James Madison @ LEHIGH

GEORGETOWN @ Dayton

Morgan State @ HOLY CROSS

FORDHAM @ Villanova

LAFAYETTE @ Sacred Heart

BUCKNELL @ Marist

BYE: Colgate

Game of the Week:

FORDHAM @ Villanova – Can the Rams play with the big kids?

Patriot League vs. OOC:

Overall: 2-3

vs.CAA: 0-1
vs. MAC (FBS): 0-1
vs. NEC: 1-1
vs. Southern: 1-0

Standings:

Bucknell 0-0, 1-0
Fordham 0-0, 1-0
Colgate 0-0, 0-1
Georgetown 0-0, 0-1
Holy Cross 0-0, 0-1
Lafayette 0-0, 0-0
Lehigh 0-0, 0-0

Go Lehigh TU Owl
August 30th, 2014, 08:45 PM
JMU @ Lehigh
Lafayette @ Sacred Heart
Fordham @ Villanova

Those are 3 really good OOC contests....

bonarae
August 30th, 2014, 08:51 PM
JMU
Dayton
HC
Nova (close)
Lafayette
Bucknell

Fordham
August 30th, 2014, 08:54 PM
We have a ways to go in one week if we want to compete with 'Nova after today's game. Not awful but we didn't look like we could play at that level to me. I do have faith in a Coach M though

Skyhawk71
August 31st, 2014, 09:21 AM
James Madison @ Lehigh
Georgetown @ Dayton
Morgan State @ Holy Cross
Fordham @ Villanova
Lafayette @ Sacred Heart
Bucknell @ Marist

Pard4Life
August 31st, 2014, 10:25 AM
What happened to Bucknell yesterday? The supposedly best defense in the Patriot League had 400+ yards and 38 points hung on them by VMI... I don't know much about VMI, but they are usually also-rans and a team that should be handled with a defense anywhere nearly as good as Bucknell's... Also, it seems like the Bucknell QB Nitti had a pretty good day.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2014, 10:29 AM
My thoughts on the first week, putting them here b/c I don't know where else to post it.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/08/opening-cfb-weekend-thoughts-8312014.html

bjtheflamesfan
August 31st, 2014, 10:39 AM
Week 2:

Saturday, Sept. 6

James Madison @ LEHIGH

GEORGETOWN @ Dayton

FORDHAM @ Villanova

LAFAYETTE @ Sacred Heart

BUCKNELL @ Marist

BYE: Colgate

Game of the Week:

FORDHAM @ Villanova – Can the Rams play with the big kids?

Patriot League vs. OOC:

Overall: 2-3

vs.CAA: 0-1
vs. MAC (FBS): 0-1
vs. NEC: 1-1
vs. Southern: 1-0

Standings:

Bucknell 0-0, 1-0
Fordham 0-0, 1-0
Colgate 0-0, 0-1
Georgetown 0-0, 0-1
Holy Cross 0-0, 0-1
Lafayette 0-0, 0-0
Lehigh 0-0, 0-0

Picks in bold

carney2
August 31st, 2014, 11:09 AM
James Madison @ LEHIGH - The Dukes are not the class of the CAA anymore, but they have way too much for a very questionable bunch of Squawks.

GEORGETOWN @ Dayton - The Hoyas vs. anyone is a no brainer pick.

Morgan State @ HOLY CROSS - Tough to tell about schools like Morgan State. They spend too much time playing teams that don't get out much. If the Cross rebounds from that Albany debacle, it won't be by much.

FORDHAM @ Villanova - Just a hunch that the Rams aren't up to the task this year - and maybe by a lot.

LAFAYETTE @ Sacred Heart - The Pards would win this in October. Unfortunately it's not October.

BUCKNELL @ Marist - The Bufs should have been untested last week but were. This should be a walk over but will it?

Lehigh'98
August 31st, 2014, 11:29 AM
Just keep repeating what the Fordham fan said LY, nobody will go broke betting against PL in the first few weeks of season.

Pard4Life
August 31st, 2014, 11:32 AM
My thoughts on the first week, putting them here b/c I don't know where else to post it.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/08/opening-cfb-weekend-thoughts-8312014.html

Where's the note about learning what 'fearless' is vs. 'reckless' i.e. picking Georgetown?

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2014, 11:33 AM
Just keep repeating what the Fordham fan said LY, nobody will go broke betting against PL in the first few weeks of season.

Except if you're Lehigh

Lehigh Football Nation
August 31st, 2014, 11:34 AM
Where's the note about learning what 'fearless' is vs. 'reckless' i.e. picking Georgetown?

I did think Gtown had a chance. But I was wrong. May be hard to pick them rest of season.

Pard4Life
August 31st, 2014, 11:41 AM
I did think Gtown had a chance. But I was wrong. May be hard to pick them rest of season.

Marist... maybe? I don't know anything about Dayton but they are usually decent...

Fordham
August 31st, 2014, 11:52 AM
Agreed, but I do believe that with scholarships we are slowly turning that around as a league

ngineer
August 31st, 2014, 08:49 PM
Can't see the Hoyas flying with Dayton. The "other" U of D, 33-10

Holy Cross should and better bounce back against Morgan State. Never known as much of a power. Crusaders joust, 24-17

Ram defense last week has an upset over the Wildcats more of a longer shot than expected. 'Nova in a track meet, 42-35.

LC at SHU could be over in an hour with all the running expected. Very close game, but first game mistakes and home field goes to the Heart, 16-13.

Bison found an offense against VMI, but then most do. Still, they should have more against the Sly Foxes. Nell has a winning streak, 31-21.

Yes, I will accept the mantel of a homer, but I do see this game as winnable. JMU, after their thrashing at the Terps, may well be looking at 'little' Lehigh as a needed breather and get caught. I expect Shafnisky will want to put on a great show as a local product taking over the reins of a program that has had a great tradition of excellent QB's. Mistakes will be made due to inexperience, but I feel a win on the way. Lehigh in a frenetic finale, 27-24.

DFW HOYA
August 31st, 2014, 08:50 PM

Georgetown has significant depth issues, and it's just week one.

The Hoyas managed 20 yards on 19 carries against a Wagner team ranked 6th in the NEC last season on defense. Only one RB had any carries (Joel Kimpela, 10 yards). Why? Because the only other returning back has been moved to LB. And except for one series with backup QB Tim Barnes, only six reserves saw action on offense all afternoon. The offense remains very thin and that's where recruiting really hurts this team.

Gangtackle11
August 31st, 2014, 09:26 PM
Lehigh 24 JMU 20
Dayton 27 Georgetown 7
Holy Cross 20 Morgan State 6
Villanova 31 Fordham 17
Sacred Heart 34 Lafayette 24
Bucknell 26 Marist 14

RichH2
August 31st, 2014, 10:31 PM
Nova- Rams a shoot out. Edge Nova
Dayton over Hoyas ,probably last shot at win for Hoyas.
Cross -MorganSt. Morgan lost tough game to E.Mich. Wont be a walk over for the Purple,but a win
BU over Marist close if Marist has a QB who can pass. Most of BU 2ndary sidelined.

Homer pick. LU edges JMU . Dont ask me why,just believe so.

2ram
August 31st, 2014, 11:58 PM
Lehigh - home game opener. jmu loses this time in bethlehem.
Dayton - sorry gtown
Holy Cross - idk... i still like the cross, even more after seeing how they performed away at albany
Fordham - yea, that's right. 'nova gave the 'cuse all it wanted and more, but they're not going to beat fordham either. cats to start 0-2 again.
Lafayette - PL pwns SH
Bucknell - marist? no.

bison137
September 1st, 2014, 08:27 AM
BUCKNELL @ Marist - The Bufs should have been untested last week but were. This should be a walk over but will it?

As Rich pointed out, Bucknell's DB's are almost all out. Missing four starters. So I doubt a walk-over. Offense will need to put up points again.

Pard4Life
September 1st, 2014, 09:41 AM
It's utterly amazing the Brown Clown homers are unanimously picking their team... you guys certainly play into your reputation around here... how about the fact you have an untested QB?

RichH2
September 1st, 2014, 09:54 AM
It's utterly amazing the Brown Clown homers are unanimously picking their team... you guys certainly play into your reputation around here... how about the fact you have an untested QB?
All true P4L. And yes, it will be an upset if we win. I know all the uncertainties for LU going into this game. As I said, on the numbers,not much a basis to pick LU,but I do anyway.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 1st, 2014, 10:06 AM

Then why aren't you "utterly amazed" by the good number of CAA fans are picking Lehigh? Your reputation of being a bitter fool is a live and well too.....xdrunkyx

Lehigh fans should believe their team is capable of beating a team that picked in the bottom half of CAA team at home......

Lehigh Football Nation
September 1st, 2014, 10:14 AM
I would hardly call Shaf "untested". He did play last season. But it's the first game of the year with a whole lot of other new moving parts. How will they move against a physical JMU front?

carney2
September 1st, 2014, 11:09 AM
All true P4L. And yes, it will be an upset if we win. I know all the uncertainties for LU going into this game. As I said, on the numbers,not much a basis to pick LU,but I do anyway.

A lot of love for a team that is admittedly searching for a QB, some WRs, and a defense, among other "moving parts," as LFN calls them.

RichH2
September 1st, 2014, 11:28 AM
Well CAA guys about 50-50 in their picks so far. Could be a roller coaster game with a mix of great plays and WTF moments. In fact,a likely scenario often this year. How we progress and how quickly will determine our season. Rebuilding or reloading?

Southsider
September 1st, 2014, 11:45 AM
Then why aren't you "utterly amazed" by the good number of CAA fans are picking Lehigh? Your reputation of being a bitter fool is a live and well too.....xdrunkyx

Lehigh fans should believe their team is capable of beating a team that picked in the bottom half of CAA team at home......

"Spot" on, Owl xnodx

RichH2
September 1st, 2014, 12:26 PM
Massey
HC 30 -Morgan 23
Dayton 26-GU 21
Nova 35-Rams 28
BU 24-Marist 17
SHU 27-Pards 24
JMU 31-LU 27

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 1st, 2014, 02:18 PM
A lot of love for a team that is admittedly searching for a QB, some WRs, and a defense, among other "moving parts," as LFN calls them.

Was there any doubt that Shafnisky was going to be the guy? I'm pretty sure most people felt that he was destined to be the starter. In fact when he was recruited 3 years ago it felt like he was going to be the starter at some point. He was Lehigh's first schollie player iirc. The coaches have been extremely high on him all along....

Size within the front 7 and coaching continuity in the first game should be the two biggest concerns. Athletically Lehigh should have little trouble matching JMU's quickness. Every objective thing I read suggests a very good game going either way...

Lehigh'98
September 1st, 2014, 02:56 PM
Unfortunately, until some of these question marks get answered, I can't pick Lehigh in this spot. JMU 28-16. It also has nothing to do w P4L's incessant whining either.

Pard4Life
September 1st, 2014, 03:25 PM

The CAA fans are thinking that this is the Lehigh team with BB at the helm instead of your current QB. Furthermore, Cecchini is gone, long believed to be the brains behind the Lehigh offense. And, they don't follow Lehigh regularly.

Bitter? Maybe to you, but Lehigh opinions do not matter to me. One must be ruthless towards the Brown under any circumstance.

RichH2
September 1st, 2014, 03:58 PM
Ah,the unrelenting drone of bile from P4L,unrelieved by any humor or purpose. A bitter little fellow. Best we just ignore him,when he goes on his rants.

TheValleyRaider
September 1st, 2014, 04:19 PM
3-2 last week, about what I would have expected for opening week.

James Madison at Lehigh Lehigh Good start to the season, really not sure what to expect in this one. I think Shafnisky will be all right at QB for the Hawks, though I would be much more concerned about the new OC. Coen's offenses were not particularly good before Cecchini's return, so jury is out on that. Of course, if we want to talk coaching changes, hello JMU. Or perhaps that should be goodbye Mickey Matthews? Either way, tough to get a read on what had become a relatively underachieving program now with new leadership. They got thumped by the Terps, but it's not always easy to read into these early FBS games. I'm going to lean towards League pride, see if the Hawks can get some delayed revenge for that decade-old playoff defeat.

Georgetown at Dayton Dayton We knew the Hoyas would struggle this year, and they appear to be on track. Dayton has been one of the stronger Pioneer programs, and has put together solid teams over the years that have competed well with Patriot League opposition. Are they better than Wagner? I'm not sure about that. Are they better than Georgetown? That seems like a safe bet at this stage.

Morgan State at Holy Cross Holy Cross Brutal loss for the Crusaders this last weekend, and as a Giants fan, you have my Pisarcik-driven sympathies. Bouncing back will be crucial, and Morgan State might not be a bad opponent for that. The Bears have been the definition of mediocre in the MEAC for a decade now, but a new coach might have something after nearly knocking off Eastern Michigan. True enough, the Eagles are terrible, but that's an impressive showing for a school that lost to Army a year ago (which EMU also did). I'll stick with a League mate again, but it could be close again.

Fordham at Villanova Villanova I want to pick Fordham, really I do. And I suspect they will improve after a shaky outing against Saint Francis. But will it be enough to top an impressive-looking Wildcat squad? Last year's win in the Bronx announced Fordham as a serious player nationally, and no doubt a win here would do the same. But this time involves a trip to Philly, so I'll stick with the home team to win another close contest.

Lafayette at Sacred Heart Sacred Heart Lot of optimism coming out of Easton this year, and given how they closed last season that seems reasonable. That being said, while I expect them to be better, they were 5-6, so there is plenty of room. Pioneers got the win a year ago in Easton, which could set the stage for some revenge. The biggest difference may be that while the Leopards waited, the Pioneers played, and that extra week may still matter this early.

Bucknell at Marist Bucknell I suppose that's what I get for singing the praises of Bucknell's defense and being wary about their offense. The enduring message, as always, is that I know nothing. The Bison are merely four years removed from Marist's only win in this series, and this meeting is also in Poughkeepsie. Generally, though, the usually stout Bison defense has been consistent in dealing with the Red Foxes, and if the offensive growth is for real, they should win this one pretty handily. Of course, if they concede points like they did this week again, then we might start asking questions.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 1st, 2014, 04:21 PM
Anyone who says they can confidently pick the JMU/Lehigh game either way is lying. Impossible to judge JMU's relative worth after last week's not-quite-Blue-Hen-sized-blowout-but-close loss to Maryland, and Lehigh has so much new they need to replace from last season.

RichH2
September 1st, 2014, 04:45 PM
Anyone who says they can confidently pick the JMU/Lehigh game either way is lying. Impossible to judge JMU's relative worth after last week's not-quite-Blue-Hen-sized-blowout-but-close loss to Maryland, and Lehigh has so much new they need to replace from last season.

xdrunkyx So true,but carney doen't give us a too close to call category;)

Pard4Life
September 1st, 2014, 06:36 PM

Wow I agree with LFN on something... indeed. It's like dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

That's what I was saying... it's a little crazy to see everyone just straight-up going with Lehigh. JMU is not Robert Morris.

Pard4Life
September 1st, 2014, 06:52 PM
Ah,the unrelenting drone of bile from P4L,unrelieved by any humor or purpose. A bitter little fellow. Best we just ignore him,when he goes on his rants.

Ah, the truth is harshest to whom it condemns the most. :D

Sadly people behave like this in real life. Look at Fox News, and most cable TV news outlets for that matter. Disgraceful.

Fordham
September 1st, 2014, 08:05 PM
3-2 last week, about what I would have expected for opening week.

James Madison at Lehigh Lehigh Good start to the season, really not sure what to expect in this one. I think Shafnisky will be all right at QB for the Hawks, though I would be much more concerned about the new OC. Coen's offenses were not particularly good before Cecchini's return, so jury is out on that. Of course, if we want to talk coaching changes, hello JMU. Or perhaps that should be goodbye Mickey Matthews? Either way, tough to get a read on what had become a relatively underachieving program now with new leadership. They got thumped by Pitt, but it's not always easy to read into these early FBS games. I'm going to lean towards League pride, see if the Hawks can get some delayed revenge for that decade-old playoff defeat.

Georgetown at Dayton Dayton We knew the Hoyas would struggle this year, and they appear to be on track. Dayton has been one of the stronger Pioneer programs, and has put together solid teams over the years that have competed well with Patriot League opposition. Are they better than Wagner? I'm not sure about that. Are they better than Georgetown? That seems like a safe bet at this stage.

Morgan State at Holy Cross Holy Cross Brutal loss for the Crusaders this last weekend, and as a Giants fan, you have my Pisarcik-driven sympathies. Bouncing back will be crucial, and Morgan State might not be a bad opponent for that. The Bears have been the definition of mediocre in the MEAC for a decade now, but a new coach might have something after nearly knocking off Eastern Michigan. True enough, the Eagles are terrible, but that's an impressive showing for a school that lost to Army a year ago (which EMU also did). I'll stick with a League mate again, but it could be close again.

Fordham at Villanova Villanova I want to pick Fordham, really I do. And I suspect they will improve after a shaky outing against Saint Francis. But will it be enough to top an impressive-looking Wildcat squad? Last year's win in the Bronx announced Fordham as a serious player nationally, and no doubt a win here would do the same. But this time involves a trip to Philly, so I'll stick with the home team to win another close contest.

Lafayette at Sacred Heart Sacred Heart Lot of optimism coming out of Easton this year, and given how they closed last season that seems reasonable. That being said, while I expect them to be better, they were 5-6, so there is plenty of room. Pioneers got the win a year ago in Easton, which could set the stage for some revenge. The biggest difference may be that while the Leopards waited, the Pioneers played, and that extra week may still matter this early.

Bucknell at Marist Bucknell I suppose that's what I get for singing the praises of Bucknell's defense and being wary about their offense. The enduring message, as always, is that I know nothing. The Bison are merely four years removed from Marist's only win in this series, and this meeting is also in Poughkeepsie. Generally, though, the usually stout Bison defense has been consistent in dealing with the Red Foxes, and if the offensive growth is for real, they should win this one pretty handily. Of course, if they concede points like they did this week again, then we might start asking questions.

Shaky outing?

RichH2
September 1st, 2014, 08:12 PM
Guess Raider figured Rams should have scored 70.:)

TheValleyRaider
September 1st, 2014, 08:58 PM
Shaky outing?
Fair enough, I misread SFU's output as 32 points, which wouldn't have all come in garbage time, and a quick look at the stats showed 200 rushing yards for the Flash. I still think you'll get better, does that help? ;)

Of course, there's an actual error in there that I've endeavored to fix as well xwhistlex

Sader87
September 1st, 2014, 09:10 PM
Very interesting and difficult week to prognosticate here.....each game seems to have a lot of ???'s as to which way they could go. The HAL9000 has his work cut out for him this week.

Fordham
September 1st, 2014, 09:33 PM
Fair enough, I misread SFU's output as 32 points, which wouldn't have all come in garbage time, and a quick look at the stats showed 200 rushing yards for the Flash. I still think you'll get better, does that help? ;)

Of course, there's an actual error in there that I've endeavored to fix as well xwhistlex
Other than that they only score 23 and not 32, we held their entire offense to 50 total yards in the first half. Almost all of those rushing yards came in Q4 when the game was well in hand.

Not saying that means we'll romp or that we were crisp v St F, but we were far from having a shaky outing.

RichH2
September 1st, 2014, 09:39 PM
Very interesting and difficult week to prognosticate here.....each game seems to have a lot of ???'s as to which way they could go. The HAL9000 has his work cut out for him this week.
Any word on Guild? Hope he's ok.

Bill
September 1st, 2014, 11:00 PM
Week one: 4-1 (yes, I picked VMI....)

Here we go for week#2:

James Madison @ LEHIGH - heart says Lehigh, head says otherwise. JMU, 24-17.

GEORGETOWN @ Dayton - can't pick G-Town yet...Dayton, 16-8.

Morgan State @ HOLY CROSS - HC, 32-10

FORDHAM @ Villanova - oh baby, come on Patriot League! Fordham, 32-30

LAFAYETTE @ Sacred Heart - uggh...Lafayette, 3-2.xlolx

BUCKNELL @ Marist - Still can't pick Bucknell. Marist, 17-9.

jimbo65
September 2nd, 2014, 05:53 AM
JMU over Lehigh

Dayton over GTown

Fordham over Nova So far I am the only poster picking Fordham

LaFayette over Sacre Coeur (battle of the French)

Bucknell over Marist

Fordham
September 2nd, 2014, 06:03 AM
jimbo, the guy right before you did the same! Thanks Bill

2ram
September 2nd, 2014, 09:39 AM
i hammered the homer button too. go rams!

Lehigh'98
September 2nd, 2014, 09:48 AM
Week 1: 4-1, Cross debacle was only loss.

JMU 28 Lehigh 16
Dayton 10 Georgetown 24 - Pioneer league for God's sake
Fordham 34 Nova 30
Lafayette 21 Sacred Heart 31
Marist 28 Bucknell 24 - Secondary concerns for Bucknell
Cross 33 Morgan St 17

Lehigh Football Nation
September 2nd, 2014, 09:50 AM
I'm not sure I can recall a week where so many games could go either way. Any combinations of wins or losses would not stun me, including Marist over Bucknell or Georgetown over Dayton. Marist might take the Bison if they have a decent aerial game (which they've had in the past), and who knows how good Dayton might be. Fordham/Villanova, Lehigh/JMU, Morgan State/HC, Lafayette/SHU... these are almost coin flip games to me.

aceinthehole
September 2nd, 2014, 10:29 AM
I'm not sure I can recall a week where so many games could go either way. Any combinations of wins or losses would not stun me, including Marist over Bucknell or Georgetown over Dayton. Marist might take the Bison if they have a decent aerial game (which they've had in the past), and who knows how good Dayton might be. Fordham/Villanova, Lehigh/JMU, Morgan State/HC, Lafayette/SHU... these are almost coin flip games to me.

I agree. The PL could easily go 6-0 or 0-6 this week. I don't see any game where I would be very confident picking a winner, but here's my stab at it:

JMU - Lehigh has many unknowns and JMU played in week 1
Dayton - Hoyas have no depth
Holy Cross - Bounces back from disapointing loss
Villanova - Sligyht edge to the home team
Sacred Heart - Pioneers had a game to work off the rust
Bucknell - Based on last season's win at home

PAllen
September 2nd, 2014, 11:12 AM
Lehigh - Pure homer pick.
Dayton - Yes, GU is that bad
Holy Cross - HC will win in a cake walk
Fordham - Rams win with a scoreline that looks like it belongs on the hardcourt
Sacred Heart - Lafayette should win this game, but LC has a tendency to disappoint in early OOC contests.
Marist - See above.

5-0

RichH2
September 2nd, 2014, 11:53 AM
Bassetts
80-90%
LU 35.5 JMU 17.5
DAYTON 35. GU 14
Cross 35. Morgan 17.5
60-70%
Marist 28. BU. 21
SHU 31.5. PARDS 24.5
50-60%
FU. NOVA. 35-35

DFW HOYA
September 2nd, 2014, 12:10 PM
Dayton - Yes, GU is that bad

It's not a bad team, just undermanned and, in some cases, overmatched.

The Hoyas had just one turnover vs. Wagner, two penalties after halftime, and no major errors on the field. But an 8:44 time of possession in the second half doesn't win many games.

PAllen
September 2nd, 2014, 01:40 PM
It's not a bad team, just undermanned and, in some cases, overmatched.

The Hoyas had just one turnover vs. Wagner, two penalties after halftime, and no major errors on the field. But an 8:44 time of possession in the second half doesn't win many games.

Undermanned, overmatched, call it what you will, but I don't see GU looking too good this year.

Pard4Life
September 2nd, 2014, 03:03 PM
Bassetts
80-90%
LU 35.5 JMU 17.5
DAYTON 35. GU 14
Cross 35. Morgan 17.5
60-70%
Marist 28. BU. 21
SHU 31.5. PARDS 24.5
50-60%
FU. NOVA. 35-35

Are you sure? Massey gave Lehigh a 37% chance vs. JMU. Then again, I have a screenshot on my phone of Massey's % three weeks before the last Lehigh game, where we have a 20% chance... we know how that turned out. So, take it as you will...

Doc QB
September 2nd, 2014, 03:34 PM
Ah, the truth is harshest to whom it condemns the most. :D

Ah yes, the truth...the truth that the two best teams you beat to win the league last year you did without their starting QBs. And that you got smoked in the playoffs, a sub-500 team that did not make the PL look good at all. Yeah, we may think we have a shot at taking out JMU, few good bounces at home against a team with a new coaching staff, schemes, that has historically underachieved. Truth, we're homers I guess. I'll take that truth with the above ones P4L.

RichH2
September 2nd, 2014, 03:41 PM
Are you sure? Massey gave Lehigh a 37% chance vs. JMU. Then again, I have a screenshot on my phone of Massey's % three weeks before the last Lehigh game, where we have a 20% chance... we know how that turned out. So, take it as you will...
Surprised me also,but correct. Neither are particularly accurate early.

jmufan999
September 2nd, 2014, 06:28 PM
ok, i'm only commenting on JMU-Lehigh. sorry, i'm selfish. few thoughts:

1) i don't read into FBS losses.... EVER. never ever ever. if you win, that's awesome. losses mean nothing. and that includes losing by 150 points. way, way, way too many factors (coaching decisions, beatdowns become total landslides when morale wanes, etc.). means nothing to me.

2) i started to say this on the JMU board but seriously want to kill about 95% of those people, so i just avoid the place as much as possible. there is a very specific reason JMU is PRONE to FBS blowouts (or blowouts in general) now compared to the Mickey era, when most losses were close ones: OUR OFFENSE. we're now running the super fast paced offense that is in style. before, we chewed the clock the whole game. so i KNEW beforehand that an outcome like this was possible. trust me, we got crushed JUST as badly vs. UNC in 2011, the scoreboard was just a measly 32 point loss. it means NOTHING. at all. not even a little. same goes for Delaware. can't read into these games, guys. my point is this: we will get blown out from time to time.... but unlike before, we will now blow out OTHER teams, which we haven't consistently done since 2008. it's simply a trade-off. ever notice how few "tempo" teams ALSO have dominating defenses? hard to do because they're constantly on the field after quick strikes or 3-and-outs.

3) JMU-Lehigh. for the singular other JMU fan still on this board, i'm sorry.... i'm picking Lehigh. i don't know why. too much unknown on either side, and JMU has just not been a good road team for so long that it's hard to trust them. i'm afraid their confidence may be shaken a little (although i don't think it SHOULD be shaken). and the other thing is, i keep hearing Lehigh fans say "it will be close".... what's to say Lehigh doesn't win by 14+? that should not totally stun you guys. you're not playing the 2008 JMU team. this is a team without any identity, with MAJOR issues at 3 of 4 secondary spots, and playing on the road for the 2nd straight week with (possibly?) low confidence. oh and arguably our 2nd best defensive player (LB Gage Steele) didn't play last week. may play this week.

these are not excuses, it's just how it is. you're playing us at the right time. i don't often pick against JMU, but i'm not sure how i could justify picking the Dukes here. we'll be much better by the end of the season, but it's going to take time. unfortunately, JMU fans (fans in general?) are not a patient bunch. which is fine, i'll be patient by myself.

JMU 20
Lehigh 31

Bogus Megapardus
September 2nd, 2014, 07:24 PM
Still no sportsbook lines available for this week. Only two FCS games are up so far. Maybe tomorrow morning.

jmufan999
September 2nd, 2014, 07:33 PM
Still no sportsbook lines available for this week. Only two FCS games are up so far. Maybe tomorrow morning.

JMU will be favored by 1.5 - 2.5. again, see my above prediction. just predicting the line here.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 2nd, 2014, 07:33 PM
Bogie, I'm at a loss about the avatar. What's the reference?

FordhamFan
September 2nd, 2014, 07:36 PM
Ram defense last week has an upset over the Wildcats more of a longer shot than expected. 'Nova in a track meet, 42-35.

Honestly the Fordham defense was more impressive than the offense. St. Francis dominated on the ground when Fordham lost interest up 30 something in the 3rd and 4th quarter. The offense was sub optimal and just not hitting on cylinders that it usually does. Nebrich was uncharacteristically inaccurate, don't know how much it'll help him to face a much much better defense this week.

Game is a toss up. I don't know how anybody could be shocked if either team wins.

Tribal
September 2nd, 2014, 07:48 PM
James Madison

Dayton

HOLY CROSS

LAFAYETTE

BUCKNELL

Villanova

Andy
September 2nd, 2014, 08:38 PM
Ah yes, the truth...the truth that the two best teams you beat to win the league last year you did without their starting QBs..

A fun prediction thread read as always, guys. Sorry for parachuting in but the line of thinking above, offered mainly by LU fans gets me going.

Why is FU's jr former starting QB, Maetzold, with at least four starts under his belt, considered a backup QB while Lafayette's freshman, having started 3 games, is not? Reed started the season as the third string QB and entered play in the 7th game of the season. It think it fair to say LC had the better back up QB playing that day.

RichH2
September 2nd, 2014, 09:21 PM
Interesting analysis Andy and correct, if the premise was a comparison of the relative abilities of 3.backup QBs.The issue is the difference between Fordham with Nebrich and without him. Also the difference in Lehigh with Bialkowski and without him. Would Lafayette have beaten either or both if they had had their star QBs? Perhaps,perhaps not.Clearly Lafayette had the better QB in those games to their credit. IMO,Lafayette would not have beaten both with their starters playing.

Andy
September 2nd, 2014, 10:03 PM
Interesting analysis Andy and correct, if the premise was a comparison of the relative abilities of 3.backup QBs.The issue is the difference between Fordham with Nebrich and without him. Also the difference in Lehigh with Bialkowski and without him. Would Lafayette have beaten either or both if they had had their star QBs? Perhaps,perhaps not.Clearly Lafayette had the better QB in those games to their credit. IMO,Lafayette would not have beaten both with their starters playing.

You are fair here rich. I think the LC players should feel pretty proud about their win with a freshman QB at the helm, over a terrific FU team, Nebrich or not. Lehigh fans are quick to point out the fact, over and over, that LC beat teams w/out their starting QBs. But when they cite with glee the Leopards poor start and sub .500 record they never mention the fact that Lafayette's experienced QB, whom the coaches had high expectations for, went down for the season in the 2nd game.

I won't bog down the thread any longer. Good luck to all this week.

RichH2
September 2nd, 2014, 10:24 PM
Not a bog Andy. Always good to have intelligent posts. Agree Lafayette should be proud of overcoming injuries to win key games.As fans we're disappointed that we were not nearly the same team without BB. Good luck to you also this weekend. Can always hope for a PL sweep :)

ngineer
September 2nd, 2014, 10:52 PM

Not amazing at all. We accept we are the underdogs in this game, but still believe that our team will find a way to win. A lot of spotted pussies live with a cloud over their heads. Just a different perspective of life I guess.

Bogus Megapardus
September 2nd, 2014, 11:01 PM
Bogie, I'm at a loss about the avatar. What's the reference?

That's a tribute to the amazing, innovative Carol Kaye. A classic rock musician that everyone has heard but practically no one has heard of.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/JV-P71HXmTk/hqdefault.jpg

Ritchie Valens wouldn't exist without her, for starters. It goes on from there. "One of the most prolific and widely heard bass guitarists in history, playing on an estimated 10,000 recording sessions in a 55-year career."

NB: LFN, please clear your inbox! xcoolx

Southsider
September 3rd, 2014, 07:04 AM
Ah yes, the truth...the truth that the two best teams you beat to win the league last year you did without their starting QBs. And that you got smoked in the playoffs, a sub-500 team that did not make the PL look good at all. Yeah, we may think we have a shot at taking out JMU, few good bounces at home against a team with a new coaching staff, schemes, that has historically underachieved. Truth, we're homers I guess. I'll take that truth with the above ones P4L.

Doc, spare your fingertips. He's not worth it.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 3rd, 2014, 08:38 AM
Done Bogie, and thanks for the explanation. Is she an SHU grad?

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2014, 10:11 AM
Lehigh fans can't claim they were hindered by a backup QB and then say Lafayette was a true sub .500 team. Well, Lafayette's sub .500 record is a result of "being hindered by a backup QB." And by back-up QB, I mean "not Drew Reed" as QB.

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2014, 10:17 AM

The PL Presidents did not make the league look good, not us. Fordham made the PL look good by being ranked #5 and winning a game. We would have won the auto bid in any event and Fordham would have made it as an at-large. And UNH was a different beast from September to November.

In any event, both LC and LU both started scholarship freshmen at QB. Both were back-ups in the usual sense of the word.

aceinthehole
September 3rd, 2014, 10:30 AM
Done Bogie, and thanks for the explanation. Is she an SHU grad?

I doubt it, but if Bogie wants to have fun with Lafayette-Sacred Heart this week, may I sugget a Cliff Claven reference or a maybe a Weekend Update with Kevin Nealon. Both actors are SHU grads. xthumbsupx

heath
September 3rd, 2014, 10:33 AM
The PL Presidents did not make the league look good, not us. Fordham made the PL look good by being ranked #5 and winning a game. We would have won the auto bid in any event and Fordham would have made it as an at-large. And UNH was a different beast from September to November.

In any event, both LC and LU both started scholarship freshmen at QB. Both were back-ups in the usual sense of the word.
Lafayette was much better with their back-up as they had a pretty bad starter. You could go no where but up. Lehigh had a first year starter that was putting up huge numbers. It's sad that Lehigh wasn't healthy at that position going in to the final weeks of the season.......at least then the PL would never have been embarrassed in the playoffs thanks to Lafayette. Mr. Reed will be no surprise this season,in fact may have a bulls eye on his rear. Hello sophomore slump.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 3rd, 2014, 11:11 AM
I doubt it, but if Bogie wants to have fun with Lafayette-Sacred Heart this week, may I sugget a Cliff Claven reference or a maybe a Weekend Update with Kevin Nealon. Both actors are SHU grads. xthumbsupx

Huge Kevin Nealon fan. One of my favorite stand-up comics ever, and to me the best Weekend Update anchor SNL ever had. How he didn't crack up when delivering some of his jokes is a great mystery to me.

Subliminal Man:

"Of course Lafayette are Patriot League champs and should win but wont and quarterback Drew Reed will complete a lot of passes to Sacred Heart defenders..."

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2014, 11:40 AM
Lafayette was much better with their back-up as they had a pretty bad starter. You could go no where but up. Lehigh had a first year starter that was putting up huge numbers. It's sad that Lehigh wasn't healthy at that position going in to the final weeks of the season.......at least then the PL would never have been embarrassed in the playoffs thanks to Lafayette. Mr. Reed will be no surprise this season,in fact may have a bulls eye on his rear. Hello sophomore slump.

ZZ was our actual starter before being injured. He was a very good QB but was getting killed early by poor OL play, which led to his injury. I can't even remember our second string guy but he was pick happy and it cost us wins at Princeton and Harvard. It's not fair to say the only way forward was up... it could have been worse or no gain. Clearly, we improved overall and it showed at the end of the year, particularly OL play.

So essentially you are writing off your season because Bialowski was injured? That's a bit unfair. You were getting smoked at BU when he was injured. And you beat Colgate with Shaf, something we failed to do. So you can't claim "oh, injuries did us in."

And I'll say it again, UNH was not the same team you beat in September... UNH's play was baffling too that game. We did not show up and were not motivated; our coaches and players said as much, and UNH was the better team.... they embarrassed everyone until NDSU.

Doc QB
September 3rd, 2014, 02:45 PM

That is also a truth....a big one at that , and I dont think LU would have beaten them with BB the way UNH was playing end of the year. Last fall's Rivalry game still hurts, you guys put 50 on us at home and took the trophy. But it often seems you LC guys spend more time making snarky comments about posts we write about for our beloved Engineers and spend way less time extolling the virtues of your own program.

Bogus Megapardus
September 3rd, 2014, 04:48 PM
Week 2 Sportsbook:

James Madison (-6) at Lehigh

Dayton (-9) vs. Georgetown

Holy Cross (-7½) vs. Morgan State

Villanova (-10) vs. Fordham

Sacred Heart (-3) vs. Lafayette

Bucknell (-4½) at Marist

Colgate - Bye

RichH2
September 3rd, 2014, 04:54 PM
Nova giving 10 pts? Seems high butwhat doI know :)

Ivytalk
September 3rd, 2014, 05:26 PM
I agree with the picks of the mighty swami, carney2.

ngineer
September 3rd, 2014, 06:08 PM
That is also a truth....a big one at that , and I dont think LU would have beaten them with BB the way UNH was playing end of the year. Last fall's Rivalry game still hurts, you guys put 50 on us at home and took the trophy. But it often seems you LC guys spend more time making snarky comments about posts we write about for our beloved Engineers and spend way less time extolling the virtues of your own program.

True, dat.

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2014, 06:17 PM

It's kind of hard not to do so when every other post, it seems, has something to do with Lehigh. Even the other members of AGS have picked up on this notion. Even if we extolled the virtues of LC, it's not like anyone in Brown would dare acknowledge us.

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2014, 06:20 PM
Week 2 Sportsbook:

James Madison (-6) at Lehigh

Dayton (-9) vs. Georgetown

Holy Cross (-7½) vs. Morgan State

Villanova (-10) vs. Fordham

Sacred Heart (-3) vs. Lafayette

Bucknell (-4½) at Marist

Colgate - Bye

These lines seem pretty accurate, I'd say. What is the acknowledged home field advantage in college football? 1.5 or 3.5 points? Might be getting confused with basketball...

RichH2
September 3rd, 2014, 06:36 PM
It's kind of hard not to do so when every other post, it seems, has something to do with Lehigh. Even the other members of AGS have picked up on this notion. Even if we extolled the virtues of LC, it's not like anyone in Brown would dare acknowledge us.

You need our acknowledgement to praise your own team? Odd concept. Perhaps some help. Pards return aguably best RB inPL along with one of the top 3 QBs. Also, as a group ,an
a very good 2 ndary. A veteran OL. That should start you off.
You do understand that we come here as Lehigh not to extol any other teams strengths

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2014, 07:29 PM
You need our acknowledgement to praise your own team? Odd concept. Perhaps some help. Pards return aguably best RB inPL along with one of the top 3 QBs. Also, as a group ,an
a very good 2 ndary. A veteran OL. That should start you off.
You do understand that we come here as Lehigh not to extol any other teams strengths

No, I never implied that... nice try though. So, you can't expect me to sing Lehigh's praises either.

Schuerman may seem like the best RB in the PL, I think that nod will go to the Fordham frosh.

Reed is the clear #2 QB in the league. Nebrich is a machine, but Reed is working himself towards that level.

Secondary is the best unit in the PL. Problem is the DL may have depth issues, opening up the pass.

OL has been one big question since 2010. The second half of last season was a black swan.

RichH2
September 3rd, 2014, 07:36 PM
Well,we agree on Edmonds. Not going to crown him yet. Lets see how he does vs Nova.

JoltinJoe
September 3rd, 2014, 07:45 PM
Nova giving 10 pts? Seems high butwhat doI know :)

Take the 10 if anyone who will actually give you 10. Fordham wins outright.

carney2
September 3rd, 2014, 07:59 PM
But it often seems you LC guys spend more time making snarky comments about posts we write about for our beloved Engineers and spend way less time extolling the virtues of your own program.

It doesn't seem that way. It is that way. C'mon, Doc, you're a graduate. You know how it works. Before the internet it was only for a week, and you had to run into someone at a bar or a party. Now it's a year round activity.

By the way, finally got up the nerve to buy a bottle of the your recommended Blanton's bourbon. Had to sneak the receipt past the wife, but it was well worth the subterfuge if not the price. Recommending Jefferson Reserve in that same price range.

carney2
September 3rd, 2014, 08:06 PM
I agree with the picks of the mighty swami, carney2.

Next I predict that there will someday be a football balanced precariously on the roof of Lafayette's Bourger Varsity Football House after a Harvard extra point. (You had to be there.)

Bogus Megapardus
September 3rd, 2014, 08:37 PM

http://i62.tinypic.com/6h1e7b.png

  

Bogus Megapardus
September 3rd, 2014, 09:00 PM
You LC guys spend more time making snarky comments about posts we write about for our beloved Engineers and spend way less time extolling the virtues of your own program.

I take personal responsibility for my snarky comments. They ought not be attributed to others.

Many Lafayette posters on AGS are very gracious and fair-mined towards the Sinister Sheetstains of the Saucon. I, on the other hand, am incapable of such decorum because I loathe Lehigh, and everything about Lehigh, to the very core of my being.

Besides the virtues of our program are both self-evident and widely-recognized. xnodx

Sader87
September 3rd, 2014, 09:39 PM
Nice Bobby V avatar Bogey.....he was a very good hs RB, my former high school AD (since retired) recruited him to HC when he coached there in the late 60s.

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2014, 09:42 PM
Very true Bogie. After all, some Lehigh fans view their main rival as Colgate, so it's understandable why Lehigh fans might feel the need to have amicable discourse with us.

PS three years later and that Frankosaurus cartoon still cracks me up. He should be the the team mascot, not the Pard. That would sell tickets.

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2014, 09:44 PM
Nice Bobby V avatar Bogey.....he was a very good hs RB, my former high school AD (since retired) recruited him to HC when he coached there in the late 60s.

He is a terrible bike rider though!

Pard4Life
September 3rd, 2014, 09:50 PM
Next I predict that there will someday be a football balanced precariously on the roof of Lafayette's Bourger Varsity Football House after a Harvard extra point. (You had to be there.)

Ah yes! Ironically, I found my ticket stub for that game in my glove compartment (keep my tickets there so I don't forget them at home).

That was the only thing memorable from that game... and the Jet KO return for a TD that was negated by a BS penalty... Frank went ballistic. The Harvard games from those years all just blend together... one big pile... in the last five years, I think that game was the lowest point of Lafayette football.

BucBisonAtLarge
September 3rd, 2014, 10:42 PM
James Madison-
Dayton -
Holy Cross
Villanova
Lafayette
Bucknell

Bogus Megapardus
September 3rd, 2014, 10:45 PM
I just made a new Sacred Heart avatar. I used Bobby V. (although a different version) last year and I guess I was just getting lazy.

The new avatar is an adaptation of P4L's. I think it works quite nicely in this instance, though.

http://i60.tinypic.com/23j0bk9.png

Lehigh Football Nation
September 4th, 2014, 12:04 AM
I'm just glad the Frankasaur crawled out of his cave to make his picks!

Leopard Loyalist
September 4th, 2014, 08:26 AM
James Madison @ LEHIGH (But Lehigh has an unfortunate habit of surprising/disappointing me.)

GEORGETOWN @ Dayton (Went for the Hoyas last week. I can't be fooled twice.)

Morgan State @ HOLY CROSS (Crusaders on the road to recovery.)

FORDHAM @ Villanova ('Nova pumped up by performance vs. Syracuse)
LAFAYETTE @ Sacred Heart (Just think we need a week to get the kinks out.)

BUCKNELL @ Marist (Bison continue to roll, for the time being.)

ColgateTD
September 4th, 2014, 09:39 AM
Lehigh
Dayton
Holy Cross
Nova
Lafayette
Bucknell

crusader11
September 4th, 2014, 09:45 AM
3-2 in Week 1....

James Madison @ Lehigh – JMU wasn’t all that great last week, but think they get it done at Goodman.

Georgetown @ Dayton – Long season for the hapless Hoyas.

Morgan State @ Holy Cross – Dear God we better win.

Fordham @ Villanova – In what is the best FCS game of the week, I’ll take the home team.

Lafayette @ Sacred Heart – ‘Pards in a nail biter.

Bucknell @ Marist – The easy OOC for the Bison continues with a win on the road.

bison137
September 4th, 2014, 10:15 AM

Actually much better than very good. He had well over 50 scholarship offers for football, including ones from USC, Michigan, Notre Dame, Nebraska, etc. He displays a lot of the offer letters in his sports bar in Stamford, although not one from HC. He ultimately signed with USC as the possible successor to OJ at TB but then in the spring he decided to go the baseball route and took a big bonus from the Dodgers. When he graduated I believe he was the #1 scorer in CT history, and he remained in the top 5 until the mid-90's when players with more games and higher-octane offenses passed him.

Valentine made 1st team all-state three times in football and might still be the only CT player to have done that.

Doc QB
September 4th, 2014, 10:53 AM
It doesn't seem that way. It is that way. C'mon, Doc, you're a graduate. You know how it works. Before the internet it was only for a week, and you had to run into someone at a bar or a party. Now it's a year round activity. By the way, finally got up the nerve to buy a bottle of the your recommended Blanton's bourbon. Had to sneak the receipt past the wife, but it was well worth the subterfuge if not the price. Recommending Jefferson Reserve in that same price range.

My dad finished my Blanton's Labor Day. I'm out, and it is scarce in stores right now as this years bottling hasn't left Kentucky. Jeff's is on my shelf, too. Good stuff. I am low on Bookers, a higher alcohol content, more spicy expression in the Blanton's price tag range. EXCELLENT in flask during cooler fall months in the stands. It was the only good thing I remember from Goodman from our last game of the year in 2013. The ONLY thing.

But, flasks will empty, seasons finish. You buy new stuff, summer camp starts, the flask fills anew, and kickoff looms. Great time of year. Should be fun weekend for all PLers.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 4th, 2014, 10:56 AM
Game preview, JMU at Lehigh:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/09/game-preview-james-madison-at-lehigh.html

Because it's all Lehigh all the time :P

Doc QB
September 4th, 2014, 10:56 AM
I take personal responsibility for my snarky comments. They ought not be attributed to others. Many Lafayette posters on AGS are very gracious and fair-mined towards the Sinister Sheetstains of the Saucon. I, on the other hand, am incapable of such decorum because I loathe Lehigh, and everything about Lehigh, to the very core of my being. Besides the virtues of our program are both self-evident and widely-recognized. xnodx

BM, that is the best nickname for us, of all time. Aliteration or onomotompeia (sp)? Laughed outloud. I still love poo jokes.

aceinthehole
September 4th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Actually much better than very good. He had well over 50 scholarship offers for football, including ones from USC, Michigan, Notre Dame, Nebraska, etc. He displays a lot of the offer letters in his sports bar in Stamford, although not one from HC. He ultimately signed with USC as the possible successor to OJ at TB but then in the spring he decided to go the baseball route and took a big bonus from the Dodgers. When he graduated I believe he was the #1 scorer in CT history, and he remained in the top 5 until the mid-90's when players with more games and higher-octane offenses passed him.

Valentine made 1st team all-state three times in football and might still be the only CT player to have done that.

Yep. A football and baseball standout at Rippowam H.S. (Stamford), Bobby V. is arguably the best high school athlete in Connecticut history, although Scott Burrell is certainly in that converstation. Burrell, who played at Hamden High, was the first American athlete to be a first round draft-pick of two major leagues (NBA and MLB).

ngineer
September 4th, 2014, 12:03 PM
3-2 in Week 1....

James Madison @ Lehigh – JMU wasn’t all that great last week, but think they get it done at Goodman.

Georgetown @ Dayton – Long season for the hapless Hoyas.

Morgan State @ Holy Cross – Dear God we better win.

Fordham @ Villanova – In what is the best FCS game of the week, I’ll take the home team.

Lafayette @ Sacred Heart – ‘Pards in a nail biter.

Bucknell @ Marist – The easy OOC for the Bison continues with a win on the road.

No question. A loss to Morgan State, at home, would be deadly. On top of the way the Crusaders lost to Albany, that would be devastating.

Fordhamanhattan
September 4th, 2014, 01:07 PM
James Madison over the erstwhile Engineers, 34-27
The Flyers soar over the Hoya, 35-19
The Cross trounces Morgan State 54-23
The Leopards break Sacred Heart, 42-23
The Bison roam over the Hudson River boys, 23-0
and the Rams of Fordham takes the V from Villanova, 45-29

Pard4Life
September 4th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Last week: 5-0
Season: 5-0

James Madison 34, Lehigh 21... too many questions for the Fountain Fowl: unsteady QB, new offensive coordinator, defensive questions. Plus, JMU is likely your usual CAA team, and all the PL schools are not at that talent level, yet. Nonetheless Lehigh finds ways to score, but their defense won't be up to the task.

Dayton 24, Georgetown 14... I know nothing of Dayton, but I know the Hoyas have major problems.

Holy Cross 35, Morgan State 17... gut check time for the Saders. Will they roll over in week two? But, their offense is very talented, enough to take command in Albany last week before stalling, but HC should be able to take care of this type of opponent.

Villanova 24, Fordham 21... close game, but Nova prevails. No surprises this year.

Sacred Heart 35, Lafayette 28... SHU is a good team, but we have problems: lack of DL depth, and SHU has a power ground game. And LC has been eaten alive by power ground games. Need I say more? We may need to outscore them to win and I have confidence in Reed, but can you say the same about our OL? Our new WRs? If this were week three, maybe a win, but there is just too much to iron out here... Plus you know Frank will Frankosaur the joint when we should be flinging it all over the place.

Bucknell 28, Marist 3... Was last week and abberation? No D and all O in Lewisburg?! The poles reverse this week.

bison137
September 4th, 2014, 01:57 PM
Bucknell 28, Marist 3... Was last week and abberation? No D and all O in Lewisburg?! The poles reverse this week.

Bucknell continues to have both starting CB's plus an All-PL safety out due to injury. Very doubtful they will hold Marist to 3 points. Hopefully not 38 thought.

Bill
September 4th, 2014, 02:39 PM
My dad finished my Blanton's Labor Day. I'm out, and it is scarce in stores right now as this years bottling hasn't left Kentucky. Jeff's is on my shelf, too. Good stuff. I am low on Bookers, a higher alcohol content, more spicy expression in the Blanton's price tag range. EXCELLENT in flask during cooler fall months in the stands. It was the only good thing I remember from Goodman from our last game of the year in 2013. The ONLY thing.

But, flasks will empty, seasons finish. You buy new stuff, summer camp starts, the flask fills anew, and kickoff looms. Great time of year. Should be fun weekend for all PLers.

Hey Doc and Carney

I'm a scotch drinker...prefer single malts like Macallan and Oban. I am always interested in trying something new. However, other than Jack Daniels and Rebel Yell, I have very little experience with bourbon. Are Blanton's and Jefferson smooth sippers? What price range are we talking about?

Thanks....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 4th, 2014, 04:11 PM
5-0 last week...

Dayton 27 Georgetown 10 - this one won't be too exciting....

Holy Cross 27 Morgan State 21 - HC outplayed a pretty poor team last week and found a way to lose. They can't allow that to happen two weeks in a row. Pujals is very solid....

Bucknell 38 Marist 27 - The Bison have found an offense dating back to last year. Strangely it's the defense that's going missing.

Lafayette 31 Sacred Heart 28 - Lafayette needs to win the game for themselves and for the league...Step up and win...

Villanova 38 Fordham 31 - I simply can't see Fordham beating the 'Nova team I saw last week at the dome. If the Rams were 100% healthy I'd be more inclined to pick them....

JMU 28 Lehigh 24 - If Lehigh pounded cupcake state last week and looked solid doing so I could justify picking them. As it is, I give the slightest of edge to JMU. If Lehigh avoids silly mistakes they win....

FU, LU and LC simply can't go 0-3. That would be a step back for the league. I think 2-1 is very possible, 3-0 and Citdog and others will have a melt down....0-3 and someone will need to ban hammer El Cit.....

Andy
September 4th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Hey Doc and Carney

I'm a scotch drinker...prefer single malts like Macallan and Oban. I am always interested in trying something new. However, other than Jack Daniels and Rebel Yell, I have very little experience with bourbon. Are Blanton's and Jefferson smooth sippers? What price range are we talking about?

Thanks....

They got my attention as well, Bill.:)

Looks like $50.49 here upstate. $46.99 at Bottle King, Ramsey. So, the price tag is an attention getter as well! Gotta try it though....

A rating:

Blanton's:

"Leather and buttered popcorn pop up on the nose, along with vanilla, dried cherry and oak notes all reminiscent of a Panettone cake. The texture is oily and fat, while the taste is buttery, rich and sumptuous. It finishes with notes of toasted wood and butter. An incomparable whiskey that unfolds in the glass." Ultimate Beverage Challenge, 97 Points (Mar 2013)

Jefferson Small Batch - $33.99 at Bottl King. All 750ml.

jayhawkdaddy
September 4th, 2014, 07:38 PM
League Pick 'em - Week 2
James Madison @ Lehigh
Georgetown @ Dayton
Morgan State @ Holy Cross
Fordham @ Villanova
Lafayette @ Sacred Heart
Bucknell @ Marist

Pard4Life
September 4th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Didn't think of it that way Owl but yeah 0-3 would be ugly... and I picked it that way! Love how you picked the Pards to be our salvation... I went with 0-3. It's the matchups. And Laf Lehigh are likely a year or two away...

carney2
September 5th, 2014, 07:58 AM
They got my attention as well, Bill.:)

Looks like $50.49 here upstate. $46.99 at Bottle King, Ramsey. So, the price tag is an attention getter as well! Gotta try it though....

A rating:

Blanton's:

"Leather and buttered popcorn pop up on the nose, along with vanilla, dried cherry and oak notes all reminiscent of a Panettone cake. The texture is oily and fat, while the taste is buttery, rich and sumptuous. It finishes with notes of toasted wood and butter. An incomparable whiskey that unfolds in the glass." Ultimate Beverage Challenge, 97 Points (Mar 2013)

Jefferson Small Batch - $33.99 at Bottl King. All 750ml.

Despite my Scottish heritage I could never acquire a taste for Scotch.. Be that as it may, I think you've focused on the wrong Jefferson, Andy. The "good stuff" is every bit in the same price range as Blanton's and is labeled "Very old" and "Very Small Batch." They have a marketing problem in that both the good and the great stuff look pretty much the same up on the shelf. You'll know the difference by the price - and the taste.

Back to PL football. It appears through 100+ posts and eliminating some aimless wandering about Bobby Valentine and premier bourbons that the following trends have emerged;

Most like JMU over the Brown Stains. Is this a comment on the superiority of the CAA or a lack of confidence in the 2014 Squawks? That isn't clear.

No one likes Georgetown. No surprise there.

Bucknell is picked by all over Marist. Even the Hoyas may get a few nods vs. the Red Foxes next week. Need to see the Bufs in a real game one of these days.

The Cross is getting a vote of confidence vs. Morgan State. Probably deserved. The kids did a good job last week at Albany. It's the adults who screwed the pooch.

Lots of love for Lafayette as they travel to Sacred Heart. Surprisingly, the naysayers on this board are mostly Pards.

No love outside The Bronx for the Rams this week.

DFW HOYA
September 5th, 2014, 08:19 AM

Two ways to fix that: fix scholarships or fix the AI. The former isn't happening and the latter is still clung to by the PL purists.

As to Georgetown's numbers, its average SAT crossed another threshold in 2014: 701V, 700M. Any impact players out there with numbers like that that don't want a full ride? Didn't think so.

Fordhamanhattan
September 5th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Does that average include the basketball team?

2ram
September 5th, 2014, 09:12 AM

+1. and what is the average $ value of the scholarship for basketball players?

bison137
September 5th, 2014, 09:51 AM

Yeah, but for basketball the 701 is a two-part score.

RichH2
September 5th, 2014, 10:01 AM
xlolx and now 10,9,8,7.... for DFW.

Bill
September 5th, 2014, 10:28 AM

Just think, Sader. You too could have been....:D

http://youtu.be/xNzBgR0UoYo

Sader87
September 5th, 2014, 10:41 AM
The HAL9000 has been somewhat smug all week going 5-0 in the opening weekend. Told that this week's offerings should prove to be more of a challenge, he retorted: "Bring 'em on."

JMU 34 Lehigh 24 HAL believes that the Dukes with a game under their belts (ugly as it was) should prevail over an Engineer squad that has some questions starting the year.

Dayton 27 GTown 16 At first HAL thought this was a basketball game, once the adjustments were made he liked the Flyers at home.

Villanova 35 Fordham 31 HAL is a big proponent of home field advantage.

Sacred Heart 27 Lafayette 24 HAL likes the Pards this year, he just likes the fact that the Pioneers have already played a game and are at home.

Bucknell 20 Marist 10 Again HAL thought this was a hoop contest initially...when told it wasn't, he went with the Bison to gain a split for the PL with the Pioneer Football league this week.

Holy Cross 34 Morgan St 31 HAL sees a wild, offensive affair at Fitton with the Crusaders pulling out a much needed victory.

superman7515
September 5th, 2014, 10:49 AM
James Madison @ LEHIGH
GEORGETOWN @ Dayton
FORDHAM @ Villanova
LAFAYETTE @ Sacred Heart
BUCKNELL @ Marist
BYE @ COLGATE

Sandlapper Spike
September 5th, 2014, 11:33 AM
James Madison @ LEHIGH

GEORGETOWN @ Dayton

FORDHAM @ Villanova

LAFAYETTE @ Sacred Heart

BUCKNELL @ Marist

DFW HOYA
September 5th, 2014, 12:14 PM
To our Bucknell friend, I don't feed the trolls.

One wonders if he has the same disdain for those Georgetown lacrosse recruits or the soccer recruits that are also recruited by Big East standards. Clearly, they too earn your scorn...or do they not fit your pre-judgment about their SAT's?

Bogus Megapardus
September 5th, 2014, 12:27 PM
To our Bucknell friend, I don't feed the trolls . . .

. . . he says, amidst his troll-feeding response. Trying to cut calories, are you? xcoffeex

Lehigh Football Nation
September 5th, 2014, 12:30 PM
James Madison @ LEHIGH
GEORGETOWN @ Dayton
FORDHAM @ Villanova
LAFAYETTE @ Sacred Heart
BUCKNELL @ Marist
BYE @ COLGATE

Interesting, Supe. Hope you're right.

bison137
September 5th, 2014, 12:33 PM

One wonders if he has the same disdain for those Georgetown lacrosse recruits or the soccer recruits that are also recruited by Big East standards. Clearly, they too earn your scorn...or do they not fit your pre-judgment about their SAT's?

Nope, no scorn for them because their average SAT's are likely much higher than those of the hoops players.

DFW HOYA
September 5th, 2014, 12:51 PM
Nope, no scorn for them because their average SAT's are likely much higher than those of the hoops players.

Lacrosse and soccer kids can score just as poorly on test as kids that play basketball, and vice versa. Sometimes, I think we forget this.

Now, back to football.

2ram
September 5th, 2014, 01:03 PM

i'm fine with asking the question about all of them. what are their sat's and do they get full scholarships? not trolling just would like to understand within the context of football.

van
September 5th, 2014, 02:50 PM
James Madison @ LEHIGH, first game mistakes probably do us in, although I am optimistic about this years team

GEORGETOWN @ Dayton, Hoyas looking weaker than last year

Morgan State @ HOLY CROSS, surely they can beat a MEAC team

FORDHAM @ Villanova, Rams step it up this week

LAFAYETTE @ Sacred Heart, home team edge in a close one

BUCKNELL @ Marist, this could be Bison's year

Bogus Megapardus
September 5th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Lacrosse and soccer kids can score just as poorly on test as kids that play basketball, and vice versa. Sometimes, I think we forget this.

Now, back to football.

Not in the Patriot League. Sometimes, I think we forget this. And our crappy lax team beat you last year. xnodx

Now, back to football.

Pard4Life
September 5th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Despite my Scottish heritage I could never acquire a taste for Scotch.. Be that as it may, I think you've focused on the wrong Jefferson, Andy. The "good stuff" is every bit in the same price range as Blanton's and is labeled "Very old" and "Very Small Batch." They have a marketing problem in that both the good and the great stuff look pretty much the same up on the shelf. You'll know the difference by the price - and the taste.

Back to PL football. It appears through 100+ posts and eliminating some aimless wandering about Bobby Valentine and premier bourbons that the following trends have emerged;

Most like JMU over the Brown Stains. Is this a comment on the superiority of the CAA or a lack of confidence in the 2014 Squawks? That isn't clear.

Bucknell is picked by all over Marist. Even the Hoyas may get a few nods vs. the Red Foxes next week. Need to see the Bufs in a real game one of these days.

The Cross is getting a vote of confidence vs. Morgan State. Probably deserved. The kids did a good job last week at Albany. It's the adults who screwed the pooch.

Lots of love for Lafayette as they travel to Sacred Heart. Surprisingly, the naysayers on this board are mostly Pards.

No love outside The Bronx for the Rams this week.

See carney? We Pards are man enough to be objective and thoroughly analyze our own team, unlike the Pigeon Partisans. They have relentlessly criticized us for wearing maroon glasses. Meanwhile, they are confident, pracitcally assured of a JMU victory. Hate to say it, but Lehigh has more questions than us, and they are playing a better team. At least LFN can take an honest look (for a change).

PS disagree with your blog post LFN about the 2010 goal line stand assuring a victory over Pards. Frank Tavani play calling assured that victory. Not being sour grapes and dumping on the win, but EVERYONE IN THE STADIUM KNEW THE DARN PLAY!

Bogus Megapardus
September 5th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Lafayette at Sacred Heart will be on ESPN3. I'm guessing it will be the Laubach/Joseph/Leone call, which is nice.

http://www.goleopards.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090514aab.html

"LSN's traditional live distribution to more than 10 million viewers on RCN-TV and WBPH-60 covering all of Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey will be enhanced again this season by live coverage on all of RCN's cable systems in major markets along the East Coast. RCN subscribers in Boston (226,000), New York City (250,000), Philadelphia (382,000) and Washington, D.C. (131,000) will be able to watch Lafayette games live on the RCN-TV network. In addition to standard definition dial positions (4 in the Lehigh Valley and 8 elsewhere), RCN-TV can be seen on the HD tier (1004 in the Lehigh Valley and 608 elsewhere).

All 11 contests will be streamed live worldwide by the Lafayette Sports Network and GoLeopards.com on the Patriot League Network. The Patriot League Network is premium web-based programming produced by member institutions of the Patriot League. Viewers can watch streaming video of Lafayette contests (live and archived) and other exclusive content online for free on computers, tablets or mobile devices. There are no per-game, monthly or annual subscriptions fees to access content on PLN.

Select games will air live on ESPN3 and WatchESPN, ESPN's streaming servies, as a part of LSN's continuing partnership with ESPN. Many LSN telecasts will also be distributed on ESPN GamePlan, ESPN's pay-per-view service available through DirecTV, Dish Network and several cable systems nationally. LSN's distribution on ESPN3, WatchESPN and ESPN GamePlan will be announced on a weekly basis throughout the season."

MUCH better than Lehigh - ed.

Lehigh'98
September 5th, 2014, 05:45 PM
See carney? We Pards are man enough to be objective and thoroughly analyze our own team, unlike the Pigeon Partisans. They have relentlessly criticized us for wearing maroon glasses. Meanwhile, they are confident, pracitcally assured of a JMU victory. Hate to say it, but Lehigh has more questions than us, and they are playing a better team. At least LFN can take an honest look (for a change).

PS disagree with your blog post LFN about the 2010 goal line stand assuring a victory over Pards. Frank Tavani play calling assured that victory. Not being sour grapes and dumping on the win, but EVERYONE IN THE STADIUM KNEW THE DARN PLAY!

I've seen quite a few LU fans (myself one) pick JMU. You just see what you wanna see. Like you said, too many question marks. A few have picked us and with as inconsistent as JMU has been, that's not unheard of. The line is JMU -8 and I think it's right on. Now if we start picking us to win at UNH next week, that will be wishful thinking.

Bogus Megapardus
September 5th, 2014, 07:00 PM
Laubach and Joseph preview our Ponderous Pardsvillians as they head to Sacred Heart -

http://youtu.be/kTwgUueUUP4
  
  
  

Lehigh Football Nation
September 5th, 2014, 11:26 PM
My picks this week (includes links to video, audio, live stats):

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2014/09/2014-week-1-viewing-guide-and-fearless.html

Last week I went 4-1, fearlessly picking Georgetown. P4L called the pick foolish instead of fearless. This week, not so fearless.

Bill
September 5th, 2014, 11:29 PM
See carney? We Pards are man enough to be objective and thoroughly analyze our own team, unlike the Pigeon Partisans. They have relentlessly criticized us for wearing maroon glasses. Meanwhile, they are confident, pracitcally assured of a JMU victory.

Huh?

Anyhow, I'd like to see the metadata on this one. I know I picked JMU, 24-17...would like to see those stats. Off the top of my head, I say Engineers fans were roughly 50/50 on this one...

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Huh?

Anyhow, I'd like to see the metadata on this one. I know I picked JMU, 24-17...would like to see those stats. Off the top of my head, I say Engineers fans were roughly 50/50 on this one...
As were CAA fans. I went with LU and said then that no one should ask me for reasons as I dont have any,just a feeling.

Pard4Life
September 6th, 2014, 08:12 AM
Huh?

Typo. Lehigh fans Id say are going 70-30 Lehigh, 50-50 everyone else.

CrusaderBob
September 6th, 2014, 08:22 AM
4 -1 Last week due to a prominent fumble returned for a TD. Ugggh.

On to this week ...

James Madison
Dayton
Villanova
Sacred Heart
Bucknell
Holy Cross

Pard4Life
September 6th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Worth a mention LFN, but before you bring up the poor attendance at today's game, keep in mind that it is going to be 93 today.

Lehigh might be gassed by the end of the game.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Good luck to all PL teams today. xthumbsupx

Pard4Life
September 6th, 2014, 09:50 AM

Wish I could say the same for ALL teams.... ....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 6th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Wish I could say the same for ALL teams.... ....

Good thing that positive sentiments mean nothing to the outcome of the game. Only you would frown upon Lehigh, Fordham and LC going 3-0 today. It would be great for the 'Pards and the league.....

ColgateTD
September 6th, 2014, 10:06 AM

Good luck to all PL teams today.

Engineer86
September 6th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Good thing that positive sentiments mean nothing to the outcome of the game. Only you would frown upon Lehigh, Fordham and LC going 3-0 today. It would be great for the 'Pards and the league.....

The LU envy runs deep in that one.

Gater
September 6th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Good day to be Patriotleagueotic. League needs early wins and late wins and mutual respect/hate in the middle.

FordhamFan
September 6th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Fordham by 10 today

bison137
September 6th, 2014, 12:10 PM
JMU
Dayton
Villanova
Sacred Heart
Bucknell
Holy Cross

Full disclosure - posted at 1:09. JMU-LU game is the only one that had started.

Bogus Megapardus
September 6th, 2014, 02:20 PM
A note on possible PLN/Campus Insiders streaming issues:

Changes to Campus Insiders' proprietary "LiveStream" player along with recent updates to Windows 7/8 might prevent the game streams from working properly for you, depending on your security settings (as it did for me today).

If you get nothing but a non-stop "spinning wheel" over a freeze-frame picture of the game, that changes every time you refresh your browser, do this:

1. Hover your cursor over the middle of the LiveStream player window.
2. Right click to being up a menu window.
3. Left click "Settings..."
4. Left click on the yellow folder icon with the green arrow above it.
5. Uncheck "Never Ask Again" (if it is checked) in the Local Storage window.
6. Move the slider to "100 KB"
7. Left click the Close button.
8. Refresh your browser and clear your browser cache.
9. Restart the LiveStream player.

That should take care of it. It did for me, after a great deal of mucking around with a bunch of other things that it turned out to be unrelated to the problem.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 02:28 PM
A note on possible PLN/Campus Insiders streaming issues:

Changes to Campus Insiders' proprietary "LiveStream" player along with recent updates to Windows 7/8 might prevent the game streams from working properly for you, depending on your security settings (as it did for me today).

If you get nothing but a non-stop "spinning wheel" over a freeze-frame picture of the game, that changes every time you refresh your browser, do this:

1. Hover your cursor over the middle of the LiveStream player window.
2. Right click to being up a menu window.
3. Left click "Settings..."
4. Left click on the yellow folder icon with the green arrow above it.
5. Uncheck "Never Ask Again" (if it is checked) in the Local Storage window.
6. Move the slider to "100 KB"
7. Left click the Close button.
8. Refresh your browser and clear your browser cache.
9. Restart the LiveStream player.

That should take care of it. It did for me, after a great deal of mucking around with a bunch of other things that it turned out to be unrelated to the problem.

Thks Bogie. Happenedto me. Watching on phone

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, your fix worked Thanks

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 6th, 2014, 02:29 PM
nt

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Interesting. Sawyer rotating a lot on OL. with noloss of effectiveness.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Nice Coyle again for the block

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Sodeke much improved. I'm impressed. Follows hisblocks

Bogus Megapardus
September 6th, 2014, 02:47 PM
Thks Bogie. Happenedto me. Watching on phone

- - - Updated - - -

Yup, your fix worked Thanks

It wasn't just me, then. So I suspect this issue might be fairly widespread. It doesn't affect ESPN3 or the NEC streaming network or even the A10 stream of the Georgetown/Dayton game - just PLN/Campus Insiders streams. I couldn't get either the Holy Cross game or the Lehigh game and I was about to go off on one of my incoherent rants on the Pard Board. xrolleyesx

DFW HOYA
September 6th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Dayton RB Connor Kascor ran for an unofficial 301 yards in Dayton's 23-14 win over Georgetown.

This would be the most by an opponent since Fordham's Chip Kron (272 yards, five TD's) in 1985.

Bogus Megapardus
September 6th, 2014, 04:42 PM
The kick-off for Lafayette at Sacred Heart has been delayed until 6:35 p.m. due to thunderstorms.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 05:29 PM
The kick-off for Lafayette at Sacred Heart has been delayed until 6:35 p.m. due to thunderstorms.
Good luck tonite. Gonna watch on phone .:) Cant miss ND .

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 6th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Watching, LC-SHU...

LC is really struggling on offense. Their OL is getting pushed around. Sacred Heart giving them trouble but yet to break off anything to big...

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 06:28 PM
I am also. Waiting for ND. Pard OL large but ineffective so far. Reed is getting no time. See OL standing around while Reed keeps getting hit. Pard D pretty good. Still rooting for Pards to pull the game out. PL not having a good day.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 6th, 2014, 06:31 PM
I am also. Waiting for ND. Pard OL large but ineffective so far. Reed is getting no time. See OL standing around while Reed keeps getting hit. Pard D pretty good. Still rooting for Pards to pull the game out. PL not having a good day.

Lehigh should offer SHU's FG kicker straight cash...homey....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 6th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Lafayette was driving but Reed throws a poor INT, 2nd of the night....

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Geez, SHU pounding on the ground, up 20-7 now.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 6th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Lafayette looks terrible. Sacred Heart is a good team but the 'Pards are getting dominated, especially at the LOS....

aceinthehole
September 6th, 2014, 06:53 PM
Lafayette looks terrible. Sacred Heart is a good team but the 'Pards are getting dominated, especially at the LOS....

But fantastic game coverage by LSN on ESPN3. I'm streaming from the Watch ESPN app on a Nexus tablet to a Sony HD television using Chromecast. The picture looks great!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 6th, 2014, 06:57 PM
SHU 20 Lafayette 7 Half...

Lafayette does not look good. I believe they had 3 first downs in the half. Reed has struggled and they've been beaten up at the LOS....

BucBisonAtLarge
September 6th, 2014, 07:23 PM
Even missing chunks of their first team defensive secondary, Bucknell has shut down Marist while racking up some great offensive numbers. 22-0, 8:15 left. The Bison have a bye week to heal up before going to Greater Bridgeport.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 6th, 2014, 08:10 PM
Lafayette has done a better job controlling the SHU running game this half...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 6th, 2014, 08:18 PM
End of 3Q

SHU 20 Lafayette 14, 'Pards D has played really well this half, Reed and their offense still looks pretty shaky but they're in it to win it against a good team....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 6th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Sacred Heart hanging on with about 7 minutes to go. The 'Pard D has played well in the second half. The LC offense, except for a few nice runs, has been ugly, lots of penalties, bad snaps etc.... But they just need one play....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 6th, 2014, 08:49 PM
Lafayette kicks the ball back to SHU with about 3 minutes to go. Reed has struggled big time tonight. Granted, I don't know if he has any playmakers at wr. Very little shown from 'Pard skill players.....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 6th, 2014, 08:54 PM
SHU hits on a 70 yard pass play on 3rd down and scores two plays later...The Pioneers will win!

27-14 with about 1:30 left in 4Q

ngineer
September 6th, 2014, 08:58 PM
SHU hits on a 70 yard pass play on 3rd down and scores two plays later...The Pioneers will win!

27-14 with about 1:30 left in 4Q

This will help me sleep better tonight....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 6th, 2014, 09:03 PM
The game will fittingly end on a Reed INT. The Pard passing game was horrific....

Doc QB
September 6th, 2014, 09:10 PM
With Scheurman out and no Ross at WR, Reed looked even less than pedestrian. SHU had some hogs on the OL to pave way for that big RB. Pards always seem to start sluggish but they did not look at all good tonite. Hope their RB can get healthy.

RichH2
September 6th, 2014, 09:12 PM
A depressing day for PL. Cross won but was unimpressive. Bucknell beat up on Marist. Yippee. LU should've won but forgot how to play D in the 2nd half. Pards lost to a good SHU team. Showed solid D but an O severely hampered by a very bad OL. Fordham got totally destroyed by a very good Nova squad.