PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: NDSU vs UN_ 2015/2019

Pages : 1 [2]

Bisonoline
August 28th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Don't laugh because you know it is true. What stopped NDSU from moving up to I-AA in the '80s? They were beating UND every year and winning a few national championships along the way. Had they continued to do those two things throughout the '90s they most likely would have been content to stay. The move was one of desperation to somehow escape from the shadow of UND. To their credit it has worked (or at least so far it has worked) but that doesn't change the circumstances that directly led to the move.

You need to learn cause and affect. xrolleyesx Wow I thought lakes was delusional. You got him beat hands down. And I dont like lakes.

Bisonator
August 28th, 2014, 07:52 PM
One MPLS is enough Dave, I can't watch another dude blathering silly arguments constantly. As an outsider looking at what you are saying it's just really, really ridiculous stuff man.

The nickname is what it was all about, all history is forsaken because although the school, the location, basically EVERYTHING is the same except the nickname then this is cause for UND's and your stance on the trophy.

It's a chicken **** move no matter how you slice it. Work up any silly defense you want you just look foolish and so does your school to anyone out there hearing this.

I think I could go along with them never playing the game after the two next up cuz if this is an indication of the logic and thinking it's probably best to just shelve some things. I don't think I've seen a whole lot of UND guys defending UND's deal on the trophy but I ain't exactly seeing it called out for what it is either.

It's the sort of thing you'd see a heel do in the WWE or any other wrestling organization I guess.

This is pretty much the other **** I was referring to that comes with games against UND and why I said it isn't worth the headaches. Seriously there are some clowns on both sides but I really think UND hockey fans take the delusional to the extreme. I'm not sure if Dave came up with his "running away to D1AA conspiracy" all by himself or if this is another one of siouxvolley's. I suppose they think all of the other schools like Northern Colorado, Cal Poly, UC Davis, etc. were all running away from UND too. Haha if you think about it, getting away from the knuckleheads aint a bad idea!xnodx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 28th, 2014, 08:21 PM
This is pretty much the other **** I was referring to that comes with games against UND and why I said it isn't worth the headaches. Seriously there are some clowns on both sides but I really think UND hockey fans take the delusional to the extreme. I'm not sure if Dave came up with his "running away to D1AA conspiracy" all by himself or if this is another one of siouxvolley's. I suppose they think all of the other schools like Northern Colorado, Cal Poly, UC Davis, etc. were all running away from UND too. Haha if you think about it, getting away from the knuckleheads aint a bad idea!xnodx
I've seen a lot of dumb things but that is truly an apex type thing right there.

Thumper 76
August 28th, 2014, 08:34 PM
IF NDSU hadn't run away from D2 with their tails between their legs as a direct result of being sick and tired of losing to UND all the time the series wouldn't have been discontinued.

Ive read some dumb **** before. But Good Lord, thats impressive.

DaveK
August 28th, 2014, 10:01 PM
One MPLS is enough Dave, I can't watch another dude blathering silly arguments constantly. As an outsider looking at what you are saying it's just really, really ridiculous stuff man.

The nickname is what it was all about, all history is forsaken because although the school, the location, basically EVERYTHING is the same except the nickname then this is cause for UND's and your stance on the trophy.

It's a chicken **** move no matter how you slice it. Work up any silly defense you want you just look foolish and so does your school to anyone out there hearing this.

I think I could go along with them never playing the game after the two next up cuz if this is an indication of the logic and thinking it's probably best to just shelve some things. I don't think I've seen a whole lot of UND guys defending UND's deal on the trophy but I ain't exactly seeing it called out for what it is either.

It's the sort of thing you'd see a heel do in the WWE or any other wrestling organization I guess.

I can tell you just don't get it. Let me try one last time to make you understand what is really quite simple if you just open your mind and think about the symbolism of the trophy and what it represents. The Nickel Trophy was relevant because the two sides featured two images that represented the nicknames of the two teams involved. One side of the trophy represented the Sioux and the other side represented Bison, perfect for the Sioux/Bison game but not applicable after one of the nicknames has been discontinued. They didn't play for the Nickel before UND was given the Fighting Sioux nickname, and they shouldn't play for the Nickel after the name has been dropped. I am sorry if you disagree but that is an issue that I am very passionate about.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 28th, 2014, 10:05 PM
I can tell you just don't get it. Let me try one last time to make you understand what is really quite simple if you just open your mind and think about the symbolism of the trophy and what it represents. The Nickel Trophy was relevant because the two sides featured two images that represented the nicknames of the two teams involved. One side of the trophy represented the Sioux and the other side represented Bison, perfect for the Sioux/Bison game but not applicable after one of the nicknames has been discontinued. They didn't play for the Nickel before UND was given the Fighting Sioux nickname, and they shouldn't play for the Nickel after the name has been dropped. I am sorry if you disagree but that is an issue that I am very passionate about.

Go back to the Hitler Youth board.

Oh ya, San Jose up 21-0...xlolx

DaveK
August 28th, 2014, 10:06 PM
You need to learn cause and affect. xrolleyesx Wow I thought lakes was delusional. You got him beat hands down. And I dont like lakes.

Cause = NDSU beat UND every year and won a handful of national championships in the '80s.
Effect = NDSU was content to remain in D2 at that time.

Cause = NDSU stopped winning national championships after 1990 and start losing to UND regularly after 1992.
Effect = NDSU moved to Division I-AA in 2004.

Seriously you can't be delusional enough to think they wouldn't have been happy to remain D2 had the '90s played out for them the same way the '80s did.

344Johnson
August 28th, 2014, 10:07 PM

Lolololol this guy ^

BisonFan02
August 28th, 2014, 10:08 PM
Cause = NDSU beat UND every year and won a handful of national championships in the '80s.

Cause = NDSU stopped winning national championships after 1990 and start losing to UND regularly after 1992.

Seriously you can't be delusional enough to think they wouldn't have been happy to remain D2 had the '90s played out for them the same way the '80s did.

Keep hammering away Dave....love it!

Bisonoline
August 28th, 2014, 10:08 PM

My god man what does outer space smell like.

344Johnson
August 28th, 2014, 10:09 PM

I think most would disagree. Ndsu wanted the entire conference to move up no? That included the Waffen SS up in El Forko.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 28th, 2014, 10:09 PM

xlolxxlolxxlolx

I bet hockey season cannot start soon enough...ehh....xhomerx

Bisonoline
August 28th, 2014, 10:11 PM
Ive read some dumb **** before. But Good Lord, thats impressive.

Scary part is there are a bunch just like him.

DaveK
August 28th, 2014, 10:20 PM
Feed the troll.

Oh ya, the huge shadow of UND....xrolleyesx Bison will win another FB NC or multiple before _ND sniffs the playoffs....xlolx

NDSU has done just fine. VB has made the tourney multiple times along with the softball team. MBB has been to the Big Dance twice. T & F has had AAs also. Baseball had a good showing in the NCAAs this year. Wrestling had a AA this year with multiple guys this coming year that could make it. Oh I can see how we were under _ND's shadow.

Go back into that hole where you came from.

Yes, the huge shadow. Let me give a history lesson here for the ignorant and/or forgetful...

In the '80s NDSU used to beat UND every year and more often than not the games weren't even close. When asked why they don't have a hockey team NDSU fans often made comments about how you can't have a quality football program if your athletic dept. has to also fund a hockey program. It was their snobby way of putting down UND's football program without actually coming right out and saying it. They probably thought they were being subtle but the fact of the matter is that it was anything but subtle.

In 1993 UND finally won the Nickel Trophy back for the 1st time since 1980 but their hockey team was going through a period of subpar years, which kept the NDSU faithful believing the garbage they spewed about how a school can't possibly fund a good hockey program and a good football program at the same time. However, UND's hockey program bounced back in the late '90s while their football program continued to beat NDSU more often than not. This made some heads start to explode among the NDSU fanbase, as it proved their theory to be false. When the Fighting Sioux won a D2 football national championship in 2001 and followed that with a runner-up in 2003 they had by that point in time clearly established themselves as having been superior to NDSU over the course of 10 years between 1993-2003.

NDSU went I-AA in 2004, open your eyes and see their motivation to move up for what it was.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 28th, 2014, 10:22 PM
Yes, the huge shadow. Let me give a history lesson here for the ignorant and/or forgetful...

In the '80s NDSU used to beat UND every year and more often than not the games weren't even close. When asked why they don't have a hockey team NDSU fans often made comments about how you can't have a quality football program if your athletic dept. has to also fund a hockey program. It was their snobby way of putting down UND's football program without actually coming right out and saying it. They probably thought they were being subtle but the fact of the matter is that it was anything but subtle.

In 1993 UND finally won the Nickel Trophy back for the 1st time since 1980 but their hockey team was going through a period of subpar years, which kept the NDSU faithful believing the garbage they spewed about how a school can't possibly fund a good hockey program and a good football program at the same time. However, UND's hockey program bounced back in the late '90s while their football program continued to beat NDSU more often than not. This made some heads start to explode among the NDSU fanbase, as it proved their theory to be false. When the Fighting Sioux won a D2 football national championship in 2001 and followed that with a runner-up in 2003 they had by that point in time clearly established themselves as having been superior to NDSU over the course of 10 years between 1993-2003.

NDSU went I-AA in 2004, open your eyes and see their motivation to move up for what it was.

Hey keep writing your brilliant salvos here....I enjoy a good laugh...xlolx

Hitler Youth Board getting boring with the beat down out in CA?

Keep it coming....xlolx

No_Skill
August 28th, 2014, 10:22 PM
So why did un_ move up? Hmmmmm.

BisonFan02
August 28th, 2014, 10:24 PM

I'm pretty blunt.....drop football...keep hockey...go Summit on the remaining sports and try to compete like UNO and Denver....

344Johnson
August 28th, 2014, 10:24 PM

ndsu already had move planned by 02....unless the internet article I just read was reading the future. Nice try.

DaveK
August 28th, 2014, 10:25 PM
I think most would disagree. Ndsu wanted the entire conference to move up no? That included the Waffen SS up in El Forko.

True, but why didn't they want the entire conference to move up way back when Northern Iowa moved up? Because back in those days they were capable of beating UND regularly and winning national championships in D2. That was no longer the case in the early 2000's when they decided it was time to go.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 28th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Hey Dave:

Pull over from delivering your pizzas. NDSU will win at least one or multiple NCs before _ND sniffs the playoffs.

DaveK
August 28th, 2014, 10:26 PM
ndsu already had move planned by 02....unless the internet article I just read was reading the future. Nice try.

Exactly, one year after the final nail in their D2 coffin... UND winning a national championship.

Bisonator
August 28th, 2014, 10:26 PM

This is so ****ing absurd it doesn't even deserve a response. NDSU and other schools were pushing for a D1 move way before 2000. So are you gonna say the same about all the other schools that moved up around the same time?

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 28th, 2014, 10:27 PM
True, but why didn't they want the entire conference to move up way back when Northern Iowa moved up? Because back in those days they were capable of beating UND regularly and winning national championships in D2. That was no longer the case in the early 2000's when they decided it was time to go.

xlolx

You hit the ground running...xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, one year after the final nail in their D2 coffin... UND winning a national championship.

So what is your worthless school's excuse?

xlolx

centennial
August 28th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Dave do you have Narcissistic Personality Disorder? You make mpls and darell look sane.

Bisonoline
August 28th, 2014, 10:30 PM

With your logic then UNI moved up to get away from NDSU. So why didnt UND move up as well with UNI?

344Johnson
August 28th, 2014, 10:32 PM

So.... Is that your way of admitting that the higher the level of football... The less likely UND is to complete with NDSU?

I think anyone who is a fan of a Dakota schools feels the schools took way too long to move up.

BisonFan02
August 28th, 2014, 10:32 PM
With your logic then UNI moved up to get away from NDSU. So why didnt UND move up as well with UNI?

They didn't? xawesomex xlolx

DaveK
August 28th, 2014, 10:35 PM

I don't think that UNI had the same obsessive hatred bordering on paranoia towards NDSU that NDSU had/has towards UND. I don't know if anybody else outside of the Red Sox/Yankees has that level of psychotic personality disorder. The NDSU athletic dept. and their fanbase are an incredibly strange group of people. They come across as having the idea that UND is somewhere near the same level of evil as Charles Manson and Jeffrey Dahmer.

DaveK
August 28th, 2014, 10:36 PM
So.... Is that your way of admitting that the higher the level of football... The less likely UND is to complete with NDSU?

I think anyone who is a fan of a Dakota schools feels the schools took way too long to move up.

And if NDSU had continued to dominate D2 through the '90s and beyond all four of the Dakota schools would most likely still be there.

Bisonoline
August 28th, 2014, 10:39 PM
Hey Dave:

Pull over from delivering your pizzas. NDSU will win at least one or multiple NCs before _ND sniffs the playoffs.

He needs to go pee in a cup.xnodx

Bisonoline
August 28th, 2014, 10:41 PM
I don't think that UNI had the same obsessive hatred bordering on paranoia towards NDSU that NDSU had/has towards UND. I don't know if anybody else outside of the Red Sox/Yankees has that level of psychotic personality disorder. The NDSU athletic dept. and their fanbase are an incredibly strange group of people. They come across as having the idea that UND is somewhere near the same level of evil as Charles Manson and Jeffrey Dahmer.

After reading your most recent posting I am sure everyone can see the Charles Manson comparison. Without all the murders and stuff.

IBleedYellow
August 28th, 2014, 10:44 PM
This was the exact BS that I was talking about that I wanted to avoid by never playing UN_ ever again unless it was in the playoffs.

We are 1 week out from scheduling this game and I'm already sick of this. Good Lord.

344Johnson
August 28th, 2014, 10:46 PM
And if NDSU had continued to dominate D2 through the '90s and beyond all four of the Dakota schools would most likely still be there.

So you are telling me that NDSU dictates what level the Dakota schools play at?

Thumper 76
August 28th, 2014, 10:47 PM

Ill tell you this. At least youre committed to your lunacy. So they moved up EVERY SPORT because of a couple of years? And then tried to have UND move up with them to be a cover, knowing that USD and UND would publicly spit in SDSU and NDSU's faces for it, was all an elaborate ploy to end the rivalry that UND publicly ended after the move up. Those sly devils.

centennial
August 28th, 2014, 10:48 PM
So you are telling me that NDSU dictates what level the Dakota schools play at?
I for one welcome our NDSU overlords...

IBleedYellow
August 28th, 2014, 10:49 PM
Ill tell you this. At least youre committed to your lunacy. So they moved up EVERY SPORT because of a couple of years? And then tried to have UND move up with them to be a cover, knowing that USD and UND would publicly spit in SDSU and NDSU's faces for it, was all an elaborate ploy to end the rivalry that UND publicly ended after the move up. Those sly devils.

Gene Taylor is even a bigger genius than I ever imagined him to be.

Bisonator
August 28th, 2014, 10:52 PM

Yep thanks for helping us escape from UN_.xthumbsupx

344Johnson
August 28th, 2014, 11:02 PM

Chapman for president. Taylor for secretary of defense or whatever Bob McNamara did for Nixon.

Yotes
August 28th, 2014, 11:04 PM
Expect NDSU to actively seek acceptance to the FBS when UND eventually joins the MVFC.

Twentysix
August 28th, 2014, 11:07 PM
Expect NDSU to actively seek acceptance to the FBS when UND eventually joins the MVFC.

Honestly, both are just a matter of time.

IBleedYellow
August 28th, 2014, 11:09 PM

Can you and SDSU come with us? Let's leave em to rot.

Thumper 76
August 29th, 2014, 12:37 AM
Can you and SDSU come with us? Let's leave em to rot.

Well have the facilities by then ;)

BisonBacker
August 29th, 2014, 08:37 AM
Holy ****. Who moved the rock?

Move it back, please.

No **** and WE AGREE ON SOMETHING xthumbsupx

BisonBacker
August 29th, 2014, 08:39 AM
Too bad the series wasn't continued because the Bison would have a 10 game win streak right now. The 11-12-13 Bison teams would have beat down the no nickname team by 40 points by the half.

San Jose State wins tonight by 3 TDs...xnodx

Nice prediction my friend but you gave Bubbles to much credit it was a 4 TD spread xlolx

BisonBacker
August 29th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Dave do you have Narcissistic Personality Disorder? You make mpls and darell look sane.

I'm so glad football season is here. Great posting!! What he's doing and what you said is pretty impressive to accomplish that feat xnodx

BisonBacker
August 29th, 2014, 08:50 AM

This is really some great work by the nutjob that is DaveK.... Hey dave which one are you in this picture? I'm thinking the one with the beard...

http://www.audioshocker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/cuckoo.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This was the exact BS that I was talking about that I wanted to avoid by never playing UN_ ever again unless it was in the playoffs.

We are 1 week out from scheduling this game and I'm already sick of this. Good Lord.

We have a winner. I agree.

Gothmog
August 29th, 2014, 09:35 AM

Honestly, what is your point?

Whatever NDSU's reason may have been for moving up it has worked out great for them. It may be tough for you to swallow, but NDSU was right back in 2004 to move up, and UND was wrong not to join them. NDSU took the risk, did the work, and is now reaping the rewards. You should never have expected otherwise.

It's really as simple as that.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 29th, 2014, 09:37 AM

bull****. DII was turning into a Special Olympics which is why a school like UND who only cares about hockey was able to field a competitive football team. That's why NDSU and the other schools left you behind.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 29th, 2014, 04:09 PM
This is really some great work by the nutjob that is DaveK.... Hey dave which one are you in this picture? I'm thinking the one with the beard...

http://www.audioshocker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/cuckoo.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

We have a winner. I agree.

xlolxxlolx

Check + rep!!

Yotes
August 29th, 2014, 08:48 PM
Honestly, both are just a matter of time.
I'd be more inclined to agree with you if I knew that I'd be able to recognize college football in five years.