PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League - 2014

Pages : 1 [2]

Bogus Megapardus
June 1st, 2014, 02:43 PM
The Mike Vick comparison was not for Ortiz, but for redshirt freshman Jhalil Mosley who has a wealth of physical talent but has taken a year to recover from foot surgery prior to arriving at W&M.

I read the piece too quickly. What about Christian Brumbaugh? Will he get passed over in favor of the younger kids?

Tribe4SF
June 1st, 2014, 05:59 PM
I read the piece too quickly. What about Christian Brumbaugh? Will he get passed over in favor of the younger kids?

He'll have a chance to compete, as will Sophomore Steve Cluley, but Ortiz and Mosley are a step above talent wise. Ortiz is not younger. He's a redshirt senior this year.

heath
June 4th, 2014, 07:50 PM
Ortiz started several games in 2012 before injury. Talented but no idea whether he'll be ready after a second shoulder surgery last October.

The Mike Vick comparison was not for Ortiz, but for redshirt freshman Jhalil Mosley who has a wealth of physical talent but has taken a year to recover from foot surgery prior to arriving at W&M. He's participated in only a few practices.

If both of these guys are healthy, Ortiz will be the front runner with Mosley needing a short learning curve to be ready. Ortiz had a cannon before the surgeries, and can run. Mosley is very athletic, and throws a very pretty ball. With quality depth everywhere else on the offense, a strong QB can potentiate the Tribe this year.

Ortiz video.

http://www.tribeathletics.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=25100&id=1137412
If Mosley ends up being the tribe QB then you might as well fold your tents. Mike Graham was a much better QB at the the same high school and how did he work out? Jhalil never even made !st team all district in the JD as a QB and most were shocked W&M took a chance on him. If he can stay in school look for him to move to slot........Are you guys really that desperate at QB? thought recruiting would be better.

Bogus Megapardus
June 4th, 2014, 09:02 PM
a strong QB can potentiate the Tribe this year.

Thanks for the Ortiz video. He's quick, for sure.

And an honorary PL nod for apt use of the verb "potentiate" in an AGS thread.

DFW HOYA
June 4th, 2014, 09:47 PM
...I think it stands to reason that one of the other PL teams will be able to take down Fordham even when they're at full strength. I couldn't for the life of me predict which one, however.

Georgetown? The odds do not favor it. Georgetown has not won at Rose Hill since the 1974 season and have allowed, on average, 32 points per game to the Rams in the PL era. (And that's without scholarships.) The two teams meet in Bronx Nov. 15 before the Rams finish the regular season at Army. My guess is that Fordham runs the table with force, and there will be polite grumblings at Yankee Stadium the following week about it all.

Meanwhile, the Hoyas lose QB/WR Aaron Aiken to transfer. Aiken had a fifth year of eligibility and is headed to Coastal Carolina, leaving Kyle Nolan as the only returnee with more than a few minutes of game experience. Four Qb's will be in camp in August.

http://www.goccusports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/060414aaa.html

Bogus Megapardus
June 4th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Georgetown? The odds do not favor it. Georgetown has not won at Rose Hill since the 1974 season and have allowed, on average, 32 points per game to the Rams in the PL era. And that's without scholarships.

My guess is that Fordham runs the table with force, and there will be polite grumblings at Yankee Stadium that there should have been a trophy ceremony there instead.

All true, perhaps. But that's no reason (a) for Georgetown not to compete against Fordham giving its best effort and with a winning attitude, (b) not to play L-L #150 with all the pomp and grandeur to which it is entitled (whatever that might be), or (c) for Fordham not to relish in its achievement should it win the PL crown, all other contests notwithstanding.

Tribe4SF
June 5th, 2014, 04:00 AM
If Mosley ends up being the tribe QB then you might as well fold your tents. Mike Graham was a much better QB at the the same high school and how did he work out? Jhalil never even made !st team all district in the JD as a QB and most were shocked W&M took a chance on him. If he can stay in school look for him to move to slot........Are you guys really that desperate at QB? thought recruiting would be better.

Good thing you're not making a living as a scout. W&M stole Mosley from JMU who he had committed to the summer before his senior year. If you've never seen him throw a football then you haven't seen the obvious talent. Whether he has the head for the position is unknown because he's had so few practices, but the physical skill set is definitely there. Both Mosley and Mike Graham did more running than throwing at Monticello. Graham was a walk-on at W&M and got his opportunity because of numerous injuries to other QBs. He worked hard and became a contributor. If Mosley works as hard he'll be more than a contributor.

Edit: Speaking of QBs who never made first team all-district, Michael Vick is on that list.

Tribe4SF
June 5th, 2014, 04:09 AM
Thanks for the Ortiz video. He's quick, for sure.

And an honorary PL nod for apt use of the verb "potentiate" in an AGS thread.

xnodx We may not be heading to the PL anytime soon, but we recognize our academic peers.

LeopardBall10
June 5th, 2014, 07:01 AM
we recognize our academic peers.Oh, here we go... Nothing at all against you, Tribe. But if I hear this phrase one more time this offseason I might lose it.

Bogus Megapardus
June 5th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Oh, here we go... Nothing at all against you, Tribe. But if I hear this phrase one more time this offseason I might lose it.

http://www.pingminghealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/pears.jpg

DFW HOYA
June 5th, 2014, 07:19 AM
All true, perhaps. But that's no reason (a) for Georgetown not to compete against Fordham giving its best effort and with a winning attitude, (b) not to play L-L #150 with all the pomp and grandeur to which it is entitled (whatever that might be), or (c) for Fordham not to relish in its achievement should it win the PL crown, all other contests notwithstanding.

Yes, all of these will take place. Georgetown will give its best effort every week but I still don't see who sneaks up on Fordham for the next couple of years, however.

The league bought into Fordham's vision, now they have to live in it.

Bogus Megapardus
June 5th, 2014, 07:21 AM
http://www.chelseapiers.com/new/images/2012/460x300/aerial_2010_20m.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
June 5th, 2014, 07:23 AM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002144429/f6a19f6f818468d86150536bb0ba31da_answer_1_xlarge.j peg

Lehigh Football Nation
June 5th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Yes, all of these will take place. Georgetown will give its best effort every week but I still don't see who sneaks up on Fordham for the next couple of years, however. **

The league bought into Fordham's vision, now they have to live in it.

** Unless Nebrich gets hurt

FIFY

Tribe4SF
June 5th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Oh, here we go... Nothing at all against you, Tribe. But if I hear this phrase one more time this offseason I might lose it.

Oh Lord...I can't resist..."academic peers".

Bogus Megapardus
June 5th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Oh Lord...peers

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2010/3/25/1269554496976/House-of-Lords-001.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
June 5th, 2014, 10:16 AM
http://www.borev.net/imf.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
June 5th, 2014, 10:22 AM
http://images1.makefive.com/images/entertainment/music/best-who-album/who_s-next-7.jpg

Sader87
June 5th, 2014, 11:10 AM
I think the Rams are the odds on fave for the PL this year but I'm also of the belief that they are not head & shoulders above everyone else in the league. HC almost beat them in da Bronx when they had Nebrich last year and as we all know, they actually didn't win the league last year.

On paper, they have a tremendous offense coming back but their defense last year (like just about everyone in the PL) was somewhat shaky.

They'll be good no doubt. Unbeatable or completely dominant in the PL this year? I don't believe so.

RichH2
June 5th, 2014, 11:42 AM
Expect Rams D to be a bit better but still not a good one. They win by outscoring opponents. :) Enough to win PL as long as Nebrich healthy. Dont think they will go undefeated in PL. Then again dont think anyone will.

Bogus Megapardus
June 5th, 2014, 08:16 PM
I think the Rams are the odds on fave for the PL this year but I'm also of the belief that they are not head & shoulders above everyone else in the league. HC almost beat them in da Bronx when they had Nebrich last year and as we all know, they actually didn't win the league last year.

On paper, they have a tremendous offense coming back but their defense last year (like just about everyone in the PL) was somewhat shaky.

They'll be good no doubt. Unbeatable or completely dominant in the PL this year? I don't believe so.

The Rams are not at all unbeatable. They have essentially the same squad returning; Bucknell and Cross came within a hair's breadth of beating them last season and Lafayette actually did beat them. All the (non Fordham) PL teams will have scholarship sophomores starting en masse this year (save for Georgetown but that's another story). Those kids mostly were on the bench watching and learning last season. Now they're going to be let loose. True, Fordham might roll through but I don't think even Rams fans believe it will be a cakewalk. I'm sure they realize that they have that big target painted on their backs this year.

Lots of things can happen and some of them probably will. Personally, I predict upsets galore this season across the board.

JoltinJoe
June 5th, 2014, 08:34 PM
The Rams are not at all unbeatable. They have essentially the same squad returning; Bucknell and Cross came within a hair's breadth of beating them last season and Lafayette actually did beat them. All the (non Fordham) PL teams will have scholarship sophomores starting en masse this year (save for Georgetown but that's another story). Those kids mostly were on the bench watching and learning last season. Now they're going to be let loose. True, Fordham might roll through but I don't think even Rams fans believe it will be a cakewalk. I'm sure they realize that they have that big target painted on their backs this year.

Lots of things can happen and some of them probably will. Personally, I predict upsets galore this season across the board.

I remember the last time Fordham was the prohibitive pre-season favorite to win the PL title: 2003. We finished 4-3 in the conference (9-3 overall), and Colgate went to the national championship game.

citdog
June 5th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Fordham was HIGHLY overrated last season as was le high. An injury to Neibrich and they are done. All the Rams did was beat one of the worst teams in the country, temple, and that win lost luster as temple played more games and showed just how BAD they were.

Sader87
June 5th, 2014, 10:30 PM
Fordham was HIGHLY overrated last season as was le high. An injury to Neibrich and they are done. All the Rams did was beat one of the worst teams in the country, temple, and that win lost luster as temple played more games and showed just how BAD they were.

Much like the Confedaracy at Bull Run.......

citdog
June 5th, 2014, 10:47 PM
Much like the Confederacy at Bull Run.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI7vBQRuTYg

Whipped all HELL out of you TWICE upon the plains of Manassas! The second time we did it by throwing ROCKS at you when out of ammo.

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/95/a6/b5/95a6b52cc8202b01d008b4433478071b.jpg

http://www.usa-civil-war.com/Manassas/rock_fight.gif

Bogus Megapardus
June 5th, 2014, 11:31 PM
Whipped all HELL out of you TWICE upon the plains of Manassas! The second time we did it by throwing ROCKS at you when out of ammo.

If you overlook, for example, Gnl. Nathan Bedford Forrest's inane open-field tactics later on at Tupelo (following his unspeakable atrocities at Fort Pillow), and you focus only on the early sucker-punches (like First Bull Run), one might be deluded into believing that the Rebs actually had some bite to go with all the bark. Such a shame that individual state's rights have suffered to such an extent ever since. Just how long we'll all continue to pay for Southern battlefield ineptitude remains an open question. xsmhx

Bogus Megapardus
June 5th, 2014, 11:40 PM
Oh, and uh . . . . please tell me that someone on this thread appreciated the context of the "Who's Next" album cover . . . . xrolleyesx

RichH2
June 5th, 2014, 11:55 PM
Heheheh... drives you crazy when no one gets subtle touch. Gotta admit didn't notice til you pointed it out.:)

Bogus Megapardus
June 6th, 2014, 12:26 AM
Heheheh... drives you crazy when no one gets subtle touch. Gotta admit didn't notice til you pointed it out.:)

I know I get a bunch of blank stares at times. But that one was too tempting to pass up - the bad pun notwithstanding.

LeopardBall10
June 6th, 2014, 07:08 AM
the bad pun notwithstanding.Never on this boardxrolleyesx

RichH2
June 6th, 2014, 07:41 AM
I know I get a bunch of blank stares at times. But that one was too tempting to pass up - the bad pun notwithstanding.
There are no bad puns. Redundant phrase really. The deeper the groan,the better the pun :)

Lehigh Football Nation
June 6th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Cmon, Bogie, I expect that stuff over at "Lafayette at New Hampshire", not here. :)

Go Lehigh TU Owl
June 6th, 2014, 04:14 PM
I remember the last time Fordham was the prohibitive pre-season favorite to win the PL title: 2003. We finished 4-3 in the conference (9-3 overall), and Colgate went to the national championship game.

I actually think the '03 team entered the season with a little more hype. The trio of Eakin, Watson and Dudley were perhaps the best collection of skill guys in league history. For whatever reason, they never became the explosive unit they should have been in 2003. Lehigh's Jermaine Pugh had the game of his life in the rain in early September against the Rams which I think broke a bit of their confidence.....

I think Fordham is capable of reaching Frisco IF they can earn a seed. 11-1 would be good enough imo. There's been 4-5 PL teams that would have advanced further in the playoffs had they had at least one or two home playoff games.

Southsider
June 6th, 2014, 06:41 PM

I am not an FU fan, but you are a doucehbag. I can't even imagine how you live with yourself!

citdog
June 6th, 2014, 07:37 PM
I am not an FU fan, but you are a doucehbag. I can't even imagine how you live with yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixpF3zQXLbc

Please try and keep your personal attacks off of the FCS Discussion Board please. There is a place for that but this isn't it.

Love,

Cit
SUPER-MODERATOR

citdog
June 6th, 2014, 07:39 PM
I think Fordham is capable of reaching Frisco IF they can earn a seed. 11-1 would be good enough imo. There's been 4-5 PL teams that would have advanced further in the playoffs had they had at least one or two home playoff games.

And y'all say I'm crazy.......

Pard4Life
June 8th, 2014, 05:32 PM

Fordham highly overrated? I don't think so... they were probably ranked where they should have been last year. There are very few teams in FCS or FBS that won't fall through the floor if their starting QB is injured. Top 5? Probably not... Top 10? Yeah, likely.

Temple is still an FBS team... after beating Amry in October, Temple was in every game and nearly won every one... including a dramatic game against #15 UCF and Blake Bortles, who went on to trounce Baylor. So, Temple is not exactly a cream-puff...

Pard4Life
June 8th, 2014, 05:38 PM
My nominees for Patriot League game of the year:

9/6 Fordham @ Villanova
9/13 Lehigh @ UNH
10/3 Lafayette @ Fordham
11/1 Lafayette @ Bucknell
11/7 Fordham @ Bucknell (another Friday game)
11/22 Lafayette vs. Lehigh - 150

I'm between 150 and Lafayette @ Fordham

citdog
June 8th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Fordham highly overrated? I don't think so... they were probably ranked where they should have been last year. There are very few teams in FCS or FBS that won't fall through the floor if their starting QB is injured. Top 5? Probably not... Top 10? Yeah, likely.

Temple is still an FBS team... after beating Amry in October, Temple was in every game and nearly won every one... including a dramatic game against #15 UCF and Blake Bortles, who went on to trounce Baylor. So, Temple is not exactly a cream-puff...

The Rams would place no better than 3rd in ANY of the good conferences. That may be good enough to get them an at large. If a 2-10 team from the aac isn't a cream puff..........just WHO the HELL is?

Pard4Life
June 8th, 2014, 06:39 PM
The Rams would place no better than 3rd in ANY of the good conferences. That may be good enough to get them an at large. If a 2-10 team from the aac isn't a cream puff..........just WHO the HELL is?

Fordham could place top 3 in the CAA. No BCS team is a cream puff. At worst, your awful FBS team is on par with the best FCS team... unless it's North Dakota State or some 'super' FCS teams that come through every few years. Though of FBS teams, Army is probably the most FCS-caliber. Stony Brook ripped them apart two years ago... watched the whole game.. not really close.

citdog
June 8th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Fordham could place top 3 in the CAA. No BCS team is a cream puff. At worst, your awful FBS team is on par with the best FCS team... unless it's North Dakota State or some 'super' FCS teams that come through every few years. Though of FBS teams, Army is probably the most FCS-caliber. Stony Brook ripped them apart two years ago... watched the whole game.. not really close.

1. Perhaps top 3 in the Big South.
2. The Best of the FCS has PROVEN they are better than mediocre FBS. Do you even pay attention?

carney2
June 9th, 2014, 03:11 PM
My nominees for Patriot League game of the year:

9/6 Fordham @ Villanova
9/13 Lehigh @ UNH
10/3 Lafayette @ Fordham
11/1 Lafayette @ Bucknell
11/7 Fordham @ Bucknell (another Friday game)
11/22 Lafayette vs. Lehigh - 150

I'm between 150 and Lafayette @ Fordham

I don't understand your inclusion of the two Bucknell games. My list:

9/6 Fordham @ Villanova - Played with the CAA big kids last year; need to do it again or fall in stature
9/13 Lehigh @ New Hampshire - Anything better than a blowout is a good sign for the Squawks
10/3 Lafayette @ Fordham - Some say this is for the trophy.
10/11 Princeton @ Colgate - If the 'gaters are in the hunt they need to show it here
11/22 Fordham @ Army - Dispatching another FBS foe would be good for the League
11/22 Lehigh @ Lafayette (150) - No TV sets on in Des Moines, but great for the League

Go Lehigh TU Owl
June 9th, 2014, 04:51 PM
9/6 Fordham @ Villanova/JMU @ Lehigh - two huge, winnable OOC games for the league
9/19 Holy Cross @ Harvard - Crusaders can make an early statement....
10/3 Lafayette @ Fordham - Fordham will have revenge on their mind, should set the early league race
10/25 Fordham @ Lehigh - The Rams have never won at Goodman....
11/8 Lafayette @ Colgate - PL hopes and dreams die in Hamilton....
11/15 Holy Cross @ Bucknell - The Bison COULD be in the race...
11/22 Lehigh vs Lafayette - hopefully the game will mean more than bragging rights...

bison137
June 9th, 2014, 06:34 PM
I don't understand your inclusion of the two Bucknell games.

If Bucknell gets average QB play, they could end up as one of the top couple teams in the PL.

Model Citizen
June 9th, 2014, 08:38 PM
11/22 Lehigh @ Lafayette (150) - No TV sets on in Des Moines, but great for the League

They'll be on. But just like in PA, they'll be watching Big Ten football.

Lehigh'98
June 9th, 2014, 09:47 PM
I'm not sure if Lehigh's CAA games are winnable this coming year wout a definitive starting QB and all the coaching changes. I bet JMU will be -6.5 favorites. UNH probably -13 at the moment.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
June 9th, 2014, 11:18 PM
A 6.5 point spread would suggest that Lehigh is capable of playing with and potentially beating JMU imo. Lehigh catches JMU at the right time. The Dukes experienced more change than the Mountain Hawks and the teams are coming off of relatively equal seasons imo.

If Lehigh keeps it within 17 points against UNH I'd be pretty happy. I think UNH will be one of the very best teams in the country. Lehigh has to travel to Durham where the Wildcats will be waiting for payback.

I'll be a bit disappointed if Lehigh fails to beat either JMU or Fordham. I WILL be disappointed if Lehigh loses to those two plus Lafayette. There's a lot of talent on the roster and I really like the look of the coaching staff. Getting Botts back as DC will prove to be huge. This season will have some ups and downs but there should be a level of expectation imo....

DFW HOYA
June 10th, 2014, 07:37 AM
If Bucknell gets average QB play, they could end up as one of the top couple teams in the PL.

Six of the seven PL teams could probably make that case--certainly, the HC fans have high hopes for Pujals.

RichH2
June 10th, 2014, 07:48 AM
QB and Botts are the keys. Matt or Nick must step up and Folmar must get his O in sync.
D has been moved to an aggressive attacking D rather than the passive protect D used the last few years. Talent,albeit young,on both sides of the ball. Andy has to mesh all the new coaches and players.

Tough early season w JMU,UNH,Yale and Fordham. A split would be great but 1-3 is more likely. Unlike prior yrs,there are very few sure Ws. A winning season,beating Pards are the goals.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 10th, 2014, 09:09 AM
They'll be on. But just like in PA, they'll be watching Big Ten football.

Penn State at Illinois and Rutgers at Michigan State! Set your DVRs! xlolx

#Rivalry150 might outdraw both.

PAllen
June 10th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Win 150. That's what matters. A winning season? Playoffs? all would be nice, but 150 is the one that really matters this year.

Bogus Megapardus
June 10th, 2014, 11:45 AM

Combined. xnodx

DFW HOYA
June 10th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Penn State at Illinois and Rutgers at Michigan State! Set your DVRs! xlolx

Penn State at UIUC drew 46,734 in 2012. Rutgers-Michigan State will top 65,000 because Spartan fans show up regardless.

Bogus Megapardus
June 10th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Penn State at UIUC drew 46,734 in 2012. Rutgers-Michigan State will top 65,000 because Spartan fans show up regardless.

We'll triple that. With enough to spare for a season's worth of attendance at MSF. :) xrotatehx xnodx

Plus our fans each count a two because they're just so much better than anybody else's. So that's . . . umm . . . well, you do the math.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
June 10th, 2014, 01:10 PM
QB and Botts are the keys. Matt or Nick must step up and Folmar must get his O in sync.
D has been moved to an aggressive attacking D rather than the passive protect D used the last few years. Talent,albeit young,on both sides of the ball. Andy has to mesh all the new coaches and players.

Tough early season w JMU,UNH,Yale and Fordham. A split would be great but 1-3 is more likely. Unlike prior yrs,there are very few sure Ws. A winning season,beating Pards are the goals.

Lehigh does not play the Rams until October 25th. Monmouth is the 4th game of the year. The Yale game might be the most important game on the schedule. While I believe Lehigh has a good chance to beat JMU, I fully understand that the Dukes are the betting favorite which means a likely 0-2 start. If Lehigh can turn the tide at the Yale Bowl then I think there's a good chance they can build some momentum heading into the Fordham game. The goal should be to get out of September 2-2 or better. Monmouth, (bye 10/4), Bucknell and @ Cornell are games Lehigh will likely be the favorite. The Bison will be solid. However, I can't see a repeat of last years debacle at Goodman. Especially with two weeks to prepare....

It's a good thing that Yale is the 3rd game of the season (IL opener) and not Princeton. The schedule is rather fair the last 2/3 of the season. Getting JMU, Fordham, Colgate at home and LC on a neutral site is nice. Georgetown after Fordham is a nice recovery game too. The trip to HC is the only "sneaky" game on the slate imo.

Just be glad Lehigh doesn't face Colgate's schedule; @ Ball State, @ Delaware, Princeton, @ Yale, @ Albany, @ Fordham, @ Lehigh, @ Bucknell......

Bogus Megapardus
June 10th, 2014, 01:28 PM
My guess is that L-L #150 won't even make the AGS game of the week. Has it ever?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
June 10th, 2014, 01:36 PM
My guess is that L-L #150 won't even make the AGS game of the week. Has it ever?

I'm pretty sure it made TSN's game of the week in 2004 or 2005. The AGS "GOTW" has only been around the last few years. Prior to last year, the match-ups have meant very little going back to 2006....

Bogus Megapardus
June 10th, 2014, 01:41 PM
I'm pretty sure it made TSN's game of the week in 2004 or 2005. The AGS "GOTW" has only been around the last few years. Prior to last year, the match-ups have met very little going back to 2006....

The four FCS rivalries that matter all are played that day: Lafayette/Lehigh, New Hampshire/Maine, Richmond/W&M and Harvard/Yale. Maybe this year we'll get noticed.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 10th, 2014, 01:44 PM
The four FCS rivalries that matter all are played that day: Lafayette/Lehigh, New Hampshire/Maine, Richmond/W&M and Harvard/Yale. Maybe this year we'll get noticed.

It was only recently that it became a competitive game... ;)

Go Lehigh TU Owl
June 10th, 2014, 01:48 PM

Bucknell's schedule sets up great! The Bison have a realistic chance to enter the Lehigh game 5-0 imo. Getting 3 out of the final four games at home (Lafayette, Fordham and Colgate) could prove to be the difference. I circled their trip to Worcester November 15th as the potential sleeper game of the year in the league....

Bison schedule, how do they not go 7-4/8-3?
VMI
@ Marist
Bye
@ Sacred Heart
Cornell
@ Bryant
@ Lehigh
@ Georgetown
Lafayette
Fordham
@ Holy Cross
Colgate

Go Lehigh TU Owl
June 10th, 2014, 01:54 PM

....and The Brawl xsmiley_wix

Bogus Megapardus
June 10th, 2014, 02:23 PM
It was only recently that it became a competitive game... ;)

True, true. And perhaps by the time #200 rolls around, you guys might get a little closer to catching up; perhaps not. But for now, the history shows that the Pards remain ahead by a good stretch and that Lehigh has never led in the series. Ever. Not once. No ties.

DFW HOYA
June 10th, 2014, 02:45 PM

HC/Colgate should be in that conversation, as should VMI/Citadel...if they all still played on Week 12.

citdog
June 10th, 2014, 08:59 PM

The Citadel vs VMI and The Citadel vs vermin both eclipse ANY of the four you mentioned.

Bogus Megapardus
June 10th, 2014, 11:02 PM
The Citadel vs VMI and The Citadel vs vermin both eclipse ANY of the four you mentioned.

The notion of the periodic cycle of eclipse was rationalized and encycled long ago in the colony of West Jersey. You southerners still believe that voodoo makes the sun rise and the earth shake.

LeopardBall10
June 11th, 2014, 07:15 AM
Bucknell's schedule sets up great! ...how do they not go 7-4/8-3?
VMI
@ Marist
Bye
@ Sacred Heart
Cornell
@ Bryant
@ Lehigh
@ Georgetown
Lafayette
Fordham
@ Holy Cross
Colgate
Well, Sacred Heart was a hell of a team that made the playoffs last year. Big backs and a similar offense to the 'Gate. Marist is hardly the guaranteed W of old, not that I wouldn't love to see the Red Foxes on the Leopards schedule. And I will be interested to see if Cornell can stay (slightly) relevant while breaking in a new QB. I don't think that 7-4 is impossible for the Bison by any stretch, but 5-0 going into the game at Badman?

Fordham
June 11th, 2014, 08:02 AM
Well, Sacred Heart was a hell of a team that made the playoffs last year. Big backs and a similar offense to the 'Gate. Marist is hardly the guaranteed W of old, not that I wouldn't love to see the Red Foxes on the Leopards schedule. And I will be interested to see if Cornell can stay (slightly) relevant while breaking in a new QB. I don't think that 7-4 is impossible for the Bison by any stretch, but 5-0 going into the game at Badman?

Sacred Heart has the closest thing to Earl Campbell I've ever seen at the FCS level. If he wasn't steamrolling over our guys in our playoff win against them, I'd call him my favorite RB to watch play. Kid is an absolute beast and tough as nails.

Does anyone know how their OL is supposed to be? They were pretty big too but I don't remember how many they lost to graduation

blackbeard
June 11th, 2014, 09:51 AM
Sacred Heart has the closest thing to Earl Campbell I've ever seen at the FCS level. If he wasn't steamrolling over our guys in our playoff win against them, I'd call him my favorite RB to watch play. Kid is an absolute beast and tough as nails.

Does anyone know how their OL is supposed to be? They were pretty big too but I don't remember how many they lost to graduation

SHU lost 1 OL to graduation and 4 starters total, 18 returning starters for 2014. Look for Spence to have a bigger season than last year, he works really hard at it, pretty good for a kid who played DL in high school. Expectation are very high for this team.

PAllen
June 11th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Bucknell's schedule sets up great! The Bison have a realistic chance to enter the Lehigh game 5-0 imo. Getting 3 out of the final four games at home (Lafayette, Fordham and Colgate) could prove to be the difference. I circled their trip to Worcester November 15th as the potential sleeper game of the year in the league....

Bison schedule, how do they not go 7-4/8-3?

Because well, it's Bucknell.

Lehigh'98
June 11th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Someone said it on here once and I forget who, but betting against the Patriot League in the first few weeks is a sure fire way to make some money. Sans Lehigh of course (though this year they may fit the bill)

Fordham
June 12th, 2014, 08:52 AM
ha! That was me, '98.

No one ever went broke betting against the league in the first few OOC games of the year. That was pre-scholly, though. Hoping to pocket some coin before the money starts to move on that one.

RichH2
June 12th, 2014, 09:20 AM
:) OOC has been a good bet vs PL teams, when playing FBS,full schollie FCS and top IL.Less so now but 2 classes of schollies not going to make major impact. Once we have 3 I expect the odds to even out. Above does not apply to Fordham or Hoyas for obvious reasons :)

Lehigh Football Nation
June 12th, 2014, 09:23 AM
This line of talk is odd considering Fordham beat Villanova last year and Lehigh beat UNH last year (though both as home games).

RichH2
June 12th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Upsets most every year does not make betting with PL vs OOC an overall good bet.Odds are you will lose more than you win. Altho, this year we may cover the points more often.

Bill
June 12th, 2014, 10:17 AM

Interesting...I did not see that kid last year...but if I was starting an Earl Campbell category, I'd put West in it from Towson last year. He was very special!

Pard4Life
June 12th, 2014, 01:34 PM
True, true. And perhaps by the time #200 rolls around, you guys might get a little closer to catching up; perhaps not. But for now, the history shows that the Pards remain ahead by a good stretch and that Lehigh has never led in the series. Ever. Not once. No ties.

Well, actually Bogie...

http://www.accountingweb.co.uk/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/images/nerd2.jpg

Lehigh led Lafayette in the series from 1891 through 1898. We have been in the lead since 1899, so the late 19th century.

Pard4Life
June 12th, 2014, 01:38 PM

No, because the homers and partisans of App. State, NDSU, and Montana, or all of the members of their conferences vote for their team or power teams in the weekly games. It's simply a popularity contest... they have more... even though this will be the first FCS game in a bowl-type atmosphere since... Harvard-Yale 100 if that counts... (Yale is a bowl)..

Frankly, I think the Patriot, once we get our schollies in order, will surpass the SoCon in the power category.

2ram
June 12th, 2014, 01:42 PM
No, because the homers and partisans of App. State, NDSU, and Montana, or all of the members of their conferences vote for their team or power teams in the weekly games. It's simply a popularity contest... they have more... even though this will be the first FCS game in a bowl-type atmosphere since... Harvard-Yale 100 if that counts... (Yale is a bowl)..

Frankly, I think the Patriot, once we get our schollies in order, will surpass the SoCon in the power category.

agreed, most of the PL facilities are upper 1/2 in FCS, coupled with scholarships and academics, the PL is a conference on the rise.

citdog
June 12th, 2014, 02:02 PM

Frankly I think you are nucking futs. NO game played by the pasty league is EVER a bigger game than those played by those of us in good conferences.

RichH2
June 12th, 2014, 02:03 PM
agreed, most of the PL facilities are upper 1/2 in FCS, coupled with scholarships and academics, the PL is a conference on the rise.
+1

citdog
June 12th, 2014, 02:03 PM

georgetown xlolx

Bogus Megapardus
June 12th, 2014, 02:13 PM
georgetown xlolx

True. But other PL facilities amend for that. It's hard to beat this at any small college of less than 2,500 students:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/lafa/sports/m-footbl/auto_player/2943908.jpeg

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/admin/wp-content/gallery/lafayette-leopards-fisher-stadium/fisher-stadium.jpg

http://www.chacompanies.com/images/projects/Lafayette1_resize.jpg

I could be way off base here, of course, but some seem to think that these kinds of facilities cast the the PL in a positive light.

2ram
June 12th, 2014, 03:12 PM
georgetown xlolx

georgetown would be the barrels' bottom in terms of football field, probably in any conference... but the coming soon j.r. thompson athletic center is going to be a top notch training/sports facility.

also, georgetowns academic profile blows the doors off anything the rest of you can pony up. if a kid wants a top notch school in a great city, he's picking this loooong before ndsu... or any other school with alums that are still living in 1860 ;)

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRz8-7BC_b_vYrNm1iTUDaDkqZdoGp7jzcVtLGRryogn_ubPedi (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tailgatershandbook. com%2FImages%2FL%252520Images%2FLehigh%2Fleh-4-3.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tailgatershandbook.com% 2Fselectorpages%2FLcolleges%2FLehigh%2FLehStAdium. html&h=485&w=700&tbnid=AUA2LX1k1XSefM%3A&zoom=1&docid=RNSEEmPqJAWGKM&ei=KQqaU4q6CouksQTs_oHoBA&tbm=isch&ved=0CFMQMygxMDE&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=283&page=2&start=26&ndsp=35)

lehigh's MHG stadium is top notch too.

Bogus Megapardus
June 12th, 2014, 03:19 PM
Here's a composite of all the (non-Georgetown) Patriot League football stadia. None of them suck even a little bit.

http://i60.tinypic.com/295tpmo.jpg

For Georgetown fans, please feel free to use this picture as a "reminder" to your athletic administrators. xrolleyesx

Bogus Megapardus
June 12th, 2014, 03:33 PM
Question to Fordham fans - what will be the total capacity of Jack Coffey if portable endzone and visitor's side bleachers are added, as has been rumored?

Bogus Megapardus
June 12th, 2014, 03:53 PM
Frankly I think you are nucking futs. NO game played by the pasty league is EVER a bigger game than those played by those of us in good conferences.

I have no idea if Lafayette College could beat, or even be competitive with, The Citadel. But I'd sure like to see it, especially at our place.

If the Humble Little Pards were to win that one, would it be a "bigger game?"

citdog
June 12th, 2014, 05:23 PM
True. But other PL facilities amend for that. It's hard to beat this at any small college of less than 2,500 students:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/lafa/sports/m-footbl/auto_player/2943908.jpeg

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/admin/wp-content/gallery/lafayette-leopards-fisher-stadium/fisher-stadium.jpg

http://www.chacompanies.com/images/projects/Lafayette1_resize.jpg

I could be way off base here, of course, but some seem to think that these kinds of facilities cast the the PL in a positive light.

I can post three from the SoCon better with that amount of students.

citdog
June 12th, 2014, 05:24 PM
I have no idea if Lafayette College could beat, or even be competitive with, The Citadel. But I'd sure like to see it, especially at our place.

If the Humble Little Pards were to win that one, would it be a "bigger game?"

I'd shake hands with sherman if y'all beat us.

Sader87
June 12th, 2014, 05:53 PM
Ummm...when did The Citadel become this football powerhouse either today or historically?

Missed that memo.

RichH2
June 12th, 2014, 06:24 PM
You'll have to pardon citdog.He's great on facts from his youth,the 1860s, quite fuzzy on anything more recent.:)

Bogus Megapardus
June 12th, 2014, 06:39 PM
I can post three from the SoCon better with that amount of students.

OK. I'll wait right here, then.

Will you be posting all three at once, or separately?

EDIT - only Wofford would qualify, of course. Though Gibbs Stadium seats just a little more than half of what Fisher Field seats, Gibbs is a fine facility, nonetheless.

Bogus Megapardus
June 12th, 2014, 06:46 PM
You'll have to pardon citdog. He's great on facts from his youth, the 1860s, quite fuzzy on anything more recent. :)

I regard citdog as a noble adversary. A pettifogger, perhaps, and prone to puffery, but indefatigable.

I'll say this, however - were Lafayette College to engage The Citadel in a battle of wits, I'm afraid that citdog would arrive at the contest rather sparsely armed. He'll need some reinforcements behind the lines.

Lehigh'98
June 12th, 2014, 07:28 PM
ha! That was me, '98.

No one ever went broke betting against the league in the first few OOC games of the year. That was pre-scholly, though. Hoping to pocket some coin before the money starts to move on that one.

Nice, I knew it was one of us PL guys. Very wise strategy Mr. Fordham!!

Pard4Life
June 12th, 2014, 08:11 PM

xeyebrowx xblahx

Pard4Life
June 12th, 2014, 08:13 PM
georgetown xlolx

I guess every conference has their Western Carolina.

Pard4Life
June 12th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Here's a composite of all the (non-Georgetown) Patriot League football stadia. None of them suck even a little bit.

http://i60.tinypic.com/295tpmo.jpg

For Georgetown fans, please feel free to use this picture as a "reminder" to your athletic administrators. xrolleyesx

Bogie, you are too kind... Lehigh is a garbage dump... we all know that.

Go...gate
June 12th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Would like to see Colgate and The Citadel play again. We had a home and home in 1973 and 1975, if memory serves me correctly.

Bogus Megapardus
June 12th, 2014, 09:55 PM
Bogie, you are too kind... Lehigh is a garbage dump... we all know that.

I thought that the composite pic, in one simple, transportable image, might helpful to our dear friends of the Hoya ilk. Plus you can't really smell the Lehigh part of the graphic (unless your get your nose really close to the screen).

citdog
June 13th, 2014, 02:28 AM
OK. I'll wait right here, then.

Will you be posting all three at once, or separately?

EDIT - only Wofford would qualify, of course. Though Gibbs Stadium seats just a little more than half of what Fisher Field seats, Gibbs is a fine facility, nonetheless.

The Citadel
General Johnson Hagood, CSA, Stadium
Cap 21,000 South Carolina Corps of Cadets 2,100 strong

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-betmeTBNb30/UiHjkVyx12I/AAAAAAAADuY/YHc_aqplRGk/s1600/DSC_6211-Edit.jpg

Paladin Stadium

http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/admin/wp-content/gallery/furman-paladins-paladin-stadium/Paladin-Stadium-4.jpg

Gibbs Stadium
Woffy

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/Gibbs_Stadium.jpg

citdog
June 13th, 2014, 02:30 AM
I guess every conference has their Western Carolina.

WCU would be the best team in the patsy league and it wouldn't even be CLOSE.

citdog
June 13th, 2014, 02:31 AM
xeyebrowx xblahx

The truth is sometimes uncomfortable.

RichH2
June 13th, 2014, 06:07 AM
The truth is sometimes uncomfortable.

Yup,but your boasting is merely opinion. Not uncomfortable just amusing. W.Carolina-Hoya matchup would be fairly even. Not truth just my opinion. :)

2ram
June 13th, 2014, 09:24 AM
WCU would be the best team in the patsy league and it wouldn't even be CLOSE.

that must be some really, really good ***** you're smoking.

Sader87
June 13th, 2014, 09:35 AM
The non-scholarship PL was significantly weaker than the SoCon overall, particularly a SoCon with App St and Ga. Southern.

With the addition of scholarships to the PL and those two schools going FBS from the SoCon, the leagues are much more on equal footing with the PL probably having a higher ceiling than the SoCon to an extent.

citdog
June 13th, 2014, 09:58 AM
The non-scholarship PL was significantly weaker than the SoCon overall, particularly a SoCon with App St and Ga. Southern.

With the addition of scholarships to the PL and those two schools going FBS from the SoCon, the leagues are much more on equal footing with the PL probably having a higher ceiling than the SoCon to an extent.

There is just no reasoning with the kind of group madness that y'all suffer from. You honestly believe that the patsy league is a tough conference. The rest of the country knows better.

PAllen
June 13th, 2014, 10:01 AM
What is the PL's all time record against the SoCon? I know Lehigh pasted Wofford a couple of times in the regular season before being literally run over by Furman's Ivory in the playoffs. Any other matchups on the books?

PAllen
June 13th, 2014, 10:06 AM
The Citadel
General Johnson Hagood, CSA, Stadium
Cap 21,000 South Carolina Corps of Cadets 2,100 strong

Paladin Stadium

Gibbs Stadium
Woffy

That's one better (JHS), One that might be on par, but probably a bit below Lafayette's upgraded Fisher (though that might change with the new upgrades to Paladin), and one that has already been discussed as nice, but much smaller.

So, you still owe us one or two more Cit.

UAalum72
June 13th, 2014, 10:24 AM
What is the PL's all time record against the SoCon? I know Lehigh pasted Wofford a couple of times in the regular season before being literally run over by Furman's Ivory in the playoffs. Any other matchups on the books?
Per the College Football Data Warehouse, the Patriot is 10-14 vs. the SoCon
http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/patriot/vs_conf_byteam.php?confid=180 - SoCon records vs. Patriot

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/patriot/vs_conf_byteam2.php?confid=180 - Patriot records vs. SoCon

DFW HOYA
June 13th, 2014, 10:28 AM

Georgetown is 2-0 against current SoCon teams, but those wins came in 1924 and 1926, respectively.

CFB Data Warehouse does not measure games former SoCon teams (of which there are many). How have the conferences fared since the 1978 I-A/AA split?

Lehigh Football Nation
June 13th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Lafayette was a horrible "offsides-on-an-onsides-kick"-call away from upsetting App State on the Mountain in their first FCS championship year, implying that Lafayette that season was pretty close to FCS championship-caliber.

2005:
App State 45, The Citadel 13 @ the home of the refrigerator
App State 34, Lafayette 23 @ Boone

RichH2
June 13th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Aww,citdog,no one is saying PL is a power FCS conference. Just noting that SoCon no longer is one.:)

Lehigh'98
June 13th, 2014, 11:25 AM
In 1998, we beat Wofford 26-0, then came up 6 yds short vs UMass on their turf in the playoffs after beating Richmond (Yankee champs). UMass went on to pummel GaSouthern for the title. Pretty sure we coulda handled The Citadel or WCU that year. Glory days, dananana

Bogus Megapardus
June 13th, 2014, 11:27 AM
No one here ever has so much as suggested that the PL is some sort of "power conference." I mean, really, we call ourselves "patsies." The only point here was that the PL schools have some very nice places to play football.

2ram
June 13th, 2014, 12:52 PM
http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/patriot/vs_conf_byteam.php?confid=180 - SoCon records vs. Patriot

http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/patriot/vs_conf_byteam2.php?confid=180 - Patriot records vs. SoCon

fordham isn't included in those stats. not sure we've ever played a socon team... then again, we don't play 2nd rate schools :)

DFW HOYA
June 13th, 2014, 01:18 PM
fordham isn't included in those stats. not sure we've ever played a socon team...

The all-time SoCon roster is a "who's who" of southern football. Interestingly enough, only George Washington permanently dropped the sport.

GW would make a great PL school for a football rivalry with...but that's another topic.

Alabama
Appalachian St.
Auburn
Clemson
Davidson
Duke
East Carolina
East Tennessee St
Elon
Florida
Furman
George Washington
Georgia
Georgia Southern
Georgia Tech
Kentucky
Louisiana St.
Marshall
Maryland
Mississippi
Mississippi St.
North Carolina
North Carolina St.
Richmond
Samford
Sewanee
South Carolina
Tennessee
Tennessee-Chattanooga
The Citadel
Tulane
Vanderbilt
Virginia
Virginia Military Institute
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
Washington & Lee
West Virginia
Western Carolina
William & Mary
Wofford

UAalum72
June 13th, 2014, 01:18 PM
fordham isn't included in those stats. not sure we've ever played a socon team... then again, we don't play 2nd rate schools :)

Fordham split a pair with Davidson in the 1970s when they were in the SoCon, but of course Fordham wasn't in the Patriot then.

citdog
June 13th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Lafayette was a horrible "offsides-on-an-onsides-kick"-call away from upsetting App State on the Mountain in their first FCS championship year, implying that Lafayette that season was pretty close to FCS championship-caliber.

2005:
App State 45, The Citadel 13 @ the home of the refrigerator
App State 34, Lafayette 23 @ Boone

52-28

Bogus Megapardus
June 13th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Lafayette has played a number of southern schools - VMI (0-1), Richmond (3-0), Davidson (11-4), Virginia (1-2), William & Mary (1-1), Appalachian State (0-1) and James Madison (2-0). We've never faced Wofford, Furman or The Citadel. Our head coach did send his son, Dan Tavani, to Wofford, though - a fine institution.

Those in the Ivy League consider Penn to be a "southern school" (or a midwestern school, depending on the perspective). If Penn counts, we've played them a whole bunch of times. :p

citdog
June 13th, 2014, 01:24 PM
The SoCon roster is a "who's who" of southern football. Interestingly enough, only one dropped the sport (George Washington).

Alabama
Appalachian St.
Auburn
Clemson
Davidson
Duke
East Carolina
Florida
Furman
George Washington
Georgia
Georgia Southern
Georgia Tech
Kentucky
Louisiana St.
Marshall
Maryland
Mississippi
Mississippi St.
North Carolina
North Carolina St.
Richmond
Samford
Sewanee
South Carolina
Tennessee
Tennessee-Chattanooga
The Citadel
Tulane
Vanderbilt
Virginia
Virginia Military Institute
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
Washington & Lee
West Virginia
Western Carolina
William & Mary
Wofford

You yankeescum need to look at that list and realize that we have suffered losses of schools before that make the pigs ass, ga and the ned beatty rapers leaving seem insignificant. vermin, woffy, chatty, samford and The Citadel are not a bad big 5 going forward and all 5 are tougher than anyone you have.

citdog
June 13th, 2014, 01:26 PM
fordham isn't included in those stats. not sure we've ever played a socon team... then again, we don't play schools out of conference that we would lose to by 5 touchdowns.

accuracy, my yankee friend, is ESSENTIAL to liberty.

citdog
June 13th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Aww,citdog,no one is saying PL is a power FCS conference. Just noting that SoCon no longer is one.:)

We'll get three teams in the playoffs this year and you'll get only one for the next 35 years.

Bogus Megapardus
June 13th, 2014, 01:33 PM
The all-time SoCon roster is a "who's who" of southern football. Interestingly enough, only George Washington permanently dropped the sport.

It seems that the roster of teams that have left the SoCon is far more celebrated than those which remain. xrolleyesx

GW would make a great PL school for a football rivalry with...but that's another topic.

Perhaps GW could play football at the new D.C. United Stadium. George and the Colonials would be an awesome addition to the PL. If that happened, Georgetown finally would be embarrassed into finishing MSF.

citdog
June 13th, 2014, 01:35 PM
It seems that the roster of teams that have left the SoCon is far more celebrated than those which remain..

which is why we never fret about those that leave. SOMEHOW we have managed to survive.

Bogus Megapardus
June 13th, 2014, 01:38 PM
We'll get three teams in the playoffs this year and you'll get only one for the next 35 years.

We'll hold you to that one, citdog. If you're right, I'll shake the hand of Genl Nathan Bedford Forrest (and wash thoroughly afterwards).

citdog
June 13th, 2014, 01:39 PM
We'll hold you to that one, citdog. If you're right, I'll shake the hand of Genl Nathan Bedford Forrest (and wash thoroughly afterwards).

The George S. Patton of the late unpleasantness. Not sure why you would want to wash though. He was the 'Wizard of the Saddle'.

2ram
June 13th, 2014, 01:40 PM

bad logic, my yankee friend, is ESSENTIAL to failure.

quite right, citdog. that's why the army of northern virginia, is a union army.

citdog
June 13th, 2014, 01:42 PM
quite right, citdog. that's why the army of northern virginia, is a union army.

Not when I led the gallant boys it wasn't.

Bogus Megapardus
June 13th, 2014, 01:54 PM
A bit dated, but interesting:

What Ever Happened to Colonial Football? (http://www.gwhatchet.com/2002/08/25/what-ever-happened-to-colonial-football/)

Also:

Give GW a football team (http://www.gwhatchet.com/2008/11/17/lucas-hagerty-give-gw-a-football-team/)

Why having a football team would spell scandal (http://www.gwhatchet.com/2013/09/23/marsden-college-football/)

And:

Football fiasco: No team is fine by me (http://www.gwhatchet.com/2007/09/06/ross-romano-football-fiasco-no-team-is-fine-by-me/), in which the GW student author takes a particularly ugly swipe at Georgetown.

Ramblin' Man
June 13th, 2014, 01:56 PM
The George S. Patton of the late unpleasantness. Not sure why you would want to wash though. He was the 'Wizard of the Saddle'.

And a truly "honorable" commander, especially where (Fort Pillow) black soldiers attempting to surrender were concerned.

Why do you even post in this Patriot League thread, given your obvious distain for the league (and also for any unpleasant truths about the Confederacy during the War of the Rebellion).

jimbo65
June 13th, 2014, 02:44 PM
And a truly "honorable" commander, especially where (Fort Pillow) black soldiers attempting to surrender were concerned.

Why do you even post in this Patriot League thread, given your obvious distain for the league (and also for any unpleasant truths about the Confederacy during the War of the Rebellion).

From Wikipedia The Battle of Fort Pillow, also known as the Fort Pillow Massacre, was fought on April 12, 1864, at Fort Pillow (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Fort_Pillow) on the Mississippi River (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Mississippi_River) in Henning, Tennessee (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Henning,_Tennessee), during the American Civil War (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/American_Civil_War). The battle ended with a massacre (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Massacre) of Federal (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Union_Army) black troops, some while attempting to surrender, by soldiers under the command of Confederate (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Confederate_States_Army) Major General (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Major_General_(CSA)) Nathan Bedford Forrest (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Nathan_Bedford_Forrest). Military historian David J. Eicher concluded, "Fort Pillow marked one of the bleakest, saddest events of American military history."[1] (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/#cite_note-Eicher657-1) forrest was also a founder of the KKK, what a surprise.

Bogus Megapardus
June 13th, 2014, 03:10 PM
I suppose I started it with the reference to Genl Nathan Bedford Forrest, but let's try to steer clear of a discussion of racism here - if that's OK with everyone. :)

(We can pick on Lehigh instead.)

citdog
June 13th, 2014, 03:49 PM
From Wikipedia The Battle of Fort Pillow, also known as the Fort Pillow Massacre, was fought on April 12, 1864, at Fort Pillow (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Fort_Pillow) on the Mississippi River (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Mississippi_River) in Henning, Tennessee (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Henning,_Tennessee), during the American Civil War (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/American_Civil_War). The battle ended with a massacre (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Massacre) of Federal (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Union_Army) black troops, some while attempting to surrender, by soldiers under the command of Confederate (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Confederate_States_Army) Major General (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Major_General_(CSA)) Nathan Bedford Forrest (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Nathan_Bedford_Forrest). Military historian David J. Eicher concluded, "Fort Pillow marked one of the bleakest, saddest events of American military history."[1] (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/#cite_note-Eicher657-1) forrest was also a founder of the KKK, what a surprise.

What the wikipedia doesn't tell you is that Genl Forrest asked for and was denied the surrender of the untenable fort before attacking it. The union soldiers also shouted "NO QUARTER" and seemed to be surprised that they got what they asked for. Genl Forrest also took 168 prisoners at the Fort.

Forrest sent a note demanding surrender: "I now demanding unconditional surrender of your forces, at the same time assuring you that you will be treated as prisoners of war.... I have received a new supply of ammunition and can take your works by assault, and if compelled to do so you must take the consequences." Bradford replied, concealing his identity as he did not wish the Confederates to realize that Booth had been killed, requesting an hour for consideration. Forrest, who believed that reinforcing troops would soon arrive by river, replied that he would only allow 20 minutes, and that "If at the expiration of that time the fort is not surrendered, I shall assault it." Braddford's final reply was, "I will not surrender."

RichH2
June 13th, 2014, 04:24 PM
Can we please leave the horrors and brutality of that war for some other venue. Sports,food,girls,anything we can amicably argue about.

van
June 13th, 2014, 05:17 PM
Can we please leave the horrors and brutality of that war for some other venue. Sports,food,girls,anything we can amicably argue about.

Girls? I know how old you are Rick, girls? Really?

Sader87
June 13th, 2014, 05:27 PM
He meant broads or chicks....sorry, we've only been co-ed for about 40 years.

RichH2
June 13th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Girls? I know how old you are Rick, girls? Really?

Cant chase'em anymore (IF W didn'tkill me chase would ) but I can argue about'em.:)

citdog
June 13th, 2014, 05:39 PM

Could not allow the slur against the honor of Genl Forrest to pass. Especially not from one who looks to wikipedia for answers to historical questions.

http://southernnationalist.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Forrest-Park-Statue-with-Child-Memphis.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
June 13th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Sports, food, girls, anything we can amicably argue about.

I know just the girl.

http://www.7msport.com/news/upload_img/20121004/Kate_Upton_1595099a_2012100412270874.jpg

Always looks fine in leopard print.

RichH2
June 13th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Ah,the lively Miss Upton. What a way to go :)

Bogus Megapardus
June 13th, 2014, 07:44 PM
Ah,the lively Miss Upton. What a way to go :)

While we abandoned her as our muse a couple of years ago (after a disastrous season), I'm inclined at this point to pick her up on waivers.

Doubt she would have made a difference vs. New Hampshire, though.

Bogus Megapardus
June 13th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Could not allow the slur against the honor of Genl Forrest to pass. Especially not from one who looks to wikipedia for answers to historical questions.

That statue was erected by the lawyer who defended James Earl Ray, Martin Luther King Jr.'s assassin. Let's put it to rest, already, OK?

citdog
June 13th, 2014, 08:07 PM
That statue was erected by the lawyer who defended James Earl Ray, Martin Luther King Jr.'s assassin. Let's put it to rest, already, OK?

Actually it was erected in 1904 by the United Daughters of the Confederacy.

RichH2
June 13th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Agree, shouldn't leave her in the wind. You got dibs. Dont use'em and she's a free agent :)

Sader87
June 13th, 2014, 08:27 PM

I like this statue bettah....."Houdini of the Hardwood"

Bogus Megapardus
June 15th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Happy Father's Day to all PL Dads! xsalutex

RichH2
June 15th, 2014, 01:42 PM
Thanks Bogie,you also and all the Pops,even P4L :)

Lehigh Football Nation
June 15th, 2014, 10:54 PM
I still maintain Katy Perry somehow has a Kate Upton-esque linkage to Lehigh.

http://cheeseontoast.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/perry-vf.jpg

Lehigh'98
June 16th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Katy Perry or a "W" in 150?

Bogus Megapardus
June 16th, 2014, 10:38 AM
I still maintain Katy Perry somehow has a Kate Upton-esque linkage to Lehigh.

A battle for cleavage supremacy at #150, perhaps? That might sell a few more tickets . . .

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/kate-upton-katy-perry-best-boobs-mardi-gras__oPt.jpg

Lehigh Football Nation
June 16th, 2014, 11:16 AM
A battle for cleavage supremacy at #150, perhaps? That might sell a few more tickets . . .

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/kate-upton-katy-perry-best-boobs-mardi-gras__oPt.jpg

This summarizes #Rivalry150 perfectly. I can't explain why, but please continue.

Bogus Megapardus
June 16th, 2014, 12:07 PM
This summarizes #Rivalry150 perfectly. I can't explain why, but please continue.

The idea is simple - Lafayette must convince Kate Upton to show up at the game and Lehigh must convince Katy Perry to show up. Then all the two of them have to do is stand there.

Wearing nothing but Lafayette and Lehigh body paint, of course. xcoolx

DFW HOYA
June 16th, 2014, 12:37 PM
The idea is simple - Lafayette must convince Kate Upton to show up at the game and Lehigh must convince Katy Perry to show up. Then all the two of them have to do is stand there.

As opposed to an actual undergraduate alumna, like actress Brit Marling (C'05):

https://alumni.georgetown.edu/Images/v2/NewsEvents/georgetown-in-photos-may-2013-05.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brit_Marling

jimbo65
June 16th, 2014, 01:13 PM
She is the best person to come out of Gtown, since, well since forever.

citdog
June 16th, 2014, 01:25 PM

https://alumni.georgetown.edu/Images/v2/NewsEvents/georgetown-in-photos-may-2013-05.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brit_Marling

perhaps she can donate some money to bring the msf to the single a high school level.

aceinthehole
June 16th, 2014, 03:13 PM
2013 Miss USA - Erin Brady (Central Connecticut State '10)

http://media5.9hill.com/erin-brady-is-miss-usa-2013-photos/2.jpg

http://www.ccsu.edu/uploaded/News/erin_commencement.jpg

RichH2
June 16th, 2014, 03:36 PM
I really like the new direction of this thread. :)

Bogus Megapardus
June 16th, 2014, 03:40 PM

That DFW HOYA is a crafty one. He knew I was lying in wait with a choice pic of a mustachioed Sandra Fluke (as Georgetown's muse of choice) once this thread got rolling. So he specifies an undergraduate alumna. Slick move from the Hoya side. xthumbsupx

EDIT - I see that Ms. Fluke attended Cornell as an undergrad (before heading to Georgetown Law). This does not bode well for my First Lady's alma mater. Still doesn't negate the fact that Keith Olbermann was her classmate, though . . .

Bogus Megapardus
June 16th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Do you think that the Brownie Bunch can convince alumna Andrea Tantaros to go full body paint? She'll likely be at the game anyhow. Fox News reporting . . . .

http://p1cdn01.thewrap.com/images/2013/10/Tantaros.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
June 16th, 2014, 04:11 PM
2013 Miss USA - Erin Brady (Central Connecticut State '10)

Ms. Brady certainly has some . . . ahh . . . "differentiating" musculature, does she not? But does she qualify as a PL muse?

ngineer
June 16th, 2014, 04:18 PM

Wearing nothing but Lafayette and Lehigh body paint, of course. xcoolx

Howabout one in each endzone so the PK's can "split the uprights"...(;-)

ngineer
June 16th, 2014, 04:21 PM

Probably because both schools are accused of beating their chests, regularly.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 17th, 2014, 09:00 AM
I think we should all get along and convince all three to attend #Rivalry150. It's the one thing I think we all can agree on.

Go...gate
June 17th, 2014, 06:39 PM
I really like the new direction of this thread. :)

Agree! We had a fine bikini thread back in the long ago.

- - - Updated - - -

Wearing nothing, of course. xcoolx

Fixed it for you..... :D

Bogus Megapardus
June 17th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Another Fox Newser - Fordham's Patti Ann Browne:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/3c/59/f3/3c59f3f1feade687dbf7b3dbdbc078d2.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
June 17th, 2014, 08:48 PM
. . . . and of course Lafayette's very own Fox News . . . umm . . . "reporter," Meg Baker:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2ywd6c8.jpg

http://govlaw.lafayette.edu/files/2009/11/Baker-Meghan.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
June 17th, 2014, 09:00 PM
How can we forget Colgate's Monica Crowley?

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2008-07-02-050208_monica03.widec.jpg

Sader87
June 17th, 2014, 09:08 PM
We've got Bill Simmons and Chris Matthews.....admittedly neither are as cute as the aforementioned examples.

Bogus Megapardus
June 17th, 2014, 09:16 PM
From Bucknell, CBS Sports/N.Y. Daily News Reporter Amanda Sidman:

http://www.bucknell.edu/Images/Depts/Communication/BMagazine/Spring2011/AmandaSidman08.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
June 17th, 2014, 09:18 PM
We've got Bill Simmons and Chris Matthews.....admittedly neither are as cute as the aforementioned examples.

Are you suggesting Tingles in body paint? This is a family-friendly board, Sader87. xsmhx

Bill
June 17th, 2014, 10:49 PM
It's certainly not news...but to this child of the MTV era, she was always a sight for sore eyes...Colgate, anyone?:

Bogus Megapardus
June 17th, 2014, 11:57 PM
It's certainly not news...but to this child of the MTV era, she was always a sight for sore eyes...Colgate, anyone?:

Martha Quinn was the Mary Ann to Nina Blackwood's Ginger.

Go...gate
June 18th, 2014, 02:02 AM
How can we forget Colgate's Monica Crowley?

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2008-07-02-050208_monica03.widec.jpg

Crowley seems to downplay her Colgate connection, however.

jimbo65
June 18th, 2014, 05:45 AM
Crowley seems to downplay her Colgate connection, however.
Can you blame her? xeyebrowx

DFW HOYA
June 18th, 2014, 07:10 AM

According to this link, she graduated from NYU, not Colgate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martha_Quinn

jimbo65
June 18th, 2014, 07:42 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martha_Quinn
No wonder she downplayed her "Colgate" roots.

colorless raider
June 18th, 2014, 07:48 AM
No wonder she downplayed her "Colgate" roots.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/personalities/monica-crowley/bio/#s=a-d

Bogus Megapardus
June 18th, 2014, 08:23 AM

. . . and the Hoya side is fact-checking, of course. Apparently Ms. Quinn attended Colgate before transferring to an easy school instead.

Clearly she brushes with Colgate, however. So that still counts.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/db988e5a7638c46c085853e76f618d79/tumblr_n5fd20UC3L1rq9djho8_400.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
June 18th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Also if Colgate gets Martha Quinn, then we get Lorene Scafaria as well.

http://1notion.com/images/945.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
June 19th, 2014, 10:51 AM
As opposed to an actual undergraduate alumna, like actress Brit Marling (C'05)

As much as The Committee respects and admires Ms. Martling, she is substantially overqualified for participation in the Cable NewsBabes of the Patriot League© contest. As an alternative The Committee would like to offer, as Georgetown's candidate, alumna Norah O'Donnell (C '95).

http://i59.tinypic.com/1z4yff9.jpg

Of course any and all additional nominations for Cable NewsBabes of the Patriot League© will be accepted and posted at once. Later I will the prepare a poll with the final selections and post it in the "AGS Lounge" for general voting with a link to the poll in this thread.

HOWEVER . . . and this pertains to you, Sader87 . . . The Committee still is without a viable Cable NewsBabes of the Patriot League© candidate from Holy Cross. Following an exhaustive analysis (including consultation with outside experts . . . top experts, mind you), The Committee has concluded that Chris Matthews is not a Cable NewsBabe. He is thus ineligible for participation in the contest (but for reasons much different than Brit Marling's disqualification). We urge the Crusaders to redouble their efforts to come up with a viable candidate for this important and timely endeavor.

citdog
June 19th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Chris Matthews is still trying to figure out what that 'tingle in his leg' is.

Bogus Megapardus
June 19th, 2014, 01:22 PM
The Cable NewsBabes of the Patriot League© Committee might consider Holy Cross alumna Leigh Anne Brodsky ('80) since she has spent her entire career in Cable Television and related media. She must have done at least some reporting along the way, I would guess. The Committee does recognize Nickelodeon News as "Cable News."

http://media.progressivebusinessmedia.com/photo/356/356586-Brodsky.jpg

It is up to Crusaders fans to find other options, though. I've done all I can do. xrolleyesx

Pard4Life
June 19th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Um...

http://trinities.org/blog/wp-content/uploads/iObject-critter.jpg

This new topic of conversation belongs on the Lafayette-UNH thread.

RichH2
June 19th, 2014, 03:14 PM
Dont be so rigid P4L. PL threads meander. This one no different. Pretty girls are appropriate anytime,anywhere :)

Go...gate
June 19th, 2014, 03:22 PM
Dont be so rigid P4L. PL threads meander. This one no different. Pretty girls are appropriate anytime,anywhere :)

Indeed.

Go...gate
June 19th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Can you blame her? xeyebrowx

Why do you say that?

Bogus Megapardus
June 19th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Um...This new topic of conversation belongs on the Lafayette-UNH thread.

I'll move the AGS™ Exclusive Cable NewsBabes of the Patriot League© voting to the "AGS Lounge" once all nominations are in. So far we have every PL football school covered, but I'd like to hear more from Holy Cross and get a nod from Georgetown that The Committee's substitution of Norah O'Donnell is acceptable.

EDIT - I will assume for preliminary purposes that Andrea Tantaros (Lehigh), Patti Ann Browne (Fordham), Meg Baker (Lafayette), Amanda Sidman (Bucknell) and Monica Crowley (Colgate) are acceptable to the AGS posters from those institutions as Cable NewsBabes of the Patriot League© nominees. Please chime in at once if you have an alternate nominee.

Sader87
June 20th, 2014, 11:10 AM
I did a relatively exhausting search and can find no alternative for Ms. Brodsky... I'm kind of surprised at this. While we have a plethora of male Crusaders in television media, I can't think of another female Crusader....one would think that of the many of our beautiful and brilliant alumnae, someone would have become prominent in this field.

We do have "giants" on TV though....Neil Fingleton '03 on this year's Game of Thrones:

Bogus Megapardus
June 20th, 2014, 01:04 PM
I did a relatively exhausting search and can find no alternative for Ms. Brodsky... I'm kind of surprised at this. While we have a plethora of male Crusaders in television media, I can't think of another female Crusader....one would think that of the many of our beautiful and brilliant alumnae, someone would have become prominent in this field.

You guys can still go with Chris Matthews if you prefer, but I agree that Leigh Anne Brodsky is a much better selection as a Cable NewsBabe. Undoubtedly he would do well in the Q-rating and prime demographic competition, I'm not sure how well Matthews would fare in the cleavage and black dress events - even though his leg is quite famous.

Georgetown? You guys OK going with Norah O'Donnell? (The sooner I hear from the Hoya side the quicker this topic gets transferred to the AGS Lounge so this thread can get back to discussion about 2014 Patriot League football.)

jimbo65
June 20th, 2014, 01:13 PM
Just kidding.

Bogus Megapardus
June 20th, 2014, 01:25 PM
It's a shame that international model and Clinique makeup artist Jenna Menard (Lafayette ’03) isn't a cable TV reporter. She'd be in the running, I would imagine.

http://www.lafayette.edu/about/files/2011/05/Jenna-Menard_Clinique_post-300x200.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/14bophk.jpg

Bogus Megapardus
June 20th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Just kidding.

Jimbo65 - You guys OK with Patti Ann Browne as your nominee? I hope so. She's definitely a top contender.

jimbo65
June 20th, 2014, 02:38 PM
Jimbo65 - You guys OK with Patti Ann Browne as your nominee? I hope so. She's definitely a top contender.

An emphatic yes. New meaning to the "student body".

Bogus Megapardus
June 20th, 2014, 04:35 PM
I haven't heard from Bucknell posters, but the The Committee would like to offer an additional Cable NewsBabes of the Patriot League© nomination on behalf of the Bison - Emmy Award-winning NBC 10 (Philadelphia) reporter Katy Zachary (Bucknell '02):

http://i57.tinypic.com/24gpxch.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/11lrfyb.jpg

Bucknell fans, please select your nominee - either Amanda Sidman or Katy Zachary. Absent a Bison preference, Ms. Zachary appears to have the better resume. A tad slim in the bosom, perhaps, but a very likely candidate nonetheless.

bison137
June 21st, 2014, 09:30 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/24gpxch.jpg

Bucknell fans, please select your nominee - either Amanda Sidman or Katy Zachary. Absent a Bison preference, Ms. Zachary appears to have the better resume. A tad slim in the bosom, perhaps, but a very likely candidate nonetheless.

I'm OK with that choice. Don't know how she'll do in the voting, but I know Bucknell has the winner if we ever get to which TV employee (male or female) earns the most money.

Bogus Megapardus
June 22nd, 2014, 07:16 PM
I'm OK with that choice. Don't know how she'll do in the voting, but I know Bucknell has the winner if we ever get to which TV employee (male or female) earns the most money.

Thanks, 137. I'm inclined to go with Ms. Zachary as well (with no slight whatsoever toward Ms. Sidman, mind you).

Either I will move the voting to the AGS Lounge early this week, or I'll just drop the whole idea completely if it seems like there's no real interest.

In any event, this thread can now get back to football discussion! So . . . . how 'bout dem Engineers, Huh?

RichH2
June 22nd, 2014, 08:17 PM
Heck, Bogie just do a poll right here.

DFW HOYA
June 22nd, 2014, 10:01 PM
On a more relevant topic, the Massey Ratings predictions for 2014:

Fordham 10-2
Lafayette 8-3
Bucknell 7-4
Lehigh 6-5
Holy Cross 5-7
Colgate 2-10
Georgetown 0-11

Go...gate
June 22nd, 2014, 10:38 PM

Fordham 10-2
Lafayette 8-3
Bucknell 7-4
Lehigh 6-5
Holy Cross 5-7
Colgate 2-10
Georgetown 0-11

I am old enough to remember Colgate crashing after other long-time successful coaches have left (Hal Lahar and Fred Dunlap come to mind). So this does not surprise me all that much. Time will tell.

Bogus Megapardus
June 22nd, 2014, 11:15 PM
Those Massey ratings seem to follow last season's trends, for better or for worse. But history suggests that it would seem unwise to put money on Bucknell outpacing both Colgate and Lehigh in any season.

And, just a guess here, but Georgetown will not go 0-11 and Colgate will not go 2-10. I think you can bet on that.

EDIT - DFW, are you going by the Massey ratings from last January? I don't see any that are more current.

Gater
June 22nd, 2014, 11:42 PM
Here is the link for Colgate's schedule. You can click on the other teams to see their predictions. Wish the predictions were there for previous seasons (instead of just results) but it's pretty great to be able see the season records and rankings of every team a school played.

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=1675&s=262657

Bogus Megapardus
June 22nd, 2014, 11:53 PM
Here is the link for Colgate's schedule. You can click on the other teams to see their predictions. Wish the predictions were there for previous seasons (instead of just results) but it's pretty great to be able see the season records and rankings of every team a school played.

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=1675&s=262657

OK, thanks Gater. I see it now. Here are the links to the Massey predictions for each team's schedule -

Bucknell (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=964&s=262657)

Colgate (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=1675&s=262657)

Fordham (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=2682&s=262657)

Georgetown (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=2868&s=262657)

Holy Cross (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3304&s=262657)

Lafayette (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=3888&s=262657)

Lehigh (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=4024&s=262657)

I'll believe it if I see it.

carney2
June 23rd, 2014, 08:22 AM

Fordham 10-2
Lafayette 8-3
Bucknell 7-4
Lehigh 6-5
Holy Cross 5-7
Colgate 2-10
Georgetown 0-11

Highest probability is Fordham at 10-2, but it won't go the way Massey predicts. The Rams have the horses to sneak up on either 'nova or Army, and will get ambushed by a League playmate somewhere along the way. If they can't keep Nebrich healthy all bets are off.

Lowest probability is Colgate at 2-10 and Lafayette at 8-3. New coach or not, the 'gaters are better than that. Getting the table run on them for all of October and November just ain't gonna happen. McCarney will be sorely missed, however. Pards at 8-3 relies too heavily on a weak schedule and assumes that all of their many questions will be answered in the positive. Oh yeah, it also assumes that The Frankosaurus will find something else to do every Saturday this fall.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 23rd, 2014, 08:47 AM
Bucknell's record is predicated on a 4-1 run through their non-conference schedule. While they should be favored against VMI and Marist, I think best case scenario they emerge 3-2 from that run with the possibility of a worse record, depending on Nitti's development as a QB.

Then it gets harder.

RichH2
June 23rd, 2014, 09:42 AM
Massey pretty accurate in season ,The current predictions are based on lastyr's schedule and scores. Speculative at this point. Altho LUprojection not far off my expectation for season record. A winning record and beating Pards are the goals as of now.

DFW HOYA
June 23rd, 2014, 12:41 PM
Massey pretty accurate in season ,The current predictions are based on lastyr's schedule and scores. Speculative at this point.

Agreed. And while I wouldn't pick Georgetown for 0-11, Sgarlata has a steep climb ahead of him. No scholarships, consecutive weak recruiting classes exacerbated by scholarships, and the loss of 24 seniors that made up the bulk of a two-deep that still finished 2-9 in 2013. Losing kids to I-A schools late in the recruiting season hurts.

Team unity will be key as to avoid further attrition.

2ram
June 23rd, 2014, 01:32 PM
true that hoya. the hill gtwon was climbing looks like it turned into a mountain.

crusader11
June 23rd, 2014, 04:44 PM
Late to the conversation, but...

http://www.wickedlocal.com/storyimage/WL/20120713/NEWS/307139415/AR/0/AR-307139415.jpg&MaxW=315&MaxH=315

Elizabeth Frisoli is a 2005 grad of Holy Cross. Former CBS sports reporter/anchor and current Wagner women's lax coach.

Find me a better under-boob picture of any of the preceding women...you can't.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/1936029_628811374911_985668_n.jpg

Pard4Life
June 23rd, 2014, 04:58 PM
Highest probability is Fordham at 10-2, but it won't go the way Massey predicts. The Rams have the horses to sneak up on either 'nova or Army, and will get ambushed by a League playmate somewhere along the way. If they can't keep Nebrich healthy all bets are off.

Lowest probability is Colgate at 2-10 and Lafayette at 8-3. New coach or not, the 'gaters are better than that. Getting the table run on them for all of October and November just ain't gonna happen. McCarney will be sorely missed, however. Pards at 8-3 relies too heavily on a weak schedule and assumes that all of their many questions will be answered in the positive. Oh yeah, it also assumes that The Frankosaurus will find something else to do every Saturday this fall.

Interesting: best case I see us at 8-3, worst case 7-4. Frankosaurus case: 6-5.

bison137
June 23rd, 2014, 05:07 PM
Bucknell's record is predicated on a 4-1 run through their non-conference schedule. While they should be favored against VMI and Marist, I think best case scenario they emerge 3-2 from that run with the possibility of a worse record, depending on Nitti's development as a QB.

Then it gets harder.

If Nitti develops into a competent QB, then I think 4-1 is definitely possible. Other than QB, this is the best Bucknell team since the better Tom Gadd teams. And at the 21 positions, the personnel may be as good as any PL team. But of course that 22nd position is key.

RichH2
June 23rd, 2014, 05:44 PM
Late to the conversation, but...

http://www.wickedlocal.com/storyimage/WL/20120713/NEWS/307139415/AR/0/AR-307139415.jpg&MaxW=315&MaxH=315

Elizabeth Frisoli is a 2005 grad of Holy Cross. Former CBS sports reporter/anchor and current Wagner women's lax coach.

Find me a better under-boob picture of any of the preceding women...you can't.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/1936029_628811374911_985668_n.jpg

Dont have much to say exceptThank you :)

Go Lehigh TU Owl
June 23rd, 2014, 09:24 PM

Then it gets harder.

I said earlier in the thread that the Bison have a chance to go 5-0 in the OOC. SHU is the only game where Bucknell will be an underdog imo.

I hope they're undefeated when they visit Goodman in early October. It'll make payback even sweeter....

RichH2
June 23rd, 2014, 10:50 PM
I said earlier in the thread that the Bison have a chance to go 5-0 in the OOC. SHU is the only game where Bucknell will be an underdog imo.

I hope they're undefeated when they visit Goodman in early October. It'll make payback even sweeter....
=
+1 as to Goodman revenge. Agree BU could be better ,big if is QB.

carney2
June 24th, 2014, 03:27 PM
PL threads meander.

ADHD - Required for admission to member...uh...institutions.

RichH2
June 24th, 2014, 04:07 PM
ADHD - Required for admission to member...uh...institutions.
Yup, so many topics,so little time.

citdog
June 24th, 2014, 06:59 PM

When VMI beats them like it's New Market I'll be the fella doubled up laughing at the patsy. I WON'T be the only one either.

Lehigh'98
June 24th, 2014, 07:10 PM
How hard did you laugh last November when Bucknell pasted them 35-23?

Bill
June 24th, 2014, 09:37 PM
When VMI beats them like it's New Market I'll be the fella doubled up laughing at the patsy. I WON'T be the only one either.

Oh, what the hell- hey citdog, check out this piece about Bucknell & its ties to the War of Northern Aggression. I think you'll find it interesting:
http://www.bucknell.edu/Documents/Education/HistoryofBucknell/DreeseBackwardGlance.pdf

bison137
June 26th, 2014, 07:59 PM
How hard did you laugh last November when Bucknell pasted them 35-23?

It was only that close because Bucknell gave them a 17-7 lead to be sporting before closing it out on a 28-6 run.

Citidog no doubt dislikes Bucknell because it was a stop on the Underground Railroad. Daughter of the BU President was heavily involved.