going to win" Well, in this part of the the US and in FCS football it's "If you can't win your region you aren't going to win". USD is being forced out of the upper-Midwest recruiting. They are now getting left overs of left overs in the upper midwest and are fighting for leftovers or leftovers of leftovers in kids who have never been to Vermillion from halfway across the country.

USD has a very low ceiling, IMO. It's part of the reason I didn't like that add from the start