PDA

View Full Version : 49ers waive Southern Illinois QB

smallcollegefbfan
July 29th, 2014, 05:35 PM
I knew they loved Kory Faulkner coming into the draft, based on workouts, so I thought he would at least stick through 1 or 2 preseason games. Not good news he got let go. I never thought he should have been a PFA type guy and looks like San Fran quickly realized it as well. Good in workouts but just not a NFL caliber QB right now. He needs to play in that developmental league that is forming. I actually believe he would be a solid backup there for a couple years, and he needs it.

Houndawg
July 29th, 2014, 06:18 PM
I knew they loved Kory Faulkner coming into the draft, based on workouts, so I thought he would at least stick through 1 or 2 preseason games. Not good news he got let go. I never thought he should have been a PFA type guy and looks like San Fran quickly realized it as well. Good in workouts but just not a NFL caliber QB right now. He needs to play in that developmental league that is forming. I actually believe he would be a solid backup there for a couple years, and he needs it.

He's plenty smart enough but I never did see any indication of an NFL arm. He also spent a fair amount of time running for his life.

smallcollegefbfan
July 29th, 2014, 06:29 PM
He's plenty smart enough but I never did see any indication of an NFL arm. He also spent a fair amount of time running for his life.

He does not have a NFL arm. He and Brock Jensen are both very good athletes who had that in common. Neither could make some throws that are considered common in the NFL. Difference was that Jensen is at least a great leader who won games and produced. I could see someone keeping him on the practice squad because of his career. Faulkner just never did more than be a very average FCS QB, at best.

Houndawg
July 29th, 2014, 06:41 PM
He does not have a NFL arm. He and Brock Jensen are both very good athletes who had that in common. Neither could make some throws that are considered common in the NFL. Difference was that Jensen is at least a great leader who won games and produced. I could see someone keeping him on the practice squad because of his career. Faulkner just never did more than be a very average FCS QB, at best.

Jensen had much better o lines. Faulkner's first read was dodge the unblocked rusher.