PDA

View Full Version : The MVFC...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

clenz
October 15th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Agreed, YSU has the worst head coach in the league and honestly I don't think it is close between him and the next worse.
Remember when he was hired and the ysu fans couldn't stop talking about how awesome he was?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

FargoBison
October 15th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Remember when he was hired and the ysu fans couldn't stop talking about how awesome he was?

Yeah he was going to be their savior. It reminds me of Gopher fans and Tim Brewster.

Houndawg
October 15th, 2014, 09:10 PM
IMO, SIU is in this year. 5-2 right now with these coming up:

YSU
Ind State
MSU
UNI
Ill State

SIU wins at least 3 on them IMO. SIU has some talent and they play good defense. I think SDSU is left out this year with that D3 game they played....not much wiggle room for them. UNI could also.

SIU is 4-2, Taylor doesn't count; shaves the margin a little. Seems counterintuitive but its the Trees and MSU that scare me the most of those five, UNI is the best team but they don't have anybody who has ever won in Carbondale and its in their heads by now. I'm not sold on ISU or YSU yet.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2014, 09:46 PM
SIU is 4-2, Taylor doesn't count; shaves the margin a little. Seems counterintuitive but its the Trees and MSU that scare me the most of those five, UNI is the best team but they don't have anybody who has ever won in Carbondale and its in their heads by now. I'm not sold on ISU or YSU yet.

Yes true but I think Lennon has this team ready this year. The Bison played a great game but SIU is still a very good team. His 3-4 defense is better this year with him running it. Your OC called some head scratching plays but SIU is very talented this year. Your TE is NFL material.

penguinpower
October 16th, 2014, 06:19 AM

I've never touted this guy. He was an unknown to me but others knew who he was because he went to one of the local Catholic schools. I had never heard of him. What I heard is that he can recruit. That is his skill set I'll give him that. Outside of that he cannot use the talent that he recruits and he knows absolutely nothing about defense. Nothing. It is like yea we have to have that? And he also acts like some macho guy. I thinking this will be his last year.

YSU will be an unknown the entire year because if the players come to play and the game plan hits the right number in the roulette wheel they can beat anyone, however if the game plan hits the wrong number the will be blown out.

Houndawg
October 16th, 2014, 06:31 AM
Yes true but I think Lennon has this team ready this year. The Bison played a great game but SIU is still a very good team. His 3-4 defense is better this year with him running it. Your OC called some head scratching plays but SIU is very talented this year. Your TE is NFL material.

Just refer to "the call". All Saluki fans will know you're talking about the flea flicker. Trick plays have their place, but that wasn't it.

Bisonator
October 16th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Just refer to "the call". All Saluki fans will know you're talking about the flea flicker. Trick plays have their place, but that wasn't it.

Not to mention the statue of liberty on the very next play!xlolx

Sycamore62
October 16th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Not to mention the statue of liberty on the very next play!xlolx

was the Hook and Ladder 3rd down?

SIUSalukiFan
October 16th, 2014, 11:35 AM
C'MON MAN...........IT'S DEY'RE FAULT FO' NOT WINNIN'...LEAST ONE O' 'EM......&...TWO O' DUH THREE WERE HOME......NOW NO SHAME DROPPIN'....'GUINN PLOPS...ON NORFF DAKOTA STATE......BUT YOUNGSTOWN..... SHUDDAH PINNED DUH EARS...ON DUH '[email protected] PALACE...............AWK!

You really make me laugh with your posting style. :)

SIUSalukiFan
October 16th, 2014, 11:37 AM
We're any of the 23 any good?

I know SIU beat an OVC team that thumped you guys by 28 last year.

MR. CHICKEN
October 16th, 2014, 11:47 AM
You really make me laugh with your posting style. :)

xhugxxhandshakexxhugx...........BRAWK!

SIUSalukiFan
October 16th, 2014, 11:49 AM

Quite frankly, I don't know how you do it post after post after post. Keep up the good work!

Cocky
October 16th, 2014, 11:51 AM
I know SIU beat an OVC team that thumped you guys by 28 last year.
Didn't SIU lose to them last year? This year's team at EIU is a little different than last year's. Last year they had a pretty good QB and WR. This year they have won one game so you do have some company.

Mattymc727
October 16th, 2014, 11:51 AM

Mr. Chicken,

Are you Mr. Chicken as a result of being a Hen fan? Or are you a hen fan because you are Mr. Chicken? Are you really a chicken? Is there a Mrs. hen? I always thought hens were female chickens? Does that make the Blue hens a bunch of girls?

MR. CHICKEN
October 16th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Mr. Chicken,

Are you Mr. Chicken as a result of being a Hen fan? Or are you a hen fan because you are Mr. Chicken? Are you really a chicken? Is there a Mrs. hen? I always thought hens were female chickens? Does that make the Blue hens a bunch of girls?

19872......READ UP...SYRUP BREATH.......AN' FURTHERAH....YER LIFE'S EDUCATION......xnodx....BRAWK!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delaware_Blue_Hen

rokamortis
October 16th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Quite frankly, I don't know how you do it post after post after post. Keep up the good work!

I was admiring his dedication to remaining in character the other day.

dewey
October 16th, 2014, 12:44 PM
I always love reading the Mr. Chicken posts. It normally takes me a few seconds to follow exactly but it is always good stuff.

BTW... I always enjoyed your fights with Peter Griffin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpoki4wBwtA

Dewey

SIUSalukiFan
October 16th, 2014, 01:18 PM

Wonder if he has some English-to-Chicken translation program. xlolx

UNIFanSince1983
October 16th, 2014, 01:20 PM

He has 18,400 posts! That is crazy!!

MR. CHICKEN
October 16th, 2014, 01:25 PM
19873..............FLATTERAH...WILL GET YA'S EVERAH-WHERE........BUT LET'S GET BACK...TA BREAKIN'...STONES........xrotatehx....AWK!

ysubigred
October 16th, 2014, 02:06 PM
Yeah he was going to be their savior. It reminds me of Gopher fans and Tim Brewster.

Find one post where I said that xpopcornx

clenz
October 16th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Find one post where I said that xpopcornx
YSU fans are in denial now.

When it was fired hired it was non stop how he was going to open the amazing recruiting lines to the Southeast, specifically Florida, have the best talent in the league, best coach, etc...

That happened.

ysubigred
October 16th, 2014, 02:09 PM
YSU has a lot of talent. Bad, bad coaching. Bad. Really really bad. Fundamentally unsound. Painful to watch

I'm still waiting on all this talent?? Looks like a bunch of ****ing guys running around the field lost...xcoffeex

ysubigred
October 16th, 2014, 02:11 PM
YSU fans are in denial now.

When it was fired hired it was non stop how he was going to open the amazing recruiting lines to the Southeast, specifically Florida, have the best talent in the league, best coach, etc...

That happened.

Please say... YSU fans except ysubigred.. xthumbsupx
Thank you... Carry on xsalutex

Sycamore62
October 16th, 2014, 02:40 PM
I'm still waiting on all this tallent?? Looks like a bunch of ****ing guys running around the field lost...xcoffeex

Ya but look at talented they are running around the field lost.

ysubigred
October 16th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Ya but look at talented they are running around the field lost.

Yes sir.. Your team looks great xdrunkyx

Sycamore62
October 16th, 2014, 02:48 PM
Yes sir.. Your team looks great xdrunkyx

i know you are but what am I.

I hope everyone is old enough to understand this.

skinny_uncle
October 16th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Wonder if he has some English-to-Chicken translation program. xlolx

Just please don't ask him why he crossed the road.

FargoBison
October 17th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Bumping this thread with this week's TV/ESPN3 games....

South Dakota at Missouri State 2 p.m. ESPN3/ESPN Game Plan
Indiana State at North Dakota State 2:30 NBC ND/ESPN3/ESPN Game Plan
Southern Illinois at Youngstown State 3 p.m. ESPN3
South Dakota State at Northern Iowa 4 p.m. Comcast Sports Net Chicago(Direct TV Channel 665)

ST_Lawson
October 17th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Our game with Illinois State is no longer listed as being shown on an ESPN stream, nor is it listed on the WatchESPN page.
It was early in the week, but they removed it sometime around Tuesday or Wednesday.
I don't know for sure, but I'm about 90% sure it's not going to be on ESPN3.

FargoBison
October 17th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Our game with Illinois State is no longer listed as being shown on an ESPN stream, nor is it listed on the WatchESPN page.
It was early in the week, but they removed it sometime around Tuesday or Wednesday.
I don't know for sure, but I'm about 90% sure it's not going to be on ESPN3.

I see that after going to the ESPN3 section, wish ESPN would update that on the scoreboard page since it still says ESPN3 there.

semobison
October 17th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Bumping this thread with this week's TV/ESPN3 games....

South Dakota at Missouri State 2 p.m. ESPN3/ESPN Game Plan
Indiana State at North Dakota State 2:30 NBC ND/ESPN3/ESPN Game Plan
Southern Illinois at Youngstown State 3 p.m. ESPN3
South Dakota State at Northern Iowa 4 p.m. Comcast Sports Net Chicago(Direct TV Channel 665)

And the Birds at the Necks! Damn, another great weekend of games in the Valley. I'm glad I am not trying to make a living picking MVFC games this season!

Bison56
October 17th, 2014, 07:00 PM
And the Birds at the Necks! Damn, another great weekend of games in the Valley. I'm glad I am not trying to make a living picking MVFC games this season!

I would say every week will be great in the Valley this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 17th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Missouri State
NDSU
SIU
UNI

underdawg
October 17th, 2014, 11:06 PM
Missouri State
NDSU
SIU
UNI

Hope you are right about my Saluki-pups but I don't trust them yet.

Houndawg
October 17th, 2014, 11:19 PM

Bottom line - we still haven't beaten anybody...

skinny_uncle
October 17th, 2014, 11:22 PM

We have beaten two Valley teams which more than any other FCS team outside the Valley has done.

UNIFanSince1983
October 17th, 2014, 11:29 PM

Same story with us Panthers.

skinny_uncle
October 17th, 2014, 11:49 PM
Same story with us Panthers.

Love your name. 1983 was a good year for us.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2014, 07:36 AM

From what I saw last Saturday, SIU is a good team. They will win today. I know it is tough to win on the road but that SIU defense is fast and athletic. The Bison were better that day.

From watching last year's SIU/NDSU game on TV to seeing SIU in person last week, there is more of a "confidence" in the defense IMO. Lennon was a very good DC and he made the Bison look bad many times in the D2 days. Yes, that was year's ago but I saw that "swagger" last week.

I really enjoy watching Lennon call a game. You never know where that 4th or 5th rusher is coming from. If the Saluki offense gets a little more consistent with their drives to keep the defense more rested, they will be scary.

IMO, this is a huge game for SIU, much bigger than last week. Can they go on the road again and win at a traditionally tough place to play?

SIU wins today IMO. Lennon's defense will give Perish all kinds of trouble in the Ind State game. UNI has a hard time in Carbondale and I also see a win at MSU. Ill State will be tough on the road but all games are winnable IMO.

IMO, SIU ends up 10-2 or 9-3.

semobison
October 18th, 2014, 08:53 AM
Missouri State
NDSU
SIU
UNI

What about ISUr at WIU? I would not be surprised to see the Necks win this one. It is their 3rd game in a row against a top 10 team, they won one, played us tough and are at home!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2014, 09:05 AM
What about ISUr at WIU? I would not be surprised to see the Necks win this one. It is their 3rd game in a row against a top 10 team, they won one, played us tough and are at home!

oops!

I think WIU wins this in a close one.

Houndawg
October 18th, 2014, 09:07 AM
From what I saw last Saturday, SIU is a good team. They will win today. I know it is tough to win on the road but that SIU defense is fast and athletic. The Bison were better that day.

From watching last year's SIU/NDSU game on TV to seeing SIU in person last week, there is more of a "confidence" in the defense IMO. Lennon was a very good DC and he made the Bison look bad many times in the D2 days. Yes, that was year's ago but I saw that "swagger" last week.

I really enjoy watching Lennon call a game. You never know where that 4th or 5th rusher is coming from. If the Saluki offense gets a little more consistent with their drives to keep the defense more rested, they will be scary.

IMO, this is a huge game for SIU, much bigger than last week. Can they go on the road again and win at a traditionally tough place to play?

SIU wins today IMO. Lennon's defense will give Perish all kinds of trouble in the Ind State game. UNI has a hard time in Carbondale and I also see a win at MSU. Ill State will be tough on the road but all games are winnable IMO.

IMO, SIU ends up 10-2 or 9-3.

This is our key to beating NDSU.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if we drop the one at MSU and win at ISU.

Houndawg
October 18th, 2014, 09:08 AM
oops!

I think WIU wins this in a close one.

I think so too.

ValleyTalk
October 18th, 2014, 11:04 AM
Missouri State over South Dakota: 24-17 - Bears have been close the past 2 weeks, but I think today they finally get over the hump.
Western Illinois over Illinois State: 24-21 - WIU is better than their record indicates. Norvelle is a scrappy QB and Baker is a very solid RB. ILSU is for real, but WIU will deliver their first loss.
Youngstown State over Southern Illinois: 20-17 - Lake effect rain will soon be ending, but it will be very windy and still a chance of rain during the game. Should slow down the offenses. Must win for Coach Wolford.
Northern Iowa over South Dakota State 28-24 - The mess continues in the MVFC.

I would not be at all surprised if I go 2-2 this week.

Houndawg
October 18th, 2014, 11:08 AM
Missouri State over South Dakota: 24-17 - Bears have been close the past 2 weeks, but I think today they finally get over the hump.
Western Illinois over Illinois State: 24-21 - WIU is better than their record indicates. Norvelle is a scrappy QB and Baker is a very solid RB. ILSU is for real, but WIU will deliver their first loss.
Youngstown State over Southern Illinois: 20-17 - Lake effect rain will soon be ending, but it will be very windy and still a chance of rain during the game. Should slow down the offenses. Must win for Coach Wolford.

You'll be 3-1.;)

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 11:38 AM

You don't want to make a call on Indiana State and NDSU?

ValleyTalk
October 18th, 2014, 12:02 PM
You don't want to make a call on Indiana State and NDSU?
Dur Dur Durrrr....

NDSU 17
INSU 14

NDSUSR
October 18th, 2014, 12:34 PM

I expect the exact opposite result for each of these games.

Houndawg
October 18th, 2014, 01:08 PM

you could easily be 4-0 or 0-4..

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 01:32 PM

I completely agree. All opposite.

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Wtf is going on?

- - - Updated - - -

Another crazy week

MSUDuo
October 18th, 2014, 04:32 PM
This league is just bat crap crazy...

NDSUSR
October 18th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Yeah, my picks suck today. At least I called the beat down of the trees.

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 05:31 PM
So is today the reason the MVFC gets 2 teams in?

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 05:33 PM
So is today the reason the MVFC gets 2 teams in?
Yes

The league is way too deep.

I said that a long time ago

centennial
October 18th, 2014, 05:50 PM
But 23-1 vs FCS.

clenz
October 18th, 2014, 06:00 PM
But 23-1 vs FCS.
Won't matter.

The league will beat each others records up and it won't matter

Vitojr130
October 18th, 2014, 06:01 PM
But 23-1 vs FCS.

It won't matter. We'll get 2 in and the BSC will get 4 in because Montana played us "close" and beat USD. You'll see

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 18th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Won't matter.

Someone has to prove they can hang with NDSU. Until someone does what difference does it make if the MVFC gets one team or five teams in? They're all playing for second place in their own conference anyway it appears....

Sycamore62
October 18th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Our teams will get left out due to quantative stats

others will get in because of feelings

- - - Updated - - -

Someone has to prove they can hang with NDSU. Until someone does what difference does it make if the MVFC gets one team or five teams in? They're all playing for second place in their own conference anyway it appears....

Seems like the country has been playing for 2nd

Nova09
October 18th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Somehow everything today is affirming y predictions and yet due to the fact that there will somehow someway be 13 at larges I feel like mvfc is in better position than I anticipated

skinny_uncle
October 18th, 2014, 06:14 PM
Won't matter.

We probably have 8 teams go 4-4 in the league and the Bison is the only one going.
http://www.salukination.net/images/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif

semobison
October 18th, 2014, 06:19 PM
We probably have 8 teams go 4-4 in the league and the Bison is the only one going.
http://www.salukination.net/images/smilies/icon_e_sad.gif

Bison went 4-4 in the Valley in 2010, got in the playoffs and won a couple of games. Things would have been even crazier but the Redbirds scored 24 in the 4th qtr and beat the leathernecks by 3!

Thumper 76
October 18th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Our teams will get left out due to quantative stats

others will get in because of feelings

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like the country has been playing for 2nd

Or because it makes the bracket look more interesting with exotic names on it so it has a "nation wide" feel.

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Or because it makes the bracket look more interesting with exotic names on it so it has a "nation wide" feel.

YSU beat a physical team today in dominating fashion (statisticalay that is) Your thoughts?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 18th, 2014, 08:03 PM
YSU beat a physical team today in dominating fashion (statisticalay that is) Your thoughts?

Kudos to YSU, I thought SIU was going to win.

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 08:12 PM

Good win for the penguins this week. Coming to Brookings next weekend? Its.. HOBO DAY!!!!

Lehigh'98
October 18th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Ranking the MVFC thus far:
1. NDSU - until proven they can be beaten, which is looking less likely.
2. ISUr - Some real nice road wins.
3a. YSU
3b. ISUb
5. SDSU - Bounceback win Keeps them alive.
6. SIU - Starting to fade.
7. WIU - Losing tough is still losing
8. UNI - No quality wins, but at least they had a great preseason on AGS.
9. SD - only team that seems out of their depth.

penguinpower
October 18th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Good win for the penguins this week. Coming to Brookings next weekend? Its.. HOBO DAY!!!!
YSU never wins on Hobo day

DoubleE
October 18th, 2014, 08:47 PM
YSU never wins on Hobo day

ok....... what is hobo day ?

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 08:50 PM
ok....... what is hobo day ?

Our homecoming.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobo_Day

Drblankstare
October 18th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Our homecoming.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobo_Day

It's also a day you want to avoid tequila, I speak from experience:D

mmiller_34
October 18th, 2014, 08:54 PM
It's also a day you want to avoid tequila, I speak from experience:D

Haha, yes. Big alcohol drinking day in Brookings.

Mr. C
October 18th, 2014, 09:03 PM
If you ever took a peek at the Sunbelt boards you would think they're neck and neck with the SEC.
I've seen some pretty bad Sun Belt football in person and on my computer this season.

centennial
October 18th, 2014, 09:28 PM
I've seen some pretty bad Sun Belt football in person and on my computer this season.
Sun Belt is 3rd strongest FCS league. They are just that good.

MSUDuo
October 18th, 2014, 10:31 PM
Ranking the MVFC thus far:
1. NDSU - until proven they can be beaten, which is looking less likely.
2. ISUr - Some real nice road wins.
3a. YSU
3b. ISUb
5. SDSU - Bounceback win Keeps them alive.
6. SIU - Starting to fade.
7. WIU - Losing tough is still losing
8. UNI - No quality wins, but at least they had a great preseason on AGS.
9. SD - only team that seems out of their depth.
MO State football. So bad that people just ****ing forget about it.

BisoNick
October 18th, 2014, 10:48 PM
MO State football. So bad that people just ****ing forget about it.

This made me laugh harder than it should have. No offense.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 19th, 2014, 12:30 AM

I just think other teams should get a shot at NDSU if no one from the MVFC can beat them. I'm not saying someone from the CAA, Big Sky, SLC etc. will, but those teams have yet to prove they can't this year at least...

From an outsider's perspective, two BSC teams, Weber State and Montana, have given the Bison a better game than the "contenders" in the MVFC so far. WIU played a great game against the Bison but they seem pretty far on the outside looking in right now....

Hammerhead
October 19th, 2014, 01:06 AM
Illinois State doesn't play NDSU in the regular season this year and are also undefeated.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 19th, 2014, 01:24 AM
Illinois State doesn't play NDSU in the regular season this year and are also undefeated.

It's a shame that some of the these leagues are too big for their own good. UNH-'Nova don't play in the CAA either which stinks. Then you have EWU-Montana State playing a non-conference game. Irks me...

Illinois State will have an opportunity to prove themselves down the stretch. I'll be very surprised if they make it through unscathed given their escapes the last two weeks. If they do, or even finish with one loss, they'll likely get a seed which should give them a chance to make a run at NDSU.....

Houndawg
October 19th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Kudos to YSU, I thought SIU was going to win.

Agnew left the game in the first qtr.xbawlingx with an 8 ypc avg. Offense didn't do much after that, his back up was dinged too.

Thumper 76
October 19th, 2014, 08:21 AM

Big props to YSU. My initial thoughts are that State just got a W in a place they are always awful at and hadn't won in since coming to FCS. It was ugly but I'll take it. It's going to be Hobo Day so I think SDSU plays much better (hopefully). Should be good one!

penguinpower
October 19th, 2014, 08:48 AM
The SDSU catch on the sideline vs UNI made college GameDay final

Nova09
October 19th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Playoff Outlook:

NDSU--Lock
ISUr--Lock

SDSU/ISUb/YSU--3 team round robin for 3rd: if anyone goes 2-0, they get 2nd at-large, whichever went 1-1 probably gets 3rd, other out; if all go 1-1, all gonna be sweating although the lack of quality around the country and the need for 13 at-larges could lead to all making it

SIU--Work cut out for them, I don't expect them to make it

Others--don't see any playoff contenders

semobison
October 19th, 2014, 09:47 AM
I just think other teams should get a shot at NDSU if no one from the MVFC can beat them. I'm not saying someone from the CAA, Big Sky, SLC etc. will, but those teams have yet to prove they can't this year at least...

From an outsider's perspective, two BSC teams, Weber State and Montana, have given the Bison a better game than the "contenders" in the MVFC so far. WIU played a great game against the Bison but they seem pretty far on the outside looking in right now....

Look at WIU's last 3 weeks;
Lost 17-10 to #1 NDSU
Win 34-24 to #10 YSU
Lose 34-37 to #9 ISUr

That is what you face in conference play week in, week out! From teams 2 through 9 they are all are very good and very evenly matched.

As far as how teams have been playing the Bison. WIU gave us fits, SIU was closer than the score indicates and ISUb was not nearly as close as the final score. I hope we get at least 4 teams in the playoffs, They would all be deserving!

penguinpower
October 19th, 2014, 10:03 AM
I think the Penguins have a chance to upset the Bison this year. They are playing way more physical than they have since Wolford was hired. YSU also appears to be deep on the roster. They just can't shoot themselves in the foot, which is what they've done in their loses. Very young team. If they put it together I believe they can beat the Bison

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2014, 10:10 AM
I think the Penguins have a chance to upset the Bison this year. They are playing way more physical than they have since Wolford was hired. YSU also appears to be deep on the roster. They just can't shoot themselves in the foot, which is what they've done in their loses. Very young team. If they put it together I believe they can beat the Bison

If we don't bring anything, then sure. If we play a normal game, you won't have a chance.

penguinpower
October 19th, 2014, 10:22 AM
If we don't bring anything, then sure. If we play a normal game, you won't have a chance.

I disagree. The Bison only threw the ball 13 times against SIU and that game was closer than the score showed. The Penguins dominated the Salukis the first half and made some mistakes they had to overcome in the second half. I don't think the Bison offense is as good as they were last year. The qb is still young and not overly impressive yet. They are hiding this vulnerability in the run game.

Houndawg
October 19th, 2014, 10:26 AM

Possible. Not very likely.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2014, 10:28 AM
I disagree. The Bison only threw the ball 13 times against SIU and that game was closer than the score showed. The Penguins dominated the Salukis the first half and made some mistakes they had to overcome in the second half. I don't think the Bison offense is as good as they were last year. The qb is still young and not overly impressive yet. They are hiding this vulnerability in the run game.

Good thing these types of things get to be decided on the field. I've seen this team play in person for 5 games this year. I've watched them improve every game and our defense is even better than last year (not joking). The defense that your penguins will be playing against for a whole game (or less) held the Trees to -6 yards offense in the first (arguably our worst quarter of a football game). We are seriously constantly improving, and I saw our West-coast offense come back in full force yesterday. Carson Wentz and Company are just as good as Brock Jensen and company. I honestly wasn't sure if I could say that at the beginning of the season.

Lots of football to play between the NDSU and YSU game. You guys still have plenty of time to piss it down your leg like you do every year.

Houndawg
October 19th, 2014, 10:36 AM

You got a significant break with Agnew leaving in the 1st qtr. and SIU has looked just as bad in the first half for all seven games this year. You may benefit from tempering your expectations....

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2014, 10:43 AM
You got a significant break with Agnew leaving in the 1st qtr. and SIU has looked just as bad in the first half for all seven games this year. You may benefit from tempering your expectations....
They beat you guys without Agnew? He's half the reason you guys played so well against us.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

penguinpower
October 19th, 2014, 10:44 AM
I'm not saying YSU is going to go into Fargo and beat the daylights out of the Bison, I'may just saying that YSU has a chance if they play well.

penguinpower
October 19th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Wow how people interpret what they read is amazing.

penguinpower
October 19th, 2014, 10:47 AM
Good thing these types of things get to be decided on the field. I've seen this team play in person for 5 games this year. I've watched them improve every game and our defense is even better than last year (not joking). The defense that your penguins will be playing against for a whole game (or less) held the Trees to -6 yards offense in the first (arguably our worst quarter of a football game). We are seriously constantly improving, and I saw our West-coast offense come back in full force yesterday. Carson Wentz and Company are just as good as Brock Jensen and company. I honestly wasn't sure if I could say that at the beginning of the season.

Lots of football to play between the NDSU and YSU game. You guys still have plenty of time to piss it down your leg like you do every year.

So basically you are saying the Bison are unbeatable so why the **** do we even play the season then?

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2014, 10:51 AM
If NDSU plays to their potential, I honestly am not sure they will lose a game this season. To beat them will take a unified effort from an entire team and NDSU playing a below average game. Which, btw, is why you play the football game.

skinny_uncle
October 19th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Big props to YSU. My initial thoughts are that State just got a W in a place they are always awful at and hadn't won in since coming to FCS. It was ugly but I'll take it. It's going to be Hobo Day so I think SDSU plays much better (hopefully). Should be good one!

I never realized that YSU was awful in their Ice Palace.
xchinscratchx

Bison56
October 19th, 2014, 10:52 AM
So basically you are saying the Bison are unbeatable so why the **** do we even play the season then?

Yes, and it does seem pointless.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Yes, and it does seem pointless.
It's never pointless, that's obviously why you play the football game.

semobison
October 19th, 2014, 10:53 AM

I find this somewhat amusing! Lots of games for the Penguins to lose before they come to Fargo. Shouldn't you be thinking about the Jackrabbits this week. If you would have at least played them close last year you may have made the playoffs!

Thumper 76
October 19th, 2014, 10:54 AM
I never realized that YSU was awful in their Ice Palace.
xchinscratchx

I meant SDSU at UNI

Thumper 76
October 19th, 2014, 10:58 AM
I'm not saying YSU is going to go into Fargo and beat the daylights out of the Bison, I'may just saying that YSU has a chance if they play well.

No you don't understand, thinking you have a shot vs ndsu is an insult to the bison name. Even thinking you will keep it close is spitting I. The face of most bison fans. Just ask them.

penguinpower
October 19th, 2014, 11:03 AM
No you don't understand, thinking you have a shot vs ndsu is an insult to the bison name. Even thinking you will keep it close is spitting I. The face of most bison fans. Just ask them.

Looks like making a statement about the possibility of beating the Bison is the fastest way to get NDSU fans to move this thread to 200 ++ pages.

penguinpower
October 19th, 2014, 11:09 AM
The MVFC schedule has not been very favorable for YSU. Every year they play NDSU SDSU and UNI to end the season. Thone are going to be the most physical and taxing on your team with no time to recover from injury. Perhaps that is part of the reason why the Penguins "Piss Down their leg". How many other teams play the top 3 at the end of the year like that? That is a disadvantage in my book. At least this year it was broken up a bit and UNI was not on the schedule. No excuses just stating what I consider to be a disadvantage.

semobison
October 19th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Looks like making a statement about the possibility of beating the Bison is the fastest way to get NDSU fans to move this thread to 200 ++ pages.

If you were playing NDSU next weekend or even the following week and had a playoff spot locked up the statement wouldn't be so outlandish. The possibility of YSU losing next week in Brookings is very probable. Your statement about beating the Bison is at least 3 weeks premature. Lots of difficult Valley games between now and then, for both teams!

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2014, 11:18 AM
The MVFC schedule has not been very favorable for YSU. Every year they play NDSU SDSU and UNI to end the season. Thone are going to be the most physical and taxing on your team with no time to recover from injury. Perhaps that is part of the reason why the Penguins "Piss Down their leg". How many other teams play the top 3 at the end of the year like that? That is a disadvantage in my book. At least this year it was broken up a bit and UNI was not on the schedule. No excuses just stating what I consider to be a disadvantage.

NDSU has to play SDSU, Mo State, UNI and YSU as our last four games of the season. You know what's funny about being in a conference? We have to play each other almost every year. Keep complaining that you have to play tough teams. It's cute.

Your team doesn't have anything different for who they have to play. The fact they don't execute is the reason they aren't winning games (last year for instance.) When it's crunch time, put up or shut up.

semobison
October 19th, 2014, 11:33 AM
NDSU has to play SDSU, Mo State, UNI and YSU as our last four games of the season. You know what's funny about being in a conference? We have to play each other almost every year. Keep complaining that you have to play tough teams. It's cute.

Your team doesn't have anything different for who they have to play. The fact they don't execute is the reason they aren't winning games (last year for instance.) When it's crunch time, put up or shut up.

I agree, and the real kicker is, they may have made the playoffs with their record last year if they hadn't gotten beaten by SDSU the last game of the season 42-13. If they had at least played the Jacks somewhat close IMO they get in!

penguinpower
October 19th, 2014, 11:34 AM
How about the fact the conference reboot had YSU away 2 years in a row in Fargo? I said it was a disadvantage. Most teams in the valley are tough not getting around that. The schedule the year before last was UNI, SDSU, NDSU. Those were the top valley teams 2 years ago. Last year it was UNI, NDSU, SDSU. I get that you have to play everyone but you have a break with Missouri State.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2014, 11:45 AM
How about the fact the conference reboot had YSU away 2 years in a row in Fargo? I said it was a disadvantage. Most teams in the valley are tough not getting around that. The schedule the year before last was UNI, SDSU, NDSU. Those were the top valley teams 2 years ago. Last year it was UNI, NDSU, SDSU. I get that you have to play everyone but you have a break with Missouri State.

I say this tailgating every week. "There is no break in the Valley." Top to bottom every team can beat any team week in and week out if one team doesn't come to play the football game. You saying Mo State is a break just goes to show how you don't understand this football league.

BisonFan02
October 19th, 2014, 11:46 AM
YSU to the CAA..........

penguinpower
October 19th, 2014, 11:53 AM
I say this tailgating every week. "There is no break in the Valley." Top to bottom every team can beat any team week in and week out if one team doesn't come to play the football game. You saying Mo State is a break just goes to show how you don't understand this football league.

I understand the league and they are at the bottom with USD right now. Their only issue is their qb. But that is a big issue. It it makes the game with them easier.

mmiller_34
October 19th, 2014, 11:54 AM
YSU to the CAA..........

C'mon now.. I'd rather have YSU than any of the other teams people have identified as potential invites. EIU, UND, SEMO..

Bison56
October 19th, 2014, 11:55 AM

xrolleyesx

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2014, 11:55 AM
C'mon now.. I'd rather have YSU than any of the other teams people have identified as potential invites. EIU, UND, SEMO..

No. Drop YSU and don't add anyone, add one more conference game and all problems would be solved.

BisonFan02
October 19th, 2014, 11:57 AM
No. Drop YSU and don't add anyone, add one more conference game and all problems would be solved.

Ding Ding.....balanced schedule.

semobison
October 19th, 2014, 12:01 PM

Words of wisdom!

Sycamore62
October 19th, 2014, 12:23 PM

I don't think I'm for dropping anyone but if a team left you wouldn't need to add a conference game would you.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2014, 12:26 PM
I don't think I'm for dropping anyone but if a team left you wouldn't need to add a conference game would you.

Well don't drop YSU, they can leave on their own accord.

Yes, we'd have to ADD another conference game. We currently only play 8 games and we have 10 teams. If one team leaves and you don't add a game, you still aren't going to have every team play each other once a year.

EDIT: THE BOLDED IS OBVIOUSLY INCORRECT. I fail at math.

Daved
October 19th, 2014, 12:31 PM
I think the Penguins have a chance to upset the Bison this year. They are playing way more physical than they have since Wolford was hired. YSU also appears to be deep on the roster. They just can't shoot themselves in the foot, which is what they've done in their loses. Very young team. If they put it together I believe they can beat the BisonAny team can beat the Bison---if you search ancient history it says that ISUb and YSU were the last 2 teams to beat them--its been so long ago but I seem to recall that Indy was still a doormat when they won and YSU was probably a heavy underdog back in the Fargodome.Bottom line, every team will have a day when almost everything won't go right even the great ones.NDSU has been and still is the most dominant team in FCS--I was thrilled to see them humble powerhouses such as Georgia Southern in the past and wish them nothing but success(except vs. YSU.)

JayJ79
October 19th, 2014, 12:33 PM

Yes, we'd have to ADD another conference game. We currently only play 8 games and we have 10 teams. If one team leaves and you don't add a game, you still aren't going to have every team play each other once a year.
NDSU: a pinnacle of academic and intellectual excellence

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2014, 12:40 PM

Lmfao...I just thought that through. xpeacex

Oh well, I made a mistake.

344Johnson
October 19th, 2014, 12:40 PM

I hear Einstein used to sit in on lectures here while he was coming up with the theory of relativity...

MSUDuo
October 19th, 2014, 12:48 PM
I understand the league and they are at the bottom with USD right now. Their only issue is their qb. But that is a big issue. It it makes the game with them easier.

What a ****ing douche. It's remarkable how quickly some forget...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daved
October 19th, 2014, 12:53 PM
You got a significant break with Agnew leaving in the 1st qtr. and SIU has looked just as bad in the first half for all seven games this year. You may benefit from tempering your expectations....Penguinpower predicted a SIU victory,we did get a significant break with the loss of Agnew.Hopefully the team will focus entirely on SDSU--those pesky Rabbits always find a way to humiliate us.The almighty ZZ was held to 80yds.(on 29 carries) by UNI--although UNI still lost in their "Dome of Doom".Unfortunately for UNI they don't get to play YSU this year.

Daved
October 19th, 2014, 12:56 PM
I find this somewhat amusing! Lots of games for the Penguins to lose before they come to Fargo. Shouldn't you be thinking about the Jackrabbits this week. If you would have at least played them close last year you may have made the playoffs!Exactly my sentiments--YSU needs to focus entirely on SDSU--we need to play to our capabilities and not continue as a Jekyll and Hyde team that chokes to meet the playoffs.

Daved
October 19th, 2014, 12:59 PM
No you don't understand, thinking you have a shot vs ndsu is an insult to the bison name. Even thinking you will keep it close is spitting I. The face of most bison fans. Just ask them.ANY team has a chance---not usually a good one,but thats why we play the game--Any Given Saturday.

Daved
October 19th, 2014, 01:05 PM
If you were playing NDSU next weekend or even the following week and had a playoff spot locked up the statement wouldn't be so outlandish. The possibility of YSU losing next week in Brookings is very probable. Your statement about beating the Bison is at least 3 weeks premature. Lots of difficult Valley games between now and then, for both teams!True---too many intangibles also--either team could lose important players etc.YSU will be the underdogs in Brookings--they will have to focus entirely on them not the Bison if they want to have a chance to win.

FargoBison
October 19th, 2014, 02:00 PM

Watch a game before you spout off just random stuff. Hate people who look at a box score and think they know what happened. Wentz has played really well, especially yesterday. We lose against WIU without him. We are hiding nothing.

penguinpower
October 19th, 2014, 02:09 PM
Watch a game before you spout off just random stuff. Hate people who look at a box score and think they know what happened. Wentz has played really well, especially yesterday. We lose against WIU without him. We are hiding nothing.

Ive watched several ndsu games this year. Why do so many bison fans get their panties in a wad any time someone points out something on the Bison?

FargoBison
October 19th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Ive watched several ndsu games this year. Why do soany bison fans get their panties in a wad any time someone points out something on the Bison?

Clearly you weren't watching closely enough.

If you bring an awful take, expect to get ripped. Outside of one bad half against SIU, Carson has been solid and then he followed that bad half up going 5-7 for 150 yards and 2 TDs. He could have easily gone for 300+ yesterday if the coaches hadn't called off the dogs.

Our issue isn't the QB, it is at WR. Not much depth there, Vraa played hurt against SIU which of course affected the passing game.

NDSUSR
October 19th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Ive watched several ndsu games this year. Why do so many bison fans get their panties in a wad any time someone points out something on the Bison?

Because they are always wrong. :)

Sycamore62
October 19th, 2014, 02:46 PM

I was humbled with your football yesterday but apparently you aren't math national champions. If we DONT CHANGE how many teams are in the conference we could add a game and play everyone. With 1 less team an 8 game conference schedule would play everyone.

you don't play yourself

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2014, 04:22 PM
I was humbled with your football yesterday but apparently you aren't math national champions. If we DONT CHANGE how many teams are in the conference we could add a game and play everyone. With 1 less team an 8 game conference schedule would play everyone.

you don't play yourself

Go look up there. I admitted that I ****ed up.

Sycamore62
October 19th, 2014, 04:50 PM
Go look up there. I admitted that I ****ed up.

Ive made the same mistake talking about high school. We play 9 games here and our conference went to 10 teams and it took a while to figure out who we weren't playing.

on a serious note though, I guess the reason we don't play 9 games is to keep from beating each other up more. I know part of the negotiations at some point adding the Dakotas was that ISUb and maybe someone else didn't want the expense of traveling. I'm not sure how that works out financially.

I would say any moves will happen after the BCS decides what College football will look like. I think a lot of schools could bone themselves by making a move right now

KUlawJack
October 19th, 2014, 05:54 PM

Wut.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2014, 05:59 PM
Wut.

Go back and read I know I messed up.

KUlawJack
October 19th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Go back and read I know I messed up.

Sorry, just read that. My apologies for piling on.

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2014, 06:02 PM

Right after I posted it I was like...well ****, that's not right. But the harm was already done.

Sycamore62
October 19th, 2014, 06:03 PM

Were you playing for us yesterday?

KUlawJack
October 19th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Were you playing for us yesterday?

No, sorry. I was too busy screaming at the TV when we had a 2 TD lead with 7 minutes to go and we were throwing it like we were down by 46.

KUlawJack
October 19th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Right after I posted it I was like...well ****, that's not right. But the harm was already done.

Always re-read before submitting. Even if you're replying to Mpls and your blood is boiling due to his stupidity. :)

IBleedYellow
October 19th, 2014, 06:08 PM
Always re-read before submitting. Even if you're replying to Mpls and your blood is boiling due to his stupidity. :)

Yeah, pretty much.

marenlee
October 19th, 2014, 06:08 PM
http://thecriticalpath.info/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/dogpile-504x250.jpg

CommishBigSmooth
October 19th, 2014, 06:43 PM

I sense a slight case of revisionist history here. Every year? Come on. Have you even looked at your last several years of schedules? Every game in the Valley is taxing. Let's hit briefly the last 3 years:

2013- You go 8-1 and only had to win one of your last three last year to get in the playoffs and had two of the three at home against those three teams you mentioned above.

In 2012, it didn't matter because that little 0-for-October run you guys had made the last three games irrelevant. By the way, no time to recover from injury? You beat UNI, then had a BYE WEEK to get ready to go to NDSU and got destroyed.

In 2011, you had a bye week going into the SDSU game and got beat there too. After losing the game to UNI in November, it took such a toll on you that you went and beat NDSU the next week. Must have not been as taxing as you stated.

Of course, no excuses. Just those pesky scheduling disadvantages. Looks to me like those schedules have worked just fine for you. It's the team on the field playing the schedule that has issues.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 19th, 2014, 07:58 PM

Well if you had watched the Ind State/NDSU game, the Bison 1st team defense held Perish and company to 96 yards and 3 points by the start of the 4th quarter. The 2 ISU TDs were against the 2nds and 3rds.

If the Bison do not make silly mistakes they will not be beaten by any FCS team this year.

thebootfitter
October 19th, 2014, 10:37 PM
If the Bison do not make silly mistakes they will not be beaten by any FCS team this year.
Fourth verse... Same as the third.

Yes, sounds familiar. And it this point in the season, I'm starting to believe it. Last year, I was a believer even before the K-State comeback.

Of course, everyone knows that it could happen. The Bison _could_ lose. Yes, they could. But right now, the train is rolling. And it is going to take a powerful force to stop it unless the Bison themselves throw themselves off the tracks. And they are just too focused to let that happen. They know too well how to win. There are too many players too committed to winning the next play and they are too well trained to do so to fail.

I agree that there isn't a force powerful enough in the FCS right now. There are some good teams, no doubt, but I just don't see a team good enough to beat the Bison -- unless they beat themselves.

At the beginning of the year, I expected a 5-0 start, but I fully expected them to drop a game or two in the Valley. Maybe UNI. Maybe SDSU. Maybe SIU. Maybe even YSU. Could still happen. But at this point, I would be more surprised at a single loss than I would with another undefeated regular season.

Time will tell. I still get a little nervous at kickoff for all the Valley games. AGS. A loss could happen. But I wouldn't put money on it.

JayJ79
October 19th, 2014, 10:38 PM
you don't play yourself

at least not in public

skinny_uncle
October 19th, 2014, 11:45 PM
Fourth verse... Same as the third.

Yes, sounds familiar. And it this point in the season, I'm starting to believe it. Last year, I was a believer even before the K-State comeback.

Of course, everyone knows that it could happen. The Bison _could_ lose. Yes, they could. But right now, the train is rolling. And it is going to take a powerful force to stop it unless the Bison themselves throw themselves off the tracks. And they are just too focused to let that happen. They know too well how to win. There are too many players too committed to winning the next play and they are too well trained to do so to fail.

I agree that there isn't a force powerful enough in the FCS right now. There are some good teams, no doubt, but I just don't see a team good enough to beat the Bison -- unless they beat themselves.

At the beginning of the year, I expected a 5-0 start, but I fully expected them to drop a game or two in the Valley. Maybe UNI. Maybe SDSU. Maybe SIU. Maybe even YSU. Could still happen. But at this point, I would be more surprised at a single loss than I would with another undefeated regular season.

Time will tell. I still get a little nervous at kickoff for all the Valley games. AGS. A loss could happen. But I wouldn't put money on it.

So how long until you leave for the Mountain West?

thebootfitter
October 20th, 2014, 12:02 AM
I sense you're being facetious.

But if not, that too has been rehashed many times over. It could happen, but there are _currently_ too many opposing variables for it to make sense. Mostly financial variables and implications of them. (Stadium, booster support, team travel for all sports, etc. Let alone the lack of a conference invite.) Even if they could compete on the gridiron.

The party line is to wait a couple years to see what happens with the P5 shakeup. What will the other conferences do? I think NDSU will likely maintain a position in the second highest tier of football, whatever that happens to look like.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 20th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Another interesting slate of games this coming weekend:

UNI @ WIU

YSU @ SDSU

NDSU @ USD

MSU @ Ill State

Ind State @ SIU

SIU,MSU,UNI and Ind State really need a win this weekend. IMO, UNI needs to win out to make the playoffs.

SDSU and YSU probably have some wiggle room left and NDSU and Ill State are setting pretty good right now.

Can NDSU keep the foot on the gas pedal for the USD? Will the Coyotes come out and match NDSU's intensity or will the throw the towel in and half-ass it?

Game of the week in the Valley IMO is YSU/SDSU. SDSU plays them tough and they are at home. I think the Jacks win this at home then they come to Fargo for their annual beat down....xthumbsupx

ysubigred
October 20th, 2014, 07:47 AM

LOL! Don't worry about it... Seems like the only reply you'll get is when you **** up or misspell something xdrunkyx

Sycamore62
October 20th, 2014, 08:18 AM
at least not in public

wish i had more time and technical savvy (other than finding free adult websites). I would post a the video of the kid ringing the bell at a football game. i have limited access at "work"

Green1
October 20th, 2014, 08:27 AM

If I didn't know better, I might think you were trying to get rid of us. I know that's not the case because... Hey....... Wait a minute.... ???

Houndawg
October 20th, 2014, 09:12 AM
I sense you're being facetious.

But if not, that too has been rehashed many times over. It could happen, but there are _currently_ too many opposing variables for it to make sense. Mostly financial variables and implications of them. (Stadium, booster support, team travel for all sports, etc. Let alone the lack of a conference invite.) Even if they could compete on the gridiron.

The party line is to wait a couple years to see what happens with the P5 shakeup. What will the other conferences do? I think NDSU will likely maintain a position in the second highest tier of football, whatever that happens to look like.

Like being the only game in town in a State rolling in oil money?

FargoBison
October 20th, 2014, 09:14 AM
For me SIU-ISB is the game of the week, basically a must win game for both teams.

thebootfitter
October 20th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Ah... If only it were so easy.

Houndawg
October 20th, 2014, 09:34 AM
For me SIU-ISB is the game of the week, basically a must win game for both teams.

Both teams with two game losing streaks in conference and identical 4-3 records. Somebody gets their 3rd conference loss and somebody is alive to be a possible 4th MVC team

ST_Lawson
October 20th, 2014, 09:38 AM

Maybe in the world of football they're "the only game in town", but I'd bet the sport that gets the majority of the state's financial support is UND Hockey.

Bisonator
October 20th, 2014, 09:41 AM
ND doesn't spend money on sports. Now if your talking about a new med or law school for UND.......xcoffeex

FargoBison
October 20th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Maybe in the world of football they're "the only game in town", but I'd bet the sport that gets the majority of the state's financial support is UND Hockey.

No, not really.

UND's students do pay three times as much for athletics though through fees in comparison to NDSU. So I guess they pay for their own hockey dreams.

ST_Lawson
October 20th, 2014, 10:58 AM
No, not really.

UND's students do pay three times as much for athletics though through fees in comparison to NDSU. So I guess they pay for their own hockey dreams.

Ah, ok. I stand corrected.

mmiller_34
October 21st, 2014, 12:53 PM
Bump... No reason for this thread to fall off first page.

RabidRabbit
October 21st, 2014, 01:14 PM
Massey's rating 10/20/2014

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2014&sub=11605

MVFC - 9 of top 15.

Nova09
October 21st, 2014, 01:20 PM
Bump... No reason for this thread to fall off first page.

Didn't you get the memo? All MVFC attention has been diverted to who would even dare conceive of the possibility of giving NDSU a game.

BisonBacker
October 21st, 2014, 01:28 PM
Didn't you get the memo? All MVFC attention has been diverted to who would even dare conceive of the possibility of giving NDSU a game.

Sounds like a little butt hurt or envy.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2014, 01:30 PM
Didn't you get the memo? All FCS attention has been diverted to who would even dare conceive of the possibility of giving NDSU a game.

FIFY

Bison56
October 21st, 2014, 01:35 PM

Id call pure jealousy turned to hate.

Nova09
October 21st, 2014, 01:43 PM

Or just an observation of fact, that after that thread was created this 1100 post thread had no posts while that one garnered 200 in 24 hours

- - - Updated - - -

FIFY

The rest of FCS attention was already on that topic, it just blew up once the MVFC posters chimed in

NoDak 4 Ever
October 21st, 2014, 01:57 PM
The rest of FCS attention was already on that topic, it just blew up once the MVFC posters chimed in

Because they have first hand knowledge of what it's like.

Nova09
October 21st, 2014, 02:02 PM
Because they have first hand knowledge of what it's like.

Not saying anything wrong with it, the perspective of the fans who see NDSU year in and year out is appreciated and made for a (mostly) good thread. Still, I'm just observing data based facts of what it trending.

JayJ79
October 21st, 2014, 03:28 PM
the NDSU Bison are the NY Yankees of the FCS.

UNIFanSince1983
October 21st, 2014, 03:43 PM
the NDSU Bison are the NY Yankees of the FCS.

What does that mean they are buying players? They have stars (or former stars) on the roster, but continually fail to make the playoffs?

This is a horrible comparison.

344Johnson
October 21st, 2014, 03:57 PM

Unfortunately we have another school that would want to tag along.

BisonBacker
October 21st, 2014, 04:07 PM

Hey that could be their new nickname. The "Coattails"

Theee Catrabbit
October 21st, 2014, 08:34 PM
Massey's rating 10/20/2014

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?s=cf2014&sub=11605

MVFC - 9 of top 15.

See...if I was working in the MVFC head office I could just cut and paste that to the website.....and say "there's your season, I'm going golfing"......

(jeez.....even bottom feeder USD at 2-5 is ranked higher than over 2/3 the FCS, and their coach is ready to have an emotional breakdown)

skinny_uncle
October 21st, 2014, 09:25 PM

At least you don't have to deal with three FBS schools in your state.
xnottalkingx

JayJ79
October 21st, 2014, 09:39 PM
What does that mean they are buying players? They have stars (or former stars) on the roster, but continually fail to make the playoffs?

This is a horrible comparison.

I was referring to the annoying fanbase and constant media attention. Perhaps more akin to the Yankees in their glory days, I dunno.

But the latter point that you bring up does sound more like UNI, I guess.

IndyTreeFan
October 21st, 2014, 09:45 PM
xnottalkingx

Or four...

Daved
October 21st, 2014, 09:54 PM
Or four...Or eight.

JayJ79
October 21st, 2014, 10:01 PM
just for a random sidenote, states with the most FBS teams:
12 - Texas
8 - Ohio
7- California, Florida
6.5 - North Carolina (currently 6, with Charlotte becoming full FBS next season to make 7)
5 - Alabama, Louisiana, Michigan

BisonFan02
October 21st, 2014, 11:31 PM
xnottalkingx

Let's be real here....those "FBS" schools are midpack MVFC :D

skinny_uncle
October 22nd, 2014, 09:53 PM
Let's be real here....those "FBS" schools are midpack MVFC :D

Still it creates recruiting problems. We also have a couple of other MVFC teams in Illinois.

Theee Catrabbit
October 22nd, 2014, 10:04 PM
Still it creates recruiting problems. We also have a couple of other MVFC teams in Illinois.
Yes because ND and SD are so chock full of D1 talent. we have to actually travel into these other states and compete against FBS and the FCS schools in all the other states.....

BisonFan02
October 22nd, 2014, 10:08 PM
Yes because ND and SD are so chock full of D1 talent. we have to actually travel into these other states and compete against FBS and the FCS schools in all the other states.....

Yup.....Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois....etc.

penguinpower
October 22nd, 2014, 10:08 PM

Hence the reason why the Dakota schools joining was a big threat. However has raised the level of play. And that's a good thing. :)

centennial
October 22nd, 2014, 10:14 PM
Hence the reason why the Dakota schools joining was a big threat. However has raised the level of play. And that's a good thing. :)
Not for UNI, YSU or SIU.

penguinpower
October 22nd, 2014, 10:19 PM
Not for UNI, YSU or SIU.

Okay you got me on that one!

DoubleE
October 25th, 2014, 09:17 PM
So all but 3 MVFC Teams have to win out for a shot at getting into the playoffs

SDSU, UNI, SIU, Indiana State, Missouri State

2 have no shot at playoffs

WIU and USD

FargoBison
October 25th, 2014, 09:19 PM
So all but 3 MVFC Teams have to win out for a shot at getting into the playoffs

SDSU, UNI, SIU, Indiana State, Missouri State

2 have no shot at playoffs

WIU and USD

ISUB could lose one more and perhaps maybe SDSU(the non-DI complicates their situation).

MSU, SIU and UNI need to win out. 7-5 isn't going to cut it.

birdsflyhigh
October 25th, 2014, 09:27 PM
I wouldn't be so sure on that 7-5 MVFC team. Those 7-5 Valley teams will be right there for the selection committee to scoop up into the playoffs.

BisonFan02
October 25th, 2014, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't be so sure on that 7-5 MVFC team. Those teams at 7-5 Valley teams will be right there for the selection committee to scoop up into the playoffs.

They were last year too.......

DoubleE
October 25th, 2014, 09:29 PM
after how YSU got snobbed last year 8-4 might not be enough

Sycamore62
October 25th, 2014, 09:30 PM
They were last year too.......

If conference AQs go chalk there's a bit more chance

FargoBison
October 25th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Today was not a good day for the MVFC. NAU beat faux EWU, they win out they are in.

Then SC State winning gave the committee an excuse to let in another MEAC team.

SELA also lost to SFA, which created a new bubble team.

DoubleE
October 25th, 2014, 09:31 PM
If conference AQs go chalk there's a bit more chance

again, see YSU last year

BisonFan02
October 25th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Today was not a good day for the MVFC. NAU beat faux EWU, they win out they are in.

Then SC State winning gave the committee and excuse to let in another MEAC team.

This, this....and this. The bubble is LARGE right now.

smilo
October 25th, 2014, 09:37 PM

Then SC State winning gave the committee and excuse to let in another MEAC team.

There's still much hope. I think it might be better is Mizzou St just starts losing now. I still believed until today. They are now the 8th (or possibly 9th best team) in the conference which is insane considering they beat NWST and UCA, 2 very much on the bubble teams. I have the latter in after today.

The worst team in the MVFC may wind up with just 1 D1 win due to tough scheduling - Northern Arizona - the bubbliest team of all. I think they may be in line to be upset by SUU or UND. That may be too hopeful, but South Dakota alone should give edge MVFC.

Morgan State and Norfolk State should challenge SC St, a team that lost to NCCU, a pretty similarly talented team to those two. NCAT could be an at-large worry too unfortunately.

I think we got 7 for the MVFC, but hopefully all will get to 8 wins. I'll remain optimistic for now.

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2014, 09:45 PM
There's still much hope. I think it might be better is Mizzou St just starts losing now. I still believed until today. They are now the 8th (or possibly 9th best team) in the conference which is insane considering they beat NWST and UCA, 2 very much on the bubble teams. I have the latter in after today.

The worst team in the MVFC may wind up with just 1 D1 win due to tough scheduling - Northern Arizona - the bubbliest team of all. I think they may be in line to be upset by SUU or UND. That may be too hopeful, but South Dakota alone should give edge MVFC.

Morgan State and Norfolk State should challenge SC St, a team that lost to NCCU, a pretty similarly talented team to those two. NCAT could be an at-large worry too unfortunately.

I think we got 7 for the MVFC, but hopefully all will get to 8 wins. I'll remain optimistic for now.

My Salukis would have to win out after today. Not holding my breath.

FargoBison
October 25th, 2014, 09:46 PM
I have four in right now...

NDSU
ISUR
YSU
ISUB

SDSU and UNI are on the bubble.....MSU and SIU are on life support

BisonFan02
October 25th, 2014, 09:49 PM
I have four in right now...

NDSU
ISUR
YSU
ISUB

SDSU and UNI are on the bubble.....MSU and SIU are on life support

YSU could be in trouble...they finish the year with Ill St., Indiana St., and NDSU.

DoubleE
October 25th, 2014, 09:52 PM
YSU could be in trouble...they finish the year with Ill St., Indiana St., and NDSU.

yeah.... last year proved 4 losses are not good enough for YSU to get into the playoffs. This means they need to beat 2 of ISUb, ISUr, and NDSU to get in

Sycamore62
October 25th, 2014, 09:54 PM

If ISUb could win 2 in a row at home (MSU, sdsu) they would go to YSU needing to split with them and WIU on the road to get 8 wins.

IndyTreeFan
October 25th, 2014, 10:00 PM
If ISUb could win 2 in a row at home (MSU, sdsu) they would go to YSU needing to split with them and WIU on the road to get 8 wins.

And we traditionally don't play well in Youngstown.

unigriff
October 25th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Count UNI out. 3 of their last 4 are at home and we haven't won a conference home game since 2013

Sycamore62
October 25th, 2014, 10:01 PM
And we traditionally don't play well in Youngstown.

Have we beat them since '95 in my first start? Sorry, had to throw that in there

JayJ79
October 25th, 2014, 10:06 PM
after how YSU got snobbed last year 8-4 might not be enough

part of that could have been because 3 of those 8 wins were against teams with less than 63 scholarships (2 PFL and 1 NEC)
this year isn't all that much better (1 PFL and 2 NEC)

Daved
October 25th, 2014, 10:14 PM
YSU was definitely better than some teams in the playoffs but after choking @ UNI and getting embarrassed in the SDSU game IMHO they did not deserve to be in the playoffs.

DoubleE
October 25th, 2014, 10:16 PM
YSU was definitely better than some teams in the playoffs but after choking @ UNI and getting embarrassed in the SDSU game IMHO they did not deserve to be in the playoffs.

David, our last 3 games are against what will be 2 undefeated FCS schools (Illinois State/ NDSU) and a very good ISUb school. Their is potential of history repeating itself and us going 8-4 and getting snubbed again

Daved
October 25th, 2014, 10:28 PM
David, our last 3 games are against what will be 2 undefeated FCS schools (Illinois State/ NDSU) and a very good ISUb school. Their is potential of history repeating itself and us going 8-4 and getting snubbed againIn the MVFC nothing will really shock me--should be an interesting finish, but barring injuries I think we stand a better chance on getting in this year.

Bisonwinagn
October 25th, 2014, 10:29 PM
At this rate everyone outside of NDSU and ILL st are going to end up with 5 loses causing the valley to only get 2 in the playoffs. It basically means someone will have to beat one of these teams to get in.

FargoBison
October 25th, 2014, 10:36 PM
At this rate everyone outside of NDSU and ILL st are going to end up with 5 loses causing the valley to only get 2 in the playoffs. It basically means someone will have to beat one of these teams to get in.

Well ISUB has already ran that gauntlet...all they need to do is not lose two more games.

DoubleE
November 1st, 2014, 08:29 AM
game day

Sycamore62
November 1st, 2014, 09:11 AM
At some point the mvfc rep needs to say, THiS year you need to take OUR bubble teams

centennial
November 1st, 2014, 06:06 PM
What the hell is going on in the UNI and ISUr game?

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 06:32 PM
UNI's defense is that good

Twentysix
November 1st, 2014, 06:35 PM
UNI's defense is that good

Who the hell is carnes?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 1st, 2014, 06:35 PM

Y you no TV on this one?

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/006/y-u-no-guy.jpg

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 06:36 PM
Who the hell is carnes?
A running back that can't throw for **** that people, like unigriff, love.

Career completion percent that is about the same as tebows nfl career

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 06:38 PM
Y you no TV on this one?

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/004/006/y-u-no-guy.jpg
It's on state wide in Iowa on panther sports net, and in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana and Missouri on Comcast Sports Chicago

Probably on direct tv

NoDak 4 Ever
November 1st, 2014, 06:43 PM
It's on state wide in Iowa on panther sports net, and in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana and Missouri on Comcast Sports Chicago

Probably on direct tv

Curses, Only get FS Midwest, KC, and Altitude here. Didn't need the sports package to get any Bison games this year so I punted.

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 06:46 PM
Yeah... I've got it on 2 channels right now

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 06:48 PM
DJ breaks the all time rushing record at uni today

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/01/292eb0c3345a8a3b1326acaac83d7422.jpg

BattinRam
November 1st, 2014, 06:55 PM
Pick IL St.

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 06:56 PM
Carnes has good 6th pass tippec and isu picks it off next play isu ties it in a 67 yard run

**** you carnes.

Griff, you still like him more than Sawyer?

14 points off 3 Carnes tds

BattinRam
November 1st, 2014, 06:56 PM
First Play after pick,
67 YD TD IL St.
21-21

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 06:58 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/01/b29b3e799226e067328dc8106188dc15.jpg

****ing no more carnes

BattinRam
November 1st, 2014, 06:59 PM
Wow!
UNI returns the Kick-off for a TD

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 06:59 PM
DJ takes the ensuing kick off 99 yards for a td.

He straight truck sticked a guy on the 13 then went untouched

28 21
845 left

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 07:05 PM
Good god uni has a great defense

Forces a 3 and out and forcing negative 12 yards in those 3 plays.

Point blocked but still rolls to the 40.

Uni with 2 blocked punts on the day

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 07:09 PM
UNI picks up a first on a 3rd and 7 crossing route. Under 5 to go in the next snap

Uni on the 24

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 07:10 PM
DJ with anther td.

22 yard run where he made isu look like jv guys

35 21
412 left

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 07:13 PM
UNI defense instantly goes into prevent coverage..

2 plays and into uni territory

Smh

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 07:18 PM
UNI forces isu to turn it over in downs with 248 key at the UNI 45 but flag on the play for roughing the passer... Was a very iffy call.... Very... Only 1 step after the release

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 07:20 PM
2 plays later Roberson scrambles around and throws a 21 yard td

209 left

ISUr has all 3 to

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 07:21 PM
The roughing call cam on a hit to the hip that he was in the motion of the hit at time of release

FargoBison
November 1st, 2014, 07:21 PM
ISUR should kick this deep.

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 07:23 PM
They do. Uni was set up for the onside.

Touchback

1 first down should deal it

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 07:24 PM
DJ picks up 5 on first down. ISUr to

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 07:29 PM
UNI punts

Flag on the return, block in the back

Ball would have been at the 40 instead is on the 14

140 left

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 07:29 PM
SACK IN THE FIRST PLAY back to the 9

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 07:30 PM
Second down is thrown away.

Panther rush is killing isu

3rd and 16

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 07:30 PM
PICK 6!!! TIM KILFOY 34 YARD RETURN

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 07:31 PM
Roberson not getting up after the play. He was completely curb stomped by mcmakin on the return.

Clean hit but night not have been needed

FargoBison
November 1st, 2014, 07:33 PM
Nice win UNI.

I hope Roberson is ok, agree that was clean but completely uneeded.

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 07:34 PM
Note to uni oc... The special teams gave you 14 and the defense 7...

Step your side of the ball up

NDSUtk
November 1st, 2014, 07:36 PM
Nice win. No need for you to have another one next weekend ;)

clenz
November 1st, 2014, 07:36 PM
Kilfoy with another pick on the next series. Could have been another 6 but he took a knee at the 34

One knee finishes it

42 28 final

BattinRam
November 1st, 2014, 07:42 PM
And that keeps UNI in the hunt.
IMO 5 MVFC teams still in the mix.
SD St. & SIU on the outside looking to get back in.
USD, WIU, MO St. are out.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 1st, 2014, 08:39 PM
Should be a very good game in CF next Saturday.