PDA

View Full Version : The MVFC...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8

centennial
October 8th, 2014, 08:38 PM
According to massey. MVFC is better than the following FBC conferences.
CUSA East
MWC West
CUSA West
MAC West
MAC East
Sunbelt

skinny_uncle
October 9th, 2014, 08:04 PM
According to massey. MVFC is better than the following FBC conferences.
CUSA East
MWC West
CUSA West
MAC West
MAC East
Sunbelt

Not surprised.

underdawg
October 9th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Poor UNI--- They play USD at their place in starting QB Kevin Earl's first game after recovering from injury that kept him out for six weeks--he threw for 370 yrads in the Yote's win in Frost Bite Falls

Twentysix
October 10th, 2014, 02:38 AM
Will USD come storming back now that they have a QB? Should be interesting.

UNIFanSince1983
October 10th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Poor UNI--- They play USD at their place in starting QB Kevin Earl's first game after recovering from injury that kept him out for six weeks--he threw for 370 yrads in the Yote's win in Frost Bite Falls

Thanks for coming up with our excuse for us this time xpeacex

Houndawg
October 10th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Will USD come storming back now that they have a QB? Should be interesting.

No way. UNI has their backs to the wall now and they were embarrassed by the Yotes last year. All signs point to a beating for the ages....

ValleyTalk
October 10th, 2014, 08:06 AM
No way. UNI has their backs to the wall now and they were embarrassed by the Yotes last year. All signs point to a beating for the ages....
I wouldn't be to sure of that.

Houndawg
October 10th, 2014, 08:54 AM
I wouldn't be to sure of that.

I'm not dissing USD - but it's do or die time for UNI and while they seldom turn out to be as special as they're hyped to be every season, they're a long way from being a bad team and imo they have a big advantage at the skill positions. Too hard to picture them eliminated halfway through the season for me to pick against them.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2014, 07:31 AM
My thoughts on this weeks games:

Ill State @ Ind State: Home team squeaks out a win

UNI @ USD: UNI needs a win and I think they get it

WIU @ YSU: I'll take the guins at home

MSU @ SDSU: Interesting match up but I'll go with the Jacks at home

SIU @ NDSU: Bison come alive at Homecoming -- 28-9

ValleyTalk
October 11th, 2014, 07:51 AM
Indiana State - ILSU is good, but not as good as being top 5 in FCS offense and defense

South Dakota - UNI loses in a dome uglier than the pUNI Dome

Youngstown State - Expect the YSU defense to show it is for real in this low scoring affair

North Dakota State - The Bison will lose this year, at least I think, but not to SIU

Missouri State - Toss-Up. Both looked bad last week.

JayJ79
October 11th, 2014, 02:05 PM
Last year, USD wore their home reds even though it was a road game at UNI.
Wonder if UNI will wear purple today in the Dakota Dome.

Twentysix
October 11th, 2014, 02:36 PM
Mvfc so stronk

centennial
October 11th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Mvfc so stronk
That is not true. Watch us getting 1-2 at larges again.

Twentysix
October 11th, 2014, 03:15 PM
That is not true. Watch us getting 1-2 at larges again. watch us get the 1 and 2 seeds :p

DoubleE
October 11th, 2014, 05:04 PM
might be wrong place for this but figured id ask the fellow penguin fans incase they knew, any idea why the ysu message board (ysupenguins.com ) domain has been suspended ? i just tried to check the forum and got this message

Account for domain ysupenguins.com has been suspended

centennial
October 11th, 2014, 05:07 PM
might be wrong place for this but figured id ask the fellow penguin fans incase they knew, any idea why the ysu message board (ysupenguins.com ) domain has been suspended ? i just tried to check the forum and got this message

Someone didn't pay the $10/ month or a complaint to the domain registrar about something illegal.

DoubleE
October 11th, 2014, 07:19 PM
Wells >>>>>>>>>> Nania

today is proving it

DoubleE
October 11th, 2014, 07:22 PM
whats wrong with south dakota state ? down 28-17 to Missouri state

UNIFanSince1983
October 11th, 2014, 07:24 PM

Similar to UNI they are not as good as advertised in the preseason.

centennial
October 11th, 2014, 07:24 PM
That loss probably demoralized the team.

Thumper 76
October 11th, 2014, 07:30 PM

Well when I got out of work I had the joy of tuning into back to back picks thrown by SDSU that were returned inside the 20 of the Jacks that led to easy scores but there has been a big momentum swing with the last drive at half to score with 35 seconds left for SDSU. A comeback is possible, lots of football left to play. Also each drive I listened to started with an offensive holding ending up in 3rd and forevers with one converted and two thrown to the wrong team. Be an interesting second half. Bears get the ball to start, if SDSU can hold them it will be big.

frozennorth
October 11th, 2014, 07:36 PM
starting QB has been out for weeks and SDSU has turned it over in their own red zone repeatedly in their last two games.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Wow....Youngstown is playing pretty dirty against WIU.....xeekx

11 penalties and 2 ejections so far....

DoubleE
October 11th, 2014, 09:11 PM
the first ejection was the opening kickoff for targeting. it was a boarderline call. i missed the second one

Bisonator
October 11th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Wow....Youngstown is playing pretty dirty against WIU.....xeekx

11 penalties and 2 ejections so far....

No not Wolford's guys!xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2014, 09:12 PM
the first ejection was the opening kickoff for targeting. it was a boarderline call. i missed the second one

Almost a 3rd ejection since I have been watching this...

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2014, 09:29 PM
WIU wins in Youngstown 30-24

DoubleE
October 11th, 2014, 09:29 PM
wow.... so much for playoffs this year, on bright side wolford will be fired at the end of the season for not making the playoffs for 5 years

marenlee
October 11th, 2014, 09:30 PM
wow.... so much for playoffs this year, on bright side wolford will be fired at the end of the season for not making the playoffs for 5 years

Sure about that? :)

Bisonator
October 11th, 2014, 09:31 PM
WIU wins in Youngstown 30-24

And the grinder eats another one. Haha, we'll be a 2 bid league by the end of the season.xsmhx

IBleedYellow
October 11th, 2014, 09:37 PM
Damnit Valley, we need to stop chewing each other up.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2014, 09:38 PM
And the grinder eats another one. Haha, we'll be a 2 bid league by the end of the season.xsmhx

You may be right.

Watch out Indiana State next week....xnodx

Drblankstare
October 11th, 2014, 09:38 PM
This league is a mess. What is life

ST_Lawson
October 11th, 2014, 09:39 PM

But penguin is tasty.....nom nom nom.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2014, 09:39 PM

Right now it looks like NDSU, Ill State and another team.

I think the Valley gets at least 3 in.

IBleedYellow
October 11th, 2014, 09:40 PM

Lots of football left to play. I'm just worried for next week's game. 2 years ago we all know how that game ended.

centennial
October 11th, 2014, 09:41 PM

Not sure if serious.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Lots of football left to play. I'm just worried for next week's game. 2 years ago we all know how that game ended.

Like I said...right now. Yes, a lot of FB left to play.

Sycamore62
October 11th, 2014, 09:48 PM
Like I said...right now. Yes, a lot of FB left to play.

Can 4 teams get 8 D1 wins?

centennial
October 11th, 2014, 09:49 PM
Our CAA overlords will not be happy with that.

Drblankstare
October 11th, 2014, 09:51 PM
How weird would it be if Ind St ended the streak.

RabidRabbit
October 11th, 2014, 09:55 PM
SDSU recovers from their turnover in the 2nd qtr to win 32-28 over the MSU Bears. Wieneke continues his newcomer outstanding receptions with 10? catches, and nearly 200 yds, including 2 TD's. Zenner breaks into the top 10 FCS RB's all-time, going to 9th place. Lujan has a great passing day.

ysubigred
October 11th, 2014, 10:00 PM
YSU still sucks.... Until YSU can get some coaches that can game plan longer that 30 minutes it is miserable for us fans. WIU 30-24 xbawlingx

IBleedYellow
October 11th, 2014, 10:02 PM
How weird would it be if Ind St ended the streak.
Players are already talking about this game in the post game. They are hungry and ready.

ysubigred
October 11th, 2014, 10:07 PM

Dan and Montgomery are hanging out with each other too much.... xdizzyx

- - - Updated - - -

Players are already talking about this game in the post game. They are hungry and ready.

NDSU 31- ISU(b) 14

DoubleE
October 11th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Sure about that? :)

if after 5 years as coach you dont make the playoffs once, you should be fired. If the AD doesn't agree then he should be fired as well.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 11th, 2014, 10:10 PM

I think the Bison roll Ind State next week...xnodx

UNIFanSince1983
October 11th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Do we know what Perish's status is?

JayJ79
October 11th, 2014, 10:24 PM

Perishable

Sycamore62
October 11th, 2014, 10:49 PM

Probably a game day scratch today. I'm guessing it will be unknown next week too. Honestly, my assessment of Adam is that he is a redshirt freshman version of Perish. Less experience, practice and accuracy. I'm ok if he is our QB for the next 3 years (after these 6+ next games)

penguinpower
October 12th, 2014, 05:40 AM
What a mess. Outside of NDSU I couldn't say who will end up 2nd on down. Unbelievable at this point in the season. Might as well play roulette

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2014, 06:29 AM
What a mess. Outside of NDSU I couldn't say who will end up 2nd on down. Unbelievable at this point in the season. Might as well play roulette

Still early but agree with ya.

If the Bison play like that yesterday for the rest of the season then they will be tough to beat.

Big games next week:

USD @ MSU
Ind State @ NDSU
Ill State @ WIU
SIU @ YSU
SDSU @ UNI

TennBison
October 12th, 2014, 07:13 AM
if after 5 years as coach you dont make the playoffs once, you should be fired. If the AD doesn't agree then he should be fired as well.
Why stop there, go the distance and get better fans as well.

TennBison
October 12th, 2014, 07:24 AM

With this year being a 12 game season 8 D1 wins for the third and fourth teams from the MVFC probably will not be enough. My guess is 3 teams from the MVFC make it.
1st- Conference winner with a record of 10-2 or better.
2nd- 9-3
3rd- 8-4

Houndawg
October 12th, 2014, 07:29 AM
With this year being a 12 game season 8 D1 wins for the third and fourth teams from the MVFC probably will not be enough. My guess is 3 teams from the MVFC make it.
2nd- 9-3
3rd- 8-4

Thats going to take some luck. We have to catch the committee when they're in a mood to consider sos. Otherwise we get 2 and the CAA/Big Sky get 4.

DoubleE
October 12th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Perishable

ewww. this gave me a douche chill

PantherRob82
October 12th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Looks like every week going forward is going to have some elimination games. 2-3 teams could basically be eliminated next weekend barring some luck.

Houndawg
October 12th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Looks like every week going forward is going to have some elimination games. 2-3 teams could basically be eliminated next weekend barring some luck.

Whoever is still alive after the next month will be pretty softened-up.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2014, 07:57 AM
SDSU @ UNI will be huge for both teams.

Houndawg
October 12th, 2014, 08:23 AM

Tough pick, I'll probably wind up flipping a coin

Thumper 76
October 12th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Tough pick, I'll probably wind up flipping a coin

I'll help you out. SDSU is always terrible at UNI.

Houndawg
October 12th, 2014, 08:39 AM

Five one-loss teams in MVC play, four of them play each other this week and ISU plays NDSU, so we'll get some separation for the two winners which may or may not mean anything...

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Five one-loss teams in MVC play, four of them play each other this week and ISU plays NDSU, so we'll get some separation for the two winners which may or may not mean anything...

How does SIU play at YSU?

I haven't followed how teams do against others but does SIU fair pretty well at YSU or do they have a tough time winning there?

GABison
October 12th, 2014, 09:07 AM
2nd- 9-3
3rd- 8-4

Have to disagree with you Tenn, I think all 8-4 MVFC teams get in. I think a 7-5 team might even have a shot.

RabidRabbit
October 12th, 2014, 09:25 AM
7-5 could work as long as the 7 wins are all D-I wins, not lower level wins.

Houndawg
October 12th, 2014, 10:46 AM
How does SIU play at YSU?

I haven't followed how teams do against others but does SIU fair pretty well at YSU or do they have a tough time winning there?

better than at Fargo.

unigriff
October 12th, 2014, 11:11 AM
USD @ MSU (MSU is better than advertised, Earl is back for USD at QB but I think MSU wins at home)
Ind State @ NDSU (No Perish and @ NDSU, Bison should roll)
Ill State @ WIU (Should be a good game in Macomb, still gotta go with the reds)
SIU @ YSU (SIU in a rout)
SDSU @ UNI (GOTW at least in the Valley. Not an elimination game but surely a great positioning game. Zenner didn't have a great first half against MSU but came alive in the 2nd. Panthers have held Zenner to 9 for 37 in '11 in SD, 20 for 113 in '12, 31 for 122 and a TD in '13 in SD. It will be a battle of the RBs Saturday in Cedar Falls). No Idea. Maybe Panthers by 1 at home. Prob. OT game.

That would make the standings:

NDSU 7-0, (3-0)
ISUr 6-0, (3-0)
SIU 6-2, (3-1)
UNI 4-3, (2-1)
SDSU 4-3, (1-2)
ISUb 4-3, (1-2)
YSU 4-3, (1-2)
MSU 4-3, (1-2)
WIU 3-5, (1-3)
USD 2-5, (0-3)

Sycamore62
October 12th, 2014, 11:28 AM
So there is potential to have 2 undefeated teams on the season in the mvfc

Hammersmith
October 12th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Yep. Love to see NDSU and ISUr both go undefeated and get seeded 1/2 and then meet in Frisco for an MVFC title game.

GABison
October 12th, 2014, 11:37 AM

You are correct. NDSU and ISUred do not play this year.

Houndawg
October 12th, 2014, 11:53 AM
USD @ MSU (MSU is better than advertised, Earl is back for USD at QB but I think MSU wins at home)
Ind State @ NDSU (No Perish and @ NDSU, Bison should roll)
Ill State @ WIU (Should be a good game in Macomb, still gotta go with the reds)
SDSU @ UNI (GOTW at least in the Valley. Not an elimination game but surely a great positioning game. Zenner didn't have a great first half against MSU but came alive in the 2nd. Panthers have held Zenner to 9 for 37 in '11 in SD, 20 for 113 in '12, 31 for 122 and a TD in '13 in SD. It will be a battle of the RBs Saturday in Cedar Falls). No Idea. Maybe Panthers by 1 at home. Prob. OT game.

That would make the standings:

NDSU 7-0, (3-0)
ISUr 6-0, (3-0)
SIU 6-2, (3-1)
UNI 4-3, (2-1)
SDSU 4-3, (1-2)
ISUb 4-3, (1-2)
YSU 4-3, (1-2)
MSU 4-3, (1-2)
WIU 3-5, (1-3)
USD 2-5, (0-3)

This, except the Necks are due... they pull the upset at home

Sycamore62
October 12th, 2014, 11:59 AM

I made that sound like too much of a question and less like a "wow, this could happen"

GABison
October 12th, 2014, 12:11 PM
S62, you must be an attorney. Asking a question that you already know the answer to. Sly dog.

Now, the question is where would the battle royale happen? TCF field in the Twin Cities?

Western_101
October 12th, 2014, 02:30 PM
MVFC top to bottom is a better conference than the MAC, Sunbelt, and CUSA. However it plays out I firmly believe whomever the last place team in the MVFC is would be the First place team in ANY of the other FCS conferences.

MVFC is the SEC of FCS, if MVFC does not get at least 4 teams into playoff field it would be appropriate as a conference to consult with private investigative bodies to determine where the corruption lies. There could be legal ramifications.

BisoNick
October 12th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Will Perish be playing this weekend?

ValleyTalk
October 12th, 2014, 02:40 PM

I'm fine with you picking SIU, but a rout? You base that on what?

Sycamore62
October 12th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Will Perish be playing this weekend?

Story in the paper was that he was a game time scratch. I don't know much about protocols, do you start getting better or all the sudden you pass. It makes me think he was close to ready but you guys might know more than me about how it works

underdawg
October 12th, 2014, 03:38 PM
You are correct. NDSU and ISUred do not play this year.

And they are partying in Birdville because of that fact!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 12th, 2014, 03:39 PM
MVFC top to bottom is a better conference than the MAC, Sunbelt, and CUSA. However it plays out I firmly believe whomever the last place team in the MVFC is would be the First place team in ANY of the other FCS conferences.

MVFC is the SEC of FCS, if MVFC does not get at least 4 teams into playoff field it would be appropriate as a conference to consult with private investigative bodies to determine where the corruption lies. There could be legal ramifications.

You can't be serious? That's taking delusional to a whole new level xdrunkyx

underdawg
October 12th, 2014, 03:45 PM
Probably a game day scratch today. I'm guessing it will be unknown next week too. Honestly, my assessment of Adam is that he is a redshirt freshman version of Perish. Less experience, practice and accuracy. I'm ok if he is our QB for the next 3 years (after these 6+ next games)

Ha-ha, you are right, I turned on the game and didn't realize it wasn't Perish till the ESPN3 announcer said so! I thought he did very-very well.

semobison
October 12th, 2014, 03:52 PM
You can't be serious? That's taking delusional to a whole new level xdrunkyx

If he would have said the last place team in the MVFC COULD CONTEND IN MOST FCS conferences I would have to agree! South Dakota is a pretty darn good football team. Beat NAU, played the Griz tough in Missoula. No easy games in the Valley this year!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 12th, 2014, 03:55 PM
If he would have said the last place team in the MVFC COULD CONTEND IN MOST FCS conferences I would have to agree! South Dakota is a pretty darn good football team. Beat NAU, played the Griz tough in Missoula. No easy games in the Valley this year!

Villanova and UNH are REALLY good in the CAA. Those two are definitely title contenders......

CCU, Jax State and EWU keep winning too....

semobison
October 12th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Villanova and UNH are REALLY good in the CAA. Those two are definitely title contenders......

Last years playoffs in consecutive weeks, NDSU 48 CCU 14 then NDSU 52 UNH 14. Easier games than we played in the Valley all year!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 12th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Last years playoffs in consecutive weeks, NDSU 48 CCU 14 then NDSU 52 UNH 14. Easier games than we played in the Valley all year!

That has zero bearing on this year. CCU won in -20 weather in Missoula the previous week. They were not going into the Fargo Dome the next week and pulling off another miracle. UNH was a year away last year. They basically played great ball towards the end of the year until they ran into NDSU. Those scores are about how good NDSU was relative to the rest of FCS. Not an indictment of CCU or UNH last year or this year....

FargoBison
October 12th, 2014, 04:23 PM

I like most of those teams but I am not buying into CCU yet. Very unimpressive 7-0 team.

semobison
October 12th, 2014, 04:26 PM
That has zero bearing on this year. CCU won in -20 weather in Missoula the previous week. They were not going into the Fargo Dome the next week and pulling off another miracle. UNH was a year away last year. They basically played great ball towards the end of the year until they ran into NDSU. Those scores are about how good NDSU was relative to the rest of FCS. Not an indictment of CCU or UNH last year or this year....

What is relevant is that NDSU played better competition last year in their own conference than in the playoffs and this year the conference is even better!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 12th, 2014, 04:31 PM
What is relevant is that NDSU played better competition last year in their own conference than in the playoffs and this year the conference is even better!

Your conference games should always be more difficult. Those are teams see you every year, kind of. There's just much more intimate knowledge with conference foes. Plus there's usually one or two rivalry games you must deal with as well. That's why Butler couldn't win 5 games in a row in the Horizon League but made a return trip to the national finals.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Your conference games should always be more difficult. Those are teams see you every year, kind of. There's just much more intimate knowledge with conference foes. Plus there's usually one or two rivalry games you must deal with as well. That's why Butler couldn't win 5 games in a row in the Horizon League but made a return trip to the national finals.

Conference foes always play each other tougher. You're right.

That is why I love the playoffs because teams are not use to the style of play the Bison use.

Western_101
October 12th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Ok, the bottom of the Valley contends for the top in other leagues.

People Ok with that? Perhaps some of where my ill will comes from is that there are too many weak leagues getting autos. Also seems to be a significant amount of voting coming from the East.

Western is a flawed team that ranks at the bottom of the Valley that held Melvin Gordin (heisman candiatate) to an astonishing and embarassing 38 yards rushing and his team (Wisconsin) to one touchdown in the first half. We hung with BIG NorthWestern and led most of the game against NDSU (3 time defending National Champion) they were able to scratch out a win and beat us by 7. We went to #10 Youngstown State and beat them at their Big and Loud Stadium.

Mind you folks lowly ol' Western is a bottom dweller of the MVFC.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Ok, the bottom of the Valley contends for the top in other leagues.

People Ok with that? Perhaps some of where my ill will comes from is that there are too many weak leagues getting autos. Also seems to be a significant amount of voting coming from the East.

Western is a flawed team that ranks at the bottom of the Valley that held Melvin Gordin (heisman candiatate) to an astonishing and embarassing 38 yards rushing and his team (Wisconsin) to one touchdown in the first half. We hung with BIG NorthWestern and led most of the game against NDSU (3 time defending National Champion) they were able to scratch out a win and beat us by 7. We went to #10 Youngstown State and beat them at their Big and Loud Stadium.

Mind you folks lowly ol' Western is a bottom dweller of the MVFC.

Western could compete and beat many top teams in the FCS. People will just look at the record and assume they are mediocre or bad. Western has a tough defense and very good coaching.

Western is on the rise.

Kemo
October 12th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Perhaps some of where my ill will comes from is that there are too many weak leagues getting autos.
I don't have a problem with the auto bids, even in the weak leagues. I think if you win your conference you should get the opportunity to compete against the rest of the field.

My issue is teams with a weak schedule getting at-large bids. If you're in a traditionally lower tier league, you better have a tougher OOC schedule to prove that you belong. You should not be rewarded for having a good record by ducking quality opponents and not winning your league.

Cocky
October 12th, 2014, 05:16 PM

EWU beat SDSU by 24 while NDSU only won by 20, EIU beat ISUr by 33 while NDSU only won by 18 are you saying EWU and EIU were better than NDSU last year? I think a few people would argue with you.

UNHWildcat18
October 12th, 2014, 05:38 PM
EWU beat SDSU by 24 while NDSU only won by 20, EIU beat ISUr by 33 while NDSU only won by 18 are you saying EWU and EIU were better than NDSU last year? I think a few people would argue with you.

You also need to remember that valley teams are used to NDSU's style and have to play them at their place year in and year out. Us and CC indeed did get crushed by a superior team but it was also our first time against them and in that kind of atmosphere.
Haha just realized that post is for Semobison but I'm too lazy to go find is post.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 12th, 2014, 05:43 PM

EWU lost to Towson which NDSU crushed.....

centennial
October 12th, 2014, 06:01 PM
You also need to remember that valley teams are used to NDSU's style and have to play them at their place year in and year out. Us and CC indeed did get crushed by a superior team but it was also our first time against them and in that kind of atmosphere.
Haha just realized that post is for Semobison but I'm too lazy to go find is post.
MVFC is by far the best league in the FCS. Even if we make it to the playoff we are matched against each other. The regionalization kills it. 23-1 and ranked above several FBS conferences proves it. We could have easily scored 70-80 on UNH. I like the convoluted logic that every one uses.
But playoffs
But only NDSU
But last year we beat the #2 team in the MVFC.
Do these stats mean anything to you?
vs. FCS: 23-1 (avg score 40-14)

vs. Big Sky: 7-1 (avg score 31-12)

vs. OVC: 6-0 (avg score 46-14)

vs. Southland: 3-0 (avg score 42-19)

vs. Big South: 1-0 (avg score 38-19)

vs. SWAC: 1-0 (avg score 62-0)

vs. NEC: 2-0 (avg score 43-23)

vs. PFL: 3-0 (avg score 42-11)

UNH Fanboi
October 12th, 2014, 06:20 PM
MVFC is by far the best league in the FCS. Even if we make it to the playoff we are matched against each other. The regionalization kills it. 23-1 and ranked above several FBS conferences proves it. We could have easily scored 70-80 on UNH. I like the convoluted logic that every one uses.
But playoffs
But only NDSU

Calm down. Nobody is arguing that the MVFC is not the best conference this year.

Bisonator
October 12th, 2014, 06:40 PM
I don't have a problem with the auto bids, even in the weak leagues. I think if you win your conference you should get the opportunity to compete against the rest of the field.

My issue is teams with a weak schedule getting at-large bids. If you're in a traditionally lower tier league, you better have a tougher OOC schedule to prove that you belong. You should not be rewarded for having a good record by ducking quality opponents and not winning your league.

This is my thoughts too. Still waiting for the SRS to come out.....xrolleyesx

semobison
October 12th, 2014, 06:58 PM

No, what I am saying is UNH and CCU would have been mid pack at best in the MVFC last season and would not have made the playoffs!

UNHWildcat18
October 12th, 2014, 07:01 PM
But playoffs
But only NDSU

Are you daft? I didn't say that MVFC was not the best, I even said UNH and CC got beat by a far superior team. All I said was it helps when you play teams year in year out and are used to their atmosphere vs 1st timers. Hence why NDSU vs some MVFC teams were closer than the best teams in other leagues vs the other MVFC teams, even though NDSU would CRUSH the teams from the other league. SDSU played NDSU better than Towson, yet towson beat the team that crushed SDSU with a backup qb..... I'm not trying to point out who is better logic. Only saying there are certain trends in competitiveness that has been seen in the mvfc conference games vs teams outside of conference in the playoffs as of late.

UNHWildcat18
October 12th, 2014, 07:05 PM
No, what I am saying is UNH and CCU would have been mid pack at best in the MVFC last season and would not have made the playoffs!

I don't those assumptions are even worth making or thinking about, look what EWU did to SDSU who was what second in conference? then Towson beat them with a backup qb... Think this comparing a team to where they would be in a conference is all silly hooplah

FargoBison
October 12th, 2014, 07:09 PM

Not sure I agree completely, UNH had just been through some battles and a ton of travel. Some teams just wear down and things really unravel. There is a reason why homefield is so massive in the playoffs.

semobison
October 12th, 2014, 08:02 PM
I don't those assumptions are even worth making or thinking about, look what EWU did to SDSU who was what second in conference? then Towson beat them with a backup qb... Think this comparing a team to where they would be in a conference is all silly hooplah

I never brought up EWU, or Towson...wow! UNH and CC completely crapped the bed against NDSU, they didn't show up, got embarrassed...bad... so In my opinion that tells you something about what kind of team they had! The Valley only had 2 playoff teams last season and they were both better than CC and UNH IMO!

caribbeanhen
October 12th, 2014, 08:11 PM
Semo , you are soooooo CAA fan

Cocky
October 12th, 2014, 09:29 PM
Who knows, the OVC had a winning record against the MVC last year. Does that mean SDSU would have been mid pack and at home if they were in the OVC?

semobison
October 12th, 2014, 09:44 PM
Who knows, the OVC had a winning record against the MVC last year. Does that mean SDSU would have been mid pack and at home if they were in the OVC?

Yep, who knows. SDSU did play the OVC champ in the playoffs in 2011. Score was 58-10 I believe.

jacoj21
October 12th, 2014, 10:21 PM
I never brought up EWU, or Towson...wow! UNH and CC completely crapped the bed against NDSU, they didn't show up, got embarrassed...bad... so In my opinion that tells you something about what kind of team they had! The Valley only had 2 playoff teams last season and they were both better than CC and UNH IMO!

Good lord, you love bringing the transitive property into your arguments, but whenever a non-NDSU fan does the same thing, it's so flippin blasphemous.

And seriously, enough with bringing up last year's playoffs. NDSU beat the ever living **** out of every team outside of UNI and Kansas St. This "UNH and Coastal Carolina are garbage cause they got blown out by NDSU" argument is so extremely stupid. They won the games that they needed to, and the only thing they did wrong was get placed on the same side of the playoff bracket as NDSU.

Cocky
October 12th, 2014, 10:36 PM
Yep, who knows. SDSU did play the OVC champ in the playoffs in 2011. Score was 58-10 I believe.
We beat Florida State in 1947 so I guess we would win every FCS conference in 2014.

Sycamore62
October 12th, 2014, 10:51 PM
Best team in FCS over the last 3 years

semobison
October 13th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Good lord, you love bringing the transitive property into your arguments, but whenever a non-NDSU fan does the same thing, it's so flippin blasphemous.

And seriously, enough with bringing up last year's playoffs. NDSU beat the ever living **** out of every team outside of UNI and Kansas St. This "UNH and Coastal Carolina are garbage cause they got blown out by NDSU" argument is so extremely stupid. They won the games that they needed to, and the only thing they did wrong was get placed on the same side of the playoff bracket as NDSU.

Sure they won the games they needed to in the regular season and I never said they were garbage. It should be a compliment to them that they are compared to the mid pack MVFC teams! I give them credit for that. My point is and has been in this whole argument that IMO the Valley deserved more than 2 playoff teams last season and that IMO UNH and CC were NOT as good as the 2 Valley teams that did made the playoffs! Blasphemous?

Professor Chaos
October 13th, 2014, 09:25 AM
So now that we're at the halfway point of the season who's the favorite for conference coach of the year? There's a lot of deserving candidates. I'd have to thank Mike Sanford (ISU blue) is the leader with the incredible turnaround he's overseen but Brock Spack at ISU red should get consideration with how well his Redbirds have played to this point and even Chris Klieman at NDSU has to be in the conversation with how he's kept the Bison machine rolling through all the transition in the last year. Even Bob Nielson at WIU deserves some consideration and could really vault himself into the picture if they keep playing their conference foes as tough as they played NDSU and YSU.

There's a lot of good football coaches in this conference along with good players.

Nova09
October 13th, 2014, 09:26 AM

Well by your wacky logic Nova was up 38-14 on Towson at the half and if it wasn't a midseason game would have kept the pedal to the medal and obliterated Towson in a way NDSU couldn't come close to, so I guess if Nova wasn't stuck in the CAA they could have cakewalked through the MVFC and been national champions last year. xrolleyesx

semobison
October 13th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Well by your wacky logic Nova was up 38-14 on Towson at the half and if it wasn't a midseason game would have kept the pedal to the medal and obliterated Towson in a way NDSU couldn't come close to, so I guess if Nova wasn't stuck in the CAA they could have cakewalked through the MVFC and been national champions last year. xrolleyesx

Umm,,no, by my wacky logic, when you are compared to a mid pack Valley team it is really much more of a compliment than you would think!

Winindy
October 13th, 2014, 09:55 AM
So now that we're at the halfway point of the season who's the favorite for conference coach of the year? There's a lot of deserving candidates. I'd have to thank Mike Sanford (ISU blue) is the leader with the incredible turnaround he's overseen but Brock Spack at ISU red should get consideration with how well his Redbirds have played to this point and even Chris Klieman at NDSU has to be in the conversation with how he's kept the Bison machine rolling through all the transition in the last year. Even Bob Nielson at WIU deserves some consideration and could really vault himself into the picture if they keep playing their conference foes as tough as they played NDSU and YSU.

There's a lot of good football coaches in this conference along with good players.

I think I'd have to go with Mike Sanford. I went to the NDSU @ ISU (blue) last year, and they were beyond bad. Granted, they were playing the 2 time defending champ, but they covered no one in the secondary or on special teams. There was a TD to Ryan Smith that I think the nearest Sycamore was in the locker room getting treatment. The whole Shakir Bell situation was a mess. The team was a disaster before they got on the field.

This year, they don't look like the same team. The win at Ball State wasn't a fluke. They beat an ok Liberty team, they beat an above average UNI, and they lost a hear breaker to an pretty good red squad. Even if this team goes down with 1 win in the MVFC, they are a complete turnaround from 2013-14. They fight for everything. Coach has them playing football.

JSUBison
October 13th, 2014, 10:41 AM
But playoffs
But only NDSU

With that great OOC record, I'd say it's definitely put up or shut up time for teams not named NDSU when it comes to the playoffs. If the MVC can't get 2 teams in the final four this year, that would be an embarrassing failure. The last time a team other than NDSU won more than one game in the playoffs was 6 years ago.

Twentysix
October 13th, 2014, 10:43 AM
You can't gurantee that more than 2 teams will make the playoffs, and you also can't gurantee they won't be pitted against eachother before the final four.

I mean, I'm going to argue for 5, and we have potential for the #1 and #2 seeds to be out of the MVFC, but i'm saying its totally possible for what you're saying to be impossible.

clenz
October 13th, 2014, 10:46 AM
You can't gurantee that more than 2 teams will make the playoffs, and you also can't gurantee they won't be pitted against eachother before the final four.
This is the issue, and the Big Sky will see it as well.

There is a very strong chance that there will be at least 1 match up of MVFC teams in the "second" round.

If 3 teams get in the 2 on the same side of the bracket will meet before the quarters....

semobison
October 13th, 2014, 11:39 AM
With that great OOC record, I'd say it's definitely put up or shut up time for teams not named NDSU when it comes to the playoffs. If the MVC can't get 2 teams in the final four this year, that would be an embarrassing failure. The last time a team other than NDSU won more than one game in the playoffs was 6 years ago.

Cant really say the Jacks have played poor in the playoffs recently. In 2012 they pounded EIU and then faced us the next round and lost. Last year they beat #8 NAU then lost to #3 EWU, a better team.
In 2012 ISUr beat App the first round then lost a close game to # 4 EWU....So, the MVFC other playoff teams are 3-0 against teams not named NDSU or EWU in the playoffs the last two years. The Sky had 4 teams last year and 3 lost their first round game!

Bisonator
October 13th, 2014, 11:53 AM
It would also help if the MVFC teams that get in have more then 1 home game but that never seems to happen either.

clenz
October 13th, 2014, 11:55 AM
It would also help if the MVFC teams that get in have more then 1 home game but that never seems to happen either.
Usually getting thrown against seeded teams doesn't help.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 13th, 2014, 11:55 AM

That could said about anyone though. Winning more than one road game in the playoffs is a very tall task....

Nova09
October 13th, 2014, 11:58 AM
That could said about anyone though. Winning more than one road game in the playoffs is a very tall task....

Yeah, UNH took a road path far, and along the way Maine was forced to play their biggest rival. So CAA knocked off CAA. It happens, just the way playoffs work.

semobison
October 13th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Since 2010 the only time a MVFC team made the playoffs and didn't win their first round game was UNI in 2010!

Twentysix
October 13th, 2014, 12:04 PM

Agreed.

unigriff
October 13th, 2014, 12:44 PM
Since 2010 the only time a MVFC team made the playoffs and didn't win their first round game was UNI in 2010!

And that was a season we never should have been in the playoffs in the first place so I don't count that.

Sycamore62
October 13th, 2014, 12:49 PM
What will happen is the 3rd or 4th team (I'm going ISUb) in the mvfc will play the pioneer winner or another limp in team only to play a conference team in the 2nd round. Travel will have no bearing on who they play.

Edit: the reason is to get rid of a contender level team. Kind of like last year's OVC only the opposite reason so they could guarantee a team in the round of 8

rokamortis
October 13th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Just wanted to summarize the rules for the playoff committee.

1) The MVFC gets at least 5 teams in the playoffs this year
2) The MVFC teams can not meet until the semi-finals.
3) None of the MVFC teams will have road games until the finals in Frisco.
4) Even if the math doesn't work out, make it happen

Sycamore62
October 13th, 2014, 05:09 PM

Seems like a fair trade for recent years

IBleedYellow
October 13th, 2014, 05:13 PM

Correct.

We'll have the semifinals and finals in Frisco.

Herder
October 13th, 2014, 05:16 PM
What will happen is the 3rd or 4th team (I'm going ISUb) in the mvfc will play the pioneer winner or another limp in team only to play a conference team in the 2nd round. Travel will have no bearing on who they play.

Edit: the reason is to get rid of a contender level team. Kind of like last year's OVC only the opposite reason so they could guarantee a team in the round of 8

Ya, that's the reason that MT, MT State, and EWU play each other every year in the 2nd round of the playoffs when one of them is ranked and the other is not. Oh wait, that never, ever, ever, ever, ever happens. Nevermind, separate rules for the BSC.

KUlawJack
October 13th, 2014, 05:16 PM

Boom! Make it happen.

We can play three teams in one semi-final right? Just give NDSU a bye to the semis and have the two teams that make it play each other to play NDSU in the semis.

Math.

mmiller_34
October 13th, 2014, 07:53 PM
Our only hope of not meeting other MVFC teams in the playoffs is to have multiple Big Sky teams get in like last year so we can match up with them 1st & second rounds. LETS GO BIG SKY!!

Or if Youngstown & Indiana State make it, then they'll probably ship them out east if they don't host.

caribbeanhen
October 13th, 2014, 08:23 PM
To compare the MVFC with a 70's band - Paul McCartney and Wings and guess who Paul is? and who the heck were Wings anyway?

Sorry, just not buying into the hype just yet

clenz
October 13th, 2014, 08:33 PM
To compare the MVFC with a 70's band - Paul McCartney and Wings and guess who Paul is? and who the heck were Wings anyway?

honestly if 23-1 OOC doesn't do it, what will short of SIU/UNI/SDSU/ISUr winning a title at this point?

The MVFC needs a larger number of teams in the playoffs to prove it meets perception.

Giving the conference 2 teams and then saying it doesn't because the second team in was knocked out by a top 5 team, on the road, actually proves very little.

The CAA and Big Sky have advanced teams late into the playoffs, but based purely on number of entrants it's damn near impossible for that not to happen.

It would be interesting to see the CAA draw someone other than the MEAC, NEC, PFL, etc... in the first round or 2.

It's been pointed out there that other than a UNI team that won a complete dog **** MVFC in 2011 is the only MVFC to lose their first playoff game in over a half decade, with most of those being played on the road. That's not too shabby. There aren't too many teams that have gone on the road and made a run to the title, or even title game, are there?

UNI knocked off #1 and #3 on the road in 2005 on the way to the title game. Any other examples?

caribbeanhen
October 13th, 2014, 09:21 PM
lots of football left to play yet, let's see how things shake out, I would be all in with the MVFC getting 4 to 5 teams in the playoffs, the CAA only deserves 2 or 3 this year, way down from the years when you could make a good case for 7 CAA teams going, I would hate to see how giddy you Valley guys would be if you ran off a streak like the CAA did, but as I remember the CAA guys were a bit giddy themselves... ha

centennial
October 13th, 2014, 09:28 PM
lots of football left to play yet, let's see how things shake out, I would be all in with the MVFC getting 4 to 5 teams in the playoffs, the CAA only deserves 2 or 3 this year, way down from the years when you could make a good case for 7 CAA teams going, I would hate to see how giddy you Valley guys would be if you ran off a streak like the CAA did, but as I remember the CAA guys were a bit giddy themselves... ha
I've looked at the last 10 year numbers. The CAA has never been rated over multiple FBS conferences, maybe 1. You guys haven't been as dominant as claimed but still got a lot of playoff teams. Frankly with what's been going on with the committee I would be happy with 4, the reality is the valley should have 6. USD as the worst team in the valley barely lost to Montana and beat NAU which was a playoff team last year.

caribbeanhen
October 13th, 2014, 09:31 PM
honestly if 23-1 OOC doesn't do it, what will short of SIU/UNI/SDSU/ISUr winning a title at this point?

The MVFC needs a larger number of teams in the playoffs to prove it meets perception.

Giving the conference 2 teams and then saying it doesn't because the second team in was knocked out by a top 5 team, on the road, actually proves very little.

The CAA and Big Sky have advanced teams late into the playoffs, but based purely on number of entrants it's damn near impossible for that not to happen.

It would be interesting to see the CAA draw someone other than the MEAC, NEC, PFL, etc... in the first round or 2.

It's been pointed out there that other than a UNI team that won a complete dog **** MVFC in 2011 is the only MVFC to lose their first playoff game in over a half decade, with most of those being played on the road. That's not too shabby. There aren't too many teams that have gone on the road and made a run to the title, or even title game, are there?

UNI knocked off #1 and #3 on the road in 2005 on the way to the title game. Any other examples?

actually Maine played UNH in the second round, Midwest bias pairing up CAA teams early like that ...

MR. CHICKEN
October 13th, 2014, 09:57 PM

19837........2004 JMU NATIONAL TITLE RUN.......BEAT #2 FURMAN..&..#3 WM & MARY....ON DUH ROAD.....AN' WON THE TITLE GAME...AGIN' MONTANA 31-21.....19838......BRAWK!

............................................2007 DELAWARE........BEAT #1 N. IOWA....&....#4 S. ILLINOIS....ON DUH ROAD....AN' LOST TA APPALACHIAN STATE IN TITLE GAME....xpopcornx...BRAWK!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 13th, 2014, 10:02 PM
19837........2004 JMU NATIONAL TITLE RUN.......BEAT #2 FURMAN..&..#3 WM & MARY....ON DUH ROAD.....AN' WON THE TITLE GAME...AGIN' MONTANA 31-21.....19838......BRAWK!

As well as a darn good Lehigh team on the road....ohh those 7 downs.....:(

Nova09
October 14th, 2014, 09:45 AM

Have you blocked 2008 Richmond coming into the dome from your memory?

RabidRabbit
October 14th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Regionalization really hurts the western schools of the MVFC. Unfortunately, there are only three FCS teams within driving distance to Fargo. USD, SDSU, and UND.

Should UND/NDSU ever both be in the play-offs from their respective conferences, they will get matched together.

Likewise, it is a plane ride anywhere for the Dakota schools. Who else is always a plane ride in the play-offs? Big Sky teams. Therefore, it's nearly a foregone conclusion that MVFC (especially the western schools) will get matched to the Big Sky (possibly Southland).

The eastern MVFC will have better luck getting matched up against a NEC or Patriot, even a midwestern Pioneer. SDSU would have made round of 8, if not 4 if they could have gone the TN ST route last season rather than NAU/EWU. The Jax St. game would have been a good game.

semobison
October 14th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Gotta love you CAA fans! We go 23-1 OOC and your "not buying into it", followed by bringing up the Glory Days! When EWU beat Delaware in the natty in 2010 you guys were knocked off your royal throne!

clenz
October 14th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Have you blocked 2008 Richmond coming into the dome from your memory?
They didn't play every game on the road - the question being asked.

UNHWildcat18
October 14th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Gotta love you CAA fans! We go 23-1 OOC and your "not buying into it", followed by bringing up the Glory Days! When EWU beat Delaware in the natty in 2010 you guys were knocked off your royal throne!

Who said they weren't buying into it? Mvfc was number one conference last year and is this year. Also sticks and stones may break my bones but thank ****ing god I don't live in North Dakota. Good thing you have a good football team because that's about all you have to entertain yourselves with during the year.

P.S. Sorry I guess I can't speak for carribeanhen. But I buy into it. Caa went rampant all over the playoffs years ago. Now you guys are, trends occur.

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2014, 10:46 AM

........IT WAS........BAH DUH CHAIN GANG.......SO DON'T CRY.......WHEN DUH ZEBRAS.....POKE YA'S....IN DUH EGG-HOLE...19845....AWK!

semobison
October 14th, 2014, 10:47 AM

Right here Bud!

semobison
October 14th, 2014, 10:50 AM
Who said they weren't buying into it? Mvfc was number one conference last year and is this year. Also sticks and stones may break my bones but thank ****ing god I don't live in North Dakota. Good thing you have a good football team because that's about all you have to entertain yourselves with during the year.

P.S. Sorry I guess I can't speak for carribeanhen. But I buy into it. Caa went rampant all over the playoffs years ago. Now you guys are, trends occur.

Yep, apology accepted, except for the North Dakota bashing. We don't forget that ****!

Bison56
October 14th, 2014, 10:51 AM

We have lots of beer.xdrunkyx

Bisonator
October 14th, 2014, 10:53 AM

Come on man you're better then that........xsmhx

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2014, 10:55 AM
We have lots of beer.xdrunkyx

19846.....UH....ER....EH.....UMMMMM.......BEER IS EVERAH-WHERE.......xrolleyesx.....BRAWK!

344Johnson
October 14th, 2014, 10:57 AM

Vintage ND smack. So creative.

UNHWildcat18
October 14th, 2014, 10:57 AM
Come on man you're better then that........xsmhx

Yeahhhhh.... Sorry 😞

Bisonator
October 14th, 2014, 11:00 AM
Yeahhhhh.... Sorry 

Apology accepted. xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
October 14th, 2014, 11:01 AM
Vintage ND smack. So creative.

You gotta give him a break. I'm pretty sure that he feels about ND the same way Ned Beatty's character in Deliverance thinks about rural Georgia.

Bison56
October 14th, 2014, 11:01 AM
19846.....UH....ER....EH.....UMMMMM.......BEER IS EVERAH-WHERE.......xrolleyesx.....BRAWK!

You don't say?

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2014, 11:22 AM

19847........AN' YET....CAA MANAGED TWO SQWADS...IN DUH SEMIS.......NEITHER WAS OURAH CONFERENCE CHAMP....&....ONE HAD TA PLAY OURAH CONFERENCE CHAMP...TA GET DERE.19848....AWK!

semobison
October 14th, 2014, 12:01 PM
19847........AN' YET....CAA MANAGED TWO SQWADS...IN DUH SEMIS.......NEITHER WAS OURAH CONFERENCE CHAMP....&....ONE HAD TA PLAY OURAH CONFERENCE CHAMP...TA GET DERE.19848....AWK!

Geez, the CAA must have been better, The Valley only had two teams in the playoffs.......wait, that's what this thread is about...getting screwed!

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2014, 12:27 PM
....19850...WE GET IT.....VALLEY BOYS.......YER GOOD....YER SCREWED......NUFFIN BUT PRAIRIE GRASS...BETWEEN YER INSTITUTIONS......IS CLENZ...RUNNIN' FO' CONFERENCE COMMISH....xconfusedx...BUT EVERAH ARGUMENT YA BRING UP....WE CAN SHOW SOLID FACTS.............CLENZ...ASKS IFIN' ANYONE WINS ON DUH PLAYOFF ROAD....BESIDES MV'S...GAVE HIM EXAMPLES.......YA'LL SAY YER CONFERENCE IS HEAD & SHOULDERS OVERAH EVERAH ONE ELSE.....YET FACTS SHOW......TWO CAA'S IN SEMIS...ONE IN FINAL....WIN MORE...GET MORE IN......CAIN'T HEP...WHAT SELECTION COMMITTEES...CHOOSE.......HEY DEY'RE MADE UP O' CONFERENCE COMMISH'S HUH?.........WHEN CAA WAS HIGH FLYIN'...WE HAD GREAT AMOUNTS UH OUTTAH CONFERENCE W'S....TOO....AN' OURAH SHARE O' FBS HIDES........TIME FO'....YA'LL TA SETTLE DOWN.......TAKE CARE O' IT......ON DHU GRIDIRON.....#91 PAGES UH TEARS.....SHOOD BE 'NUFF....xwavex...GEEZ!!!!!!!!!......ER....BRAWK!

NoDak 4 Ever
October 14th, 2014, 12:31 PM
Looks like the Chicken needs to adjust the post per page IFIN YAH GOT 91 PAGES!

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Looks like the Chicken needs to adjust the post per page IFIN YAH GOT 91 PAGES!

19851.......DAT'S..ALL YA GOT..........xrolleyesx.........DIVIDE 909 POSTS......HOWEVERAH YA LIKE....STILL EQUALS......BIG PUDDLE UH TEARS.......xnodxxnodx........BRAWK!

UNH Fanboi
October 14th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I've looked at the last 10 year numbers. The CAA has never been rated over multiple FBS conferences, maybe 1. You guys haven't been as dominant as claimed but still got a lot of playoff teams. Frankly with what's been going on with the committee I would be happy with 4, the reality is the valley should have 6. USD as the worst team in the valley barely lost to Montana and beat NAU which was a playoff team last year.

I was looking at the final Sagarin ratings a few days ago and in 2004 the A-10/CAA had 6 teams in the top 10 and was ranked above Conference USA, Sun Belt and the MAC, essentially the same conferences that the MVFC is currently ranked over.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2004/teams/?fullsite=true

Try again.

Also, in its heyday the CAA had multiple legitimate championship contenders. In 2008, the 3rd place team from the CAA South won the championship with only one home game. What has anyone besides NDSU accomplished during the MVFC's current reign, besides complain a lot?

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2014, 12:53 PM
I was looking at the final Sagarin ratings a few days ago and in 2004 the A-10/CAA had 6 teams in the top 10 and was ranked above Conference USA, Sun Belt and the MAC, essentially the same conferences that the MVFC is currently ranked over.

Try again.

Also, in its heyday the CAA had multiple legitimate championship contenders. In 2008, the 3rd place team from the CAA South won the championship. What has anyone besides NDSU accomplished during the MVFC's current reign, besides complain a lot?

19854...OUCH!....MO' FACTS.......:D...BRAWK!

NoDak 4 Ever
October 14th, 2014, 12:55 PM

Try again.

Also, in its heyday the CAA had multiple legitimate championship contenders. In 2008, the 3rd place team from the CAA South won the championship with only one home game. What has anyone besides NDSU accomplished during the MVFC's current reign, besides complain a lot?

Well, besides giving them a better game than anyone in the CAA?

Mattymc727
October 14th, 2014, 01:00 PM

Its easier to prep for a team you see year in and year out. A lot of CAA cellar dwellers like URI have given UNH close games in the past when they shouldnt have.

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2014, 01:03 PM
xpopcornx

UNH Fanboi
October 14th, 2014, 01:07 PM

You mean like middle of the pack A-10 teams against Delaware in 2003?

Here are Delaware's playoff scores:
SIU 48-7
UNI 37-7
Wofford 24-9
Colgate 40-0

Here are some their regular season games vs mediocre A-10 teams:
UNH (5-7) 22-21
Maine (6-5) 24-21 OT
Hofstra (2-10) 24-14

A 2-10 Hofstra team played Delaware closer than UNI and SIU! The A-10 should have had 9 teams in the playoffs that year! The MVFC must have been dog ****!

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2014, 01:11 PM
xpopcornx

wow
October 14th, 2014, 01:40 PM

Try again.

You do realize that last year's 2nd place MVFC team was not invited to participate in a 24 team field, right?

RabidRabbit
October 14th, 2014, 01:44 PM
2nd in the MVFC, but not one single OOC win. Did it to themselves.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 14th, 2014, 01:51 PM
You mean like middle of the pack A-10 teams against Delaware in 2003?

Here are Delaware's playoff scores:
SIU 48-7
UNI 37-7
Wofford 24-9
Colgate 40-0

Here are some their regular season games vs mediocre A-10 teams:
UNH (5-7) 22-21
Maine (6-5) 24-21 OT
Hofstra (2-10) 24-14

A 2-10 Hofstra team played Delaware closer than UNI and SIU! The A-10 should have had 9 teams in the playoffs that year! The MVFC must have been dog ****!

That kick was wide right

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2014, 02:35 PM
You do realize that last year's 2nd place MVFC team was not invited to participate in a 24 team field, right?

19856.....YA'LL HAD 4 WAY FO' SECOND PLACE...IN 2013..DON'T CARE WHO BEAT WHO IN DUH ROUND ROBIN SKED........NONE O' FOUR HAD STELLAR OOC'S.......C'MON MAN...WE'RE DUH CAA......AN' STILL HAVE PLENTY O' BRAIN CELLS.......xrolleyesx...AWK!

wow
October 14th, 2014, 02:56 PM
2nd in the MVFC, but not one single OOC win. Did it to themselves.

Perhaps I am exposing my lack of knowledge in FCS, but Youngstown beat Dayton, Morehead State, and Duquesne. They finished 2nd in the MVFC and were not selected for the playoffs last year.

Sycamore62
October 14th, 2014, 03:15 PM

Try again.

Beat NDSU

Bisonator
October 14th, 2014, 03:30 PM
Beat NDSU

Haha yeah YSU and ISUb were able to do what no other FCS team has done since 2010!xthumbsupx

BattinRam
October 14th, 2014, 03:43 PM
Perhaps I am exposing my lack of knowledge in FCS, but Youngstown beat Dayton, Morehead State, and Duquesne. They finished 2nd in the MVFC and were not selected for the playoffs last year.

Technically MO State was the 2nd Place Team last Year, wow, not YSU.
RapidRabbit is correct. The Bears lost all of their OOC games last year.

centennial
October 14th, 2014, 05:02 PM

Try again.

Also, in its heyday the CAA had multiple legitimate championship contenders. In 2008, the 3rd place team from the CAA South won the championship with only one home game. What has anyone besides NDSU accomplished during the MVFC's current reign, besides complain a lot
And the MVFC has been for the last 3 years, 4th year in a row now. It took you 11 years to show the same kind of domination. The point still being when the CAA is strong you get 4-5 and we got 2 last year. Teams that deserve to get in should regardless of their conference affiliation. UNH did well last year however you had no business getting in over YSU, even the NCAA ratings favored them. The politics in the selection committee is disappointing. Both YSU and UNH should have been in over the 2nd team from the weak conferences.

semobison
October 14th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Youngstown should have been in even though they lost their last 3 games! It is not their fault they had UNI, SDSU and NDSU at the tail end of their schedule! One could have argued for SIU also.

JayJ79
October 14th, 2014, 05:25 PM
Technically MO State was the 2nd Place Team last Year, wow, not YSU.
RapidRabbit is correct. The Bears lost all of their OOC games last year.

TECHNICALLY, it was a four-way tie for 2nd place (MSU/SDSU/SIU/YSU), as the "tiebreakers" only apply to determining the autobid.

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2014, 05:30 PM
Youngstown should have been in even though they lost their last 3 games! It is not their fault they had UNI, SDSU and NDSU at the tail end of their schedule! One could have argued for SIU also.

C'MON MAN...........IT'S DEY'RE FAULT FO' NOT WINNIN'...LEAST ONE O' 'EM......&...TWO O' DUH THREE WERE HOME......NOW NO SHAME DROPPIN'....'GUINN PLOPS...ON NORFF DAKOTA STATE......BUT YOUNGSTOWN..... SHUDDAH PINNED DUH EARS...ON DUH '[email protected] PALACE...............AWK!

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2014, 06:21 PM

your numbers are not adding up.... Iowa of the North has already lost 2 OOC games...Yes?

You got a lot of dominating to do over the next 7 years or so to hold a candle to what the CAA was.... haha

centennial
October 14th, 2014, 06:32 PM
your numbers are not adding up.... Iowa of the North has already lost 2 OOC games...Yes?

You got a lot of dominating to do over the next 7 years or so to hold a candle to what the CAA was.... haha
We are 4 years in, add to that I would take both WIU or USD over Delaware. The baton has already been passed.

semobison
October 14th, 2014, 06:35 PM

UNI has two OOC losses to FBS...MVFC is 23-1 against OOC FCS...try to keep up!

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2014, 06:43 PM
19858.......YA'LL VALLEY BOYS.....ARE SO LOCK-JAWED OVERAH LAST SEASON.......HARDLAH SEEMS YER GETTIN' YER ENJOYS......IN DIS ONE......:D...............BRRAAAWWWWKKKKK!

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2014, 06:54 PM

only after you got caught is when you add the * as Mr. Chicken said the water is risin on the Mississippi with all the teardrops...

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 14th, 2014, 07:07 PM
Another couple of Valley teams need to step up and make deep runs in the playoffs in order to compare to what the CAA has done in the past. Especially this year with the great OOC record; go out and prove it.

MR. CHICKEN
October 14th, 2014, 07:16 PM
...UH VOICE O' REASON....THANKY LAD.....AWK!

semobison
October 14th, 2014, 07:18 PM
only after you got caught is when you add the * as Mr. Chicken said the water is risin on the Mississippi with all the teardrops...

No tears here! my team has won 30 games in a row and the last 3 nattys! I'm sticking up for my conference mates who have no doubt been screwed by the playoff selection committee especially last year.

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2014, 07:22 PM
No tears here! my team has won 30 games in a row and the last 3 nattys! I'm sticking up for my conference mates who have no doubt been screwed by the playoff selection committee especially last year.

I already said your team was McCartney, it's the rest of the band that need to go out and do it...

caribbeanhen
October 14th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Another couple of Valley teams need to step up and make deep runs in the playoffs in order to compare to what the CAA has done in the past. Especially this year with the great OOC record; go out and prove it.

lock the thread Clenz, lets see what Turkey day and beyond has in the store for the Valley

semobison
October 14th, 2014, 07:32 PM

We win games in the playoffs, we just don't get enough teams in the playoffs!

DoubleE
October 14th, 2014, 08:36 PM
word is the true freshman qb will get the nod the rest of the year for YSU, interesting to see if this improves the offense

clenz
October 14th, 2014, 08:37 PM
word is the true freshman qb will get the nod the rest of the year for YSU, interesting to see if this improves the offense

What's this I hear of issues in the locker room over there?

Sounds like the coaches have lost the players and the players have lost other players in the locker room...

Or so I've heard from a couple birdies

Cocky
October 14th, 2014, 09:50 PM
We're any of the 23 any good?

Sycamore62
October 14th, 2014, 10:04 PM

Guess not

Bison56
October 14th, 2014, 10:07 PM

No they were all from the OVC.

ValleyTalk
October 14th, 2014, 10:26 PM
He is our best chance at success. I like Nania, but we are far too limited with him at QB. More upside with Wells.

Thumper 76
October 14th, 2014, 10:43 PM

skinny_uncle
October 14th, 2014, 11:17 PM

I think only 5 were ranked.

frozennorth
October 15th, 2014, 02:57 AM

Try again.

are there other legit title contenders anywhere other than NDSU at this point? Nova, and thats about it.

how many of those CAA/A10 teams made the playoffs again?

Also, I don't think anyone here has a problem with the CAA, quality league with quality teams (although this is probably your worst year in years and still the #2 conference) and you get playoff teams like you deserve. The valley has not.

Cocky
October 15th, 2014, 05:28 AM

Not much to brag about ...
Only one of them have a winning record.

MSUBobcat
October 15th, 2014, 06:48 AM

Didn't we have a thread about this last year?xdeadhorsex

YSU lost their last 3 games and finished 8-4 if I'm not mistaken. SIU finished 7-5 with one of the wins being a D-II school. UNI, the only other team with a record over .500, finished under .500 in conference (3-5). Which of those had such a strong case that you can claim they were "screwed"?

UNH Fanboi
October 15th, 2014, 07:14 AM

YSU lost their last 3 games and finished 8-4 if I'm not mistaken. SIU finished 7-5 with one of the wins being a D-II school. UNI, the only other team with a record over .500, finished under .500 in conference (3-5). Which of those had such a strong case that you can claim they were "screwed"?

According to some MVFC fans, 5-7 Missouri St could have been a semifinal team. I'm not joking.

MSUBobcat
October 15th, 2014, 07:34 AM
According to some MVFC fans, 5-7 Missouri St could have been a semifinal team. I'm not joking.

That seems reasonable. I had a hunch Northwestern State, Murray State, Central Ark., South Dakota and UNI should have been finalists if they hadn't had the unfortunate luck of not being good enough...xrolleyesx

344Johnson
October 15th, 2014, 07:48 AM

This.... Some people probably buy into it.

Cocky
October 15th, 2014, 08:00 AM

Plus the MVC had a losing record against the OVC who they are always raving about their power.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 15th, 2014, 08:02 AM

Sounds like Big East bball fans a couple of years ago. Some were convinced Seton Hall was Sweet 16 worthy despite finishing 16th in their own conference. I'm really not exaggerating either...xrotatehx

Sycamore62
October 15th, 2014, 08:18 AM
Plus the MVC had a losing record against the OVC who they are always raving about their power.

Ya but your superstar took double OT to beat a 5-3 team in the MVFC

clenz
October 15th, 2014, 08:25 AM
I've literally never seen hat posted.

Prove it.

MR. CHICKEN
October 15th, 2014, 08:43 AM

Prove it.

19863......START WHIFF POST #917.....THEN.....#918....#921....&....#924....................AREN'T YA FOLLOWIN'.......DIS SOAP OPERAH....FRAME BAH FRAME....xconfusedx....AWK!

Bisonator
October 15th, 2014, 08:43 AM

Like you said we've been over this countless times but apparently you guys still don't get it. Look at those teams and then look at SHSU and Southern Utah and get back to us. WTF did the BSC deserve a 4th team and the Valley only 2??????

UNH Fanboi
October 15th, 2014, 08:44 AM

Prove it.

"Missouri State at the end of the year was also as good as UNH."

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?157131-Missouri-Valley-on-a-playoff-push&p=2127200&viewfull=1#post2127200

MR. CHICKEN
October 15th, 2014, 08:52 AM
19864...........................POST #97.........IN UH NUTSHELL....(AKA.......MVC HELMET)....:D....AWK!

Houndawg
October 15th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Not much to brag about ...
Only one of them have a winning record.

...but you'll probably get as many teams in as the MVC...

Bisonator
October 15th, 2014, 09:00 AM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?157131-Missouri-Valley-on-a-playoff-push&p=2127200&viewfull=1#post2127200

"good as" doesn't mean should have been in the semi's. MSU won 4 of their last 5 over some damn tough teams.

centennial
October 15th, 2014, 09:03 AM

Oh please.. The issue isn't even the CAA teams. Both your and SC state AD cheated to get your teams in. UNH belonged and SC state and a few more teams like SHSU had no business over the 3-4th MVFC team. The NCAA ratings are horse manure and the committee biased. Sometimes teams turn it around in the middle of the season, its not unheard of. W&M also got screwed.

Cocky
October 15th, 2014, 09:06 AM
...but you'll probably get as many teams in as the MVC...
Not this year unless things change.

Houndawg
October 15th, 2014, 09:06 AM
"good as" doesn't mean should have been in the semi's. MSU won 4 of their last 5 over some damn tough teams.

In their worst year they'll still get fired up for SIU and always give us trouble.

Cocky
October 15th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Ya but your superstar took double OT to beat a 5-3 team in the MVFC
And your second placed team couldn't beat our sixth.

MR. CHICKEN
October 15th, 2014, 09:17 AM
xpopcornx

UNIFanSince1983
October 15th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Why are we talking about last year? That really has no bearing on this year. Last year too many teams hurt themselves in the non-con it happens. Let's just let the rest of the season play out and figure out what happens.

MR. CHICKEN
October 15th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Why are we talking about last year? That really has no bearing on this year. Last year too many teams hurt themselves in the non-con it happens. Let's just let the rest of the season play out and figure out what happens.

AH-GREED.....SEE POST #932.........AWK!

Mattymc727
October 15th, 2014, 09:59 AM

But this has been one hell of an entertaining thread! Like a court room battle!

MR. CHICKEN
October 15th, 2014, 10:02 AM
19865.............AN' DUH JURY VERDICT IS.....xconfusedx.....BAWK?

Bison56
October 15th, 2014, 10:05 AM

Houndawg
October 15th, 2014, 10:06 AM

I agree completely. What I want to see is if the OOC is as important to the committee this year as it was last year.

MR. CHICKEN
October 15th, 2014, 10:07 AM
...UH.....VALLEY BOYS........GUILTY...ON CHARGES O'....PARANOIA/FALSE STATEMENTS/CONDUCT UNBECOMIN' O' AGS POSTERS/FAILURE TA USE COMMON SENSE....ETC..........xnodx:Dxnodx.....DOODLE-DOO!

Houndawg
October 15th, 2014, 10:10 AM
...UH.....VALLEY BOYS........GUILTY...ON CHARGES O'....PARANOIA/FALSE STATEMENTS/CONDUCT UNBECOMIN' O' AGS POSTERS/FAILURE TA USE COMMON SENSE....ETC..........xnodx:Dxnodx.....DOODLE-DOO!

xlolx

You seem a bit dyspeptic, Mr. C, got a dog in the fight?

MR. CHICKEN
October 15th, 2014, 10:15 AM
xlolx

You seem a bit dyspeptic, Mr. C, got a dog in the fight?

19867......MAH DAWG..........CHEWED UP DUH SOFA...'CAUSE HE WAS UPSET...BAH DUH VALLEY BOYS.......CRUEL AN' UNUSUAL.....TEARFUL.......AN' BLATANT.....ATTEMPT......TA REPLAY......LAST YEARS PLAYOFFS......AWK!

Mattymc727
October 15th, 2014, 10:17 AM
I tend to agree with a lot of the MVFC fans however. I think the committee has a bit of an east coast bias and votes based on past reputation (I think UNH benefited from this not last year, but in 2012). The issue is that there are a lot of teams in the FCS power conferences that could beat the non-power FCS 10 out of 10 times. Thats just the way it is though, if you are in a power conference and lose 4-5 conference games, tough luck, win them next year. Cant have a 24 team playoff with 18 of the teams coming from 3 conferences.

Sycamore62
October 15th, 2014, 10:55 AM
They are all biased against each other but they have to playing why MVFC teams shouldnt be in vs why any other conference's teams are in.

Wait till they pick 4 teams after conference championship week in December. I wouldnt be stunned if they burn down the home office

Houndawg
October 15th, 2014, 10:58 AM
They are all biased against each other but they have to playing why MVFC teams shouldnt be in vs why any other conference's teams are in.

Wait till they pick 4 teams after conference championship week in December. I wouldnt be stunned if they burn down the home office

Won't happen, three teams tops. I'm just curious as to what this year's reasoning will be. OOC wasn't strong enough....?

Sycamore62
October 15th, 2014, 11:23 AM
Won't happen, three teams tops. I'm just curious as to what this year's reasoning will be. OOC wasn't strong enough....?

I meant the FBS tourney.

Im sure FCS already has a bunch of excuses premade to fit any situation.

The old faithful will be that everyone doesnt play everyone

Bisonator
October 15th, 2014, 11:27 AM

Nope it'll be the conference losses this year or too many late losses......then they'll pick a 4th team from the fluffy with an inflated record because they didn't have to play the top 3 in the conference........or they'll just feel sorry for chattownmocs and stick a 7-5 UTC in to give a CAA team an easy first rounder. xcoffeex

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 15th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Oh please.. The issue isn't even the CAA teams. Both your and SC state AD cheated to get your teams in. UNH belonged and SC state and a few more teams like SHSU had no business over the 3-4th MVFC team. The NCAA ratings are horse manure and the committee biased. Sometimes teams turn it around in the middle of the season, its not unheard of. W&M also got screwed.

wait what?

centennial
October 15th, 2014, 12:23 PM
wait what?
NCAA followed its rankings exactly except for UNH. 8 D1 YSU was left out for UNH even though UNH was further down the rankings. The rankings were a sham and did not make any sense anyway but the UNH AD was able to get you guys in. UNH deserved to be in.. SC state also had NO business in the playoffs and were rated stupidly high. Their AD was also one of the selectors.

Nova09
October 15th, 2014, 12:29 PM
I think the only way MVFC gets 4 playoff teams this year is if UNI and ISUb both finish 7-5. Then the committee doesn't try to differentiate and takes both. Any other scenario I would predict NDSU, ISUr, and a third team, as yet undetermined. Looking at remaining schedules:

No way NDSU doesn't make it
Would be REALLY difficult for ISUr to blow it, despite the questions about their sched thus far

Good chance both SIU and SDSU end up no better than 6-5 DI.
Youngstown has a bunch of question marks new qb and a bunch of 50/50 games to come. Don't see them getting an invite at 7-5 unless one of those wins is over NDSU to end the year
Don't see MoSt going better than 3-3 rest of way (so best record I predict 6-6)
WIU and USD essentially eliminated

So ultimately my prediction is one of UNI, ISUb and SDSU gets to 8 wins, beating the others in the process, and we end up with 3 MVFC playoff teams

MR. CHICKEN
October 15th, 2014, 01:31 PM
NCAA followed its rankings exactly except for UNH. 8 D1 YSU was left out for UNH even though UNH was further down the rankings. The rankings were a sham and did not make any sense anyway but the UNH AD was able to get you guys in. UNH deserved to be in.. SC state also had NO business in the playoffs and were rated stupidly high. Their AD was also one of the selectors.

19869........AD'S....FROM SKOOLS THAT'RE.....BEIN' CONSIDERED FO' DUH DANCE.......CAN NOT BE PRESENT......DURIN' THAT COMMITTEE DISCUSSION......THEY HALF-TA EXCUSE DEMSELVES...FROM DUH ROOM..........YSU'S....THREE THUDS....KEPT 'EM OUT.....SPIN ALL YA'S WANT.......xrulesx......BRAWK!

Trumpster
October 15th, 2014, 01:36 PM
I think that if NDSU drops a game, or 2 it would really help the conference in getting 4 teams in. Not that I want that to happen just my opinion.

FargoBison
October 15th, 2014, 02:35 PM
I think the best thing for the MVFC is NDSU and ISUR win out. I'd rather have two teams get high seeds and home games, then a bunch of teams having to go on the road.

UNIFanSince1983
October 15th, 2014, 02:36 PM
I think the best thing for the MVFC is NDSU and ISUR win out. I'd rather have two teams get high seeds and home games, then a bunch of teams having to go on the road.

If they both win out then we should have the #1 and #2 seeds since they would both be undefeated.

FargoBison
October 15th, 2014, 02:45 PM
If they both win out then we should have the #1 and #2 seeds since they would both be undefeated.

I wonder how the committee will treat ISUR since they have no FBS game? EWU, Nova and UNH could all win out.

I wonder where they would end up if they drop a game? My concern right now is that the MVFC ends up with one seeded team, which makes success for multiple teams tough.

centennial
October 15th, 2014, 02:47 PM
ISUR barely beat ISUB without a QB. Although the computers list them as FCS #2, I am still to be convinced.

UNIFanSince1983
October 15th, 2014, 02:56 PM
ISUR barely beat ISUB without a QB. Although the computers list them as FCS #2, I am still to be convinced.

But in the hypothetical with them winning out they would have beaten SDSU, ISUb, UNI, SIU, YSU, and MSU. Not to mention being undefeated overall. They would be the #2 seed.

Sycamore62
October 15th, 2014, 03:38 PM
I wonder how the committee will treat ISUR since they have no FBS game? EWU, Nova and UNH could all win out.

I wonder where they would end up if they drop a game? My concern right now is that the MVFC ends up with one seeded team, which makes success for multiple teams tough.

I just think that its really unlikely that both teams go undefeated. every game is the proverbial trap game for the Bison and if ISUr goes undefeated, short of injuries I expect ISUb to be no less than 9-3

caribbeanhen
October 15th, 2014, 03:43 PM

good stuff Senor Pollo, but I cannot agree with "conduct unbecmon....." charge, afterall this is a MVFC board right?

Houndawg
October 15th, 2014, 04:48 PM
I think the only way MVFC gets 4 playoff teams this year is if UNI and ISUb both finish 7-5. Then the committee doesn't try to differentiate and takes both. Any other scenario I would predict NDSU, ISUr, and a third team, as yet undetermined. Looking at remaining schedules:

No way NDSU doesn't make it
Would be REALLY difficult for ISUr to blow it, despite the questions about their sched thus far

Good chance both SIU and SDSU end up no better than 6-5 DI.
Youngstown has a bunch of question marks new qb and a bunch of 50/50 games to come. Don't see them getting an invite at 7-5 unless one of those wins is over NDSU to end the year
Don't see MoSt going better than 3-3 rest of way (so best record I predict 6-6)
WIU and USD essentially eliminated

So ultimately my prediction is one of UNI, ISUb and SDSU gets to 8 wins, beating the others in the process, and we end up with 3 MVFC playoff teams

meh. This applies to everybody but NDSU - I think you overlooked the facts that UNI has to go to Carbondale this year, that they haven't won here since Jesus Christ was a corporal, and that SIU has as much talent as UNI does this year. SIU needs three out of their last five games - four of them are against ranked opponents and MSU is at 26 right now. What this means is that if SIU gets 7 or more D1 they'll have at least 3 wins over ranked opponents, including SEMO, who has beaten teams ranked ahead of SIU in the polls. I use SIU as an example but their are three or four, maybe five, MVC teams that could wind up with a perfect FCS OOC record, three to five victories over ranked opponents, and two to four losses, all to ranked opponents. You could have some 8-4 resumes out there much stronger than the teams that get seeded and get a road trip for surviving murderer's row

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2014, 05:41 PM
That seems reasonable. I had a hunch Northwestern State, Murray State, Central Ark., South Dakota and UNI should have been finalists if they hadn't had the unfortunate luck of not being good enough...xrolleyesx

Seems to me Missouri State didn't buy out any of their OOC games either...xcoffeex

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2014, 05:45 PM

That should happen but wont. EWU or CC will get the #2 if both win out. Playoff committee will put ISU at a #4 or #5 so Valley teams will play each other in the semis if they make it that far.

I hope EWU or CC gets a #4 seed because either one will get bitched-slapped by the Bison.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 15th, 2014, 05:50 PM
meh. This applies to everybody but NDSU - I think you overlooked the facts that UNI has to go to Carbondale this year, that they haven't won here since Jesus Christ was a corporal, and that SIU has as much talent as UNI does this year. SIU needs three out of their last five games - four of them are against ranked opponents and MSU is at 26 right now. What this means is that if SIU gets 7 or more D1 they'll have at least 3 wins over ranked opponents, including SEMO, who has beaten teams ranked ahead of SIU in the polls. I use SIU as an example but their are three or four, maybe five, MVC teams that could wind up with a perfect FCS OOC record, three to five victories over ranked opponents, and two to four losses, all to ranked opponents. You could have some 8-4 resumes out there much stronger than the teams that get seeded and get a road trip for surviving murderer's row

IMO, SIU is in this year. 5-2 right now with these coming up:

YSU
Ind State
MSU
UNI
Ill State

SIU wins at least 3 on them IMO. SIU has some talent and they play good defense. I think SDSU is left out this year with that D3 game they played....not much wiggle room for them. UNI could also.

penguinpower
October 15th, 2014, 06:38 PM
YSU has a lot of talent. Bad, bad coaching. Bad. Really really bad. Fundamentally unsound. Painful to watch

FargoBison
October 15th, 2014, 07:20 PM
YSU has a lot of talent. Bad, bad coaching. Bad. Really really bad. Fundamentally unsound. Painful to watch

Agreed, YSU has the worst head coach in the league and honestly I don't think it is close between him and the next worse.