PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Who Would Rather Face From the West?

AggieFinn
October 20th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Montana or Cal Poly? Who do you think your squad matches up against better? :cool:

GOKATS
October 20th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Easy question- Montana because we can beat them lately.

Cal Poly seems to have our number.

TexasTerror
October 20th, 2006, 07:24 PM
SHSU and the SLC have too much history with going to Missoula and falling to the Grizzlies. Doesn't matter whom! SHSU does have the biggest rivalry with the Griz out of the SLC, but we'd rather continue it in Huntsville, where we own an undefeated record against them instead of Wash-Griz!

Cal Poly is 0-1 against the SLC all time in the playoffs. Guess we'd rather head out there instead of Montana...

grizfan86
October 20th, 2006, 07:41 PM
The Kitty fans have a problem with the Griz. Envy. Sure they have won "3 of 4", as they say ad nauseum, but they don't have the Griz's number. Travis Lulay had the Griz's number. It's over. The Griz will stomp them this year.

Gil Dobie
October 20th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Got a 3 game winning streak against the Griz, Cal-Poly has beat us twice in a row, so revenge on Cal-Poly this year would be great.

BisonBacker
October 20th, 2006, 08:46 PM
They are both dam fine teams and playing either one will be difficult. We will get to see how difficult with Cal Poly. Guess we will just have to wait to get the Griz on the Schedule, wish they'd come to Fargo for a game, guaranteed sellout.

GOKATS
October 20th, 2006, 08:48 PM
The Kitty fans have a problem with the Griz. Envy. Sure they have won "3 of 4", as they say ad nauseum, but they don't have the Griz's number. Travis Lulay had the Griz's number. It's over. The Griz will stomp them this year.

Envy? You must be kidding? What the hell is there to be envious of?

Travis Lulay was a great QB, but the reason the 'Cats are 3 out 4 is because Coach Kramer has Haucks number and that (and a solid effort by the offense, defense, and special teams) will result in 4 out of 5 on Nov. 18.

GOKATS
October 20th, 2006, 08:49 PM

Envy? You must be kidding? What the hell is there to be envious of?

Travis Lulay was a great QB, but the reason the 'Cats are 3 out 4 is because Coach Kramer has Haucks number and that (and a solid effort by the offense, defense, and special teams) will result in 4 out of 5 on Nov. 18.

Jacks99
October 20th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Last year, tossup. This year Poly. Hopefully tomorrow will prove that fact. Montana seems a step up this year and Poly about the same maybe a hair down this year.

slostang
October 20th, 2006, 09:17 PM
SHSU and the SLC have too much history with going to Missoula and falling to the Grizzlies. Doesn't matter whom! SHSU does have the biggest rivalry with the Griz out of the SLC, but we'd rather continue it in Huntsville, where we own an undefeated record against them instead of Wash-Griz!

Cal Poly is 0-1 against the SLC all time in the playoffs. Guess we'd rather head out there instead of Montana...
We are 0-1 on the road against the SLC (14-7 loss to Texas State in the 2005 quarter finals), but 1-0 against the SLC at home (38-21 win against Texas State in 2004 reg. season). I would love to see more SLC teams on Cal Poly's schedule. I heard we open the 2007 season on the road in San Marcos against Texas State. We still have some home dates open for next season. Does any other SLC teams want to come to California?

darussian12
October 20th, 2006, 09:59 PM
after i get my drunk on tonight i can post that"why isn't there a TX State option" but yeah since SLC is open to anyone at the moment...easy choice...Cal poly if we can ever make it that far...sorry when its between cold as ball weather to similiar to our weather...Cal Poly...and since we would have played them last year...would be fun to do it again if it can be possible on our end...and i think we played them the year before last too...montana is so damn cold...and this coming from a russian and someone that went to alaska for my freshamn year...im just worried about getting a win against SELA.

Tailbone
October 20th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Ask again after Nov.4th. :D

GOKATS
October 20th, 2006, 10:06 PM
after i get my drunk on tonight i can post that"why isn't there a TX State option" but yeah since SLC is open to anyone at the moment...easy choice...Cal poly if we can ever make it that far...sorry when its between cold as ball weather to similiar to our weather...Cal Poly...and since we would have played them last year...would be fun to do it again if it can be possible on our end...and i think we played them the year before last too...montana is so damn cold...and this coming from a russian and someone that went to alaska for my freshamn year...im just worried about getting a win against SELA.

Okie Dokie?:rolleyes:

McNeese75
October 20th, 2006, 11:07 PM

:confused: Just how many times have the Kats played the Griz? I am not sure but McNeese has played them 5 or 6 times I think. (and have never lost to em in LC)

Tod
October 20th, 2006, 11:41 PM
Got a 3 game winning streak against the Griz, Cal-Poly has beat us twice in a row, so revenge on Cal-Poly this year would be great.

Gil, do you have better info on this than I can find? I remember last year that there was a question of the all-time series between the Griz and the Bison. The all-time list at montanagrizzlies.com has the record at 3-3, but I have no schedule or results. That would be cool if you have that.

Tod
October 20th, 2006, 11:44 PM
:confused: Just how many times have the Kats played the Griz? I am not sure but McNeese has played them 5 or 6 times I think. (and have never lost to em in LC)

Griz are 2-3 against McNeese, according to montanagrizzlies.com.

Gil Dobie
October 21st, 2006, 08:43 AM
Gil, do you have better info on this than I can find? I remember last year that there was a question of the all-time series between the Griz and the Bison. The all-time list at montanagrizzlies.com has the record at 3-3, but I have no schedule or results. That would be cool if you have that.

1969 & 70 were Bowls games in the College Division.
2003 - most of us remember.

I watched all of them on TV. :eek: :D

Here is a Bisonville link to Montana vs NDSU
Bison vs Montana (http://www.bisonville.com/zt000090.html)

TexasTerror
October 21st, 2006, 12:55 PM

1-3, plus two I-AA playoff matchups in the last five years...one QF and one SF

McNeese hasn't played Montana since 2002 and before that, 1997! Despite three playoff battles, since 2001, the Kats have played Montana quite a few times...compared to McNeese's 1...