PDA

View Full Version : Romo's First Start since 2002 I-AA Playoffs

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Time for Tony Romo to shine for the Cowboys. He's got a chance to really make a name for himself. His last start, the 2002 I-AA playoffs and now the former Payton Award winner will get to prove himself on the biggest stage, an NFL game day. Bledsoe is benched and the Romo Show begins.

Best of luck to Romo! As much as I hate the Cowboys, it'll be nice to see a great I-AA player bring his A-game to the NFL level...

================
Romo will make his first start since the 2002 Division I-AA playoffs Sunday night, when the Cowboys visit the Carolina Panthers. After watching the first 52 games of his NFL career, then coming off the bench in the last two, he's ready to be the main man.

``I've always prepared like I was going to play each week,'' Romo said. ``You know, there's more sense of urgency and, in that respect, you're going to want to be perfect with everything throughout the week. It's not always going to be, but you want things to go smooth.''

The Tony Romo Project began in 2003, the same season Parcells arrived in Dallas.

The I-AA player of the year at Eastern Illinois, Romo went undrafted. Several teams tried signing him, but he picked the Cowboys because of Parcells and a depth chart that featured only Quincy Carter and Chad Hutchinson. He made the club as the No. 3 quarterback, and the waiting game began.

http://www.kotv.com/sports/local/story/?id=113270

AppGuy04
October 28th, 2006, 10:37 AM
TO is happy with the move, that should be a good sign for the Boys

TexasTerror
October 28th, 2006, 10:39 AM
TO is happy with the move, that should be a good sign for the Boys

Perhaps because Romo promised he'd give TO the ball if he ever got in and fufilled that when the Cowboys played the Texans...

Anyone willing to give TO the ball has a big fan in TO...:twocents:

AppGuy04
October 28th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Perhaps because Romo promised he'd give TO the ball if he ever got in and fufilled that when the Cowboys played the Texans...

Anyone willing to give TO the ball has a big fan in TO...:twocents:

possibly

I just think TO and Drew never got along b/c Drew wouldn't force the ball to TO. If Romo falls into that trap, this might be his only start

bobcatfan06
October 29th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Romo played lights out. The Cowboys are a different team with Romo at the helm. Madden and Michaels were saying that Romo could become the next Kurt Warner or Tom Brady after his performance tonight. I hope they are right.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
October 30th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Romo played lights out. The Cowboys are a different team with Romo at the helm. Madden and Michaels were saying that Romo could become the next Kurt Warner or Tom Brady after his performance tonight. I hope they are right.

LOL....i love when people compare one player after a single game to a HOF'er like Brady. I actually thought they referenced Trent Green, Warner, and Delhome to be honest. Maybe Green or Delhome guys, Warner would be tough in his prime, but Brady??

ASU Kep
October 30th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Yah, one start is little too early to begin comparing him to Brady and co. Personally, I still am not ready for Lebron/MJ comparisons and he's going into his fourth YEAR now...

but Romo did play an incredible game though, great to see a I-AA player lead a comeback like that (especially against the Panthers).

ASU Kep's fantastic football weekend summed up in general order of how much he cares:

1) ASU clobbering Furman.
2) ASU clobbering Furman.
3) Falcons taking the Bengals on the road.
4) I got on TV! :D
5) Cal Poly making it seven I-A wins.
6) Romo's great start in Dallas.

Can't complain...

LegacyDuke08
October 30th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Coming from a Dallas fan, I loved to see Tony Romo in there and how well he played. I did not buy into what announcers and commentators were saying about him being a great QB and may be like Brady or Warner. The problem lies in those that did believe them. Romo is gonna mess up sometime and he might have a couple awful games, who knows? But, I am a fan who is not ready for a let down. I realize a back-up has the starting job now and I'm prepared for whatever comes. I dare Romo to prove me wrong!

kats89
October 30th, 2006, 10:48 AM
I am a die hard Cowboy fan as well and was satisfied with the move for sure. Romo played like a lofty veteran last night. He is definitely more mobile. I honestly thought he had a little Farve in him last night. Not compairing him to Farve, but he sure showed some Farve moves. Of course, Farve is his fotball idol.xcoffeex :thumbsup:

I think the 'Boys can go on a little run here.xsmileyclapx

UNHWildCats
October 30th, 2006, 12:25 PM
3 NFL head coaches went to Eastern Illionois :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: