PDA

View Full Version : What about the Chuck South/Gtown game?

MarkCCU
October 28th, 2006, 06:21 PM
That's another W for the column

DFW HOYA
October 28th, 2006, 06:37 PM
That's another W for the column

Another winnable game for the Hoyas, but you have to take advantage of offensive opportunities. Georgetown has scored just three first half TD's all season and is not a comeback team.

CSU BUCS
October 28th, 2006, 07:22 PM
24- 10 CSU wins Defense played great. On offence we ran the ball a lot. Very uncharacteristic of us. 35 rushing attempts compared to 17 passing attempts. Drafts was 12 of 16 for 201 yards 1 td and 1 Int on a tipped ball at the line of scrimmage.

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 07:23 PM
Chuck South will have to win out and get lots of factors to go their way around the nation to even think about the playoffs...

Still a long shot, but 11-0 will atleast put them in the conversation...

CSU will step it up from now on I'm sure as it relates to scheduling...

MarkCCU
October 28th, 2006, 08:04 PM
Chuck South will have to win out and get lots of factors to go their way around the nation to even think about the playoffs...

i hope for thier sake....CSU, though playing some patsy schools, have shown an amazing level of talent this season

Dabnus Brickey
October 29th, 2006, 11:21 AM
I just reviewed this thread and G-Town called it a winnable game while CSU wrote as if it were a triumphant defensive victory.

G-town metnioned stuggles on offense in the first half all year and has a lack of comeback ability while CSU uncharacteristically kept it close against a weaker opponent. I suppose all the blowouts you've had this year has spoiled you....oh wait....

CSU BUCS
October 29th, 2006, 11:35 AM
George Town was 0 for 3 on 4th down conversions. CSU's Defense held George town to a field gaol after the Offence turned the ball over deep in our own territory.

I believe you’re still having problems with reading comprehension………………read all the post again………….this time slowly.

You guys continue to amaze me:rotateh:

CSUBUCDAD
October 29th, 2006, 11:51 AM
I gotta be honest, even if they do go 11-0, I do not think they are ready for the playoffs. It would be great if they got a bid, but the Big South as a conference has a long way to go before we can contend with the rest of the long time established conferences in the country. We will get there, but not now.

th0m
October 29th, 2006, 12:17 PM

IMO, 11-0 will NOT put them in the conversation. They will have a mere 7 Div I wins. And those Div I wins are mostly Big South conference games together with their OOC wins against teams that have a combined 5 combined wins, and 19 losses.

Dabnus Brickey
October 29th, 2006, 02:46 PM
George Town was 0 for 3 on 4th down conversions. CSU's Defense held George town to a field gaol after the Offence turned the ball over deep in our own territory.

I believe you’re still having problems with reading comprehension………………read all the post again………….this time slowly.

You guys continue to amaze me:rotateh:

You must have gone to CSU, I just restated what the two of you said...

CSU BUCS
October 29th, 2006, 02:56 PM
24- 10 CSU wins Defense played great. On offence we ran the ball a lot. Very uncharacteristic of us. 35 rushing attempts compared to 17 passing attempts. Drafts was 12 of 16 for 201 yards 1 td and 1 Int on a tipped ball at the line of scrimmage.

I just reviewed this thread and G-Town called it a winnable game while CSU wrote as if it were a triumphant defensive victory.

G-town metnioned stuggles on offense in the first half all year and has a lack of comeback ability while CSU uncharacteristically kept it close against a weaker opponent. I suppose all the blowouts you've had this year has spoiled you....oh wait....

I said we uncharacteristically ran the ball more than passed it. I never inferred we “uncharacteristically kept it close”.

Dabnus Brickey
October 29th, 2006, 03:24 PM
I was using a literaray device called sarcasm!!!

Ol Blue
October 30th, 2006, 02:44 PM
The Bucs seem to be improving on defense by leaps and bounds. Three stops on fourth and short is quite an accomplishment for the team. I believe it was winnable for Georgetown but the Bucs are showing their own addiction to winning. The next three games are crucial for the Bucs.

Ol Blue
October 30th, 2006, 02:47 PM
I gotta be honest, even if they do go 11-0, I do not think they are ready for the playoffs. It would be great if they got a bid, but the Big South as a conference has a long way to go before we can contend with the rest of the long time established conferences in the country. We will get there, but not now.

If they go 11-0 they deserve a shot. Any team does, ready or not. The Big South does have a long way to go but they are making great progress and I agree, they will get there.

89Hen
October 30th, 2006, 02:56 PM
If they go 11-0 they deserve a shot. Any team does, ready or not.
Oh no, here we go. :bawling:

MarkCCU
October 30th, 2006, 03:00 PM
Oh no, here we go. :bawling:

tell me about it..

The Big South is coming around and withthe addition of 2 teams in 2008, it should help us slightly(but by then, CCU might have moved out) so who knows. As to deserving of a playoff bid, the only school is Coastal. I'm not being biased here, but if CCU runs the table they have a bid. Probably won't get pass that first playoff game but as of right now, they are the only real possibility:twocents: . I hope the best for Charleston Southern until November 18th when they lose to Coastal..Sorry Bucs, but I have to be biased on that call, you understand

CSU BUCS
October 30th, 2006, 03:24 PM
tell me about it..

The Big South is coming around and withthe addition of 2 teams in 2008,
Albany and Stony Brook, how will two New York teams fit into the Big South? Why are they leaving the NEC for the Big South? Their travel budget will be huge.

MarkCCU
October 30th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Albany and Stony Brook, how will two New York teams fit into the Big South? Why are they leaving the NEC for the Big South? Their travel budget will be huge.

Where did you get that? I'm talking about PCU andn G-Webb becoming a full member

Actually 1 new school...my bad

xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx You drunken pirate hooker...get back to swabbing the deck!

MarkCCU
October 30th, 2006, 03:33 PM
PC should be an interesting addition to the Big South Conference

CSU BUCS
October 30th, 2006, 03:35 PM
I thought the cat was out, otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. I'm deleting my previous post now shhhhhhhhhhhhhhs. edit yours too if you don't mind before tomany others see it. PM me if you would like.

MarkCCU
October 30th, 2006, 03:39 PM
hahaha you crazy drunken pirate you

Dabnus Brickey
October 31st, 2006, 06:20 AM
But realistically, they could also lose the next three games.

andy7171
October 31st, 2006, 07:02 AM
Liberty is a Big South school isn't it? They are a respectable I-AA school. Not having a great year this year, but they play a real schedule.

Dabnus Brickey
October 31st, 2006, 07:07 AM
Liberty is a Big South school isn't it? They are a respectable I-AA school. Not having a great year this year, but they play a real schedule.
Liberty is a very good, young team. I expect big things from them in the future. They are huge. Big ups to LU for being athletic and really taking it to us this past Saturday.

Ol Blue
October 31st, 2006, 07:21 AM
But realistically, they could also lose the next three games.

The next three games are critical for the both CCU and CSU. Although I agree that CCU deserves to go to the playoffs if they win (due to their competitive schedule, talent, coaching, rep, etc.). CSU, by running the gambit and beating CCU would also have a legitimate argument for the same.

CSUBUCDAD
October 31st, 2006, 08:36 AM
If CSU runs the table and gets an at-large bid, you will see a celebration the likes of nothing you have ever witnessed on the CSU campus.

IaaScribe
October 31st, 2006, 09:42 AM
Don't hold your breath.

Dabnus Brickey
October 31st, 2006, 10:22 AM
If CSU runs the table and gets an at-large bid, you will see a celebration the likes of nothing you have ever witnessed on the CSU campus.
Yes...all five students will run, jump and frolic...:hurray:

CSU BUCS
October 31st, 2006, 10:43 AM
:nonono2:

LBPop
October 31st, 2006, 11:24 AM
The Bucs seem to be improving on defense by leaps and bounds. Three stops on fourth and short is quite an accomplishment for the team.

Please do not get too euphoric about stopping the Hoyas offense. Except for flashes in a few games, everyone has been stopping the Hoya offense. While I could offer some possible reasons, that would serve no purpose.

I was at the game and I would offer two basic observations. First, everyone I met who was a CSU fan could not have been nicer or more hospitable. They sure know how to tailgate. We enjoyed the marching band and CSU ordered up some fantastic weather. While I would have liked a different outcome, it was worth the trip. Second, in my opinion it was the QB who was the difference. Sure the receivers looked fine and the LB who gets the ink had a few moments, but the QB killed the Hoyas. There were some uncharateristic breakdowns by the Georgetown defense and I attribute a lot of that to the man taking the snaps.

Good luck the rest of the way. Hopefully the Hoya program can do the apparent 180 that the CSU program has done.

Ol Blue
October 31st, 2006, 11:46 AM
Please do not get too euphoric about stopping the Hoyas offense. Except for flashes in a few games, everyone has been stopping the Hoya offense. While I could offer some possible reasons, that would serve no purpose.

I was at the game and I would offer two basic observations. First, everyone I met who was a CSU fan could not have been nicer or more hospitable. They sure know how to tailgate. We enjoyed the marching band and CSU ordered up some fantastic weather. While I would have liked a different outcome, it was worth the trip. Second, in my opinion it was the QB who was the difference. Sure the receivers looked fine and the LB who gets the ink had a few moments, but the QB killed the Hoyas. There were some uncharateristic breakdowns by the Georgetown defense and I attribute a lot of that to the man taking the snaps.

Good luck the rest of the way. Hopefully the Hoya program can do the apparent 180 that the CSU program has done.

I think that a team who stops anyone on fourth and short has accomplished something significant.....Quite frankly, it surprised me that CSU had it in them. ....... and CSU QB did pull some amazing moments out of his hat....scrambling and hitting a long pass to an open receiver under pressure....more than once when Gtown had them stopped. Of course he's been doing that all year....scrambles well too.

He's a senior btw:bawling:

And I think Hoya will turn it around.

I'm glad the fans were courteous. That's always the best compliment you can give any team or program.

Ol Blue
October 31st, 2006, 11:48 AM

You're invited...that'll make 6:smiley_wi