PDA

View Full Version : South Dakota doesn't want NDSU fans at their game

Pages : 1 [2]

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2014, 06:26 PM
Any NDSU fan expecting more of the same from the Yotes are going to be sorely disappointed. How can you honestly expect Joe Glenn to not do something with the program when given the time? We put together three scoring drives on Oregon's first team defense before stalling when Kevin Early broke his thumb, and even with our entirely one dimensional offense we played Montana to a 1 TD game at their place and beat a ranked Big Sky team at home. This year NDSU will (knock on wood) have to face us with a full offense for once, and we'll be up to the challenge. We may not win, but they play the game for a reason, and our place is never easy for visitors.

We may have had a horrible start to our tenure in the MVFC, but any team in the position we were in would have. Installing a new coach and culture in the program was never going to be smooth, and it happened as we joined the conference. It takes a long time to build a program nearly from scratch (note how incredibly young our team is), but we're well on our way to a playoff caliber team.

Your offense is better than Montana, Iowa State, or Weber? Because those three only scored about 10.3 ppg against the Bison.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 1st, 2014, 06:26 PM
Any NDSU fan expecting more of the same from the Yotes are going to be sorely disappointed. How can you honestly expect Joe Glenn to not do something with the program when given the time? We put together three scoring drives on Oregon's first team defense before stalling when Kevin Early broke his thumb, and even with our entirely one dimensional offense we played Montana to a 1 TD game at their place and beat a ranked Big Sky team at home. This year NDSU will (knock on wood) have to face us with a full offense for once, and we'll be up to the challenge. We may not win, but they play the game for a reason, and our place is never easy for visitors.

We may have had a horrible start to our tenure in the MVFC, but any team in the position we were in would have. Installing a new coach and culture in the program was never going to be smooth, and it happened as we joined the conference. It takes a long time to build a program nearly from scratch (note how incredibly young our team is), but we're well on our way to a playoff caliber team.

Glenn is no spring chicken bud. So he is going to take USD to the MV title and numerous deep playoff runs???

USDs program highlight is the 86 D2 runner up title and win against the Gophers. Now Glenn is suppose to take USD and consistently beat UNI...SDSU....SIU.....YSU.....NDSU.....really? With the crapiest facilities in the conference....IMO...USD will occasionally be a top 1/2 team but very rarely.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2014, 06:29 PM
Glenn is no spring chicken bud. So he is going to take USD to the MV title and numerous deep playoff runs???

USDs program highlight is the 86 D2 runner up title and win against the Gophers. Now Glenn is suppose to take USD and consistently beat UNI...SDSU....SIU.....YSU.....NDSU.....really? With the crapiest facilities in the conference....IMO...USD will occasionally be a top 1/2 team but very rarely.

and NEVER win a recruiting battle. They're looking at the slimmest of pickins out there.

Yotes
October 1st, 2014, 06:32 PM
Your offense is better than Montana, Iowa State, or Weber? Because those three only scored about 10.3 ppg against the Bison.
With Earl we are absolutely better than Montana and Weber, and possibly Iowa State (won't be surprised to see them finish 2-10). Our two games against FCS competition we have run an entirely one dimensional offense, and we put up 20 and 28 points. I feel that our passing game with Earl is better than the running game, so expect us to put up a lot of points this year when we have him healthy.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 1st, 2014, 06:43 PM
With Earl we are absolutely better than Montana and Weber, and possibly Iowa State (won't be surprised to see them finish 2-10). Our two games against FCS competition we have run an entirely one dimensional offense, and we put up 20 and 28 points. I feel that our passing game with Earl is better than the running game, so expect us to put up a lot of points this year when we have him healthy.

That's the point...depth. USD loses their QB and now the ship might sink. All teams have injuries. Where's Glenn's great 2nd string QB???

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2014, 06:44 PM

Sure, just not against NDSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 1st, 2014, 06:53 PM

But don't ya know....opposing teams rarely win in the DangerDome or whatever cute name they call that quonset.....lol

Yotes
October 1st, 2014, 07:07 PM
You put up 22 against Montana at home and we put 20 on them on the road with our backup QB. I'm not sure we have to put up a ton of points, 28 might do it.

I'm not here to talk smack, but this game is not going to resemble our last two matchups. Not even close.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2014, 07:12 PM
You put up 22 against Montana at home and we put 20 on them on the road with our backup QB. I'm not sure we have to put up a ton of points, 28 might do it.

I'm not here to talk smack, but this game is not going to resemble our last two matchups. Not even close.

You have scored 0 so far. A Big 12 team scored 14 and somehow you think you will score 28 points?

The last time a team scored 28 or more against NDSU was nearly 4 years ago.

This isn't smack, it's real talk. You need an intervention.

ursus arctos horribilis
October 1st, 2014, 07:15 PM

I saw both teams play in person and no offense but I think you are gonna get rolled. NDSU owned us in spite of the score and you guys were a step slow comparatively.

I wish you all the best and hope you put a fight as I am a big fan of JG however I would bet the farm that your transitive score theory will fall very flat on it's face this weekend. You will have trouble keeping it under a three or four score beat down. Not trying to be a dick and I've been wrong before but USD just ain't in the same league...even though in the same conference.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 1st, 2014, 07:25 PM
You have scored 0 so far. A Big 12 team scored 14 and somehow you think you will score 28 points?

The last time a team scored 28 or more against NDSU was nearly 4 years ago.

This isn't smack, it's real talk. You need an intervention.

This here.

Bison beat USD by 3 TDs.

Lehigh'98
October 1st, 2014, 07:27 PM
You better hope they forgot last years game because they are going to need dental records to identify you if they come out healthy and ready.

This NDSU UNI love fest on this board is absolutely sickening. Getting worse than App GSU Sunbelt reach arounds. Where is the healthy hate for your rivals?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 1st, 2014, 07:30 PM
This NDSU UNI love fest on this board is absolutely sickening. Getting worse than App GSU Sunbelt reach arounds. Where is the healthy hate for your rivals?

Don't worry. As the game gets closer, the smack will pick up....a lot!!!

Lehigh'98
October 1st, 2014, 07:34 PM
Don't worry. As the game gets closer, the smack will pick up....a lot!!!

Thank God, I can't wait for normalcy

JSUBison
October 1st, 2014, 08:43 PM

Ursus beat me on the transitive score stuff, but I have to add last year. NDSU beat UNI by 3, but USeD beat UNI by 7. What was your predicted score of the NDSU/USD game with those results? Was it 42-0? USD=Morningside, lol.

Hammersmith
October 1st, 2014, 09:12 PM
I believed that at the time, but the longer time goes on the less i believe ysu (as much as i think they should) or msu is going anywhere.

Even if they did i don't believe usd would have been the only/best option for the conference.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Adding USD was to keep NDSU & SDSU in the conference. It was a Summit League thing.

At the time, the Summit was NDSU, SDSU, SUU, ORU, UMKC, WIU, IUPUI, IPFW, and Oakland. 9 teams. USD had already been invited, but had not started play. UND was a sure thing, but the nickname fiasco needed to be worked out. Centenary had just dropped down to DIII. ORU was talking to the Southland, and Oakland was talking to the Horizon. IPFW and IUPUI would love Horizon invites, but that will always be very unlikely. SUU wanted into the Big Sky.

So Fullerton tried to make a play. He would take SUU from the Summit and take the two expansion candidates(UND & USD). If the Horizon came for Oakland(which happened) and the Southland came for ORU(which happened), then the Summit would be in real bad shape at only 6 schools: NDSU, SDSU, WIU, IUPUI, IPFW, & UMKC. Does that sound like a group of schools you'd like to be part of? (not to mention losing the MBB autobid) At that point, Fullerton would make a play for NDSU & SDSU to make a 16-team Big Sky. The Summit would be dead, and the MVFC would be crippled. If the CAA were to have made a play for Youngstown at the same time, the Valley would have been down to 6 schools and barely able to hold onto its autobid.

Getting at least one of the two UxDs to stay with the Summit was critical to keep up the long-term health of the Summit, and by extension the MVFC. Getting USD kept the xDSUs at home, opened the door for UNO, and gave us enough stability to get Denver. UMKC bailing for some stupid reason helped our RPI improve to the point that ORU wanted back in. Now the rumor is going around that UMKC wants back in next year. That brings the Summit back up to 10 and raises the profile of the conference enough that numbers 11 and 12 might be established DI members and not move-ups if and when they're ever added.

And all because the MVFC was willing to add USD as a tenth member in a emergency meeting.

Yotes
October 1st, 2014, 09:19 PM
Ursus beat me on the transitive score stuff, but I have to add last year. NDSU beat UNI by 3, but USeD beat UNI by 7. What was your predicted score of the NDSU/USD game with those results? Was it 42-0? USD=Morningside, lol.
Again, we brought zero running backs to Fargo for the season finale, we lost several heartbreakers in a row, and I'm pretty sure the team had checked out. Your games against us in 2012 and 2013 won't resemble this year's game. If you really think the Yotes are more of the same (looking at you bisoninnwmn) you're in for an unpleasant surprise.

Wasn't saying the transitive property between our Montana scores is why we would win, just a common opponent to measure our offenses. You can say you had a bad game, but we didn't play a very good game and it was with out backup QB.

You all will be sorry when we sweep the MVFC this year.

Yotes
October 1st, 2014, 09:23 PM
Adding USD was to keep NDSU & SDSU in the conference. It was a Summit League thing.

At the time, the Summit was NDSU, SDSU, SUU, ORU, UMKC, WIU, IUPUI, IPFW, and Oakland. 9 teams. USD had already been invited, but had not started play. UND was a sure thing, but the nickname fiasco needed to be worked out. Centenary had just dropped down to DIII. ORU was talking to the Southland, and Oakland was talking to the Horizon. IPFW and IUPUI would love Horizon invites, but that will always be very unlikely. SUU wanted into the Big Sky.

So Fullerton tried to make a play. He would take SUU from the Summit and take the two expansion candidates(UND & USD). If the Horizon came for Oakland(which happened) and the Southland came for ORU(which happened), then the Summit would be in real bad shape at only 6 schools: NDSU, SDSU, WIU, IUPUI, IPFW, & UMKC. Does that sound like a group of schools you'd like to be part of? (not to mention losing the MBB autobid) At that point, Fullerton would make a play for NDSU & SDSU to make a 16-team Big Sky. The Summit would be dead, and the MVFC would be crippled. If the CAA were to have made a play for Youngstown at the same time, the Valley would have been down to 6 schools and barely able to hold onto its autobid.

Getting at least one of the two UxDs to stay with the Summit was critical to keep up the long-term health of the Summit, and by extension the MVFC. Getting USD kept the xDSUs at home, opened the door for UNO, and gave us enough stability to get Denver. UMKC bailing for some stupid reason helped our RPI improve to the point that ORU wanted back in. Now the rumor is going around that UMKC wants back in next year. That brings the Summit back up to 10 and raises the profile of the conference enough that numbers 11 and 12 might be established DI members and not move-ups if and when they're ever added.

And all because the MVFC was willing to add USD as a tenth member in a emergency meeting.
And that's the story of how USD saved the MVFC. You're welcome Clenz.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2014, 09:32 PM
Again, we brought zero running backs to Fargo for the season finale, we lost several heartbreakers in a row, and I'm pretty sure the team had checked out. Your games against us in 2012 and 2013 won't resemble this year's game. If you really think the Yotes are more of the same (looking at you bisoninnwmn) you're in for an unpleasant surprise.

Wasn't saying the transitive property between our Montana scores is why we would win, just a common opponent to measure our offenses. You can say you had a bad game, but we didn't play a very good game and it was with out backup QB.

Holy ****. You don't need an intervention,you need to SHARE!

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 1st, 2014, 09:40 PM
And that's the story of how USD saved the MVFC. You're welcome Clenz.

Sweep the Valley???

Laughing my ass off!!!!!

What are you smoking pal?

USD is a bottom 1/2 team...bank it !!

dewey
October 1st, 2014, 09:56 PM

So those missing RB'S were they also defensive players as well as possibly offensive lineman because it wasn't just the lack of RB'S why NDSU rolled you guys big time the last few years. NDSU is flat out a far better team than USD is.

As for you guys sweeping the MVFC that has only been done twice if I recall correctly. Heck even NDSU'S teams in 2011 and 2012 couldn't do it and last year's NDSU team had to come back from down 13 at home to UNI. Those are 3 National Championship teams.

UNI, SDSU and NDSU will pound USD by 17 or more.

Next year you guys might have a chance but not this year.

Dewey

RowdyRabbit
October 1st, 2014, 10:01 PM

I was almost maybe kinda almost considering being right there with you when I read this part (its late and I'm tired).

And then I read this part:

Aaannd...nope.

Bisonator
October 1st, 2014, 10:16 PM

xlmaox

IBleedYellow
October 1st, 2014, 10:23 PM
You know...I wanted to root for the Yotes....but NOPE.

Everyone in our conference needs to crush them. Everyone.

Thumper 76
October 1st, 2014, 10:43 PM

Wow, your calling a sweep of the MVFC? The team that has the only OOC FCS loss? The only thing the yotes will be sweeping is the cellar. Where they belong. xlolx

clenz
October 1st, 2014, 11:07 PM

What was the story about getting better depth, when it came to uni last season.... And in the same thread you blame depth for your curb stomping?

Dude... really?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JayJ79
October 1st, 2014, 11:10 PM
You know...I wanted to root for the Yotes....but NOPE.

Everyone in our conference needs to crush them. Everyone.

so you're basing your feelings about USD on the stuff that "Yotes" has spewed on the message board
quite similar to how many people base their feelings about NDSU on stuff that Lakes has spewed on various boards.

but yeah, the line about sweeping the conference is insane. Frankly, I highly doubt ANYONE will sweep the MVFC this year. But if someone does, it won't be USD.

BisonBacker
October 2nd, 2014, 08:52 AM

Yeah it was real tough last time we played you down there in SD. 54-0 tough xlolx

BisonBacker
October 2nd, 2014, 08:55 AM

The only reason you beat NAU was because they were missing players. Hey I gave you credit for the win but lets not get carried away. You tout the UNI game from last year. Had you played a healthy UNI team you guys would have gotten crushed. You want to use the excuse of not having healthy players/team when you lose but when you win against opponents who didn't have their full compliment of healthy players in the game you want to crow like a rooster. It's really pretty funny stuff. xlolx

BisonBacker
October 2nd, 2014, 08:58 AM

It's no love fest it's mutual respect. When you know quality competition you acknowledge it. When you see ankle biters yapping like there is no tomorrow then it's time for a little fun smack.

BisonBacker
October 2nd, 2014, 09:02 AM

Somebody needs to not be drinking or hitting the bong when he's on the interwebs xlolx
I'd like to nominate the quoted post as most ridiculous post of the year award xcrazyx

Twentysix
October 2nd, 2014, 09:04 AM
It's no love fest it's mutual respect. When you know quality competition you acknowledge it. When you see ankle biters yapping like there is no tomorrow then it's time for a little fun smack.

Yeah... about what lehigh said.... I want SDSU and UNI to lose by 100 to NDSU... but other than that one particular game each season... I hope SDSU and UNI run the table on the rest of their schedules...

#ValleyStronk

NoDak 4 Ever
October 20th, 2014, 11:35 AM
The Coyote Paw ‏@paw_coyote (https://twitter.com/paw_coyote) 33m33 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/paw_coyote/status/524228309912387584) RT Very disappointing Coyote Alumni!“@ElsenMidcoSN (https://twitter.com/ElsenMidcoSN): Tickets for Saturday's NDSU-USD game now sold out, @Kauf219 (https://twitter.com/Kauf219), says split is about 60-40.”

Very disappointing indeed.

http://a.fod4.com/misc/swansonsmile1.gif

BisonFan02
October 20th, 2014, 11:38 AM
The Coyote Paw ‏@paw_coyote (https://twitter.com/paw_coyote) 33m33 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/paw_coyote/status/524228309912387584) RT Very disappointing Coyote Alumni!“@ElsenMidcoSN (https://twitter.com/ElsenMidcoSN): Tickets for Saturday's NDSU-USD game now sold out, @Kauf219 (https://twitter.com/Kauf219), says split is about 60-40.”

Very disappointing indeed.

http://a.fod4.com/misc/swansonsmile1.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oavMtUWDBTM

xlolx