PDA

View Full Version : New Stony Brook AD

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
May 8th, 2014, 11:16 PM
Here we have this great Journalism School yet I don't think anyone ever got to real the bottom of what happened with our last AD or why $800,000 payoffs are a reasonable thing to do. This guy seems to have been around the block, let's hope he keeps us moving on up ... and his hands to himself.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/stony-brook/stony-brook-hires-shawn-heilbron-to-be-new-athletic-director-1.7964653

LeopardBall10
May 9th, 2014, 07:08 AM
I don't have the exact number, but a new AD usually means a change at the top of the football or Men's bball program. With as much as SBU football has grown over the last few years I hope I am wrong.

TheBoyWhoSeaWolf
May 9th, 2014, 06:57 PM
SBU Men's Basketball and Baseball coaches just got new contracts. The Football coach's job is just as safe.

Seawolf97
May 10th, 2014, 04:39 PM
Football is quite safe for the next few years. Our new AD to me has pedigree credentials all from big time programs- SMU, UCLA and Oregon St. plus he is a Univ of Texas alum. He is a master at fundraising and football will be his top priority according to the local media at his intro yesterday. I think stadium expansion will come sooner rather than later with him also. I'm really positive about this appointment as many others are . This could be a key turning point in our athletic department going forward.