5 Leath, Jamar Coastal Carolina 6-2 228
6 Leak, Darius Morgan State 6-2 245
7 Vavala, Cory Nicholls State 6-1 215
8 Kinsell, Kyle Davidson 6-0 235
9 Lowe, Clive Montana State 6-3 242 4.94
10 Castillo, Jeremy Texas State 5-11 220

Mr. C
October 27th, 2006, 07:14 AM
I have heard John Mohring mentioned as a strong safety at the NFL level. Not sure he has enough size to be an NFL linebacker. I would also think that the 40 time listed for him is innaccurate at this point. He plays more like a guy with 4.5 speed, or better. He is one of those guys who plays at an exceptionally high speed all of the time. He is one of those guys who people say "His motor is always running." The Appalachian State players who faced him last Saturday were remarking on how cut he was. Mohring has obviously been putting a lot of work in. I was also impressed on Saturday with how team-oriented he was when he was asked about all of the changes going on in the Georgia Southern program in his senior year.

Marques Murrell could be a interesting pick-up for someone. He is a tweener in size, between defensive end and linebacker. Jason Hunter, his running mate last season, was the same weight, though a little taller (Hunter also has exceptionally long arms and big hands). Hunter made it as a DE with the Green Bay Packers. Another thing in Murrell's favor is the fact that his brother, Anthony, played 10 years in the NFL and was very well respected. Anthony has done a lot to help prepare Marques for playing college football and towards his mind-set about the NFL. Marques is also a kid who excells at studying and breaking down film. He is an extremely hard worker.

seantaylor
October 27th, 2006, 07:25 AM
I would say that Mohring runs a high 4.4 to low 4.5. He will be a great NFL player, ala John Lynch.

smallcollegefbfan
October 27th, 2006, 11:34 AM
I think that top 10 list is innacurate about how things will play out. Like Mr. C said Mohring is much faster. I would say 4.48/4.52 type player. He will play SS in the NFL IMO, unless he gains a lot of weight. He has that SS body.

Murrell will play OLB but he is faster than a 4.72 guy. I think he plays like a 4.60 guy. He is a hard enough worker to make it from what I have seen on him. He should be ahead of Baldwin. I saw Alabama A&M live and their SS is much better than he is.

TexasTerror
October 27th, 2006, 11:48 AM
These lists, as I've said before are based on heading into the season...

Not as many changes to the I-AA guys until after the regular season from what I've seen from this site compared to the I-A guys...

I'll do this against heading into the draft, but thought I'd open discussion here under this forum since it's relatively dead...

GSUSpider
October 27th, 2006, 02:18 PM
I see one noticeable omission on your list. UR OLB Adam Goloboski. He is just as good, if not better, than most players on your list. He is also a finalist for A10 DPOY and has been on several preseason AA teams not to mention that he is a 3time all A10 honoree.

UNHknowledge
October 27th, 2006, 05:05 PM
No reason to rank 10 OLB's...I'd say maaaybe 3 will be drafted and 5 would be a real stretch. Everyone else can start thinkin about Canada.

smallcollegefbfan
October 27th, 2006, 07:12 PM
I don't think 3 get drafted from I-AA. I personally don't see any of these guys getting drafted at this point.

seantaylor
October 28th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Mohring is a man amongst boys. He was everywhere today against the Citadel. Unfortunately our sorry coaching overshadows the best linebacker in 1AA.

Mountaineer#96
October 30th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Murrell is a 4.6 - 40 YD .........and it is very likely depending on how he finishes the year out, he can be drafted.