PDA

View Full Version : Is DII powerhouse Northwest Missouri moving up?

hebmskebm
May 1st, 2014, 12:11 PM
They just posted this message on their athletics Facebook page (along with a picture of their logo that says JUNE 2014):

"Happy May Day. A change is coming to Northwest Athletics this June! #StayTuned"

https://www.facebook.com/bearcatsports

NoDak 4 Ever
May 1st, 2014, 12:12 PM
Trade them for MoState.

citdog
May 1st, 2014, 12:16 PM
they are moving to the sun bletch

Bisonator
May 1st, 2014, 12:21 PM
Trade them for MoState.

I'd rather Youngstown or Indiana State.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 1st, 2014, 12:24 PM
I'd rather Youngstown or Indiana State.

ISUb is in to stay. They're Missouri Valley through and through. Youngstown puzzles me. I wouldn't hate that either.

Lehigh Football Nation
May 1st, 2014, 12:32 PM
A new social media director? :P

hebmskebm
May 1st, 2014, 12:39 PM
ISUb is in to stay. They're Missouri Valley through and through. Youngstown puzzles me. I wouldn't hate that either.

Youngstown is on a bit of an island geographically in the FCS. Where else could they park their football at this level? OVC? CAA? NEC?. The Mo Valley is the best option available to them at the moment. Incidentally, they would perfectly fit into the footprint of the MAC.

MplsBison
May 1st, 2014, 12:43 PM
They'd be a great partner in the Summit for Omaha.

Some people will recall that UNO was in the MIAA for a time, after the NCC collapsed.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 1st, 2014, 12:43 PM
Youngstown is on a bit of an island geographically in the FCS. Where else could they park their football at this level? OVC? CAA? NEC?. The Mo Valley is the best option available to them at the moment. Incidentally, they would perfectly fit into the footprint of the MAC.

The MAC is interesting. If Tressel gets the presidency at Akron, that might tip the scales a little. The only reason YSU isn't in FBS is that they can't get into the MAC which is the only viable option. OVC would be better than the MVFC for a number of reasons, actually.

hebmskebm
May 1st, 2014, 12:56 PM
...aaaaannnnd the D2 board Northwest people are saying it's simply a logo/color scheme change. Well then.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 1st, 2014, 12:59 PM
...aaaaannnnd the D2 board Northwest people are saying it's simply a logo/color scheme change. Well then.

Boring!

I actually didn't realize they were as small as they are. Probably not a fit for FCS regardless of their football success in DII.

clenz
They are quite touchy on their logo.

They did a small change on it a couple years ago and people had major issues with that.

FargoBison

I thought it would be something like that, if they were going to move up or thinking about doing so we would have heard about it by now.

NoCoDanny
May 2nd, 2014, 10:21 PM
What school just moves up with a surprise annoucement on facebook? Don't they do years of studies and talks beforehand? If they really were moving up wouldn't that need to be approved by the board of trustees or whoever oversees things, isn't this a public school therefore of public record? No public school is secretly moving up without anyone knowing...

MSUBear42
May 3rd, 2014, 03:50 PM
Trade them for MoState.

Seriously???

NoDak 4 Ever
May 3rd, 2014, 09:35 PM
Seriously???

We have to have a contingency when you make your giant leap to the Sun Belt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 3rd, 2014, 10:56 PM
Seriously???

How much longer is TA going to get in Springfield?

MSUBear42
May 9th, 2014, 12:13 PM
How much longer is TA going to get in Springfield?

Lame duck this year. He'll have to be V E R Y good this year to save his ass.

He's lucky he's getting this first year in the upgraded stadium, though.