PDA

View Full Version : Going skiing in Jackson Hole

Cocky
June 21st, 2005, 08:27 AM
Where are the best condos/hotels to stay in, the best places to eat, and any info on Yellowstone?

Cap'n Cat
June 21st, 2005, 09:04 AM
Where are the best condos/hotels to stay in, the best places to eat, and any info on Yellowstone?

Cocky,
Was in Jackson in May. Make sure you visit the Cowboy Bar, right downtown. The bar has saddles instead of barstools. Kitty-korner from that is another cool bar, with a patio on the second floor.

Happy travels!

McNeese75
June 21st, 2005, 10:13 AM

The times I have been skiing there we stayed at the ski resort (sorry, I do not remember the hotel) and then made the drive back into town in the evening for Dinner, etc. There is always "The Mangy Moose" bar at the resort that is a nice place to imbide.

grizchik
June 21st, 2005, 10:38 AM
I was in Jackson Hole recently. Nothing stands out in my mind as memorable about the hotels, etc. Good luck and have fun!

putter
June 21st, 2005, 12:24 PM
Just remember to bring your checkbook! Little expensive to stay in Jackson!

Ivytalk
June 21st, 2005, 12:32 PM
Too many Eastern yuppies!

Cap'n Cat
June 21st, 2005, 02:12 PM
Too many Eastern yuppies!

Well, I was there, there were a lot of what we used to call in Durango, CO, "tourons". Always that that was cute. Lots of Texans and Californians, and I heard that causes some animosity. Went to take a leak in the boy's potty and, scrawled on the wall, I saw, "Here I sit, azzhole a-flexin', givin' birth to another Texan.

:) :) :) :)

McNeese75
June 21st, 2005, 09:31 PM
Don't forget the "GOOD" insulated underwear (gets downright nippy at night unless your a Griz Fan) :eek: