PDA

View Full Version : SLC Predictions - 10/28

TexasTerror
October 22nd, 2006, 07:49 PM
OOC (does not count towards my predictions): Nicholls St over Assumption

2-1 TxSt @ 1-2 NWST
The Demons have a big home contest with their SLC title hopes on the line. The Bobcats enter with a two-game winning streak in conference (wins over McN and SELA) and many fans in the Bobcat Nation have them "back" after two weeks ago, having folks jump off the side of a cliff. Northwestern St came out strong against Nicholls St with the Purple Swarm, but the offense seemed stagnant once more. If the Demons offense can play anywhere near the level of the Purple Swarm, they'll be successful. Still think the 'Cats slip past the Demons, TxSt 24-21 NWST

1-1 McN @ 2-0 SHSU
Sam Houston St can really make their mark in the SLC with a win in this game. SHSU has in the past struggled with McNeese when they were fighting for the SLC title as they are this year. The last trip to Huntsville for the Pokes saw a shootout like none other. Last year, the Pokes capitalized on bad Bearkat decisions and pounced on the Kats for a lot of points to turn a Kats lead into an unexpected Cowboys lead, similar to last week's results in Huntsville against Central Arkansas. Will the Kats respond to what happened to UCA? Or will the Kats continue their funk against a McNeese team that has given them trouble in the past? I hope the Kats respond and the Kats faithful realize it's not all too bad in Huntsville. SHSU 41-35 McNeese

1-1 SFA @ 1-2 SELA
SFA fell in Nacogdoches to McNeese last week, two weeks after ending their winless skid against the Bobcats in San Marcos. SFA is really going to have their work cut out for them after the long ride to Hammond. SELA has been impressive, regardless of what the results in the standings dictate. Many have been impressed with their running back, Jay Lucas, but can the Lions maintain possession of the ball? And who will show up and be the QB to lead the Air Raid, Babin or Schlosser? Too many questions for the Lions, but SFA has their own questions to figure out heading on the road. A toss up, but I'll go with the home team, Southeastern LA 17-13 SFA

Recap:
Terror's Track Record: 5-4
SLC Week One: 2-1
SLC Week Two: 1-2
SLC Week Three: 2-1

Cat79
October 22nd, 2006, 08:57 PM
TT

Those predictions look pretty good. Texas State is starting to click on all cylinders now. It should get interesting this week.:D

slycat
October 22nd, 2006, 09:16 PM
texas st over nwst - things have finally clicked and if they continue i think it will lead to a texas st win

shsu over mcneese - shsu showed some weaknesses in last weeks game but mcneese has struggled too. i think playing in huntsville will help lead to a bearkat win

sela over sfa - lucas looks fantastic for sela. of they can get him going he's tough to stop. the lions look like they are getting better each week. sfa may play spoils though.

Lionsrking
October 23rd, 2006, 02:47 AM
OOC (does not count towards my predictions): Nicholls St over Assumption

2-1 TxSt @ 1-2 NWST
The Demons have a big home contest with their SLC title hopes on the line. The Bobcats enter with a two-game winning streak in conference (wins over McN and SELA) and many fans in the Bobcat Nation have them "back" after two weeks ago, having folks jump off the side of a cliff. Northwestern St came out strong against Nicholls St with the Purple Swarm, but the offense seemed stagnant once more. If the Demons offense can play anywhere near the level of the Purple Swarm, they'll be successful. Still think the 'Cats slip past the Demons, TxSt 24-21 NWST

1-1 McN @ 2-0 SHSU
Sam Houston St can really make their mark in the SLC with a win in this game. SHSU has in the past struggled with McNeese when they were fighting for the SLC title as they are this year. The last trip to Huntsville for the Pokes saw a shootout like none other. Last year, the Pokes capitalized on bad Bearkat decisions and pounced on the Kats for a lot of points to turn a Kats lead into an unexpected Cowboys lead, similar to last week's results in Huntsville against Central Arkansas. Will the Kats respond to what happened to UCA? Or will the Kats continue their funk against a McNeese team that has given them trouble in the past? I hope the Kats respond and the Kats faithful realize it's not all too bad in Huntsville. SHSU 41-35 McNeese

1-1 SFA @ 1-2 SELA
SFA fell in Nacogdoches to McNeese last week, two weeks after ending their winless skid against the Bobcats in San Marcos. SFA is really going to have their work cut out for them after the long ride to Hammond. SELA has been impressive, regardless of what the results in the standings dictate. Many have been impressed with their running back, Jay Lucas, but can the Lions maintain possession of the ball? And who will show up and be the QB to lead the Air Raid, Babin or Schlosser? Too many questions for the Lions, but SFA has their own questions to figure out heading on the road. A toss up, but I'll go with the home team, Southeastern LA 17-13 SFA

Recap:
Terror's Track Record: 5-4
SLC Week One: 2-1
SLC Week Two: 1-2
SLC Week Three: 2-1

There are zero questions as to who will lead the Southeastern Air Raid offense from here on out. Bradd Schlosser has firmly established himself with two very good performances in the last two weeks. We didn't get in the endzone enough against Texas State but he led us down the field repeatedly and was 25-32 for 250, 1 TD, 0 INTs. He sees the entire field and has ice water in his veins. He'll only get better over time.

As for Texas State "being back" so to speak, I would have a hard time arguing against it the way they played against us in the second half. Bradley George is a difference maker and can make throws very few college QBs can make. They aren't world beaters on defense but right now I think they're better than anyone else in the SLC.

Lionsrking
October 23rd, 2006, 03:07 AM
sela over sfa - lucas looks fantastic for sela. of they can get him going he's tough to stop. the lions look like they are getting better each week. sfa may play spoils though.

We got beat by a good football team last night but I agree we're getting better. The 38-17 score last night was probably more indicative of how well Texas State played than anything else. We moved the ball well all night and several opportunities to score but just didn't finish. Lucas only ran the ball once in the second half after gaining 69 yards on 11 carries in the first.

BEAR
October 23rd, 2006, 08:51 AM
Even though my beloved Bears are facing IDLE U. this week, I can't wait to whip up on some mulerider for homecoming next week! Ha. mulerider...dang...should have chosen mustangs or lions or something with a little bite..I see this one getting out of hand early...UCA 56 SAU 7xlolx :hurray:

UCA 6300
Idle 0

Purple Pride
October 23rd, 2006, 10:27 AM
Even though my beloved Bears are facing IDLE U. this week, I can't wait to whip up on some mulerider for homecoming next week! Ha. mulerider...dang...should have chosen mustangs or lions or something with a little bite..I see this one getting out of hand early...UCA 56 SAU 7xlolx :hurray:

UCA 6300
Idle 0

Man I'm glad we don't have to go to their house anymore. With that dang cow pasture RIGHT next to the field, the flies will carry you off.xlolx xlolx

slycat
October 23rd, 2006, 11:17 PM
There are zero questions as to who will lead the Southeastern Air Raid offense from here on out. Bradd Schlosser has firmly established himself with two very good performances in the last two weeks. We didn't get in the endzone enough against Texas State but he led us down the field repeatedly and was 25-32 for 250, 1 TD, 0 INTs. He sees the entire field and has ice water in his veins. He'll only get better over time.

As for Texas State "being back" so to speak, I would have a hard time arguing against it the way they played against us in the second half. Bradley George is a difference maker and can make throws very few college QBs can make. They aren't world beaters on defense but right now I think they're better than anyone else in the SLC.

i liked ya'lls qb. he made some great plays that got ya'll down the field but our defense would finally step up when it counted. before we got control of the game i thought he was going to pass all over us. i think if he can find the endzone better ya'll will win some more games.

Dallas Demon
October 24th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Northwestern St. over Texas St. (Demons don't lose often to Texas St., and a loss to Texas St. at home is extremely rare)
McNeese St. over Sam Houston St.
SE Louisiana over SFA

Lionsrking
October 24th, 2006, 01:37 AM
i liked ya'lls qb. he made some great plays that got ya'll down the field but our defense would finally step up when it counted. before we got control of the game i thought he was going to pass all over us. i think if he can find the endzone better ya'll will win some more games.

He's going to be a good one. He's not the toolsiest QB in the world but he sees the field and makes decisions as good as anybody. When we signed him there were comparisons to Martin Hankins but I'm not so sure he won't be better.

Lionsrking
October 24th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Northwestern St. over Texas St. (Demons don't lose often to Texas St., and a loss to Texas St. at home is extremely rare)
McNeese St. over Sam Houston St.
SE Louisiana over SFA

Hopefully your predictions will come true in exact fashion.

Spooney-Cat
October 24th, 2006, 04:13 PM
We are starting to hit our stride right now. George is a specimen at QB and we have such a young, talented team. Considering half our team is either a freshman or sophmore, is a very scary thought for the rest of the SLC!

Texas State 34
NwSt 17

Sam_Kats
October 24th, 2006, 06:33 PM
very scary thought for the rest of the SLC!

One word - BOMAR

I think we'll be okay!!:smiley_wi

blackfordpu
October 24th, 2006, 08:16 PM
One word - BOMAR

I think we'll be okay!!:smiley_wi

Don't put the cart before the horse. He has to become eligable first.

slycat
October 24th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Don't put the cart before the horse. He has to become eligable first.

i thought word on him was supposed to come over the weekend. any of ya'll think he'll [lay this year since its so far into the season?

Lionsrking
October 24th, 2006, 10:56 PM
We are starting to hit our stride right now. George is a specimen at QB and we have such a young, talented team. Considering half our team is either a freshman or sophmore, is a very scary thought for the rest of the SLC!

Texas State 34
NwSt 17

Just about everybody in the league is young. We return all but one player on offense and start four true freshmen and three sophomores. Northwestern State only has six seniors. The league may be down this year but looks to be strong for years to come.

McNeese75
October 25th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Demons over Cats
Cowboys over Kats
SELU over SFA
UCA over Idle

kats89
October 25th, 2006, 01:35 PM
i thought word on him was supposed to come over the weekend. any of ya'll think he'll [lay this year since its so far into the season?

Just wait.

Sam_Kats
October 25th, 2006, 02:12 PM
True - but you KNOW he's going to be a STUD!!

SFA 71
October 25th, 2006, 04:29 PM
McN Boys over shs cats by 9
SFA Jacks over SeLa by 12
Nw Demons over swt cats by 6:thumbsup:

GeauxLions94
October 25th, 2006, 11:43 PM
McN Boys over shs cats by 9
SFA Jacks over SeLa by 12
Nw Demons over swt cats by 6:thumbsup:

Let's hope you're right on two of those. SFA by 12 on the road??? :rotateh:

SFA 71