PDA

View Full Version : Villanova: John Robertson Named to Walter Payton Award Watch List

News from the FCS
July 8th, 2014, 02:20 PM
Villanova junior quarterback John Robertson (Paramus, N.J.) is one of 20 players named the 2014 Walter Payton Award Watch List. As a sophomore last season, Robertson finished ninth in the voting for the Payton Award which is given to the top player in FCS Football.

More... (http://onlyfans.cstv.com/schools/nova/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/070814aaa.html)

smilo
July 8th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Very good. I was mad when he wasn't in the All-American preview video posted in the main forum. Obviously Adams is more deserving, but I thought he might be able to outlast Epperly for that all-purpose spot. Nebrich and Bennett will certainly be stiff competition too. Robertson's going to need some sort of help from the rest of his offense this year to win some games and stay in the conversation by winning games.

As an aside, nice to see Michael Strauss on there. I expect big things from him this year for Richmond. They just need to get off to a better start which they should.