PDA

View Full Version : Rain at UNH?

Uncle Buck
October 28th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Hopefully the high winds and rain will keep Santos and company at bay and be a bit of an equalizer for the already inept Dutch offense.

Gotta wonder how this game will also impact other games in the NE like Maine and UMass. Poor weather could provide a reciper for upsets.

JMU_MRD'03-'07
October 28th, 2006, 07:07 AM
I expect to see much lower scoring games in the A10 north this week than in the South. The rain has cleared out here overnight and the only problems will be from 15-30mph winds.

Uncle Buck
October 28th, 2006, 07:17 AM
On Long Island it's raining hard and windy as hell, all of this is blowing north just in time for kickoff in Durham, Rhode Island and Boston. Should make for some slippery conditions, especially on grass.

yorkcountyUNHfan
October 28th, 2006, 07:52 AM
45 degrees with steady rain right now.
Not much wind yet.
Calling for 30-40 MPH gusts at game time.

We'll see if UNH can get their ground game going.

I think the field will be OK though.

Sam Adams
October 28th, 2006, 08:07 AM
Looks like a typhoon here in western mass. Should favor rushing offenses and rushing defenses. Great football weather for sure !!!

PantherRob82
October 28th, 2006, 08:09 AM
Sounds like a mess. Will be interesting to see how UMass and UNH respond.

Maroon&White
October 28th, 2006, 08:20 AM
Sounds like a mess. Will be interesting to see how UMass and UNH respond.

Mess? This is beautiful! At least to watch football :)

PantherRob82
October 28th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Any of those games have free internet feed?

Uncle Buck
October 28th, 2006, 09:39 AM
All i know is that I just got soaked chasing down my garbage cans and lawn furniture. If you don't have wind yet up in Durham, it's on it's way. I expect this is the day only the most faithful of fans and a few nut jobs will be in the stands.

Hopefully Hofstra can get a mud game going as well, anything to help us at this point would be great.

Almost forgot, I know WRHU at Hofstra will have a feed, you can link up from here:

http://www.hofstra.edu/CampusL/WRHU/wrhu_sports_schedule.cfm

Just click the listen link on the lefthand side.

JMU-MRD-DAD
October 28th, 2006, 09:45 AM
All i know is that I just got soaked chasing down my garbage cans and lawn furniture. If you don't have wind yet up in Durham, it's on it's way. I expect this is the day only the most faithful of fans and a few nut jobs will be in the stands.

Hopefully Hofstra can get a mud game going as well, anything to help us at this point would be great.

Almost forgot, I know WRHU at Hofstra will have a feed, you can link up from here:

http://www.hofstra.edu/CampusL/WRHU/wrhu_sports_schedule.cfm

Just click the listen link on the lefthand side.
Early thunderstorm and rain here in Richmond this morning, but the sun is out now with only the wind to deal with and maybe a wet field. Sure will be another interesting Saturday.

GO DUKES.................................getting ready to tailgate at UR...

ChEHusky
October 28th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Any of those games have free internet feed?

Northeastern has been doing live feeds from the game this year. If you go to www.gonu.com when the NU/UMass game starts you should be able to get to it.

UNHFan99
October 28th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Its pouring her in Durham. Its gonna be really sloppy. The weather man just said gusts of up to 50 MPH during gametime. theres a pretty good stream of water moving down my street and puddles forming already. I will be at the game though.

Umass74
October 28th, 2006, 10:44 AM
UMass-Northeastern in live on CN8 (http://www.cn8.tv/) .

Or from the UMass site .

Heavy rain and about 40 mph winds here in Jaffrey NH. Hope we don't loose power during the game.