PDA

View Full Version : SIU

siugrad99
October 21st, 2006, 08:45 PM
A team that goes out and beats a Big Ten opponent and continues to get worse each week. We don't deserve to be ranked and will not make the playoffs. We cannot stop ANYONE and it came to an obvious head tonight. It pains me to know end to be this honest, but better now then a month from now when we are sittin at home. :mad: Best of luck to the rest of the Gateway hopefully you can do what my Salukis haven't been able to do for the past 4 seasons.

skinny_uncle
October 21st, 2006, 08:48 PM
Ready for some basketball?

ISUMatt
October 21st, 2006, 08:59 PM
Ready for some basketball?

NO!! :D

pantherclaw
October 21st, 2006, 09:32 PM
YOU guys, its not over. Last year UNI was 2-2 in the conference and was 4-3 and they fought back and went to the NC:bawling: ahh the memories, but ne who. Its not over, you guys have 2 losses on the season and can actually afford one more and still make the playoff's b/c u beat Indiana who beat Iowa who beat Iowa State, who beat UNI, so see you're better than UNI so far. :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi

Toppermaniac
October 22nd, 2006, 10:43 AM
I always look forward to hoops season, but our pigskin season is still alive thanks to our win today. Maybe we can get on a roll like in 2002 when we won 9 in a row including the NC. :hurray:

Toppermaniac
October 22nd, 2006, 04:00 PM
Boy, is the WKU-UNI game in two weeks going to be a big one now. If we can get another big win on the road (I know it's going to be tough, but no where near impossible), I think we'll win out and go 8-3 and make the playoffs. I don't think YSU will beat us at home if we win in Iowa. If we lose at UNI, who knows how we'll play against YSU.

skinny_uncle
October 22nd, 2006, 04:56 PM
YOU guys, its not over. Last year UNI was 2-2 in the conference and was 4-3 and they fought back and went to the NC:bawling: ahh the memories, but ne who. Its not over, you guys have 2 losses on the season and can actually afford one more and still make the playoff's b/c u beat Indiana who beat Iowa who beat Iowa State, who beat UNI, so see you're better than UNI so far. :smiley_wi :smiley_wi :smiley_wi
:dizzy:

BearsCountry
October 22nd, 2006, 06:44 PM
Don't worry you guys will get back on track this week.

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2006, 10:03 PM
MVC basketball is going to have another great year, bust stick with us here. A lot of GFC football to be played.

poharry
October 22nd, 2006, 10:22 PM
I wouldn't call Indiana a real Big 10 team, sorry.

Saluki_man
October 22nd, 2006, 10:31 PM
I wouldn't call Indiana a real Big 10 team, sorry.

This year Indiana isn't that bad. Most likely you will see them with a .500 record or better, which is good for that program.

SIU's problems run a little deeper. The offence needs to be a little bit more creative, WKU dared us to pass and we couldn't. Arkee Whitlock can't face 8 and 9 man fronts to be effective. Also we have to control the clock, letting WKU have more than 3-1 advantage in number of plays will wear out a D real quick. The defence's problem is not being able to stop the run. The last three weeks this team has been gashed on the ground and that needs to stop. Also the pass rush needs to be better than what it showed.

Toppermaniac
October 22nd, 2006, 10:34 PM
Look at it this way. Your special teams destroyed ours. Two TDs on special teams. It either shows how good your STs are or how bad ours is. Maybe both.

blukeys
October 22nd, 2006, 10:50 PM
I saw SIU in person in 2003. None of the games I have been able to catch on TV or the Internet since then have changed my view.

1. The SIU O-Line most closely resembles the Sta Puf Marshmallow guy from Ghostbusters. They are fat and slow and cannot block against quality I-AA opponents which they find in the playoffs.

2. SIU QB's are the most overrated skill position guys of all time. Joel Sambursky would never get a number 2 backup slot at any Socon or A-10 school.

3. If the fat and slow O-Line can't open holes for the backs then SIU is screwed. This happens every year at playoff time and this year will be no exception.

My apologies to all of the SIU posters for this brutally candid opinion of the SIU team. SIU has had nothing but totally classy posters. But I only had SIU on my ballot last week out of respect for the Gateway. One back cannot make a championship team. :nod: :nod: