PDA

View Full Version : ULL and Southern's season-opener matchup added to TV schedule

Pages : 1 [2]

bluedog
June 17th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Hater!!! xlolx

Yep, that's just the message, that I've been trying to relay to him.

FormerPokeCenter
June 18th, 2014, 05:17 AM
Why don't you go play in the middle of the Atchafalaya Basin Bridge with 50 18 wheelers?

xlolx

Atchafalaya's an awfully big word for a Southern Grad to be using.

Who helped you spell it correctly?? ;P

MplsBison
June 18th, 2014, 11:15 AM
He isn't wrong. Like my previous post said, we are rated right along them. Why don't you present some proof to the contrary? I would say MVFC, CAA, (3rd best FCS) are close peers to Sun Belt and MAC. I know the public doesn't perceive it like that and things change year to year, but the level of football is comparable.

You haven't presented any proof of anything. You say that some guy's computer calculates the MVFC as being rated closely to the MAC. Good for that guy and his computer.

Quite obviously, the MVFC and the CAA aren't peers to the SB and MAC. That would be like saying the NSIC and the MIAA are peers to the MVFC.

As far as LFN goes, he's being obtuse and avoiding having to deal with my correct assertion. He knows what "average" means.

Look, if you have two groups of numbers as follows,

Group 1 - 10, 8, 8, 8, 6, 6, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2 -> average = 5.46...

Group 2 - 10, 9, 7, 7, 6, 4, 4, 3, 3, 1 -> average = 5.4

then obviously the average of Group 1 is greater than the average of Group 2. That's simple to understand. Yet LFN is trying to counter that simple concept by saying something along the lines of "well, you've got a 4=4 ... oh and look, you've got a 4 that's greater than 3, 3 and 2!" It's a fallacy called a red herring.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 18th, 2014, 11:31 AM
then obviously the average of Group 1 is greater than the average of Group 2. That's simple to understand. Yet LFN is trying to counter that simple concept by saying something along the lines of "well, you've got a 4=4 ... oh and look, you've got a 4 that's greater than 3, 3 and 2!" It's a fallacy called a red herring.

So you're saying wins over Indiana State and Iowa State are equal?

MplsBison
June 18th, 2014, 11:51 AM
So you're saying wins over Indiana State and Iowa State are equal?

I'm saying what I said in post #233. On average, MAC football is a step up from MVFC football.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 18th, 2014, 12:03 PM
I'm saying what I said in post #233. On average, MAC football is a step up from MVFC football.

Average based on... what? Wins? Endowment dollars? Margin of victory?

MplsBison
June 18th, 2014, 01:01 PM
Average based on... what? Wins? Endowment dollars? Margin of victory?

Level of play.

BisonFan02
June 18th, 2014, 01:10 PM
Level of play.

and tradition.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgHyEbMQ-OE

Row, Row, Row, Row.........

MplsBison
June 18th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Ha! That's funny.

But seriously, the level of play of MAC football is better than MVFC football, on average.

BisonFan02
June 18th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Ha! That's funny.

But seriously, the level of play of MAC football is better than MVFC football, on average.

Is it?

813Jag
June 18th, 2014, 01:30 PM
what a weird thread, there's about 500 different topics going on xlolx

bluedog
June 18th, 2014, 01:52 PM
what a weird thread, there's about 500 different topics going on xlolx

It's the normal hijacking of anything SWAC related.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

centennial
June 18th, 2014, 01:56 PM
You haven't presented any proof of anything. You say that some guy's computer calculates the MVFC as being rated closely to the MAC. Good for that guy and his computer.

Quite obviously, the MVFC and the CAA aren't peers to the SB and MAC. That would be like saying the NSIC and the MIAA are peers to the MVFC.

As far as LFN goes, he's being obtuse and avoiding having to deal with my correct assertion. He knows what "average" means.

Look, if you have two groups of numbers as follows,

Group 1 - 10, 8, 8, 8, 6, 6, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2 -> average = 5.46...

Group 2 - 10, 9, 7, 7, 6, 4, 4, 3, 3, 1 -> average = 5.4

Saragin and Massey both rate MVFC higher. However, those are some guys computer. They are irrelevant since you think "on average" MAC is better than the MVFC. On average MAC, CUSA and Sun Belt are barely rated higher on a year to year basis. This does not include that the have a slightly higher SoS that boosts their rankings or that they roll with more scholarships. With more scholarships CAA or the MVFC would be similar to Mountain West.

Is the normal hijacking of anything SWAC related.

This thread is now about how much of a difference there is between upper FCS and lower FBS.

Apphole
June 18th, 2014, 04:01 PM
Slightly higher SOS. xlolx SLIGHTLY.

The Carolina Panthers have a slightly higher SOS than UNC this year too.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 18th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Quite obviously, the MVFC and the CAA aren't peers to the SB and MAC.

You're exactly correct. Academically the Sun Belt and MAC can't touch the CAA or MVFC.

MplsBison
June 18th, 2014, 04:55 PM
Is it?

On average, yes.

MplsBison
June 18th, 2014, 04:58 PM
Saragin and Massey both rate MVFC higher. However, those are some guys computer. They are irrelevant since you think "on average" MAC is better than the MVFC. On average MAC, CUSA and Sun Belt are barely rated higher on a year to year basis. This does not include that the have a slightly higher SoS that boosts their rankings or that they roll with more scholarships. With more scholarships CAA or the MVFC would be similar to Mountain West.

This thread is now about how much of a difference there is between upper FCS and lower FBS.

There are lots of computer formulas. None of which are capable of predicting wins based on the rankings they spew out.

Look I'm not saying the MAC is worlds better than the MVFC, we both know that's not the case. Perhaps not even noticeably better to someone sitting in the stadium. But on average their level of play is better, in a statistical sense (and no, don't start looking up player stats - that's not what I mean).

They do have a few more scholarships, but I'd be very surprised if you look at NDSU's starters the last three years and found very many who weren't on full scholarship their entire careers in Fargo. So in truth, it doesn't make much of a difference. We're talking about 60 scholarships vs. 80 scholarships when only 22 guys start.

MplsBison
June 18th, 2014, 05:00 PM
You're exactly correct. Academically the Sun Belt and MAC can't touch the CAA or MVFC.

The MAC is normal schools. For the most part, so is the MVFC except for NDSU and SDSU.

So I take it at this point you're conceding that you've lost the argument. Or do you have more red herrings to loose yet?

centennial
June 18th, 2014, 05:21 PM
Slightly higher SOS. xlolx SLIGHTLY.

The Carolina Panthers have a slightly higher SOS than UNC this year too.
Are you hurt because we don't consider the Sun Belt a significant upgrade in football from MVFC? For SOS by rank Slum Belt is 114th hardest schedule vs MVFC being 127th on average. If you take Lousiana-Monroe out, they are both about equal.

Apphole
June 18th, 2014, 05:41 PM
&
Are you hurt because we don't consider the Sun Belt a significant upgrade in football from MVFC? For SOS by rank Slum Belt is 114th hardest schedule vs MVFC being 127th on average. If you take Lousiana-Monroe out, they are both about equal.

And if you take NDSU out, the MVFC drops off the chart.

It won't be long till you essentially do take them out, or at least NDSU as we know them, with their HC and AD gone.

That being said, the Belt is miles ahead of any FCS league as is. You'd be better off measuring dicks with CUSA or the MAC, both of which have been out performed by the Sun Belt on the gridiron the last two seasons.

centennial
June 18th, 2014, 06:14 PM
&

And if you take NDSU out, the MVFC drops off the chart.

It won't be long till you essentially do take them out, or at least NDSU as we know them, with their HC and AD gone.

That being said, the Belt is miles ahead of any FCS league as is. You'd be better off measuring dicks with CUSA or the MAC, both of which have been out performed by the Sun Belt on the gridiron the last two seasons.

We were talking about SOS not rankings. The point still being its not like you went to the SEC. You really think the difference between the Sun Belt and MVFC is the same as FBS and NFL? Go ahead and look at ratings over the last decade. Many times the CAA, MVFC, Top FCS conference have been rated over FBS dungeon dwellers or right along them. I do agree that MAC is the worst FBS league. NDSU has been winning on the field for many decades. This year we went to the Big Dance, won the FCS, NCAA nationals for baseball, highly ranked in track and wrestling. I don't think we suddenly become a bad team. The football team is going into the season looking to make it 4 in a row(it might not happen but we will still be a contender).

Apphole
June 18th, 2014, 06:30 PM
I never said we were the SEC. And the NFL analogy was hyperbole.

I was talking in terms if SOS, not ranking: The Belt is, top to bottom, head and shoulders above any FCS league in SOS. And you know my school has a long tradition of excellence and won three straight FCS titles. That run came to an end and the relative SOS of the SoCon waned as Apps dominance waned.

centennial
June 18th, 2014, 06:39 PM

I was talking in terms if SOS, not ranking: The Belt is, top to bottom, head and shoulders above any FCS league in SOS. And you know my school has a long tradition of excellence and won three straight FCS titles. That run came to an end and the relative SOS of the SoCon waned as Apps dominance waned.
I would like to see some games between MVFC and Sun Belt. Probably won't happen but it would be interesting.

Apphole
June 18th, 2014, 06:42 PM
I would like to see some games between MVFC and Sun Belt. Probably won't happen but it would be interesting.

If you matched them in order you wouldn't win a game.

citdog
June 18th, 2014, 06:51 PM

NCA&T

xlolx

citdog
June 18th, 2014, 06:56 PM

Actually the FCS got too tough for ol' yosef and he had to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x0Al5QkxDE

Apphole
June 18th, 2014, 07:01 PM
Actually the FCS got too tough for ol' yosef and he had to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x0Al5QkxDE
We wore ourselves out whooping the enemy.

That's the line, right?

citdog
June 18th, 2014, 07:14 PM
We wore ourselves out whooping the enemy.

That's the line, right?

No you just got WORE OUT,

See Charles Sumner.

MplsBison
June 18th, 2014, 07:54 PM

Who would you have NDSU, SDSU and UNI playing?

Apphole
June 18th, 2014, 07:57 PM
Who would you have NDSU, SDSU and UNI playing?

Louisiana, Ark St, and USA respectively.

MplsBison
June 18th, 2014, 08:07 PM
NDSU v Louisiana and SDSU v Ark St would be two very fun matchups.

But the caveat is that we wouldn't allow them to play down south until it was no longer hot. xnodx

centennial
June 18th, 2014, 08:58 PM
I think you have been drinking too much Sun Belt cool aid.
http://i.imgur.com/vXx0Pb4.jpg

Apphole
June 18th, 2014, 09:17 PM
I think you have been drinking too much Sun Belt cool aid.
http://i.imgur.com/vXx0Pb4.jpg

If I were near my computer I'd post a picture of a straw man.

You don't have to be SEC caliber to sweep an FCS conference. xlolx

centennial
June 18th, 2014, 09:28 PM
If I were near my computer I'd post a picture of a straw man.

You don't have to be SEC caliber to sweep an FCS conference. xlolx
Tell ULL to schedule NDSU and see what happens. UNI would take out most of your teams as well. The only strawman is you. You have no way to show that the Sun Belt is better than the MVFC, there aren't any sweeps happening. I guess the FBS rhetoric has gotten to your head. Why don't you back to SunBelt BBS and join the circle jerk about being the best Go5 conference.

WestCoastAggie
June 18th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Let's go 30 pages!

813Jag
June 19th, 2014, 06:53 AM
Let's go 30 pages!
me reading this thread:
http://memeguy.com/photos/images/the-best-reaction-to-gordon-ramsay-ive-ever-seen-6576.gif

813Jag
June 19th, 2014, 07:12 AM
even Georgia State? I don't have a dog in this fight, just curious.

FormerPokeCenter
June 19th, 2014, 09:09 AM
The Slum Belch is an incredibly weak FBS league. If Appy and Ga. Southern don't run the table in that league, something's bad wrong...

Of course, based on App's performance last year, I may have to revise that to "If Georgia Southern doesn't run the table in that leauge".....

I don't know what the rest of the Southland's record against the Slum Belch is, but McNeese hasn't ever lost a game to a member and has wins against USL and Middle Tennesse when they were the conference co-champs and went to a bowl game...

The Slum Belch schedules FCS schools selectively. They usually don't want anything to do with a competent FCS squad because they know they don't have a talent edge. They'll agree to games against FCS schools they think they can win easily, ergo USL's game against Southern...

The notion that the Slum Belch is a healthy, vibrant FBS league is...simply put...LAUGHABLE...

The league is populated mostly by former SLC schools. Of those, only the University of Louisiana (at Monroe) ever did anything noteworthy in the FCS, winning the 87 Natty....

Apphole
June 19th, 2014, 09:37 AM
This ain't your daddy's Sun Belt. You need to update your perception. Of course, that would interfere with your delusions about the SLC and the FCS being on even footing with the SBC, MAC etc, so I'm not holding my breath.

FormerPokeCenter
June 19th, 2014, 10:43 AM
So in 24 months, the Sun Belch has miraculously gone from bottom feeding trash league, who had a bowl team lose to McNeese to somehow being on the verge of inclusion in the Power 5?

Gimme a ****ing break! You're the only who desperately needs to update your perceptions. Just because you're a Slum Belch member now, it doesn't suddenly put lipstick on that pig of a league...

centennial
June 19th, 2014, 11:24 AM
So in 24 months, the Sun Belch has miraculously gone from bottom feeding trash league, who had a bowl team lose to McNeese to somehow being on the verge of inclusion in the Power 5?

Gimme a ****ing break! You're the only who desperately needs to update your perceptions. Just because you're a Slum Belch member now, it doesn't suddenly put lipstick on that pig of a league...
To be fair the Sun Belt has improved and with the addition of GSU and App State should be stronger than the MAC and maybe even CUSA. However, it is still not a huge step up from a top FCS conference. They pick the weakest FCS teams that they can to prevent McNesse like embarrassments. Just funny how things change once you join a league.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 19th, 2014, 11:38 AM
1. The Sun Belt, MAC and MVFC are all about equal in terms of teams top to bottom in football. There is no data that indicates that the top team of all these leagues are head and shoulders above the others, nor is their data to indicate that the worst teams in all three are worse than each other. The computer rankings had them at about the same at the end of the year, and while imperfect, it's all we got.

2. The trouble is there will never be a way to accurately gauge the "schedule strength" of these three leagues because the OOC games between the teams are so limited and thus impossible to get a large enough data set to weight this properly. Instead, you end up doing subjective comparisons things like NDSU's win over Kansas State being "more impressive" than Northern Illinois' win over Iowa, or that NDSU's win over Towson was "more impressive" than NIU's win over Eastern Illinois, because Towson beat Eastern Illinois....

Unfortunately "schedule strength" is being used, consciously and unconsciously, as ways to get teams into the playoffs at the FCS level, and starting this year, the FBS.

walliver
June 19th, 2014, 11:39 AM
To be fair the Sun Belt has improved and with the addition of GSU and App State should be stronger than the MAC and maybe even CUSA. However, it is still not a huge step up from a top FCS conference. They pick the weakest FCS teams that they can to prevent McNesse like embarrassments. Just funny how things change once you join a league.

I don't know if the Sun Belt has moved up. But C-USA has definitely fallen - 3 recent startup programs (UNCC, ODU, UTSA), multiple recent I-AA/FCS movers (MTSU, WKU, FAI, FIU, Marshall, UAB). In fact, C-USA 2014 looks a lot like Sun Belt 2004. When Tulane, playing in front of 10's of thousands of empty seats, moves out, it is not a good sign.

MplsBison
June 19th, 2014, 01:30 PM
1. The Sun Belt, MAC and MVFC are all about equal in terms of teams top to bottom in football. There is no data that indicates that the top team of all these leagues are head and shoulders above the others, nor is their data to indicate that the worst teams in all three are worse than each other. The computer rankings had them at about the same at the end of the year, and while imperfect, it's all we got.

2. The trouble is there will never be a way to accurately gauge the "schedule strength" of these three leagues because the OOC games between the teams are so limited and thus impossible to get a large enough data set to weight this properly. Instead, you end up doing subjective comparisons things like NDSU's win over Kansas State being "more impressive" than Northern Illinois' win over Iowa, or that NDSU's win over Towson was "more impressive" than NIU's win over Eastern Illinois, because Towson beat Eastern Illinois....

Unfortunately "schedule strength" is being used, consciously and unconsciously, as ways to get teams into the playoffs at the FCS level, and starting this year, the FBS.

The MAC, on average, plays better football than the MVFC.

Computer rankings are irrelevant, because they can't pick winners using that "data".

bluedog
June 19th, 2014, 01:31 PM

Which bowl team would that be?

MplsBison
June 19th, 2014, 01:32 PM
The Slum Belch is an incredibly weak FBS league. If Appy and Ga. Southern don't run the table in that league, something's bad wrong...

Of course, based on App's performance last year, I may have to revise that to "If Georgia Southern doesn't run the table in that leauge".....

I don't know what the rest of the Southland's record against the Slum Belch is, but McNeese hasn't ever lost a game to a member and has wins against USL and Middle Tennesse when they were the conference co-champs and went to a bowl game...

The Slum Belch schedules FCS schools selectively. They usually don't want anything to do with a competent FCS squad because they know they don't have a talent edge. They'll agree to games against FCS schools they think they can win easily, ergo USL's game against Southern...

The notion that the Slum Belch is a healthy, vibrant FBS league is...simply put...LAUGHABLE...

The league is populated mostly by former SLC schools. Of those, only the University of Louisiana (at Monroe) ever did anything noteworthy in the FCS, winning the 87 Natty....

- The University of Louisiana, the flagship of the ULS, is not located in Monroe.

- There is no such school as USL

- The Sun Belt, on average, plays better football than the Southland

Lehigh Football Nation
June 19th, 2014, 01:41 PM
The Sun Belt, on average, plays better football than the Southland

An unprovable theory.

Unless you take McNeese's historical record against teams from the Sun Belt.

pokefan02
June 19th, 2014, 01:44 PM
There is no University of Louisiana only the University of Louisiana System

Sent from my HTC M8

FormerPokeCenter
June 19th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Which bowl team would that be?

Middle Tennesee....only now that I look at it, they did NOT go to a bowl game, despite finishing with an identical record to USL, who went to the New Orleans Bowl, and a BETTER record (overall and conference) than Western Kentucky, who went to the Go.Daddy.Com bowl...

Ark State won that ****ty conference, then ULM, USL and Middle Tennessee finished second....Middle Tennessee got hosed.

813Jag
June 19th, 2014, 02:06 PM
There is no University of Louisiana only the University of Louisiana System

Sent from my HTC M8
don't get MPLS riled up again xlolx

bluedog
June 19th, 2014, 02:18 PM
Middle Tennesee....only now that I look at it, they did NOT go to a bowl game, despite finishing with an identical record to USL, who went to the New Orleans Bowl, and a BETTER record (overall and conference) than Western Kentucky, who went to the Go.Daddy.Com bowl...

Ark State won that ****ty conference, then ULM, USL and Middle Tennessee finished second....Middle Tennessee got hosed.

Boy you sure have a propensity to li....errr mis-speak.

xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
June 19th, 2014, 02:24 PM
Boy you sure have a propensity to li....errr mis-speak.

xlolx

Still...it's a crappy league. You can write off the McWins over ULM and USL as being against the League's weak sisters. But the win against Middle Tennesse, when they were 8-4 and 6-2, shows that there's no separation between the SlumBelch and the Southland.....

Remember, in 2012, McNeese was the FOURTH place finisher in the SLC...

bluedog
June 19th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Still...it's a crappy league. You can write off the McWins over ULM and USL as being against the League's weak sisters. But the win against Middle Tennesse, when they were 8-4 and 6-2, shows that there's no separation between the SlumBelch and the Southland.....

Honestly no, I don't pay that much attention to McNeese.

FormerPokeCenter
June 19th, 2014, 04:14 PM
Honestly no, I don't pay that much attention to McNeese.

I can certainly understand that, I don't pay much attention to teams in higher leagues than mine either ;)

bluedog
June 19th, 2014, 04:18 PM
I can certainly understand that, I don't pay much attention to teams in higher leagues than mine either ;)

No. .. seriously I don't.

Apphole
June 19th, 2014, 05:47 PM

Yeah dude. One game 2 or more years ago is indispensable proof that they're basically the same level. I just don't know why the leadership at App and Southern didn't join the mighty Southland.

centennial
June 19th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Yeah dude. One game 2 or more years ago is indispensable proof that they're basically the same level. I just don't know why the leadership at App and Southern didn't join the mighty Southland.
Because even crappy FBS provides more exposure than the typical FCS program. GSU and App State weren't typical so I am not sure how much of a difference it will be. Other than that you can play higher level of competition through your OOC.

MplsBison
June 20th, 2014, 04:43 PM
An unprovable theory.

Unless you take McNeese's historical record against teams from the Sun Belt.

No data exists to "prove" it. Rather, the setup for the thought experiment is simple enough.

You imagine a way so that each team in the conference, when it was playing its best football (that could've been the beginning of the year, middle or end - depending on the team), could play ten games against every team of the other conference. Five home games and five away games. Not consecutively, but in parallel universes.

So each Southland team plays 90 games in 90 parallel universes, ten each against the nine Sun Belt teams. 45 home games, 45 away games. Note that the point of playing 10 instead of 1 or 2 is to give more chances for the "ball to bounce the other way" an equal number of times. You could increase it to 100 if you like, or whatever arbitrary number you see fit. They're playing in parallel universes, so it's not like the teams get tired.

To the perspective of the two teams in any particular universe, it just seems like a regular season game when each team was playing its best football. It might be a home game or it might be an away game.

Let's call it 720 games: eight Southland (SFA, SHSU, McN, SELA, NW, Nich, CArk, Lam) and nine Sun Belt (App, GA Sou, GA St, Ark St, UL, Mon, USA, TX St, Troy).

You can look at the total number of wins and losses for each conference and it would also be interesting to examine what I might call the "premiere" matchup, the best of each.

In my opinion, you're looking at the Sun Belt taking at least 60% of the games. And Louisiana would take at least 6 of 10 from both SELA and McNeese.

That's a significant increase in the level of play, in my opinion.

FormerPokeCenter
June 20th, 2014, 05:31 PM
No data exists to "prove" it. Rather, the setup for the thought experiment is simple enough.

You imagine a way so that each team in the conference, when it was playing its best football (that could've been the beginning of the year, middle or end - depending on the team), could play ten games against every team of the other conference. Five home games and five away games. Not consecutively, but in parallel universes.

So each Southland team plays 90 games in 90 parallel universes, ten each against the nine Sun Belt teams. 45 home games, 45 away games. Note that the point of playing 10 instead of 1 or 2 is to give more chances for the "ball to bounce the other way" an equal number of times. You could increase it to 100 if you like, or whatever arbitrary number you see fit. They're playing in parallel universes, so it's not like the teams get tired.

To the perspective of the two teams in any particular universe, it just seems like a regular season game when each team was playing its best football. It might be a home game or it might be an away game.

Let's call it 720 games: eight Southland (SFA, SHSU, McN, SELA, NW, Nich, CArk, Lam) and nine Sun Belt (App, GA Sou, GA St, Ark St, UL, Mon, USA, TX St, Troy).

You can look at the total number of wins and losses for each conference and it would also be interesting to examine what I might call the "premiere" matchup, the best of each.

In my opinion, you're looking at the Sun Belt taking at least 60% of the games. And Louisiana would take at least 6 of 10 from both SELA and McNeese.

That's nothing but speculation. The historical record says you're flat out wrong. As usual.

centennial
June 20th, 2014, 07:27 PM

How do you come up with this stuff?

MplsBison
June 20th, 2014, 07:49 PM
That's nothing but speculation. The historical record says you're flat out wrong. As usual.

A game here and there is invalid, historical or no.

Alas, the inexorable problem of analyzing college football: vastly too few games amongst too many teams.

- - - Updated - - -

How do you come up with this stuff?

Very simple, scientific concepts. They teach it in elementary school.

FormerPokeCenter
June 20th, 2014, 08:14 PM
A game here and there is invalid, historical or no.

Alas, the inexorable problem of analyzing college football: vastly too few games amongst too many teams.

- - - Updated - - -

Very simple, scientific concepts. They teach it in elementary school.

Still nothing but speculation on your part...

You CLEARLY don't know much about USL, including their penchant for losing...What sorta FBS manages to lose to a Division II school??

SactoHornetFan
June 22nd, 2014, 07:04 PM
What D-2 school did they lose to? FCS is NOT D-2!!!

McNeese72
June 22nd, 2014, 09:02 PM
What D-2 school did they lose to? FCS is NOT D-2!!!

He is not talking about last season. The have lost to North Alabama in the past. Until the last few years, ULL's history as a FBS team was dismal.

SactoHornetFan
June 22nd, 2014, 10:59 PM
He is not talking about last season. The have lost to North Alabama in the past. Until the last few years, ULL's history as a FBS team was dismal.

And when Pacific still had I-A football they lost to us when we were still D-2. Who cares.

FormerPokeCenter
June 23rd, 2014, 07:27 AM
Pacific isn't pulling out all the stops to package itself as the flagship of the ULS, both academically and athletically.

It would be one thing if USL was scheduling aggressively and putting out a superior product. They're not....they're scheduling Southern and the rest of the weak sisters in the Slum Belch...

But, to answer your question, USL lost to North Alabama...a Division II school....a 40 scholly advantage and they still got beat...112 years of college football and they've only had ONE, count 'em ONE 9 win season. Never a 10 win season and never an 11 win season...

.462, lifetime, as a program....that's just TURRIBLE....

FormerPokeCenter
June 23rd, 2014, 08:07 AM
USL has won 9 games in the regular season, exactly ONCE...in 1970. And never in the Mark Hudspeth era..

Oh, by the way, LSU isn't in the ULS system, dumbass.

it would be helpful if you restricted your commentary to stuff you actually new something about.

I, for one, am looking forward to the peace and quiet that will come with your inevitable SILENCE...

FormerPokeCenter
June 23rd, 2014, 10:12 AM
The list of things that you don't get is obviously long and filled with simple concepts...

The discussion was about the ULS system and the dearth of a flagship, by design, in that system. That fundamental fact is at the heart of the name discussion with regard to USL and ULM. I would expect anybody who lived in the state, for 8 years, working at an institution in that system to know this and to understand it, except - maybe - for you.

I think that lack of subject matter expertise is precisely why the SWAC team wouldn't hire you. You don't have to be a bona fide expert to work in Sports Information, but let's be real: There is a grasp of simple concepts required for mere competence.

If you can't follow along and glean that we're talking about the ULS system, when the phrase "the ULS system" has been used several times across multiple pages of this thread, , then perhaps it's best you weren't considered for a job that requires - at a minimum - reading comprehension.

And, 1950 was the year the legislature upgraded McNeese from a junior college to a four year institution, so I'm not too concerned about losing to a Juco then ;)

I know LSU is not in the UL System, however the three 'research institutions' of ULL, La Tech and UNO are. Those schools being on equal footing in the eyes of the state shows who has top chops academically. So, there should not really be a debate. There's multiple schools with equal billing academically in the same system. Having been impacted professionally by changes regarding the LSU & UL Systems, you can rest assured I know a thing or two about both systems and quite frankly, some of the politics associated.

Further, I should contend that I am confused why you are making such a big deal over a Division II win over what was then known as I-A school from 1997. We all understand your dislike over the school in Lafayette, that sits on a 'higher plane' both academically (see tier system) and athletically than McNeese... but harping over a football game in 1997? Guess I should be tickled to death over the 1950 McNeese loss to Wharton JC? That sure was a doozy! Don't get it...

FormerPokeCenter
June 23rd, 2014, 11:35 AM
LOL, citing Jay Walker as a source of information on the name change isn't exactly relying on objectivity.

Primarily, what you were explaining is your ignorance on the topic. Stop now, while you're ahead ;)

Applying your skill set on the side? What, nobody wanted a frustrated SID wannabe with a fairly pronounced racial bias? How Shocking!!! ;)

Yes, USL is managing 8 wins a regular season competing in the Slum Belch. Color me NOT impressed...Let me know when they get around to playing anybody relevant...

Renting a win and an attendance increase from Southern doesn't impress me much ;)

bluedog
June 23rd, 2014, 12:32 PM
USL has won 9 games in the regular season, exactly ONCE...in 1970. And never in the Mark Hudspeth era..

Oh, by the way, LSU isn't in the ULS system, dumbass.

it would be helpful if you restricted your commentary to stuff you actually new something about.

I, for one, am looking forward to the peace and quiet that will come with your inevitable SILENCE...

C-c-c-can't we all j-j-just get along??

xcoffeex

SactoHornetFan
June 23rd, 2014, 12:36 PM
Pacific isn't pulling out all the stops to package itself as the flagship of the ULS, both academically and athletically.

It would be one thing if USL was scheduling aggressively and putting out a superior product. They're not....they're scheduling Southern and the rest of the weak sisters in the Slum Belch...

But, to answer your question, USL lost to North Alabama...a Division II school....a 40 scholly advantage and they still got beat...112 years of college football and they've only had ONE, count 'em ONE 9 win season. Never a 10 win season and never an 11 win season...

Ok, dude, that game was in 1997. And we almost coughed one up in OT last year to NAIA Southern Oregon. And Michigan lost to App State. Chaminade beat Virginia in hoops. My point: its called college sports and upsets happen. WHO THE HELL CARES except for some ******** who is still prob pissed he didn't get into UL. Sheesh, Im laughing at all of you because you are in freaking Louisiana of all states.

FormerPokeCenter
June 23rd, 2014, 01:01 PM
Ok, dude, that game was in 1997. And we almost coughed one up in OT last year to NAIA Southern Oregon. And Michigan lost to App State. Chaminade beat Virginia in hoops. My point: its called college sports and upsets happen. WHO THE HELL CARES except for some ******** who is still prob pissed he didn't get into UL. Sheesh, Im laughing at all of you because you are in freaking Louisiana of all states.

Apparently, YOU care, or you wouldn't respond...

And, I don't expect you to understand what the flagship debate is all about. Sac State almost losing to a NAIA school is not altogether shocking. You've managed, what, 14 or 15 winning seasons out of the last 50?? Color me NOT shocked to learn that an NAIA school almost handed you your hat...

Excellence is a concept you very clearly don't have much familiarity with, except perhaps from afar ;)

As to my choice of colleges, trust me when I tell you that I never, ever - not even for a moment - considered going to USL. That was the college of last resort...

MplsBison
June 23rd, 2014, 08:29 PM

UL is the flagship of the ULS system, academically and athletically. There is no such school called USL.

North Alabama beat UL in 1997. Completely irrelevant to anything.

McNeese72
June 23rd, 2014, 09:26 PM
UL is the flagship of the ULS system, academically and athletically. There is no such school called USL.

North Alabama beat UL in 1997. Completely irrelevant to anything.

I know you are nothing but a big troll, but I will say this once. There is no designated flagship university in the University of Louisiana System and that is a fact.

MplsBison
June 23rd, 2014, 09:54 PM
I know you are nothing but a big troll, but I will say this once. There is no designated flagship university in the University of Louisiana System and that is a fact.

It may not be officially designated (yet), but perception is reality in this case.

FormerPokeCenter
June 23rd, 2014, 10:09 PM
It may not be officially designated (yet), but perception is reality in this case.

And the perception is that the state legislature designed the ULS system so that it purposefully does NOT have a flagship...that's by design. Thanks for playing. Amazing bridge you live under, what with internet access and all....

MplsBison
June 23rd, 2014, 11:08 PM
And the perception is that the state legislature designed the ULS system so that it purposefully does NOT have a flagship...that's by design. Thanks for playing. Amazing bridge you live under, what with internet access and all....

The perception is that UL is the flagship of the ULS system, both athletically and academically.

FormerPokeCenter
June 23rd, 2014, 11:50 PM
The perception is that UL is the flagship of the ULS system, both athletically and academically.

While there may be a consensus amongst the voices in your head, back here in the real world...it's simply NOT the case ;)

SactoHornetFan
June 23rd, 2014, 11:58 PM
While there may be a consensus amongst the voices in your head, back here in the real world...it's simply NOT the case ;)

Man its so much fun watching how much it sticks in your craw that Lafayette decided to brand themselves athletically as Louisiana xlolx xnodx

Bisonoline
June 24th, 2014, 12:25 AM

Winner winner

FormerPokeCenter
June 24th, 2014, 12:53 AM
Man its so much fun watching how much it sticks in your craw that Lafayette decided to brand themselves athletically as Louisiana xlolx xnodx

It stuck in the Louisiana legislature's craw, too. Lafayette is specifically prohibited from going by "Louisiana"....

However, that hasn't stopped the vainglorious, overreaching social climbers from trying to co-opt that name by any means necessary, without ever actually having done anything to earn it...

You have to realize that USL fans pretty much identical to Georgia State fans in their zeal and rush to be something that they're not...

So...What do the Hornets look like this year? Yet another five win season, or will you fall back to another Four and Something record again???

pokefan02
June 24th, 2014, 10:57 AM
The only thing ULL is a flagship school in is primate husbandry

Sent from my HTC M8

SactoHornetFan
June 24th, 2014, 11:47 AM
It stuck in the Louisiana legislature's craw, too. Lafayette is specifically prohibited from going by "Louisiana"....

However, that hasn't stopped the vainglorious, overreaching social climbers from trying to co-opt that name by any means necessary, without ever actually having done anything to earn it...

You have to realize that USL fans pretty much identical to Georgia State fans in their zeal and rush to be something that they're not...

So...What do the Hornets look like this year? Yet another five win season, or will you fall back to another Four and Something record again???

Yep, at least I am being realistic about my team. Actually, Im hoping with the coaching turnover that hadn't done much with all the returning talent we have we might be able to surprise some people. If we can upset Cal...you know UC Berkeley legally, but goes by California athletically ;-) (who is still God-awful) in week 2, then a 7 win season isn't out of the question.

citdog
June 24th, 2014, 11:49 AM
Yep, at least I am being realistic about my team. Actually, Im hoping with the coaching turnover that hadn't done much with all the returning talent we have we might be able to surprise some people. If we can upset Cal...you know UC Berkeley legally, but goes by California athletically ;-) (who is still God-awful) in week 2, then a 7 win season isn't out of the question.

I'd love it if you beat Berkeley and then burnt down that nest of commie scum.

MplsBison
June 24th, 2014, 12:11 PM

Specifically prohibited, you say?

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/cajunradio.com/files/2011/12/Ragin-Cajuns-630x387.jpg

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/bgdailynews.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7/a7/7a7b1672-1e07-5845-8c8c-325cd7234a6b/4f06744adcfd2.image.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/08851bf09d0962c8bcc04920573965a1057fd001/c=0-20-2604-1973&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/LafayetteLA/2014/05/29/-tdabrd05-29-2014advertiser1d00420140528img-tdabrd05-09-2014a1.jpg

Good thing they're prohibited! I'd hate to see their athletics teams being so obviously branded as Louisiana.

Now you were saying something about making things up in your head? ...

FormerPokeCenter
June 24th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Here's an excellent piece about the issue from my first editor....

http://www.americanpress.com/Beam-10-27-13

The key point in the article, and in the law, is the following verbiage:

“the use of the University of Louisiana abbreviation MUST ALWAYS include the abbreviation for the municipal location of the institution.”

MplsBison
June 24th, 2014, 12:58 PM
They're not abbreviating anything. It clearly says "LOUISIANA" on the football, basketball and baseball uniforms (although "UL" does appear on the baseball caps).

And most certainly, not a single instance of "Lafayette" or "-L" is seen anywhere.

How do you explain that?

FormerPokeCenter
June 24th, 2014, 12:59 PM
They're violating the law....plain and simple, which is why pretty much every other fan base in the State thinks they're a bunch of disingenuous pricks...

GAD
June 24th, 2014, 02:30 PM
Specifically prohibited, you say?

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/cajunradio.com/files/2011/12/Ragin-Cajuns-630x387.jpg

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/bgdailynews.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/7/a7/7a7b1672-1e07-5845-8c8c-325cd7234a6b/4f06744adcfd2.image.jpg

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/08851bf09d0962c8bcc04920573965a1057fd001/c=0-20-2604-1973&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-/media/LafayetteLA/2014/05/29/-tdabrd05-29-2014advertiser1d00420140528img-tdabrd05-09-2014a1.jpg

Good thing they're prohibited! I'd hate to see their athletics teams being so obviously branded as Louisiana.

Now you were saying something about making things up in your head? ...
FPC is correct they are not suppose to do that but they do it anyway. Once the right person makes a big enough stink about it they will have to stop.
Simply let LSU start complaining and it will end

FormerPokeCenter
June 24th, 2014, 02:40 PM
It's almost poetic justice that Texas State, USL and Georgia State are in the same conference. Those three fan bases are pretty much identical...

I expect App and Ga. Southern to run the table in that league. If they don't...something is SERIOUSLY bad wrong....

Apphole
June 24th, 2014, 03:56 PM
It's almost poetic justice that Texas State, USL and Georgia State are in the same conference. Those three fan bases are pretty much identical...

I expect App and Ga. Southern to run the table in that league. If they don't...something is SERIOUSLY bad wrong....
Relax, bro

FormerPokeCenter
June 24th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Y'all got this??

MplsBison
June 25th, 2014, 12:14 PM
FPC is correct they are not suppose to do that but they do it anyway. Once the right person makes a big enough stink about it they will have to stop.
Simply let LSU start complaining and it will end

But LSU isn't complaining. Didn't you read the link that FPC posted?

Michael Bonnette, LSU sports information director, told The Times-Picayune that whatever the Cajuns call themselves, it won’t affect LSU as the state’s flagship university.“I know this is a push to try to become whatever it is they’re trying to become. But it has no effect on us,” Bonnette said. “We’re pretty secure in who we are.”

You see, LSU doesn't care that they're Louisiana. It doesn't affect them.

MplsBison
June 25th, 2014, 12:16 PM
They're violating the law....plain and simple, which is why pretty much every other fan base in the State thinks they're a bunch of disingenuous pricks...

I violate the law every day when I cross the street illegally, outside of the designated pedestrian crossing pathway.

About the time I get a citation for that is about the time when someone gives a rat's behind that they're called Louisiana.

FormerPokeCenter
June 25th, 2014, 12:27 PM

You mean the part where the USL crowd is paranoid that it's LSU who's "holding them back?" That part??? ;)

Or the part where LSU's SID (the son of longtime former McNeese SID Louis Bonnette and brother of the current McNeese SID) gets a great shot in about being secure in who they are, and that there's no flagship debate and that "whatever it is they're trying to morph into" comment?

The rational and knowledgeable people caught that on first reading...

Yet you didn't. LOL, why is that???

MplsBison
June 25th, 2014, 02:09 PM
You mean the part where the USL crowd is paranoid that it's LSU who's "holding them back?" That part??? ;)

Or the part where LSU's SID (the son of longtime former McNeese SID Louis Bonnette and brother of the current McNeese SID) gets a great shot in about being secure in who they are, and that there's no flagship debate and that "whatever it is they're trying to morph into" comment?

The rational and knowledgeable people caught that on first reading...

Yet you didn't. LOL, why is that???

He commented about what might happen if LSU started complaining about UL.

LSU doesn't care, as I pointed out that fact within the article you linked.

FormerPokeCenter
June 25th, 2014, 02:14 PM
Actually, no...there were some great tongue in cheek jabs at USL in that article....Just wait, there will be more opportunities. They'll find something else they want to call themselves, without merit, later ;)

MplsBison
June 25th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Actually, no...there were some great tongue in cheek jabs at USL in that article....Just wait, there will be more opportunities. They'll find something else they want to call themselves, without merit, later ;)

They are Louisiana, it says so on their uniforms, and that's not going to change any time soon. LSU doesn't care, thus nothing will happen.

End

lionsrking2
June 25th, 2014, 02:58 PM
They are Louisiana, it says so on their uniforms, and that's not going to change any time soon. LSU doesn't care, thus nothing will happen.

End

Actually LSU does care, that's why the law was written the way it was in the first place.

FormerPokeCenter
June 25th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Careful, you'll end up trying to refute Mpls with common sense and reason and, in the end, you'll simply get his idiocy all over you!

He's a textual tar baby!

McNeese75
June 25th, 2014, 04:57 PM

End

OK, FPC and I have a new shirt for you with a really super name on it. If we send it, you wear it, then you are it. RIGHT???? Please give us your mailing address xthumbsupx

McNeese72
June 25th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Why do you guys keep feeding the troll? I'm beginning to believe that only people who are from Louisiana and/or fans of the other University of Louisiana Universities can understand what the controversy is about. There is no flagship university of the U of L system and we don't like some university trying to claim that they are. And that is the facts. Either get this message string back on the subject or end it.

Is it football season yet??
Doc

citdog
June 25th, 2014, 06:07 PM
Why do you guys keep feeding the troll? I'm beginning to believe that only people who are from Louisiana and/or fans of the other University of Louisiana Universities can understand what the controversy is about. There is no flagship university of the U of L system and we don't like some university trying to claim that they are. And that is the facts. Either get this message string back on the subject or end it.

Doc

Doc.....my FAVORITE sadist I mean dentist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM

MplsBison
June 25th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Actually LSU does care, that's why the law was written the way it was in the first place.

Nope. It says right in the link that FPC provided, from the horse's mouth: they don't care.

MplsBison
June 25th, 2014, 06:44 PM

Doc

The University of Louisiana, the flagship campus of the UL System, scheduled Southern in football and that game has been added to a TV schedule. That's the topic of this thread.

FormerPokeCenter
June 25th, 2014, 07:02 PM
If Southern were playing in Monroe, that would be true....

McNeese72
June 25th, 2014, 07:06 PM
The University of Louisiana, the flagship campus of the UL System, scheduled Southern in football and that game has been added to a TV schedule. That's the topic of this thread.

Nope, troll!! This is the actual topic: ULL and Southern's season-opener matchup added to TV schedule

And that is the last food you get from me.

Doc

MplsBison
June 25th, 2014, 07:08 PM

ULM isn't the flagship of the UL system. They are one of the stronger satellite campuses, though.

It's amazing that so many of the campuses in the UL system are allowed to have DI athletic programs. Several of them have institutional profiles that more closely align with Division II.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, troll!! This is the actual topic: ULL and Southern's season-opener matchup added to TV schedule

And that is the last food you get from me.

Doc

Same thing, just worded differently.

FormerPokeCenter
June 25th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Of the ULS schools, ULM has the clearest, most cogent claim to Flagship status, with their pharmacy and associated degree programs.

USL only has one advantage. Lots of kids in the Acadiana area who couldn't get in elsewhere or who couldn't cut it at LSU and had to come home...

It's a huge commuter school....

ULM isn't the flagship of the UL system. They are one of the stronger satellite campuses, though.

It's amazing that so many of the campuses in the UL system are allowed to have DI athletic programs. Several of them have institutional profiles that more closely align with Division II.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Of the ULS schools, ULM has the clearest, most cogent claim to Flagship status, with their pharmacy and associated degree programs.

Athletically, ULM has a I-AA National Championship and a history of winning...

USL only has one advantage. Lots of kids in the Acadiana area who couldn't get in elsewhere or who couldn't cut it at LSU and had to come home...

It's a huge commuter school....

- - - Updated - - -

GAD
June 25th, 2014, 08:46 PM

To be honest it doesn't bother be at all that they themselves Louisiana, I was just pointing out that there is a state law against it.
LSU doesn't perceive them as a threat but as soon as them do watchout

McNeese75
June 25th, 2014, 10:37 PM
time to get a shirt in the mail xnodx

813Jag
June 26th, 2014, 06:49 AM

End
call Charles Hanagriff and Jimmy Ott during the Sports Today Show (225) 499-1045 and see what kind of response you get from those guys. They're BIG LSU fans xlolx

GAD
June 26th, 2014, 07:53 AM
that's coming in 2016 or 2017

FormerPokeCenter
June 26th, 2014, 10:20 AM
that's coming in 2016 or 2017

Good for you guys! It'll be good for you to finally play THE University of Louisiana campus who's actually familiar with excellence in some capacity....

bluedog
June 26th, 2014, 10:21 AM
xlolx Y'all are killing me xlolxxbawlingxxlolx

MplsBison
June 26th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Good for you guys! It'll be good for you to finally play THE University of Louisiana campus who's actually familiar with excellence in some capacity....

But they're not the flagship of the UL system. That's obvious because they put "ULM" on their uniforms, not "Louisiana".

http://gameplanmagazines.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/louisiana-monroe.jpg

FormerPokeCenter
June 26th, 2014, 11:17 AM
They're the Flagship of the ULS System, AND they know how to follow state law ;)

MplsBison
June 26th, 2014, 02:38 PM
They're the Flagship of the ULS System, AND they know how to follow state law ;)

Louisiana is the flagship of the UL system. Obviously.

FormerPokeCenter
June 26th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Yes. The one in Monroe...FINALLY! You get it!

MplsBison
June 26th, 2014, 05:05 PM
Yes. The one in Monroe...FINALLY! You get it!

Louisiana is located in Lafayette. ULM is Monroe.

FormerPokeCenter
June 26th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Lafayette and Monroe are both located in Louisiana. The city of Monroe is the home of the closest thing the University of Louisiana System has to a flagship, based on academic and athletic excellence....

JROCK
June 26th, 2014, 09:43 PM
Louisiana is the flagship of the UL system. Obviously.

You're correct. That guy is either an idiot or slow as syrup. xlolx

JROCK
June 26th, 2014, 09:57 PM

End

xlolx Those dummies from McNeese can't stand the fact that Louisiana Ragin Cajuns have left them behind. It's really a pitiful thing to watch. Basically the three largest fan bases in Louisiana has told McNeese, "don't call us we'll call you." LSU will give them a charity game every now and then, Louisiana don't want to catch flees so they stay away from McNeese and Southern would rather have someone pay the cowpolks off than to subject their fan base to that match box stadium. I don't know why those guys are over here acting brand new. xlolx

BisonFan02
June 26th, 2014, 09:58 PM
Not related to this thread at all, but this thread is off the rails anyway. Cool picture from NDSU today for the season countdown.

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/t1.0-9/10441082_10152561634454532_525435377154350199_n.jp g

JROCK
June 26th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Great snap....I glanced at the results of that game a couple of weeks ago Bison....

FormerPokeCenter
June 26th, 2014, 10:11 PM
xlolx Those dummies from McNeese can't stand the fact that Louisiana Ragin Cajuns have left them behind. It's really a pitiful thing to watch. Basically the three largest fan bases in Louisiana has told McNeese, "don't call us we'll call you." LSU will give them a charity game every now and then, Louisiana don't want to catch flees so they stay away from McNeese and Southern would rather have someone pay the cowpolks off than to subject their fan base to that match box stadium. I don't know why those guys are over here acting brand new. xlolx

You know as well as I do that USL doesn't wanna get that ass beat, so they schedule Southern ;)

How's that series between Southern and LSU coming? When are y'all finally gonna get to play a game in BR south of I-10??

JROCK
June 26th, 2014, 10:25 PM
You know as well as I do that USL doesn't wanna get that ass beat, so they schedule Southern ;)

How's that series between Southern and LSU coming? When are y'all finally gonna get to play a game in BR south of I-10??

Hopefully never, we're not on LSU (my favorite FBS team) level in football. Their weak minded alum Greg Lafleur scheduled us to play Georgia next year. I would sure like to get out of that one.......

FormerPokeCenter
June 26th, 2014, 10:31 PM
What's the buy out to get out of the Georgia game?? ;)

JROCK
June 27th, 2014, 12:05 AM
What's the buy out to get out of the Georgia game?? ;)

I am not sure... looks like we will be "between the hedges" in 2015. ....lol

MplsBison
June 27th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Lafayette and Monroe are both located in Louisiana. The city of Monroe is the home of the closest thing the University of Louisiana System has to a flagship, based on academic and athletic excellence....

Even if that were true, ULM has eschewed the honor as evident by the "ULM" on their uniforms.

So the honor goes to the de facto flagship of the UL System, the true "Louisiana" (as displayed on their uniforms) which is located in Lafayette.

MplsBison
June 27th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Not related to this thread at all, but this thread is off the rails anyway. Cool picture from NDSU today for the season countdown

There was a great quote from one of the players in that game, something like "they could run faster backwards than we could run forwards!"

MplsBison
June 27th, 2014, 08:07 AM

Good to hear how it really is from a Louisianan.

GAD
June 28th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Our fans all need to wear Columbia blue for this game because you know they're going to be out there with their cameras

MplsBison
June 29th, 2014, 09:41 AM
Looks like I finally wore FPC out. :)

FormerPokeCenter
June 29th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Your negative attention seeking is cute...

MplsBison
June 29th, 2014, 09:45 AM
No friggin' way you just happened to be browsing this thread at the very moment I posted.

You have it on email notification, don't you?

FormerPokeCenter
June 29th, 2014, 09:46 AM
Here's a helpful hint....when you log in, hit "New Posts" under the AGS Logo...

Its a quick way to see if there's anything you feel like replying too....